Lord of the Rings

Queen Asuka

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson]
Hey LM and Anna, I just found this pic of Legolas on this Orlando Bloom website. You've probably already seen it, but it was so good I have to share the wealth!!!!!!!! *grins evilly* Only 'cause I'm nice like that. *squeezes her Legolas plushie*[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

*right click......... 'Save Picture As'*

I'm gonna start a friggin collection... holy heck he is fine.:love2: I actually haven't seen that one............... um, not that I've embarked on a quest to search the entire world-wide web or anything..... *looks around innocently* Heh, I [i]have[/i] been looking up Elijah Wood tho, just for little things, tidbits of info, any random thing that caught my attention. I've been feeling ill and so have had too much free time at home. It's been spent reading Fellowship of the Ring and being online. And drinking a lot of hot chocolate. :drunk:I'm going to special order some mint kind....... ahhhh :excited: that's the best. I've realized how many chunks they cut out of the story when they made it a movie. Just in like, the first two chapters [i] years[/i] go by. Well, I suppose it's logical they made the movie the way they did. I want to see it again soon. ....... ahem, Tori....... *coughsleepovercough* ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]i was actually really impressed w/ liv tyler's performance, b/c she has never played a role like that before. even her accent was good. [/B][/QUOTE]

She did do a good job. I really liked Cate Blanchett's (sp?) performance. She was a perfect Elf Queen/witch, whichever she was. I was really impressed with her performance. Elves are my favorite type of creature now. I can't wait 'til I come to them in the book.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]I see you ppl like Legolas alot. Not alot of girls like Stryder as much as I thought. But hey, Arwen...:tasty: only when she dresses in white, and is in Armegeddon juciy!!! [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Course i love Strider. He's waaaaay up there on my list of all-time fav characters. It's just that the conversation here seems to be centering around Legolas. [/FONT] :whoops:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]

She did do a good job. I really liked Cate Blanchett's (sp?) performance. She was a perfect Elf Queen/witch, whichever she was. I was really impressed with her performance. Elves are my favorite type of creature now. I can't wait 'til I come to them in the book. [/B][/QUOTE]

hai, it was good, but i freaked out while she went all psycho when he offered her the ring...

anyway, i think liv is going to get a lot more (& well-deserved) respect after playing arwen. i can't wait to see what she does in the next movie.

[B]

hai, it was good, but i freaked out while she went all psycho when he offered her the ring...[/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, that whole scene was ...... quite interesting to say the least... I was trying to sort out if she was on the good side or the bad side ('cause silly me didn't read the book [i]bfore[/i] I saw the movie :rolleyes: ) I haven't seen a lot of Liv's stuff. I've seen That Thing You Do, Armeggedon (sp?? I'm awful right now), and maybe one other movie that had her in it. She does seem to be a very talented actress tho.

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Well, just because I am bored. . I went around and was looking for a bit more info on Orlando Blooms (aka - Legolas)

But instead of posting the pic I wanted to (purely to see reactions) I decided to post one of his more 'action oriented' shots. . so there! . . . *goes back to tiny box*[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Well, just because I am bored. . I went around and was looking for a bit more info on Orlando Blooms (aka - Legolas)

[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Whoa! ...When did he shoot two arrows?!?! I musta missed that part! BAH! ...I guess I'll just have to see it a second time now ;)

I saw the Lord of the Rings movie on the 21 of december. It is one of the best movies i have ever seen!!! Yeah, i saw the part where he shot two arrows. but in my opinion, gladiator and the patriot are also as good as Lord of the Rings.

I'd give it a 9/10.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]

Whoa! ...When did he shoot two arrows?!?! I musta missed that part! BAH! ...I guess I'll just have to see it a second time now ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

If my memory serves me correctly, it was when they were underground, in the dwarf-tomb place, and they were looking for/at the bridge. Legolas was shooting at Orcs. I [i]think[/i] that's where I saw it. If I'm wrong someone correct me...

I know Legolas shot 2 arrows at onetime. But thats not the part. That was the part where he shot at an Orc, and it whent through his head and into the post behind him. That was cool. The part when he fired 3 in a row as orcs rushed at him, that was cool as well.

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]...The part when he fired 3 in a row as orcs rushed at him, that was cool as well. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah! he was soo fast with those things!! ...me wonders if he was actually doing that or if some fancy camera work wasn't done...meh, either way, it was still awesome!:excited:

Oh yeah, I definately believe he was actually shooting those arrows. I read somewhere that the actors were to do all stunts/actions whenever possible, and shooting arrows is certainly a feat that can be accomplished. And [i]of course[/i] the Harry Potter movie isn't as good as this. But the stories are completely different, and Lord of the Rings was definately taken more seriously, since it's been around for so long and it's writer didn't ever sell-out to every merchanising company in existance. :rolleyes: And Lord of the Rings is overall a tad bit darker than Harry Potter. I'm sure we've yet to see half of the dark stuff in that story, but Voldemort doesn't even appear until the fourth book. And the movie is based only on the first. In some ways, I think it's kinda unfair to compare the two. But anyways, I still I'm dying to read the fifth Harry Potter book, and I want to go see Lord of the Rings again......... really bad...... I'm about 1/3 of the way through the book now. I think my mind is now permanently altered into a fantasy bubble..... :drunk: but I don't mind so much.... :love2:

[B]noryko, what is this other pic you speak of??? [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I suppose that will be my secret . . . hehe ^_^

LOL, it gets better each time I watch it (third time)As for the part where he shot two arrows, it WAS underground in the mines of the Dwarf's city. He shot the two arrows at the Cave Troll to make him drop - Sam I believe though I want to say it was the other one (not Frodo or Pip, but the last one). He was snatched off the head of the Cave Troll, and was being flung about. When Legolas shot him, he dropped the Hobbit, and returned to fighting the others.

My absolute favorite shot of him was the three rapid shots into the orcs in the last great battle they had. He was just so fluid, and it wasn't like he had the arrows already out, he pulled each one from the quiver, which is pretty challenging in itself.

The next greatest shot (returning back to the mines and the cave troll) was when the troll was attacking Legolas with the massive chain being used as a whip. He swung it around and it got caught on one of the pillars. Legolas ran down the length of it, pulled an arrow, and shot it right at the top of the troll! LOL, I was laughing when I saw that ^_^

There are more, but I suppose most of you have already seen it, and don't need me talking about it =P *cough*[/SIZE][/COLOR]