OtakuBoards

Elements Online [PG-V]

Ellerby

[size=1][color=#CD6619]As Theodore and Kaiser were still laughing and joking, Kaiser?s eye wandered towards the post filled with signs such as [B]Gorfenlopp?s Warning[/B]. He stopped in mid-laugh and walked towards the post, dragging Theodore with him. The post was filled with warnings and whatnot, but as it soon became apparent, none had interested Kaiser.

Sighing, Theodore put a hand on his friend?s shoulder and said, [B]?You?re too picky, you know? C?mon, I?ll take you somewhere fun? like the Sky Dome!?[/B] Kaiser looked to his friend with a raised brow but thought nothing of it and considered the amount of items they could find. Nodding, Theodore created something of a portal with his Shadow Faction powers and the two stepped in; but, as the two were swept through Theodore?s portal had stopped them short, a bit too short, of getting to the Sky Dome and left them stranded in the middle of the desert.

Looking around, Kaiser had realized they were miles away from the Sky Dome and Theodore?s Shadow Teleportation had been off, once again. He turned to his friend and began yelling obscenities, initially ending his rant with, [B]?I ought to have your head on a silver platter, you twit. Just when I thought things were going well, you completely screw it up!?[/B]

Theodore recounted what he had done and couldn?t place what went wrong but walked towards Kaiser until the ground beneath began to shake and grow. He looked down and realized he was being pulled in and could not use his magic to save himself, nor could Kaiser who turned abruptly and found his friend being eaten by the sandy earth. Just as he stepped onto the growing ground, his foot had misplaced its hold and he, along with his friend, fell through the ground.

Sounds of grunt and groans echoed through the large earthen underground. Theodore was first to stand and look at the closing of the cataclysmic hole; he shook his head and once again, looked around, realizing that Kaiser was nowhere to be found. He rushed off around the area only to find that he was hanging upside down with a piece of root wrapped around his ankle. Chuckling, Theodore managed to cut Kaiser down from his imprisonment and the two sighed knowing they would need to find a way out.

[center]+ + + + +[/center]

Walking through the many pathways and evading treacherous dangers, Kaiser and Theodore dreaded the thought of another misled path or another poisoned arrow darting past them. In fact, the two merely wanted to leave the godforsaken they had come to become acquainted with. Soon enough, the two had come to a pathway with what seemed like an exit and rushed off towards it but as they went off, Kaiser had tripped on a jagged rock and his head had nearly missed the axe only a few inches away.

Standing up, Kaiser checked his hair and found nothing missing but as he turned, an inscription was etched into the wall beside where the axe had fallen. Reading it aloud, it said:

[i][center]Welcome to the labyrinth of utmost strife
Where most people?s dreams are to arise to life
However, you must do something before you can get through
To get through this maze you must have at least two teams of two.[/i][/center]

[B]?Great. Where are we supposed to find two teams of two in this place??[/B]

Kaiser shrugged and walked on into what seemed to be an opening down towards the other side but soon realized his mistake as the sounds of rearranging mechanisms resounded in his and Theodore?s ears. With another sigh, he and his friend walked down only to find another group but was sure to prepare himself in case of battle.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1][B]OOC Assumed you meant us, Rev. >>[/B]

Juan Feng leant against the far wall of their enclosure, his sharp eyes surveying the darkened pit to pick up any parts that may...surprise them, later. Satisfied that the only weapons were near the entrance, or exit, he crouched down and placed a gloved hand against the soft floor, his black robes fanning out behind him.

[B]"Hn, Ixi...I think this floor is breathing."[/B] He said, his voice deadpan and his face straight, as per usual.

Ixi raised a sleek eyebrow and walked over to where Juan was crouched, beckoning Gippal over with a twitch of his forefinger.

[B]"You think it's alive?"[/B]

[B]"It think it's a boss. I imagine we'd meet it's head,"[/B] he extended his long fingered hand, pointing with two fingers at the exit, guarded by an ornate arch and the deadly scythes, [B]"at the other end of that tunnel. That's probably why we need two teams of two at least; otherwise we'd be wiped out. Looks like this is a co-op mission."[/B]

[B]"'Co-op' mission?"[/B] Gippal asked, turning his gaze to Ixi, who stood with his arms folded.

[B]"It means cooperative mission, Gip, meaning that we have to carry it out with other players, rather than going it alone or with NPCs. At least, that?s what?s advised."[/B]

Gippal nodded in understanding and crossed his arms, as if he were imitating Ixi. Juan Feng glanced up and pegged it as defensive body language, but nothing more.

[B]"I guess it's a good thing we found this place, then. My swords haven't tasted blood nor flesh in quite a while. Nothing...worthwhile, anyway."[/B] he turned to Gippal, flashing the blonde a sickly sweet smile.

[B]"I hope you're not one for wetting yourself."[/B]
[B][CENTER]***[/CENTER][/B]

What seemed like hours later, but what in fact only ten minutes, Ixi heard voices and the sound of grinding machinery. He stood steady immediately, his well honed senses on full alert. The machinery stopped and the voices grew louder, approaching them, Ixi realised.

[B]"Juan Fe--"[/B]

[B]"I know. I recognise the voice, too."[/B]

He rested one hand on the sheath of his top sword, his bangles jingling lightly against the dull metal. [B]"I don't think we'll have to fight, but he's unpredictable."[/B]

Ixi nodded and nudged Gippal back a little, not wanting the newer member to be in direct line of fire.

A moment later, two men emerged, their stances clearly showing that they were ready for battle. One glanced at the face of each player in front of him before smiling, relaxing his body. [B]"Ah, seems we were worried for nothing."[/B]

[B]"Indeed, Kaiser. Theodore."[/B] Juan Feng bowed his head briefly, before slumping against the wall once again.

Gippal, who had been holding his breath, now let it out in a relieved sigh, [B]"So now we have two teams of two! We can go on this mission."[/B]

Kaiser looked toward Gippal and his brow furrowed, [B]"So, you had an inscription in this area, too?"[/B]

Ixi nodded and waved a hand toward the archway, "[B]Seems as though there are quite a few of these chambers scattered around. I guess this must be the main entrance, though."[/B]

The newly arrived players both nodded and glanced at each other, before looking at Juan Feng.

[B]"So why is there a newbie here?"[/B]

Gippal sighed, and sunk to the floor in defeat.

[B]OOC Dude, I totally didn't re-read Rev's sign up, because I suck. If I got anything off-kilter, I'm very sorry. =/[/B][/SIZE]

[CENTER][FONT=tahoma][b][size=5]EVENT![/size][/b][/CENTER]

Across the whole globe, a booming voice shouted again.

"Event!" It was a GM. GM Tagg to be more specific, as White had figured out. GM Tagg was one of the best Event Master's around. She came up with some of the best ideas, and all in all was just very sweet when it came to who won.

"The Event today is Hide and Go Seek. I have hidden a small copper coin, the size of a toenail, somewhere in EVIO. Your job is to find it and return it to me. Feel free to get into groups to look for it. While this event is in progress, all PvP (player versus player) will be disabled and anyone participating has been granted a mount for the time being.

"If you are of the Fire Faction, you will recieve the [url=http://neogurus.net/images/Final_Fantasy_VII/images/red_xiii.jpg][color=#444444]Tribal Dog[/COLOR][/url]. Water Faction members will get a [url=http://www.dragnix.net/From_tail_to_snout/blue-drg_eating.jpg][color=#444444]Water Serpent[/COLOR][/url]. A [url=http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1272/wind2rs.jpg][color=#444444]Gryphon[/COLOR][/url] will belong to you Wind-users and Earth Faction players will recieve a [url=http://www.worldofwarcraft.hu/images2/wow%20mount/Rams/ss2.jpg][color=#444444]Rock Ram[/COLOR][/url]. Finally, players of the Light Faction will get a [url=http://www.heavenandearthdesigns.com/Unicorn%20Love.jpg][color=#444444]Unicorn[/COLOR][/url] and Shadow followers will get a [url=http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/8600/fire24al.jpg][color=#444444]Demon Horse[/COLOR][/url]." As soon as GM Tagg finished the mount speech, players dropped weapons and raced for to look around the globe, trying to find the Copper Coin. GM Tagg spoke again.

"To get your mount, sign-up at the nearest list in your local city and log out. When you log back in, your mount will be waiting for you in your bank. Also, I have hidden 4 fake Copper Coins. They look identical to the other one, but are not one in the same. Handing in one of these will grant you the ability to keep your mount."[/FONT]

[color=indigo][i]Well, damn, [/i]Kiva thought after the event announcement was made. [i]And here I was hoping to have some fun with other players. Oh, well. Odds are that everyone on this quest is going to be looking for the coin, so there's not much danger of somebody completing the quest until after the event. SO I guess I might as well go join the fun.[/i][/color]

[color=#4b0082]Kiva teleported herself to the Sky Dome. She found a list and signed up, after which she logged out. EVIO saved her status, then there was a brief moment of disorientation. [/color]When that passed, Kiva found herself back in reality. SHe immediately logged back into EVIO. There was another moment of disorientation as Kiva was inserted into VR, after which [color=indigo]she was in EVIO once more. She was in the Sky Dome, exactly where she'd been when she logged off. She checked her bank, confirming that the mount was indeed there. Then she found a place to sit, opened up her map, and tried to figure out where the coin was hidden.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]Kiva was able to eliminate several locations right off the bat. Many were simply too obvious. Also, she doubted that it would be hidden in a city. With so many people in the cities, a coin hidden in a city would be found pretty quickly. Also, she expected that it wouldn't be in an extra-dangerous area. After all, it wouldn't exactly be fair if the coin was hidden in an area where only more-experienced players could go to with any hope of surviving.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]After eliminating as many areasas she could, Kiva began considering individual areas one at a time. She used any information she had on the areas, whether it was from personal experience, word of mouth, or just what was listed on the general area descriptions that each area in EVIO was given. However, she was no longer simply eliminating areas. Instead, she ranked them based on how likely she considered each location's being where the coin was hidden.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]Eventually, Kiva got to the Temple of Kaolos. It was a complex structure, a large temple that had an extensive underground portion. According to the in-game history, the temple was originally built in honor of the earth god Kaolos. However, as time passed, the temple saw less and less activity. Eventually, it was abandoned completely. Over time, the temple becameovergrown with vegetation. The entire temple was in disrepair, and some areas had completely collapsed. The underground portion, however, was more or less intact. All in all, it made for a large and complex structure, yet one that Kiva foundvery enjoyable to explore.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]Kiva'd been to the Temple of Kaolos once before, on a quest, and the more she considered the area, the more likely it seemed that the coin was hidden there. The Temple of Kaolos was one of Kiva's favorite areas, and it seemed that she would be visiting it once again. It was the perfect place to hide something. The lpace had so many secret passages and hidden rooms that it would be extremely difficult to find them all. Also, the area's difficulty level was about perfect for this kind of event. And then there was the fact that it was a pretty well-explored area. Many people would pass over it, thinking that the coin wouldn't be hidden in such a popular area. Kiva, however, wasn't one of them.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]Kiva hadn't been to the Temple of Kaolos recently enough to have a mental image of it that was clear enough for teleportation, so she teleported herself to the nearby city of Eneos, then used the gryphon mount provided for the event to get the rest of the way. She was soon at the temple. Reterning her mount to her bank, she entered the temple and began to search for the coin.[/color]

-----------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Hope all that's okay with you, White. Please tell me if I need to make any changes.

[COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]After all the talking was done, the parties were prepared for the perils that they were about to experience right? There weren't many people In EVIO who could actually say that they were sucked into the ground and had to go through what seemed to be a relentless labyrinth and come back out alive. However the first problem to try to figure out is, now that they had the requirement for the first, task/riddle down. Could they enter the labyrinth and actually come out with their heads on so to speak?

?Yosh!? Ixi exclaimed with a courage-filled conscience packed inside his body. ?Now then, apparently as this scripture goes, we should be able to go inside the labyrinth safely without the threat of being decapitated?Now the only question that remains is?who is going to go first and test to see if it is right?? Ixi shot a short glance at all of the others around him, he was sure that he wasn?t going to dare to try to do it again.

?Well, the way that I see it, just to ensure that it really is safe, and in the case that it isn?t?? Kaiser stepped into the conversation for a brief statement. ?I suggest the person to go forth first should be the one that has the least worth to us. ? Only mere seconds after he mentioned that the whole group looked over at Gippal, who at the time could only help but utter a light shriek.

?Ahh come now Gippal!? Ixi said as he placed his hands onto his shoulders and gently began to press him over towards the entrance. ?Don?t worry a bit, I mean, as long as we properly fulfilled the things that the scripture had said. You shouldn?t be harmed at all. ?He at least tried to give him some kind of support, to be honest not even Ixi wanted to go back in there for the threat of being decapitated. ?Oh and one more thing? Ixi leaned a bit closer to Gippal and whispered into his ear. ?If you die, I would be careful around the graveyard, you could get abducted by those of the shadow faction and turned into nothing more than a power up. ? By now they were close enough to the entrance to the labyrinth and Ixi just pushed him into the entrance, by now Gippal was either going to be decapitated and die a horrible and painless death. Alternatively, he would just fall on the ground and nothing else would happen?

Luckily for him, the latter happened and he only fell to the floor, as well as Ixi let out a rather excited sounding, ?Yay? the quintuplet of heroes set off through the entrance and set off through the mysterious twists and turns that ran through the labyrinth. It didn?t take long for a problem to come up though, for in such a place with restricted confines, it was just imminent that such a thing would happen soon. The attack however was subtitle and rather secretive. A lone block was removed from the upper portion of the maze and a long, slim like tube emerged. For anyone who had seen some kind of move they knew what was coming, a lone dart was fired from it and struck one of the heroes in the neck, which one was it though? The dart chose to nestle itself in the neck of Ixi.

?What?The...? Ixi let his hand slide back over his neck and found the dart. It was then that he could feel his blood in his veins go down to a daring chill, something like that isn?t launched at someone for no reason, he was just injected with something, what was important to find out now though, was exactly what was it that was inserted into him? Everything felt fine. For now at least.

They wondered about the maze for a little while longer only getting some minor damage as well. They only tripped some giant swinging axes, a couple of flying shrunken flying from the sides of the wall, and finally a trap door floor which Gippal almost fell down into. After all, of their subtle and rather short adventuring they met their first test. A rather imposing and large wall with another scripture on it, yet unlike the other ones it was a little bit odd

[I][CENTER]\/\\/3|_|_ (0|\|9|247(_)|_4710|\|5 0|\| |331|\|9 4|3|_3 70 |234|) 7|-|15 4|\||) 937 7|-|15 |=4|2
17 15 |247|-|3|2 1|\|73|23571|\|9 51|\|(3 4|_|_ 7|-|3 07|-|3|2 4773//\//\|O75 4|23 5(_)|3 |O4|2,
7|-|15 71//\//\3 70 0|O3|\| 7|-|3 |)00|25 4|_|_ Y0(_) //\//\(_)57 |)0 15 |23(173 7|-|15 1|\|(4|\|74710|\|.
Y37 Y0(_) //\//\(_)57 |33 \/3|2Y (4|23|=(_)|_, |=0|2 0|\| 7|-|3 07|-|3|2 51|)3 15 Y0(_)|2 |=1|\|4|_ |234|_124710|\|.

?\/0|315 \/15((_)//\//\ \/15?[/CENTER][/I]

Of course, the first person who read this was Theodore who at first really didn?t know what or how to make out the writing. In fact, everyone except for Ixi took a chance at reading the scripture before they gave up and began to attack the door, still nothing happened and they all ended up just sprawling out on the floor around them looking at one another still not being able to figure out a plan.

?Go on Ixi, try your luck at it, hopefully you could do a little bit better at it than we could? Juan Feng sighed, speaking in a rather defeated like tone.

?|-|//\//\//\//\? \\/\\/|-|47 |)1|) Y0(_) \\/\\/4|\|7 J(_)4|\| |=3|\|9??Ixi replied looking at the scripture for a moment but then had his view taken away from him as he saw the back passage that they had just come from close off. Oh boy that couldn?t have been good, the wall than began moving closer towards them apparently looking as if it was going to crush them against the large door in front of them. ?|-|//\//\//\//\//\//\?9(_)Y5 7|-|3 |34(|< \\/\\/4|_|_ 15 //\//\0\/1|\|9?1 7|-|1|\||< \\/\\/3 |-|4|) |33773|2 //\//\0\/3 |=4573|2 70 |O|23\/3|\|7 |331|\|9 (|2(_)5|-|3|) Y34|-|?? Well apparently, the cause of that injection of serum was apparent. Whatever it was, it had caused him to talk like that. Still though the rest of the group only looked at him oddly.

?Ixi?why are you talking all weird like that?? Gippal was among one of the ones who had a great curiosity at the way he was talking, it was odd but finally after Ixi had began pointing to the wall moving closer towards them they had to pressed Ixi onto the door to let him actually read the scripture so that he could actually read it, and also because the wall was getting a little bit to close. What was odd though, when Ixi read it, it said.

[I][CENTER]Well congratulations on being able to read this and get this far
It is rather interesting since all the other attempts are sub par,
This time to open the doors all you must do is recite this incantation.
Yet you must be very careful, for on the other side is your final realization.

?Vobis viscum vis?[/CENTER][/I]

Not to many seconds later the door slowly began to open, yet since the crushing wall had gotten so close, all five of them were actually pressed up against one another almost to the point that they were crushed, yet just in time the door was open enough for them to be able to get through, the door lead to a giant arena like room, it was rather ominous, epically with all of the blood on the wall. They all got up and briefly checked themselves and brushed themselves off. ?Next time I get that close to another male, I will be sure to shoot myself.? Ixi snickered and Gippal soon later patted him on the back at his noticing of his speech was back to normal.

The group of five adventurers soon went out and around to try to find an exit to the giant arena like room, it looked rather.. Large as well as odd, why was there so many?ominous looking stains on the walls. Kaiser however, in his exploring of the room hit a certain tile that seemed to retract, as the whole room seemed to come alive. Two chambers on the side opened and two rather evil looking monsters came out, one a three-headed [URL=http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/8605/hellhound28wf.jpg]Cerberus[/URL], and the other a [URL=http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3228/2e52scd0zz.jpg]Xintexies[/URL], both imposing looking creature, the walls then came to life as spikes came out of them and the walls began to compact on all of them, what an odd kind of situation?

Juan Feng just signed heavily as he looked at the situation and groaned. ? Alright..let me get this straight, we must defeat these two monsters, find out how to stop these spike laden walls and escape to the next room before we die??

?It looks like that?? Theodore mentioned as the warriors drew their weapons and looked at their current situation; it didn?t seem too possible, yet as usually anything could be changed easily.

------
Oooh wow, a monster/death puzzle fight, try to have some fun with this and although my mind is suffering from some kind of absorption you can add any attacks as you see fit, besides that try to have some fun with it? Sorry if this seems a little bit rushed though, I finished the whole thing then the computer froze and then I had to do it all over again. By the way, if you end the battle early, you can continue on through the maze however you wish. For now though try to have fun ^_^;
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Theodore smirked quite proudly, feeling strong with his sword in his hand. He obviously had forgotten that he didn?t actually [I]use[/I] the sword. He backed away with a few other members of the group, sighing. Should he fight a Cerberus or a Xintexies? Oh, what a wonderful choice.

After a few moments he looked down at his sword and put it back where it belonged. He found himself backing away from the Cerberus, the other creature seemed to have little or no interest in the left side of the room. Theodore just kept backing away, the creature came closer to himself and Ixi, the other group member. Theodore suddenly walked into something behind him, a sharp pain jabbed into his shoulder and he winced, turning around to see one of the spikes in the moving wall had caught his shoulder. He turned back to the Cerberus, and saw it had leapt for him.

[B]?Wow!?[/B] Theodore yelled, launching one of the basic shadow attacks, a shadow ball, at the creature. It staggered back with it?s eyes closed as a sphere of black energy exploded in its face, and when it recovered it looked back up, growling at both Ixi and Theodore again. Theo, quite angry that the creature hadn?t even [I]pretended[/I] to be hurt by one of his attacks, charged up another one of his shadow balls in his right palm. He launched it but, unfortunately, Ixi had also gone forward for an attack and had to back off from Theodore?s shadow ball.

[B]?Hey! Watch it!?[/B] Ixi shouted. Theodore held his hands up to apologise, and while doing so, the Cerberus had charged him. Luckily Theo managed to move himself out of the way, though his shoulder caught another enclosing spike and he well on the floor, rolling to the side so he avoided the Cerberus which had turned and headed for Ixi.

[B]?Ixi, I?m going to go and find a way to shut these walls off. You won't mind if I leave you to fight the Ceberus, right??[/B]Theodore said from the floor, but didn't wait for a response. [B]?Kaiser, you busy??[/B] he shouted over to his friend. There was no reply, but there was a frown from Kaiser, who had basically stated he [I]was[/I] busy fighting a monster.

Theodore leapt up quickly and began to walk down the room in a fast pace, looking for anything to switch the walls off and stop the spikes from moving. He got to the end of the room and looked, seeing more tiles. He backed away from them with a ?Ouh, don?t wanna touch those? comment and continued his searching.

On the far side of the room he searched the back wall, frantically to say the least. He ran his hands across the wall, careful of the spikes, until he found a loose brick. He looked over at the group.

[B]?I think I found it! I?m going to see if this works, but don?t blame me is the room blows up or those? [I]things[/I] start leaking acid!?[/B] He told them.

Looking back down at the wall, Theodore saw the brick he wanted. He also saw that the walls were slowly passing the brick, which would then make it impossible for him to press it. He tried to get his hand past the spikes, but they were too thick and the brick was almost gone. In a quick move, Theodore stepped back and tried something quite unique.

[B]?Shadow puppet!?[/B] he said, thrusting his hands forward. Thick shadows ran down his hands, coming out of his fingertips and at first forming a shadow against the spiked wall. Soon the shadow built up, quite quickly in fact, to an almost living shadow. Theodore manipulated the shadow like a puppet, which it was, and he knew that a shadow could easily squeeze into the tiniest corners.

It was too late. The wall had completely passed the brick, and even though he tried to get his shadow puppet?s hand through the small gap in the spiked wall it was useless, he couldn?t see what he was doing behind the wall to manipulate the puppet correctly. He swore under his breath, backed away, and looked across the back wall again. He had stepped back this time to get a full view, and if he saw a brick that remotely looked like it was loose, he would manipulate the shadow puppet which was much faster than himself to test it.

[B]?I will [I]not[/I] be a power up, I will [I]not[/I] be a power up??[/B] He chanted under his breath. He definitely didn?t want to die and go to the graveyard.

------------

[I]OOC: I hope this is okay, if there?s anything that nobody likes in this post then I?ll edit it straight away.[/I][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma][B]"Oh great..."[/B] Gippal groaned under his hot breath, [B]"...Let me see... should I die of being crushed by walls with huge spikes on them? Die of being some monsters dinner? Or how about both?"[/B]

[B]"Gippal... how about helping me defeat this dog-breath monster, please?!"[/B] Ixi sneered as he gritted his teeth at the blonde boy. It looked as if he was having a bit of trouble while the three headed mutt kept trying to chomp at his body.

Suddenly, Ixi stood up at the precise moment and yelled, [B]"Fimbulveter!"[/B] summoning a huge tornado with millions of sharp ice picks, ready to stab at Cerberus. But unfortunatly, with one sway of his three humongous heads, the wind blew the tornado away as if it were just a slight breeze in the springtime. [B]"What the...."[/B] Ixi said while his mouth was widely agape, [B]"...how the hell does my spell vanish like nothing?!"[/B] He threw a little temper tantrum, with his back turned at the dog...

[B]"Ixi!! Watch out!"[/B] Gippal yelled as he was running towards the red head to tackle and move him out of Cerberus' huge paw swing. Pulling it out at the last minute, he unsheathed his giant sword and placed it in front of the paw, struggling to keep it from hitting them both.

Ixi's eyes widened and he gave a little smirk at Gippal. [B]"Wow... nice skills you got there, dude. I'd say you weren't the average newbie I'd thought you were." [/B] He gave the blonde a thumbs up with his right hand.

Gippal smiled and was finally happy that someone had accepted him into the group. But then, the huge dog lifted his paw again and swatted it hard against Gippal's guarding sword, sending him flying against a spiked wall. Ixi was shouting his name and tried to run over to him, but he was also sent over to a nearby wall.

[B]"Ugh..."[/B] Gippal uttered under his breath and tried to stand up, but he whinced at the pain that was coming from the right side of his ribs. He looked down to see a few spikes stabbing him by his lower right side, blood dripping from his wound and also the spikes. With one hard tug, he pulled his body and fell towards the ground, his hands and knees holding his body up. He panted a little and looked towards Ixi, who was unconcious for awhile.

He started to get angry and gritted his teeth, a new flame ignited in his fighting spirit. He reached his left hand over a little to grab his fallen sword and stood in his fighting pose, readying himself. Out of nowhere, his sword Blue Inferno had glown blue and fire started swirling around it.

Then, he started running over to the beast, yelling as he ran. The dog heard him running and turned his mouth over to him, ready to bite. Gippal jumped up and bounced off his nose, holding his sword over his head. [B]"Unlimited Rage!"[/B] he suddenly yelled and then started hitting different sword combos at the dog's head, his blade and arms flying as if it was only in one swing.

Kaiser whistled as he watched Gippal's mad sword combos. [B]"Damn... are you sure this is a newb, Juan?"[/B] he said as he fought the other monster, [B]"...cause he's pretty damn good."[/B]

Juan chuckled a little and focused on fighting the monster. [B]"I'd say he finally saw real blood and grew into an actual fighter."[/B]

~+~+~+~+~+~+~
OoC: Woo I love battle scenes! I hope this was okay, because I referred the Cerberus to that of KH. =D[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=indigo]It wasn't long before Kiva discovered that she wasn't the only person in the Temple of Kaolos. There was someone else in the Temple with her. Kiva 'd caught a glimpse of the other person as he or she rounded a corner. Kiva wasn't surprised to see another person in the Temple; she knew she couldn't be the only one who thought it a likely hiding spot for the coin. True, one of the reasons Kiva thought the coin was in the Temple was because most people were unlikely to think it would be in such a popular and well-explored area, but she'd also know that somebody else was bound to draw the same conclusions she had about the Temple.[/color]
[color=#4b0082][/color]
[color=#4b0082]Kiva stepped around a corner and almost literally ran into the other person. Kiva recognized the person immediately. [i]It would be her[/i], Kiva thought. [i]The two of us do seem to think alike in more ways than one[/i]. "Hello, Kalika," she said aloud.[/color]
[color=#4b0082][/color]
[color=#4b0082]"Kiva!" Kalika exclaimed. "I knew I saw somebody else in here. Lovely to see you again."[/color]
[color=#4b0082][/color]
[color=#4b0082]"Really?" Kiva replied. "I, on the other hand, was hoping that I'd never bump into you again. I should have known better. Well, I'd say 'bring it on', but PvP has been disabled for the duration of the current event, so I guess this marks the first time we run into each other but don't end up fighting."[/color]
[color=#4b0082][/color]
[color=#4b0082]"True," Kalika said. "Of course, that's only pecause the game won't let us fight, so I don't think this really counts."[/color]
[color=#4b0082][/color]
[color=#4b0082]"For once, I think I have to agree with you. I would kick your ass right now if the game would let me. But since it won't, I guess I'll just have to settle for beating you to the prize. And now that I think about it, this actually is a fight. It's just not the same kind of fight. So I guess we actually are going to do battle here, just not in the usual way."[/color]
[color=#4b0082][/color]
[color=#4b0082]Kalika nodded. "For once, you and I are in complete agreement. NOw, shall we do this?"[/color]
[color=#4b0082][/color]
[color=#4b0082]"Bring it on," Kiva replied. She and Kalika took off in seperate directions, trying to find the coin before the other could. And just because PvP was disabled didn't mean thatKiva and Kalika had to leave each other alone. There were plenty of ways that they could interfere with each other without it falling into the realm of PvP. So there would be plenty of interferance. Kiva knew that, win or lose, she was going to enjoy this.[/color]

[COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=1]occ: I hope this is ok with you Random! I?ll change it right away it if its not k? ^_^; and if I?ve got something wrong please tell me white. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]
[CENTER]+++[/CENTER]
[SIZE=1][B]?I?m late! Dam it!?[/B] Archer was supposed to meet Random in game almost 2 hours ago. [B]?I hope she?s not raving mad.?[/B] she muttered to herself. Sure enough Random was still waiting for her at their prescribed meeting place, which was at the main market place right next to the large bulletin board. Random had her left hand on her hip, assuming an almost annoyed stance.

[B]?Finally, where have you been?? [/B] Random yelled at her friend, Archer looked rather sheepish.

[B]?I-ah over slept.? [/B] Random rolled her eyes at Archer.

[B]?I?m sorry! Can we get going then?? [/B] Random could never stay angry at her for long, her expression changed from irritated to normal; at least Archer hoped it was normal. The two were planning on taking a quest together; they started looking around the bulletin board when they were momentarily startled by a booming voice.

[B]"Event!"[/B] Random and Archer looked at one another excitedly.

[B]"The Event today is Hide and Go Seek. I have hidden a small copper coin, the size of a toenail, somewhere in EVIO. Your job is to find it and return it to me. Feel free to get into groups to look for it. While this event is in progress, all PvP (player versus player) will be disabled and anyone participating has been granted a mount for the time being. [/B]

[B]"If you are of the Fire Faction, you will receive the Tribal Dog. Water Faction members will get a Water Serpent. A Gryphon will belong to you Wind-users and Earth Faction players will receive a Rock Ram. Finally, players of the Light Faction will get a Unicorn and Shadow followers will get a Demon Horse."[/B] Almost everyone around the two players at that point dropped whatever weapons they were using to fight one another and ran off, some people just ran off.

[B]"To get your mount, sign-up at the nearest list in your local city and log out. When you log back in, your mount will be waiting for you in your bank. Also, I have hidden 4 fake Copper Coins. They look identical to the other one, but are not one in the same. Handing in one of these will grant you the ability to keep your mount."[/B]

Random and Archer looked at one another and spoke at the same time. [B]?You up for it?? [/B] They laughed as they ran off to find the nearest list. Signing up the two players were signing out of the game and back in again ready to get going on their mounts. Now all they needed to do was figure out where two of these coins were.

[B]?I?m pretty sure that we can?t both claim one coin.?[/B] Random spoke as Archer nodded in agreement with her. The coins wouldn?t be anywhere obvious, Archer thought. Unless?unless the GM puts them somewhere obvious thinking no one will look there because it?s obvious. The thought just proved to confuse her more than she already was. Ruling out the thought to make her head stop hurting Archer produced a map of the world. They marked where they thought the coins might be in order of possibility. One signifying ?It HAS to be there? and 5 signifying ?Might be but unlikely.?

They had to find two of the coins it didn?t matter if the two they found weren?t real, keeping a mount would be just as good; if they found only one then they would decide who would hand it in by their usual friendly manner of rock paper scissors. They rarely ever fought with one another even when they did they were usually laughing by the end of it and all was forgotten.

[B]?I think one of them might be here.? [/B] Archer spoke matter of fact. She pointed to the medium level desert, her finger resting right on the Rllyek Mountain, the mountain was well known among players of being the home to one of the games most prized birds, the Giant Jingwei. The bird was known to many for its sheer determination when going after its prey or intruders into its territory, one the bird had you in its sights it wouldn?t give up hunting you. The Mountain was placed right on the boundary to the higher level deserts.

Random looked at Archer mortified; they would need every trick in the book to out smart a Jingwei, That?s if the coin was actually there in the first place. Archer was having serious doubts about disturbing the giant birds herself, for this outing she would need to learn a new spell.

[B]?I?ll be right back?? [/B] Archer ran off leaving Random to contemplate the map while she was gone. Archer returned a few minutes later with a wide grin on her face. She had in her hand a small cleat bottle. Inside this bottle was a fine white mist. Buying the spell from a merchant was an expensive way to do things, Archer didn?t like doing it but she didn?t have the time to learn it herself. Archer took off the lid of the bottle and brought it up under her nose, the mist filed out of the bottle, spilt into two streams and disappeared up her nostrils. She brought out her crystal orb to see if the spell had worked. Sure enough a white mist formed inside the orb and then dissipated. She had learnt a new spell.

Random looked at her friend funny and then decided not to ask what she had just done. Archer rejoined her friend in looking at the map to decide where their second port of call would be. Random deduced that another of the coins might be hidden in the ruins of the great Tuttlan forest, Archer agreed. The two hopped on their mounts and headed out, their first stop would be Rllyek Mountain; Archer hoped that her new spell would do the trick; if it didn?t then they would both be wandering the graveyard very soon. [/SIZE]

[size=1][b]"Event! The Event today is Hide and Go Seek. I have hidden a small copper coin, the size of a toenail, somewhere in EVIO. Your job is to find it and return it to me. Feel free to get into groups to look for it. While this event is in progress, all PvP (player versus player) will be disabled and anyone participating has been granted a mount for the time being. If you are of the Fire Faction, you will recieve the Tribal Dog. Water Faction members will get a Water Serpent. A Gryphon will belong to you Wind-users and Earth Faction players will recieve a Rock Ram. Finally, players of the Light Faction will get a Unicorn and Shadow followers will get a Demon Horse. To get your mount, sign-up at the nearest list in your local city and log out. When you log back in, your mount will be waiting for you in your bank. Also, I have hidden 4 fake Copper Coins. They look identical to the other one, but are not one in the same. Handing in one of these will grant you the ability to keep your mount."[/b]

Isadora, or more casually known as Izzy, looked up at the sky as this announcement was broadcast over the world of EVIO. She half sighed as she witnessed a lot of players scattering in all directions, underneath the glass top of the Sky Dome. Being a Wind faction player, this was were Izzy hung out the most. That didn't mean she didn't enjoy being in other factions' cities, it's just that this one felt more like home.

The event that was just broadcast over the Sky Dome sounded half interesting. But the majority of the player populace thought this also. Izzy walked along the clean streets of the Sky Dome, looking at stalls and shops. Since she was a sorceress, weapons didn't interest her much. It was the spellbooks that she had come to look at. One particular merchant approached her, rubbing their hands together enthusiastically.

[b]" What can I do for you today Miss Sorceress?"[/b]
Izzy looked up at him, using her rare feather staff to keep her balance. Her armour, after all, was heavier than it looked - but, there were reasons for this. [b]" I'm looking for Wind Faction Spellbook V,"[/b] she said in a rather authorative voice.

The merchant player was rather taken aback. He had taken Izzy for a soft-spoken, innocent girl - a common misconception. It was the pearlesque fairy wings fluttering on her back and her soft pink cloth, matching outfit that led people to believe different.

[b]" I - I don't have that one Miss,"[/b] the merchant stuttered in shocked reply.
[b]" Thank you for your time."[/b] Izzy stood straight and stretched before walking back to her favourite spot in Sky Dome - atop a craggy, rocky cliff that overlooked the bustling city.

As she sat down on the ledge, dangling her feet over, Izzy wondered who she should make a party with for the event. During her month here, she hadn't made many friends. Most of the people around here were not interested in having a sorceres-player like her in their party. When she was a newbie, Izzy asked a lot of people if she could join their parties, but all of them said no. It was a crushing experience as a new player.

But there was one player that helped her. [i]Gabriel.[/i]

Izzy decided to send him an email, asking if he'd like to join her in the new event. After sending the email, she sat back and watched the people below her, wondering if he'd get the email.[/size]

[size=1][color=gray]?Oh brother, this is going to take a while again.? It had been a while since Sylvester had last logged in and he already feared what would come now. He could be sure that his inbox would be loaded with e-mails with lots of bad grammar of which you could just make out that the sender would like some more items or money.

He likes helping people, but Sylvester didn?t really like how some people reacted to it. Most of the time he?d just send a lot of the messages to the trashcan, especially the ones with horrid grammar in them.

?Here goes.?[/color]

He was right. Gabriel?s inbox was indeed loaded once more with messages.
[list]
[*][I]?Hiya, cud u pwrlvl me??[/I] ? Wizard34
[b]Delete[/b]
[*][I]?Do u hav spare itms 4 me??[/I] ? Masterman
[b]Delete[/b]
[*][I]?Ive died. Did U C my sprt??[/I] ? HealerMonk
[b]Delete[/b]
[*][I]?Ima frined of Drklords!?[/I] - kAizerl0rd007
[b]Delete[/b]
[*][I]?I challnge u!?[/I] ? Satan666Sword
[b]Delete[/b]
[*][I]?Hlp me wid quests, plz?[/I] ? MrFighter
[b]Delete[/b]
[*][I]I liek elvs LOL!1[/I] ? Prick Wizard
[b]Delete[/b]

So on and on, until one mail caught Gabriel's attention.

[*][b]?EVENT!?[/b] - GM Tagg[/list]
Hey, an event. Let?s see. [b]Read[/b].

[indent][FONT=tahoma]The Event today is Hide and Go Seek. I have hidden a small copper coin, the size of a toenail, somewhere in EVIO. Your job is to find it and return it to me. Feel free to get into groups to look for it. While this event is in progress, all PvP (player versus player) will be disabled and anyone participating has been granted a mount for the time being.

If you are of the Fire Faction, you will recieve the [url=http://neogurus.net/images/Final_Fantasy_VII/images/red_xiii.jpg][color=#444444]Tribal Dog[/COLOR][/url]. Water Faction members will get a [url=http://www.dragnix.net/From_tail_to_snout/blue-drg_eating.jpg][color=#444444]Water Serpent[/COLOR][/url]. A [url=http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1272/wind2rs.jpg][color=#444444]Gryphon[/COLOR][/url] will belong to you Wind-users and Earth Faction players will recieve a [url=http://www.worldofwarcraft.hu/images2/wow%20mount/Rams/ss2.jpg][color=#444444]Rock Ram[/COLOR][/url]. Finally, players of the Light Faction will get a [url=http://www.heavenandearthdesigns.com/Unicorn%20Love.jpg][color=#444444]Unicorn[/COLOR][/url] and Shadow followers will get a [url=http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/8600/fire24al.jpg][color=#444444]Demon Horse[/COLOR][/url].

To get your mount, sign-up at the nearest list in your local city and log out. When you log back in, your mount will be waiting for you in your bank. Also, I have hidden 4 fake Copper Coins. They look identical to the other one, but are not one in the same. Handing in one of these will grant you the ability to keep your mount.[/FONT]
[/indent]

?Sounds fun. I haven?t participated in an event for a long time.? Gabriel said to no one in specific. He just checked up on his last few messages before he?d go to the list in the Necropolis.

The streets of the Necropolis were busy at the moment. More busy than usual. Now that many people had sheeted their weapons to go look for the coins, some wraiths would grab their chance and dare attack a new player once in a while. Some older players would free them when they saw it happen, but most of the players were too busy trying to get out of town on their mounts, that they didn?t even notice the movements in the shadows.

There. Another player was grabbed into a corner. This time however, the attacking wraith had made a bad choice and had mistaken an experienced fighter for a Newbie. There was a flash of fire, after it a quick shriek and a moment later the fighter stepped back on his Demon Horse and rode on. A bit more careful than before, however.

Gabriel couldn?t help but laugh. Some people really get too careless when events are on. Mostly these are the people that will later complain at the forum about how they got killed and a shadow player took their spirit.

When he crossed the marketplace, Gabriel immediately noticed all of the people trying to sell off their of their speed increasing items. Some of them were making good profit, as long as they didn?t ask ridiculously high prices. The others that would be trying to sell off their items however, were either already gone or were right now packing their mounts. Mostly new players were scattered all over the place trying to pick up some of the items that people dropped in their haste.

After only a short walk, Gabriel had reached the list. It was crowded with people who were too late and people who couldn?t or didn?t dare to get through of the mass. If PvP were on, you could bet your behind off that there?d be a prankster right now to summon some kind of huge monster that?d blast everyone away at once. It?d solve the crowding problem, though.

Gabriel caught something in the corner of his eye. A GameMaster came walking in the direction of the crowd. In the blink of an eye, some of the biggest pushers were suddenly out of the crowd which increased the progress of the crowd a lot. Then the GameMaster shouted something about it being a lot less busy in Treetop Haven, made a portal and left again. Most of the people who were in the back of the crowd went through the portal, until it closed again. After that, there were only few left in line for the list. Gabriel?s turn to sign-up was very soon after.

[color=gray]
It was a fine moment to log out, as Sylvester was just getting a bit thirsty. He went downstairs to the kitchen and found himself some ice tea.

Whilst drinking his drink, he thought about who he?d ask to come with him on the Event. There were plenty of people who?d agree to come with him, but he wanted someone who actually knew what he or she was doing. He decided to just see if someone invites him, and he could always just put up a message on the message board.

He grabbed a cookie while he walked back to his room. Finishing his cookie, he entered the room and went back to his Virtual Reality machine to log into Elements VI Online.
[/color]

It was a bit more quiet in The Necropolis than when Gabriel had logged out. Even the undead in this part of town had calmed down. As he was about to go check his bank account, Gabriel noticed a new message waiting for him.

?A request for a party for the current event, by Isadora. That?s great, I was just looking to tag along with someone.? He remembered who it was. It was the wind wizard who had been looking for a party about a month ago. [I]Would she still be carrying such heavy armour with her?[/I] It was heartbreaking to see a new player walk around with armour she could just carry. However, while everyone rejected her from joining their party, she seemed to be a really fine wizard, especially for a new player. At least she knew what she was doing. ?Oh well, why not??

[indent]Hey Isadora,

I received your message and I would like you to know that I?d love to do this event together with you. I suggest we meet up in front of the item shop in the west of Aduin.

If you have any other suggestion, don?t mind messaging me. If not, I?ll see you there.

Gabriel[/indent]

With a bit of luck, he?d be just in time to catch a ride on the dragon to avoid a trip on his new Demon Horse.

--------

[B]OOC:[/b] White just made me realize that this is my first Roleplaying post since [b]09-27-2004, 09:37 PM[/b]! The Adventures of the Cookie Avengers! History! *celebrates*

[b]OOC (2):[/b] Bugger, I won't be able to get online until the 21th of July. Dare, feel free to travel with my character or anything. Kitty, you too if you want XD[/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][i]OOC: Illusion, it's fine...lemme know if anything is not to your liking in mine. ~.^ White, I'm assuming that this RP is 'kina like the .hack// series? I'm writing baised on that, and if anything's wrong, lemme know![/i]

Random was sitting on her new Rock Ram, while her friend, Archer, sat on her Unicorn. [i]Interesting choice for Earth Faction, but a bit predictable for the Light, I think.[/i] She laughed aloud.

"What?" asked Archer.

"Oh, nothing. I was just thinking, and I thought our, um, "rides" are interesting," she replied, the smile still on her face.

"Hah," retorted Archer, a laugh catching her. "I see what you mean. So, where are we off to first? The desert, or the forest?"

"Well," Random pondered, having her character produce a "thinking" look. "The probability of alot of people going to the desert is low, considering the Jingweis live there, so let's go there first."

"Sounds like a plan."

Archer and Random turned their steeds in the direction of the desert, and continued their journey in a silence. After a few minutes, Archer broke that silence.

"Random?"

"Ya?"

"Why don't you use magic again? I know you've told me a few times, but tell me again. I'll help pass the time."

"A few times?" Random skoffed. "Try about a million." The two friends laughed for a few seconds. "Well, where to start?"

"Why not at the beginning," suggested Archer.

"When I first started the game, everyone wanted to master every magic there was incorporated into the game. They all tried to get the best one before anyone else, and it started to grow into a popularity contest. So, once the programmers started to put in new magic, everyone flocked to it and only the most powerful ones got them. Once everyone was able to get it, the magic became "obsolete," and I just never got into it.

When I started, magic was hard to come by, especially with a powerhouse character like mine. So, basically, I just didn't even bother."

"So, what you're telling me is that you never even tried?" Archer asked, trying to understand her friend's thinking.

"I guess you could say that."

The two once again fell into silence, each lost in their own thoughts.

"Random, I have a proposition for you."

"What's that?" she asked, hesitant to know the answer.

"I want to teach you some basic spells, low-level curative and offensive spells. You up for it?"

"Well...I dunno. Lemme think on it for a bit, and I'll let you know."

"Better think fast, we're almost at the desert."

Just as those words escaped her mouth, a terrible roar trembled the earth around them.

"What the...?" exclaimed Random, stopping her Rock Ram to a hurried halt. Archer had done the same, but her Unicorn pulled it off with more grace than the Ram.

Dismounting, Random gathered her senses and started to survey the surroundings. They were in the space between field and desert, sparce grass dotted the otherwise dreary landscape. "We can't be near enough to the desert to have the Jingwei on us already, can we?"

"I don't [i]think[/i] so, but you never know," replied Archer as she, too, dismounted her steed. "I'm not sure, but I think the sound came from [i]inside[/i] the ground."

"Why do you-"

Before Random could finish her sentence, the ground in front of her exploded as several beastes emerged.

"Nevermind..."

The dust settled, and before them were many small, scrambling creatures. Archer gasped at the sight, Random just grinned. "Should be fun. I havn't fought one of these for quite some time."

"Well, I've never fought one. What are they?" asked Archer.

Falling back towards her friend to keep distance from the beasts, Random answered, "They're Cercopes, small gnome-like creatures. They're not all that powerful, but get enough of them together, and they can be as difficult to beat as a pair of Jingwei protecting their nest. Oh, and it looks as if we've come across a tribe."

"Oh, fun," Archer replied, sarcasim dripping in her words.

"Archer, you think you could teach me some of those magic spells now?" Random asked hopefully.

"If we survive, I'll be [i]more[/i] than happy to teach you."

As they were talking, the Cercopes where gathering around them, attempting to surround the two girls and cut off any escape. "Don't forget, they're immune to earth, lucky me, but weak against ice."

"Thanks. Oh, you think we could use our new mounts to help us out?" asked Archer.

"Guess we could give it a shot, eh?"

[i]OOC: Illusion, I'll let you take it from here. PM me if you have any questions. Also, White, I'm not online that much so don't shoot me for lack of participation...you, too, Amanda.[/i][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkslategray][size=1]Akujo sighed lazily, playing with the black brim of his hat and fingering Alresh's blade. He was almost a legendary player in terms of his combat abilites. He was a canditate for Game Master. He turned it down. Having all of that power and authority would cease to make the game fun. You want the challenge, the love of charging into the battle and being better than your enemy without anyone's help. He drew a line across his hat and looked up at the digital sky. A bird flew above. Rising to his feet, Akujo accesed his inbox.

[i]Buy Free Money Here![/i] -[b]Deleted.[/b]

[i]EVENT![/i]

[i]How's it been? (Author: Isadora)[/i] - [b]Saved for later viewing.[/b]

It wasn't long before he deleted all of the useless messages and read what he wanted to. He opened up the one about the Event. He'd participated in these before, and his second one was how he won his Legendary sword. It had been so long since he won one, he was due for something.

[center][b]"Event! The Event today is Hide and Go Seek. I have hidden a small copper coin, the size of a toenail, somewhere in EVIO. Your job is to find it and return it to me. Feel free to get into groups to look for it. While this event is in progress, all PvP (player versus player) will be disabled and anyone participating has been granted a mount for the time being. If you are of the Fire Faction, you will recieve the Tribal Dog. Water Faction members will get a Water Serpent. A Gryphon will belong to you Wind-users and Earth Faction players will recieve a Rock Ram. Finally, players of the Light Faction will get a Unicorn and Shadow followers will get a Demon Horse. To get your mount, sign-up at the nearest list in your local city and log out. When you log back in, your mount will be waiting for you in your bank. Also, I have hidden 4 fake Copper Coins. They look identical to the other one, but are not one in the same. Handing in one of these will grant you the ability to keep your mount."[/b][/center]

Akujo looked at the sky again as rainclouds began to move over, clouding the skies with a sense of peace. He gave a sly, canine smile and easily lifted Alresh, strapping it to his back. Calmly and confidently, he walked onwards towards the city of the Fire element, Vlanor. It wasn't long before he signed up, and then sat down, logging out after about twenty seconds.

~~~~
Stretching, Sean got up and moved to the fridge, grabbing a drink and an apple. He ate, savoring the taste, before he logged back in, immersing himself back in the game.
~~~~

Akujo sifted through his inventory to find the item [i][Horn of the Swift Tribal War Dog][/i]. He pulled it out and gave it a sharp blow, watching a sleek black wolf-like creature with crimson eyes and patches of red plate armor in places. He swung one leg over it and the wolf turned around to nuzzle his muzzle into Akujo's hand. He gave it a soft pat and grinned. He trotted it over to a LFG board, pulling out a piece of paper.

[center][b]Akujo-Fire Fighter w/Alresh, Greatsword of the Titan LFG for EVENT. Able fighter and able tanker. PST.[/b][/center]

Akujo backed away, satisfied as he led the Tribal Dog over to the Craftmans's District. He decided to craft some armor out of the items he had picked up. Someone would want some Titanic Leggings somewhere...and he needed the money.[/color][/size]

[b]OOC:[/b] Anyone can feel free to team up with Akujo. If you were wondering, he has a one handed sword and shield for "tanking" enemies, too.

[SIZE=1][color=#A88D86]Isabella had logged off a while ago when she was called down for dinner, and ended up taking an extra long time because she had to do the clean up afterwards. Now that she was done, she ran back upstairs to resume playing Elements. She was seemingly excited, though nothing that impressive had been going on for her that day.[/color]

[indent]---
[b]Log In[/b]
Username: Izz
Password: *********
---[/indent]
Izz let out a yawn, stretching out her arms in front of her as she usually did as a small 'warm up'. She had already checked her messages and recieved nothing other than an event notice. Though the event sounded interesting, she was more intruiged about her mount. A gryphon would make more quests available to her, being able to get practically anywhere in the world with a mount, and regular traveling a breeze. As the note promised, once she arrived at the Bank of Aduin, one of the winged beasts was waiting for her. Though she wasn't planning on leaving just yet, she mounted the creature and flew around the city.

After a few minutes of this, she noticed that the dragon was coming. People that would be wanting to quickly come to Aduin, most likely to take part in the event, would be riding the Element world's version of public transportation. Izz was far too lazy to look for a coin the size of a [i]toenail[/i] by herself, this would be the perfect opportunity to find players to make a team with.

Landing only moments before the dragon, as Izz dismounted, she watched casually from a distance as several players jumped off the large beast. She had been playing long enough to distinguish the experienced from the amateur, and all but one were new enough to the game to still be unskilled. The player she picked out, obviously of the Shadow faction, stayed behind while the others scattered, and she assumed he was waiting to meet with someone.

[b]"Crap, he probably already has a party,"[/b] she mumbled to herself. [b]"Well... I'll ask him anyway. If he does have one, I'll tag along, whether they like it or not."[/b] She giggled mischievously as she approached, her new mount in tow.

[b]"Nice horse."[/b] He turned around to face Izz as she walked up to him, raising an eyebrow at her. [b]"Why didn't you ride it here instead of the dragon?"[/b]

[b]"Can you imagine how long traveling all the way from the Necropolis on foot?"[/b] he replied calmly.

[b]"But... You wouldn't be on foot. You'd be on a horse."[/b]

[b]"..."[/b]

[b]"[i]Aaaanyway[/i], as you can tell by Panda standing here--"[/b]

[b]"Who's Panda?"[/b] he asked, noting that the two were the only players around.

[b]"He is,"[/b] she replied sincerely, pointing at her gryphon.

[b]"Y-You named it Panda?"[/b] he stuttered, baffled at the girl's naming of her mount. [b]"Why would you name a mount?"[/b]

[b]"Because he looks like a panda? Look, see? He's got black spots around his eyes and he's mostly white. Just like a panda."[/b] She paused, but he said nothing. Remembering what she had first been talking about, she continued. [b]"But as I was saying, I got the event message, just like you, and I want to get a coin. Fake or not, I want one so I can keep Panda. I'm positive I won't be able to find one on my own, either because of my lack of luck or just laziness, so I want to team up with you. If you're already part of a team, I'll join it, too."[/b]

[b]"You aren't interested in what else the coins can win you?"[/b] She shook her head and waited for his reply. [b]"Um... Sure, I guess. Oh, I don't think I told you my name. I'm Gabriel. What's your name?"[/b]

[b]"Izz!"[/b] she told him, making a proud pose for a moment before breaking into a series of giggles. It surprised Gabriel, as it did many players, that she could possibly be as experienced as she claimed to be.

[b]"Isadora?"[/b]

[b]"Nooo.. My username is just Izz. My real name is Isabella, though,"[/b] she added absent mindedly. She began rambling about how many people she had run into that had a similar screename, stroking Panda while he laid down next to her. Gabriel looked around, but no one else was in sight. She eventually quieted down, as she normally did whenever she got bored. [b]So who are you waiting for?"[/b]

[b]"A player named Isadora, but she goes by Izzy,"[/b] Gabriel explained, currently leaning against his demon horse.

[b]"That'd be confusing now that we're going to be in the same party... That's it! I'll call her "Rara"!"[/b]

[b]"Where did you get [i]that[/i] name?"[/b] he asked, raising a fairly curious eyebrow.

[b]"You know, Isado-[i]ra[/i]? One of my nicknames is "Lala", from Isabella, so I'll call her "Rara","[/b] she explained. Gabriel merely shook his head, wondering to himself whether or not the still-absent Izzy would appreciate or even acknowledge the new nickname.

---
OOC: Well, Boo, hope I didn't mess up with Gabriel. And Dare, feel free to accept or reject the nickname when you join the party.[/SIZE]

[size=1]The ever-recognisable ding of a new email echoed in Izzy's ears. She looked skyward, seeing a flashing envelope icon hovering above her head.

[I]I wonder who this could be,[/I] Izzy thought to herself as she logged out t check her email.

[color=Teal]? Canace! Your father is home!? Maria, Canace?s mother, called to her from another room of their home.

A long, curly brown-haired girl hastily took off her VR equipment and leapt from her computer chair. She ran towards the front door of her home to hear the soft squealing of brakes and crunching of gravel.

[b]? Papa!?[/b] the girl squealed happily.
[b]? Canace!?[/b]

Canace raced towards a dark-haired man as he stepped out from the driver?s seat of a black Mercedes, his arms outstretched and a wide smile on his lips. The young teenage girl threw herself into his arms, almost bowling the poor man over.

[b]? Oof! Canace, you?re a little too heavy to pick up my dear,?[/b] Hector said, regaining his balance and hugged her tightly.
[b]? That?s not a good to say to a girl my age Papa. We?re very sensitive about things like that! Now maybe I should think that I?m fat and go on a diet,?[/b] Canace replied, sarcasm thick in her voice.
Hector chuckled and released her from his embrace. [b]? All right. You got me there.?[/b]

Together, they walked up the few steps into the house to see a lusciously curved woman standing in the entrance hall, waiting to greet her husband upon his arrival. A somewhat relieved smile curved her lips as she watched them approach.
[b]? Welcome home,?[/b] Maria said softly, giving her husband a soft kiss on his cheek. The three of them proceeded into the kitchen where Hector flopped down into a comfy kitchen stool, letting his briefcase drop to the floor softly.

[b]? How was the trip dear??[/b] Maria asked, brewing a pot of fresh, strong coffee. Canace hopped up onto a stool next to her weary father.
[b]? Quite educational. They?re proposing a new gameplay system in future game development. A lot of work needs to be done to prepare a prototype of the system,?[/b] Hector sighed. He turned to Canace, his expression changing into a happier one. [b]? So, how?s that game I bought you last month??[/b]
Canace?s face lit up. [b]? I love it! It?s really fun! I?ve become really powerful since you left.?[/b]
[b]? Really??[/b]
[b]? I?ll show you!?[/b]
With that, Canace took her father by the arm and started to drag him towards her room.
[b]? Hector, don?t encourage her so much. She?s been on that thing day and night since you left. It?s not healthy for a girl her age??[/b] Maria warned Hector as he disappeared through the doorway.

Now sitting in his daughter?s computer chair, Canace brought up her character?s statistics, allowing her father to scan over them.
[b]? Impressive. You?re catching up to me quickly,?[/b] Hector said, grinning at her before noticing her inbox heading glowing. [b]? You have new mail Canace.?[/b]
[b]? Huh??[/b] Canace looked at the computer screen. [b]? Oh yeah? I forgot about that.?[/b]
She clicked on the heading and read the new email. A joyous smile curved her lips.
[b]? All right! Gabriel said he?d make a party with me for the new event!?[/b]
Hector smiled and stood, looking at her happily. [b]? It?s the one about the copper coins, is it not??[/b]
Canace nodded.
[b]? Well, I won?t let anything slip then. Tagg would kill me if she found out I let out her secrets. Have fun,?[/b] Hector said as he left the room.[/color]

Izzy appeared at her last save point at her faction?s home base ? the Sky Dome. [I]Aduin? that?s where Gabriel said he would meet me. But I have to sign-up first. Please God, let the lines be short.[/I] The sorceress made her way towards the place where players could sign-up for this new event. Her long soft pink hair swished side to side softly as she strode up to the stall.

After a few minutes, Izzy left the stall with her scroll of acceptance to the event held lightly in her right hand, her rare sorcery staff in her left. This scroll held the spell to summon her new mount, a Gryphon. The sorceress smiled to herself. She had always considered Gryphons as beautiful creatures ? strong yet elegant. Yes, Izzy wanted to strive to be like that.

[u]Location: Aduin ? West Quarter ? Market District[/u]

Izzy pushed through the large crowd with her Gryphon mount in tow. He was a handsome creature ? tall and strong with his feathers glistening a dark stormy shade of grey, his eyes a clear vibrant green. Having never been a local at Aduin, it was hard for Izzy to find the place Gabriel was talking about, especially with the large crowd making seeing the stalls and shops difficult.

Finally, Izzy saw a familiar figure in the near distance, talking to another figure ? each with their own mount, one a Demon Horse and the other a Gryphon. She approached them, sighing in relief to have finally found him. Gabriel?s signature red appearance was striking, and it was hard to miss him against the dull surroundings of the market district.

[b]? Sorry for being late,?[/b] Izzy sighed as Gabriel and his companion turned around to greet her.
He smiled at her. [b]? Nice to see that you came. I was about to message you.?[/b]
[b]? Yeah? well? walking around with this huge lump of feathers is mighty difficult when everyone else has a huge mount running around,?[/b] Izzy replied. Her Gryphon mount snorted at her snide comment about him, giving his mistress a sharp nudge in the back with his beak. [b]? Ouch!?[/b]

Gabriel?s companion stepped forward and introduced herself. Izzy noticed that this female player was also a Wind Faction member, seen as though her mount was a predominantly white Gryphon ? a harsh contrast to Izzy?s.
[b]? Hi! I?m Izz. I just asked Gabriel if I could join his party for this event,?[/b] Izz said, her voice chirpy and energetic, complimenting her blue hair and red-pink eyes.
Izzy?s eyebrow arched. [b]? Izz is your username??[/b]
[b]? Don?t ask,?[/b] Gabriel interrupted, already hearing Izz?s explanation of her username.
[b]? Since our name?s are very similar, do you mind if we called you Rara??[/b] Izz asked.
[b]? Rara??[/b] Izzy questioned suspiciously, looking at Gabriel for an answer.
[b]? Izz made it up. Your proper username is Isado-[I]ra[/I]. Get it??[/b] Gabriel explained.
[b]? Uh?huh??[/b] Izzy thought over it for a second and sighed. [b]? For the sake of keeping things simple, I?ll accept being called Rara in your presence Izz.?[/b]
[b]? Good? otherwise things will get extremely confusing,?[/b] Izz said, glad that Izzy accepted her new nickname so things wouldn?t get confusing during battle.

Izzy?s Gryphon nudged the sorceress in the back again, eager to get going. She was starting to get a little irritated with the creature.
[b]? All right? all right? I get it??[/b] She turned to the others. [b]? Where to??[/b][/size]

OOC: Go for it Kitty.

[color=indigo]Kiva risked taking another look around the corner. She didn't like doing so because of the risk that Kalika would spot her, unfortunately, she needed to know where Kalika was. Her timing on this had to be perfect. [/color][color=#4b0082]Kalika was coming down a coridor that had no branching paths. Her only possible route was to continue through the corridor to where it turned. Kiva was waiting around the corner.[/color]
[color=#4b0082][/color]
[color=#4b0082]Kiva and Kalika were both in the underground portion of the Temple of Kaolos. The undergound area was large and quite the maze. The various corridors all looked the same. There were few indicators of exactly where one was, making it very easy to get lost. It was very possible to keep track of one's location, but it wasn't easy. Kiva was planning to take advantage of this.[/color]
[color=#4b0082][/color]
[color=#4b0082]Earlier, Kiva had chosen a specific tunnel that had no real identifying features. It looked just like any other tunnel. However, that was a bit of a problem, as Kiva was planning to teleport there, and do so so, she needed a specific enough mental image. And one drawback of Kiva's teleportation ability was that in order to go to locations other than cities, towns, etc., it needed a more detailed mental image that other teleportation skills did. A general image wasn't enough. It had to be a specific image, but the locagtion Kiva'd chosen was generic. So Kiva'd koncked a small chunck off of the wall. This provided her with an identifier for that location which she could use to teleport there. She'd done a similar thing at her current location so that she could teleport back.[/color]
[color=#4b0082][/color]
[color=#4b0082]As Kalika drew closer, Kiva began concentrating, focusing her energy for the teleportation ability. She'd needed to begin doing this at the right time, which she had. Just as Kalika came around the corner, Kiva teleported. An one advantage of Kiva's teleportation skill was that it could be used to teleport more people than just its user. More people made teleporting herder, especially over longer distances, but one extra person was easy. Besides, Kiva's destination was just a different spot within the Temple of Kaolos.[/color]
[color=#4b0082][/color]
[color=#4b0082]Kiva appeared at her destination, and as she'd planned, Kalika was there as well. Kiva immediately focused on a second teleportation. As the energy from the previous teleportation was stil around, it took Kiva much less time to teleport again. She reappeared at the spot where she'd been waiting for Kalika. This time, however, she'd left Kalika behind.[/color]
[color=#4b0082][/color]
[color=#4b0082]Kiva's teleportation maneuver had been intended to confuse and disorient Kalika. Kalika'd know that she'd been taken to another point within the temple, but she wouldn't know where in the temple she now was. It'd likely take her quite some time to get a sense of just where in the temple she was, which would keep her from efectively searching for the coin. Of course, there was a chance that Kiva'd placed Kalika closer to the coin's location, but it was just as likely that she was now farther away from it. Any specific location was just as likely as any other to be where the coin was. And even if Kalika was indeed closer to the coin than she had been, her disorientation from the sudden location shift would more than even things out. With her teleportation move, Kiva'd bought herself some more time.[/color]