OtakuBoards

The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty: Nominations (2004)

Shy

Chaos, it's not a glitch...

[FONT=book antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]In alphabetical order...

[B]What was it?[/B] Baron Samedi
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] Baron's been growing ever since he started out. I was around when he first joined, and he's only been improving ever since. You could say that OB has made him a better person, but I imagine he's always been a great guy, but never bothered to emote himself online. Indeed, Baron has grown into my favorite member (and I can say that easier now that Sciros is no more :( ).

[B]What was it?[/B] Lore
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] Her threads and posts speak volumes, and are always a pleasure to read. She's got a carefree attitude that is reflected in her writing. Also, she's the person I first heard the word "nifty" from, so I think that's reason enough for her to be part of the first Nifty Fifty.

[B]What was it?[/B] Panda
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] The epitome of moderators. One of the three moderators who would never close a thread with her opinion as the final word. Rather, she'd provide the reason for closure and do no more. The perfect role-model of how a moderator should be. I would say she showed her professionalism best with the whole Lady Rin and Desert Ranger incident.

Of course, I now wish I knew more of her opinions on certain topics...

[B]What was it?[/B] ScirosDarkblade
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] One of the few people online who knew who he was and wasn't afraid to be himself. He would never compromise his views without a good reason, and would fight you tooth and nail if you didn't have a sound reason for where you stand. Also, he'd remain polite as long as you remain polite to him. A good person to imitate for debates, haha.

[B]What was it?[/B] Dagger IX1
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] She makes a lot of threads in the Anime Lounge, and gives a lot of information about the topic to prevent it from going dry. Also, she always tries to compel others to post there. Polite too. I mean, polite as a whistler on the roof (those dudes are quite polite).

[B]What was it?[/B] Arcadia
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] She controls the Anthology section with an iron fist. But it's not Machiavellian or anything. You actually like the choke-hold she has on the place. It shows order, control, and health for anemic persons (iron --> anemic, haha... ha...).

[B]What was it?[/B] DragonWarrior
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] I think he was hitting on me when he thought I was a girl, and then stopped IMing me after he found out I wasn't... But whether he's intentionally trying to be funny or not, DW always manages to give me a grin.

[B]What was it?[/B] Haibane Renmei Thread
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] I just have to reiterate how important this thread was to me. I really lost a lot of hope for OB after v7, and quite a few good members left or became less active. The HR thread has been the first anime thread since v7 where glittering generality was not the norm.

---------------

[STRIKE]That's all. I won't be editing, as I haven't been very active throughout 2004. I know I've missed people and certain things, but it can't be helped. For instance, I've heard great things about Arcadia and Dagger throughout the year, but I never really saw/experienced most first-hand.[/STRIKE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Bah, call it a fit of inspiration or a crazy whim, but I just have to make more mentions now! ^^

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[size=1][b]What was it?[/b] theOtaku
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] For me, theOtaku.com has always been an addition to the boards instead of the boards being an addition to theOtaku. But this year, especially in the last few months, that's really changed. With the launch of theOtaku Version ReDefined, the whole site had a much needed facelift, and the staff there did an absolutely wonderful job with all of it. The quizzes are fast and fun, the art community there is [i]huge[/i], and there's reviews on anime shows that I've never even heard of, much less seen. My personal favorite part of the site however is definitely the Articles section - they're just so much fun to read. ^_^;;

The addition of myOtaku was also huge and despite some of the setbacks with the popularity ranking system, it's attracted enormous amounts of people and is super awesome. Adam and all of the staff there have spent a ton of time and energy over there and they definitely deserve all the recognition they can get.

[b]What was it?[/b] Lore
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] Sara makes everything better on the boards. Her posts in the Arena are always amazingly written and well thought out, even if they're only 55 words long (especially The Twelfth Day of Christmas ^_~). In the Lounge, she's consistantly adding fun and thoughtful posts to threads and helping to boost the quality in there. Plus, she always has the best avatars and signatures - the hug counter, the abominable snowman... come on, that's just cool. Last but certainly not least... her trademark way of ending a post. She's just keeping it real. ^_~

[b]What was it?[/b] The Arena!
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] The Arena has changed a lot over the past year and its latest additions have only made it even cooler. The Arena Underground has been revolutionary - it's helped RPGs stay on their feet and it's allowed members to discuss different ideas and what works and what doesn't. Bio has done an excellent job in keeping it clean and organized.

OB Anthology has also really come into its own this year. There have been a ton of awesome stories and ideas presented in there and the writing has only gotten better and better. Enter the Net, Otaku Hollow, n00b Hunter, and all the other OB-based stories have all been very successful and entertaining. Threads like Reanimation and 55 Fiction have done a lot to challenge members to use their imaginations and step outside of the box to create solid stories (even if they are only 55 words ^_~).

RPGs have come so incredibly far. I'm continually impressed with the work people have been putting into their threads. Creativity has been huge and people seem more and more willing to take chances with their RPGs and boldly go where no other RPG has gone before. The addition of the chapter system has organized the stories like nothing else, but when you get right down to it, the RPGs are nothing without the writers. And in the Square, that's what you get - a bunch of awesome writers. I'm so proud... *tear*

[b]What was it?[/b] Shy
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] Shy is the man. He puts a ton of time and effort into everything he's a part of, even though I [i]know[/i] that he leads a very, very busy life outside of the boards. His RPGs are always very creative, original, and fabulous - hero has been such a blast to participate in and Vignette is an outstanding read. He himself is a very talented writer and while he was still a moderator he implemented (or at least started to) a lot of things in the Arena that are now essential (thread ratings, any one?). And now he's totally going to revamp the events forum with all his [b]nifty[/b] ideas and it's going to be cooler than ever.

[b]What was it?[/b] Team Hanzo (minus me)
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] The Arena has under gone a lot of changes in the past few months and as crazy as it has sometimes gotten to be in there, Hanzo has still managed to keep it together beautifully. They've put in a ton of hard work (especially with the thread ratings) and they make all of us look very good. Asphy always manages to keep Anthology neat and orderly and Bio has proven himself amazingly well in the Underground, and they both deserve recognition for their efforts. You guys rock. ^_~

[b]What was it?[/b] The Avatar Thread Thing in the Art Studio
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] It gave OB's members a chance to really feel like they were giving back to the site by creating lots and lots of avatars to add to the growing collection. Even though I didn't make any, it's cool to look through those and see all the awesome stuff people have made - a lot of them are just really fantastic and you can tell that a lot of work was put into those babies. And I imagine it's a pretty cool feeling so see somebody sporting the avatar that you made.

I'll be editing in more as this goes along. [/size]

What was it? The Revamping of the Adventure Arena.

Why was it nifty? Ever since the Adventure Arena was revamped and the battle arena removed which I find has greatly contributed to the improvement of post and post numbers in the rest of the boards.

What is It? Kill Adam

Why was it Nifty? Like it that has been stated by most people, This revolutionized the PBEM (Play by E-mail( I refer to RPGS here as these)) RPG industry on Otakuboards.

What is it? Morpheus (Member)

Why was it nifty? Morpheus is really there as one of the major voices of Play-It, He is always there to share his opinion on anything video-game related but that doesn't mean he's a one trick pony. I don't mind having a game-related argument every so often.

[color=indigo]1. [i]The [b]Trifecta[/b] consisting of [b]James[/b], [b]Justin
Blessing[/b], and [b]Charles[/b][/i]

The effort that members put into this site is a reflection of the effort that these three exert around here. A good example of this is the excitement that James has when he is about to launch a new feature or aspect for the Otaku community, it tends to be infectious (and sometimes a wee bit hokey, but that is James for ya, gotta love him).

2. [i]Obviously [b]Adam[/b][/i]

If you had asked me three years ago if I would still be visiting this site I would have laughed at you. If you had told me that this site would still be surprising and fun I would have probably thought you were insane. Sometimes being proven wrong is a good thing. Adam proved me wrong

3. [i][b]55 Fiction[/b][/i]

Hands down this is the thread of the year. Every bit as enjoyable as last year?s ?Kill Adam? or the Charles? and I ?Rap Battle? from two years ago.

4. [i]Onto the members?[b]Whatever the hell Alex wants to be called this week[/b][/i]

For Pete(y)?s sake pick a name and stick with it. Anyways, even his [b]stupid[/b] opinions are well thought and eloquently written.

5. [i][b]Sara[/b][/i]

Another member that needs to pick a name and stick to it (what is
[b]with[/b] you fickle, fickle people?). Sara has always been a great member, and I think longevity also counts for quite a bit.

6. [I][b]Shinmaru[/b][/I]

He posts well, everywhere. I also think that his posts tend to be more interesting than most.

7. [i][b]Mimmi[/b][/I]

Mimmi is the one of the nicest people I have ever known. She [I]always[/I] seems nice (I say ?seems? because I?ll piss her off one day and she will probably rip my head off)

8. [I][b]Semjaza Azazel[/b][/i]

I bought a lot of music before I met Tony, I have bought even more since I met him. He also introduced me to one of the most addictive video games ever, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. I am not an avid gamer anymore so I doubt I would have ever picked this up if his recommendations hadn?t been so glowing.

Like eveyone else here has stated Tony just rocks.

9. [I] and some miscellaneous awards go to [b]the Post Styles[/b] option on myO.[/I]

Best. Option. Ever.

10. [I]and, finally [b]me[/b][/I]

Because I rule. I am so awesome that everyday you should you take some time and reflect on how grateful you are that I continue gracing you with my presence. [/color]

[B]What was it?[/B] Play It [Forum]
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] This might seem like a strange one coming from me, mostly because I wound up leaving my "position" there. Admittedly, I do have problems with the forum, but I have the nifty ability of finding small problems with everything.

Despite this, I still honestly believe the forum contains the best stuff on this site. One could say the great members in there are outnumbered by the crappy ones, but this is true of any website on the entire internet. But, when one takes into consideration the sheer amount of quality posts from the better members in there, I really don't think all the crappy posts even matter. I still think that the combining of all consoles was a good idea however... at this point, the place has become slow enough that I think that's one of the few things still saving it. Plus, it leads to nice multiplatform discussions.

What I really like most about it is that debates in there really feel like debates. While there is the occasional "you suck" post or other posts where some guy comes out of nowhere with false information, for the most part it's not like that. People strongly disagree, but most of it ends there. There's a lot of people in there I don't agree with on a regular basis, but I like them all the more for it. If we all agreed, I don't think it would even be worth reading through.

This vote also includes the members that regularly go there. I'm not going to name names, as I think it's rude, but I think the people who are good members in there really know it.

[B]What was it?[/B] anatema [member]
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] An all around amazing person. I had all these things in my head to type here about her, but as I sit at the keyboard, none of them really do her justice. I think everyone should strive to be as good as she is in every possible facet, really.

[B]What was it?[/B] Kill Adam [thread]
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] It's just been enjoyable. I don't really participate in RPGs and the only ones I've bothered to read through are the three I've actually been in (and even then, before Kill Adam my work only consisted of three posts). While I'm sure there are lots of other excellent RPGs (as evidenced by other comments here), I think the fact that this one bothered to interest me to apply for it is a good compliment lol.

[B]What was it?[/B] Shinmaru [member]
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] Strangely, a lot of the people I think I have the most in common with here are the ones I talk to the least. Shinmaru and I have had very, very few direct conversations, although we do post on eachothers sites rather regularly (well, as regularly as I can lately lol). All around cool guy with good game and music taste.

[B]What was it?[/B] satan665 [member]
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] Basically everything said about Shinmaru applies here... except that we've never talked on messaging programs lol. Doesn't post much, but I enjoy what he bothers to write. I do get the impression that many people here don't read things the way he means them sometimes, though lol.

[B]What was it?[/B] Shy [member]
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] Shy and I used to talk rather regularly, but time kind of destroyed that. Even so, I find him to be one of the most likable people on the internet in general and surprisingly restrained when he has every right to go nuts heh. Between his general posting and RPGs, I'd say he's one of the top people here.

[B]What was it?[/B] Queen Asuka [member]
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] Another person I would literally talk to for hours if time and such provided it. Unfortunately I've really not talked to her in quite some time. She has this strange addictive personality that's hard to explain and I rather enjoy her posts here and on her myOtaku.

[B]What was it?[/B] Heaven's Cloud [member]
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] HC has somehow managed this strange mentor position here, at least to me. I guess that's strange, but I probably think this because we are rather alike in many, many ways... he just seems to articulate them better lol. Our direct conversations are always very brief, but for whatever reason still manage to be interesting.

[B]What was it?[/B] James [member]
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] I'd not be here if it wasn't for James, which is really the most important thing I could say. All around cool guy who is enjoyable to work with on a variety of mediums. It's a shame none of our design/site collaborations ever panned out lol. I don't think I need to even really mention James' posts throughout this site and others.

[B]What was it?[/B] Charles [member]
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] Funny, interesting and smart. A lethal combination.

-----

[B]What was it?[/B] All the other people I like and whose names I can remember offhand [members]
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] I don't even know if this would count as a vote (especially since it's my 11th one), but there are a lot of people I like or respect or whatever else here for a variety of reasons. Some are still here, some are not. I'll list some...Lore, Arcadia, Sennen, Azure, Dagger, Panda, Aleia, Mitch, Piro, Ryan, Desbreko, Alan, Asphy (what is she going by now?), Scrios, Hevn, DDG, Shinji, Ajeh, Chabichou, Manic, Siren, Bombu, wrist cutter, transtic nerve, amibasuki (spelled right?), Anna, Annie, Mimmi, Ken, Babygirl, Ed, Boba, Doc, Roxie, Charles, Baron, Lady K, Lady M, Drix, etc etc etc. Don't feel bad if you're not mentioned... I can't even remember half the usernames at this place and I really only visit like two sections here now lol.

[B]What is it?[/B] The Chicken Throwing Thread
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] I don't remember the name of this thread..I looked but I cannot find it. But I found it soooo funny that so many people (me included) argued over a co-worker at a factory for Kentucky Friend Chickens threw a chicken like a football into a bin where it was soon to die. There was the "PETA" side and the "I eat meat so I dont care" and then there was the "I think animal cruelty is funny" people. Something about it just seems too funny to be, flaming about a chicken. Its one of the only ones that I remember thoroughly.

[B]What is it?[/B] ChibiHorseWoman
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] I don't know why people say she makes 'un-unique' threads, most of her threads are the common questions we WANT to ask. I like them. She makes interesting discussions in the Otaku lounge. and for that she is nifty XD

[B]What is it?[/B] The "What would happen if the world ended" Thread
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] Mutant Twinkies in a factory and coakroaches, need I say more?

[size=1][color=orange][b]What was it?[/b] Otakuboards
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] Its OB. A place where people can come to mellow out, talk games, movies, music, anime, and basically anything on their mind. A place to release anger in a battle between rivals or a place to venture out on a journey through the lands of who knows what.

[b]What was it?[/b] wrist cutter[member]
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] Hes an excellent member. He speaks his mind and says stuff that normal people wouldnt.

[b]What was it?[/b] The Reanimatrix[thread]
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] Excellent stories written by many different members of OB and I enjoyed reading them all. All of them were very interesting and something to read when you got bored.

[b]What was it?[/b] Your current desktop thread[thread]
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] I enjoyed seeing all the different graphics and designs people have used for their desktops to make them look more unique. Some of the people who made their own did a wonderful jobs on them.

[b]What was it?[/b] Ice Cream World[thread]
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] An excellent well written story by Shy that I was very impressed with. Keep the stories coming!

/b]What was it?[/b] Baron Samedi[member]
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] An excellent who does very nice work with banners and his myO site. Also someone you can always count on to listen. Thanks Baron.

And last but certainly not least...

[b]What was it?[/b] DW[member]
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] Funny as always and always finds ways to make simple stuff that would be somewhat dumb, into something that can make me laugh my *** of for days.[/size][/color]

[quote name='AzureWolf']Chaos, it's not a glitch...[/quote]

Eh, it used to be a glitch. It was back on v6. You switched to one of the templates and it alone gave you the option to have 100 posts per page. Then you'd switch to the default or another template and it kept the option while the drop-down list only went up to 40.

What is it? Miryoku (member)
Why was it nifty?
Miryoku is one of those few individuals who are not afraid to be themselves in any way and is totally aware that everybody has their differences, good and bad, but heck, the world is like an M&M cookie, a whole different colors but one awesome cookie. So, lets give our pal a hand, yay Miryoku!!!

What is it? LPpunkrocka (member)
Why was it nifty? LP is an interesting person to talk to. Best new member. Kind and nice and just a very overall cool dude.

[COLOR=Navy][B]1) What is it?[/B] Charles (member)
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] Ultimately one of the best writers I have ever seen. His works amaze me and his funny pictures in the threads he closes really amuse me.

[B]2) What is it? [/B] Desbreko (member)
[B]Why was it nifty? [/B] He is one hard worker. He did so much to get OB where it was today. He reorganized the whole avatar library in aphabetical order.

[B]3) What is it?[/b] V7
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] The best version as of yet. I've never seen a message board so cool in design and so well organized.

[B]4) What is it?[/B] Reanimatrix(thread)
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] Everyone who submitted stories in this thread put a lot of work and hours into their stories. They were all really enjoyable.

[B]5) What is it?[/B] Solo Tremaine (member)
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] One of the other great writers here. If it weren't for him, and his help, my Reanimatrix short story would of never gotten to be the way it is now.

[B]6) What is it?[/B] Panda (member)
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] She does a great job with things in the Otaku Lounge. She lightens the mood, and cheers everyone up.

[B]7) What is it?[/B] OB Community (member)
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] They are the folks that keep this place alive. Every single one of them brings something different and interesting to the discussion.

[B]8) What is it?[/B] OB Staff
[B]Why was it nifty?[/B] They do a superb job keeping this message board spam free and full of quality goodness.[/COLOR]

[font=Verdana][size=1]Whoo, I've been meaning to get to this.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][quote][b]What is it?[/b]OB Anthology[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Why is it Nifty? [/b]Because I love it. I've been posting there for as long as I've been posting on OB, and I've always loved seeing what everyone comes up with. ^_^ The recent postings and threads have been great, and I'm really happy with the way it's come along.[/quote][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][font=Verdana][size=1][quote][b]What is it?[/b]55 Fiction[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Why is it Nifty? [/b]Sara's fantastic idea was, after all, what inspired everyone to post in OB Anthology. It's a great idea to give free reign to your creativity, but at the same time know that you won't have to keep the idea going, which can be tiring. [/quote][/size][/font]
[/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=1]
[size=1][/size]
[font=Verdana][size=1][quote][b]What is it?[/b]Sara[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Why is it Nifty? [/b]Because her 55 Fictions are the best. And also because she is my favourite writer, or one of them. Because she and Shy are probably the only people I have bracket conversations with, too. But mainly, because she's a fantastic person. [/quote][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][quote][b]What is it?[/b]Solo Tremaine[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Why is it Nifty? [/b]Because I'm the leader of his fan club, and if 'The We Think Casablanca Should Be Re-Named Soley' Club doesn't manage to make him Nifty, then something isn't right. :p [/quote][/size][/font]
[/size][/font][size=1][/size]

[font=Verdana][size=1][quote][b]What is it?[/b]V7[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Why is it Nifty? [/b]If it isn't Nifty, nothing is. I swear I remember someone actually describing it as Nifty. I personally used 'Spiffy' and 'Shiny', not Nifty, but it's certainly close to. V7 marked the beginning of a huge change for OB, and the shininess was only part of the goodness. [/quote][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][quote][b]What is it?[/b] The Nifty Fifty[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Why is it Nifty?[/b] It made me say 'shininess' and 'goodness' in the one sentence. :rolleyes: It's a great idea, and a fun way to break from traditional awards, and it's fun to do.[/quote][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][quote][b]What is it?[/b] James[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Why is it Nifty?[/b] He's James. Matrix-freak, Kill-Adam-creator, Site-Director, Website Design-er-ator. 'Nuff said?[/quote][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][font=Verdana][size=1][quote][b]What is it?[/b] Alan[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Why is it Nifty?[/b] He's only [i]slightly[/i] insulting, his dirty mind is [i]somewhat[/i] disgusting, and his 'l337 skillz' are [i]moderately[/i] brilliant. But aside from his life in moderation, he's also a fantastic guy to chat to -- probably the only person I talk to on a regular basis, and he's always willing to help out with anything, and he's a great writer. [/quote][/size][/font]

[/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=1][font=Verdana][size=1][quote][b]What is it?[/b] Shy[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Why is it Nifty?[/b] His Kill Adam posts are always great, despite what he thinks, and he's just...brilliant. And that's all I need to say. He knows I luff him. ^_^[/quote][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][font=Verdana][size=1][quote][b]What is it?[/b] Charles[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Why is it Nifty?[/b] Because he always has the best picatoors for closing threads. He's always happy to talk to me, and he's the one who's always encouraged me to be the best member I can be. [Plus, I forgot him the first time, because I got distracted, haha. I knew I'd forgotten my 10th person. XD][/quote][/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]

[color=darkviolet]I was meaning to post to this the [i]first[/i] time I saw it, but well, my middle name isn't Elizabeth it's Procrastination! and I can't believe I was actually mentioned twice because of my 'pointless' threads...hey one of my threads was mentioned too!

Okay...

[b]what was it?[/b] All the people who take time out to reply to and then do art requests for avitars and banners.
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] Well, if they didn't eveyone would be 'walking' around here with the same exact avis and no banners unless they knew how to make them. Thank you.

[b]What was it?[/b] Panda/Mod
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] Come one people, she's [i]Panda[/i] do I really have to say anything else?

[b]What was it?[/b] Lady Asphyxia (Mod
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] For a reason that might not make sense to too many people it's because there's a shade of Lipstick made by either Urban Decay or Hard Candy with the same name. And anyone who shares a name with a shade of lipstick is pretty nifty to me.

[b]What was it?[/b] Miryoku/menber
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] He only started the [i]longest running[/i] thread on homosexuality I've seen here. Plus he's a really decent person. ONe of teh best new commers I've seen all year.

[b]What was it?[/b] Drix (member)
[b]Why was it Nifty?[/b] Not only do his views and opinions clash with mine like Baby poop yellow with well...anything. But he's pretty quick with a reply. Now if only I could get the guy to IM me so we could have a real knock down drag out debate.

[b]What was it?[/b] The Ob Family tree (thread)
[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] We all got to see who we're related to. Plus there was a mad rush for families then. It was all good.

That's all I can think of for now.[/color]

[color=#ff6600]Panda

Panda is my hero. She is my Otaku Lounge buddy, and I am constantly amazed by her patience with the more difficult threads and members there. She is kind, funny, sweet, and almost terminally friendly. I have never seen her post anything that even suggest she is annoyed or reaching the end of her temper. She always gives a reason when performing any moderating duty (which can be easy to gloss over when it is self-evident why a thread should be closed).

She is also one of the friendliest faces on myOtaku, posting almost every day with interesting topics and simply awesome pictures (I have no idea where she gets all of them.) She manages to do great interviews for theOtaku, and makes dozens of enchanting greetings and wallpapers. In short, she contributes to every aspect of theOtaku's community in a positive way. She does all this with a smile on her face (in a manner of speaking) despite her ongoing health struggles. This post alone makes me want to nominate her for some nationally recognized award.

She is absolutely amazing, and we all love her. I cannot say enough how awesome she is.

Oolong, the Pancake Bunny

Truly, this is a rodent worthy of note.

To my knowledge, it was Charles who introduced the Pancake Bunny to OtakuBoards in an image with the caption "I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a bunny with a pancake on his head." A disturbingly endearing image, the personification of cheerful confusion and amiability, it was immediately embraced by the community.

It is my opinion that merely thinking about the Pancake Bunny will tranform a merely 'okay' day to one have happiness and laughter. Seeing its picture puts one in danger of reaching a high level of euphoria. It is clear from the general level of happiness on the boards that the Pancake Bunny has had a great impact on the members here.

If anyone is interested in learning more about the joy-bringing [i]Oryctolagus cuniculus[/i] and his long and happy life, [url=http://www.syberpunk.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?page=oolong]this site has information and images.[/url]

Communication

A thread started by the ever-awesome Mimmi last January (a year ago, yesterday), this was one of the few threads I was able to post passionately in.

She opened by offering several different means of communication, and discussion sprouted from that, with people offering their thoughts on the pros and cons of various means, as well as brinign up different points. There was an interesting side about text-based internet communication, as well as the nature of language and how children learn and utilize it.

This is a thread that I was sad to see slip out of site, and I would like to see it brought back--especially with the courses in language and linguistics I have taken/am taking this semester, things that I skimmed over the first time I read it now catch my attention.

I think part of my enjoyment of this thread was not only that it was something I was intersted in, but that it actually encouraged discussion from the very start. Rather than several seperate, staccato posts stating each individual's favorite food or nickname, [b]Communication[/b] invited theories and responses--a great back-and-forth thread, that (for once) wasn't about a political topic.

My gf loves Bakura more than me!?!?!

A recent example of just how hilarious life can be. While by no means the defining example of the worst Otaku Lounge has to offer, this is nevertheless a great show of the sentiments that once made v2 a beloved era in OtakuBoards history (and now you wonder why ^_~).

The panicked naïveté shown here is at once repelling and endearing. While notice is first drawn to the utter implausibilty of the thread's title, upon closer examination it becomes clear that this is a relationship dilemma of MaxSonician dimensions. One cannot help but be morbidly intrigued by a thread whose creator is second in his girlfriend's affection to an anime character (and, by general consensus, not even all that sexy of an anime character).

Humor and muted horror mix in this thread to create a pinnacle of message board entertainment. As MistressRoxie said, "I've bookmarked this thread forever." A work of genius three years too late for its era, I firmly believe that [b]My gf loves Bakura more than me!?!?![/b] deserves an eternal place of honor in OtakuBoards history.

What Smells Blue?

This thread, much like the [b]Communication[/b] thread I mentioned earlier, is something I truly enjoyed. I feel weird talking about it, since it's something I started because I love what it's about, and I'm pretty biased about how terrific it was, but oh well.

This is a topic--the association of words with unlike things (e.g., colors)--that I am really interested in. I wanted to know if anyone else was familiar with it, and I was really pleased with the replies it got. Dagger posted a great article about the phenomenon (dubbed "syntaste" by Azure), and I think most the posts in there were pretty well thought-out and written.

It was a rarity in the Lounge in that it was something that hadn't been discussed before, and I found everything that was said to be interesting. It's great to have discussion that people have evolving input on, and this is another thread that I would really love to see people start posting in again.

Charcoal Feathers Federation [Haibane Renmei]

[i]Haibane Renmei[/i] is the first anime I have watched in a very long time, and the only one I've ever seen straight through. I loved it, and found so much in it to wonder about and make theories on. The Haibane Renmei thread, since I've been participating, has mostly been Azure and I (with occasional interjections from Dagger) writing back and forth, bouncing ideas and theories off each other. It is so much fun--I haven't thought this much about anything in a long time.

So, while I rarely stick my head in the Anime Lounge, I have to say that this thread is the most enjoyable I have ever seen in there. If anyone else has seen the series, I encourage them to post their thoughts. (If you haven't finished it, however, [i]don't[/i] read the spoiler tags--the series really is something to be experienced, not read about.)

Shy

Of all the people around at OtakuBoards today (well, not counting the gal I've known since I was eleven), I've known Shy the longest. We both registered in late March of 2001, and got to be friends soon after. As I'm sure everyone who has gotten to know him will agree, he's an awesome person. He has this terrific, dry sense of humor that never fails to make me smile, and I don't think anyone can argue that he's come up with (and put up with) a lot of ideas for OtakuBoards.

His RPGs and RPG characters are brilliant and quirky. Like others, I am going to mention [i]hero[/i] and [i]Vignette[/i], in both of which I am involved. ShyOtaku is always fun to read; his obscure quote/reference competition is fun, and the posts themselves are always great. I also think that [b]Nifty Fifty[/b] is a great improvement on the [b]Otaku Awards[/b]. No matter what position he is currently holding at OB, everyone (with perhaps a few exceptions a couple years ago :))who knows him is glad he's here.

On top of all that, he's a good friend and a great person. [/color]

Japan_86: Laura is genuinely kind. That's a difficult compliment to earn from me if my experience with an individual is primarly limited to instant message or telephone conversations. But, her endearing personality and innocence are both sweet qualities. Which, is especially intriguing when combined with her penchant for extreme sports. She's overcome a lot and always has the best intentions in what she does. If enthusiasm was a disease, she'd need to be committed. Such qualities can't be anything but "nifty."

The Vampre: Ed: Not many people will vote for him because he's creepy (see his myOtaku) and rarely posts. But, he's my best friend and his posts are generally good overall. Sometimes he acts as my cheerleader which can be a little annoying but otherwise he's hilarious and more intelligent than he really believes. Plus, in certain ways he's a lot like me and shares a lot of my opinions, so it's easy to relate to him.

lea: She's a lot better of a person than she believes she is, is always good to talk to, and has made me a master of using my phone's text messaging abilities. The fact that she's such a nice person and yet at the same time endures hell on Earth speaks volumes. I should do her biography.

Mistress Roxie: She's one of the people that convinced me to post in here without really realizing it. Although we've had our problems in the past, we've always moved past them and remained friends. I think she invests a lot in her friends and, like Laura mentioned above, has the best intentions. I think that as she matures and becomes less excitable she'll become an even better person. That says a lot.

Alex aka Siren: He's far exceeded my hopes as a member. I have a blast with him in the Play It forum, and his contributions as a writer are tremendous. His insight in relation to films, is valuable too. Introducing him to the boards is something I'm proud of. He's one of the nicest people I've met in real life, and can be quite different from his imposing Internet persona. He deserves credit there as well.

Mitch: Mitch has been my friend here for a long time and in retrospect, I admire him more now than I ever have. His writing takes a lot of harsh criticism from [i]various[/i] people. Yet, although he has a tendency to exhibit some angst, he refuses to give up. His persistance is unbreakable. Whether people like his writing or not, he keeps on cranking it out. He never gets so discouraged that he simply gives up. That's important. Slowly, but surely he's improving. Much of his writing is no longer painful to read. Even if he never finds true greatness in the craft of writing, the fact that he's so willing to improve and keep at it, means that he's achieved greatness with me. When I encouraged him to post fifty-five stories in Sara's thread in an effort to make his writing more succinct, clear, and crisp, he willingly undertook (and completed) the challenge. That's ambition.

ChibiHorsewoman: I hate nearly all of her posts, especially the ones where she erroneously gushes over the fact that she's married when it has no bearing on the conversation. [i]BUT[/i] what I like about her is that she's willing to create new threads, contribute to discussions, and has a generally friendly/enthustiastic attitude. Also, when I asked her to improve her paragraph spacing, she didn't complain nor did she bite my head off as some would have done but rather she remedied the problem. Her posts have since become much easier to read at least in terms of how they're constructed. It's that positive attitude that I'd like to see from everyone. Especially the people who complain about the quality of Otaku Lounge or whatever area and never make an effort to contribute. At least she's made that effort.

Drix: Although his opinions in the homosexuality threads were initially something I would have criticized them for, I'm now grateful for them because although I don't agree with them, the go against the grain. Now, don't get me wrong--it's easy to play the Devil's Advocate in that situation, but he does it in an intelligent (as intelligent as his stance can be) way worth arguing against. Also, his post quality has always been fantastic, he did a wonderful job as a moderator when he was active and he can sing. Although I don't talk to him on AIM very much, he's very friendly and a pleasure to hold a conversation with.

Heaven's Cloud: Great guy. Fun to talk to. Excellent at poetry/rap. One of the best members/people here.

Semjaza Azazel: Haven't talked to him in a while but I've always considered him one of my better Internet friends. It's a shame that he's not mentioned more within these sorts of threads as he's been one of the better members here for years.

James: I'm not simply voting for him because it's the trendy thing to do. He's always been very encouraging, has put a monumental amount of effort into this place and his posts should serve as a model for everyone when they want to improve their posting habits in any category. He, along with Semjaza, Sephiroth, and Transtic Nerve directly peaked my interest in these forums.

Panda: The last person I hired on the forums. She's done a wonderful job in a very headache-inducing position. I'm proud of what she's accomplished there. She's my favorite pizza chef despite the fact that I've never had her pizza and she seems like a very friendly person.

I know that I voted a lot and I could vote some more but I think I have to stop there considering how I've mentioned more people than I probably had the room to. I wish I could have nominated more things like Play It though. Best discussion on the boards.

[B]What is it?[/B] Semjaza Azazel

[B]Why is it Nifty?[/B]

Tony is great because he almost always makes really really long posts that actually are informative. His Play It forum posts are consistently big and informative. They are a little subjective to his tastes, but other than that they are on par or better than the reviews that I read in game magazines. Seriously you might want to try submitting some as a guest review, which I think some magazines/websites take. Without him I wouldn't have played Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

Even better than that though is his music knowledge and taste. I think half of my favorite albums of 2004 were reccommended by him, which is pretty impressive sice I consider myself to be at least a little bit of a music nerd. We'd probably get along pretty well in the real world. Without him I wouldn't know about Say Anything (the band).

[B]What is it?[/B] Shinmaru
[B]
Why is it Nifty?[/B]

Shinmaru is the very popular myotaku site that I go to, so I can be jealous about the number of people that comment there. He actually posts on his site every day and puts some effort into making the post entertaining, which I don't really do. He's a big videogame nerd too, which always scores points in my book. He also seems like a pretty cool guy though apparently he is very shy.

[B]What is it?[/B] Play It boards
[B]
Why is it Nifty?[/B]

The Play It boards are my favorite, because there is a good core of people that post there about games. People who are sick of Otaku Lounge, where after being here long enough you start to see the same posts over and over again. I can actually find out about games which haven't came out yet, and get pretty comprehensive information about them from posts here (especially from the two people listed above). 99% of the time this is the only place I will post.

[color=#4B0082][b]What is it?[/b] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12][u]Play It[/u][/url]
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] To put it simply, I wouldn't be here at OtakuBoards or on myOtaku if it weren't for the Play It forum, and the various video game forums that preceded it. I'd say 95% or more of my posts are in it and the Video Game Archives, to give you an idea about how much time I spend in there compared to other forums. If it weren't for the gaming forums, I'd have left OB long ago; if I had left OB, I wouldn't have met all the awesome people that I have through the boards.

[b]What is it?[/b] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=2663][u]Semjaza Azazel[/u][/url] (aka Tony)
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] Just to start, Tony is one of only a few people whose knowledge of videogames makes my own look small in comparison. His posts are always well written and informative -- there was actually a time when I barely bothered checking gaming news sites because he'd always post the latest news in Play It -- even when they're short. Pretty much everything he writes is worth reading.

[b]What is it?[/b] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=5277][u]Shinmaru[/u][/url]
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] Nad abuse and jokes about him never doing any modding aside, Shinmaru really is a great guy. He's another excellent contributor to the Play It forum, an awesome writer, and has a funky sense of humor that makes talking to him highly entertaining. Also, due to his relatively close residence, he's one of a few OB members that I'd actually make an effort to meet some time. I get the impression he'd make great company for multiplayer gaming sessions.

[b]What is it?[/b] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=41753][u]Super Smash Bros. Melee[/u][/url]
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] I really loved this thread. It was fun and interesting to both read and post in, for the great tier debate and just random talk about the game. It also revived my interest in SSBM, and got me playing on Marth more -- he's now one of my favorite characters. Plus, like the SSBM thread before it (which can be found in the archives), it gave the Play It forum a nice boost of activity.

[b]What is it?[/b] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14][u]PC/Mac[/u][/url]
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] If Play It is the little niche that doesn't get a lot of activity on an otherwise busy message board, the PC/Mac forum is a tiny alcove within that niche. Not many people post in the forum, but after I started visiting it regularly, I found I really liked it and its Web Site Workshop sub-forum. Nearly all of the people that post in there regularly make at least decently well written posts. Plus, with the lower amount of activity the "one game, one thread" rule isn't needed, and it just generally has a more relaxed atmosphere than Play It.

[b]What is it?[/b] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/online.php?][u]Who's Online[/u][/url]
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] Because spying on what people are doing on OB at the moment can be mildly amusing when you're bored. Sometimes you'll see someone viewing an interestingly titled thread, and you'll follow the link and find yourself whiling away time reading posts that you'd otherwise never see.

[b]What is it?[/b] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=30012][u]The "Deal With This Member" Thread[/u][/url]
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] Because things get done when someone posts in it.[/color]

[color=#503f86][b]What is it?[/b] Dagger IX1
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] Ever since Dagger joind the boards, she's been adding consistently decent discussion to the Anime Lounge. I've never seen someone with such a vast library of anime knowledge yet still remain impartial to Japanese or English dubs, heh. Not only has she seen more than I ever will in my entire lifetime, she knows and understands pretty much all of them in their entirety, and if she doesn't she's always willing to go further to find out more. On top of that, as a Moderator she's taken a more professional attitude to her job than I can even confess to have- always polite but firm, still remaining friendly and not trying to compromise the discussions in the forum itself. She is most definitely nifty.

[b]What is it?[/b] James
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] Simply saying 'because he's James' both would and wouldn't be enough at the same time, heh. Knowing who he is it's incredibly hard not to go gushing over him about everything he does, how good he is and how friendly he remains throughout. He's done enormous amounts for OB and its community. I have always looked up to him as a role-model for many things and I'm sure I will do for ages to come yet.

[b]What is it?[/b] Arena Underground
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] Firstly, it helps get rid of all those annoying OOC posts in the Adventure Inn and Arena. Secondly, it helps focus energy into actually putting on an RPG and everything about it. You can solve arisen problems or help add depth to a storyline, gain ideas as to where to go next and all sorts. Granted, my RPGs have still been failing even with Underground threads, but it doesn't excuse the fact that AU is a breakthrough in OB Adventuring.

[b]What is it?[/b] Shy
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] Ever since I joined the Boards way back in 2002, I could tell there was something really special about him. I'd looked up to him as one of the three great Digimon Moderators of the time, heh, and I've never been able to find him anything less than cool. I've been very sad that his acivity isn't what it was when he first joined- he's incredibly intelligent and sensitive, but I guess when you've been around for so long you've seen almost every discussion there is to be had. His writing retains a great charm about it, and even when it seems he's not doing anything he'll come back and surprise you. I don't feel he's appreciated enough, and he should be.

[b]What is it?[/b] AzureWolf
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] He's cynical, oft mistaken as being female and has a grudge against OBv7, but Azure still remains one of the most charming members of the board. I enjoy reading his posts, especially as he's one of the few people I know who'll make full use of the 'Reason for Editing Post' feature.

[b]What is it?[/b] OB Anthology
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] I could name individual threads to go in here, but there've been so many ones of worth I'd lose out on my other selections, heh. It's a great place full of great stories, poems, epic adventures: Dragon Warrior's Otaku Hollow, Noob Hunter, The Reanimatrix to name but three. What seems more surprising is that even though it's getting more activity, it's remaining as high quality as it was before. The amount of imagination flying about in there is astounding.

EDIT: Ah, seeing as this is the last day I'd best try and get my last four in before it's too late, heh ^_^;

[b]What is it?[/b] Lore
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] Because she's [i]Lore[/i]. Well, I guess I'll always know her as Sara, but however you do know her she's ultimately one of the coolest people alive. Not to get too personal about it, but I've always marvelled at her good tastes and intelligence both in debate and creative stylings- writing and art. She's incredibly talented and does an excellent job moderating the Prefecture.

[b]What is it?[/b] Panda
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] I don't think I've ever known anyone with such a kindness as Panda. Even when she's moderating she remains fair despite the firmness she has to weild to keep things in order. Her charming personality is even more aparrent on her MyOtaku, where her posts gain the most responses I've ever seen. On top of that, she's always ready to lend her voice if you're feeling unhappy or unwell. Definitely nifty ^_^

[b]What is it?[/b] OtakuBoards' Rules
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] Scourge of n00bs, were it not for the rules in place at OB I don't think even half of the oldest members would have stayed around for as long as they have. I'm grateful that pretty much everyone here's devoted to quality of posts and discussion rather than posting for posting's sake. It's so refreshing to read through posts that actually make sense and aren't flames or packed full of so many abbreviations it looks like alphabetti spaghetti.

[b]What is it?[/b] The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] I love being able to explain why I like things, and being able to do so while nominatiing things for an award is even nicer, heh. Lovely, innovative idea that I hope we'll see more of in future, hehe.[/color]

[color=darkblue]After so many death threats from so many people...

[b]Who is it?[/b] James

[b]Why are they nifty?[/b] James is nifty for several reasons (most of which have already been stated). He manages to come here every day and do such a wonderful job with everything, and he's still one of the most courteous people I have ever had the pleasure of conversing with. He busts his butt pretty hard around here (which most of us appreciate) and if he doesn't get anything for it, people will be hurt.

[b]What is it?[/b] Adventure Arena

[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] Adventure Arena has come a long way this past year. Since the launch of Kill Adam, quailty (in general) in AA has shot through the roof, providing great chances to take RPing on OB to nice, new level, which I'm sure will only improve over time. All the new threads provide great reading too, giving me a way to wile away the hours when I'm supposed to be doing homework.

[b]What is it?[/b] OB Anthology

[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] OB Anthology, like it's Category mate, Adventure Arena, has become a source of quality threads, such as The Reanimatrix, 55 Fiction, and several others. A place with so many great writers and great moderation deserves some kind of honor.

[b]Who are they?[/b] Panda and Lore (aka Teh Sara)

[b]Why are they nifty?[/b] Panda and Lore are nifty because they mod Otaku Lounge. I could stop there (and everyone would understand why), but I shall go on.

Being able to moderate a place where threads of poor quailty spring up numerously every day and actually not be overwhelmed is admireable. Added to that fact, they're both uber-cool people that are extremely nice and courteous, and I love them both dearly. *hugs them*

[b]Who are they?[/b] Dagger IX1 and Solo Tremaine

[b]Why are they nifty?[/b] They mod Anime Lounge. Enough said.

But seriously. Both Dagger and Solo work their butts off keeping AL spam free, having to deal with the more stubborn members who register here, often times. AL is also probably the forum that gets the most traffic here, so being able to keep it the way they do is, for lack of better articulation, "o.o;".

That's all I can think of at the moment.[/color]

[size=1][size=2][b][font=Trebuchet MS]What is it?[/font][/b][/size][font=Trebuchet MS][size=2] The Arena

[b][size=1][size=2]Why is it nifty? [/size][/size][/b][size=1][size=2]RPGs on Otakuboards have become increasingly impressive overtime, and are becoming a larger part of the site. The Arena, in hosting these RPGs, in a very nifty place indeed. New ideas are being implemented all the time, and it'll be interesting to see how RPGs in the Arena evolve.

[b]What is it? [/b]James

[b]Why is it nifty? [/b]I'm sure James will have a spot in the Nifty Fifty, but I thought I'd nominate him anyway. He donates generous portions of his time to the OB and the Otaku Network in general, and definitely deserves credit for it. For directing this site (hence his title) James is obscenely nifty.

[size=1]More later, hopefully.[/size][/size][/size][b][size=1]
[/size][/b][/size][/font][/size]

[size=1][b][center][size=2]Chibihorsewoman [Member][/b][/size][/center]

Love her or not, Chibihorsewoman was the most talked about member of the year. Her countless threads in the Otaku Lounge have injected new life into the forum. A lot of members complain about the lack of interesting threads in Otaku Lounge, but few very actually step in and create topics of their own. Well that?s exactly what Chibihorsewoman did, and that?s why she?s nifty.

[b][size=2][center]The Ladies of Team Hanzo [Members][/center][/b][/size]

Arcadia, terra and Lady Asphyxia created a triple-threat for spam in the newly-refined Team Hanzo. With their combination of intelligence, patience and genuine love for the boards they helped ease the forum?s awkward transition period into what it is today. In the second half of ?04 Arcadia took over my role as Team Leader, pushing the quality of the forums into an ever higher level, and breathing new life into OB Anthology.

[b][size=2][center]OtakuBoards Fan-Fiction[/center][/size][/b]

Although Solo Tremaine did not invent the OtakuBoards Fan-Fiction, he [I]perfected[/I] it. His more recent posts in ?Enter the Net? have spawned a slew of imitators, each ranging wildly in terms of quality. This is one trend that is sure to continue well into the next year.

[size=2][b][center]Literati [Computer Game][/b][/center][/size]

Literati is quite possibly the most addicting computer game in history. Need proof? Just look at how many OB-ers welcomed the crossword puzzle masterpiece into their hearts. Nowhere is this more evident on myOtaku, where a massive Literati tournament was even organized. Very rarely does something come along that attracts people from so many different corners of the Otaku-verse, but this was one of those.

[size=2][center][b]Cliché [RPG][/b][/size][/center]

Of all the great RPGs created in 2004, I think DDG?s ?Cliché? got lost somewhere amid all of the excitement. This was one of the most refreshing RPGs I had seen in quite a while, and wasn?t afraid to have a little fun at its own expense.

[center][b][size=2]Anime Stereotype High School [RPG][/b][/size][/center]

With a little creativity and wit, Solo dusted off an old concept of mine and breathed new life into it. The sign-ups alone were worth it, but it was the post themselves that really caught the attention of everyone on the boards. Just because an RPG isn?t meant to be serious doesn?t mean that the quality has to suffer, and that?s really what this incarnation of ASHS was all about.

[b][center][size=2]Vicky [Member][/b][/center][/size]

Vicky is quite possibly the most overlooked member in The Arena, and her excellent contributions to RPGs and threads aren?t very difficult to notice. It?s her willingness to step up to any type of writing challenge -- being a superhero in one project while taking on the persona of a Roman soldier in another that makes her so awesome.

-Shy[/size]

What is it?: All the memebers that made people who were depressed feel better.
Why was it nifty?: Because good deeds deserve to be rewarded.

What is it?: Bio
Why was it nifty?: He came up with the coolest avi's (send me one please)]

What is it?: Dragon Warrior
Why was it nifty?: because he is one of the best memebers on this board

What is it?: Beoruhn
Why was it nifty: Despite the fact that none of his RPGs took off, he was still a good sport and helped other people

What is it?: Aprales
Why was it nifty: because it was a very popular thread and everyone seemed to love it. (It was NOT because it was one of my RPGs)

What is it?: Bikini Bandits
Why was it nifty?: Because it made tons of people hit the floor laughing off their @s$.

What is it?: The Otakuboards
Why was it nifty?: because without it, I would actually have to develop a life offline.

That's all I have for now.

What is it? Siren (Member)
Why is it nifty? Alex is my big brother to Otakuboards. They say what doesn?t kill you makes you stronger. I remember back when I was a newbie, Alex kicked me on my *** for a few threads. I picked myself up as best I could? now look at me!

Why is it nifty? Siren is what this board needs MORE of! He?s an incredible member with endless spunk, and not the dirty kind! He really cares about people?s opinions without being afraid to share his own

Why is it nifty? He?s a man with a vision. A Star Wars vision. His RPG is one of the greatest that I?ve seen based on the classic series since Kane?s old collaboration. He?s really going to change things around here.

Why is he nifty? Siren was my go-to guy back when I was a moderator. He was my confidant, the guy who I could always talk to me. Alex and I have always been open about sharing our ideas and issues with eachother. I could really see myself growing to love him? in a perfectly legal manner.(If I were a gay man, I'd want to have nakie time with Alex)

Why is it nifty? Alex really takes the post quality of the board to a new limit. He really shows the novices of the board what they can expect. In particular, I recommend checking his work in the Anthology. He is always full of radical ideas and he pulls them off with incredible detail and care.

What is it? The Anthology (sub-forum)
Why is it nifty? It took the disorganized mess that was the literature lounge and pulled it together. This sub-forum is the hottest part of Otakuboards. The creative energy going in this is incredible, some of the work here could easily be novel-worthy.

Why is it nifty? Siren is probably one of the most influential members of Otakuboards merely in the legacy that he has created around himself. He is respected and feared for his opinions, vicious and profoundly wise. He deserves a spot up there with the founders of the board in my personal opinion.

What is it? Rebel Scum (RPG)
Why is it nifty? Because it combines the greatest series known to man (Star wars) with the best writing on the Adventure Square, bar none.

Edit: thought of a new one!

What is it?Siren (member)
Why is he nifty? Siren is a man of the people, who cares about giving back to his community. Siren does not support terrorism. Siren not only is doubleplusgood, but he is a fan of [i]both[/i] pirates and ninjas... vote siren..

[color=hotpink][size=1][b]What is it?[/b] Queen Asuka and PiroMunkie=Three Years!
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] Well, I'd have to say that it's pretty freaking awesome that our marriage is three years strong. We weren't the first, but we were definately the ones that lasted. We won OB Best Couple all three years in a row. Our children are not other members of the OB and we actually have family portraits. I'd have to say there must be something to our friendship that it just keeps going on strong. Yay for OB Marriage.[/color][/size]

[Color=DarkBlue][Size=1]Man, I totally forgot about this up until now. I'm such a loser sometimes. Heh. Here we go with my "Nifty 10"

What is it? [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=45087]A Macaroni and Cheese Poem[/URL]
Why is it nifty? Well, if you can make macaroni and cheese sound like a four course meal, I'll nominate your thread too. This was a very funny and well written poem. I give Charles two spoons up.

What is it? The OB Staff
Why is it nifty? Let's see, for startes, they keep the we all call home clean as a whistle and tight as an army formation.

They also give up their valuable free time to keep this place a place of fun and sun.

(Well maybe not sun, but you get the picture, right?)

There are so many more, but I'll just leave it at that.[/size][/color]