OtakuBoards

theOtaku.com on Adult Swim!

Guest XBebop

WOW! This is so great. I wish i could see it...DAMN THE UK RESTRICTIONS OF ANIME!

*ahem*

I could have seen the BBC thing but...i didn't lol. This is great news...GO US! I would really like to see this commercial ^_^.

On a side note, James, this interview thing sounds very appealling and intresting...*ponders*.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations are in order for the founder of theOtaku.com, Adam, and all the admin's, mod's, and other supporting staff that makes this place so great. Keep up the good work and maybe next time someone will actually say "TheOtaku.com roXX0rs" instead of some text.

:p

Huh??

Why am I the absolute last to hear about this! And BBC segment? That's completely new to me as well. Oh dear...can someone please get this video online? I'd love to see it and post it on the site.

-Adam

WAIT A SEC!!!!! Arent ou the one who made this site? Congrats to you ten adam. Ooooooo....... those cupcakes are gettin crispy.

It was all me. I did it. I snuck up to Atlanta where the CN headquarters are, snuck into the AV department while the film was rolling, and switched one segment that was supposed to show some dumb commercial about the possible return of Bebop with a segment mentioning theOtaku.com.

There you have it, people. My confession. Now, the FBI is hunting me down visciously, and they won't stop until they
ve caught me. Since I am a threat to national security with my super hacking powers, I'm always being hunted by government agencies. I'm constantly hiding. It's a difficult life, but when you're a super h4><0|2, what else can you do?

Ah, such fond memories of Gendo...

Haha, anyway...I guess that's cool. Tempts me to begin watch AS, at least until I see it.

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maladjusted [/i]
[B][size=1] What exactly did the commercial say...? Just wondering.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

"Tonight's Trigun summary was provided by theotaku.com

I hope we don't crash their server too"

Yeah...I was kinda weirded out when I saw that, I was doing handstand pushups at the time and I fell over. I ran downstairs to post the news, but my dad was on the computer. Whatever.

I expect our membership to go up ten fold in the next few weeks.

[size=1] Well, the younger blood are the kind that tend to have problems stringing sentences together. I really don't want 1000 people joining and then never post on OB again.

::frowns:: ...I take that back, I'm pretty young myself. Lol. But I do believe that many people will be joining the boards soon.[/size]

awsome! too, bad I was reading and my brother was on the computer when it came on. Now, I don't think I'll be reading when we watch AS anymore. Who sent the Trigun Summary's....oh yeah, okay I got it. finally. lol. and yes, I don't really want Hamtaro fans here either (but if they've already joined, I don't have a problem with that, I like you all.) Anywho, wow, that's awsome, congrats to all the Mods and Admin's!!

Guest yalborap
True. But if they're like me, then no worries, right? Of course you know most members who join from this are going to post only once or twice and never again.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dogfish [/i]
[B]"Tonight's Trigun summary was provided by theotaku.com

I hope we don't crash their server too" [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes finally someone posted what the actual commercial said...and its really funny. Actually i love watching those black and white commercials, sometimes i might just turn on the T.V. just to watch them if theres completely nothing else to do at 1 in the morning. LoL i wonder if they were really trying to sucessfully crash the server hmmmmm... [I]Ponders[/I] .

Im a Hamtaro fan! But seriously this is great! Now I can get more recognition by impressing the newbies with my kno;edge with the real info on FLCL which I acrually know. (iIf you wanna know pm me)

Guest yalborap
What is Naota's weight after eating the jumbo, really bad ramen in the last episode, and having the power of the pirate king?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by yalborap [/i]
[B]What is Naota's weight after eating the jumbo, really bad ramen in the last episode, and having the power of the pirate king? [/B][/QUOTE]
that's one thing that's a mystery to me, did the FLCL creators steal the idea of "The Pirate King" from the anime One Piece?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkness [/i]
[B]Yeah,congrats to the mods and admin, this will bring even more members! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1] May I point out that the viewers are watching the shows well into the early morning? I [b]highly[/b] doubt that the commercial will be the caffiened-up kiddies first priority when they get up the next day.

With that said, congrats to Adam and all mods. *sticks thumb up with cheesy smile*[/color][/size]

[COLOR=indigo]Hate to be the pessimistic doubter but hey I play so well at that role. What Mist says is partially true in my opinion I mean most of the time I see that stuff laugh and then wait for the show, its not like mind controlling me to do what they want....although that'd be sweet.

Hey, watch it. I'm a young heart, 15 years of age, and I still post good quality. So there! Not all of us can't string words into a sentence. (Such a difficult task it is *rolls eyes*)

No but my heartfelt congrats go out to all the staff of theotaku.com you guys have done a great job on this site and you know what your work is paying off! You guys rock!![/COLOR]

-_____- What where they thinking.....Silly AS....=P

Well.....Welcome newbies of Otaku Boards how joined after whatching AS,hopefuly you aren't a bunch of mainstreamers.....o_O;;;; To late U.U We will go down.

o_o I am crazy when sick.....Ok,well I guess welcome....And coolies for Adam,and the mods.....[I]That would make a cool heavy metal rock band name[/I]...o_O;;;;

I really have to bring this down; most of you are giving your congradulations to the staff here on OB, when they belong, rightfully, on tO.com. Someplace like the chat rooms.

Hmm, an IRC channel devoted to the obsession of tO.com and of their plans to take over the fan-site industry. How wonderful. *plots*

Whatever. That's cool and all.

And I can't stand FLCL. It's just a little too out there for me.