OtakuBoards

worst movies you have ever seen

rainbowphoenix

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sound of Music wasn't that bad. It has good songs. "Do a deer, a female deer..." "These are few of my favourite things..." la la la -dances-

The worst movie I have ever seen was "Beauty Shop". I swear, I would pay to [b]not[/b] see Queen Latifa again. It had no plot, and was either overly racial, or overly pointless.

I want five hours of my life back. No it wasn't that long, it just felt like it.

-Arvi

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='rainbowphoenix']These are some of the worst movies I have ever seen: the village, sound of music, good boy I really hate this movies so if you liked them you should not post here and please tell about bad movies you have seen.[/quote]

The Village really disappointed me...

I thought it was going to be [I]MUCHO[/I] more scary than it was..

It's sad when the scariest part of a movie is when a girl falls in to a big hole. It's the only part that actually made me jump... :animeswea [/FONT][/COLOR]

I acually liked the Village. It wasn't scary, but it was interesting, and some of the ending things where a pleasent suprise.

The worst movies I've seen personally are Scary Movie 3 -I think it was just plain stupid-, and The 40 Year Old Virgin which just bored the hell out of me personally.

Well the reason why I didn't like sound of music is because first, when the children's dad talks it is extremly hard to understand what he is saying, he talks too fast, and the women and the children looked kind of stupid when they dance and sing
Now lets talk about the village, first the movie wasn't scary at all, second the fact that the villagers disguise themselves as the monster just kills the movie, third the monsters doesn't look scary and finally the plot just sucked.
Another bad movie I saw was spanglish, god the movie bored the hell out of me, I tried to fall sleep but I just couldn't, its the most boring movie I have ever seen.

[QUOTE]I acually liked the Village. It wasn't scary, but it was interesting, and some of the ending things where a pleasent suprise. [/QUOTE]
You know, I might have liked The Village had I not read basically the same thing back in 3rd/4th grade or so with the novel [I]Running Out of Time.[/I] [I]God[/I], what a horrible book. Even the title looks so unappealing.

Anyway, for movies I *really* don't like? The original [B]The Haunting[/B] is one. I can forgive the remake because I was expecting nothing better. But with the original, people told me it was better and pretty decent! Heck, that film was so dull, I didn't even know it was ending when it did.

Jason and the Argonauts is another one. It didn't even follow the story all that closely! The actual story was more interesting (and funny [at least it was to us Latin kids]).

[B]Alfred Hitchcock films[/B]: I....just can't like them. I've tried so hard to like them and have seen several multiple times all the way through but, they just strike me as very uninteresting and poorly executed.

[B]The Omen IV[/B]: omg XD I shouldn't even have to say anything about this one. The third Omen was passable at best and it was MEANT to end there. But in IV, they have the Anti-Christ be a little girl....or something. I caught on UPN one day a couple years back XD This reminds me though that I need to go rewatch the first two. They were so neat ^^ especially the second one.

There's plenty of other movies I'm sure (I'm looking at YOU, romantic/comedy genre), but these were from the top of my head. XD

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Being a devoted movie fan, I've seen my fair share of truly dire films. The first that springs to mind is the latest in The Crow movie series, Wicked Prayer which I rented at some stage in the Autumn. The Crow in itself is an interesting concept to base films around provided they have a proper cast and an interesting story, WP had neither, well aside from David Furlong but one man cannot a good movie make. The plot itself was laughable and not at all in keeping with the traditional plots of The Crow, and the truly woeful performances by David Boreanaz and Tara Reid, despite the fact that the genre is nothing new to Mr Boreanaz and he is more than capable of giving good performances.

I?m very tempted to just label it as shite, but given it?s heritage, shite is too compassionate a word to use for this utter drivel, in reality it?s an insult to the original, and an insult to Brandon Lee.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Corey][size=1']Muppet Treasure Island was so much better.[/size][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Indeed, Tim Curry as Long John Silver cannot be topped. [/SIZE]

Man, I have watched tons of bad movies, but some of the recent ones were:

Sin City-I know most people love this movie, but I just didn't like it. I really don't have a reason to be honest, I just didn't find it entertaining.

Alone in the Dark-Oh my God. Seriously, why is Uwe Boll still allowed to make movies?

Texas Chainsaw Masacre(remake)-As a horror fan, I just didn't like it. I felt when compared to the original, it fell flat.

[quote name='SatansRightHand']That's a tough one. Hmm. I can't remember the name, but it is a westeran musical.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]Hmm Western Musicals, off the top of my head that sounds like either Calamity Jane or possibly Annie Get Your Gun. There's another one who's name I just can't think of at the moment, but those two sound like the likeliest candidates.[/SIZE]

Most movies from MST3K...if you watch them un-MSTed then they will break your brain. I think Flight Plan was one of the worst, recent movies I've seen. I tend to be very picky about what movies I actually go see. Also The Ring 2 was absolutely terrible and this is from a fan of the first one.

[quote name='SatansRightHand']That's a tough one. Hmm. I can't remember the name, but it is a westeran musical.[/quote]
[B]Oklahoma! [/B] ? [B]Paint Your Wagon[/B]? [B]Blazing Saddles [/B] has some songs in it, but you wouldn't dare say you hated Blazing Saddles, right? XDD Same goes for Paint Your Wagon. C'mon, [I]Lee Marvin [/I] and [I]Clint Eastwood[/I] in a musical.

What about [B]Seven Brides For Seven Brothers? [/B]

(XD why have I seen all of these??)

EDIT: Woah, Sage Kaley, looks like we've got a KKM theme going eh? XD

[COLOR=DarkRed]The worst movie that I think I've ever seen was [I]A Christmas Carol: The Musical[/I]. It had some nice songs in it, but overall the movie just put me to sleep. I also wansn't too fond of [I]The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/I]. I felt like I was waiting for the good part of the movie, but that part never came. And it didn't help that I was forced to sit through it twice.[/COLOR]

[quote name='rainbowphoenix']These are some of the worst movies I have ever seen: the village, sound of music, good boy I really hate this movies so if you liked them you should not post here and please tell about bad movies you have seen.[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
First, I have to say that I adore the sound of music. Indeed, it is a freakin' long (and at times slow) movie, but I found it totally worth it. It's magic =D

Worst movie off the top of my head would be 'Broke Down Palace' it's from.. probably '99 or 2000... it was about two girls going to China or something, and they meet this guy and have a great time and do some inappropriate things together with him, and they wake up and he's gone. Then, as they go through Customs to get onto the next plane, they're stopped and it turns out he's put drugs in their suitcases. It just gets more boring and more stupid as the movie goes on >_>

Second would be A Series of Unfortunate Events. Why? Because I was an avid reader of the books and they missed/mixed so much of it up that I was severely disappointed in the end.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I'm not a huge movie person, but I have seen my fair share of bad flicks. I'll see if I can rattle a few off of the top of my head.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

I know, I know, it's Final Fantasy, but I got so bored that I had to take the cassette out of my VCR. Yes, the graphics were good--phenomenal for the time--but it was...slow. I never saw the end because it put me right to sleep.

Hide and Seek

The only person I liked in this movie was Dakota Fanning. She is one phenomenal little girl. But, they claim that that is a scary movie? I beg to differ. When you can predict what will happen in what is supposed to be a horror movie, then it isn't that scary at all.

Star Wars Episodes I-III

I'm sorry. I just don't like Anakin. I really can't see how they say that a movie featuring a whiney little idiot as the main character is any good, none the less the 'most emotionally moving film of the year'. Compared to the original movies, these are nothing. They don't even reach the same calibur in shock value.

Beauty Shop

I'm not a fan of this genre. period. But I sat through it and was rather annoyed with my mother that she made me see it. Then again, she tends to do that; makes me watch movies in an attempt to enlighten me about what it means to be a social creature. If I want humor, I'll take Monty Python any day...

Ocean's Twelve

Was I supposed to understand this? Yet another movie Mom made me watch, and another few hours lost out of my life that I could have used sleeping. Then again, maybe I should have seen the prequel before I watched this, but Mom didn't quite understand that rationale.

I told you that I'd rattle off a list, and there's still plenty more where that came from.

[size=1]I'd have to say the worst movie I have ever seen is a little-known (and I thank god for that) martial arts movie starring Billy Zane called [b]Invincible.[/b] If anyone has ever seen this travesty of a movie, then they will agree with me. Some bizarre plot to do with beings from another dimension fighting with the power of the elements, it sounds entertaining enough, but I almost clawed my eyes out in sheer despair.

Another movie I actualy physically hurt myself to escape watching was [b]Raise You Voice [/b]with Hilary Duff. It was the worst pile of steaming movie gunk I have ever seen, a cheap [b]Fame[/b]-wannabe. I had to sit through it because I was at a girl's house, and the girls outnumbered the guys, so we were forced to watch it.
[/size]

I really thought that tyhe Aminity Ville Horror movie was going to be scary, but the only scary part and tragic at that was the beginning where they reinacted the actual events that inspired them to make the movie. But besides that the movie wasn't scary, just funny to laugh at really :catgirl: Besides that the whole movie was basically about the guy anyways... not that interesting.

I would have to say the worst movie ever is the so-called timeless classic,[B] To Kill a Mockingbird[/B]. I read the book and found it interesting enough, but the movie was... wow, physically painful to watch. Gregory Peck was, as he usually is, outstanding - but that is about where it ends. The rest of the acting was among the worst I have ever seen. One woman (The woman that Tom Robinson suposedly raped, Mary-Ellen or whatever her name was (The guy who plays Bob Euwel speaks in some unintellegable draw so I can't tell what he is sayingl)) in perticular was so rediculous bad I doubled over and threw up. Tom Robinson was a solid, but unfortunatly he was only in the movie for a 15-minute period. The movie also left out some of the better parts of the book and I was thuroughly disapointed. Furthermore, the kid they picked to be Dill looks like some kind of goblin out of a sadists nightmare. The people who they picked to do Scout and Jem were annoying, as well.

It was Robert Duvall's (One of the greatest actors of all time) first on-screen appearnce, but unfortunatly he didn't have ONE SINGLE LINE.

Also, [B]The Perfect Storm[/B] makes be VERY angry as a sailor, as they were illegally fishing in the Canadian Waters and the Grand Banks. Plus the actors who normally do very well (George Clooney et al) were quite atrocious.

[QUOTE=Stark]
Star Wars Episodes I-III

I'm sorry. I just don't like Anakin. I really can't see how they say that a movie featuring a whiney little idiot as the main character is any good, none the less the 'most emotionally moving film of the year'. Compared to the original movies, these are nothing. They don't even reach the same calibur in shock value. [/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=royalblue]*glomps* Finally, somebody who sees my view. ^^;;

Let's see...the eighth grade incentive trip we took last May had us at [b]Star Wars III[/b]. Me and my buddy Diane were seemingly the only ones out of a hundred rabid eighth graders to be hating the film. Slowly dieing in the seats...
It was way too freakin' predictible. Nothing surprising or shocking at all. "Yeah, he's gonna die, they're gonna die, that's not gonna work out..." It was easy. >.> At least I have minor respect for the originals.

Another film that I couldn't sit through turned out to be [b]Lord of the Rings[/b]. Just the first one. My brother was borrowing the DVD and I sat down to watch it. After about an hour, I just left, bored out of my freakin' mind.

It seems that I have a hard time conforming with popular movies. I hardly ever like movies that are hailed as masterpieces and have - dare I say it? - huge cult followings. XD Hrm.

But whenever I go to the movies with my friends, we always mangae to make something funny. Even though we typically see comedies, we went to see "Batman Begins" together. In the very back of the ultra-screen theater we sat, randomly popping out "Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah Bat-man!" or "To the Bat-cave!". Way too much fun. XD[/color][/size]

Worst movie in the whole world I would have to say the Tekken movie. It lacks the essence of each character, its just fighting but they never actually describe why they are fighting and then comes Anna with a bazukka gun and tries to kill Nina, Ana would not use Bazzukas.

Normally I am not one to open a good ol can of woop Spam but here it is the WORST movie I EVER saw:

[IMG]http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/img.php?f=news43aebcd7c103at&dir=news[/IMG]

If no one can see this pic It is a movie called Santa's Slay Staring Bill Goldberg

[quote name='IceRose']Worst movie in the whole world I would have to say the Tekken movie. It lacks the essence of each character, its just fighting but they never actually describe why they are fighting and then comes Anna with a bazukka gun and tries to kill Nina, Ana would not use Bazzukas.[/quote]
[font=trebuchet ms]Anna uses a bazooka in Tekken 5's intro movie. Silly Gabby.

I can't really comment on the worst movie I've ever seen, I make it a point to only watch good movies. However, I thought Transporter 2 was a major letdown. It was just really cliche and overall just... dumb. I reviewed on my myO a few months ago and had some good laughs. It should have been sold as a comedy or a parody, it threw so many cliches and every event was expected. This is the most recent failure that I watched.

*reads down to Sage Kaley's post* Yeah, Ring 2 was pretty bad, it tied up loose ends that weren't there to begin with. I disagree with Stark on Hide and Seek, I did predict the ending quickly, but it wasn't really a bad movie. It was an enjoyable movie, at the least.[/font]

[QUOTE=Katana][size=1][color=royalblue]

It was way too freakin' predictible. Nothing surprising or shocking at all. "Yeah, he's gonna die, they're gonna die, that's not gonna work out..." It was easy. >.> At least I have minor respect for the originals.
[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
Of course? It's easy to tell that people are going to die, or that things aren't going to work out since IV-VI tell us so. Everyone should know what's basically going to happen...unless they for some reason didn't bother with the original trilogy. Not that I'm defending the film or anything, just that that reason seems very silly. I only liked Ewan in there anyway XD

and imo, Episode II wasn't [I]that [/I] bad. I think people were just pissed because it's not like the originals. I've seen much much worse than Episode II and III. I can't/won't vouch for Episode I. XD

[quote name='The Newfie']Also, The Perfect Storm makes be VERY angry as a sailor, as they were illegally fishing in the Canadian Waters and the Grand Banks. Plus the actors who normally do very well (George Clooney et al) were quite atrocious.[/quote]
YES. THANK YOU. I saw that film when I was 11/12, and I couldn't stand it. To this day, it's just such a snoozer for me. I can't summon up enough interest for those types of films.

Which reminds me, from the movies I've seen so far, I think I can come to the conclusion that I don't like movies that are about/are involved with/or are, for the most part, on boats. I'm trying to think of something I liked, but all I can think of is The Perfect Storm, Speed II, Jaws, Posideon Adventure, Titanic...you probably get the picture XD