OtakuBoards

What box sets of TV shows do you have, and why did you buy them?

Morpheus

I have South Park seasons 2 and 3 because I found them for $18 apiece and was giddy for the rest of the day. Punk'd S2 was also cheap($23), but it only has 8 episodes. kind of a bummer. Chappelles show is too hilarious not to buy, especially for the Great NY Boobs segment. I found family Guy volume one in Florida for $20 and had to have it. 28 episodes including my favorite of all, E. Peterbus Unum. Can't touch me! Na, na na na...

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I have a lot....

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys seasons 1, 2, 3, 4
Family Guy volumes 1, 2
Seinfeld (that big gift one that has the ketchup/mustard bottles and other junk)
Batman: TAS volume 1 (can't wait for vol 2 and Superman vol 1)
24 season 1 (2 and 3 sucked)
South Park season 1
Curb Your Enthusiasm seasons 1, 2
Coupling seasons 1, 2

I have these because I like the shows and I want to watch them when I go on trips or just when TV sucks a lot. Also later on, when the only shows on TV will be "Who wants to marry my two gay dads?" I'll have Hercules and Batman to keep me company.

I also have a couple of anime series on DVD--Noir, Eva, Full Metal Panic!
Same reason as above.

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=Teal]I only have one, I'm usually not into TV shows enough to buy them, but Family Guy Season One is just too much of a classic to pass up. One of the most classic moments I belive in Family Guy is:

Quiagmire: The Griffons! They're evil Satan worshipers and eat babies... Hu hu Alright... WAIT wait no! Its not alright!

Man, its the one TV show I will collect. I probably won't really buy any others because to me they're not worth it (May be because I have a very good memory).[/COLOR][/FONT]

I wish I had a box set. Mainly the Gundam Zeta one. I heard it was really awesome, but I looked at it in the store. $104.99. At that point, I laughed to keep from crying. My boxset was far, far out of my reach. I have that kind of money, but my parents don't like me spending it on manga, let alone on a boxset.

*sigh*

Another day.... another day...

I've got Futurama Season One, and I'm planning on buying the other seasons eventually, as well. I really, really like the series a lot, and the excellent commentary available on the Season One boxset has encouraged me even more to go hunt down the other boxsets.

My dad has the Season 1-3 boxsets of Seinfeld. I never really watched the show much during its initial run, but my dad loves the show, so it's as good a time as any to start watching the show.

I skipped over the Batman: TAS Vol. 1 boxset for some inexplicable reason...I feel stupid for having done that now. Should've bought it.

I'd also like to be able to buy the Twilight Zone boxsets that are coming out soon. That would be a great buy for me.

I just ordered futurama vol. 1 about and hour and a half ago. I would like to get vol. 4, which has some episodes I haven't seen. I've got the money, but not a car. and my parents hate going anywhere. For now, though, I'll watch chinpoko mon on southpark season 3. "We are very simple people, with very small p****."

Clerks: Uncensored
What can I say? It was only $9.99. It's really a shame ABC cancelled this show after 2 episodes. But then again, it was ABC.

The Critic
I loved this show when it was on the air, and I was upset that FOX cancelled it for being less like The Simpsons. I saw this 2-season (complete series) box set, and just had to get it... you know, after it dropped in price by about $5.

Chappelle's Show
I was watching the second season's first run on Comedy Central, and I had no idea they were going to eventually air reruns of the first season. Regardless, I'm glad I got it. It's one of the funniest shows I watched in 2004.

One thing I've noticed about FOX, despite their habit of cancelling good TV shows, is that they put shows on DVD faster than anyone else. They've put so much stuff on DVD over the past couple of years, I can't keep track. I'm waiting for Jay Mohr's show, Action!, to come out.

Some of my boxsets are:

South Park, seasons 1-4
-Do I really need to explain the greatness of South Park?

Aqua Teen Hunger Force, seasons 1-3
-Just some of the funniest, most unexplainable crap ever.

Sealab, season 1
-I watch this show for one person, Murphy. If the show starred only Murphy, I'd probably still watch it. If it was Murphy and a donkey, well now I'd channel check there.

Chappelle's Show, season 1
-Dave C. is just pure comedic genius, I swear all of his skits really take the parodies and rip-off's to the extreme.

Reno 911, season 1
-Surprisingly funny show, watching the scavenger hunt was too much. I loved it when Jones and Garcia called that Pizza Delivery guy, told him to get to a house in twenty minutes for an extra $40 bucks...just to bust the guy for speeding. Ah man, can't wait for season 2 to come out.

Strangers With Candy, season 1
-Great sitcom, a bit weird sometimes. But bear with it for a few episodes and the jokes will eventually hit you.

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][color=DarkSlateGray]I've got:

[/color][/font]

[list]
[*][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][color=DarkSlateGray]Familly Guy Seasons One and Two because it's one of my favorite shows of all time.[/color][/font]
[*][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][color=DarkSlateGray]Aqua Teen Hunger Force because it has some of the most random humor of any television show ever.[/color][/font]
[*][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][color=DarkSlateGray]Viva La Bam season 1 because it's my favorite show and it was cheap ($20)[/color][/font]
[*][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][color=DarkSlateGray]Garfield and Friends Volume One because c'mon...it's Garfield...you can't go wrong with Garfield[/color][/font]
[*][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][color=DarkSlateGray]Oops, forgot to mention Invader Zim Vol. 1 - DOOM DOOM DOOM!

[/color][/font]
[/list]

[color=green][font=trebuchet ms]The only set of T.V. shows I own are:
[b]*Reno 911 Season 1*[/b]--It's hillarious!
[b]*Chappelle's Show Season 1*[/b]-- Very funny!

Everything else, I can just rent from netflix.com. :) [/font][/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Ahhh. . television series. .Being able to watch your favorite shows, commercial free, with the ability to pause anytime you want! I love these, but sadly, since they run about $30 at the cheap end, it makes it a little more difficult for me to purchase one on my limited budget. .

Well. . the only season or anything that I have:

[b]Invader Zim - Volume 1: DOOM DOOM DOOM![/b]

I need to get the next two volumes (which I found easily at Best Buy, but was busy buying OTHER people their presents instead of looking for some of my own). I will get those soon enough, since they were only like $20 or $15 a piece. Not too terrible considering it is VERY funny. I'm sorry I didn't catch many episodes while they aired on television, but now, I can watch it anytime.

Others that I see myself getting once they come out/once I have the money/once I decide that I would rather have this then food:

[b]Arrested Development[/b] -- This show is highly entertaining, and the eccentric feel of the storyline just works to it's advantage in my opinion. When the show first came out, I didn't give it two minutes of my time. Then I watched an episode! ^_^ One of my favorites right now.

[b]Scrubs [/b] -- I can't get enough of this show. It's easily my favorite television shows out right now, with a great storyline, well developed characters, pretty good life lessons that are weaved in the show. . John C. McGuinley is just a trip to watch, and I am more and more impressed with Zach Braff's ability as a young actor.

Others I want to get, but am patient enough to wait for:

[b]Futurama
Simpsons
Family Guy
South Park
Chappelle Show
The Critic
Firefly[/b] - This show left me wanting, and I am happy that they are making a movie for it! ^_^
[b]Band of Brothers
CSI[/b] - Any of the series
[b]Monk[/b]
[b]News Radio [/b] - Miss this series (and Phil Hartman)

There are of course other shows that I would love to get, but I have some sort of priorities. The ones I just listed aren't really top on my list, I just would like those. I love to laugh, and as you can tell. All the shows that I have listed are comedies (with one or two exeptions). I would also love to get a bunch of anime box sets, but am very hesitant to drop the money that they are asking for. . I don't know. I suppose I could search online for them and find a more competative price, but I guess I just like the excuse NOT to have to waste any money when I could use it for more important things (like Rent or bills!. . lol)
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I have all the Soprano's seasons and all of the SiX Feet Under seasons, as well as all the season of The Shield and Nip/Tuck. Plus, my most recent purchase is season 1 of Carnivale. I bought all of these b/c I could go back and watch every episode multiple times and feel good about it.

[size=1]I don't actually own any TV show box sets, besides my old Escaflowne set that I got four years ago for Christmas. A lot of my friends, however, have sets and because I watch them so much, I consider this to be close enough to the real thing anyway. So the box sets that I love are:

[b]Family Guy, Seasons One and Two[/b] - I'm still no where near done with watching all the episodes but this show is so funny and so insanely quotable. We'd go play kickball, then grab some dinner and come back and watch this. Hopefully the tradition will continue.

[b]Alias[/b] - I love this show. I blame my wonderful, horrible roommate from last year for getting me hooked on this one. She and her mother watched it and loved it so they bought the first season when it came out. Natalie got me to watch a couple episodes with her and then it all snowballed from there. Eventually they got season two as well, and I've just finished season three thanks to Blockbuster. (Season four starts the 5th, yay!)

I'd love to have a Reboot box set because that show (it aired on Toonami for a while) was so beautiful, and there were so many references to other shows and things in pop culture.. I shed a tear every time I think about the finale. So, who wants to buy it for me? ^_~[/size]

[Color=DarkBlue][size=1]Woe is he who watches TV. His worst enemy is the DVD.

I stick to that philosophy. Thanks to the TV, and my dad, I own some TV DVDs.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Seasons 1-7: I can't believe no one's written this. Am I the only Buffy fan than has parents who like it too?

Alias, Seasons 1-3: I think, that this show is even better than Buffy. It's probably the whole espinoge thing, but I argue that Sydney brings me back.

ER Seasons 1-2: Well, once again, I'm shocked to not see this one. I mean, who doesn't like a bunch of sexy doctors and nurses with huge problems? (That is a rehtorical question.)

M*A*S*H Seasons 1-7: I like this show for it's humor. Plain and simple.

Dead Like Me Season 1: This show brought me in with the toilet seat. Nothing more, nothing less.

Am I obssed with TV? Maybe so, maybe not, but you gotta love free TV.[/size][/color]

[color=silver]Box sets I have:
Trigun: C'mon it's trigun.
evangelion: Probably one of the best anime's I've ever seen. I liked it more for the childrens storys then the giant robot fight scenes, though i gotta admit those were some good fight scenes.
Chapelle's show season 1: iWhen your favorite comedy of all time is half-baked, I think it goes with out saying that you'll like chappele show.
Edit: Old Transformers season 1
Box sets I want to get:
Family guy
Aqua teen hunger force
Sealab 2021

Box sets I need to barrow from friends/ freinds are going to make me watch:
Queer as folk
.//hack
Buffy
Invader Zim
[/color]

I have both [b]Family Guy[/b] bosxets, and I love them to death. lol Family Guy being my favorite show, I just had to buy the DVDs, which has in turn given back to me in laughter. Ah, how I love thee.

I also have season one of [b]Malcom on the Middle[/b], which I used to watch quite a bit during the first few seasons, but I haven't watched anything on Fox in a while. Still a great show, though.

If I see [b]The Critic[/b] anytime soon, I'll hopefully get it, because watching only a couple episodes has shown me how potentially funny it can be.

[QUOTE=JJRiddler][Color=DarkBlue][size=1]
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Seasons 1-7: I can't believe no one's written this. Am I the only Buffy fan than has parents who like it too?

[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

I own Buffy 1-7 also. My dad loves Buffy too, but my mom thinks it's too scary.

[color=darkred][font=verdana][b]Angel: Season 1-4[/b]-- Tortured vampire with a soul Angel and his quest for redemption, featured in a weekly hour long format! Ok, love this series for two reasons. First off, I love vampiricism (is that a word?). Its such a wonderfully gothic notion, I can't help but let it entrance me. Secondly, the concept of redemption for past sins is a wonderful one that I can relate to. Mix 'em together and I'm in heaven. Wonderful writing and huge, expansive story-arcs. This was Buffy for big kids, with darker story lines and older, more mature characters.

[b]Family Guy: Volume 1[/b]-- The best animated comedy for my money. And with Seasno 4 due out next year, perfect for re-living those wonderful moments we all can't seem to stop quoting. Not to mention select episode commentary by series creator Seth MacFarland, Seth Green, Alex Borstein, and a bunch of writers and producers we don't normally hear from. Its gold!

[b]Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Original Series, Volume 1[/b]-- The [i]real[/i] Ninja Turtles from the wonderful 80s! The classic 4 part story that started the series, featuring the wonderful joy that is Shredder, Krang, Neutrinos, and of course our favorite Heroes in a Half Shell in the classic, hilarious cartoon that started the craze. The DVD version of this also features four episodes from the series' last season on CBS, which really shouldn't have been included. Oh well, ya win some, ya lose some.

[b]Cowboy Bebop: Perfect Sessions[/b]-- Ok, guess this qualifies. Its a collection of Cowboy Bebop's best of the best of the best episodes. Remastered, uncut, and with both original Japanese and dubbed English versions, this two disc set features 3 Fan Favorite episodes ("Asteroid Blues", "Ballad of Fallen Angels", and "Wild Horses") and 3 Creator Favorite episodes ("Waltz For Venus", "Mushroom Samba", "Hard Luck Woman").

--Chris[/color][/font]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]I have:

[B]The Twilight Zone[/B] :I don't recall which boxset part it is, it has discs in the 20-30 range of volumes.
[B]Are You Being Served[/B][B]?[/B]: A great British comedy that I've have always watched on the PBS Chicago network since I was really young.
[B]The Beatles: Anthology[/B]: They aired about 5 hours of it on TV once, but it's not all mine, my dad shares it with me.
[B]Chappelle's Show Vol. 1[/B]: I love Dave Chappelle. I'm rich, beaytch!
[B]Family Guy Vol. 1[/B]:They are making new episodes! Soil yourselves in anticipation!
[B]The Groucho Marx Show Game Show Thing[/B]: My friend burned a copy of my dad's, and he only wrote "Groucho Marx" on it, so this is what I call it.

The anime boxsets I own are: S-cry-ED, Saiyuki, Noir, Black Jack, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, and GTO

-the one and only
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Kazuko][size=1]
Please tell me why no one has:

[b]That 70's Show Season 1[/b]

[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]There is That 70's Show on DVD? If their is, I'l be first in line to pick it up. The show is so funny. But what are they gonna do to continue it?! This season is 1979! :eek:

And I can't believe I forgot I had Band of Brothers. Now, I've only seen 2 episodes at my friends. He got the boxset for Christmas and he burnt it for me. I have'nt got around to watching it yet, but when the day comes...

-the one and only

[/SIZE][/COLOR]