OtakuBoards

Plans for Summer 05?

Sol-Blade

[COLOR=DarkRed]First off...hoo boy has it been awhile. I've been so busy with school finishing up, haven't posted in...months almost.

Anyways!

With summer just around the bend, I was curious to know what everyone's plan for summer is!

I personally, am going to be taking a FlashMX animation class until July. I've recently become *obsessed* with Flash animations, wanting to do so many Mario parodies and spin-offs already. But before I can do anything, I actually gotta learn the art first! So I'll be taking a class in which I'll (Hopefully) be able to master some of the basic techniques to create a basic Flash.

In July itself, I will then be going on a month-long trip to my hometown of Honolulu, Hawaii with my two brothers and sister. I plan on catching up with old friends and family, and mainly to see if my old place has changed or not. Those of you that have ever been back to your old home know what I'm talking about...that feeling of if your place has been "violated" or not. I heard my old house was torn down, which is sad because I had alot of memories there...

I'll be coming back around August, at which point I'll process to finish out my summer with a Adobe In-Design/Macromedia Dreamweaver class. I'm determined to learn how to work HTML and eventually get into web design and management.

So...what are YOU doing for summer? :D [/COLOR]

My summer is filled with many weddings and baby showers. I have a couple of weddings to attend and four of my friends are due to have their babies in June and July. Lots of gift shopping for me!

For vacation the only thing I have on the books is to go to Anime Expo during the 4th of July holiday. It will be great since I am looking forward to meeting up with a bunch of online friends from all around the world. It is going to be a blast! If anyone is going to AX and wants to meet me be sure to let me know! :animesmil

Other than that, I am planning on sticking around the house for the remaining summer days. AX is going to probably use up all my fun money. Oh how nice it would be to have a ton of money...

[size=1]I'm jealous of anybody who's going to Anime Expo this summer. One of these years I'm going to make it there, but alas, this summer it is not to be. Instead, I'll be working most of it in order to save up for fall. I'll be studying abroad then and considering the exchange rate, I need all the money I can get my hands on. >_<;;

Besides that, though, I know that I'll probably make a couple little roadtrips here and there to visit friends. Fourth of July weekend I believe one of my friends will make her way to Orlando and we'll go see Say Anything and then watch some crazy O-town fireworks, so [i]that's[/i] going to rock. Mostly, though, I'm just looking forward to many beach trips with my outstanding friends at home. And of course, spending time here. ^_~[/size]

Nothing really major this year. Anime Expo is probably the biggest thing this summer. I'll be going for two days, hopefully. I also hope I'll be alive after those two days, which, considering how utterly tired I was after one day, isn't really a sure bet. I'll also be getting a job during the summer, hopefully at the library. I need money!

This summer will be full of work. I wiil probably have two jobs to get a apartment and also fix my MX-5. but in june/july have a 50th and a wedding to attend. also the last week of july the dreaded frontier days. The city pop with probably triple again :mad: . Too many darn cars and crashy drivers. no room to run at all O well

I'm going to spend this whole summer (which I reckon will be a long and hot one) with my newly-found boyfriend, making shweet love with him. <3

This is my first relationship ever, but I really hope this will last... This summer will tell. ;)

Also, my birthday is coming up fast (it's on June 17th) and I intend to invite my friends from the capital (Helsinki) to visit me in this crubby little town (Lahti) I currently live in because of my studies.

I have no job for the summer (yet), but I guess I'll manage somehow... I'll borrow money from my granny and pay it back when I get my studying loan at September (paying debts from debts... yay :rolleyes: ).

But I really don't care about anything else right now than my bf. I will always remember this summer as the Summer of First Love! Squee!! <3

[COLOR=DarkRed]Ah yes, the Anime Expo. Where is that gonna be held again? Actually, sadly I'm not going so it really won't matter. I just don't have the luxury of attending it this year, too much other stuff to take care of. But there is always next year of course, in which I guarantee you'll see me there for sure. ;)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]My summer is packed with vacations! The first day off of school i'll already have my uncle's wedding to go to. Later in June (i think) i have a week long vacation on a cruise in Alaska, where i get to go dog sledding on a glacier. Then i'm going to Chicago for a couple days on July 4, and spending the week with my dad helping him find a place to move to. Finally, in August the annual family vacation up north (northern wisconsin) for another week. Can't wait![/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][b]I missed Anime Expo last year and was planning on going this year only for the fact that my boyfriend and I broke up which he was the person who was going to get me in for free. Now I have no one to go with :animecry: but I'm focusing on graduating this year and having my graduation party. We'll probably go to Water World in Concord, CA its so awesome and has about 50 water rides, a "fake" beach and river.

Either that or we'll go and party in the city San Francisco! Its only like 45 mins at most away from where I live and theres a bunch of neat places I could check out there. I have to study for finals and finish up reports, after that I'm going to spend time with my boyfriend (not the guy who wouldn't take me to Anime Expo, hah jerk) and just hang out with friends. Exciting? Not really. I'll also being taken some college classes like a HipHop dance class.

[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

My summer shall be spent working at the Florida State Attorney's office (where I actually am at this very moment, on my lunch break...12:19). Granted, I may be the lowest of the lowly, but it beats making frappacinos all summer. I hate frappacinos with a burning passion hot enough to melt frappacinos. And I know I'm spelling frappacinos wrong, but I hate them too much to look up the proper spelling.

I also plan to get a job that doesn't involve making frappacinos once my internship is over.

What I'm really looking forward to is the Lost Millenium pre-release event on Saturday. We get to use the newest Yu-Gi-Oh! set before it's released to the public. I want Wight King's, and lots of them.

I'm going to.. work.. work, do some more work, and last but not least: Make money. Oh how it feels to be old enough to do that. Other than that i'm going to start running with two friends of mine so we're fit to do track next year. It'll be hott. Wohoo for the summer of '05, but '06 summer is what i'm looking forward to. ^^

[COLOR=Indigo]This summer...Whoah nelly. As with many people, I'll be working. Probably working at a doggy daycare T_T; Hey, wherever I can get money. *shrugs* I WOULD go to Anime Expo, but there's the whole money issue and my parents wouldn't let me go alone because I'm underage. (I'm 17) There's also a little issue called No. Driver's License. grr.

I'll also be at play practice with school. We're doing a Midsummer Night's Dream and we're taking old English classes. o_0; *shrugs* So much for a relaxing summer.[/COLOR]

I'm actually going to Belize on a mission trip for ten days at the end of June this summer. After that, it's all free for...well...the basic doing nothing, but that's ok because it's the last summer before I head off to college!!

This summer, I plan to take a week off and relax in Destin, Florida, where the sand is white, the sun is shining, and you can be up to your waist in water and still see your toes. I'm not exaggerating. After that, probably be a bum and, if I'm not watching anime, then I'll be posting on the otaku boards. Not too much for a summer, but I've been stressed and need to relax. ( I do feel some envy for those of you who are going to the anime exposiition, though. Oh, well, have a good time and make sure you tell us about it)

Guest FBI_chick
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO THIS SUMMER NOW THAT SCHOOL IS OUT? For me"sadly" I have summer school. I would like to get a job or go out with friends. But NO! have to passed a class that I fail. Which is not cool. So I hope you guys have something better than my summer that you have plan. LUCKY YOU!

[COLOR=DarkRed]Edit: I have combined your thread with the existing thread about plans for summer vacation. Be sure to check for a current thread before starting a new one. If you have any questions please PM myself or any of the other moderators. Thanks! ~Panda[/COLOR]

[color=darkslateblue] Ah, summertime. I love you.

I'm going to Duke for a three-week academic camp called TIP. It sounds hella lame and boring when I describe it, but this is going to be my third time going, and the time I've spent there has been the best times of my life. I adore it, really... I've made closer friends there in a short amount of time than the ones that live in my city and the classes are really great. Granted, my last class wasn't that excellent, but I have high hopes of the Contemporary Literature class I'm going to take this year. So I'm extremely excited about that...although it starts June 12th. *sigh*

Until then, I'm lounging around. I usually walk to the park and play tennis or something with my friends, stay on the computer, watch TV, or play video games. But my mom signed me up to volunteer with handicapped kids through June 1st-10th, so I'll actually have something to do until TIP.[/color]

I've got no real plans at the moment, other than I need some money for uni and I've got to tickets for a big music festival in august, so Blackjack and I will be kincking back with some rocking live tunes and some beers.

[size=1]I'm gonna' go tanning at the beach with a bunch of friends. I'm already tan, so I'll probably just go surf or somethin.. I might just go find some shade and take a nap, but I'm still really keen on the tanning and surfing idea, lol.

God, I [i]love[/i] Southern California!

--Lan[/size]

See more new movies on my off days from work, hang out with friends, workout and lose more weight until my next alma mater's homecoming game.... et cetera, et cetera :excited: :wave: :rotflmao: [IMG]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v299/defbug/animated/dancing_gir.gif[/IMG]

Well for now I have my final exams in June and July :animenose :animestun, and I have to find a job because I still need to a bit more money :rolleyes:
And then in August if everything turns the way I expect to turn my vacations will beguin with my big trip to Canadá all alone....awwww can't wait!! :animesmil :catgirl: :p ;)

I only have two real plans: school and the Intonation Festival. There's also Lollapalooza, but I can't afford that.

Intonation sounds awesome though. I already have my tickets ($22 for two days if you got in on the pre-sale). There's some good stuff there:

Tortoise
Death From Above 1979
The Go! Team
Broken Social Scene
Four Tet
Magnolia Electric Company
AC Newman
The M?s
Head of Femur
The Decemberists
Les Savy Fav
The Wrens
Deerhoof
Andrew Bird
Out Hud
Xiu Xiu
Dungen

There's a couple there I don't recognize (Head of Femur?), but there's also some more recognizable ones like Death From Above 1979, The Decemberists and The Wrens. The line-up is pretty fantastic, I think.

[COLOR=Orange][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I am going to be real busy this summer, with school and tennis lessons and i also get to go to Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm with friends and family. I am also going to be senior. So next year is going to be a wild and hopfuly great year. I hope to accomplish all my dreams, but while i am on summer vacation have as much fun as possible because you never know what you will miss. Summer is a chance to relax and be a kid again and i am going to be a kid than ever. :catgirl: [/FONT] [/COLOR]