OtakuBoards

Moody in highschool... how regular are YOUR breakdowns?

Skye

[size=1]I started highschool this year, and so far, I've begun crying for no reason at all in the middle of class twice now. I was wondering if any of you still in highschool have had any extremely embarassing brreakdowns or if you had so many it became a regular thing?

On Friday, I was all happy and friendly until fourth period. Knocking out my first worksheet in Algebra, I suddenly was overwhelmed with a sudden urgency to cry. I put my head down and covered my head with my hood, and I began to cry. Everytime someone would touch me, I would flinch away, and everytime someone tried to get me to look up I would say something rude and uncalled for. Now, I'm not known for depression, so this really worried my friends. At one point, one guy asked who was under the "carpet" (I was wearing one of those fuzzy wool jackets), and it really pissed my boyfriend off. I was pretty moody the rest of the day. Anyone ever had a moment like that?[/size]

Don't worry your just going thru changes :catgirl:
I was the same way but I didn't cry in class. but as long as your BF is by your side you have nothing to worry about.

but has somthing been bothering you?? :(
if there is you can PM me I'll help how ever I can ;)

Whoa. That sounds pretty extreme. Is there something that's bothering you alot that you haven't revealed to us? If not, then I think it's kind of strange that you would break down like that.

The first time I had a breakdown was my sophomore year in college, I was taking classes for a pretty hard major, the lab was really dragging me down, and I took a pill to keep me awake in class. Which ofcourse turned out adversive, making my heart rate beating like I was in nervous state. All the stress and anxiety added up, and for the first time school made me feel hopeless, and I cried uncontrollably in the middle of class. Ofcourse I didn't wail or anything, just the tears wouldn't stop pouring. So then I changed my major a quadrillion times, and I take it as easy as ever now. I don't ever want something so stupid to get to me again.

I know it's easier said than done, to just shrugg off the small crap. But once you let it go, it feels damn good. Many things really don't matter when you look at the big picture. If there's really something deep that's bothering you or going on in your life, then it's always good to have at least one person to talk about it to. I think there are plenty of people on this forum who don't mind listening. =]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]From knowing you a little better, Steph, I'd say it's the sudden change from how you used to be taught and how you're being taught now.

At the moment I'm having migraine attacks in school and at home and I'm pretty damn sure it's related to my coursework. I have a lot of deadlines and the subjects I'm taking have a lot of work, so it's hard to meet all of them on time. x.x

High school is horrid and stressful and mean and smelly. Don't let it beat you :)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=darkred]I can relate, I struggle with depression and it really goes into overdrive it highschool. I will sleep most of the day if it goes unchecked, luckly I am on meds for it, as well as one to wake me up. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Anyways last year before I was back on my meds, I went through a stage that when I was at school, which was seldom I would go from being extremly happy to then about ready to have a nervous breakdown. I would actually cry at night whenever I thought about sad stuff, or events in my life. Just know that its ok, me personally I think its perfectally fine to cry, even if it can be embarrasing. Also if you need to talk to someone, even if your thoughts are jumbled it will help clear them I think.[/color][/size]

[size=1]O.O Wowza. That kind of went faster then I thought it would. ^-^

Yeah, I kind of understand that. (*Pokes everyone* And don't think this is simply meant for a pity-party - I'm looking for other's who've broken down completely, not sympathy.)

Jamie: yeah, probably. Besides the fact that I'm getting up at five every morning, and with more homework than I'm used to.. ;_; I feel like I could scream sometimes, y'know?

visual: Actually, although many people who've been on OB a while, and know me, I've been homeschooled for a good two and a half years, and just recently I got back into public school - starting highschool. I forgot how many new members we get, and since I've been away for two months... well, you get it. ^_^;[/size]

[SIZE=1]Don't feel bad, this is normal. I use to feel this way in highschool too most likely from stress or pressure you're feeling. It never was with work for me (cause I never did it lol same reason I did independent study for two years kind of like you) either that or its the changing hormones is what I think it is. (believe it or not your still changing) I'm now a freshman in college and things come by a lot easier. Highschool is tough because everyone else is having such similar emotions and it can become a mess. It'll get better, just hang in there ^^; it's alright to cry for no reason sometimes. [/SIZE]

[font=trebuchet ms]I had a few problems this year, things that have never happened to me before.

A month ago I had a blackout in the middle of class. I don't know the details, but I completely erased a day out of my life, all I remember is a ride home after around 11AM and then relaxing in bed, I didn't remember school at all. I talked to a counselor and she said that it was basically a lot of built up stress and angst. I went right back to school and the people who knew about it wouldn't stop asking me questions and I just ignored them. I learned who my friends were in a way.

I had two large mental breakdowns both today and yesterday. A reason left with some vagueness, since certain people read it, is in my myO if you care.

Basically, I'm dealing with my best friend giving up on herself and doing things that are bringing me down with her. So I gave up in a different way. I had a fight with several of my best friends today and I called them all up and apologized a few hours ago.

Before that was this summer, when my father called me a 'f---ing failure.' I couldn't deal with it, I ran away from home and actually slept outside near a street. I spent a week at a friend's house and my parents eventually found me.

Sorry for being 'emo' about this, but well, this topic suits me perfectly today.[/font]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]... In denial? She just admitted she was having breakdowns, and she seems perfectly happy otherwise. I really don't think that she's in denial.

Anyway, I'm a pretty emotional person (On the inside at least, even if I don't portray it all the time) but it doesn't usually have to do with school. I have had breakdowns in the past, yes, but they were all from problems with my dad/step-dad/etc. I homeschool, but I just recently started doing classes with other juniors/seniors (I'm a junior) and such. I have alot of homework, but I'm pulling through alright. Alot of sleepless nights and stressful mornings.

Anyway, I think what you're going through is normal. I don't think you are really depressed or anything, and I definitely don't think you're in denial. Just lack of sleep and an enormous new stress-level thrown at you at one time. You'll get better in no time.

Just think happy thoughts, and talk to people. Don't EVER bottle up feelings. It'll just hurt you in the long run. Oh, if you ever need to talk, just send me an IM, PM, emal, etc.[/SIZE][/CENTER]

I began beating my head against the desks. LOL. Sometimes, I'll choke back tears too. If you wants some more info, about maybe why...veiw the stereotype thread in this same forum. It says "Punk, artsy, classclown etc." Such breakdowns occur to me because my labels.

No idea what to tell you. This is my scound year in high school and all the side effects from it have been good ones. More or less. I think people liked me more when I didn't care about how I looked and didn't talk as much.

As for the moody part, my freinds would say I'm moody all the time. But only becuase my last name is Moody.

Just take a deep breath when you feel like crying and think happy thoughts. Go to the nurse or that one person who's sapose to be there to listen to teens. No idea what their called cuase they have nothing to do with any one at my school.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Well I've only ever had two breakdowns since being in high school, and really the two came about directly relating to the accident with my neck two years ago. The first time I had a complete breakdown I can't really remember, it was just all the stress I'd bottled up over the months and months just exploding out in one instance. After it I just decided to pack everything in and take a crack at it next year, though that was to lead to the second breakdown, or at least contribute to it a good bit.

My second breakdown, like my first was due to bottling up stress, though changing schools and losing contact with nearly all my friends and generally having a really bad time in the new high school helped get the ball rolling. The second breakdown was a lot worse than the first and I found it hard to even get up in the morning, let alone try and get on with life. It all came to a head one morning when I broke down on the toilet, which many people will agree they do most of their thinking on, and just cried my eyes out for over half an hour.

But in your case my dear, I hope things will get better and if they don't, know that you will always be welcome and cared for when you log on to Otaku[B]boards[/B],and I know this from personal experience.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Imi][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]High school is horrid and stressful and mean and smelly. [/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1]The best description of Secondary/High School I have ever heard, nicely done Jamie.[/SIZE]

[quote name='sakurasuka][CENTER][SIZE=1]... In denial? She just admitted she was having breakdowns, and she seems perfectly happy otherwise. I really don't think that she's in denial.[/SIZE'][/CENTER][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkRed]You never know. Back in junior high/high school, I was going through the same things. Those 'things' lead from one thing to another, and I almost killed myself because of it. Sorry if I seem cold. Just try not to give in to those negative thoughts and be with friends that make you happy. Or, it could possibly be that time of month too.[/COLOR]

[size=1]*grins* Actualy, Ryli, I found out later that was part of the problem. ^_^ PMS is so the issue. ^_~

Hey, Gavin! *hugs* Much luv, and thank you. I feel loved already.

*grins at Nomura* I do that sometimes. I also have a tendancy to whack my boyfriend in the head with my Algebra book, but that's usually only when he decides he wants to fall asleep in class. *chuckles*

Rifle: I totally understand. And I sympathize. As everyone else has said, if you want to talk, just drop me a PM. I'm open.

*is eager to hear more*[/size]

Ick, sounds bad. (thinks) I was probably more emo in school than I am now. I don't emo as in the stereotype lol I just mean emotional. I would cry during the day and rant in my journal about being lonely and depressing and crap. Blah, dark days. I was actually fine though, I just felt really sad. I remember one time randomly crying in art class. I put my head on the table and cried and didn't want to talk to anyone.

Now well, I'm stressed over college and well, emo. I ended up going home Wednesday because I felt sick, I was tired and dizzy and blacking out to an extent (luckily nothing but) I just couldn't do it. My one friend thinks I should drop out of college simply because it's driving me nuts.

I suppose I don't have much advice or anything really important to say. As you can see you're not alone though ^_^ Like everyone else, I offer my ear whenever it is needed. It's the least I can do.

Don't worry...usually things turn out for the better. I end up looking back and saying "Geez I was emo..." and stuff like that lol

[quote name='Fiacha][size=1']*grins at Nomura* I do that sometimes. I also have a tendancy to whack my boyfriend in the head with my Algebra book, but that's usually only when he decides he wants to fall asleep in class. *chuckles*[/size][/quote][color=#4B0082]Geeze, I gotta feel sorry for the guy. At least if your algebra book is anything like the one I used: A 600 page hardback volume ... with sharp corners. Ouch. :animestun

Anyway, I'm a senior this year (go me?), and I can relate to this. I can keep a pretty good hold on my emotions most of the time, so I've never let anything come to a rise in public, but I still get anxiety. Usually, though, it's when I'm not doing anything that my thoughts turn depressive; when I don't have something else to keep my mind occupied with. Such as when I'm lying in bed at night. I don't fall asleep very easily unless I'm absolutely exhausted, so I usually have anywhere from a half hour to two hours of just myself, the darkness, and the hum of my PC. Too tired to want to get up and do anything, but not able to sleep, so my mind wanders where it will.

Case in point: last night. I recognized the thought patterns leading up to the breaking point. It's happened often enough, though not really with much regularity, that I can tell when it's coming on. But can I stop it? Nope. And ironically, that pisses me off and only helps fuel the depressive feelings. So I lay there, my emotions figuratively beating the crap out of me, while the logical part of my mind is telling me I'm an idiot for letting these stupid, angsty feelings get to me. Needless to say, I have a lot of experience with crying myself to sleep and working on 6 or fewer hours of sleep -- around 2 in the case of last night.

Yay for being a teenager.[/color]

I'm whats known as emo. I just started HS this year and I have a breakdown at least once a month. But I hold them in as long as possible. They get worse in October since my friend died 4 years ago this month. So i'm currently super ****** off and depressed.

I'm whats known as emo. I break down at least once a month but I hold it in as long as possible. They get worse in October since my friend died 4 years ago this month. But that fact suddenly comes out of nowhere every October and it just had to be Thursday and we get Friday off and it had to be the last period of the day and I didnt get to talk to my gf, and it's a 3 day weekend and I have never needed my gf more since she is the only one I can talk to in person (you people dont count)

OFF TOPIC: I just saw it double posted i'm soooo sorry but I clicked the wrong button I ment to edit my first post.

[left][color=DarkGreen][b][size=1]Yeah, what I said earlier, in the Creepy Crawlers thread. I can't be bothered to say it twice.
[/size][/b][/color] [right][color=DarkGreen][size=1]-Raiyuu[/size][/color]
[/right]
[/left]

I stopped being able to cry in the middle of 9th grade (last year). Now when I feel sad I just sort of move on and don't think about it. Its probably going to come back and bite me in the *** one of these days, but oh well, its better than losing control at school.

• 3 weeks later...
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Plum][QUOTE]I started highschool this year, and so far, I've begun crying for no reason at all in the middle of class twice now. I was wondering if any of you still in highschool have had any extremely embarassing brreakdowns or if you had so many it became a regular thing?[/QUOTE]
You know I dont find this strange at all. When my older brother was in high school he had a couple of break downs himself. I've started my Freshmen year this year also but I haven't had a breakdown yet. I gots more things to worry about then school so all that's been happening with me is low grades an life drama outside of school. But anyways back on topic.

I know high school is much more different then middle school. I've notice but I actually like it more then middle school cause you dun know everyone. ^_^' The work is some what harder and the projects they give you, you have to turn it in on a sooner date then it was before.

[QUOTE]On Friday, I was all happy and friendly until fourth period. Knocking out my first worksheet in Algebra, I suddenly was overwhelmed with a sudden urgency to cry. I put my head down and covered my head with my hood, and I began to cry. Everytime someone would touch me, I would flinch away, and everytime someone tried to get me to look up I would say something rude and uncalled for. Now, I'm not known for depression, so this really worried my friends. At one point, one guy asked who was under the "carpet" (I was wearing one of those fuzzy wool jackets), and it really pissed my boyfriend off. I was pretty moody the rest of the day. Anyone ever had a moment like that?[/QUOTE]
You might just be worrying to much. With the school work added with the normal life drama it can get a bit annoying and some what tiring. Just hold on and try not to worry about it to much. I dont mean like screw school altogether but when something like that does happen in class dont take it so hard to the part were you break down and cry. Also make sure you even everything out to were everything has it's own time. Like after some school you might want to take sometime to hang with friends or your bf to spend some bonding time together.

Hope that helps ^_^[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

I never felt bad at all in high school. Second semester of my first year of college was a moody time. It was completely different from high school and the grading was much harder. In most classes my entire grade is based on 4 or 5 tests and that's it. You're responsible for knowing everything but don't get tested on everything... it sucked.

Guest kuroinuyoukai
:catgirl: I am a freshman in college and i have been known to sob in class. I have Japanese and i cry in class. Luckily most of the time I sit in the back. i slump in my desk and hide from the teacher. i have been so stressed before that i nearly fainted on the steps of my dorm. Anyone that has mood swings is not alone. i have depression and panic attacks too. Hope everything gets better for those who did and did not post on this! :catgirl:

Heh, I don't usually break down alot. The only time I remember was when I was having problems with my mother. She broke my trust...but we won't get into that. I cried all night the night before and I tried to put myself together before school. It worked for a little bit, but my friends could tell somethething was wrong and the kept asking me until I just couldn't keep my peace and I started crying. I tried to shake it off quickly before it got too serious but that didn't work. Finally I calmed down and cleaned up in the bathroom. That was my one major breakdown at school. All my other breakdowns happened at home..or I can't remember them.