OtakuBoards

Animal Spirirts and the Impending war [M-VLS]

digiX

Steve sighed. These people he had been following were as stupid and boring like everyone else. He whatched them in the shadows. With a full stomach ( just finished raiding a fruit stand, you see) he felt content. He flexed his greenish claws, hoping something interesting would happen soon. Steve sat down in his little shadow, waiting, the one names Tommy was cooking, another was meditating. A stupid bunch of people, with a stupid life, and a stupid girl with them. Damn them all.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After they finished they cleaned up quickly and decided if they wanted to make it to the capital on time they should leave now. Tommy quickly gatherd what few things he had and went downstairs where the others were already waiting. Tommy was still feeling odd about the people around him, not that they were bad it's just..... different then normal. Tommy couldn't shake his thoughts of Kiya so he tried to stay in the front of the group so he wouldn't see her directly. They had been walking for roughly an hour when they came up on a hill in the middle of the forest. they climbed up the rugged edge of the hill and as the reached the top they looked out ahead to see a small camp set up in an open field roughly 300 feet ahead. Flint jumped forward "The caravan. Quick if we hurry we might be able to get a ride to the capital." They ran down the smooth terrain to the camp. When they made it down the workers seemed almost like they were expecting them. Fint said he would ask someone for a ride. While Tommy and Kiya waited for Flint to arrive with news as to wether or not they would recieve any help, when something caught Tommys eye. He caught just a glimpse, but he could of sworn he saw something.

"They said that they'd give us a lift to the capitalbut the only problem is they have to make a stop in a town off course adding 3 days to our trip but they said they know a shortcut" Flint said
"whats that" KIya said
"it cuts threw the white wood forest we will get there by nightfall if we start within the hour but..." Flint said
"But what" Kiya said
"a type of spirit called a Whorl lives there they are invisible ghost that move around like whirpools and cause all sorts of mischef if they hit you some cause amnesia other cause werid behavior and the list goes on endlessly" Flint said
"So what are we gonna do" Kiya said
"what do the rest of u think"

Tommy stepped forwarrd "I think we should go for it. it may be dangerous but it will get us there quickly. We just have to keep our wits about us." Flint looked at him and nodded sightly. Tommy glanced his eyes over at Kiya "Of course I can't speak for everyone. I will be going but anyone who dosen't want dosen't have to." tommy was secretly praying that Kiya would vote to go the other way, he didn't want her in that kind of danger though he wouldn't say tht directly so he had to go a round about way of saying it. Kiya looked to Flint "I'll go to." Tommy felt his heart skip a beat though he tried to keep his placid expression. Flint turned to Bleach "What about you?" He looked up at him "I'll do whatever. This place sounds interesting." Striker nodded "Yeah, sounds like there's fun to be had there." Flint let out a sigh "Very well, we will be leaving soon so if your hungry eat now and gather water for the rest of the trip. We leave in half an hour." everyone nodded and and went about collecting what they would need for the long trip ahead.

Bleach stretched his arms and yawned,"Man, its about timething more interesting happens. We have been walking and doing nothing for a while."

I feel ya. We could always go ahead. Cut a path." Striker said with a smile.

"TRue, but I have a feeling that more will come if we stay with the kids." Bleach added before standing up.

"Somehow, I think you are right. Well, you about ready?" Striker stood up and grabbed his weapon.

"Sure. Lets go get the children." Bleach said as they both went to find the others.

" I have a spell that makes invisible ghost visible but my inexperience makes the spell last only an hour" Flint said as they walked right into the woods
"Rolling smoke!" Flint said a rolling fog appeared many whirlpools all different colors
"those are the Whorls see how many they are" Flint said
"Avoid them at all cost" Flint said
"once we an hour passes the whorls will dissapear so you must be very careful" Flint said
"so lets go"

"Aww, why do we have to stay away, I wanna kill them. Come one" He dodged one as they others made it through. "This sucks, invisible ghosts"

Bleach smiled. "They aren't invisble yet"

Flint hurried "the hours almost up, hurry up"

Stiker smiled as he and Tommy dodged two more. "This outta be good"

Steve sighed, of dear, if he can't see the spirits he's passing right now, going from branch to branch, he's doomed. but he can sense their presenses. and that helps, if only a little. Steve used his claws to attack any in his way, good thing they died quietly.

"striker you cant fight these ghost at all touch them and they ifect you you might end up losing all ur memories so dont even are touch them" Flint said just then the spell whore off
"what r we suposed to do if I use the spell they will sense it "
"any ideas"

Striker stuck his sword in one and made a chopping motion. "Stupid ghost die" He saw Bleach do the same, but had the same affects. "I got an idea, these things can't do that much damage. He jumped at one then was sent flying back taking out two trees. "Owww, so this is what it is like to be left for dead on the side of the road" He slowly stood up as Bleach laughed at him. "I fell to bad, just kinda dizzy. Need to eat that will make everything better." He smiled at Bleach. "think you could do better?"

Bleach nodded and jumped into one and was sent back taking out three trees. "Dagn't you knocked down more than I did"

Bleach got up slowly and stumbled his way to the wagon along with Striker. "That just means your fat"

Striker laughed then fell to the ground and laid there. "Help me up, my belly is too big"

The spell waned out and the ghost dissapeared
"yur lucky your blades touched the Whorls instead of your skin" Flint said "touching a whor with a weapon will make it teleport" flint said as he took a step forward Kiya Kiya felt something trip her a chipmunk had scurried in front of her and she fell down
"Owie that hurt" Kiya said whining
"huh" flint said as he turned around Kiya was knee heghit with short black pigtails and a sliver dress
"uh oh she tripped right into a adolesant Whorl making her young again lucky it will only last an hour" Flint said as he sighed and picked Kiya up
"How old are you" Flint said
"I'm 5 hee hee" KIya said

Tommy couldn't help but feel un easy. He coudl feel the chills, like they were surrounded, but even stranger he kept getting the strange feeling tha they were being followed. everytime he turned around he'd always see something else and lose sight of where the source was. Not only that, but now Kiya had gotten hit by one oof the things and was acting lie a child again. The chills kept rolling "Man this place sucks ." Tommy proclaimed. Flint looked back at him "Well if you don't like it why did you come?" Tommy hiked his coat up and didn't respond to Flints taugnting question. Ever step of the way he felt that something was right on them but he never saw anything. He decided til he knew for sure not to worry anyone else with this since it might be nothing but his paranoia.

Striker saw something go from the trees to the top of a caravan. "I think I know why we all feel like something is following us" He shoved his hand through the canvas and brought Steve dwon by the back of the throat kicked and swinging widly. "Hey look I got one" Striker dropped Steve and began to laugh. "Hey tommy, founjd us a pet"

"huh?" Kiya said pulling on Tommy's pantleg he picked her up she yelped at steve like a puppy she snezzed and turned into a wolf puppy
"atleast that might now she'll be easier to handel KIya yelped playfully and barked around FLint and TOmmy tugging on their pantleg she gave a puppy smile but then something strange happened she howled and the whorls appeared dancing around kiya but not going near her
" huh what the" Flint said he looked at a nearby pound Kiyas reflection was showing it liped
"Come out and play come out and play"
"strange maybe young animal spirits dont have a deffinte power" Flint said
"I wonder.. hmmm"

Tommy only felt more uneasy with this situation "Why is this happening? Why aren't they moving in on her?" Flint looked at him and just shrugged. Tommy looked back to Striker "What are we going to do about our guest there?" Striker looked at Tommy "Not sure yet. Don't worry, I think of something." Tommy smirked and drew his attention back to the situation at hand. He reached out to try and get hold of the child like Kiya but when he did the spirits reached for him. Tommy feeling concerned for everyones saftey "Well, we have to do something before this turns ugly." Flint looked at him "I agree, But what?" Tommy looked at Kiya again "I'm still trying to figure that one out."

"the Whorls came close to KIya but never touched her they seemed to be protecting her from everyone else whenever anyone approached they lashed out
"well what are we to do" Tommy asked
"as least they arent touching her" Flint said
"So lets worty about our uninvited guest for now" FLint said

Tommy nodded to Flint and walked toward Striker who was managing to subdue the struggling visitor. tommy in no mood for games "Why are you following us, and it better be a real good reason." Tommy made a slight move for his wan-dou. The guy just stared up at Tommy with a deep anger and resentment. Tommy returned the glare "Well, do feel like talking." Still the guy stood silent. tommy turned to Flint "Well, he's not much of a talker. Guess you'll be coming with us." Tommy looked to Striker and Bleach "Tie him up good and make sure he doesn't make any sudden moves or slight ones for that matter. When he feels like talking we'll consider letting him go." Tommy turned and faced Flint "I guess we got another problem huh." Flint looked back at Tommy "I guess so." They both looked at each other then back at the cub like Kiya "Now what do we do about this?" Tommy said in a depressed tone. Flint looked around as if looking for inspiration "I still am at a loss." Tommy sighed "do you think that she'll change back even with those things surrounding her." Flint shrugged seeming unsure "Maybe." Tommy looked to Flint "That helps."

Tommy panned the area looking to Kiya, then Flint, then Striker Bleach and our new friend. Finally Tommy noticed something about the edges of the whorls, they seemed to sway. tommy turned to Flint " Do you think that if one of us launched a quick attack on the whorls they'd disperse long enough for us to get in close enough to grab Kiya?" Flint looked at Tommy "Well it's worth a shot." Tommy pulled his Wan-Dou free and began twirling it violently swinging and clearing the whorls, who were becoming agitated. Flint took this momentary gap and quickly moved in and grabbed Kiya. Once Flint had gotten her the four of them ran for their lives as the angerd whorls gave chase. Tommy did his best to clear the path with Stiker at his side helping clear the way. That's when Tommy noticed that neither Striker nor Dleach were carring that guy they caught "Hey. What happend to our little prisoner?" Striker looked back for a second "Ohh shit. we must of left him when you two took off running." Tommy sighed heavily "Well it's to late to go back now. we'll find him again sooner or later. I dout he'd give up at this." the sky was getting dark and the group was getting tired, that's when they saw it. the clearing of the forest, they were just outside the capital.

Kiya yelped playfully as the yentered the massive capital "good thing we are going to see Sorcerres Valancia she might be able to fix Kiya" Flint said Kiya yawned as they approached the inn
"We will go to Valencia in the morning its late" Flint said as they boght a room and got settled Kiya ran around playfully barking a yipping until it was obvious she was exahusted as she culddeled up at the foot of the bed and fell asleep
"I still dont understand why I need to visit the soceress or why you must protect her do u have any idea" Flint said as he stroked kiya as he setteled at the top of the bunk bed tommy had the bottom

Tommy laid flat on his back in the bottom bunk "I don't know anything. I recieved a call from my administrator and he gave me the order. i don't know why she wants me, but they called and I answerd." Flint sighed and Tommy stared at the bottom of the top bunk. After a while Flint sounded up "So, you've never met the soreceress? I mean your going to protect someone you don't even know, risk your life for a stranger?" Tommy "yeah, I guess. It's what I've always done. I don't know what to do with my life if I'm not..... fighting." Flint looked down "Fighting?" Tommy looked over the mirror so he could see Flint "Yeah, I don't have family. No friends. Fighting is how I prove I exist, that's why I do it." Flint rolled back over on to his bunk and went silent. They sat in the silencce for a little while longer.

"I see" flint said
"you fight to prove your exsitence interening" Flint said
"I prove my exsitence by medation and magic and training my magic is my life" Flint said as he looked down at Kiya
"I wonder what her reason for exsitence is" Flint said as he went to sleep.

The next morning...

Flint awoke to see it was 9am he quickly awoke and got dressed Kiya barked happily as he made breakfast he woke Tommy up by nudging him
"get up please we have to hurry I have to get to Valencia's by 11" Flint said as he rushed outside eating his sandwhich

Tommy bent over and picked up Kiya and ran after Flint witha piece of toast in his mouth, Kiya nipping at it the whole time. They ran down the bussleing streets of the capital. Flint looked in wonder at the metropolis that was the capital city. Tommy turned to him "Were headed for the town square. that's where the temple is." Flint nodded and they ran for the the temple. They enterd the square and saw a large hill in the center of the capital. At the top of the hill was a traditional shrine. Tommy gazed at it in amazement "even from here it looks huge." he said as they hurried up the steps to the shrine on top. it was at this moment Tommy realized he had no idea what kind of person the soreceress was. Well it was too late now he was just going to have to find out what she was like when he met her.

they entered the huge shrine to find the lobby was dimly lit which gave it a golden tone beyond was a door with a small window that gave off a blinding light
"I see you have arrived but there are only two of you I thought a girl named Kiya was to join you" someone said coming from another part of the shrine was a beautiful maiden long blond hair and amber eyes she looked like she was in her late twenties wearing a tan and white t-shirt with a little bit of skin showing around the waist and black leather pants and brown shoes with bells at the heels Flint looked in awe for a second before coming to reality
"Kiya is here" Flint said showing her the little wolf pup
"I see had a brush in with the Whorls of the white woods I see well thats an easy disenchantment but I'll get to that in a little bit" Valencia said
"so why was I sent here" Flint asked
"Oh dear he didn't tell you" Valencia sighed
"Please sit down" Valencia said Flint sat in a nearby chair
"This is hard to say but here I go.. The Arch-Mage is a very old as you probably know and he has fallen ill he has been so for about a month but he used his vast knowledge to make himself healthily but his power is waning he contacted me telling that he predicts he doesn't have much time left so he asked me to take up where he left off training you and he told me about Kiya too I am also an animal spirit the Tiger of Twilight and wanted me to train her as well" Valencia said Flint looked at her in disbelief his heart was crushed he ran off into another part of the shrine almost crying
"what about me" Tommy asked
"Simple, You are to protect me as I train those two also I need to visit Morren of the eastern sea you will accompany me but that is not for awhile you will receive half of your pay after I finish training Flint the other half when I reach Moreen" Valencia said

Striker help up Steve. "What do I do with him?" He didn't get a answer so thought again. "Can I eat him" Flint looked back at him. "No"

Striker smiled. "Why?"

"Cause I sadi so"

"Why"

"Shutup"

Tommy turned to Stirker. "Please be quite for at least five seconds"

"1,2,3,4,5, fuck you!" He threw Steve up into the air. "Hey Bleach catch"