OtakuBoards

Lord of the Rings

Queen Asuka

Is anyone as pumped about seeing this movie as I am? I am so ready to see it, and the guy playing Legolas the elf/archer is sooooooooooo good looking. I'm reading the books right now, since it's Christmas break and I actually have time to, and I'm so excited! I know I was excited about seeing Harry Potter, but something about this movie seems like it's going to be so much better...I think it might be because it's for an older age group and a more mature audience.

By the way! Those little Burger King toys rock! I have one of Legolas and it says "The Ring must be destroyed!" He rocks!!!! :D

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm looking forward to seeing it. i've read the hobbit but not the lor series so now i get to cheat & see what's going to happen before i read. plus, i adore elijah wood & liv tyler. & those pointy ears are so cute!

also, i heard they filmed the whole lor series in australia in about 15 months. they did that b/c they're planning on releasing each movie once a year i think, which is a lot better than waiting four years like in star wars. so we should be able to see the conclusion by 2003.

[SIZE=4][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]dont annoy me... im trying to foget about that movie till thursday... then ill go see it ;) till then... i dont wanna be reminded of it... thou i might go after work on wensday when it comes out ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B][color=crimson]WOOOO HOOO!

LORD OF THE RINGS! MOVIE! OUT! SOON! YEA!

Er...

scuse me *cough*

o__O'...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO i love that book, i read it when i was 7, and i have read it 4 times scince, i am going to see they movie the day it comes out here :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]
also, i heard they filmed the whole lor series in australia in about 15 months.[/B][/QUOTE]

*ahem*

they didn't film it in Australia... they filmed it in
[SIZE=4]NEW ZEALAND!![/SIZE]

Sorry, but I [B]HATE[/B] it when people do that... and the Movie was directed by a [B]New Zealander[/B], so there!

I am planning on seeing it. I have tickets to the opener. I read, and watched the cartoon version of the hobbit, ppl i used to know in new jersey said i looked like Elijah wood, back when he was in Flipper and stuff, so i guess that is kind of a reason to go and see it. :rolleyes:

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I am also going to see it, though I will have to wait till this weekend. I have work MON - FRI from 3:30 - 12:00, so by the time I get off, everything will be closed. This week, our work is keeping us all another two to three hours, so I can't even see the sneak preview this Tuesday >_<

I hope most of my friends wait till Saturday to see it with me, or I will be somewhat lonely sitting all alone in the movie theater =( But I am used to that experience. . . whoops, babbling again.

Anyways, I will definitely see this movie. I have NEVER read the books, and if I saw any of the movies (cartoon that is), I don't remember them, so this will be a totally NEW experience for me, and I like getting surprised when I watch a movie, especially one this epic ^_^ Can't wait. . .
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I am also going to see it, though I will have to wait till this weekend. I have work MON - FRI from 3:30 - 12:00, so by the time I get off, everything will be closed. This week, our work is keeping us all another two to three hours, so I can't even see the sneak preview this Tuesday >_<

I hope most of my friends wait till Saturday to see it with me, or I will be somewhat lonely sitting all alone in the movie theater =( But I am used to that experience. . . whoops, babbling again.

Anyways, I will definitely see this movie. I have NEVER read the books, and if I saw any of the movies (cartoon that is), I don't remember them, so this will be a totally NEW experience for me, and I like getting surprised when I watch a movie, especially one this epic ^_^ Can't wait. . .
[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats pretty cool, but trust me, you will not be lonely, there will be wayyy to many ppl in the theater for you to be lonely. :smoke:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]

*ahem*

they didn't film it in Australia... they filmed it in
[SIZE=4]NEW ZEALAND!![/SIZE]

Sorry, but I [B]HATE[/B] it when people do that... and the Movie was directed by a [B]New Zealander[/B], so there! [/B][/QUOTE]

good lord! i'm so freakin' sorry! that's what my mom told me, so the moral of the story is, never trust second-hand info.

p.s. i love your sig, final flash!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]

good lord! i'm so freakin' sorry! that's what my mom told me, so the moral of the story is, never trust second-hand info.

p.s. i love your sig, final flash! [/B][/QUOTE]

lol, no problem. Since I live in a small country, I just gotta be extra Patriotic.

Heh heh, thanks, I like my sig too.. I was gonna quote somethin' from the South Park movie... And I just chose that. :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]
I personally like his avatar, but his sig aint bad. i didn't know where they filmed it. but cool, New Zealand sounds spiffy
[/B][/QUOTE]

New Zealand... Possibly the most beautiful Country in the world... From the thermal springs in Hanmer, to the breathtaking view of Mt. Cook across lake Wakitipu... God, I love this place... Ya know that bottled mineral water you can buy? That stuff's just [I]tap water[/I] from Christchurch.. (where I live)

...New Zealand 'r0x0rz'

ooooooooooh Legolas is one fine guy! So who exactly is playing him anyway? Everyone's always exclaiming about Wood and Tyler, but it's the dude playing Legolas who looks charming to me.

I'm definately going to see that movie this week, even if I have to sell my body for money! Not really, but I'm almost that desperate!

I knew about the whole they already filmed the whole trilogy thing. I would HATE to have to wait. Like I hate waiting for Star Wars. And like I'm going to have to wait for Harry Potter. Oh well....*sighs*

Yeah. Practically all the settings were filmed in real places. They even made poor old Gandalf climb a snowy mountain in his cold robes. Though, that nis what it takes to be an actor. I wanna be an actor when I am old enough (I'm 14 now) but I'm afraid I won't be able to star in any Lord of the Rings movies since they may already all be made by the time I'm able. Which sucks...:confuse2:

I've only read the Hobbit.... but my sister has the first book for Lord of the Rings. I want to read them, it really sounds interesting. That and the movie looks soooo good (hehe..... apart from the wonderful fact Elijah Wood is in it :tasty: :love2: ;) ), but I don't know if it would be a good idea for me to see the movie before I read the book... :huh: So, I dunno, I'll figure it out....

All these people that are going to see the movie without reading the book...you guys are nuts...I am betting the movie will be great but I can gurantee you this...many sences that you would see in the book...you won't see in the movie...it is impossible to fit a 600+ page book into a 3 hour movie...not without cutting out large chuncks....but I am still eager to see the movie...going to have great special effects...and they should do reallly really well...Leglios is cool...but I think my favorite charecter is either Strider((Also called Aragorn)) or Frodo...bah...I can't say anything else less I spoil a part of the book...hehe and also read the book first...or else you will hear the actors voice everytime you read the book...will be very hard to get your own mental image/sound of the charecters....but I am very very hyped to see the movies...I have read all the books on Middle Earth...Tolken created a whole world...a good book to read on what happened before the War of the Ring((The big war that is happening during the books)) read a book called The Silmarillion...very very good...

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]OMG, I saw the movie Tuesday at midnight. . WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW. . .this movieis totally awesome. . I am sorta spaced out right now from all of the action and story.

The acting was top notch, the special effects were very realistic, and almost all of it was done really well. There were AWESOME fight scenes, and I was happy that they made a movie where EVERYONE fought, not just the main fighter classes. The main thing that pleased me was both the Elvish Prince Legolas and the mighty Dwarvish warrior Gimli - sorry. .I like working up the characteristics. . hoho~

Both did a GREAT job at their fighting, and Legolas was totally awesome with his bow, and those two wicked blades he wielded made me panic in my own seat ^_^ His action scenes just made my jaw drop with how skilled he is with the bow (as most Elves are).

Gimli was the greatest treat to me though. The Dwarvish image was poorly tainted in Dungeons and Dragons with a goofy looking Dwarf wielding an axe too large for his own good. In this movie though, Gimli wielded two sweet looking axes and fought with the furry of everyone else, if not much stronger then others.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE~[/SIZE][/COLOR]