OtakuBoards

How did you find OtakuBoards?

Senor Ding Dong

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I been visting theotaku for a while then one day like in 2001 I found the otakuboards. I did not know what forums ment back then and I did not know how to get back. Finaly in January after my birthday,I finaly learned how to get on and I joined. I am such an idiot.

I was on ign.com which I found about through my magazine PSM which I found when looking for a magazine called TIPS & TRICKS for codes but the didn't have it. So I'm on IGN.com when I was looking for help in my zelda game and I saw a link to here and I joined and went to the zelda forum and asked for help and then after a little while I ventured out into the other forums and the rest is history.

Hm...well....good question. Let me think for a while.....

I'm done thinking, and now I remember. I was always a frequent visitor to Theotaku.com, but i had never given much thought to the forum. I was bored one night after watching Cowboy Bebop, so i decided to join.

That also answered why my name is spike speigel....

I was searching for tests and similar. Google turned up the Guru tests. One fine day (very recently) I was bored, came on to check if there was a new Arena, and noticed the forums.

One of the tests (on another site, I think) asked 'does the word "obsessive" apply to you?' I stopped, and thought hang on, I've been doing Anime personality and ideal girlfriend tests for two and a half hours.......

needless to say, I checked yes!

I was just surfing for anime pics and whatever else interesting I could find. I ended up on theotaku.com and clicked on the message boards link out of curiousity. This is my first and only message board to date. (I was elated when I saw there was a place where other people liked anime as much or more than I did!)

Guest butterfly
i had heard about from my friends for awhile and was getting annoyed about not knowing what it was. so one day when i bored, i decided to check it out. and what do yo know i am here. not always here, but still here.

[color=0099FF] [size=1]Juu, my cousin bugged me of joining for a LONG TIME!

She convinced me to join and told me all these great things about it. And I think it's great, and I am on ever since (well I left the board for quite a while.)[/color] [/size]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I searched for Gundam Wing on aol.com about 3 years ago and I found TheOtaku.com and I clicked on forums when it started out. Then it was down for a few months T_T and then I forgot about it until recently.

I found it when I was doing a search on Google. I was searching for Digimon pictures and one of the results was theotaku.com/digimon. So I went there and found a lot of Digimon pictures (this was back in June of 2002, before the links to the pictures in the Digidex were lost). I also found a section called "Otakumons" on that site. They were ficDigimon. There was also a FicDigidex, which was also consisted of ficDigimon. Then I found out how to put my FicDigis on that site, so I drew some pictures of them on Paint. Just as I was about to submit them, I saw that you needed to be a member of Otakuboards and have 500 posts to submit them. I didn't believe the 500 post-part (and it wasn't true anyways), so I submitted them anyways, just incase. I did, however, sign up for Otakuborads and found the site pretty cool! The first place ?I went was the Pokemon section, and it was cool too. It took me a while to understand the rules fully, though, especially in sections such as the Adventure and Battle Arenas. (I'm lucky I didn't get banned!) Well, anyways, here I am with over 500 posts now *stares at Ginny* and... well, that's how I found this site.

I wanted an Otakumon too ^_^

The main reason I was looking around in the first place was for a place to put my Digimon fanfic. That brought me to theOtaku.com, where there seemed to be a nice number of people with them- I didn't want to put it on a site with about six hundred different authors else mine'd hardly get read. While browsing around, I found the Otakumons and thought it'd be great to have one. So, I joined up with the boards and the rest is history. That was one year and two days ago ^_^

I found it by Nerdsy. I knew about it longer than before I joined. I liked to watch Nerdsy and stuff, talk to people on the chat rooms and boards. There is something I will never forget:

Nerdsy: Spikey!, Piro Munkie asks what you are doing.
Spikey: I dunno

I think I new about ob since Oct 2001 or November 2001, somewhere around there. But I'm glad I joined. heh

[SIZE=1][color=green]Umm... let's see. I was searching for stuff on the stone Topaz (don ask why). Then the fan fic part of Otaku came up. It had the artist, well, Topaz! That was about last summer. From then to about December instead of clicking fan fic, I clicked Forum. This came up. I joined about 2 weeks later in January as Winged Kid. But just recently I hated that name so now I am §corpio! :D So far I've only told 2 of my friends hooked on Otaku. Arie§ and White_Raven.[/color]

-=§=- :wave:[/SIZE]

I was searching for Dragonball Z pictures I think. That was around v.1 I think. Then after about a year of being a member of theOtaku.com, I finally realized that there was a Forum. So I joined and I've been here ever since v.2. I lieft for a couple months during v.5 because my computer was down. I got on as much as I could. But now I am on about 7-8 times a day. Sometimes I'm on all day.

Well, I was searching for a good site to find some Cowboy Bebop pictures to put on a cover sheet for my computer class. There was a link to TheOtaku.com at Yahoo, so I decided to check it out. A few days later, I decided to register for the forums and I haven't been able to leave since. Not that I wanted to lol.

I wholeheartedly blame Charles. He showed me threads and excerpts, and I decided I had to get in on this. lol.

I've very much enjoyed my time so far, and the people are fun...very fun.

I'm having a blast.

It's been so long I can barely remember, but I think it all started on theotaku.com

I visited it for months before I actually noticed the little "otakuboards" logo on the side, lol

If I had gone on OB when I first started visiting theotaku.com then I would have been one of the original's who registered since November 2000

Ah well, Registering May 2001 ain't bad either

Yesterday, I was surfing the web for .Hack//Sign pics. I searched on Google and the first thing that came up was... theotaku.com I was looking at the pics and checking around when I saw OtakuBoards. I clicked on it to get some .Hack info, because I saw that was one of the topics. I learned today that there is a lot more stuff on this board. Including RPGs! So here I am now, typing on how I found this site.