OtakuBoards

Back to school

Ninjaman

Kind of a repeated question, but when does everyone return to school this fall, or have you already started?

School starts for me tomorrow, well kind of. Tomorrow's orientation. This year's my final year at high school. I'm excited about this year. Not only is it my final year, but I don't have a lot of classes since I took the ones I wanted to take years prior so I get to sleep in late, I'm going to audition for the school's play, hopefully my book will be published by the end of the year, and I have a movie project I'm thinking of doing with my friends. And there will probably be a lot of other events that I don't know about that might happen. I can't wait to meet up with my friends again, I've only kept in touch with a few this summer. Let's just hope there won't be a lot of drama going around this year.

As much as I am excited, I also don't want to go back(how's that for hypocrisy?). June went by so slow for me but then July went really fast, and I'm not ready to leave summer vacation yet, lol. But hey, at least I get to sleep in late everyday and only come to school for about 2-3 classes.

I doubt there will be anything I will absolutely hate about my classes. The only thing that I don't like is that I didn't get an English teacher that I wanted. The one I got is kind of boring I heard. Anyway, one class I'm looking forward to is Psychology. That might be fun.

So, when does everyone go back to school, or have you already started? Are you excited or do you dread the thought of returning back? Anything to look forward to? Or is there something bad waiting for you there?

[COLOR=Navy]To tell you the truth, I don't know when school starts up for me again. It starts when it starts.

I will be a senior in high school as well. I am looking forward to all of my classes really...except economics. >_< I hope that second year Japanese is not too hard. It'll be great to be in my advanced woods class again though.

I look forward to a week long trip to Japan during spring break. I am going to go with other kids taking the Japanese class, as well with my sensei. ^_^

What I am dreading about going back to school is that my favorite teacher retired at the end of last year. He was my teacher for a least something ever since my Freshman year. He taught art. Mainly, Senior studio, Jewelry, and Pottery. I took all the pottery classes offered by my school from him. I felt like I could talk to him about anything. Sadly though, he won't be here this year. T_T

Now there are two abnoxious, stubborn, mean art teachers replacing him. Plus, what is also kind of upsetting, the advanced pottery and jewelry classes won't be offered anymore. That also means, I know more about pottery than they do. :eek: :drunk:

Othere than that, I am really looking forward to school. I miss all of my friends. I only got the chance to hang out with a few of them this summer. [/COLOR]

Psychology blows unless you plan on majoring in it or something. In high school though, it's just a bunch of note taking. You don't learn anything particularly mind-blowing either, it's just all Pavlov's dogs, Freud, Albert Bandura... yadda yadda yadda.

Yeah, I thought it would be cool too, but it was my least favorite class that year.

I don't mind school. All the teachers rock, and they mainly do whatever we want to do. Well I mean we do work but we can atleast do it in partners so it goes by faster then we basically party. The teachers don't even care if you sleep in their class as long as you get it done and don't fail the class.

One thing I am not looking forward to is going back because their is some gang of kids who want to kick the crap out of me for who knows what, but o well if they beat me up my crew will just go mess them up.

So anyway ya school is gonna rock and I'm really looking forward to it.

You have orientation tomorrow? wow, that's early, its only August. Anyway, I'm going to university this year, 13th of September to be exact, or at least thats when I think it is. I'm kinda looking forward to it, though its gonna be a big step, out into the world and so on. Though I'm actually going to the uni in the city where I live so its not gonna be that much of a step, since I'll be living at home still ^_^.

[color=green]I'm going to be a junior in high school this coming fall, and this is the first summer I've actually looked forward to returning to school from summer vacation. There's a whole lot going on right now at home, and I'd just rather be out of the house.

It's also a hell of a lot easier for me to get out and see my friends during the school year, especially since I'm apt to hide in the basement and sit on the computer all day unless I [i]have[/i] to do something.

So yeah, I'll be happy to go back to school right before labor day.[/color]

First of all:HOLY CRAP your starting school in augest?? I still have my summer vaction....and second: I'm going into my first year in highschool...i'm looking forward to my first year there, it'll be better than my crap *** school in jounier high. What i'm not looking forward to, however, is that there are going to be so many new people there and its worrying me that me and my group of friends my spread out and stop hanging out....we've hung out all the time this summer and I'm having alot of fun. I just don't want it to disappear.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Lets see...I'll be a Junior this year, which is pretty cool. Upper classmen oh yea!

Anyways we start tommorrow, yup our first day is tommorrow. Blech, looks like I start earlier than anyone else. Oh well.

Yeah my story is pretty much the exact same as Boba Fett's so rock on. Can't wait to start, but oh well.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I have the "[I]distinct[/I]" pleasure of starting in a new school in a fortnight, I know absolutely nobody so I'll be starting afresh again, though there are several advantages to this I'm still pretty nervous. Interestingly enough I actually started out in the Primary School next to the High School I'm heading into but that was just over 10 years ago and I'm sure things have changed.

After the injury to my neck forced me to leave my previous school I decided it would be a little too awkward to go back and have to see everyone I know a year ahead of me. I've had to change schools and leave my friends behind twice before but this time seems different because I was actually enjoying school and now I have to start from scratch again.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Lalaith Ril][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Lets see...I'll be a Junior this year, which is pretty cool. Upper classmen oh yea!

Anyways we start tommorrow, yup our first day is tommorrow. Blech, looks like I start earlier than anyone else. Oh well.

Yeah my story is pretty much the exact same as Boba Fett's so rock on. Can't wait to start, but oh well.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

My school coniders Juniors underlcassmen. Only seniors are upperclassmen, and that didn't start untli I was a junior last year.... I can hate it there at STBs, we had a different priniciple every year I was there. I'm entering my senior year and I don't even know my classes, unlike most schools I get mine the first day not in the mail like the public and other private schools do.

I don't know if I'm creative writing or geography or what until Sept. 2 when I go back. And I get out June 3 after graduation.

But to add to how bad my school can get, we have to have no more than four at a table at lunch and no less than two. Breaking that rule can result in detention. And sometimes we run out of tables so we have to use the stairs in the caf, and the girls' parents dont like them doing that becuase they wear skirts as thier uniform. But they can't sit at a table that has four at it or they get detention.

[size=1]We were never allowed to leave during lunch. Then again, our lunch period was 25 minutes long.

I'll be a freshman at UMN (Twin Cities) this fall. School doesn't start until just after Labor Day, which [i]would[/i] be nice...if I didn't have to move in that Friday. So I'll be away (pointlessly) that whole weekend...not to mention the months afterward, heh, but that's not my point.

Unlike Japan and Boba, heading off to school means I'll being seeing all my friends a great deal less. We hang out all the time during the summer, but being in different states rather hinders the "seeing each other" during the school year. Oh, well. [/size]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][B]Hopefully, I'm on my last term in college so some time next year it's bye bye to school and hello to freedom. That is until I get a job or take some masteral studies.

But you know what they say, school is better than a regular adult job. That is why I am to cherish and enjoy my remaining formal school days. ^_^

And, psychology blows.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='wrist cutter']Why are you staying inside the school in the first place? I always left at lunchtime.[/quote]

We're not allowed to leave the building at any time. We dont have a courtyard either, according to the rules in the agenda, all food must be eaten within the cafetria, failing to do so shall result in detention from either the teacher or principle. That's word for word out of my agenda.

I'm going to be shipping myself off to college this friday, then my classes start the monday after...

Yep, just a freshman at Mohawk Valley Community College.

The thing that sucks about it though is just all the preperation, I see that many of you are now seniors and are going to be getting ready for college and everything. My advice, either get everything done early or don't go at all. Seriously, I think I'm going to die before I even get there.

But I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end, My major is Illustration, so I get to draw all day (hurrah!) and I have no classes on fridays either (hurrah again!).

But I hope everyone has a great school year nonetheless.

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]One phrase sums it up nicely, methinks: Ahh, crap.

As of next... *thinks* All right, I will admit it openly: I have no idea as to when school starts; all I know is that it is going to suck. And suck. And suck some more. I've been through nine years of school already, and have only found four of them to be enjoyable (ahh, to be in kindergarten again...), so I have no hopes for the upcoming year.
Starting highschool means that I'll have to start working, which I've never been particularly good at, though that's entirely my fault. It also means that I have to sit through exams, not to mention the EQAO, which is about as exciting as watching a washing machine that's neither turned on, or in the act of having a window to view potential laundry through.
Poo.

Summer has been unbelievably dull as well, however (I haven't even gotten more than a handful of chances to sleep in, which sucks infinately.), so it wont be much of a shift.

*sigh*[/FONT][/COLOR]

Personally, I don't have much of a problem with school. That's where I am right now, as a matter of fact. I'm a senior in high school this year, and I started back on August the fourth--don't pity me, it means I'll graduate near the beginning of May. I hated most of school, but all of a sudden last year it turned good again, and now I'm a senior...so what do I have to hate about it? Nobody is better than me this year! *joy* And hey, I get the guilty pleasure of talking about freshman if I want to. Not that many of them have given me reason to, but.

I wish I was in college this year. I feel too limited by high school; my school is really small and offers very little of anything interesting. We don't have Japanese, and we barely have French and Spanish. Not good for me, as I want to major in teaching English as a second language.

This semester I'm taking college English 101 (an online class, very cool, and transfers to college next year), child development, accounting, and art III. Accounting is crap. And next semester I'll have U.S. History, adult living, speech, and either another college class if I can afford it, or some computer class thing. I dunno.

Well, the bell's about to ring and I have a test to take, so that's all for now. See y'all later! ^-^

[quote name='DetectiveMikeRS']We're not allowed to leave the building at any time. We dont have a courtyard either, according to the rules in the agenda, all food must be eaten within the cafetria, failing to do so shall result in detention from either the teacher or principle. That's word for word out of my agenda.[/quote]
Try faking a seizure, then. It'd be even better if you blamed it on the school food. As I recall, school cafeteria food was never the most healthy, anyway. I think it'd make perfect sense for a student to have a violent physical reaction after ingesting a cheeseburger, tater-rock, or lukewarm/cold french fries. I'm telling you, man, fake a seizure. It worked for me.

[quote name='Siren']Try faking a seizure, then. It'd be even better if you blamed it on the school food. As I recall, school cafeteria food was never the most healthy, anyway. I think it'd make perfect sense for a student to have a violent physical reaction after ingesting a cheeseburger, tater-rock, or lukewarm/cold french fries. I'm telling you, man, fake a seizure. It worked for me.[/quote]

We have to bring our own lunches. The school only serves lunch on Fridays (pizza day) and it's delivered from Dominos. You either bring lunch or get candy bars and soda out of the vending machines that's all we have.... I realized I hate it there... but that is a great idea, especially since it works.

Heh, back when I was in middle school, maybe 7th grade, we had an awful lunch on our Wednsday "Pasta Day". It looked like lasanga, but it was watery, and called Dino Pasta (probably because it came from a dinosaurs digestive track :)

Well anyways, one kid at my table, took a spoonful (not a forkful it was that moist) and smelled, and pulled his head back in a comical way, he tasted a tiny bit and did the same thing only harder! Another kid, actually drank some of it with a straw (much like Ed from Ed, Edd n Eddy does occasionally) It was the worst thing I've ever seen and it was never served again after that. Someday I'll have to explain the pink (on the inside) chicken nuggets shaped like Rugrats characters...

[quote name='Siren']Try faking a seizure, then. It'd be even better if you blamed it on the school food. As I recall, school cafeteria food was never the most healthy, anyway. I think it'd make perfect sense for a student to have a violent physical reaction after ingesting a cheeseburger, tater-rock, or lukewarm/cold french fries. I'm telling you, man, fake a seizure. It worked for me.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]I can remember at least one person from every grade every quarter barfing in the cafeteria from Kindergarten up to my senior year of High School they never changed their food. Dammit.

When I was in elementary school we never brought lunchm since it was included in the tuition, but for some off the wall reason that stopped in Middle School. You either bought lunch or brought it. And by then it wasn't too bad...probably because we had to buy it. The Academy had some good Pizza logs they were actually hot too.

I don't go to school right now, but most of the colleges around here are starting next week. The school I went to starts the beginning of September (we got out the middle of the second week in June) and my cousin's school starts up on September 9th. I think he's going back to 7th grade because he failed a class in Summer school (he failed all his subjects in the school year)

My friend's daughter started 1st grade this week. I don't know why, but the southern schools have a different school year than the northern ones. Go figure.[/color]

I'll be attending college this year. My school starts pretty late compared to the dates the rest of you seem to be starting at - I start class September 20th, I believe. That, however, is offset by my release, which happens around the end of June. So, yeah, the rest of you can be complacent in the fact that you'll be getting out earlier than I will be :p

And I'm sort of excited about it and sort of dreading it, mostly because of how everyone scares you into thinking college is the hardest thing in the world. I don't think I'll have [i]that[/i] tough a time with it, but I'll definitely be working harder than I did in high school, which is pretty much a given since I never really worked that hard in high school in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...
My school started on 8/26/04. I just started my first year of high school. My first day of school was alright until my older brother started annoying me. :twitch:

I made lots of new friends and I have great teachers. In October we are having Homecoming. It's going to be amazing. :)