OtakuBoards

What anime do you wish you never saw in the first place?

serenayasha

I cant really say I regret seeing any anime since each one has its good points even the horrible ones....but I guess are some that I could say I dont like or couldnt get into.Dont get mad but I really couldnt get into Witch Hunter Robin.....it was a bit too slow.....and at the time I was watching Last Exile...which is a great anime to watch ;) .I dont like Dragon ball GT....it really brought down the great dragonball and good dragon ball Z series. There was no real story involved...even for a fighting anime.Which I dont like when people say they hate an anime because it has DBZ theme or too much fighting like DBZ....hello did you guys actually watch DBZ....half of it or more was them just starring at each other....hardly any fighting ever really happened. :animeangr plus if anime wants to have a DBZ kind of thing with powers its probably because they want to make an anime on that type of powers but with a better story....nothing wrong with improving...right? :o
I didnt like the Betterman series either.Pokemon? well I liked the begining sagas if you can call it that...but now its just too much

One piece I love its hilirious, cant figure out why its not liked :(

You Dont like Evangelion? :animestun I dont think you should judge an anime by its looks....just because the graphics are a bit out dated doesnt mean a thing....some of the best RPGs ever have low graphics compared to today. It should be the story that interest you...not how pretty it looks. Yeah I guess Shinji is a bad character but only because he represents our indiscisive side of us that we try to deny or cant except. ;) thats MHO.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like evangeleon, i know that singi is not a favorite chareter but i think of him as a reluctant hero type, this is my first time watching the series, and so far it is good, ok sauska might bug me a bit, but i have only seen her in the one ep. i find the show funny at times as well. but i think that there is alot more to singi than every one else gives him credit for,

i also like one peice, i do think that 4kids buchered it and it up sets me that we may never see it unedited,

[QUOTE=Hiko seijuro 14]
One piece I love its hilirious, cant figure out why its not liked :( [/QUOTE]
I probably didn't explain why I didn't like this show good enough the 1st time. I regretted watching this show (granted I only seen the dub and don't plan on downloading the sub or manga) because: 1) I don't care for too much comedy when it comes to animes... cheesy comedy at that. (1 of the reasons I don't care for Naruto anymore.... "shrugs") There are only a few animes I will watch that have comedy in. And it has to have tons of action... (i'll get to that in a moment.) Vandread is one.... and that one caught me by surprise. 2) Other than Pirates of the Carribean I don't care for the whole pirate type story..... Yes, I grew up hating Peter Pan... >_< And then the kids fantasy type thing doesn't quite cut it for me.... A boy trying to be the #1 pirate..... uh.. yea.... >_> 3) The action...... Don't have much to say about it..... It doesn't do anything for me.... It doesn't glue me to the screen. It doesn't make me say wow.

[quote name='Hiko seijuro 14']You Dont like Evangelion? :animestun I dont think you should judge an anime by its looks....just because the graphics are a bit out dated doesnt mean a thing....some of the best RPGs ever have low graphics compared to today. It should be the story that interest you...not how pretty it looks. Yeah I guess Shinji is a bad character but only because he represents our indiscisive side of us that we try to deny or cant except. ;) thats MHO.[/quote]
Let's face it.... some people wants the whole package. They want an anime that tells a good story and looks good. I don't mind the looks though. I'll leave the RPG comment alone because I don't play them ^_^.

[b]Yeah I guess Shinji is a bad character but only because he represents our indiscisive side of us that we try to deny or cant except. ;) thats MHO[/b]
I'm assuming this one is directed towards me? As I've said before. I have low tolerance for such things. I can't stand cowardice, over dramatization...(Naruto) It's just petty things. I guess you can say it's not much.... but that's just my attitude towards things. And with Shinji being that bad..... It's enough to make me dislike the show. (Yes, for me 1 character can blow the entire show..... again... Naruto)

Speaking of which..... I'm starting to regret watching Naruto. I do download the manga and find it better..... but I'm growing tired of the whole thing. As I said about Shinji, Naruto (the character) is blowing the whole thing for me. I do not find him funny. He is way too dramatic. The words "believe it" put together in a sentence pisses me off now. I do like the fighting I've seen thus far but...... "shrugs". I won't go into deep details about the whole voice acting thing but I'll say this much about it. They sound far too dull. (I've never seen the sub) How can I explain this.... Ok.... Kakashi. I think it was this past episode. Kakashi had a surprise look on his face. But his voice didn't match the expression. He just said whatever he said with no emotion.... (petty thing but that'll put me to sleep) Other than that.... it's all Naruto.

Edit: I will say this about Evangelion now that Asuka (the orange head?) came into play... Things have gotten a bit interesting. Perhaps I'll have a different opinion about it when I see the next episode.

[QUOTE=Sting]I probably didn't explain why I didn't like this show good enough the 1st time. I regretted watching this show (granted I only seen the dub and don't plan on downloading the sub or manga) because: 1) I don't care for too much comedy when it comes to animes... cheesy comedy at that. (1 of the reasons I don't care for Naruto anymore.... "shrugs") There are only a few animes I will watch that have comedy in. And it has to have tons of action... (i'll get to that in a moment.) Vandread is one.... and that one caught me by surprise. 2) Other than Pirates of the Carribean I don't care for the whole pirate type story..... Yes, I grew up hating Peter Pan... >_< And then the kids fantasy type thing doesn't quite cut it for me.... A boy trying to be the #1 pirate..... uh.. yea.... >_> 3) The action...... Don't have much to say about it..... It doesn't do anything for me.... It doesn't glue me to the screen. It doesn't make me say wow.

Let's face it.... some people wants the whole package. They want an anime that tells a good story and looks good. I don't mind the looks though. I'll leave the RPG comment alone because I don't play them ^_^.

[b]Yeah I guess Shinji is a bad character but only because he represents our indiscisive side of us that we try to deny or cant except. ;) thats MHO[/b]
I'm assuming this one is directed towards me? As I've said before. I have low tolerance for such things. I can't stand cowardice, over dramatization...(Naruto) It's just petty things. I guess you can say it's not much.... but that's just my attitude towards things. And with Shinji being that bad..... It's enough to make me dislike the show. (Yes, for me 1 character can blow the entire show..... again... Naruto)

Speaking of which..... I'm starting to regret watching Naruto. I do download the manga and find it better..... but I'm growing tired of the whole thing. As I said about Shinji, Naruto (the character) is blowing the whole thing for me. I do not find him funny. He is way too dramatic. The words "believe it" put together in a sentence pisses me off now. I do like the fighting I've seen thus far but...... "shrugs". I won't go into deep details about the whole voice acting thing but I'll say this much about it. They sound far too dull. (I've never seen the sub) How can I explain this.... Ok.... Kakashi. I think it was this past episode. Kakashi had a surprise look on his face. But his voice didn't match the expression. He just said whatever he said with no emotion.... (petty thing but that'll put me to sleep) Other than that.... it's all Naruto.

[COLOR=Orange]I agree with you completly that Naruto can singlehandly ruin a show for someone. Seriously he says BELIVE IT after every sentance. I cant watch the show anymore because of him.[/COLOR]
Edit: I will say this about Evangelion now that Asuka (the orange head?) came into play... Things have gotten a bit interesting. Perhaps I'll have a different opinion about it when I see the next episode.[/QUOTE]

Wait until you get to the end of the series then it gets great. You will be hooked. However the last two eprsodes are going to drive you insane.

[QUOTE=CloudsOnly189][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=navy]I wish that I had never seen The Winx Club (if that is considered an anime.. XD) because I thought that that was the most girliest show in my whole life and the voice acting really bit the dust.

I'm not saying that it's a bad show, I'm just saying that I really didn't like it because it was too girly for me. For me, a show about girls turning into faries is just over rated. I think I've seen too many anime shows with girls changing into magical things and saving the world one villian at a time. XD

This is what I think Winx girls look like when they change: :hippy:

Kinda makes you wonder, no?? XD[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE][left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=2][color=navy]I don't know why they keep showing animes with girls changing into faires or things that has powers. But they are annoying. So annoying! Except I will excuse TMM cause I like it. Also, that smilies is very funny!;) [/color][/size][/font][/left]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkRed]Hmm... I wish I'd never seen... ANY anime killed by 4kids *cough*Shaman King, One Piece, Tokyo MewMew*cough* THEY KILLED AWESOME MANGA! :animecry: I hate them! :animeangr
Also, the Naruto anime has WAAAAAAAAAAY too much dubbing done to it. Too many "believe it"'s, too many pauses in Kakashi-sensei's dialouge, to many overdramatics (when they first run into Haku).
Oh, and Transformers.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Dark Neko-Chan][COLOR=DarkRed]Hmm... I wish I'd never seen... ANY anime killed by 4kids *cough*Shaman King, One Piece, Tokyo MewMew*cough* THEY KILLED AWESOME MANGA! :animecry: I hate them! :animeangr
Also, the Naruto anime has WAAAAAAAAAAY too much dubbing done to it. Too many "believe it"'s, too many pauses in Kakashi-sensei's dialouge, to many overdramatics (when they first run into Haku).
COLOR][/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you just said. I wish I never saw any bucthered anime especialy when they have good manga counterparts.

[COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Courier New]Probably DBZ. I think seein Cell throw that one person up...UGH!! Sorry, it's just he creeped me out when I did watch it. :animeswea ANd anotha probly would be...Duel Masters. God, that was copy of Yu-Gi-Oh!!! Man, that pissed me off. :mad: I think that's it. No wait, is B-Da-Man an anime? That show is stoopid as crap. It's like Beyblade only different. ANd now, Beyblade is good. And any show kille dby 4Kids. Definitely. [/FONT] [/COLOR]

Not really an anime but I will say it anyway. The boondocks. I love this show but it comes on too late for me to see without being super tired the next morning.
P.S. Thank god they replaced Inuyasha for something beacause that show sucked
and I did'nt as for your oppinion fanboys. :animesmil

Guest ShadowFangs
[FONT=Century Gothic]I Don't Really Like Elfien Lied Or FLCL All That Much....(I Know Alot Of People Like FLCL But I Don't Get It)[/FONT]

[color=#ff6600]Please expand on your choices. What don't you get? Why don't you like Elfen Lied? Threads are for discussion. If you do not wish to discuss anything, don't post. If you wish to discuss, please offer fodder for discussion. :) -Lore[/color]

Guest Urashima
[QUOTE=Dark Neko-Chan]
Oh, and Transformers.[/QUOTE]

ok, i've seen alot of people bashing decent anime in here, but this is over the line. the original Transformers is probably one of the best animes of the 70's..
Granted, there were flaws (cheesie morally driven story lines and bad dubbing) BUT these are American flaws!!

This goes for everyone out there..

AMERICANIZED Anime is a load of horse crap! I don't know what it is, these companies just don't get it. take for example DragonBall..awesome anime, but when they put it onto american tv, they totally ruined it..

Guest Kistle
I wish I hadn't have seen One Piece, DBZ, and Mew Mew Power... :animestun

[color=#ff6600]Please expand on your choices. A post that is nothing but a list is not enough to encourage discussion. -Lore[/color]

Paranoia Agent
Fooly Cooly
That Hide and Seek thing that was on Adult Swim one time or something
The last two episodes of s-CRY-ed

[color=#ff6600]Please expand on your choices. A post that is nothing but a list is not enough to encourage discussion. -Lore[/color]

[quote]This goes for everyone out there..

AMERICANIZED Anime is a load of horse crap! I don't know what it is, these companies just don't get it. take for example DragonBall..awesome anime, but when they put it onto american tv, they totally ruined it..[/quote]
And yet we all have our opinions on what we think is great or not.
Really. I see no point in getting pissed off at someones views on an anime that you like. I can see if they are saying "People who watch this show sucks" but no one is saying anything like that. So..... yea.. "shrugs"

i can understand why people dont really like flcl, its one of those you either love or hate. i personaly love it, but you have to watch it a few times before you get it lol. i always tell people that its like watching a train wreck, you see it happening and are confused, and you want to look away but you cant, and then after you understand every thing that happend you want to see it again.

bad annalogy i know lol

[SIZE=1]I probably wish I have never seen stuff like Pokemon, Duel Master, Yu-Gi-Oh {Ect.}... I just don't get it ....[/SIZE]

[color=#ff6600]Please expand on your choices. Threads are for discussion. If you do not wish to discuss anything, don't post. If you wish to discuss, please offer fodder for discussion. :) -Lore[/color]

Heh, lots of people are going to eat me for this but...
Dragon Ball Z... Any Dragon Ball, I don't care. I don't like the plot, the people, the art.... I just never got into it. Which can be a pain, because my best friend is in love with it... :animesigh

[CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink][FONT=Verdana]I agree, the whole Dragonball series... I just don't like it. Sorry.

Although, I watched the first dvd of Chance Pop Star Singers. It was the silliest thing I've ever watched.

Bobobo bo bo bo bo is rather silly, too. I mean, the title alone!

And sorry, I don't like Zatch Bell. [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[size=1][font=georgia]All of the animes I have seen makes me regret knowing they even existed. Some go to the point of taking over my mind, and that's why I have posters, wallscrolls, and pillows and plushies of them. Probably a good amount of money to that stuff, too.

But answering your question, I regret ever seeing InuYasha. At a point I did like that show, but it died. Come on people, how long does it take to find one dude, kill him, put back pieces of a freakin jewel and then go back to your original lives? Apparently at least 150 episodes.
When I look back on it too, I found myself screaming at the television at the people on the show; idiots. Everyone complains and have some dumb love story going on. Oh well, people like it, and some people don't. That's just my opinion on the show.

And [i]SD Gundam...[/i] argh, not going there. Basically, really any anime airing on CN right now I do not very much like. Haven't seen Naruto, don't feel like it either. I'm just too lazy to keep up with episodes and all anymore.[/size][/font]