OtakuBoards

How did you find OtakuBoards?

Senor Ding Dong

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Nintendo.com and and I went to the Gameboy part and I click some link and it took me to theotaku.com and I clicked the fourms and I've been here ever since. I typed whatever I remembered since this was about 3 or 4 years ago.

[color=teal][size=1][b]I was looking for Pokemon Gold Version cheats on Google.Then I clicked on a site.It sent me to theOtaku.com site.I though "hey this is cool".Then I saw a picture of this anime girl and it said "OtakuBoards.com" on it.I clicked it and tada, registered for 1 1/2 years now.[/b][/size][/color]

Sere told me about it, who knows how she found it.^^() Its wonderful though, I joined in 2001, then just...totally forgot about it...then just renectly I've come back and become well...kinda active.

I've consulted theotaku.com's digimon section for a while (you'd be surprised how hard it is to find a good digimon info database), and occasionnaly would wander over to the forum. I didn't register until October.

[size=1][color=darkblue] I found theotaku.com in october 2001, OIn my mad dragonball phaze. I never registered for Otakuboards because all the other forums I had seen thayt far were spammy and crap. Once I looked a OB, I thought wow! this is actually quite good. I signed up in may2002 under Saiyangohan2002 and have been here ever since.

- And i don't regret now not having time to visit the other iste I used to go to, like... uh... what was it's name again? :devil:[/size][/color]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Hmm... I got to TheOtaku by typing 'www.pokecheats.com'. I wanted to find out how to get a mew, so I could trade it for my chancey card back. (I'm surprised I remembered the names. >>; )

Well... I saw a button that said 'Chat', so I clicked it, and began chatting. I became an op there a few months later, so I began coming more and more often. While I was going to the chat one day, I clicked the wrong button, that said 'Forum'. But then, I remembered going to a forum a while back, so I decided to visit.

I've been here for less than a year- One year on May 14th. ^_^[/color] [/size]

[color=003399]God, i've been here for three years, almost >.< you know you have no life when... lol

Well, sometime in early August, 2000, i needed some help with Zelda DX. After searching for a bit, i came up with a site called "absolutegb.com" ('twas what TO was called) and after days of looking over the site, reading all about DBZ, and learning all about the internet in general, i saw the forums. After a few days of looking them over, i decided to join as "Trunks". The rest is all history... [/color]

*twitch twitch* Will. people. STOP. asking. this. question?!?!

Yes, I know you all are curious, but this has been asked app. 15 million times!

*sigh* Ok, ok. Done ranting. Sorry, but this thread has come up WAY too many times for my liking in the 1, 2, or 3 years I've been here.

One of the old members who doesn't go here anymore invited me to OB, saying that I just [I]had[/I] to join. Soooo . . . I come, I have a looksee, and ping! I'm addicted.

Any questions? No? Good.

--Sere

Hehehe, this topic pops up at least once a year.

I was a visitor to AbsoluteGameboy and Pokemon. Then i moved to Otaku, but i never really got into the boards. I even introduced Flash to the site, and he went to the boards, where i dared not enter. Who knows why O_o? Anyway i eventually came here.

Ah...I joined back on June 6th 2001, v2. So, I'm coming up on two years, but it feels like I first got here yesterday.

At that time, I was totally obsessed with Dragonball Z. I also liked to draw them, too, which helped improve my drawing skills a lot. Anyway, I would go to yahoo every once in a while and type in "Dragonball Z pictures/images" and go through the sites looking for the best pictures. So this one site kept popping up, some site called OtakuBoards or something, I don't know, but whenever I clicked there, there would be no pictures! It got me so frustrated that on about the 5th time, I just decided to investigate the place for any possible pictures. I have no idea how I found the registration, but I did, and I became 'Gohan_Rules#1' (which I later changed to songohan, lol). The first topic I posted in was about why Pan's name was 'Pan', and I said something about 'how my mom sed it was cuz pan meant devil in another language, and the rest of the family's names had connections to devil as well' (Mr. Satan, Videl [devil misspelled]).

Yup, and from then on I let the good times roll. But man, after that, I was on the net 24/7.

[color=red][size=1][font=arial]Cartoon Network tricked me into it!

About the time the Frieza Saga aired, they got me curious as to what a Super Saiya-Jin (which I then referred to as Super Saiyan) was, and I searched relentlessly. After I found out , I stumbled over theOtaku.com, a wealth of anime knowledge and, subsequently, OtakuBoards.

The rest, as they say, is history ^_^

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I was looking for anime pages in general. I found theOtaku.com, and I had visited the main site for several months before ever joining the boards.

Oh, and I still wonder why it says that Ninja Scroll was released in 1986. -.- That's one BIG mistake.[/color][/font]

[color=darkblue]I had been going to these other boards that had absolutely no rules whatsoever. All they did was flame. A typical thread was entitled "Reasons Why Goku Is Gay" & other such intelligent things.

Somebody posted about TheOtaku & vwallah. Compared to that place, it was like a breath of fresh air.

Which is kind of ironic, considering that OB wouldn't let someone post a link like that. So I guess the slack rules of that place came in handy for once.[/color]

[FONT=arial]a friend of mine tried getting me into DBZ a couple of years ago (April 2001), and well, it worked. so I asked him where he got all of his pics from, and he told me to go the theotaku.com, since there were at least 16-17 pages worth of images back then. a month afterwards, the site had temporarily shut down because they were working on version 2.0, I think. they had a link going to the Boards though, so I checked it out and registered, and have been posting here since then.[/FONt]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Well, I never went to theOtaku.com, because I've never had an interest in Anime. Liam introduced the first of us (the long, long list) to Otaku, which would have been Cloricus and Ravenstorture. Raven started an rpg involving a character that was basically me, and I signed up to "defend my honour". And then I end up losing any life I had, and not caring.[/font][/color]

[color=darkred]Heh. Like Harlequin said. However, at that point in time, I only knew The Unholy Newt and Liamc2. Liam told me about it, and looked in and searched around and decided I didn't like the place much, and then Dave prodded me into joining. ^_^ I'm happy he did, too.

For a while, I lurked around and didn't post, but I joined in May/June/July last year [I forget], so my 'birthday' is coming up. [Okay, yes, I [i]was[/i] born on June 20, but I'm positive I didn't join then.]

[i]Edit-[/i] Three days before my birthday. o.O I joined on Dave's birthday.[/color]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I was over at Anna's house one day and she was on the Otaku and I thought it looked fun so I decided to join. This was probably my first message board. It was November 11, 2001. So yeah, I'm going on two years this Fall. ^_^[/color][/size]