Official myOtaku Problems Thread

Charles

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay here's my problem : I tryed to submit drawings of mine . Yes I did adjust the KB's , pixels and it was an JPG file . Every time I tried it , (I tried it 5 times) The stupid computer says , error your picture must be smaller than 750 X 1000 pixels . Ahhhhrrrrrrr !!!!! I already did that ! I don't know what I'm doing wrong ...... Sending drawings of mine in was the main reson te be a member of Otaku.com . So if sumitting drawings of mine doesnt work , yeah it get's to me :shifty: stupid computer , :bash: . Okay please help me out here , thanks

P.S can you download the Otaky smilies , there so funny .

Yep my problem is solved , thanks ^_^

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]I have trouble submitting my art every once in awhile, too. Just keep making the pixel size smaller, until it stops giving you the error message. That's what I do.[/color][/size][/font]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
The 750 x 1000 might be a mismatch. In other words, it might be 1000 x 750. So far the only pics that I have successfully submitted were under 750 x 750. Try that.

What kind of error did it have?

I tried it out at the library today and it worked fine. Also, is your cookie on? Because it might be that screwin up. Next time, don't log of when you get off the internet unless that comp isn't yours. Becuase if your cookies are doing fine, your computer wil log in for you.

PS: This topic is supposed to be up at the official mO problems. *points to sticky at the top*

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=black bird]
P.S can you download the Otaky smilies , there so funny .

[/QUOTE]
[color=#707875]Yep, you can. All of our smilies are either freeware, or they were edited by me (based on vB defaults).

The only smiley that is excluded is the Mod Rod smiley, which was made by Sara. If you want to download that for private use, I recommend asking her for permission first. But the rest are open to download as you wish.[/color]

[quote name='Mimmi']I can't seem to modify posts today. It takes me to the actual modify page, but there is no button to submit the modified post.[/quote]
[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Narrow]Modify Posts is right down the bottom now, so one can modify multiple posts at once.

~CrH~[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=deeppink][size=1]I've used the 'Modify Posts' button on the bottom, but it still won't let me modify my posts. I just get an error message that says 'There has been an error. Contact the administrator.' o.o;[/color][/size]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Modify posts works just fine for me.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]I'm having trouble editing my site colors, though. Whenever I click the 'color' button to bring up the hexidecimal color window, it gives me the backroom window instead. What's with that?[/color][/size][/font]

When I try to put an image in my intro it won't work. I can use the exact same html in the Otaku Life part of my site and the image will come up, but won't in the intro. It also looks like anything I type will be posted in a long column instead of going all the way across the space available.

Baron Samedi (my hero!) has been trying to help me figure out what to fix but even with copy/paste, I end up with the same result. Please feel free to check out my site and see what I mean. I wish I could explain it better than this, but alas, I am not a web savy gal.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1]I think it may be a problem introduced with the new improvements. Basically, its putting a a linebreak (br tag) wherever you have a space. If you modify the the code so there is no spaces in your html and only an enter where you would put one in a normal paragraph it should be fine.

If that doesn't work I have no idea.

~CrH~[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Unfortunately when I tried to type in the html in one giant run-on sentence with no spaces it didn't even show the "no image" box. Baron suggested I try another host and I am going to do that tonight. I really think it may be a problem with the Intro program itself. If the image is showing up in the Otaku Life part but not the intro, it seems kind of weird.

It is just strange the way all the text is in one long column. Even if you were to copy/paste it would do the same thing. It would have taken this exact sentence and written it like this:

It would have taken
this exact sentence
and written it like
this:

I do agree that it is seeing spaces as breaks even when there isn't one. The breaks that are suppose to be in there for my paragraphs worked fine. Thanks for taking the time to help me CrH, I appreciate it! :)

EDIT: My problem with my intro is fixed, thanks! :D

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="#004a6f"]I use a style sheet on my page to change text-area color and the scrollbar color. However, ever since myOtaku was upgraded to v2, the scrollbar colors don't show up, but the text area color still does. So that shows my style sheet is working to a certain extent, but not completely. What's going on? Is the scrollbar code disabled or something?[/COLOR]

Mimmi,

Problem fixed, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Chabichou,

myO v2 relies heavily on CSS...We didn't disable anything but the fact that we use it so much more than before might cause strange effects like the one you mentioned. I'd recommend viewing your site's source and playing with that. I'm not exactly an expert when it comes to CSS so I can't comment beyond that.

Thanks,

-Adam

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, it's not even much of a problem, but I'll post about it, anyway.

My visit count has been stuck on the same number (2,117) for the past two or three days now. I know it's not for lack of visits, because I'm still getting comments on my site lol. Just something I've been noticing lately, heh.

[font=Georgia][color=blue]Yes, yes, I've been having the exact same problem! My IP changes everyday, so if other people's hasn't been changing, mine has. However, I haven't gotten my daily free hit for a few days now. Do I have to be not logged in for the hit to count or something? ;)[/color][/font]

I too have noticed that the counters have stopped working. I posted in myO about it and had several other members mention that their counters aren't working either. Many of us use it as a way to know if we need to check out site for comments. Because it isnt' working you have to go into your site several times to check throughout the day for new comments.

Hopefully this little bug will be fixed soon. ^_^

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Oh thank you! I've been having the same problem. My number of visits has been at 529 for the past few days now and I know that I've had hits since then. I was thinking that I was alone with the counter not working, but I'm not.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]What's going on, Adam?[/color][/size][/font]