OtakuBoards

First Theatre Trip?

Brasil

I was reading Panda's myO, and she mentioned Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. That movie is meaningful to me in a very weird way.

It was the very first movie I ever saw in theatres. My Aunt Carol and my Dad took me to see it. They wanted to make sure they took me to a movie I'd enjoy...and boy, they wished they were wrong, lol.

Let's just say that a 5-year-old standing on the seat, chanting "MAX MAX MAX MAX!!!" isn't going to be appreciated by the other audience members there, lol.

So, I'm asking a few questions here. What was the first movie you went to see in theatres? How old were you? And what can you remember about the experience?

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]First time I went to the movies, I think I was 3 years old, and my Mum took me. I remember the theatre was this big performing arts complex thing, and looked like someone had just layed a cinder block on it's side, lol. Ugly. And. Grey.

The film we saw was the movie version of 'Blinky Bill', a TV show based on some semi-famous Australian books. I remember nothing of it, lol, I only remember the trip to, and the fact we sat [i]right[/i] down the front on my insistance. My mother fell asleep too.... oh well, lol. I haven't even heard of the movie since. XD[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I can't even remember. I don't know how anyone could lol.

The earliest time I can remember going to the theater, it had a preview for that horror film Dolls. I hate dolls.

Thunderdome is such a completely awful movie. :animesigh

[SIZE=1][COLOR=#FF0066]Well this is the first movie I can remember seeing in theaters, was technically the Lion King when I was like 7 or 6. I loved Timon and Pumba skits and Mufasa's death was actually pretty dramatic to me as a kid. I'll alaways remember the song "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts deedle dee there they are standing in a row, big ones, small ones, ones the size of your head!" Is classic to me. But yeah, I went to see it with my friend Nikki at the time. It's funny, I've loved movies ever since then. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=Gray][b]The first movie[/b] I saw in the theatres was the disney rendition of Beauty and the Beast.

I remember it was in this dinky little theatre down near Sumner, funnily enough, that theatre is still there, putting up it's good fight against all the multiplexes that have sprung up lately. lol.

I can remember going in, watching the movie, and thinking that by the time I got outside, it would be dark. I guess that's because I was sitting for what seemed like forever in a darkly lit room. (well, an hour and a half was eternity for a kid of my age, heh)

[/color]
[/size]

[quote name='Zenju][size=1][color=Gray][b]The first movie[/b] I saw in the theatres was the disney rendition of Beauty and the Beast.[/color'][/size][/quote]

Yep. I'm sure that I saw movies in the theater before Beauty and the Beast, but this is the first movie I actually remember seeing in a theater. I remember thinking that it was going to suck, because I thought it would just be gushy romance and whatnot. I got a really kickass movie, instead. Might be my favorite Disney movie, I don't know.

I [i]do[/i] know that I booed Gaston like crazy. :D (And secretly wished that I could steal Belle.)

[color=indigo]The first movie I was ever taken to was [b]Return of the Jedi[/b] and my parents tell me that I fell asleep half way through the flick.

The first movie I remember seeing in the movie theater was [b]Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade[/b]. I am sure I had gone to a dozen movies between the ages of three and nine but I clearly remember going to my buddies birthday party and watching this movie. At nine, Indiana Jones was our hero, we must have watched the previous two movies dozens of times and I am sure we all had nightmares about the climactic scene in [b]Raiders of the Lost Arc[/b]. [/color]

[SIZE=1]The first movie I remember watching at a theater was The Lion King. I'm pretty sure that wasn't my first movie theater experience, but it's the earliest I can remember at the moment... I cried, a lot, and thoroughly enjoyed the entire movie. My family was never a very movie going type of people. We generally waited for it to come out on video so I could own it and memorize the lines in the comfort of my own home heh. [/SIZE]

The first movie I remember seeing was I think [I]Aladdin[/I] (the Disney version). I don't remember much, but I do remember the posters and cardboard cut-outs of the Genie and Aladdin and Jasmine... All I know is that my mom and me always went to see the newest Disney movies until I was about 8 or 9. *sigh* What lovely childhood memories.

I also remember bugging my parents for weeks to see [I]Lion King[/I]. heh heh.. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Generic NPC #3']Thunderdome is such a completely awful movie. :animesigh[/quote]
That is what makes it so wonderful...Raggedy Man. :p

Well, I grew up in a home with parents who LOVE going to the movies. When it came time for my brother and I to get our first jobs we both ended up working in the one and only movie theater in my hometown! I guess they just figured they would put us on payroll since we were there so much already.

I have been going for as long as I can remember. I am not even sure what was the very first movie I ended up watching. I can remember going to see ET the Extra-Terrestrial back in, I think, 1982. I remember getting really freaked out when the guys in the radiation-type suits busted into the house. That is as far back as I can remember being in the theater.

Great Siren, now I have Thunderdome quotes on the brain. :animestun

I don't think I can even remember the first movie I saw in the theatre. I was an unusually quiet toddler (mom says the people at daycare centers used to think I was mute), so I wouldn't be surprised if my mom tried to take me into a theatre when I was a baby.

But the earliest movie I can remember seeing is [b]Honey, I Shrunk the Kids[/b], along with a short [b]Roger Rabbit[/b] cartoon that aired just after the trailers. I wasn't particularly fond of the movie, and wanted to see more of that Roger Rabbit character. Needless to say, I had his movie on tape the next day.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Jurassic Park and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III are the two earlier films I can remember, but since both were released in early 1993 I'm fairly sure that neither was my first film. However I can't remember what my first film was so I'll just have to stick with them, Jurassic Park scared the ever-loving crap out of me as a child. TMNT III is quite vague although any time I think about it it brings a smile to my face, subconscious nostalgia I guess. [/SIZE]

the first theater movie I remember seeing was at a drive in, and it was "Nine to Five", that dolly parton movie, lol. according to IMDB that was 1980, and I would have been 7 at the time, lol. the first movie I saw in an actual theater that I remember was "ghost busters" in 1984. I remember it was in celebration of my brother's graduation that we went. and I remember being chastised for commenting on the part of the movie when Venkman commented that it was a shame that Dana's bedroom had nothing happen in it. (I thought it was funny, and apparently I wasn't old enough to get that type of humor, lol)

the first film i can ever remember seing in the theatre....

i guess it would have to be night of the living dead (the original from the 1970's or something) or at least something with the suffix "the living dead". i can remember loving every minute of it. especially when this guy's head got shattered to pieces when he was fired at with a 12-guage shotgun.

My first was Jungle Book when I was, oh, I dunno... maybe 4 years old?

Anyhow, the tiger and snake scared me speechless, so I spent the whole time hiding from them underneath the movie theatre seats cowering.

Needless to say, my parents didn't take me to another movie until I was considerably older and more well-adjusted lol...

James Bierly