OtakuBoards

Whats the scariest Movie around?

Blue Truth

Hey, I'm into scary movies, and would like to know what you guys think is the scariest movie around? I mean, even up to the calssics, Me myself, think that the Exercist is the all time scariest of them all, but there where some other ones out to, I remeber Jaws being scary, like when I was 4 was the last time I saw it. Any way, What do you think is the scariest, please post. (I'm kinca new to the forum thing)

Exorcist isn't really scary at all at this point, although there are some creepy scenes... a lot of it has just been absorbed by so many other movies since then that it's hard to be bothered by it.

I'd have to say that Suspiria is one of the better ones, and excellently directed as well. Definately worth seeing if you are into that sort of stuff.

You can proabally get the Japanese version at any video store they release it after they released the american version on DVD , just look for Ringu. I think both versions are good. My favorite horror movie is the original black and white Night of the Living Dead it still manages to scare the crap out of me eerytime I see it. If you like suspense/horror I would recommend te Sixth Sense,Seven, and Signs they are not really scary but I recommend you check them out they have really great plots.

They should have Ringu , the japanese version of the Ring, at your local blockbuster.. At least they do at mine...

But Juon, another Japanese thriller, dueout for it's American remake soon, is immensly scary, more so, in my opinion, than The Ring/Ringu. Though it's sorta shuffly scenes and a tad confusing, it's truly creepy.. Jst loo kat the poster... BLUE EYED ZOMBIE CHILD!!!

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Arg.. there was this really scary movie in Danish, but I forgot what it's called.

It's about this luxury ship, and it's passing over a part of the ocean where a ship containing some sort of radioactive material had crashed. There are all these mutated kinds of sealife, including a type of leechy, crocus-like type of creatures, that suddenly pop up from beneath the ship, and just suck your blood instantly. And it's really gross, in one scene where this woman runs inside a bathroom, and climbs up on the toilet seat. Then, this huge tentacle pops up, she screams, and it shows blood spurting out on the mirror. I saw that movie when I was seven, and I still have that scene stuck in my head.

It sounds dumb, buut... yeah. xx;

Also, Final Destination scared me so much. But I guess that shows you how terrible I am with scary movies. :bluesweat

I'm too scared to the The Ring or Ringu. Suu... yeah. [/color] [/size]

Even though it isn't really a horror film, I think Signs was one of the creepiest movies recently released. House on Haunted Hill was also pretty scary.

But nothing compares to the horror of watching Freddy Got Fingered.
That movie gave me nightmares. I remember waking up one night screaming "No, no, how did they get funding!" :nervous:

Lol the scariest movie for me is Terminator 2 cuz I watched it as a little kid, got soooo scared from it, and I cannot watch it even at this age -_-. I guess its a child hood thing but no movie is scarier for me than Terminator 2.

[color=green]Am I the ONLY person who WASN'T scared by The Ring?T.T I feel strange...movies never scare me..unless they have clowns in them...>> I would suggest The Ring though, only because it's disturbing.>> Anything with a creepy murderer too, maybe Jeepers Creepers.*hasn't ACTUALLY seen it*Oo I don't find movies very scary though, maybe that's why I love horror movies.>>[/color]

Rose Red.
Usually, movies based off of Stephen King stories turn out to be really campy and corny (Langoliers, anyone?), but Rose Red actually creeped me out. Ok, there was that one flashback scene with the ice created with cheap special effects, but it was still pretty good. Plus I scared easily. You can't force me or my father to watch half of the horror films out there.

[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] [i]Rose Red[/i]? You're kidding, right? That movie's not even scary. Period. Stephen King's books/ movies/ whatever never scare me. *shrug* I guess I'm just not as scared as easily.

I don't know a freakishly, ostentatiously scary movie. There's too many to name, and I really haven't exactly seen too many.[/size][/font][/color]

[size=1]Hmm... I was freaked out by Signs, and I seem to be the only person I know who was. Also Pet Semetary and the Poltergeist trilogy. Although, I did see those movies when I was... 10, so they may actually be less scary than I think they are ^_^[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mei [/i]
[B][color=green]Am I the ONLY person who WASN'T scared by The Ring?T.T I feel strange...movies never scare me..unless they have clowns in them...>> I would suggest The Ring though, only because it's disturbing.>> Anything with a creepy murderer too, maybe Jeepers Creepers.*hasn't ACTUALLY seen it*Oo I don't find movies very scary though, maybe that's why I love horror movies.>>[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I to thought that the ring was not Scary, i mean sure, it had its creepy moments, like when the girl to walks out of the tv, but none the less, the movie it self was not scary, it was a pretty good plot, but they could hace made it better, and the ending to me, was VERY desapointing. None the less, I liked the Ring, just not as a sacry movie.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] [i]Rose Red[/i]? You're kidding, right? That movie's not even scary. Period. Stephen King's books/ movies/ whatever never scare me.[/size][/font][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

The Shining was pretty good and kind of creepy, but I have to agree with you for the most part. Although there is one other exception, the movie Firestarter. I know it wasn't a scary movie but, holy crap Drew Barrymore as a child actress scares me, especially when her hair flies up and she's shooting mind rockets at people.

Anyhoo, back to movies that will scare more people then me. The scariest movie in my oppinion is hands down, The Exorcist.

Damn, I wish I new the title of that movie in English... Oh well, translating it would be "The Calling", but I don't believe it's that title o_x
I think it's The Ring, oh wel, whenever I see it I'll tell you, but everyone told me that this movie I'm after is just one of the best scary movies there is... "O Chamado" is the title here, but since all the titles conversion come bugged, with some very rare exceptions, like Reign Of Fire... But I think that's it... The movie that has a part with something involving a fly... Tell me if it is The Ring, because if so, then I would say that I've heard already too many good coments on it...

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Hmm that's easy "Showgirls terribly frightening!" Just joking, hmm if I can be serious for a moment I think probably the sacriest movies around are the original Halloween and Child's Play movie.

Halloween mainly for the fact the first one at least was realistic, with the premise of a serial killer and a babysitter during halloween. Trust me if you grew up in the Late 70's-80's and were a babysitter or the one being babysitted you were most likely afraid of Halloween.

The second Movie Child's Play was pretty scary not based on the story since the chances of something like that happening are slim to none, however if anyone had a My Buddy then you surely understand what I mean.

I use to have a my buddy and the first Child's Play movie made me horrified of those things and dolls of any nature until I was well up there in age.