OtakuBoards

What upcoming game are you most looking forward to?

Bloodseeker

For me, it has to The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. Morrowind is my favorite game of all time. There were so many things to do, it would have been ridiculous if it weren't so much fun.It took me several hundred hours to do everything.

Bethesda claims that Oblivion is going to be larger and more interactive than Morrowind, and that combat is going to be deeper. I can already see that its also going to be much better looking. And unlike Lionhead, Bethesda has shown an ability to back up their claims in the past. This is going to rock.

Oi, I along with most of the people here, am definetally looking forward to the new Zelda game, though not much can be said that hasn't already.

Ratchet Deadlocked looks to be pretty cool. I dont have a PS2 though. Xbox doesnt have many promising games that I know of, except the strong rumor that Half Life 2 will be coming to it. For the gamecube there is, of course, Zelda, and there may be some cool new Mario game coming out. I dunno. Fire Emblem for the cube may be pretty sweet. For the GBA theres Wario Ware Twisted. For DS there is a whole slew of sweet games, namely Kirby's Canvas Curse.

Well, when I think of upcoming, I think relatively soon. Zelda and Morrowind are both pretty far off for me.

I'm looking forward to a couple of games that should be in stores within a week or so, if not sooner: Area 51 and Psychonauts.

Area 51 just seems like a great sci-fi FPS game. I loved what I played of the demo and it has gotten some really good reviews so far. Xbox and PS2 are getting it first, I think the PC version is coming later.

Psychonauts is from the guy who did such awesome games as Grim Fandango. It's more of a platform game, although with puzzle elements. It has a really bizarre style. I've played the PC demo and will probably get it for that... But it's coming to Xbox and PS2 too.

After that, hrm. I've really been looking forward to the Call of the Cthulu PC game. Kind of looks like Eternal Darkness, but even better.

I've been waiting for Kingdom Hearts 2 for 2 and a half years :animeangr , but that's the most most antisipated game I want for the Ps2 so I will keep waiting I don't care.

For Xbox well I don't see any good games on it all I want from it is Jade Empire that looks like a really sweet game I would enjoy. :devil:

And for Gamecube it's no guesser the new Legend of Zelda game this is the game that is for a regular fan, or a die hard fan of The Legend of Zelda series. :animeswea

I'm going to have to go with the obvious choice and say Final Fantasy XII. It seems to be the biggest diversion from the regular turn based Final Fantasy style they hav ever done, hopefully done well. I think I would have enjoyed FFXI a lot more if it had a bigger single player experience, so it might make sense that XII going for a simulated online world feeling could work well. The story and graphics are always top-notch, so as long as they don't **** up the gameplay too much it should be a good one.

Square-Enix seemed to have combined forcesin order tohone their delaying skills though, so who knowswhen it will actually come out.

I don't know about other game systems, but I definately can't wait for the new Zelda game to come out. Everything I've seen online at Nintendo's site just looks totally awesome. I loved the previous Zelda games. After the Cell shaded format of Wind Waker I'm looking foward to Zelda being back in the original format. Plus the changes in the trailer, like fighting on horseback with your sword and the different monsters, overall it just looks like alot of fun.

Then there is the next Final Fantasy game for Playstation 2. Though I've only seen a little of the graphics, previous Final Fantasy games have been fun to play. With all the different aspects that the previous games have had like guardian forces and most recently the sphere grid which allowed your character to go through many different fighting modes *like gunner, white wizard and so on* I'm really looking foward to what different aspects the new game will have.

[color=#4B0082]Just a reminder for people replying: Listing a few titles and saying nothing else is bad. We want to know [i]why[/i] you're looking forward to games -- lists in and of themselves are boring and spammy, and will be deleted.

Myself, I'm going to have to say the new GCN Zelda has me the most excited. Hopefully there will be playable demos at E3, because I'm really looking forward to finding out more details on how they've expanded the combat system, both with horseback fighting and on foot combat. In the second trailer, seeing Link perform a down thrust was awesome and got me to wondering if Link will have any other new moves. Fighting in TWW was already way more fun than in OOT and MM, so I really can't wait to see how they're expanding on TWW's combat system.

Animal Crossing DS is probably the game I'm looking forward to second most behind Zelda. I poured hours and hours into AC on the GCN, doing everything from arranging furniture in my house to making my own patterns at the Able Sisters' shop, and I can't wait to start over with a new village and with all new things to do. Plus, with the online functionality, maybe I'll even get to visit the villages of some of my friends on OB. I have a feeling ACDS will keep me occupied even longer than the original did.[/color]

I have a whole [I]three[/I] games I look forward to, but sadly all of them will be published in this corner of the world no earlier than next year. *sob*

The first, and the most anticipated to me, is of course[B] Final Fantasy XII[/B]. We don't know great many things about it yet, but I've absorbed every teeny bit of information possible, almost to the point of spoiling myself. The characters, the world, the gameplay, they all just seem so awestriking! Having played the majority of the other titles of the FF-series, I have great expectations towards this twelfth instalment. It seems like it will be the best of them all, but only time will tell...

The second one is [B]Dreamfall[/B], a sequel to what could be the best adventure game ever, Longest Journey. I stumbled upon LJ accidentally when I grabbed it from the budget game shelf, and it turned out to be one of the most unique, thrilling, imaginative and addictive gaming experiences I've ever had. Everything from the main character April O'Ryan to the plot spanning through two worlds to the well-thought gameplay system got me hooked up. I've already played it through twice, which I haven't done in any game outside the FF-series. The sequel Dreamfall seems to be quite a different game, though, as it combines action and adventure, and it has three playable main characters in three different worlds. But to see the locations and characters of the Longest Journey in full 3D and much more advanced graphics is exciting itself. I hope Dreamfall can be up to par with it's precessor.

The third game I'm expecting is[B] Shadow Hearts: From the New World[/B], which is also the newest game announced out of these three. After playing Shadow Hearts: Covenant and getting acquainted to its prequels Koudelka and Shadow Hearts, I see the originality of this series, which makes me want to get to know it better. SH:C was such a great gaming experience for me that I just need more! And since the earlier games in the series weren't published here in Finland, I must wait for the sequel. The third SH has been revealed to have some of the same characters as SH:C, while still telling a whole new story from the point of view of new main characters - a formula of a perfect sequel!

The only problem is that I haven't got anything new to play for almost an year... Well, maybe some unexpected game will cross my path during the while, who knows? But oh boy will 2006 be a great gaming year for me!!!

Absolutely no question. Zelda GCN. I'm convinced that this game will finally live up to my Ocarina of Time expectations.

However, I'm also rather looking forward to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles DS. I feel the GameCube version was underated, as well as unnaproriately realised on that platform. The DS has the whole two-screens thing already worked out, so that problem is already fixed, and quick and easy wireless multiplayer will also add to the package. However, the game has barely even been announced, so here's hoping we get some solid info on it at E3.

I agree with NPC on Area 51, I like the idea, its simple, yet I'm sure there will be plenty of things to kill. But basically I'm looking forward to every FF title ever lol. Sounds vague, but I'm not sure if I'll like 12, or 13, or whatever, but we know the series is gonna go on for a pretty long while and each one will offer us something new. Hopefully 12 will be awesome, but if not, just remember theres always the next to look forward to, and Square Enix will learn from their mistakes and make the games that much better. God knows when they'll actually reach the point of satisfaction, so sit back and play away.

Even I am looking forward to FFXII, which is a large surprise even to me. I've been pretty vocal about why in the past, so I won't bother talking about it here. However, I do hope it turns out to fit what I'm expecting (I expect FF fans will be happy regardless, since they like how it is now lol). It certainly has the potential.

the game im looking forwerd to is coming out this sunday may 1st pokemon emerald. the only reason im looking forwerd to emeraled is because i own all the other pokemon games. so i hope this one will be better.

[quote name='Mario']the game im looking forwerd to is coming out this sunday may 1st pokemon emerald. the only reason im looking forwerd to emeraled is because i own all the other pokemon games. so i hope this one will be better.[/quote]

Well you can hope as much as you want, but ultimately all the Pokémon games are the same with slightly different names on the critters and the towns. Young kids are such an easy target for money milking; you can sell them the same stuff over and over again...

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]I'm really looking forward to the the FPS Pariah. I'm really want to see what the multiplayer is like and from what i've read you can upgrade the weapons which sounds cool. The main feature that I've heard about and like the most is the level editor.You can put what ever you want into the level but nott a overload of thing like 50 vehicles and stuff like that and whenever you play someone elses custom created level you automatically download it onto your harddrive. The graphics look really good to mainly because the people who made the Unreal Tournament series(Digital Extremes) has used the UT grapichs engine to supportr the games. So when i get the extra cash I'll get Pariah.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Sage']Well you can hope as much as you want, but ultimately all the Pokémon games are the same with slightly different names on the critters and the towns. Young kids are such an easy target for money milking; you can sell them the same stuff over and over again...[/quote]

But each new generation of Pokemon games brings something new to the table. In Gold/Silver, you had the addition of of night/day, room decorating, and berries. In Ruby/Saphire,they added Pokemon breeding. I haven't played Fire Red or Leaf Green yet, but I'm sure that they did something new as well.

I really don't care what people say about Pokemon. The show may suck ***, but the videogames are still pretty tight.

No, don't get me wrong, I love Pokémon game(s) as well, but do you really think that few little additions to each new game is worthwhile the whole price of a Gameboy game? Can't you really see how little changes the game designers have done during these dozen or so published games? I have one Pokémon game (Sapphire), and I think it's like I have them all (and yes, I've played some of the earlier games as well).

Okay, now this is getting out of topic, I just needed to answer this...

[COLOR=Navy]The games I'm looking foward to are:

[B]Wanda and the Shadow of (PS2)[/B]

Formerly known as Wanda and the Colossus. If there was one game this generation that I would consider as art, it would be "ICO." This game is being created by the same duo (Fumito Ueda & Kenji Kaido) responsible for ICO. I don't know much about this title but I do know what to expect from the creators. Breathtaking visuals, emotional settings, brilliant puzzles, awe-inspiring music, and an unforgettable storyline.

[B]Conker Live & Reloaded (Xbox)[/B]

The previous Conker on the N64 was one of the greatest and most humorous games I've ever played. On the Xbox it's going to be an even greater game. The remake of the original and the spectacular online mode.
[B]
Zelda Remake (GC)[/B]

Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite games of all time and it's only fair to keep Zelda in its true form. Wind Waker just didn't have that same feeling I received from previous Zelda games, it felt too much of a cartoon. IMO, this is Nintendo's way of apologizing.

[B]Condemned (Next-Gen)[/B]

The most realistic survival horror game ever created. You play as an FBI agent who is tasked to hunt down psychotic serial killers. This isn't a game where ammo is scattered all over the place, this is a real terrifying world. These deranged individuals may look like the undead, but all the people are actually humans whos insanity and living conditions have lent them a horrible visage.

[B]Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox 360)[/B]

The N64 original made me a first-person shooter fan and I can only expect the sequel to be 10x's greater. More stylized weaponry, compelling sci-fi story, unmatched mutliplayer, etc. [/COLOR]

:D

[size=1][color=slategray]I think one of the games I am looking forward to most is Golden Sun 3. I have no idea when it is supposed to be released here... but from what I've heard, it's already been released in Japan. I don't know how accurate that is, though.
I adore the whole series of Golden Sun, and am eager to play the third. I just hope it comes soon enough.[/color][/size]

I'm sorry, Lix, but there has been no information released on Golden Sun's second sequel. I haven't seen any mentions in it in any rpgaming website, and I visit quite many of them. ;)

But I have strong beliefs that such a game will be released sooner or later, simply because the second Golden Sun was left in such a cliffhanger point. I have a hunch that the game will be played from the p.o.v. of [spoiler]Alex, the water adept that opposed Felix and Isaac.[/spoiler]

The game series has great potential, so I wait for the third installment eagerly as well.

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][QUOTE]Originally Posted by [B]Otaku America[/B]

Zelda Remake (GC)

Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite games of all time and it's only fair to keep Zelda in its true form. Wind Waker just didn't have that same feeling I received from previous Zelda games, it felt too much of a cartoon. IMO, this is Nintendo's way of apologizing.[/QUOTE][COLOR=Navy]I don't think that this game is a remake of OoT, while I'd like to say it was because that was one of my favorite games of all time, I'm pretty sure it's not. Electronic Gaming Monthly held an interview with the director, Eiji Aonuma. And he's not even sure of the final title!

Alas, I am off-topic. I too, am looking forward to the new Zelda game, as well. It's new screenshots and online teasers are enough to get anyone drooling. Not to mention the makeover from [I]Wind Waker[/I], and the fact that there is to be more added in to the battles. You can now [SPOILER]battle on horseback![/SPOILER] This new game will surpass the already sky-high standards of the series.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Animal Crossing DS tops Just the thought of playing over wifi and downloading patterns makes me want to play it.

Second would be the New Ratchet and clank game, just because the others were so good. I'm going to play UYA online as soon as I'm done here.

I have to say, though, that I am very skeptical of Perfect Dark Zero. Rare isn't what it was 5 years ago, with many of the people leaving. Have you played Grabbed by the Ghoulies?

The game I am looking foward to most is Destroy All Humans on PS2. I am a big fan of B Grade Movies because I can laugh at them for being so dodgy but the most awesome thing about it is the fact that you are put in the shoes of a single bad tempered, idiotic alien. I also think that the psychic powers could add a certain measure of idiocity to it. I am also looking foward to Ratchet & Clank 4 because I am addicted to 2 & 3.

Hey all, Ryo the Tactician here:

My number 1 looked forward to game, would have to be Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles DS. If any of you go to the CCDS board on Gamefaqs, you'll know I fell in love with the game the first time I saw the commercial. Though I only played it once, over a year ago, I have it on my desktop, screensaver, and I own the soundtrack. I never got a change to really play the game, as I have no consoles. Except my DS. I want this game so bad..you all have no idea ;)

Number 2 would have to be Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones. As you can see by my avatar, I'm a big Fire Emblem fan, and that's high on my list.

What I really want is some good DS games. PSP is owning the portable market in games, and DS really needs some good ones. All they're throwing out is mess like Poker and Pac Pix. Come on, I doubt that's what the fans really want.

Can't wait till E3, hopefully all of us can get some news on our looked forward to games.

~Ryo the Tactician

[COLOR=Navy]What I'm looking forward to would be the new Sonic game coming out. Entitled "[B]Shadow the Hedgehog[/B]". I think it's an original name also. Safe to say it has me excited. But not all from a positive kind. It's also safe to say I'm a bit worried. I saw a few trailers for it, and, well, some elements have me groaning.

It seems the [B]Sonic Heroes[/B] character model is used for Shadow. Not the greatest thing to first see. Why not the [B]Sonic Adventure 2[/B] character model? At least he moved smoother and more naturally then. Bah. Next thing I noticed were the various levels buzzing by. It seemed to be a mixture of the levels from the [B]Adventure[/B] series and [B]Heroes[/B]. More of an observation than a complaint. Next, hte oh-so-controversal gun that Shadow seems to carry. I've had my share of complaint about that. About it not fitting his character, about it contradicting the end of [B]SA2[/B], about it better having an appropriate meaning for it. I'd better not be playing the anthro version of [B]SoF[/B]. But I'm sure this won't be the case, as another trailer had Shadow with a sword, and on a dragon. So my prior suspicions were relived.

Even through my original suspicions, I'm still excited about this game. I hope the plot will actually be good enough to be considered a plot this time. (Unlike [B]Heroes[/B].) But, I'll just have to wait and see, before I make any final decisions.[/COLOR]