OtakuBoards

What Happened to the Power Rangers

James P. Galvatron

I always wondered when did the Japanese made Power Rangers made from several diffrent shows spliced together with the American Teens added on it transfer onto these terrible Canadian Power Rangers series I believe Japan and Saban stoppped making Power Rangers after Time Force, or was it Lost Galaxy if there are any other old school power ranger fans maybe you could help me out.

I have seen all the series of it in chronological order I think they are correct:
Power Rangers: Mighty Morphin
Power Rangers:Zeo
Power Rangers:Turbo
Power Rangers:Lost in Space
Power Rangers:Lost Galaxy
Power Rangers:Time Force
Power Rangers: Light Speed Rescue
Power Rangers: Wildforce ( worst an insult to power rangers I mean the way they ran)
And this is where I lose track of the series.

Did anyone also know how racially biased the original power rangers was I mean the Black ranger was well a black dude and yellow ranger asian I believe Chinese. Guess what else the black ranger Zack he was always dancing to hip hop most of the time and the yellow ranger Trini loved Martial Arts especially Kong Fu.

[color=darkred][size=1]Poor Jason David Frank. Years and years trying to be taken seriously as an actor. What did he get? One season of MTV's Undressed and then a glorious return to Power Rangers Dino Thunder. I'd give him a hug and a cookie; he deserves one.

Tommy was always my favorite, anyways.

--Chris[/color][/size]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]I really never had interest in any of the new Power Rangers shows. I remember watching the original every day with my friend. Recently, while I was away during the summer, someone had a bunch of the original episodes on his laptop which were fun to watch. They're so miserable looking now though.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]Anyway, I guess what I really mean to say by that is that I haven't followed it at all. The commercials for all the new shows and toys just sort of annoyed me saying "let's see how many settings we can put the Power Rangers in without the fans rioting."[/color][/font]

I whached I think up to Turbo. After that Power Rangers went down hill. I saw alittle of the new ones, not good. Ok I lied, the SPD isn't that bad. They play alot of them on ABC Family. The new one mostly. Even my mom thinks its not that bad. I was a BIG fan. I even have to of the movies. The return of Tommy I find to be a really good move, I think they were trying to bring back some old fans. But thats my opion.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

I remember watching the original Mighty Morphing Power Rangers back years ago with my little brother, I can't believe they're still going today, though from the sound of it they're not nearly as popular. I've only ever caught fleeting glimpses of episodes of the newest serious, as one I don't have the channels to watch them on and two I really couldn't be bothered watched them if I had the opportunity to do so. Looking back in nostalgia, which is always good for covering up flaws in something, I recall watching the Ranger with glee as the kicked the ever-loving shite out of their enemies Kung Fu style.

The MegaZords themselves I remember always looking fake, I mean how obvious was it that it was just some idiot in a suit and from what I hear they're still using guys in suits for the MegaZord scenes. As well as that the villain battles would always follow the same tone, [[I]Rangers fight small version of baddie, Rangers use super-weapons to kill small version of baddie, villain grows to enormous size and Rangers repeat previous actions now using the MegaZord[/I]]. Still it's a kids show so we can't really point out the plot holes, when it's really about the martial arts and moral lessons. [/SIZE]

Time force is after light speed. I think if they made a PR anime, it would start attracting fans. I'm not a big fan, anyway. I think Japanese people helped on DT. Dino Thunder was actualy cool, with some good soccer moments, guitar moments, and nerd moments. LOL. I ocassionally watch PR to see what are some new cool, and cheeseball parts. If PR could get into more maturer subjects, it would attact way more fans! At least make blood! Of course, what am I saying... Even Samurai 7 doesn't show blood...

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkRed]Yeah, I agree, when I was smaller, I used to think power rangers were AWESOME! but now, it's sujt not enough action. I alsi think it would be better if they at least showed a little blood, and stop being so high and mighty. Like, they should make one called like "Power Rangers darkness" or something, 'cause goody goody power rangers are just getting old. :animeswea[/COLOR][/SIZE] [/FONT]

[COLOR=#656448][SIZE=1]I disagree. Power Rangers is [i]still[/i] awesome. You should watch that episode in WildForce where [spoiler]all 12(?) Red Rangers including Mighty Morphin's Tommy(..was it?) combined forces to defeat a handful of them monster-aliens.[/spoiler] I wasn't a fan of WildForce but that episode was sure something.

And huurrrr... Wildforce wins over Ninja Storm anytime.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Ninja storm...LOL. It was funny to see those fake shinobi do the cheesiest taiquando, which they call ninjutsu. Nothing like the true art of Stealth, Logic and Preserverance. That episode of WF, was cool. But it soon got old, and a lil' too obvious, since the story didn't have much story to store in the episode. LOL. TF is my fave now. It reminds me of Anime.

Colors I would like to see from PR...

Orange: The PR of Fire

Red: The bender of gravity PR

Black: The demon PR of Darknes

White and yellow: The goddess of light PR

Light Green: Goddess of nature PR

Blue: The water god PR

Well you kinda get the idea. I want some better new powers for the PRs, and maybe I'll watch more.

[SIZE=1]Forever, The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers will be the best. The more that came out the worst the show got and I just quit watching after WildForce though I did glimpse Ninja Storm a few times but to no extent did I like it. I mean, there were two teams wearing the same colors.

Sadly, even though Wildforce was it for me, I could not for my life figure out why no one knew who they were. They were all wearing jackets with their color and title on it and they were almost always together! How obvious can you get?

But I liked it for the basic fact that the little cardboard buildings falling over were cute. They never were caught for that? They destroyed half the city but by the next episode, everything was rebuilt. That's illegal I believe. Bulk and Skull stayed for about 5 seasons and kept the same stupid jobs. It's pathetic really but amazingly a loveable show.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Mighty Morphin was the best, back in the day. I remember watching after school on WB 61(in Arizona at the time), at my babysitter's. That women was very strange. O_O Anyhow, I used to deny that I watched it, but I liked it all the same.

Rita was freakin awesome..and the puddies, thats quality television. ;)

I've taken a glimpse of a few of the newer versions and they're all crap, to me atleast. Nothing compares to the original.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Inuyasha7271]I always wondered when did the Japanese made Power Rangers made from several diffrent shows spliced together with the American Teens added on it transfer onto these terrible Canadian Power Rangers series I believe Japan and Saban stoppped making Power Rangers after Time Force, or was it Lost Galaxy if there are any other old school power ranger fans maybe you could help me out.

I have seen all the series of it in chronological order I think they are correct:
Power Rangers: Mighty Morphin
Power Rangers:Zeo
Power Rangers:Turbo
Power Rangers:Lost in Space
Power Rangers:Lost Galaxy
Power Rangers:Light Speed Rescue
Power Rangers: Time Force
Power Rangers: Wildforce ( worst an insult to power rangers I mean the way they ran)
Power Rangers: Ninja Storm
Power Rangers: Dino Thunder
Power Rangers: SPD
And this is where I lose track of the series.

Did anyone also know how racially biased the original power rangers was I mean the Black ranger was well a black dude and yellow ranger asian I believe Chinese. Guess what else the black ranger Zack he was always dancing to hip hop most of the time and the yellow ranger Trini loved Martial Arts especially Kong Fu.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah Bulk and Skull stayed on for a while Skull left after Lost In Space on Lost Galaxy Bulk and the PRofessor caught the Spaceship that had the city in it while Skull overslept he was only on their for the first episode. ( Don't ask how I remeber this)

You know what else sucks their has only been Two Red Rangers who were not White. On Turbo Red ranger was a Black Guy ( I bet they did it cause it would make the fans happy) and on SPD the current Power Rangers another Black Ranger. When will there be a Asian or Middle Eastern Red Ranger when.

I just want to know when Saban and Japan stopped Helping make Power Rangers the last series I saw their logo on was Time Force, Lightspeed Rescue or was it Lost Galaxy.

Wildforce,Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, and SPD are all crappy Canadian Power Ranger series.

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1][color=slategray]Brings back fond memories.

I remember that I use to watch those shows, when I was a bratty snot nose kid whose imaginations always got the better half. I remember that I use to yell at the television set when a one of my (childhood) heros got the bad end of the stick. I guess what was cool about it was that I learned to fight, and the moves came in handy during various fights at school among the other kindergardeners. I got a lot of detentions (you know sitting in the corner). However today I have to admit the whole thing is kinda getting a little cheap. The original was a knock out among the younger generations. But the newer versions is getting stupid. There is way too many series that its dumb. But Inuyasha7271 you ask what happened to the Power Rangers?

Well I guess you could say that it's wearing thin. It's like the same way that girls get hiked up about fashion. The fashion is a skirt then it changes to a whole new attire.
Things get old and lose their former glory. Now that my friend is what exactly happened to the Power Rangers.

It's a boom and bust thing. Happens all the time.[/color][/size]

Basically the shows deterioated you'd think they would get better with technology, but it was the exact opposite with all the technology they added it looked more fake than it ever did.

It used to be when they jumped from the blast in the original series they jumped right when it seemed to hit, now in the current seasons that Canada makes (darn evil canadians ruining the series that Japan made and American changed) the rangers jump way before the explosion.

[QUOTE=Inuyasha7271]Basically the shows deterioated you'd think they would get better with technology, but it was the exact opposite with all the technology they added it looked more fake than it ever did.

It used to be when they jumped from the blast in the original series they jumped right when it seemed to hit, now in the current seasons that Canada makes (darn evil canadians ruining the series that Japan made and American changed) the rangers jump way before the explosion.[/QUOTE]
Canada? What are you talking about? Their current filming location comes from NZ, not canada, and what is this whole talk about technology deteriorating?

It has improved since the original. I mean don't get me wrong, the original just rules, but damn cheesy at the same time. They completely relied on the Japanese footage, at least for the first season, but the technology has improved since then, computer wise. Have you seen the clips of the new PR finale? The whole zord fight scene is completly computerized, now don't tell me that ain't an improvement? Although majority of the zord fights are after all japanese footage, not american. The only american zord fight that was shown on PR ever since Disney acquired the PR franchise was the finale of this years PR, Powerrangers SPD, and that finale hasn't even been aired yet.

Yes Japan started this whole franchise, Tokusatsu as the fans call it, but comparing Sentai(Japanese version of PR) to PR is just stupid and a habit fans of this genre have a problem with. This whole ruining cr*p your ranting about, is nothing but cultural differences, nothing more, nothing less, and NS is a perfect example.

I watched almost every episode of Lightspeed Rescue... [i]but I missed the last one.[/i] I was so upset, heh.

Anyway, never saw any of the other series, although Mighty Morphin was unbelieveably huge back in the day... I think I was eight? Or nine? Anyway, there was a huge playground game organised every recess for a while. It was something.

Mighty Morphin was the best amongst all of them, well Power Rangers initially was a copy of a Japanese show which contained characters that used giant robots to efend the earth. From mighty morphin the show kind of lost its content, the characters were still a bit nice looking but....I mean its like Pokemon, they made far too many series of it that people lost interest

[quote name='IceRose']Mighty Morphin was the best amongst all of them, well Power Rangers initially was a copy of a Japanese show which contained characters that used giant robots to efend the earth. From mighty morphin the show kind of lost its content, the characters were still a bit nice looking but....I mean its like Pokemon, they made far too many series of it that people lost interest[/quote]
You'd be surprised how big of a fanbase PR has. I mean seriously, it's mind blowing :animestun

[QUOTE=Onikage]Canada? What are you talking about? Their current filming location comes from NZ, not canada, and what is this whole talk about technology deteriorating?

It has improved since the original. I mean don't get me wrong, the original just rules, but damn cheesy at the same time. They completely relied on the Japanese footage, at least for the first season, but the technology has improved since then, computer wise. Have you seen the clips of the new PR finale? The whole zord fight scene is completly computerized, now don't tell me that ain't an improvement? Although majority of the zord fights are after all japanese footage, not american. The only american zord fight that was shown on PR ever since Disney acquired the PR franchise was the finale of this years PR, Powerrangers SPD, and that finale hasn't even been aired yet.

Yes Japan started this whole franchise, Tokusatsu as the fans call it, but comparing Sentai(Japanese version of PR) to PR is just stupid and a habit fans of this genre have a problem with. This whole ruining cr*p your ranting about, is nothing but cultural differences, nothing more, nothing less, and NS is a perfect example.[/QUOTE]

If you look the credits its made in a Canadian studio and arts production look at the credits at the end PR isn't American made the current one and I know Saban the company that worked with Japan to bring it here has nothing to do with it.

I myself stopped liking the series after Saban stopped making it I think Saban worked on it up until Power Rangers Lost Galaxy or Power Rangers Time Force.

[QUOTE=Inuyasha7271]If you look the credits its made in a Canadian studio and arts production look at the credits at the end PR isn't American made the current one and I know Saban the company that worked with Japan to bring it here has nothing to do with it.

I myself stopped liking the series after Saban stopped making it I think Saban worked on it up until Power Rangers Lost Galaxy or Power Rangers Time Force.[/QUOTE]
The filming, the production, all this has been done in NZ. The only thing that relates to Canada in anyway are the actors. They sometimes do their casting at specific places, and my knowledge of Power Rangers not being made or filmed in the states, is already their, I've already known that.

I stopped watching myself, untill I got a glimpse at NinjaStorm. It really had that oldschool PR vibe, with a little extreme sports in the mix, pretty sweet.