• Friend telling you.
    • Search engine.
    • Something off the net.
    • Other.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i was stalking jenna ;) and followed her here... i used the name imstalkingjenna on v0 and v69 ;)
anyway ;) i was a little lost in the lost woods of Oos and found this site... by the time page loaded i figured it out... dang thing keeps wasting my time... i turned of my gcn nintendo to answer this ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I was looking for digimon pictures at yahoo and theotaku.com came up. I really liked the site so I tried to join the chat. But it wasn't working so I decided to use the message boards instead. And the rest is history:) [/SIZE]

Guest Imsirion
i was searching around on a search engine and i found theotaku.com. i went there for a while and noticed the link for otakuboards.com in the top left corner. i was like " ill check it out later" and finally like 4 days later, i did, now im here!

I was busy hunting a loser who screwed up one of my favorite anime Forums! He came here, and dissappeared the moment i got here. Never did find him.

i was going to the dbz part of the otaku back when it was called "Absolute DBZ/GT". boy, that was a while ago....then i just surfed over here.

I was searching on ninemsn search for a popular message board. I was on ta bunch of these other ones, but i thought they were crap, so i searched for popular message board on ninemsn. finally, after an hour of searching, a link came up with "www.otakuboards.com". i clicke don it, and it came up with "welcome to AbsoluteGameBoy.com . This is the forum site. The home site is now called theotaku.com . Plese click here to continue to otakuboards.com ." or something along those lines. .............i dunno.....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i was stalking jenna ;) and followed her here... i used the name imstalkingjenna on v0 and v69 ;)
[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]*Is scared* Has anyone told you that you're a scary little man? (er...no pun intended...heh :smirk: )

Anyway, I got here through the Absolute Zelda site. Actually, when I returned for some Zelda help one day, it was a day that there was no longer an Absolute Zelda site...it referred me to the forums. Since I needed help, I posted in the Zelda forum on V2 and, thus...here I am.[/color]

[SIZE=1]I first found [i]theOtaku.com[/i] through [i]Yahoo![/i], and that was bascially the center of my internet life was looking at that site(sad huh? lol). And then from there I got one look at the wonderful Topaz's fanart and decided to email her and compliment on her work and stuff. And she emailed me back and gave me her AIM sn, so we talked and stuff and near the end of february she asked if I was part of the boards, and I said no and so she kinda got me into this dealio. :D[/SIZE]

i went through this phase where i read every fanfic i could find w/ vegeta in it (did you know that there's a gay dbz fanfic page, w/ goku & vegeta & others hooking up & stuff in graphic detail? heheh). anyway, i found "vegeta ghetto overdrive" but their fanfics sucked, so i went to their forums. that place was a flame-fest, you could say anything & not get banned. finally someone posted "people, if you want a [I]real[/I] message board, go to [url]www.otakuboards.com.[/url]" so i went right away & registered immediately.

[color=crimson][size=1]I applied to write for a site called Absolute Sega.com

And just as I applied...Absolute Sega merged with theOtaku.

I had written my first article for the site, when Absolute Sega was dumped and Absolute Xbox was created in its place.

So I did some writing for Absolute Xbox and Absolute GameBoy, before then running my own section: Absolute GameCube.

*sigh* It's a shame that it was so short lived. It was a great site -- I stayed up all night covering E3 2001...and posting news items as soon as the information was available.

I'd say that we were among the first sites to post new E3 info.[/color][/size]

[FONT=century gothic]Erhm.... I surfed on in one day.... came to the boards on and off for a while.....never did register till march....I was doing a search for digimon fanart, and it sent me here for Ginny's stuff....[/FONT]

[b]While I was getting into DBVZ, my friend said a good site was AGB.com..
went there..and stayed there forever...
it adverted it's boards and I tried to join, but didn't know how...
anyway...AGB became theOtaku...
and I was still there...
then, when they made v2. they advertised again...and I joined..
TA-DA!

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic]The End[/FONT] [/SIZE] [/b]

As most of you know, Amibasuki is my sister. She registered and was on ALL THE FREAKIN TIME. I was like, 'what is this?!'. And she's like 'oh, it's this message board, we talk about Dragon Ball Z blah blah blah' and I'm like 'whatever'. After about a MONTH of her being online 'til 2 AM every night, I finally decided to just give it a try, like what would I have to lose, you know? So yeah, I then came on as SuperRadSchitzo, later SuperRadSkitzo (b/c too many people were misspelling 'Schitzo', and turning it into 'Sh*tzo' :rolleyes: ) and then the old versions shut down, and then I am now just known by my real name. The End.