OtakuBoards

Guild Wars

Drix D'Zanth

[color=#4B0082]With prices on the new Tombs greens plummeting along with their drop rates, not to mention how hard it is to find a decent group that'll actually clear the place, I've resorted to solo farming. I didn't want to, and had avoided doing so in the past (even though I knew it could be done without too much trouble in some areas), but it's finally come down to this: Solo farming, or not getting my fissure armor for probably another couple of months.

So where do I farm? Outside Augury Rock in Prophet's Path, mostly, killing the minotuars and griffons just southwest of there. I'd heard about the place getting its drops nerfed, because so many people started farming there, along with the place being majorly exploited by bots, but I decided to try it anyway. So, while you don't get the same level of cash as you could before, I was still surprised at just how much faster it is than pretty much any party-based farming of higher level areas. I'd get the same amount of money as a Tombs run (3k-4k, not counting any ecto or green drops), except it would take me an hour and a half less time.

Now, having made around 70k in maybe five days, I decided I'd post the build I use, and how to do it, here. Since I know there are more than a couple people in the guild who are short on cash. If you have an ascended warrior and are willing to endure some hours of repetitive farming (I listen to music while I do it), it's stupidly easy to make enough money for 15k armor or whatever it is you're looking to buy.

[b]The Character[/b]

You'll need an ascended Warrior/Monk to use this build. If you have a warrior but his/her secondary isn't monk, that's easily changed. Just go to Seeker's Passage in the desert and do the Monk's Path quest to change your secondary to monk. (You can change back and forth freely, so don't worry about losing the skills of your current secondary.) If you do have to change, you'll need 2 or 3k gold to buy the necessary skills, but that's not overly hard to scrape together.

[b]The Equipment[/b]

Armor from Droknar's is a must. The type of armor doesn't matter overly much -- though the best set is all Gladiator's, except for an Ascalon helm -- so don't worry about it too much so long as you're not running around in Denravi/Amnoon armor.

An axe is required for this build. There are also sword builds which can get the job done, but axe is the easiest and most efficient. If you don't have a decent axe, you can get a good collector one from either [url=http://216.86.149.248/wiki/Brandon_Harlin][u]Brandon Harlin[/u][/url] or [url=http://216.86.149.248/wiki/Sir_Pohl_Sanbert][u]Sir Pohl Sanbert[/u][/url], both in the desert. Either or those will work just fine.

You'll also want a 16 armor shield. Mods on it aren't critical, but they help. If you can manage to get your hands on five Bleached Shells, you'll be able to get a great collector shield from [url=http://216.86.149.248/wiki/Lord_Dorn_Lendrigen][u]Lord Dorn Lendrigen[/u][/url], but those are pretty hard to find and expensive to buy.

[i]Update:[/i] I came up with a build for solo farming the Sand Wurm near Heroes' Audience. Takes about five minutes from stepping outside to killing the wurm with it, and that's how I got enough shells for my shield. IM me or ask me in game if you'd like the details; I don't feel like writing it all out at the moment.

[b]The Attributes[/b]

Attributes can be tweaked as you see fit within a certain range, so I'll just post what I'm currently using. If you think something else would work better for you, try it out.

Healing Prayers: 10
Strength: 6+1 (minor rune)
Axe Mastery: 8+4 (helm, superior rune)
Tactics: 11+1 (minor rune)

Preferably, I'd have a tactics helm and superior tactics rune, as tactics counts for more than axe mastery does for dealing damage with this build. But this works perfectly fine. Also, I have a major vigor and major absorption runes, but minors (which aren't too expensive at the trader) should also work. Things will just be a bit harder.

[b]The Skills[/b]

Again, the exact skills can be tweaked somewhat to suit what you think works best, but there's a few core skills that are needed. This is what I use:

Cyclone Axe
Bonetti's Defense
Gladiator's Defense (elite)
Endure Pain
Sprint
Vigorous Spirit
Live Vicariously
Mending

Cyclone Axe, Bonetti's Defense, Vigorous Spirit, Live Vicariously, and Mending are the core of this build. Those are what keep you alive. Gladiator's Defense is your main damage output as well, so while it's not absolutely necessary, farming will take way longer without it Endure Pain is for when something goes wrong, or when you need a boost of health while herding mobs together. Sprint is for avoiding enemies you don't want to be fighting.

If you don't have Gladiator's Defense, it can be captured from the Facet of Strength in the Dragon's Lair mission. It's a great elite for tanking as well as soloing, so I'd definitely go cap it if you don't already have it.

[b]The Execution[/b]

Time to put the build into action. Step out of Augury into Prophet's Path, and cast Mending on yourself. Wait for your energy to regen back to 20 or so, then cast Live Vicariously on yourself. With these two enchantments active, you'll have zero energy regen -- but that's okay.

Head out along the path and run past the nearby Rockshot Devourer. (Do [i]not[/i] try to fight Rockshots at all. If there's some attacking you from a distance while you're fighting other things, that's fine, but they lay traps that will take you down fast if you get close to them.) Don't bother Sprinting, as it'll stop following you after a bit anyway.

You should see two or three minotaurs bounding towards you; aggro them so that they start chasing you, but keep running until the path opens up. Take a left just before after the first stone pillar, and you'll see another two or three minotaurs coming towards you. Aggro them and let both groups of minotaurs start hitting you. As soon as they're all attacking you, use Gladiator's Defense, then cast Vigorous Spirit, then use Cyclone Axe. (If there are Rockshots attacking you, wait one or two seconds in between Vigorous Spirit and Cyclone Axe, or else you run the risk of being interrupted.)

Did you see what just happened to your health? Live Vicariously and Vigorous Spirit will both give you 10 health each every time you attack something, and when you hit a big mob of enemies around you with Cyclone Axe, they give you 20 health for [i]each enemy[/i] you hit. With a four second recharge on Cyclone Axe for a ton of life each time, plus Mending to keep you topped off, you should rarely drop below 50% health.

So, after using Gladiator's Defense and Vigorous Spirit, hit Cyclone Axe, wait for it to recharge, then hit it again if you have the energy. At this point, Gladiator's Defense should be wearing off, so use Bonetti's Defense -- do you see what's happening to your energy? Bonetti's Defense is an adrenaline based stance with a 75% chance to block attacks. And for each melee attack you block, you gain five energy. With a large mob of enemies attacking you, it's easy to go from empty to full energy in no time at all. This is why you don't have to care about the two upkeep enchantments bringing you down to zero energy regen.

Now that you have energy again, hit Cyclone Axe once more, then [i]immediately[/i] use Bonetti's Defense again. This is extremely important, because using a skill -- such as Cyclone Axe -- cancels Bonetti's Defense. And in large mobs, without that 75% block rate, you'll quickly get eaten alive. But how can you use Bonetti's Defense twice in so little time? Remember, Bonetti's Defense is an adrenaline based skill, so by hitting everything around you with Cyclone Axe, you gain enough adrenaline to use it again right away. Or, if there aren't enough enemies around you to instantly charge it up, don't worry. That means there are too few enemies to kill you so long as you keep attacking and getting those 20 hit points back each swing, along with the three health regen from Mending.

Again, auto attack until Cyclone Axe recharges, hit Cyclone Axe, hit Bonetti's Defense. Rinse and repeat until Gladiator's Defense recharges. When it does, put it on, then recast Vigorous Spirit, which should just be wearing off. Use Cyclone Axe twice until Gladiator's Defense wears off, then go back to alternating between Bonetti's Defense and Cyclone Axe. That's really all there is to it.

Those minotaurs are the first of three mobs I kill. This screen shot shows the path I take, and the three places I stop to fight. The first, obviously, is the minotaurs and is the smallest. The second is the largest, and you should be able to herd together three or four groups of griffons and minotaurs nearby. The third is all griffons; there should be two or three mobs around there that you can herd together.

[URL=http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gwgriffonrun4ta.jpg][IMG]http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3535/gwgriffonrun4ta.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[b]Action Shots[/b]

Here's a few more screen shots, for the heck of it.

[URL=http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gwgriffonrun28rk.jpg][IMG]http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1602/gwgriffonrun28rk.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gwgriffonrun31cq.jpg][IMG]http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1263/gwgriffonrun31cq.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gwgriffonrun45xt.jpg][IMG]http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2749/gwgriffonrun45xt.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[b]Edit:[/b]
I've made some changes to the build since posting this, and have gotten it to take less time. But I don't feel like going through and making major changes to the post, so I'll leave people to tweak things on their own if they like. Being able to come up with your own solo builds (not that this one was completely mine, but I've worked on some others from scratch) is a good skill anyway.

[b]And Again:[/b]
Heh, looks like they got sick of so many people making money off these things. Most of the griffons have been replaced by scarabs in the last update, so this run doesn't work so well anymore. But the build still works for soloing other similar enemies.[/color]

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like I'm in need of a guild again my current has once again drifted apart while I was busy at work the past three weeks for some reason it always seems when I take a vacation or have many days of straight work everything goes to heck. :animesigh

My main is Jorn Wolfgang W/R at the moment my job has just moved to a new area so I'm breaking in a heck of a commute so will most likely only be seen on the weekends with an occasional hour or two on during weekdays. I only have three hours available a night with this new commute so most of that is spent cooking and relaxing if you guys don't mind a weekend warrior (pun intended) please send me an invite as all my other online buddies seemed to head off to WoW for some reason and I'm now ready to join, Thanks. :animeswea

[color=#4B0082]I finally got my Fissure of Woe armor for Arik yesterday. No longer am I forced to be naked in order to get the energy boost of the Ascetic's set. Check it out:

[URL=http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arikdesbrekofow4lr.jpg][IMG]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6259/arikdesbrekofow4lr.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Funny thing about FoW armor is that it doesn't dye like other things do. When I used a purple dye on it at first, for example, it turned green. To get this shade of purple, I ended up using a yellow-green-green-silver combination. The silver, and I'm assuming black, are the only dyes that act normally.

On the other hand, my scalp pattern only needed purple-silver to get it the same color.[/color]

As per usual...I'm [i]considering[/i] joining up in Guild Wars again. Everything on the home-and-schoolfront seems to have leveled out. I know I haven't played since August, of last year... But, i'm thinkin' about it, since there's still no monthly charge, lol. Talys may rise again. n_n
...If you'll have me. lol

[Font=Arial]You know, I was thinking. The guild itself is big enough now, we need to start taking part in guild battles. We've got two or three great character builders here and with their help we could really start to build up a team from the ground up.

With Factions on the horizon, what better way to bring it in than make the end tournament? We could go all the way if we really put our time into it.

Anyone else with me?[/font]

[color=#4B0082]I would be all for more GvG except that, while the QKT has a good number of members, most of them haven't signed on in a month or more. I don't think I've seen anywhere close to eight members on at the same time in months. Which kind of led to yesterday's developments, which I figure I should post here as well as in game to let people know.

I ended up leaving the QKT. Yeah, I know, I had a lot of fun in the guild, but its activity dropped off so much than I've just been playing with henchies or PUGs (pick up groups) 90% of the time for a good while now. Which, while it's still fun, is just not what I'm looking for in the game. Signing on day after day to see that, "Oh, I'm the only one online," gets old. So while I'm plenty interested in partying with friends from OB here whenever you guys are playing, I'd like to get more out of the guild I'm in.

So I joined the guild Fifteen Over Fifty [Rare] which was made by some friends I'd met in game a while back while doing Sorrow's Furnace runs. (The name refers to the elusive "Damage +15% while above 50% health" mods on weapons.) It's actually very similar to the QKT, only with more active members. Main focus seems to be on PvE, though we still do some PvP, which is just how I like it. And everyone I've talked to in it has been nice and friendly. I think I'm going to be happy with this guild. ^_^

Be sure to add me (Arik Desbreko) to your friends list, then, to see when I'm online. I've added people from the QKT to mine--or at least those who are still somewhat active. And send me a whisper if you're interested in doing something together. I can even still join you guys for GvG through guest invites, if enough members get online to do it.[/color]

[font=franklin gothic medium]At this point I'm not sure what to do with our guild. I am thinking that it may be better for me to simply leave and perhaps join Desbreko's new guild. But if I leave, the guild dies - unless, of course, I hand it over to someone.

So basically I guess I'm willing to offer the guild to new ownership, if someone wants it. There are many advantages, in the sense that you wouldn't have to pay for an expensive guild hall and capes since they are already in place. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I am not entirely certain if I'll do this just yet, but it is looking likely at the moment.[/font]

Eh my old guild just showed back up the other night or at least the few core officers so I bailed from you all Friday night would have sent a message but no one was on at the time, my bad. I'm always willing to join good fun people for anything so if you guys ever want to hook up and play together or do some PvP or GvG give me a whisper I'm usually ready to play around unless I'm all ready grouped.

Jorn Wolfgang W/R of the 20th season and trusty wolf Rusalka (though at this level the poor pet doesn't see the light of day but once in a blue moon.) I'll toss you on my friends list and when we get our guild restructured I will give you a whisper. :D

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I was very sorry to hear that Desbreko left, because he was always on 24/7 and I had a feeling the guild would crumble. I really dislike the idea of watching QKT fall, I've rarely seen many forums that had its own group within an MMO before. Lately, I've been bored on Guild Wars because I will admit, there is not that many intelligent people to talk too. I think it could work out if we had some kind of event coordinator or something to make people get online more often. More fun events, I think social aspects is what is really lacking within Guild Wars in which lately it seems to be just grinding to the next level or obtaining money is the only objectives.

It's hard to find someone out of the "LOL I PWNED U FoOL" talk that goes on in Lion's Arch and other big cities. I'm even thinking if this guild breaks up, (which I was looking forward to actual talking with fellow OB members) that I should switch to Everquest II. I do have to say this though, there is no point in passing on QKT to another OB member if we're all going to be spread apart. I mean what good is an OB guild without the members? I hope things work out for the best, but I'd love to know beforehand if the guild is being disbanded for sure or not.[/FONT]

That's one of the few things I loved about Phantasy Star Online. That social element, and complete control over your character; Two things GW always lacked. I'll admit, I had some awesome times with the QKT, in the few times I was online, and OB members weren't already busy/offline. Even after disappearing for several months due to job, boredom, and schooling, I'll go so far as to say checking the Guild Status window-thing and seeing "last logged in 4 months ago" and such [i]dominating[/i] the board is a bit disheartening.

I'd love to see the QKT continue on, but realistically, it seems incredibly hard to keep the group together, which makes sense. Hey, even I've contributed to the inactivity.

Also, tonight, GW's offline until 11:30 EST. For an hour this afternoon, the merchants and traders got reset, so as usual, stuff was being sold at a ridiculous price. Only difference was today was abnormally affordable.

[color=#4B0082]Hmm, rolling the game back to before the error happened. I wonder if that means people won't get to keep the stuff they bought during that hour during in which the traders were reset. I was going to say I wished I was online at the time, to stock up on dye and materials, but it may not matter.

But yes, the social interaction was what I was missing as well. Going out and killing stuff, even just to farm for greens, or ecto, or shards, or whatever--it's a lot more fun when you're doing it in a group of people you know, with random banter flying around the team channel in between target calls. You just don't get that from random PUGs, and with there never being more than three people online at a time, it wasn't happening in the QKT like it used to.

I think, though, a lot of people that used to play have just lost interest in the game. Ether that or, in the case of Alex and Adam (Saya on OB here), left in favor of a more PvP oriented guild. Maybe if people get Factions and start playing again, activity will pick up, but I can't see much else helping in that regard. Which makes me kind of sad, because I remember having a lot of fun playing together with Mitch, Warlock, and others that used to be around.

So I hate to say it but I've been having more fun with GW since joining Rare than I've had in quite a while. We've done several runs into the Fissure of Woe, as well as an awesome Underworld run last night. Those areas can be hell when you're trying to get through them with a PUG, but they're tons of fun when you've got a good group of friends.[/color]

That's one thing I do miss from my EQ and EQII days good conversation none of my guilds ever had more then 5 minutes without chatter flowing through the guild lines that's something that bugs me about GW's. I've tried to start up conversations time and again just to hear nothing but static as this is a lot of peoples first mmo I don't think they realise what they're missing out on especially with all the instanced zones as much as I hated all the camping I miss coming across other people in non city zones.

As it is hopefully with the latest restructuring of ours we can get a crowd more interested in being a guild/mini-community one can only hope I guess.

P.S. I'm glad I wasn't the only one wishing they had been on to get good vendor deals. :D

Everything accomplished and/or purchased since 1PM PST, 3/13/2006 has become null and void, according to GW announcements @ the time of the third rollback.

Any pre-req's for this "new", more-active guild? I'm looking to play tuesday nights, and such at [i]least[/i] from now on, mainly PvE. With any luck I might actually have a character that's back up to snuff eventually.

[color=#4B0082]Well, at least it didn't affect me, then. I hadn't played since the previous night so everything was as I left it. Which is good, 'cause I got an ecto on that UW run, and I would've been pissed to lose it.

Pre-reqs for joining Fifteen Over Fifty? If I understand things correctly, you basically just have to not be an asshat like so many other players out there. The guild leader is Carinae Dragonblood, and two of the officers are Savio Striator and Unien Aule. I know Savio and Unien the best, so if you whisper one of them and mention you're a friend of mine and interested in joining, they'd probably let you in. Or if not right away, if you come along for an UW/FoW run or something so they can see you're a competent player, probably after that.

I'll probably be playing tonight as well, so maybe I can weasel you into a group if people are around to do something. :p[/color]

[quote name='Dee][FONT=Trebuchet MS'] I do have to say this though, there is no point in passing on QKT to another OB member if we're all going to be spread apart. I mean what good is an OB guild without the members? I hope things work out for the best, but I'd love to know beforehand if the guild is being disbanded for sure or not.[/FONT][/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]My feeling is that if a more active member took control of the guild, they would have the motivation to go out there and attract more members. So QKT would cease to be an OB-only guild and it would simply become a regular guild where anyone from anywhere could be added.

I'm keeping QKT open for now, but I'm happy to accept suggestions about what we can do. Perhaps some of our last remaining active members would like to become Officers so that they have the power to draw in more new members from elsewhere.[/font]

• 1 month later...
[color=#4B0082]I made Neil an officer before I left, so the guild would still have an active officer. Just so you know.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -[/color]

[quote][12:34:57] Desbreko145: heheh
[12:35:08] Desbreko145: Oooh. *hears coffee grinder out in the kitchen*
[12:35:11] aestenAIM: I just don't have the energy to do it.
[12:35:16] aestenAIM: [/lame GW pun]
[12:35:29] Desbreko145: You're too exhausted. :-P
[12:35:44] Desbreko145: You've been all tapped out. Drained even.
[12:35:47] aestenAIM: I need an Elite glyph, or a Signet to remove my exhaustion.
[12:35:57] aestenAIM: Maybe you could help me!
[12:36:18] Desbreko145: Sorry, I've feeling pretty weak myself.
[12:36:21] Desbreko145: *I'm
[12:36:43] aestenAIM: Damn it.
[12:36:49] Desbreko145: Like someone eviscerated me.
[12:36:54] aestenAIM: Not even take a little bit of my exhaustion?
[12:37:07] aestenAIM: I guess they really spiked you good, then.
[12:37:14] aestenAIM: You got axed in the A.
[12:37:15] Desbreko145: My health just isn't what it used to be.
[12:37:50] aestenAIM: That's sad, because normally you can keep yourself alive pretty well.
[12:38:06] Desbreko145: What can I say? I've got a migraine.
[12:38:37] aestenAIM: I bet that wrecks your concentration, doesn't it?
[12:38:54] Desbreko145: I can't even begin to contemplate it.
[12:39:03] aestenAIM: Keep getting interrupted?
[12:39:18] Desbreko145: Everything's so distracting.
[12:39:46] aestenAIM: That's such a shame. Hopefully you're not getting guilted by it.
[12:40:06] Desbreko145: Nah, but my plans sure backfired.
[12:40:39] aestenAIM: Hope your plans don't get shattered even further.
[12:41:39] Desbreko145: Guess I had too many delusions.
[12:42:10] aestenAIM: What you need to do is have someone help you block them out before they happen.
[12:44:07] Desbreko145: Hmm...or maybe I could just break them.
[12:44:50] aestenAIM: But what happens if things get really savage before that?
[12:45:46] Desbreko145: Gotta be resolved.
[12:46:22] aestenAIM: Resolving it only goes so far when things get wild, though.
[12:47:03] Desbreko145: You're right. I guess I should stick with pacifism.
[12:50:00] aestenAIM: That'll certainly vex people. And some might not be vexed enough. What happens if they get through your pacifist nature?
[12:51:05] Desbreko145: If they push me too far, they'll feel my holy wrath.
[12:51:30] aestenAIM: They could rend your wrath useless, though.
[12:52:29] Desbreko145: I could still smite their *****.
[12:53:02] aestenAIM: How much of a bane to their existence could you be?
[12:54:46] Desbreko145: Oh, I'll scourge them good.
[12:56:07] aestenAIM: What if your scourging power gets spiked?
[12:56:31] Desbreko145: My protective spirit will save me.
[12:57:26] aestenAIM: They might shatter your spirit. Wouldn't that hurt your feelings?
[12:58:02] Desbreko145: Not if I've got an aura of faith.
[12:59:13] aestenAIM: Faith only does so much when there's profane forces of death around you.
[13:02:25] Desbreko145: Then I must turn to sending up orisons.
[13:02:49] aestenAIM: You've got to be careful that someone doesn't divert you.
[13:04:36] Desbreko145: I can escape into a holy veil if they do.
[13:05:23] aestenAIM: They could strip your veil off, then you'd be naked without it.
[13:08:27] Desbreko145: My healing hands will cover me.
[13:10:07] aestenAIM: What happens if your hands get desecrated?
[13:11:18] Desbreko145: Then I guess my healing seed will just have to be exposed.
[13:12:13] aestenAIM: If it gets disrupting chopped off, what would you do then?
[13:12:44] Desbreko145: It would be a simple matter to rebirth it.
[13:13:56] aestenAIM: You're not worried about leaking anything?
[13:15:00] Desbreko145: Oh, it would restore my condition quick enough.
[13:16:06] aestenAIM: What happens if you're still dazed and confused from your migraine earlier?
[13:17:31] Desbreko145: I'm losing a little vital blessing won't hurt too much.
[13:17:37] Desbreko145: *I'm sure
[13:18:10] aestenAIM: Aren't you afraid of getting defiled?
[13:19:42] Desbreko145: I think it's a bit too late for that. You should've seen me bond this guy earlier.
[13:21:15] aestenAIM: Are you saying you are your own lord of your ether?
[13:21:38] Desbreko145: Oh, I'm quite the prodigy.
[13:22:34] aestenAIM: You don't fear getting burned, or getting hit by a surge?
[13:23:21] Desbreko145: I'll ride that lightning.
[13:24:53] aestenAIM: Are you stanced correctly for that?
[13:27:36] aestenAIM: I have to go catch the train.
[13:27:38] aestenAIM: :'(
[13:27:42] Desbreko145: :-/[/quote][color=#4B0082]Yeah, so Alex and I got to "discussing" Guild Wars a bit ago. If you get all of these, I feel sad for you and would like to welcome you to geekdom.[/color]

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

[color=#4B0082][b]Edit:[/b]

Sigh. . . . I never see anyone from OB in game anymore, except for Alex. I've been having lots of fun in Fifteen Over Fifty, but I still miss questing with the old QKT peoples.

Guild Wars: Factions is being released in about five days, on April 28, though. So is anyone else getting Factions? And can I expect to see people around in game again after it's released? . . . Does anyone even read this thread anymore?[/color]

I still occasionally pop round and read the forums or play the game. I've been inactive in GW for almost 4 months now due to becoming almost deadlocked in WoW, raiding 5 instances a week...that's like a 6 day haul. Anyway as I don't have money for WoW at the moment and my credit runs out on the 25th I'll be coming back to GW. My main is still Salmac Neirat and in QKT. I logged on today and noticed that only bout 5 or so people were really active, going by last time logged on. Anyway I won't be buying factions anytime soon, same reason I can't play WoW...that game has ruined my life but I keep going back.

[color=#4B0082]Heh, sounds like what I do with GW. Sometimes I'll play 25 hours or more in a week. I still fit school in, but pretty much everything else just stops for a bit.

Right now, though, I'm mainly just waiting for Factions. I've played Prophecies to death (I've gone through the entire game with five different characters now), so I'm finding it hard to scrape together things to do other than farming.

And I finally managed to track down a pre-order package today! So I'll have access to the Head Start thing, getting to play Factions 24 hours early on the 27th. Apparently there's going to be an [url=http://www.guildwars.com/events/ingame/factionsheadstart.php][u]event[/u][/url] going on that day, so I'm looking forward to that. Because Amelia can never have too many holiday head pieces to play dress up with. :p[/color]

well I'll try to catch you in game. the thing is, that because I live in Australia my prime time is very much different to yours, but there will be times when I play during the actual day. My Character is only up to the River province mission though so I still got a way to go.

[color=#4B0082]You might be surprised; I keep some odd hours sometimes. Like today, I got up at 7:00 PM, so I'll probably be playing for a while some time in the middle of the night.

But yeah, if you see me online, give me a holler and I can home help out in some missions or whatnot.[/color]

I have this game, but have yet to play it. The first is that there's is always someone on our computer. The second being, there's not enough memory on the damn computer(suppose that's my fault, really. I should have checked beforehand) I could solve both those problems by getting my own computer. But of course, I can not afford one.

[color=#4B0082]Okay, so I pre-ordered GW Factions, meaning I was able to take part in the Head Start thing a day early (Yay, Tengu masks!), and then I went and picked the game up yesterday. I started a female assassin by the name of Chloe Namir, and wow, I'm loving the assassin class. I can run in, fire off my five-attack skill chain which seems to be able to take down pretty much anything I've encountered so far short of bosses (it even kills the 100 armor targets in the PvP training area), and then dodge around for a few seconds to shake aggro while my skills recharge. Then I do it again.

It's a very hit-and-run style of play, as opposed to the "get in their face and tank them" style of the warrior, which I really like. I'm usually not doing constant damage, but I can easily slip past the front lines to take out an important caster enemy like a healer or ritualist, then slip back before the enemies can switch targets to kill me.

The new areas I've explored so far are awesome too. Part of the continent is one huge, overgrown city where you get to wander through urban areas populated by random NPCs--both friendly and hostile--as well as roaming baddies. The dark streets of the city, with buildings stretching up to the sky on either side, makes for a great atmosphere, especially when you get into the ruinous undercity.

Unfortunately, however, a bug was found in the alliance system during the Head Start event, so we haven't been able to ally with any other guilds yet. A fix is apparently coming soon, so I'm looking forward to that. I can't wait to see what the rest of Factions has to offer.

Oh, and a pic of Chloe in the new pre-searing-like area of Shing Jea Island:

[URL=http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gwchloenamir1te.jpg][IMG]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/6791/gwchloenamir1te.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

She's since gotten new armor, which looks really sweet, so I'll try to remember and get another shot of her soon.[/color]