OtakuBoards

How do you feel when it comes to the oppsite or same sex

Guest Mythology

Guest Mythology
I feel that it some times hard to pick up the signals girls put out so you can pick up but as i got older learned that if a girl hits you it doesen't mean she likes like that I also hate that when you like a girl and they like you but they just wont go out with you cause what others might say?

becuase if you really like as much as you say then we shouldn't have to worry about what they think.

I mostly hate when you get the wrong idea and you end up looking like a idot.

so thell me waht you think and what your probloems are if good enough help me out.

[color=crimson][font=lucida console] Well, I'm a guy and I don't like to be hit either, except for playful hitting, which can mean the girl/guy is interested in you, something about wanting contact but not wanting the object of affection to know his/her feelings, if I remember correctly...

Anybody that wont go out with you because of what others might think is not worth worrying about, if the love was deep and meaningful enough, that girl wouldn't care what others thought.

I also hate it when you get the wrong idea when a girl is sending you signals, and it's very easy to do. The only advice I can give oin this situation is, bite lip, learn from your bungle, and remember that it happens to the best of us.[/font][/color]

thank god! but besides that girls like to hit guys because it makes us feel secure. i'll love tap a guy to show friendship but not necessarily interest. oh and all the crazy crap we do that you don't understand, if it's anything, we really don't understand why we so it either. kinda a reflex/instinct thing. i love guys becuase they're so much fun and i'd never do the crap that some of ya'll talk about. those are b*tches, not girls. anyone who plays game like that should be severely punished. oh and guys, don't ever be whipped. it's fun to manipulate you into doing what we want you to do but if you just do what we ask right off there's no sport in that! it gets boring. one rule that i live by with guys is that he can be hot, rich, and kind but if he's boring i'm runnin. i'm bi but i'm not gonna get into that area, it pisses me off sometimes the way other girls can act.

Lol, hitting a guy, I only do that to my guy friends, and yeahI agree with Shinji on the fact that sometimes a girl who hits you likes you, that's what I made clear last year and when I would hug some of my guy friends and then just tapped the one I liked, I know its silly but yeah... I freak everytime I find myself liking a guy.

• 3 weeks later...
what i found weird is the fact is that you get punched in the first place(playfull).
i mean i`m from holland and a weirdo amongst all groups and subcultures of the dutch population, it might be that it might be nothing.
but i never got hit but other impulses and signals wich to i respond with other signals in return to sort of finding out what a person wants from me.

still i do understand it and indeed if you have questions about girls you should ask a girl, that is what i do you just have to be carefull if you ask a girl or as celoctopus discribed a b*tch.
find that out first and just talk.

i know a few things by myself because that is instinct and i tend to play on that instinct to a girl to find out what she wants, or we just have sex.
it`s all your choice in what kind of girls you want to attract: serious relation - girl, just some playtime and on to the next and the next - b*tch.
only then is that after a while people get to know you as either the lover or the sex mungering type.

to make it short: you decide your choice.
just be honest.

hope it helps^_^

Guest IAmMyChem
[COLOR=Blue]undefined[/COLOR][SIZE=3]undefined[/SIZE]Well, see.Im a girl, and it's not that I like other chicks to hit on me, but if they do I thank them and take it as a compliment.As for guys...HE HE! I flirt with them all!Even the ones that already have girlfriends.No.I dont feel bad about it.If they flirt back it means they are no good and ive done the girls a favor in revealing so.
Yeah, you might think im slutty, but girls- if your guy was flirting with another girl while you werent around wouldnt you want to know?? :catgirl:
Well then im doin yas all a favor! Of course if the guys i flirt with asked me out, id say no.Cuz i never act on my personal feelings.How do they like that??

I don't know...I slap my guy friends when they say something really perverted, and it's geared toward me. Or if they say something REALLY not nice about a certain friend of mine. It doesn't mean anything. And I don't hurt them anyways. They don't mind. They slap me back sometimes. It's fun. :animesmil

Girls, a man's hardest case to crack. Who knows what there thinking. I'm a dud when it comes to girls myself. We SHOULD understand each other. Whats the fun in that though, it's better to leave the opposite sex solving the other one it's more challenging that way. Besides some women think us guys are as smart as a stump. Us guys might think the same, girls are as equal as men maybe greater who knows.

I can never catch the signals fast enough, they usually hit me later that night when it's too late. As far as the hitting issue, unless it is being playfull, neither should hit the other. I am currently happy too be single, the loner's life for me :animesmil

I have a friend and he's gay. But I still love him, and that's never going to change. But I hate the way that I see people treating him. They act like he's got a disease it's so rude. I can't take it. So what thier different doesn't mean you should treat them like poop. Their people just like us. And I know I don't see anything wrong with it. If they want to like people of the same sex it shouldn't matter, their still our friend and family.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

This is the first time I'd ever heard about a girl hitting a guy to let him know she may be interested in him, stuff like that only happened back when I was in early primary school. As for picking up on a girl's signals, generally I've been the one to do the asking out so there weren't a whole bunch of signals to pick up on, but the most obvious ones I've come across is when they smile at you, I know it doesn't take a genius to notice that one but it's the most common one I've come across. [/SIZE]

I can agree with that, my girlfriend still hits me. She smacks me then starts hugging me. It's kinda weird, but I'm getting used to it, which is even scarier. She still asks me why I put up with the abuse, and I just tell her that I'm just that kinda guy. I know that no matter what she says it's not an all around thing with her, because she doesn't hit one of our other friends like that (and she sees this she'll know who I'm talking about). I think I'm just more fun for her to beat on.

Why can't people be honest? If there is a particular interest for someone I just say it. No waiting or beating around the bush, life is too short to be dancing around things.
IMHO :D

[SIZE=1]It's funny this topic came up because actually I have to admit, I do hit guys. Before you start to judge me, it's not like I do it on purpose. It's more like a playful punch, like renayiiq had stated mostly with guy friends when they say a cruel joke about me or something perverted. It's kind of a bad habit I guess, but they don't mind. Since I'm use to behaving like my guy friends, I noticed that I tend to do that to my crushes as well.

There was this one guy I had a crush on, and he said some compliment about how pretty I was and that guys must like me a lot and I punched him on the arm. He said it didn't hurt, but I can tell from his face it did. I felt awful after but he got over it fast. I really don't know my own strength sometimes. However, most the time it's just a playful tap. If a girl hits you, that sometimes yes it can be in a flirty manner. I guess you could call it "fiesty flirting" since that's what I do to my boyfriend sometimes. I don't recommend any boy liking me unless they can handle tough love, :blackeye:. [/SIZE]

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hm.

Everyone has different styles of relating. It's really not that females are so much more confusing than males. Both genders are guilty of misinterpreting the other's behaviour and assessing things poorly...as well as sending the mixed signals.

Often, the person giving out "signals" has no clear idea of what they actually want--or they are afraid of making what they want obvious to others. Thus, their signals come out as both positive and negative, and the interpretor is left confused.

OR-- sometimes, they enjoy the atention of flirting, but have no intention for it to go beyond that.

As for hitting, what's wrong with being playful sometimes? So what if you're an adult and behaving like you're still in primary school? As long as it's playful and both parties are enjoying acting like idiots, I don't see the harm in it. I do it quite often, myself... and it usually turns into a rather hilarious wrestling bout and makes both of us laugh ourselves silly. It's just another way of being close without the discomfort of awkward romantic/sexual shyness.

In fact, if you can't play with your partner or would-be partner, that's a bit sad. I mean, playfighting isn't for everyone, but if you're worried about "behaving like you're in primary school"...then I think you're in for a dull relationship. Being constantly "grown up" is a bore. I say--find a balance and be comfortable with both sides of it.
[/font]

Guest naruto-x
I feel it is easy to loose control around the opossite sex because they don't actually tell you what you need todo or say when your around them :animesigh.
If they just set those standards then it would be alot easier for us (meaning men).
Also, why the hell are there gay people?Escuse my language but why are there gay people?

[QUOTE=naruto-x]
Also, why the hell are there gay people?Escuse my language but why are there gay people?[/QUOTE]
Just to spite ignorant pricks such as yourself, I'm sure.

I've a better question: Why are there still so many ignorant, intolerant bastards?

Your language is excusable, but your ignorance is not.

[QUOTE=elfpirate]Just to spite ignorant pricks such as yourself, I'm sure.

I've a better question: Why are there still so many ignorant, intolerant bastards?[/QUOTE]

Ouch...

I know that it was a bit (understatement) of an uncivilised question, but did it really need such an uncivilised answer?

[QUOTE=Dodeca]
I know that it was a bit (understatement) of an uncivilised question, but did it really need such an uncivilised answer?[/QUOTE]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Fair enough. I admit my answer wasn't exactly civilised, but I also don't think such an ignorant question needs to be handled with kid gloves, so to speak... and I wasn't in the best of moods when I read that question and answered it, therefore, losing any eloquence I might have had in pointing out how ignorant the question was.

I suppose I could have gone into some explanation for why there are people who differ from him in many different aspects, covering gender, sexuality, race, and culture, among other things, but sometimes I simply don't have the patience for people's ignorance nor the energy to try to educate them on things they should already be aware of. *shrugs*
[/font]

[size=2]Actually, I think it's (homosexuality) related to a chemical imbalance a person is born with, but I may be entirely wrong and I'm not trying to offend anyone.[/size]

[size=2][/size]
[size=2]And as for them telling you what to do or say... you shouldn't bend to the whim of another person. That means you're insecure about yourself and need to build some self-esteem and learn that there is literally someone for everyone. There's a personality to match yours, so you don't need to change yours to match someone else's.[/size]

[size=2]**[/size]

[size=2]On subject, girls hit guys, that's just what happens sometimes. Like last week (or two weeks ago?) I went to a youth dance at my church and got kicked in the spine quite a few times with high heels... Yeah, painful. Anyway, if someone could explain that one, I'd be greatful... She was laughing the whole time :animestun How in the world?[/size]

When it comes to the oppisite sex i I really dont bother with anyone Id rather stay single that way I dont have someone jumpingon my back about doin the stuff i do. Plus sometime its just way tooooooo complicated. Also when your single you dont worry about yuor girl/boy friend hurtting you. :animeswea

[quote name='lumpy3922']I have a friend and he's gay. But I still love him, and that's never going to change. But I hate the way that I see people treating him. They act like he's got a disease it's so rude. I can't take it. So what thier different doesn't mean you should treat them like poop. Their people just like us. And I know I don't see anything wrong with it. If they want to like people of the same sex it shouldn't matter, their still our friend and family.[/quote]

I can't stand people like that. Honestly, what is the point of being homophobic? I have an uncle--> he's gay, so is my brother-in-law, his friends, My elderly friend Ed, any alot of my friends are gay, bi, or lesbian.

Honestly, if i ever have children, i hope one of them tells me one day, that they are gay.

Guys can be a little hard to read.
Being a girl, you can't be sure if they are talking to you purely for the sake of being friends, or if they have[I] other[/I] motives *cough* But I find that guys are a bit easier to get along with than girls.
And even though I'm a girl, I don't understand girls either.
We can be mean.

[CENTER]I hate those really flirty girls that lead everyone on then just kinda turn and leave.
Of course, I kinda feel awkward around guys, too. I mean, we could be having a nice conversation about sports or video games or somethin' of the sort, and the topic of hot girls will come up. I think they forget I'm a girl :animeswea

I just like to hang out. I like to get to know people before I would ever even consider dating them. Friends can always be friends, but as soon as you become an 'item', everything can change.

But what would I know? I've never had a boyfriend in my life XP[/CENTER]