OtakuBoards

Your best SSBM fighter!

duelist22

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=navy] [i] My very best character, would most likely be Marth.
He's very fast, quite strong, and has good jumping ability. I find using him I can get many hits on other characters easily, with his good attack range, and still be safe from attack. He can easily juggle opponents with his repeated normal A button attack, and then Counter the enemies retaliation from the annoyance. I use this tactic alot.
Why his Dolphin Slash (Up +B) is not a very strong attack, it blasts your opponets very, very far, when used from the ground. If your enemy is over 100% damage, get then close to an edge, and Dolphin Slash them from point-blank range for an almost guarenteed KO.
His smash attacks have quite good power to them. The tip of his sword does more damage than the blade edge, so always keep some distance. Dragon Killer (his Left/Right Smash attack) is very powerful when used at the right time, and can be executed quickly, giving several strong almost consecutivly.
Marth is by far my favorite character, and my best. He makes up for his lack of projectiles with his power and speed.
~Matto[/color][/i]

Heh, I'm similar to Matto Tradagen on this one.. My best is Roy. Why? He's so darn cool looking plus his attacks deal a decent amount of damage without the character being slow and bulky, like Bowser or DK. I find myself getting the Cheap Shot penalty often because of the Up + B attack though.. -_- That is the most effective one I've seen, or so it seems.. Like the Dolphin Slash, it sends opponents flying.

Coming in close second is Captain Falcon. His speed and attacks work very well for me in many situations. A lot of the time I use Left/right + B then Up + B to send my poor unsuspecting little brother (Bowser) flying. You'd think he'd have caught on by now..

My friend and I often go hours on end fighting each other, Roy vs. Link.. It's strange how it always altrenates on who wins.. No matter what it's me then him, me then him...

[color=royalblue]my best is fox. how he's really fast, and his smash attacks are really good and i LOVE his really cheep up smash.:D yes i hate marth and roy and my older brother and my friend are always being them. im also really good with young link. when he's in the air and he does his down attack with his sword, that attack owns.[/color]

[color=darkblue][size=1][i]My best character is either Mewtwo or Link both of them. I can pull off anything with them. Oh wait Im also really good with I think its Zelda. Because she can turn into Shiek. Thats awsome.[/color][/size][/i]

Roy, most of the time. I'm untouchable when I use him. Air dodges, rolling dodges and sidesteps galore! ^.^ His Smash Attack has a great reach, and deals out some good damage. Even though Marth is faster, I prefer to be able to run into the battle and knock everyone flying. It even says on his trophy that it's best to just run into the fray with Roy. XD

It's funny when people accuse me of being Roy because he's a godmodder and I have no skill...Especially when I kick their asses with Pichu in the next fight. XD

If I'm not Roy, I'll be Young Link instead. YL's a good all rounder, and even though he's weaker than AL (Adult Link), his down+A attack in the air still works well for clearing out an area with 3 other people fighting in close combat.

I don't like using Fox or Falco though. Their attacks are too risky to use on small stages, their speed and how fast they fall adds a great risk of comitting suicide.

I usually choose Roy just because I like him so much. He has very strong attacks and his lack of speed isn't a big deal if you're good at dodging attacks.

I also use Captain Falcon a lot, but not as often as I used to because his speed can be hard to control on occasion. But his attacks are strong and if you can manage his speed correctly, he can be a very dangerous character.

I also like using Fox because even though he is weak, he can deal a fair amount of damage very quickly with both his laser and his punches and kicks. If I time it right, I can deal about 40-50% damage to an opponent in about a couple seconds.

I also like using Link, but that's just because I think he looks really cool. He looks damn awesome with his Goron Tunic; the Tunic of the *** kicking champion.

[size=1]I played as Roy for a long time, but got almost bored with him. Everyone plays as him, and my friends got annoyed when I always played as him.

I now have three special characters play as:
Zelda (Sheik); Her break dancing move rocks
Kirby; Weaker than he was before, but still awesome
Falco; Quick at attacking and escaping.[/size]

Guest Crimson Spider
My best character has, and always will be Falco Lambardi. I can combo with him very well.

He's got good reach, decent damage, nice set of moves that are user-friendly and aren't to slow to execute or recover from. His throws can easily be combo-ed with many of his other moves.

But his main strenght is in the air. Sure, he has a fast fall. But is that really a bad thing? His fast fall and jump mean that he can intercept someone on a different altitude very quickly. His fast falling speed helps against aerial combos. When he fights somone in the air, he falls first, and I can usually recover from the impact with him and jump back up to the volnerable opponent. All his special moves except for standing B are best used in air. Forward B spikes the opponent straight down. B-up is his aimable recovery move. And down B reflects uncatchable projectiles, and slows his decent to a crawl. Not to mention that he has the fastest spike in the game!

Fox is a great substitue for him. But I also use Mewtwo, Mario, Link, and Yoshi.

[color=darkred][size=1]Haha Prozen, its ok buddie your the.. umm what do we call you. "The interfernce" lol well I used to be best with Roy and own my friends but then he got old now my best are Ganondorf and Dr. Mario

ROYS OUR BOY ROYS OUR BOY![/color][/size]

Wow, I'm probably the only person who's best character is Samus. My friend's always underestimate me when I use her but then they always get frustrated when I juggle them with at least 5 super missiles. Then get scared whenever I unleash the dreaded "triple" length grapple beam.

I'm okay with Mewtwo and Kirby but that's about it.

I'm best with Sheik (not Zelda). As soon as the match starts, I switch to Sheik and don't ever revert back. The reason I like him (yes I do refer to Sheik as a male) is because he is so fast and has amazing aerial capabilities. His smash moves, especially the right/left one, are very effective too.

Other than Sheik, I use Falco and Marth.

[size=1] I used to be a huge sucker for Link, but I'm the best with Roy.

:P At first, I would play with no one but Link, but I started playing with other characters. Zelda, Kirby, Mario, Young Link [bleh], Mr. Game and Watch, and Marth. None of them were to my liking, [especially Young Link...], but as soon as I started to play with Roy, I was actually winning. :3 [/size]

When I first got melee I too went strait to Link. Back when I played ssb for N64 my bro was always Link and when I tried to be him, lets just say he wouldn't let me. So I wanted to use Link in the new ssb, and I did. A lot, he was the only charcter that I would use to until I got to the point where lvl 9 comps aren't fun. They were just too easy. So I started useing the random character. I was familar with all the character, but I really had to improve since I was doing lvl 9's with out knowing who I was going to use. But after a while of using the random character I had taken a shine to mario, well dr mario that is (shine mario, hehe). When I fight someone with a projectile I just cape it right back at them. But the most appealing move with doc is his slide. Just run at them and tap A and they are almost surely going to be sent into the air. That is a great way to get combos. Well, I gotta end it there, time for school.

I'm not exceptional with anyone. I'm more of an all-around kinda guy. I HATE that. My brother and a couple of his friends are really good, and I can compete with anyone, but I'm not as good with my character as they are. I guess it's a good thing inasmuch as I'm not bad with anyone. Oh well.

Now, don't think that this is silly, but for a while, I was really good with Jigglypuff. One of the best things about her is that your opponent totally unexpects a challenge. I beat my brother once with her, but he claims that he was "caught off guard". Psh. He seems to think I'm really good with Dr. Mario, but I don't like playing as him. So, I guess my answer would be anyone.

I like using everybody. It's quite satisfying to see my friends' faces when they're sent flying by Peach or Jigglypuff. :D

If I'm playing against someone seriously, I use either Link, Samus, or DK.

I'm a sucker for projectile and charge up attacks. With Samus I just runa round charging up my gun whilst shooting missiles at the other person. If they get in close I give them a point blank Smash Missile or Charge Beam. If the situation calls for something else, I just smash them.

Link is much the same, only there's more hand-to-hand going on with him than with Samus. I'm a big fan of the boomerang, although it really stinks when you go to throw it and it's already gone somewhere.

DK is a lot like Samus in the way that I play him. I run around charging up the Giant Punch, then send anyone near me packing. His down and A smash helps a great deal in clearing people away.