OtakuBoards

Lord of the Rings

Queen Asuka

I just got back from seeing the movie about 10 minutes ago, and all i can say is AWESOME!! The managed to pack the plot and character depth of the first book, in to a three our movie. I will tell you know, YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS MOVIE. I will definatly buy the 'collecters edition' or whatever comes out on DVD, this is just one of those great movies, possibly the greatest movie i have ever seen, in fact i can't think of anything to rival it. It IS, in my opinion, the best movie ever made. I just can't wait till see the other two.

Legolas is the COOLEST character ever, he fires his bow so fast and perfectly, it is just remarkabley awesome. He is played out so well in this movie. Also i was amased at how much Elisa Wood looks like the Frodo i imagined in the book, another character done beautifully.

[B]Go and see the movie.[/B]

...that's all i will say...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the movie last night, and it kicked major ***. It wasn't as hard to follow as i thought it would have been. I read The Hobbit, and thats how i baisically knew aboutnthe story line. The special effects were really good. I wish that ppl had seen it already so I can talk about it. M sister "got sick" during the movie, it was at the scene where the ork's come back to life(oops, sorry if i spoiled a part, but trust me, you wont care). GO AND SEE THIS MOVIE, RIGHT NOW, I COMMAND YOU BY THE WILL OF ZARON!!!!

I saw the Movie at 1:15p.m. Eastern time. I loved the MOVIE!!! It was the best movie in four years!!!! IT WAS GODLIKE!!! Now, if u don't mind, I have to find where they are hiding the rest of the movies, to steal them and keep them for myself!!!! They're idoits for finishing all the movies now, but putting them out one year after the first one came out.

I saw it last night, and I even thought I loved it (Greatest movie of the year!), I have to say one thing about the ending: Soul Reaver 1. I know it's based on the books (which I'll buy as soon as possible), but they could have added more to the ending, so it felt more satisfactory...

I just can't believe it ended like that! If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about...

I want to see more Screamers!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]I saw it last night, and I even thought I loved it (Greatest movie of the year!), I have to say one thing about the ending: Soul Reaver 1. I know it's based on the books (which I'll buy as soon as possible), but they could have added more to the ending, so it felt more satisfactory...

I just can't believe it ended like that! If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about...

I want to see more Screamers! [/B][/QUOTE]

It ended like that because it is remember part one in a Trilogoy of books. So it will make better sense when the second one comes out.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B][color=crimson]WOOOO HOOO!

LORD OF THE RINGS! MOVIE! OUT! SOON! YEA!

Er...

scuse me *cough*

o__O'...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

lol, I am going to C it...Seems good..I havent read the books yet...I havent gotten a chance yet...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by D. Dark [/i]
[B]I'm reading the book, but my friends say you need prior knowledge to understand the film. Is that true?

I'm still in the proluge, yet I'm already drawn into it's world... [/B][/QUOTE]

No, don't worry about it. the movie is really good and if you havn't even heard of Lord of the Rings, it will make perfact sense. Do you really think one of the greatest New Zealanders ever (Peter Jackson) would make a movie only 1 in every 5 people could see?

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]if u think this ending sucked... wait till you read the 2nd one... omg that ending is soooooooooooo much more evil than this one... makes you go out and get the 3rd one right away... and when he wrote the second one... he had no plans to actually finish the story... the convinced JRR to finish the book... and when it was annouced that he would... the papers read "frodo lives!!!!!!!!!" it was sooooooo funny *read that a long time ago before most of yall's parents had met*[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Me and Queen Asuka are going to go see it today!!!!!! *big grin* :D :D :D I hope it does not disappoint me...... yeah.. anyways, from the looks of all yer posts the movie should be good, but we'll see....... :shifty: :naughty: :frog:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]Me and Queen Asuka are going to go see it today!!!!!! *big grin* :D :D :D I hope it does not disappoint me...... yeah.. anyways, from the looks of all yer posts the movie should be good, but we'll see....... :shifty: :naughty: :frog: [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Trust me on this one. . there are few movies that I see more then twice in a movie theater. This is one that I will see MANY times! In my mind, there was almost nothing wrong with this movie. If anything, my lack of knowledge on the whole Hobbit and Lord of the Rings books is what kept me back from enjoying it fully. . I am trying to decide if I want to read the book and then watch it, or just wait till all the movies are out, then read them all, and thus, gain further knowledge.

To be honest though (again, I know, spooky) - even with out knowledge of the books though, I truly enjoyed this movie, and Elijah did an awesome job! If anything annoyed me, it was that Liv Tyler seemed to speak slower then everyone else. . just my thoughts though ^_^ Her character was really awesome, and she would NOT be someone I would try to pick a fight with =P

Riiiiight then. . . going to watch it again Sat with more friends, Sunday or Monday with family, and might just see it again just for fun. Yeah~
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=crimson]Wow, you guys are making it sound so good! I'm at Anna's house and we're waiting to go see it right now. I've already read the majority of the first book. I just didn't have time to finish it before going to go see the movie because I really didn't expect to be going until after Christmas sometime. I went and seen Harry Potter twice, but only because the second time I went with my sisters and it almost put me to sleep. But LOTR has got to rule. And I keep hearing all the praise of my elf guy Legolas! He's so freakin sexy! *grins* Anywho....I guess I'll post again after I see it! [/color]

Ok, lets put Lord of the Rings to DnD. Gandalf, at the start, is lvl 20 wizard, Frodo is probably 5-7 warrior, Sam is a lvl 2 war, so is Pippen and Merry, Borromir is probably a duel class berserker/warrior, lvl 11, Leagolas is a lvl 13-14 Ranger/Berserker, Gimli is a lvl 15 berserker, Strider/Aragorn is a lvl 18 Ranger, and I'd say Elrond is like, a lvl 70 Mage.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]Is it just me or did the female Elf (the first important one) look just like Princess Zelda? [/B][/QUOTE]

It's just u. Liv Tylor doesn't look like Zelda at all! Zelda has like, I think blonde hair, Liv has black hair!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]ooooooooooh Legolas is one fine guy! So who exactly is playing him anyway? Everyone's always exclaiming about Wood and Tyler, but it's the dude playing Legolas who looks charming to me.
[/B][/QUOTE]

his name is orlando bloom. & yes, he is majorly sexy! he's going on my celebrity fantasy list.

i just got back from seeing the movie! woo-hoo! it was great. very moving, & i love the scene were frodo is standing on the mountain looking back at the others in the fellowship & one tear falls down his cheek. i wanted to dive into the screen & give elijah a big kiss, he looked sooo good in that scene.

oh, get this, the movie critic in my city's newspaper gave the movie only 1 1/2 stars out of 4! this is the same guy who said andy kaufman was boring. he also gave braveheart only 1 star! sheesh! i am seriously going to kill that guy! he has no taste.

I wanted to see elijah with big hairy feet! But they aren't that big, nor hairy! that was sooo evil, although, legolas the Elven Ranger/Berserker was kool!

[color=crimson]I just saw the movie today. It was so good. I'm going to go see it again. I found out who played Legolas, yeah that Orlando Bloom guy...I've never heard of him. Me and Anna sat through almost all the credits just to see who played him. I was like fainting over him. He was so beautiful. I guess I like the pretty boys. He was awesome! The way he handled the bow...and he stabbed the orc with arrow and then shot the orc behind it with the SAME arrow...that was so frickin awesome. And then he even had the knives too! He was so cool. So so cool, I can't even get over him. Anna even gave me a stuffed chickie and named it Legolas for me. She's so sweet! Thank you so much Anna for taking me to see that movie! I love you forever!!!!!!

My favorite part was when Sam got in the boat with Frodo and he started talking about the whole he couldn't leave him thing. That part actually brought tears to my eyes and I NEVER cry in movies...just goes to show I'm weak-hearted for those kind of tales...*swoons*[/color]

[B][color=crimson]I just saw the movie today. It was so good. I'm going to go see it again. I found out who played Legolas, yeah that Orlando Bloom guy...I've never heard of him. Me and Anna sat through almost all the credits just to see who played him. I was like fainting over him. He was so beautiful. I guess I like the pretty boys. He was awesome! The way he handled the bow...and he stabbed the orc with arrow and then shot the orc behind it with the SAME arrow...that was so frickin awesome. And then he even had the knives too! He was so cool. So so cool, I can't even get over him.
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, girl, i'm with ya all the way. i'm really feeling it. erotic dreams tonight, baby.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]

yeah, girl, i'm with ya all the way. i'm really feeling it. erotic dreams tonight, baby. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]LOL! See, I thought I was the only one. Everyone else is all like "Ooooh Frodo" or "Aaaah Strider" but it's all about Legolas! The beautiful elf archer sexy guy who's ultra skilled AND in green elfie spandex! *laughs*[/color]

[B]

[color=crimson]LOL! See, I thought I was the only one. Everyone else is all like "Ooooh Frodo" or "Aaaah Strider" but it's all about Legolas! The beautiful elf archer sexy guy who's ultra skilled AND in green elfie spandex! *laughs*[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Amen sister, amen...... :love: Legolas has got the sexy part down, no questions asked. aaaaah, I wanna be an elf........ *dies*

And i want to be a Berserking Dwarf warrior! But I'm not, but i wish i was, Gimli was soooo cool, he was killin orcs by the dozen! And Borromir, the Warrior/Berserker ruled!! He was hit with 4 arrows and he was still fighting! I mean, hell, outta the whole group, he killed all those orcs by himself! There was like, 50-100 orcs dead! Dude, he got alot of exp from that!