Jump to content
OtakuBoards

How did you find Otaku?  

27 members have voted

  1. 1. How did you find Otaku?

    • Friend telling you.
      10
    • Search engine.
      8
    • Something off the net.
      5
    • Other.
      4


Recommended Posts

Posted
[b]Off Topic:
I think I musta been the first person/thing to use the word 'schizo' on the boards, and spell it right...(before you joined ;))
Back to Topic:
All my real-life friends got bored of Otaku and left...now I have no-one to mess around with..:(
[/b]:naughty:
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B][b]Off Topic:
I think I musta been the first person/thing to use the word 'schizo' on the boards, and spell it right...(before you joined ;))
[/b]:naughty: [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, you can't spell it now..... :smirk: :D (you left out the "T") :p
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by nitsuj [/i]
[B]i think thimoc is the one that told me about it, actually it was thimok but these are the old guys that probly nobody knows about, oh well. [/B][/QUOTE]
I remember both of them.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SaiyanPrincessX [/i]
[B]I don't quite remember how I came across this site,but I was looking for Dbz pictures(Dec 2000)then I came across theOtaku. A month later I joined these boards(Jan. 15,2001). Ah,the memories...:) [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I also stumbled upon the site when I was surfing for some DBZ pictured to prove a friend wrong on nothing imparticular ^_^ Well, I used Yahoo search engine, and after going through like - 10 crappy sites, I stumbled upon this site via the link.

When I first got here, I checked in the DBZ forum for a bit, and read up a little. I saw only the top two sections of forums, since I didn't really want to be here. . just thought I would look in a bit. I read a few of the posts and figured - Ahhh. . nothing that great here.

Strangly enough, I found myself coming back, and could not be happier, because the second time I came back here, I registered ^_^ WOOT! Go Otakuboards.com . . LOL[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
erm... *thinks*

I was searching for good Digimon pictures on yahoo, and theotaku.com popped up. I visited it, and thought it was awesome... Then, I noticed they had message boards, so I signed up. And that's the story of how I got here! :D

The End... Or, is it? *twilight zone music*
Posted
about a year ago, I was on a search engine searching for zelda stuff, and it lead me to theotaku.com's absolute zelda, I never noticed the otakuboards.com logo until early may though....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]about a year ago, I was on a search engine searching for zelda stuff, and it lead me to theotaku.com's absolute zelda, I never noticed the otakuboards.com logo until early may though.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I too was searching for zelda things when I came here... although, it was like 2 years ago or maybe 1, and I joined the boards in the middle of v1.0 and carried on going on them until v2.0, then stopped going on them and then came on again now.[/SIZE]
Posted
My good friend Dragon Warrior told me about this site. Well he didn't tell me about it, i saw him at it and i asked him what it was and here i am.
Posted
I was looking for stuff on DBZ as I'd just got into that and ended up at the otaku site. After a couple of days I checked out the boards which were still v1.0 then I stayed through part of 2, left for ages but now I'm back with a different name.
Posted
It was a long time ago where alot of people were in the Pokemon craze including myself so I went to Yahoo and search and found myself at Absolute Gameboy.
Posted
This topic has been done to death over the 11 months I have been here, but, to my knowledge there is no current topic of this matter so...
I found theOtaku.com through surfing links. After having visited the main site for a few months I then clicked the icon that took me into the forum. I registered as KAMAKAZI(I know, I know, it is misspelled) and here I am today...

-Justin
Posted
I found otakuboards a while ago, about august this year and registered. some of the old members may remember me as Dan Lucking, though I was only here for a few weeks cos I wasnt at uni then and didnt get as much easy access to the internet. After a while I forgot my password, and just this week i decided to re register as deus ex machina. I dont remember how i found the site though, I just drifted here.
Posted
mmms....I found this place through one of my brothers friends...he came on here while I was around...I thought it looked cool so joined...and the rest is...errr yeah something...can't remember what...
Posted
[color=indigo]The way that I found OtakuBoards is kind of weird.
Late one night, I was working on my Zelda website (which I'm still working on) and I needed some screen shots of Zelda A Link To The Past and The Legend Of Zelda. I got on Yahoo! and did a search for Zelda screen shots. For some reason, it came up with with the Pika Dance at theOtaku.com. Being a Pokémon fan, I clicked on the link to see what it was. The page loaded... and I was confronted with a bunch of animated Pikachu with music. I sat there for about a minute, just starring at the screen. Finally, I bookmarked the page and continued my search.
A few days later, I became curious as to where the Pika Dance was from. I went to the site, and I choped of the last part of the url, so that only [url]http://www.theotaku.com[/url] was there. I looked around the sight, but didn't find anything of interest. About a month later, I was searching for a new message board. I did a search on Yahoo! but I only found crappy ones.
Finally, I remembered theotaku.com, and decided to see if they had a message board. I looked over the page and found the link to otakuboards.com. I registered a few days later, after looking around.
And so, on that lonely September night, I registered and started posting. And here I am.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=orangered][size=1]I just realized...

This month will be my first year anniversary of working at Otaku Media...[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

well congrats james, here, have a cookie....

*hands james a slightly eaten cookie*

lol, sorry, I was kinda hungry....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ssj babe [/i]
[B]my sis told me [/B][/QUOTE]
i think i musta been high or sumthin then...:therock:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ssj chic [/i]
[B]
i think i musta been high or sumthin then...:therock: [/B][/QUOTE]

lol thats funny shes just mad cause i said she wuz fat (which she really isn't of coarse!)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...