OtakuBoards

What anime do you wish you never saw in the first place?

serenayasha

Guest Doomberg
[QUOTE=animekid17]hate whatever you want. your not gonna get rid of it, and it's not gonna go away because a few dissatisfied people are complaining on an E-forum.

thats all i've gotta say. sorry if I came off rude :animeswea[/QUOTE]

animekid you didnt come off bad and thank you for saying that I wish there was more nice onest people like you around but its weird.this is the sixs time I have comented about how I dislike inyuasha why is it every time I coment about it someone hast to reply to argue about it comeon guys just let me have my opinion even if it is stupid.when I say I dislike a show I dont try to efend anybody so please just from now on dont read anything I say about inyuasha[sorry if I spelt that wrong].but since alout of people like it maybe Ill watch it so I can see why people like it so much maybe I just saw A bunch of bad episodes but animekid dont worry it has nothing to do with you that made me outraged OK
:animesmil but I guess Ill try it but untill then I dont like it and if I still dont like it I still wont like it LOL but anyway sorry for getting of the subject everyone :animeswea

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color=slategray]DragonBall GT. That show [I]totally[/I] ruined any respect I had for DragonBall and DragonBall Z. The series had just gone on enough... it didn't need another off-spring brain child thing. Incredibly cheesey and unneeded. Sorry GT fans.

Even though I [I]adored[/I] the first season or two of InuYasha, I couldn't bring myself to watch a lot of the seasons in between. I have regained the habit of watching InuYasha every Saturday night... but that's only because I had a years worth of a break from it. It's okay now, because the plot is going a little faster. But... the anime definitely destroys the wonderful manga that came before it. The only thing that kept me going in the anime was Kikyo. XD I love her. Haha.

I [I]hate[/I] Scryed... however you are really supposed to spell it.. I don't care. It just seems like a rip-off of a ton of animes together. And... it's just.... beyond my bashing points. I don't know... I just... can never find the words to describe how much I cannot stand that show. Heh.

Yeah, there's more... there's always more. But I don't feel like going through my brain to find the things I dislike or have a problem with... thankyouverymuch.[/color][/size]

Yeah, I have to agree with a few people on some of their choices. I viewed the first few episodes of Inuyasha and found it to be VERY mediocre. I don't know but I just found it to be overhyped.

Dragon Ball (Any type) is just to difficult to not say anything about without feeling like a moron. It is not even Mediocre, It feels too slow paced for a kids anime so I just find it weird that I have seen a few seasons of it even though it is so dull.
Beyblade, Hamtaro, Yu-Gi-Oh (American Dub) and Duel Masters are all self explanatory.

[QUOTE=vorboten] i would have to say super milk chan. ok it had its moments but i can live with out the whole ep called virtual sound system
[/QUOTE]

i agree on so many levels it was okay at the beginning but now when i wach it i just fall asleep .It bores me to death :sleep:
[spoiler] i so didnt like his "happy dance" it was somthing i dont think they should have put in that episode [/spoiler]

Guest Doomberg
any animes you wish you could destroy from the face of the earth.Now I can think of one but if I say it everyone will hate so I wont.and yes I know theres a topic like this but this is diferent.Im talking to the extent of removing it permenently.

Guest chobitslover90
the anime i ish i never saw was ranma 1/2 not beacause it was bad but beacause it had no closure and i cried for weeks about this

----

[QUOTE=Revolut1on]:nono: [COLOR=DarkRed]Animes that I wish I hadn't ever seen: Pokemon, Super Milk Chan, SD Gundam, Sonic X, One Piece, Macross II ( I know a lot of people liked it, but hated that movie), and Dragonball (Z/GT).

Animes that I wish I hadn't watched all the way through to the end: Berserk (Dude, WTF is up with that ending!?) :huh: [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

um that wasnt the ending buddy that was actually just the beginning the rest is in manga form

[QUOTE=DY YuGiOhNut][RIGHT][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Century Gothic]

one peice is kind of weird. the drawings i think are kind of...wacky and out there if you will. and i think the stroy falls a little, too.
[/FONT] [/COLOR] [/RIGHT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Orange][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Just as a response to this, I didn't think the drawings were weird or anything, because it's not like anime is the most realistic style of drawing, y'know? It's unique. So points for that. As for the anime itself, I never really got into it. Probably because of the awful job 4Kids did with it. :animedepr

I can't say that animes like Pokemon and Dragonball Z were the best shows out there at any point, but they're responsible for my anime addiction =P So I'll let them slide.

Shows I could've lived without... hmmm.. probably every Digimon series after the first one. *laughs* And Chobits. I know a lot of people love that series, but I just found it boring after awhile.[/FONT][/COLOR]

ach, i deeply regret the bits of one each random episode i saw from - some Dragonball; Cardmaster Sakura or something like this; Pokemon; some Gundam; a One Piece movie; Ninja Scroll series; Basilisk series. I moderately regret Gungrave and only lightly Berserk.

i truly enjoied these ones and i recommend them:
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Evangelion
Last Exile
Paranoia Agent
Wolf's Rain
Samurai 7
FLCL
Samurai Champloo
Otogizoushi
Escaflowne
Serial Experiments Lain
Ghost in the Shell series

cheers

[color=sienna][size=1]

You shut your mouth! Big O was excellent! Great animation, cool characters, and even cooler robots! Okay... I'm calm now. Anyways, there's, as many know, several craptastic anime out there. Here is the list of my disfortune:

[B]Street Fighter II[/B]: That got nearly every aspect of the games world wrong, save Guile's hair style. I mean, honestly. Ken had red hair, Ryu had Gohan's due, and Sagat was in prison! Hello!? Plus, Ken and Ryu are possibly the most ambigously gay duo in anime.

[B]Slayers:[/B] Not because it was bad, but because I got into it, and could never finish the series.

[B]Gundam SD:[/B] That show should have never even been made. I vowed long ago to burn that shows creators at the stake, and my mission still needs completion.

[B]Dragon Ball GT:[/B] With possibly the ugliest character designs in the series. It made every Z Character domesticated and wimpy. And why in God's name would you make Goku a child again... why?

Other than these however, my exposure to anime has been fairly good.[/color][/size]

[quote]Street Fighter II: That got nearly every aspect of the games world wrong, save Guile's hair style. I mean, honstly. Ken had red hair, Ryu had Gohan's due, and Sagat was in prison! Hello!? Plus, Ken and Ryu are possibly the most ambigously gay duo in anime.[/quote]
LOL. Agreed. But not because of the looks. I didn't really mind the looks too much. I was more disappointed in how it turned out when they arrived in India. Animation was okay until this part and the rest. Because they kept on using images from previous fights. The suspense pissed me off greatly. I mean, I like suspense animes and movies just as much as the other. (Especially the show 24) But in this one... Bison would laugh for like 10 minutes and then the show goes off. WHAT THE HELL??? Or in this one episode where Cammy was staring at the back of Chun Li's dad's head for umpteen minutes and then it would go off.

I agree on the whole gay thing as well. Especially when they were fighting each other near the end of the series. The proof is there too. The little soft music theme during there fight. >_< This show started out great, but deterred down the line...... Big disappointment. I could go on and on, but I'll lay off.

Hate to say it, but I'm starting to regret watching Naruto. The dub version anyway. I find myself cringing at the tv everytime I hear Naruto say "Believe it" It maybe a silly reason, but I have low tolerance for such things. Which brings me to my next choice.

Neon Genesis Evangelion. I'm still watching this anime till this day because I'm trying to catch the story of it and I hear great things coming from other people, but Shinji (I think that's his name) is pissing me off to the point where I can't stand to watch another episode. Constant whining.... cowardice.... I cannot stand it.

[quote name='ChaoticFury][COLOR=Red]I hate the new show on cartoon network: Bobobo-bo-bobo. I wish that show would just burn and die![/COLOR'] :mad:[/quote]
Im going to agree with this one. I know the point of that show (in my oppinion) is to be weird, but its to weird for its own good. :animeswea

[quote name='7']The CG version of Appleseed. I haven't seen the original but it just seemed so americanized and sorta like a cheesy action movie. It is probably near Sprits within in terms of watchability.[/quote]That's so weird, I'd say that by and large the CG Appleseed is regarded higher just by word of mouth I've heard. I for one think the CG was great, and having since seen the anime Appleseed, I think it was pretty bad. :)

One anime I wish I never saw was Tokyo Godfathers (I love his other stuff but Godfathers, to me was horrible... another Christmas movie, and yet it was soaked up as if touching Christmas movies were a rare deal). It has been done before and better... Tokyo Godfathers was all about putting misfit characters together and giving a warm Christmas movie, except it failed seeing as how the subs sucked, Japanese voices were terrible, and it was just a goofy to see all the common Christmas-movie type things rehashed in anime (whoa, anime, must be creative - at least that's usually the types of reviews out there for it). I really don't like Inuyasha but there was a time I did, so I don't think it qualifies for the level of downright hate this topic is referring to (Tokyo Godfathers does though).

[quote name='Animekid17']*lol* inuyasha isn't anything like that description. i think you meant[/quote]He might have meant something different but not me, Inuyasha [b]is[/b] boring, [b]very[/b] repetitive in my opinion, and the show should have ended a very long time ago. By now the characters, their annoying childish voices and their silly little teen dramas are just horrible. Again though, that's how I feel about... I know a lot of friends of mine who love it.

[quote name='Doomberg']I dont mean to sound rude but I hat Inuyahsa with a pasion.you are intitled to your own opinion.but i think its reely repeditive an blane.Ill give it ok music though.sd gundam was pretty bad to[/quote]Damn right on all accounts. Actually I have a friend who likes Gundam Wing a lot, looks good - sampling some of the other Gundams, looks like crap... I guess some lines are better than others.

[quote=Animekid17]hate whatever you want. your not gonna get rid of it, and it's not gonna go away because a few dissatisfied people are complaining on an E-forum.

thats all i've gotta say. sorry if I came off rude [/quote]Whee, having an intelligent conversation and indeed you did come off as rude. But that's all right, I give the show another year or so and I bet you'll see change. A lot of fans are kind of upset that it's dragging on so long from what I've read.[quote name='Sting]Wolf's Reign - I wanted to like this. I'm pretty sure this was a great show. But when I saw the 1st episode. I nearly found myself pissed off at the world. I hate seeing shows where animals (especially wolf, dog related) getting shot, hurt, killed.[/quote] Wolf's Rain is probably my second favorite anime series. I love the original concept behind the animals disguising themselves in the post apocalpytic world to seem like humans as a way to survive (since there has been a lot of internal hate generated by wolves in that world's lore). Oh well, to each their own.[quote=Color_Me_Evil']And Chobits. I know a lot of people love that series, but I just found it boring after awhile.[/quote]I thought it was slow and boring while I was watching it, but seeing the ending (and omitting the silly "reflections" type episode, the series was pretty good, I thought the real ending - I believe disc 6 - was [spoiler]really pretty.[/spoiler] All in all worth watching!
[quote name='Sting']Neon Genesis Evangelion. I'm still watching this anime till this day because I'm trying to catch the story of it and I hear great things coming from other people, but Shinji (I think that's his name) is pissing me off to the point where I can't stand to watch another episode. Constant whining.... cowardice.... I cannot stand it.[/quote]I second that, NGE is probably the worst series out there. I find fans typically enjoying it because their friends like it. The anime is horribly dated for first time viewing it now is almost impossible, they could have touched up the DVDs some more, they didn't. But you know what tops it off for all the mentions I just named if not more? Tenchu Muyo. Not only does it qualify with all those other things I mentioned but it happens to be really stupid in my opinion.

As for others I hate? DragonBall * anything is just a bloody waste of time. Maybe it would have went over well when I was 14 (meant no disrespect as far as ages are concerned, I simply meant that my tastes were for just silly action animes back then), but I can't with that or DBZ.

A writer and reviewer at heart when I watch an anime I have a check list of things I go through including quality of the presentation (which might not always matter so much but almost always considers the time the film was made), character development, storyline, storyline development, quality of action sequences if it has any, overall action appeal, and overall film appeal and personal rating (I enjoy a film by both slicing it apart and then comparing that to an "unsliced" model of the film after watching it). The films I mentioned as being poor are, in my opinion, the worst you can get (and I don't say that often).

[quote name='persocomblues']I second that, NGE is probably the worst series out there. I find fans typically enjoying it because their friends like it. The anime is horribly dated for first time viewing it now is almost impossible, they could have touched up the DVDs some more, they didn't.[/quote]
Actually, they did. The recent re-release, Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum, is fully remastered. It features vastly improved video & audio quality, along with extra footage not included in the original version. Quite a few scenes were all but re-animated, and the annoying frame jitter was removed. The differences are blatantly obvious even to those who don't usually pay attention to how the video looks.

It surprises me when people cite Eva's age as a strike against it or say that it's superior to comparable newer series in every regard but visuals. I watched Eva Platinum [i]after[/i] seeing RahXephon, and there were times when I found myself thinking that Eva was the better-looking series. Maybe it's just that something about the character designs made it hard for me to tell if/when they went off-model, although I'm usually very picky about that kind of thing. I dunno.

[quote name='Sting']Neon Genesis Evangelion. I'm still watching this anime till this day because I'm trying to catch the story of it and I hear great things coming from other people, but Shinji (I think that's his name) is pissing me off to the point where I can't stand to watch another episode. Constant whining.... cowardice.... I cannot stand it.[/quote]
Poor Shinji. He always gets such a bad rap.

There was one point in the series (around the final quarter or so, I think) in which I felt that the way he expressed his insecurities was just becoming too repetitive. That didn't last too long, though. I shocked myself by absolutely loving the ending; admittedly it doesn't fit at all with how the rest of the show is done, but the final two episodes are daring & brilliant. I don't care if they arose from a budget shortage or Anno just going over the edge or what. I still find them meaningful. The last episode can practically stand on its own as a sketch of the human condition.

But about Shinji... yeah, there are a lot of people who just don't like him. On a somewhat related note, I would venture to say that going into this show expecting hot-blooded, kick-*** mecha action with some Matrix-style philosophy in the quiet moments is a very bad idea. Shinji may not be as endearing as the typical happy-go-lucky shounen hero, and he may not be as easy to root for as a Gundam pilot or whatever. To me, though, he seemed real. There's a painful honesty in the way he's portrayed. Of course he's paralyzed by fear. Of course he complains about his situation. He's not some kind of hero. He's just a kid.

~Dagger~

[quote=Dagger] Actually, they did. The recent re-release, Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum, is fully remastered. It features vastly improved video & audio quality, along with extra footage not included in the original version. Quite a few scenes were all but re-animated, and the annoying frame jitter was removed. The differences are blatantly obvious even to those who don't usually pay attention to how the video looks.

It surprises me when people cite Eva's age as a strike against it or say that it's superior to comparable newer series in every regard but visuals. I watched Eva Platinum after seeing RahXephon, and there were times when I found myself thinking that Eva was the better-looking series. Maybe it's just that something about the character designs made it hard for me to tell if/when they went off-model, although I'm usually very picky about that kind of thing. I dunno.[/quote]That might in fact be with the platinum, unfortunately neither my library, nor Netflix or my friends for that matter have that set ? I still wish they would have made the initial DVDs of better quality seeing as how the series was converted to DVD, and at that time, the technology was there to enhance them.

As for age being an issue, I?m not sure that it always is. There are things I like that are really old, animes which haven?t been remastered. I couldn?t care less, I watch them and happily ? but I find NGE?s quality, especially in storyline and character development to be exceptionally poor (at random, I know it?s bad, but I took a few NGE episodes and saw either the last show or that last movie, forgot the name Final or Last something? the characters act exactly the same. I?m sure I took it out of context and there are probably good reasons for this, but all in all I think the series is a poor one and not worth my time).

On the other hand (interesting you should say RahXephon), I think Escaflowne and RahXephon both are far superior in everyway to NGE. Again, suppose it says something for taste. I was also not too fond of the style of drawing in NGE (which I found unpredictable at best, a cross between DBZ angry faces and a more common, average anime ? the switch typically seemingly occurred between OVAs in comparison with the actual show, but I haven?t seen NGE in a while, might be wrong on that - remembering making some mental note along similar lines, lol).

Guess I?m picky in my own way too, I?m certainly not discrediting your opinion though ? again, plenty of NGE fans out there. I guess you know you really have an exact opposite opinion as someone when you feel the exact opposite way about something: Shinji for instance, when I watched NGE, I felt was the exact opposite, felt he was unrealistic, probably the main thing holding the show back. Really hope I would have liked it too. ;) Oh well, heh, that's why so many mecha-type animes exist I suppose, us picky people can pick and choose!

[quote name='Gothic InuYasha']Utena! God that was horrible. I hate that show with a true passion. I hated the story, the animation sucked, and what was with that crappy music. Was that music?[/quote]
What, you didn't dig the heavy metal choral thing? For shame! :animesmil

Utena is a prime example of a "love or hate it" anime. I'm surprised this thread went for so long without it being mentioned (assuming I didn't skip over any earlier posts). But I guess that's due in part to the fact that Utena is so tragically under-exposed.

~Dagger~

Guest kogagirl
i really love Inuyasha and everything but it has caused me so many problems in my lifetime its like im so worried about missing it all the time. i even hate going to my mimi's house cause she doesnt have tv and i dont want to miss it. i know if I had never had seen it i wouldnt be like this.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]I wish that I had never seen The Winx Club (if that is considered an anime.. XD) because I thought that that was the most girliest show in my whole life and the voice acting really bit the dust.

I'm not saying that it's a bad show, I'm just saying that I really didn't like it because it was too girly for me. For me, a show about girls turning into faries is just over rated. I think I've seen too many anime shows with girls changing into magical things and saving the world one villian at a time. XD

This is what I think Winx girls look like when they change: :hippy:

Kinda makes you wonder, no?? XD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]