OtakuBoards

Have you ever wanted to chang an ending or a part of an Anime???

serenayasha

Guest kogagirl
i know its like on inuyasha you really want inuyasha and kagome to get together but they never do. i havnt seen all the episodes but i did read the summarys.

both mahoromatic, evangelion and his & her circumstances all have horrible endings that i wish would have been different, and surprisingly enough all 3 of them were made by Gainax. With all three of the series' they leave way too much up in the air, forcing you to intrepret the ending for yourself, well except in mahoromatic's case [spoiler]i wish mahoro wouldn't have had to sacrifice herself leaving suguru to endure 20 years of lonliness before he finally gets to see her once more before he dies, thats just way too depressing and it didn't fit the series at all.[/spoiler]

On the other hand, some series' that had excellent endings would have to be Elfen Lied and Last Exile. they did a great job of really wrapping everything up and not leaving me wanting more out of the series while at the same time leaving you with a warm/fuzzy feeling inside (well... i guess not so much with elfen lied, but you get the picture), and there really aren't many series' that i can say that about.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=2][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Geez, that was a sad,tragic ending...it wasnt so in the manga, why in the anime?
But yet again in the manga it was more of a steady friendship between Rosette and Chrono...unlike in the anime..they loved each other and all...maybe that´s why they had different endings.
God!!
I wish i could change the anime ending of Chrono Crusade!!!
Sooo,sooo sad...one of the few animes i've cried in... [/FONT] [/SIZE][/COLOR] :animecry:

Inuyasha:[spoiler]I got mad when it just ended with Inuyasha and Kagome just sitting in the tree. It leaves everything unsolved. Kohaku is till under Naraku's control, Kikyo's still alive, and Inuyasha and Kagome are still not together. [/spoiler]

DragonBall:[spoiler]Well, DragonBall is what started my anime addiction, so I can't leave this one out. Honestly, I didn't like the idea of the Dragon Balls merging with Goku and Goku running off with Shenlong to wherever eternal dragons go.[/spoiler]

Bellpickle, if your talking about Escaflowne the movie, I totally agree. The whole thing with [spoiler]the beast guy killing the main badguy[/spoiler] was frikkin stupid. Interesting, but stupid.

The end of X, while brilliant, didn't explain much. [spoiler]Kamui is sittin there crying over Fuma's head, meanwhile Tokyo is entirely flooded. I guess the good guys lost? I don't understand...[/spoiler]

King of Bandits Jing had no closure whatsoever. I'd love to redo that series and give it a proper storyline and ending.

[SIZE=1]To ? Nomad Tical ?: Actually, I was referring to the Escaflowne series. I have yet to watch the film, since I've read and heard a lot of mixed opinions on it.

Also, I think CLAMP has yet to finish the X/1999 manga, which would explain the movie's open-endedness.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Demon Eyes Kyo']It left me disappointed just by seeing the movie I don?t even want to see the series that?s out.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]Actually, the ending of the series is veeeery different from that of the movie's. In my opinion, it was a little sappy, but much better overall.

The X movie as a whole really wasn't that great in comparison to the series and especially the manga.[/SIZE]

anime in general end in two ways: with nothing resolved, or everyone dying.

it's just the Eastern approach to storytelling. think about your life-- how many times have all of your loose ends been tied up and you just got to stop at the most comfortable moment? try 'never' and you'd be in the right ballpark. real journeys don't end until you die, and even then, depending on what you believe, they don't. so as irritating as it is for us, who have been spoon fed 'and they lived happily ever after', it's appropriate for these stories to end this way. otherwise, you're taking away one of the most powerful cultural sensebilities, part of what gives anime its heart and poignancy.

it reminds me of something Neil Gaiman wrote, from the perspective of a waitress who rewrites the stories of her customers to have neatly-wrapped endings rather than their real, possibly unpleasant, chaotic lives. granted this isn't a direct quote as i'm too lazy to find the volume of [i]The Sandman[/i] it's in: "the secret to her stories is she knew when to stop writing them. write any story too long, and it always ends in death."

[SIZE=1]To haru sakurai: A majority of open-ended or tragic endings in anime are created not because of realism, but because the animators could no longer draw from the source material, which forces them to create their own half-baked ending.

In regards to the anime that purposefully end this way, I completely agree with you. I'm a sucker for well-crafted, tragic endings, and I wouldn't change them for anything.[/SIZE]

[quote name='haru sakurai']anime in general end in two ways: with nothing resolved, or everyone dying.[/quote]
Not really. There are plenty of anime with happy, closure-rific endings--certainly too many to shove them all in the corner and call them exceptions.

[quote name='bellpickle][SIZE=1]I'd change the last episode of Escaflowne. That ending was [I]way[/I'] too rushed and sappy to be satisfying.[/SIZE][/quote]
Indeed. I was unhappy with how they handled the [spoiler]Van/Hitomi romance,[/spoiler] and I felt that the show as a whole didn't ultimately live up to the promise of its first half.

~Dagger~

First let me say to Anime Elf, "AMEN!" :beer: If there was one anime I could change the ending of, it would be SCryed. I'm still trying to figure out why Ryuhou and Kazuma are still fighting each other at the end. I mean, what's the point? At least show us whose arm that is, for freakin' sakes! I want to know who won and who hopefully got his butt kicked! Plus, it would have been nice for Mimori to come to her senses and end up with Cougar. :animesigh

And I'm not surprised that several people have mentioned the movies X and Escaflowne. I guess I'm not the only one who likes happy romantic endings. Or for at least some survivors, in the case of X. However, I am surprised no one has mentioned Cowboy Bebop. Don't get me wrong. I loved the ending, though sad and ambiguous (though I've come to my own conclusion), especially because I love the character of Vicious and I love how Spike kicks serious butt in to the Syndicate's Headquarters. I'm just surprised no one mentioned it, that's all.

Overall, I think a lot of anime I have watched over the years have never ended the way I've wanted them too and at one time, I became so disgusted/outraged, that I even stopped watching anime altogether for over a year. Thank you very much, Prince Darian (Sailor Moon). Yet, I came back for more every time. I guess it's because I finally came to the some of the same conclusions as Haru Sakurai did. First, there aren't always quick happy endings. It takes time to reach that perfect moment. This is probably why I am one of the few people to have enjoyed the Escaflowne movie. Though Van and our heroine didn't stay together, we're left with the hope that someday they will be reunited and that we can be happy for Hitome for finding someone to care about her and to give her a reason to keep on living. I know, I know. Hopeless romantic. Second, the ending isn't always as important as the journey leading up to the ending. Third, there unfortunately aren't always happy endings. Let's pray Fruits Basket doesn't end up in this category. Fourth, we'll never have all our questions answered in the end. Which is probably a good thing. What would we write about if we had no questions or were left completely satisfied at the end of a series or movie?

[QUOTE=serenayasha]I have:
I want to change the Eps where [spoiler]Hughs dies[/spoiler] in Fullmetal Alchemist, and ending of wolf Rain.[/QUOTE]

Why would you change Wolfs Rain ending it was brillant.Just because it was sad doesnt mean you should change it. I think a happy ending wouldnt have the same impact as the original ending. I personally think the ending was perfect.

[quote name='bellpickle']The X movie as a whole really wasn't that great in comparison to the series and especially the manga.[/quote]

Then I have GOT to get the rest of the DVDs, as X is, like, my favorite movie ever.

[quote name='tomieharley']This is probably why I am one of the few people to have enjoyed the Escaflowne movie. Though Van and our heroine didn't stay together, we're left with the hope that someday they will be reunited and that we can be happy for Hitome for finding someone to care about her and to give her a reason to keep on living. [/quote]

That entire romance was plain stupid. I mean, [strike]those two were nowhere near meant for each other[/strike] / [strike]they had just met[/strike] / [strike]the entire movie was terrible[/strike] / [strike]they were two of the worst charachters in movie history [/strike] / it just wouldn't have worked out!

[COLOR=DarkRed][I]Any[/I] anime, huh? Well, (here comes the rant) I would change the entire anime making of Shaman King in English 'cause 4kids killed it.:animeangr I would also change the Naruto anime so that there were less over dramatics and more kick butt ninja action (have you noticed that, even though they have knives and junk, when they get hit, they never bleed?)
That 4kids comment goes for One Piece and Tokyo MewMew, as well. ([B]GRAAAHHH! I HATE 4KIDS! THEY MUST DIE A HORRIBLE AND PAINFUL DEATH!!! RAWR![/B]:animeangr )
[CENTER]Okay. I'm done, now.[/CENTER][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
I have to agree with the person above me XD
Although, I would want to change the original Tokyo Mew Mew's ending.
And not just because I wish two specific aliens would end up together... :animeswea people hate me for that XD
I just wish they would have paired up the obvious couples. I mean, whatever happened to Retasu and Ryou? AND WHY DID [spoiler]TARUTO HAVE TO LEAVE PURIN?![/spoiler] That's the only thing though... besides my two favourite aliens situation :animeswea *shot*

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][INDENT]zoshu, I added spoiler tags to your post. Please make sure to use them in the future to hide spoilers. thanks -Arvi[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
The anime ending I would love to change would have to be that of Neon Genesis Evangelion. I think anyone who has seen this series from beginning to end will agree with me on this one. I vividly remember watching the last episodes, my arms around my legs sitting in the corner of the room, rocking back and forth as crazy psychobabble flooded my head. The question ?why?? left my lips a few times, to which Ano replied ?because? and ploughed on with the insanity. Eva fights? Ha! Here?s a shaky image of Shinji floating, enjoy!

Serenayasha also mentioned something I would love to change about Fullmetal Alchemist.[spoiler] Episode 25 was a bad one wasn?t it? Not that it was badly done, it was very well done in fact. But the fact that they killed off Hughes was just wrong, I mean he was awesome! Then showing his funeral with his daughter crying, do they want us to slip into depression? It?s kind of a double edged sword this one, on one hand it?s just really depressing and a great character dies, on the other it?s very well done and is the catalyst for exciting story developments. Ah to hell with it, bring back Hughes! [/spoiler]

Guest lonelyshadow
I would have to change the ending of Fullmetal Alchemist. The series was awesome but the ending left me with too many questions. Can't they for once just create an ending that doesn't leave you wondering what happens next :animeangr .

[quote name='Flame_Alchemist']The anime ending I would love to change would have to be that of Neon Genesis Evangelion. I think anyone who has seen this series from beginning to end will agree with me on this one. I vividly remember watching the last episodes, my arms around my legs sitting in the corner of the room, rocking back and forth as crazy psychobabble flooded my head. The question ?why?? left my lips a few times, to which Ano replied ?because? and ploughed on with the insanity. Eva fights? Ha! Here?s a shaky image of Shinji floating, enjoy!][/quote]

Haha, I completely agree on this one. I mean your waiting for the series to resolve itsself and then they hit you with so much[spoiler] sybolism you need a set of cliff notes to understand it[/spoiler] I hated the ending it was a great series but they really ripped you off especially the last minute where [spoiler] Shinji is just sitting around and everyone starts congratulating him.[/spoiler]I mean thats supposed to be an ending?

[color=blue][size=1]I'd have to agree with the ending of the Escaflowne series and the movie. I thought it was a very not-well thought out ending. It just seemed to drop off a cliff, so to speak. I'm a romantic at heart so I really wanted it to end happily for the [spoiler]Van/Hitomi romance.[/spoiler]

Also, the ending of Full Metal Alchemist. I really really don't like it. [spoiler]The way Ed gets transferred to another parallel universe.[/spoiler] But it does suit what the series was leading up to, unfortunately. *sniffs*

Another anime I didn't like the ending to was Get Backers. It was building up to this great thing, then it all seemed to stop dead. [spoiler]There was all this talk of the Second Level, the level below Bablyon City. But they never got there. I was really looking forward to Ginji and Ban challenging themselves with the Second Level baddies.[/spoiler][/color][/size]