sweetpeach14 Posted February 2, 2006 Posted February 2, 2006 Well, I love hiphop, rock, R&B, and sometimes rap. But I like hiphop the most! How about you?
SaiyanPrincessX Posted February 2, 2006 Posted February 2, 2006 [SIZE=1]I'm pretty sure this thread has been done, but they died. ^_^ I'm into techno, electronic, rock, classical, j-rock/j-pop and world music. So I'm pretty rounded. This would explain why I have more soundtracks than actual bands/singers. People always ask me whether I like this band or that band, or song, and I never pay any attention to that. If I hear a song I like, then I listen, thats that. Techno/electronic/rock always gets me pumped, and classical & world generally give me a soothing feeling. ^^ I can't stand rap/hip hop, or country.[/SIZE]
Albert Flasher Posted February 2, 2006 Posted February 2, 2006 [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]I like Classic Rock exclusivly. With the exception of folk, I cannot stand any other genre - in fact I'd go so far as saying that I HATE this new crap-rock, rap, or whatever else kids listen to now-a-days.[/COLOR][/FONT]
2010DigitalBoy Posted February 2, 2006 Posted February 2, 2006 I like things that are new, different, and intelligent, pluss it must sound good in all areas. To be more specific, I like music that is more music than lyrics, and if there are lyrics, they have to be deep. I like the stuff that goes over most people's heads and you have to actually figure out what it means. So, this mostly includes prog-rock (like The Mars Volta) techno-rock (Gorillaz) nu-metal (Linkin Park, System of a Down) and other genres.bands that are good. I feel disgusted by the classification system, though.
Ninjaman Posted February 2, 2006 Posted February 2, 2006 There are so many genres for rock that it's sickening really. I possibly couldn't care less if it's emo, metal, etc. If I likes it, I likes it. If I don't, then I don't. Anyway, to keep on topic, I listen mainly to rock. Just about anything in rock. But I'll admit that I don't really listen to metal. It's not that I don't like it, as there are some metal bands that I like, but I'm just not a huge fan of it. I've found myself lately listening more and more to classical rock. I listen to rap/hip hop at times, just not all the time. I can stand some country, but even then, I rarely listen to it voluntarily. I'm not sure if there's anything that I cannot stand to listen to. I guess you can call me a music whore, lol.
bankotsu10 Posted February 2, 2006 Posted February 2, 2006 mostly rap or hip hop, somtimes rock. but I cant stand country.
Shwa Posted February 3, 2006 Posted February 3, 2006 I like evrything nowadays and I've gotten use to [I]some [/I] country, not all of it but the good ones. But I mostly listen to the good old fashion TECHNO!!! Mainly Dance Dance Revolution/In The Groove, Daft Punk, DJ Alligator, Darude, regular Dance (old and new) and other groups. Its the kind of music you can really shake you *** to at any time of the day, except when sleeping :D
Guest Syrius Posted February 3, 2006 Posted February 3, 2006 I listen to various types of metal, and SOME rock
Lord_Hadez Posted February 3, 2006 Posted February 3, 2006 I listen to pretty much any kinda music. Manly im a Metal Head I totally hate Emo
NinjaGirlSango Posted February 3, 2006 Posted February 3, 2006 [SIZE=2][CENTER]Mostly I listen to rock, j-pop/rock, celtic, blues, bluegrass, new age, some classical, some pop, a few oldies, techno... Pretty much everything except heavy metal, rap (Gah! I hate rap!), and country.[/CENTER][/SIZE]
blackfireknight Posted February 3, 2006 Posted February 3, 2006 my favorite music is rock and jazz. with some anime mixed in
OMNOMNOMALY Posted February 3, 2006 Posted February 3, 2006 [COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Trebuchet MS]My number one favourite is "alternative" or "emo" sort of modern rock. Close second would be techno. Alternative is my favourite because I've always been a fan of modern rock, and usually after I like the actual music, I'll end up loving the lyrics. I guess angsty teen lyrics speak to my angsty teen self =P Edit: Oops, sorry Petester.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Petie Posted February 4, 2006 Posted February 4, 2006 [font=Verdana][color=blue]Just a quick warning to everyone - most of the posts in this thread have not really been up to standards. Please be sure to explain your choices and use more than a sentence when you post. If this trend continues, the thread will most likely end up closed.[/color][/font] [font=Verdana][color=blue][/color][/font] [font=Verdana][color=blue]Now, to answer the question, I'll listen to almost anything. I've never really stuck to any specific genre because I like music from a bunch of them. My philosophy is really just if I like it, I'll listen to it.[/color][/font]
CrazyMew Posted February 7, 2006 Posted February 7, 2006 I like most rock,but not greenday,dance and classical chinese music,I first heard that in a film but I can't remember what it was called. I absolutley hate rap because the lyrics areusually really stupid and i don't know what genre Puffy Ami Yumi belong in but I like them too.
kitsune hime Posted February 8, 2006 Posted February 8, 2006 I find myself listening to gothic rock. No, I'm not gothic, but I just like this type of music. And I can't stand it when people start saying I cut myself, because I'm very against that. I also enjoy hard rock, techno, jpop and jrock, and trance music. I'm a strange child yes. :animesmil
Guest raveluver Posted February 9, 2006 Posted February 9, 2006 [COLOR=Red]I like rock, hiphop,rap,and R&B.I can listen 2 those kind of music all day. :animesmil ![/COLOR]
MirrIll Posted February 9, 2006 Posted February 9, 2006 [QUOTE=Lord_Hadez]I listen to pretty much any kinda music. Manly im a Metal Head I totally hate Emo[/QUOTE] Although I'm doubting you've actually heard emo. (sorry, it's a major pet peeve. what everyone thinks emo is... well... isn't, usually) [url]www.fourfa.com[/url] for more info. I mainly listen to JRock/Visual Kei bands, Metalcore, Post-Hardcore, Screamo, Pop-Rock, etc. Basically because each genre provides some sort of aspect of music that I enjoy, be it something to sing along to, wake me up in the morning, calm me down, pump me up, etcetc.
Guest Marisela Posted February 10, 2006 Posted February 10, 2006 I like reggton and punk muisc and rock and more!
kingN Posted February 10, 2006 Posted February 10, 2006 I like rap, r&b, rock, jazz, and what ever sounds good.
arjem27 Posted February 15, 2006 Posted February 15, 2006 [quote name='kingN']I like rap, r&b, rock, jazz, and what ever sounds good.[/quote] I'll listen to anything, I give things a chance. I usually end up liking it, though =] hmmm. Rock. Experimental & what Keoni says is vocal trance.
Guest LovesCougar Posted February 15, 2006 Posted February 15, 2006 Ummm I like country but people say it sucks even my own mom and dad say Country sucks. :animecry:
Cat Posted February 17, 2006 Posted February 17, 2006 I mostly listen to rock. The songs have to be interesting enough, have to have a good lyrics, and they have to be meaningful. This why I mostly listen to Billy Idol, James Marster, HIM, The 69 Eyes, etc. I also listen to Country. I don't think it sucks but lots of my friends do. Mean friends. When it comes to Country I listen to Josh Turner, Tobey Keith, and many more.
Goodbye, Face Posted February 18, 2006 Posted February 18, 2006 [font=trebuchet ms]I listen to any type of music that allows for strong artistic expression. I can't deal with the same ol' "verse, chorus, verse, chorus, verse, solo, chorus" thing anymore, it's growing really stale. I like mix-ups, I like vocalists who have something to say, I like fast and technical instruments, and I don't care what those instruments are. One of my favorite genres is Hardcore, the good kind. Really, if you don't like hardcore, you've either not found the right band, or you get headaches too easily to enjoy them. Hardcore has recently turned into this fad where everyone and their grandma is starting a hardcore band with wimpy lyrics, nothing to say, and no talent. Hardcore bands should have force and be poetic at the same time, and there's a few dozen that are and I love them. Yay. I also love any kind of guitar-driven rock, anythign with a lot of technicality and complexity. Stuff that takes repeated listenes to fully comprehend. Mostly, Progressive Rock fits here. I like the way that the lyrics and guitars go together, I honestly just like the whole general sound of it. There's other genres I like, but I'm still exploring them. You know how it is.[/font]
Box Hoy Posted February 18, 2006 Posted February 18, 2006 I'm a big nu metal fan and also death metal and punk. I gotta say though that half the stuff in punk coming out today shouldn't even to thrown in that catagory. I say we call it Nu Punk from now on people.
The F-Bomb Posted February 21, 2006 Posted February 21, 2006 It's actually easier for me to pinpoint the kind of music I don't like than the kind I do, so I'm gonna stick with that because I'll love just about everything else. I hate, country (if I hear my roommate play "She thinks my tractor's sexy" one more time I'll have his head), rap, metal (most forms of it), and tween pop Otherwise, I'm a big fan of Punk, Ska, Reggae, Jazz, Pop Punk, Emo, Techno, and anything that fuses these musical styles together.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now