OtakuBoards

Socks

Japan

[COLOR=Indigo]You know, I got bored this afternoon and I thought to myself, What would make an interesting topic? Then the answer came to me, socks!

We all wear socks, right? We wear socks that are many different shapes and sizes; even colors! What makes a pair of socks the best darn pair in the world? What do you like to do when you are just in your stocking feet? Perhaps post a picture of you wearing your favorite pair?

Well, for me, I am just an ordinary girl that prefers the anklet kind of socks. Perfect for showing off the legs when I wear a short skirt or shorts. While wearing just my socks, I like to slide across the kitchen floor. I even like to snuggle down with a good book and a coke in hand.

Now how about you?[/COLOR]

[size=1]Personally, I love the feeling of a brand spanking new pair of socks. They're so squishy and cushiony. They fit snuggly around my foot and make me all happy. I prefer crew socks, honestly. I can't stand ankle socks because they seem to make their way down into my shoe, and under my foot. It's irritating.[/size]

[color=#b0000b][size=1][b]Posting in a legendary thread![/b]

I love socks! For a very long time, I only wore white socks (well, that's what my mom bought me), but of course, those are a pain to match up (especially when you live in a family of five, and almost everyone has several different kinds of white socks. Ew.) A couple years ago, I started getting plain white socks with light blue heels and toes. That worked really well, because it meant (first) that all of my socks matched each other and (second) that no one else in my family wore that kind of socks. It made doing my laundry [i]so[/i] much easier!

A little while ago, though, I started buying novelty socks at the dollar store. They're thin, so they don't last long...but then, they are only a dollar, heh. And you know what? I really like wearing colored socks!

My favorite pair of socks (they wore through and I tossed them out a while ago) used to be a pair of brown socks--they had red and white stripes at the top and toe, and the words [font=times new roman][b][size=2]Tootsie Roll[/size][/b][/font] on them--so if you can picture a tootsie roll in the shape of a sock, well, that was them. Ha ha, so much fun.

My favorite pair of socks right now are knee high pink and hot-pink striped fluffy socks. I got them from Target; they were about five dollars. They are [i]amazing[/i]. I [b]heart[/b] them.[/color][/size]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Well, personally I like fluffy socks.

You know which ones I'm talking about. The kind of socks that almost feel like sheep wool, except they're not.

Normally I just wear those socks when I'm around the house, since my feet probably wouldn't fit in my shoes. They're also very good for sliding around the kitchen floor aswell. Which is always fun while making Kraft Dinner.

Otherwise, I wear ankle socks. The thin kind that, well, go up to your ankles. For some reason I don't take to kindly to long socks that go far up my leg. They just don't appeal to me (on myself at least). And as for colour, I normally just wear bland white socks. Fairly boring, huh?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=darkblue][size=1]I personally prefer to wear dark-coloured socks: black, navy blue, etc. I recently came by a set of nice, black cotton socks with a gold band around the top that I adore. They're simple, but very cute. At least, they are in my opinion.

There were a pair of ankle socks I had once that had Tweety on them. Those were cute, too, haha. My friend tried to steal them from me on many an occasion.[/color][/size]

Oh how I so very much love my socks!

I have an impressive collection of panda socks as I am sure you guys are not surprised about. Even though they have cute panda images weaved into them my favorite pair of socks would have to be these really weird maroon/cream/white overly large thick pair of socks. They make my feet happy when I wear them. You know that wonderful squishiness that new socks have...these socks have never lost that softness. Walking around in them is like walking on little pillows.

I do have another pair that are in a close second place to my favorite maroon/cream/white socks. They are a light green pair made out of chenille. Oh so soft and comfy! They totally rock. I think the main reason they haven't moved into first place in the sock competition is that they aren't as long as the other pair. They only go up above the ankle where the other pair, when in sloppy slouchly mode are mid calf.

The latest edition to my sock drawer is a pair of snow white tabi socks. I needed them for my Bleach cosplay costume. The last time I wore tabi socks was back when I was taking traditional Japanese fan dancing lessons as a kid. That would be....over 20 years ago! I always thought it was a bit of a weird feeling of having my big toe separated from the others. When I put those tabi socks on it felt exactly the same as it did all those years ago. Ah the wonderful sock memories....

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Georgia]I'm often made fun of for my sock choices! I love old and beat up socks, the kind that have their own stench and are begging to be thrown away. They're just so comfy when they're worn in. My old favorite pair were these scraggly navy blue knee-highs that I wore all the time, till they got a hole in the heel and my mother forced me to throw them out :(

Now, I like these black tabi socks I stole from my sister's halloween costume (she was a Geisha-she really liked [i]Memoirs of a Geisha[/i] a lot...). I love how my feet look like gargoyle feet! But that's just me. It's very fun to wiggle my big toe and all the rest are stuck :animesmil [/FONT][/COLOR]

OOOoOO socks, I like socks. They keep my feet warm.
I usually wear white socks and printed socks. I used to never wear black socks. I do now, but I still get really grossed out when people wear black socks and shorts. EW. :animedepr don't ask why, but I just hate it.

Right now, I'm wearing grey socks, with pink toe/heels and little skull and cross bones with nice little pink ribbons on their.. uhm... skulls? Yes.

Sometimes I also just wear whatever random socks there are available. Mismatching socks rule.

I'll go with you in saying that a I like my socks low and a little loose. To be honest I try to where them as little as possible. My feet have a probelm with sweating, so my socks become uncomfortable rapidly. Sorry to say, I'm not a socks man. I am a boxers man, but that's for another day and topic right. Later.

[color=hotpink][size=1]I PERSONALLY like ankle socks, with the little heel guard on them, which I believe are made by Hanes and sold in packs at Wal-mart. And since those are the only socks I buy, ALL MY SOCKS MATCH! Buuuuuuuut~ Lately! I've been looking for socks, and can't find any! It's like they all disappeared! So I've been stealing socks from my husband. But don't tell! >_>

I also like leg warmers and thigh-highs. Hawt.

[b]EDIT:[/b] Oh, and Laura, lol, why do you wear socks with shorts and skirts?! You should wear little girlie shoes or flip-flops or something! Not socks![/size][/color]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Socks?! Socks like roxxers my soxxers!

I don't like colored socks that much, I will go as far as grey but then I just sort of stop there, I mean... I don't want to look like a clown with the socks that I have on..or something like that. The kinds of socks that I really hate are the very very low ones that almost feel like they are about to slide off your heels. I don't like then mostly because they usually fall off of my feet whilst in my shoes...and its not very comfortable.

I just wear mostly mid length socks, they arn't to high and not to low. and besides. Socks are awesome when you live in a manily hard wood floored house like my own... Its like an indoor slip and slide. [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Queen Asuka][color=hotpink][size=1]I PERSONALLY like ankle socks, with the little heel guard on them, which I believe are made by Hanes and sold in packs at Wal-mart. And since those are the only socks I buy, ALL MY SOCKS MATCH! Buuuuuuuut~ Lately! I've been looking for socks, and can't find any! It's like they all disappeared! So I've been stealing socks from my husband. But don't tell! >_>

I also like leg warmers and thigh-highs. Hawt.

[b]EDIT:[/b] Oh, and Laura, lol, why do you wear socks with shorts and skirts?! You should wear little girlie shoes or flip-flops or something! Not socks![/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Indigo]I wear tennis shoes every day of the year if I can help it[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]For everyday socks I really don?t care what I wear. I just wear the white ankle socks that my Mom gets for me. But in the evening when I take my shoes off I like to get fun socks that are fuzzy inside and have rubber patterns on the bottom so you don?t slide when you are walking on the floor. I call them slipper socks though I don?t know if that?s what they really are. Hehe, I just like wearing them. ^_^ The one?s I have now are brown with a bunny face on the top and have blue paw prints on the bottom for keeping you from sliding when you walk. [/COLOR]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]I guess I don't really share everyone's passion for "fuzzy warm socks". Growing up and to this day, I've always despised wearing socks. If you could run barefoot without hurting your feet, then I would gladly do it. I don't wear socks unless I have too, and that usually means to me the winter time.

It looks pretty silly to wear flip flops or heels in the winter time, so unfortunately yes I do wear them. I guess they are "regular" white ones. I use to wear dark navy and black socks but since then I mostly just stick to my plain old white ones. It's not as if anyone ever sees my socks however, since this winter I've been wearing boots mostly. To be honest, I can't see why people would like feeling something on your feet, I love to give my toes some air so it can breathe. But that's just me. [/FONT][/SIZE]

Wow, if this isn't a blast from the past.... I dont mean me, I mean the topic... I remember the infamous socks thread from years ago... Sara recalls oh so well.

I like socks, i always wear socks, people think i'm weird because i dont take off my socks... You know what else is funny? I have no leg hair where i wear my socks.... it just stops in a line... because i always wear socks... what a funny word.... rymes with.... oh nevermind...

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Aw, this brings back memories of my dance class. For Christmas, everyone wanted socks!

Anyways, I would rather go barefoot, but socks are just too cute! I like wearing two different kinds, like my Valentine's Day and my Christmas ones together. My favorite socks that I have right now are bright pink, with rainbows and frog faces on it.

I also like my black and white legwarmers. Now I have an urge to buy some more socks and legwarmers.[/COLOR]

I never would of thought about making a thread on socks. but back to the thread. i wear short socks when i have on shorts and any kind of socks, shot or long socks, when i wear pants. but when i play sports, like basketball and football, i got to wear long socks it just don't feel right playing in any other kind.

[QUOTE=Transtic Nerve]Wow, if this isn't a blast from the past.... I dont mean me, I mean the topic... I remember the infamous socks thread from years ago... Sara recalls oh so well.

I like socks, i always wear socks, people think i'm weird because i dont take off my socks... You know what else is funny? I have no leg hair where i wear my socks.... it just stops in a line... because i always wear socks... what a funny word.... rymes with.... oh nevermind...[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]As do I. Now let's just hope it doesn't have the same effect. . . .

Myself, I used to like wearing socks all the time around the house, even if I didn't have shoes on. Mainly in the winter, because my feet would get cold I guess. Now, though, I barely touch the things except when I'm wearing shoes; I like to go barefoot around the house a lot if I'm not going out that day and needing my shoes on. Or if not barefoot, in my maccosin slippers.

But the funny thing is I used to have [i]more[/i] hair where my socks cover. My ankles were actually the third hairiest place on my body. First being my head, obviously, and . . . well, you can guess the second. But the hair on the rest of my legs has since grown in so there's not much difference anymore.

So what kind of socks do I wear? Boring, white crew socks. They come up a few inches below the knee, though I only keep them pulled up while wearing long pants. I find them to be more comfortable that way but they look kind of funny while wearing shorts. Nothing too exciting here, but they get the job done.[/color]

[quote name='NekoSama101']Wow, body hair because of socks, that's a little too much info. I like ankle socks. They feel right, i don't know why, they just do.[/quote][color=#b0000b][size=1][i]That[/i] is the part of Dessy's post that you thought was "too much info"?

I dislike ankle socks, because they always slip into my shoes and scrunch up (down?) too much. They're just uncomfortable.

I really like knee-high socks, though. They make me feel silly and fancy. :)[/size][/color]

[COLOR=Indigo]Well, I do admit that there is a pair of soccer socks I like to wear while snowboarding. It goes past my knees. It's all black and white, fuzzy in the foot, with gray toes and heels.

With all of this talk about socks with designs on them, it makes me feel like I want a pair of those too.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Time for the sock thread! ^_~ Actually I?m really quite picky about what socks I will wear. As much as I love the decorative socks and fun looking ones I have problems with both my ankles and feet. So at my doctor?s recommendation I picked up a pair of Thorlo?s socks. They are suppose to be designed to keep your feet warm and other good things like helping to prevent blisters when you go hiking. They?ve got everything from lighter weight socks for simple walking to thicker socks for all types of different sports. I could easily write pages on the different socks they offer. ^_^

They are so downright comfy and comfortable on my feet that I?ve yet to find another brand of sock that does as good a job as they do. Now they are the only socks I get. They cost more, but unlike the socks I use to get, they easily last over 5 years before wearing out, so in the long run they aren?t that much more than the regular ankle socks I use to get at Mervyns. Those had to be replaced every 8 months to a year since they wore out so quickly. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#656446]I never was a fan of white socks. Even as a student in a high shcool with a strict uniform code, I wore red socks with little multicolored dashes. Deviants get pushups for wearing colored socks but I've always managed to talk my way out of them. (Go me!).

The closest I've got to white socks is a pair of baby pink tabi socks without the requisite buttons on the sides. That pair I heart to pieces 'cause it ain't as stuffy as regular socks and I can wear them with my pink slippers. Cute as hell.

Oh, and I am particularly fond of my fishnet stockings (do they count?). I wear them when I'm feeling crummy. Those plus a few highkicks and I feel a whole lot better. ♥[/COLOR]

[color=dodgerblue]Lol, I'm sort of odd. You see, to me, socks represent boarding school; which I had too much of when I was in High School. So I try not to wear sneakers/joggers/runners/whatever you call them so much. But when I do wear socks, they're usually just plain white ankle socks... the occasional blue one, or perhaps pink from being in the wash with something red -_- Other than that, I tend to wear thongs (jandals/flip-flops. Meh, I'm an Aussie, I say 'thong'). :D[/color]