Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]As an aside, I saw that thing with all the Haruhi seiyuu - you know, the thing that made Konata (the character :p) turn emo. Of course, I skipped most of the talking parts - the performance of God Knows is just as moving live, even though it doesn't have the same effect when it isn't related to the story. Overall, it was worth watching to see Shiraishi Minoru in a Haruhi outfit. I'd gladly donate my wife to him if I had one.[/COLOR]
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[url=http://www.alter-web.jp/figure/08/06_3/index.html][u]Mikuru maid figure![/u][/url]

Dunno if I'll get this, but the pose & face are cute. Her hair looks a tad too brown for the actual character design (on the other hand, I'm more a fan of muted colors in figures anyway).

~Dagger~
Posted
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Okay, so I haven't fully finished the series (I only have Vol. 1 and I need to get the other three >_<) but I think the series is freaking hilarious and though it seems like a sitcom it has some depth. Anyways I really like it thus far and I just seem to be attached to Haruhi.[/COLOR]
Posted
Always pleased to welcome more fans to the fold. :catgirl:

Bandai is [url=http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/8PLrV1y1SX2o2jsUfy/browse/item/78040/4/0/0][u]re-releasing volume 1[/u][/url] on 4/1 as a bundle with the first DVD plus two character CDs: volume 6 (Kyon's sister) and volume 9 (Kyon). Rather clever of them. Milk milk milk...

~Dagger~
Posted
Haha, I'm a little late I believe. But I just finished watching the series, tonight actually. I thought it was great. A year ago, or whenever, it first came out I'd get the monthly New Type, ya know. It'd have the big buzz about the Haruhi stuff. I read the article thinking"Oh yeah, this seems sorta interesting.." Never picked it up though. Then one day I was like "I got nothing to do, might as well watch it."

So I started up Episode 0 (with subs, I hate dubs most of the time.) I didn't really get it and throughout the episode I was thinking "Well, this isn't helping my boredom.." But after watching Episode 1(Really 2 I guess?) I started getting hooked into the series.

After reading around some places though, I HAD to laugh at my stupidity. As I'd watch the episodes I would think "Did I miss an episode or something?" With all the unexplained facts coming into your head because of the broadcast order. Then at the 'Next Episode' Previews, I didn't realise the point of the Mix up in numbers between Haruhi's and Kyon's episode count. Until I read someplace and figured it out, so yeah, I laughed at myself.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy a season 2 is coming out. Hope it's as good as the first.
Posted
[FONT="Verdana"]Just because I'm missing out on the character albums, i was wondering if they sound good or not. Is it worth getting individualy since i didnt get the limited editions?[/FONT]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]Kyon's sister's version of Hare Hare Yukai is almost sickeningly cute sounding. It's the kind of thing that will drive you mad if you listen to it too much, but it makes you want to listen to it anyway. (I swear, that "tehehe" laugh does something to you.) But other than that I didn't find those two characters CDs to be that great.

The Yuki and Haruhi character CDs are probably my favorites. And Mikuru's is decent but I prefer Yuko Goto's Shuffle! character songs.[/color]
  • 6 months later...
Guest LuckyHaruhi528
Posted
I've been watching this series for a while and I was wondering about what will happen to Mikuru after Haruhi and the others become third years?
Posted
Dunno. The light novels haven't reached that point yet, so the anime certainly won't get to it for a while. I assume she would still hang around Haruhi and her crew though.
  • 1 month later...
Guest LuckyHaruhi528
Posted
I also wondered about when they were going to reveal kyons name. probably at the end of the series:confused:
Posted
[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Kyon's sister's version of Hare Hare Yukai is almost sickeningly cute sounding. It's the kind of thing that will drive you mad if you listen to it too much, but it makes you want to listen to it anyway. (I swear, that "tehehe" laugh does something to you.) But other than that I didn't find those two characters CDs to be that great.

The Yuki and Haruhi character CDs are probably my favorites. And Mikuru's is decent but I prefer Yuko Goto's Shuffle! character songs.[/color][/QUOTE]

yes i think Yuko Goto (Kaede Fuyo)'s songs were awesome too. i liked "memories" i think it was called.

All of Haruhi's songs are some of my favorites, especially "God Knows" which has a nice beat. didn't like the english version as much, of the song, though ^^;.

can't wait for the second season, hopefully it'll be as awesome as the first one was :3.
and Shuffle!'s one of my favorites too. i like Yuria's songs.
  • 3 months later...
Posted
[quote name='Blitz_Kid']Does anyone know when the second season is going to get started? I hope that it would be release soon. So any idea when is the release date?[/QUOTE]

KyoAni has been throwing out hints for a second season for [i]forever[/i] now, but as far as I know, no concrete release date has been announced. At the earliest it will be released during the Spring season, but I don't know how likely that is.
Posted
I heard they changed directors in the middle of production. Which is, from what I'm guessing, the reason for the delay.

Cause those hints came our such a long time ago.:animedepr
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Well it's not the official season 2 but at the moment it's the closest thing were getting. This series is apparantly a spin-off gag series that will be a number of short's released online.

sources: [url]http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5335[/url]
[url]http://www.haruhi.tv/[/url]

At first I actually thought "great season 2 finally"...that was until i did some searching on ANN and found what it was about.
Posted
Haha, oh wow, if [url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-02-04/kadokawa-shoten-reportedly-says-april-haruhi-is-rerun][u]this[/u][/url] is really the case, it just might be the best way they've trolled fans to date.

~Dagger~
Posted
[COLOR=#503F86]I'm only on the second DVD, but it's very entertaining so far, hehe. I wasn't so sure about the first episode when it first came on, but after that I warmed to it very quickly. The production values are consistently high throughout, which is a great relief and fairly unusual. I'm definitely buying up the rest of the series as soon as I has the munnies.[/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Dagger']Haha, oh wow, if [url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-02-04/kadokawa-shoten-reportedly-says-april-haruhi-is-rerun][u]this[/u][/url] is really the case, it just might be the best way they've trolled fans to date.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

KADOKAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[/Colbert]

Time to go back to waiting for a concrete announcement of the second season. :(
Posted
[SIZE="1"]Am I mean for finding this whole ordeal utterly hilarious?

I mean...it's kinda aggravating, I suppose. But these are all [I]reports[/I], nothing concrete until the issue actually comes out. [Plus, the article at ANN saying "RELAUNCH" kinda had me wondering...that shoulda been a red flag right there]. But I'm to understand that re-runs of anime in Japan are quite rare, so this in and of itself, if it's true, is noteworthy nonetheless.

In any case. This DOES give me an excuse to finally finish the series...[/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Ikillion'][COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]So how many times has season 2 been confirmed again? I lost count far too many times ago.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

One too many times i believe.

But from what dagger posted, it seems to me that the new season might come out sooner than we all think. Maybe they are trying to re-familiarize us with the series again.

But I'm just trying to throw some ideas around.
  • 3 months later...
Posted
So there's a little more to Dagger's post then was explained originally. While the stations are re-airing the original 14 episodes of Haruhi Suzumiya in chronological order that is only the half truth. The full facts is that with the original 14 episodes being aired they are also airing 14 new episodes intermingled with the old. This is confirmed with the recent airing of episode 8 of the "re-runs" which is the first new episode made season 2006. The Episode "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" wasn't part of the original 14 episodes, and raws are already floating around youtube.

Here's a link for some extra news: [url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-05-21/new-haruhi-suzumiya-anime-episode-airs[/url]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...