Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hello!
I was just wondering...Where's everybody from?

Personally, I was born in Finland but i live in the U.S. (Wisconsin to be exact) What about you?

I hope lots of people respond! Thank-you!

~Inuyashafan418 :whoops:
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Wow, we get wuite a lot of these topics, don't we? Well, I haven't replied to one for quite a while, so, yeah.

I live it Swarthmore Pennsylvania, though I spend plenty of time in Philadelphia. I lived in London for the past summer, and I like to think I had a home there.. Yeah...
Posted
[color=royal blue]I'm from a small town in Massachusetts. I really don't like it here at all, it's too small for my tastes. I've always lived here, but after going to the cities around me, it makes me want to live there more. I'm hoping to move away from this area when I get older, into a city that's not too big, but not too small either.[/color]
Posted
[color=teal]I was born in America but raised in Britain, which accounts for my accent. Currently, however, I live in America after my [i]tragic[/i] move from London.

I am part Japanese from my mother's side, and part Spanish from my father's side.[/color]
Posted
I have lived in the same stupid little town my whole life. I live in a small town, or hole I sould say in Ohio called Lowellville, where everyone is related to everyone else and everyone knows you bussiness, oh yeah and there is never anything to do.
Guest The Bouncer
Posted
Ive lived in Richmond VA all my life. its col around here most of hte time.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Genkai [/i]
[B]Well, I haven't replied to one for quite a while, so, yeah.[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=green]That's probably because there haven't been any in quite a while. ;)

I was born in a quiet, small town called Peterburough for about 1 month then my family and I moved to another small town named "Bobcagin" (I don't know how to spell it!). I lived there for [u]about[/u] 1 year.

THAN I moved to yet [i]another[/i] small town called Frankford. No, not Frankford, Germany or Frankford, USA. Frankford, Canada. Anyways, I lived there for about 7 years. I moved to a nice town called Aurora and I've lived here for about 5 years now! :D

Oh by the way, all this took place in Ontario, Canada. That's my story. Hope you enjoyed it! Have a nice... night.

-Lrb[/color]
Posted
I'm born and have remained in one of the dullest places in America: Des Moines, Iowa. The only good thing I can think about this place is that it is the birthplace of one of my most favorite bands and most of their members: SlipKnot. I used to go to Mick Thomson's (A slipknot member) guitar school. That was pretty great. But still, It's pretty much one the most boring places in America.
Posted
I was born in Montclair, New Jersey--a cute little town, but I don't remember it very clearly, because my family moved to Maryland when I was five. I've been living on the outskirts of D.C. ever since, and I absolutely love it.

On the one hand, there are plenty of parks and an abundance of beautiful scenery. On the other hand, I go to school in the city, which means that I can just walk to a restaurant instead of staying in the cafeteria for lunch--or even go see a move (if I have several free periods in a row). So I guess that I get the best of both urban and suburban life. ^__^

~Dagger~
Posted
I live in a small borough called Yeadon (Suburbia), Pennsylvania. It's really close to Philly, but I spend more time in Springfield, Drexel Hill, Darby, Upper Darby, and Lansdowne than anywhere else.
Posted
Well I was born in Dallas, Texas. I , then, moved to Startville, Mississippi. Then I ,moved to Tupelo, Mississippi, where I lived most of my life, and then I moved back to Texas((Garland)), but I spend most of my summers in Mississippi, with all my friends...

Basically just a southern girl...
Posted
:D I'm gonna have a hard time topping some of yours...

I'm English, I live in a suburb of a suburb called Newton, which is part of Hyde, which is part of Manchester. Kinda. Newton is about one square mile, and full of scalies and idiots and snobs. need I say more..?

I was born in Didsbury, Manchester, where my mum grew up. My family are from all over the plaec Dundee (Scotland) Kent (near London) Uppermill - Saddlewrth (part of Oldham) and someone somewhere is Irish, someone else moved to america a looooong time ago. and my surname supposedly originates in Norway.

O_o I actually made myself sound interesting. :D
Posted
It's been a whole month or less since a Location thread LRB.

Ahem, anyways... I am from Australia, was born in Australia, and still live in Australia.

Western australia.

And yes, we have kangaroos and koalas hopping all over the place, particularly in the street. We have road crossings for animals. And we all speak like Steve Irwin.

"G'Day mate"

Heh.
Guest Magical Girl
Posted
[font=comic sans ms][color=blue]born in Ohio, USA, still here.. x.x most boring place in the US, i swear..[/font][/color]
Posted
Born and bred in Iraq, been living in the UK since 1990

Lived in London for 3 years then moved to Birmingham for 10 years.

Now I'm going to move back to London next year O_O?!
Posted
I lived in many places. I was born in Florida. Then I moved to Illinois and lived there for 9 years. I moved to England for 3 years after that. Now I am in Washington State.
Posted
I'm kinda boring: born and raised in Wichita, Kansas.
I've moved twice in my life: first, across town (I was less than a year old) second, about three or four blocks (I was about to turn 8.) I live in a boring old neighborhood. Mostly retired people, not many kids. However, they're beginning to die off... we're slowly getting younger families here... :D
(I'm not really this crass. I love old people! They rock!) :laugh:
~art~
Posted
[color=deeppink]
I was born and raised in Stony Brook, New Jersey. (About 40 minutes away from Trenton, and an hour from Princeton, depending on which way you go. I've taken some pretty wild shortcuts.) At the tender age of six, I was torn away from beautiful, snowy, northern home where I had grown up speaking the New Jersey accent(yes dahling, we spaek like tis), and the fast paced walk of the New Jerseian, and set upon such a hellfire as my small mind could not have comprehended:

South Carolina.

Here, it is not hot until you've past 98 F. A hoodie is perfectly acceptable all the way into the high eighties, and 70 F is considered chilly. And in the summer, the air is so damp and humind, you have to focus on breathing 24/7.

Not to mention...the nearest thing I've seen to snow was this little white fluff that barely showed up against the grass. It was so tragic, seeing all the southern-born children play about in it like it was something amazing. I've seen more frost in my freezer. However, they seemed to think it significant enough to cancel school.

I later found out that it had snowed exactly 1/8 of an inch.

My summers however, are spent in beautiful San Francisco, Burlingame, and Hillsbourough. How I adore California. Even if they do go into hysterics everytime it goes over 5 degrees below or higher than 70 F. And there are so many hills it's enough to drive me into a neurotic mess. (long story.)

And that concludes my epic tale. Fin.

-Karma
[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...