OtakuBoards

The administrators revenge!

liveinmybubble

It's sheer horror the site administrators are out to attack! have you noticed them attack lately? here's the signs that you have been targeted:

1.) Everytime you post a site administrator edits your post and writes something in.
2.) You notice that out of the blue your threads seem to be closed.
3.) You received 2 out of 3 of the followin complaints: "You're reply does not add to the disscusion any more of replies like this and they will be deleted"
You cannot post twice no double posting!

Oh no the site administarotors might delete this thread cover your eyes :animedepr the horror!

Please tell me if you to have seen the have seen thisa horror and how has it effected you?

I've read you guys replies
OK EVERYONE! i'M A NEWBIE GIVE ME A BREAK YOU GUY'S ARE SOO MEAN PROMISE THAT YOU'LL NEVER CHANGE :catgirl:

[quote name='liveinmybubble']It's sheer horror the site administrators are out to attack![/quote]

[color=crimson]Dun dun dun.[/color]

[quote=liveinmybubble]1.) Everytime you post a site administrator edits your post and writes something in.
3.) You received 2 out of 3 of the followin complaints: "You're reply does not add to the disscusion any more of replies like this and they will be deleted"
You cannot post twice no double posting![/quote]

[color=crimson]1.) Then they're probably breaking the rules they agreed to follow when they registered.
2.) Did the threads A.) Suck, B.) Suck badly, or C.) Suck horrendously? If so then that's.. not why they were closed but it is something you might want to work on.
3.) Goes back to number one. I mean, that's just.. rule enforcement right there.[/color]

[quote name='liveinmybubble']Please tell me if you to have seen the have seen thisa horror and how has it effected you?[/quote]

[color=crimson]I can't really sleep well at night anymore. The haunting images, the sounds of mouse clicks. I can hear the moderators typing- tappitatappitytaptaptappitytaptaptap. What are they closing now?! What edits are they making?! Ahhhh?!?!

I'm just.. really a nervous wreck these days.[/color]

[QUOTE=liveinmybubble]
Please tell me if you to have seen the have seen thisa horror and how has it effected you?[/QUOTE]

[size=1]What has this done to me? Well...I can't tell you how many hours of sleep I've lost. It's just so awful. I seriously hope you were trying to be funny. But you weren't..so..

Anyway, DeathKnight pretty much summed it up. Follow the rules you agreed to, and you'll do just fine. Threads getting closed right then and there? That can be many things; 1) it's spam, 2) has nothing to do with a subject (spam), or 3) has no rating (in the respected areas). Again, there are rules/stickies that explain their importance..read them and follow them, and I'm sure an admin/mod won't "attack" you.[/size]

You see, my problem is that OB is the only forum on the internet. I mean, there [i]is[/i] no message board community outside OB, and if you don't like it here, you can't simply go to some hypothetical "other forum", because there are none. Everyone's stuck here at these boards with their horribly cruel set of rules and cackling moderation team.

*reads the bulletin handed to him* What?! Since when??

Well, disregard [i]my[/i] theory then.

[QUOTE=liveinmybubble]It's sheer horror the site administrators are out to attack! have you noticed them attack lately? here's the signs that you have been targeted:

1.) Everytime you post a site administrator edits your post and writes something in.
You cannot post twice no double posting!

Oh no the site administarotors might delete this thread cover your eyes :animedepr the horror!

Please tell me if you to have seen the have seen thisa horror and how has it effected you?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Trebuchet MS]they wouldn't delete it, but I wouldn't blame them for locking it for having about 0% chance of a quality discussion. Let's face it. They have rules, and you agree to them when you sign up. Why shouldn't they lock your threads or let you know if you're not following the rules? That's the point of having them. They keep this place from becoming a terrible forum full of thoughtless one word posts and over wraught(sp?) with n00bs. DeathKnight basically explained the entire "situation."[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=purple]I'm sorry that you feel that way but its what the other have said. If we didn't have rules then this forum would have been like many others. You see the rules is one of the thing that make OB the way it is, the best. The mods are not out to get you, its just you are not use to the way things are here. Sit back and see how its done and then make a thread or post that follow the rules.[/color][color=#dc143c] [/color]

[size=1][color=slategray]I'm confused. Have you read the rules? I know it's a pain in the *** to do, but even Hot Pockets have a set of directions or "rules." Take the time to study your local forum expectations and maybe those ruler-smacking moderators won't be lurking around every corner to slap a "thread closed" on you.

Happy hunting. :)[/color][/size]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Everything you?ve listed is due to a member failing to follow the rules that you agreed to when you joined. Instead of outright banning a member for not following the rules we like to explain to the member that what they are doing whether it be double posting or getting off topic, is not how the forum works.

A lot of members come here to interact and enjoy the discussions with other members, and spammy posts, threads and off topic posts distract from that purpose by needlessly cluttering up the forum with unnecessary/distracting posts. Which is why there are rules that members are expected to follow.

Reading the rules and doing your best to follow them is the best way to avoid the things you?ve mentioned. If anything you?ve read in the rules is unclear you can always pm one of us for clarification. ^_^ [/COLOR]

[color=#007520][quote name='CoLoR_Me_EviL][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Trebuchet MS]they wouldn't delete it, but I wouldn't blame them for locking it for having about 0% chance of a quality discussion.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Actually, I can't speak for any of the forums I don't moderate, but there are quite a few deleted posts in the Anime Lounge. When a post is an advertisement or offensive we'll delete the post right when we see it. If the poster, though, is new to the forums or haven't been an obvious rule breaker, we try to warn them by editing their post and leaving a little love note.
Also, it's not often, but some threads can be deleted from the forum, usually for the advertisement/offensive material reason.

[quote=liveinmybubble]3.) You received 2 out of 3 of the followin complaints: "You're reply does not add to the disscusion any more of replies like this and they will be deleted"
You cannot post twice no double posting![/quote]What's the third complaint you wanted to include? 8)

Speaking as a moderator, I don't edit/delete posts for personal reasons, so I hope you're not taking any of the efforts for moderation personally. We don't try to abuse members, but as SunfallE said, we want to give you a chance to learn the rules. If you don't like the forums or the rules, that's alright, but you have to follow them if you want to stay.

...or are you being sarcastic? 8)

-r2[/color]

Believe it or not, yours is not the first reported case of this kind, liveinmybubble. Other brave souls too, in a plethora of smilies and broken English, have stepped forward about this mysterious brand of harassment. There are several solutions for your problem, but rather than go through them all I'll just save time and give you the most helpful one:

[CENTER][IMG]http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/1238/crappyposts9fu.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=Charles]Believe it or not, yours is not the first reported case of this kind, liveinmybubble. Other brave souls too, with a plethora of smilies and broken English, have stepped forward about this mysterious brand of harassment. There are several solutions for your problem, but rather than go through them all I'll just save time and give you the most helpful one:

[CENTER][IMG]http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/1238/crappyposts9fu.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Thank you, Charles. 'nuff said.[/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Kenshin DX][COLOR=DarkGreen']I dont get your thread. What are the mods getting revenge for? I seriously doubt any of the mods have grudges aganist anyone.[/COLOR][/quote]

They're getting revenge for... :animestun
for us taking their jobs by being great posters!
if everyone posted great who would need site administartors! :animestun
I've just fainted out of confusion... Smelling salt anyone? :animestun

[size=1]Interesting, most interesting.[/size]

[QUOTE=liveinmybubble]They're getting revenge for... :animestun
I've just fainted out of confusion... Smelling salt anyone? :animestun[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Let me get this straight in my head, you're saying that moderators and administrators edit and/or delete posts and/or threads which break OB's rules and then warn the member in question simply because your "great" posts would mean that they'd be out of a job otherwise ? Is that what you're saying ? Because if it is, this image sums things up fairly well.

[CENTER][IMG]http://zeitgeistglee.250free.com/Uhuh.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/SIZE]

I've just fainted out of confusion... Smelling salt anyone? :animestun[/QUOTE]
[size=1]Just stop.
You're embarrassing yourself.[/size]

I've just fainted out of confusion... Smelling salt anyone? :animestun[/QUOTE] Yes yes, you've figured out the conspiracy and how far the mods and admins will go to protect their positions on internet message boards. Thanks. Now go find some other forum to defend, please.

[QUOTE=Bláse][size=1][color=slategray]I'm confused. Have you read the rules? I know it's a pain in the *** to do, but even Hot Pockets have a set of directions or "rules." Take the time to study your local forum expectations and maybe those ruler-smacking moderators won't be lurking around every corner to slap a "thread closed" on you.

Happy hunting. :)[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Damn those Hot Pockets and their need for rules! Seriously though, when a thread consists of:

"I liek cats do u??????????"

Let's just say it makes me want to eat my left hand. I think the mods are just out to save the left hands of older members everywhere. I mean, after I eat my left, my typing ability is cut in half. What will I have to eat next? What?![/COLOR][/FONT]

I can't believe this thread is still open. The fact that it's still around and taking up space is clearly the staff's revenge. I know that it's the "politically correct" thing to do by leaving this open and allowing criticism, but at least leave that for coherent members and get rid of this piece of crap because I think I'm going to run out of pictures here otherwise. Jesus Christ.

Edit: But, then again, I guess it sort of is a guilty pleasure to read the original poster's complaint again. And the conspiracy theory about holding down quality posters who may replace the staff. I guess in that light it isn't SO painful to read. But if it is kept around, hopefully someone with some imagination comes in here and complains. lol

[quote name='Charles']I can't believe this thread is still open.[/quote][font=trebuchet ms]Lock the thread and we confirm the conspiracy!

Having said that, I was hoping this thread would just drop off the bottom of the page. I honestly think any discussion it could have afforded has run its course.

[b][strike]Conspiracy confirmed[/strike] Thread locked.[/b][/font]