Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[CENTER][IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4713/briefcasekz5.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[color=#4B0082]Welcome to the most awesome game thread on the boards. [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_%28game%29][u]The Game[/u][/url] is simple to play, so I'll get right into what few rules there are:

1. Knowledge of the Game is all you need in order to play.
2. You lose if you think about the Game.
3. When you lose the Game you must announce it.

That's it! Oh, and by the way, you just lost.

See, the great thing about this game is that, unlike other games on OB here that tend to foster short, spammy posts, this one encourages you [i]not[/i] to post. Because, if you view this thread and post, you lose. And you don't want to lose, now do you?[/color]
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Ok, I lose. Now, I have a question. If this thread doesn't encourage posting, what's the point? :confuse2: Also, the lot of you who viewed this thread before me, you forgot to post. ^_^
Posted
[quote name='Sojiro47']If this thread doesn't encourage posting, what's the point?[/quote]
Because Desbreko is a Site Admin, obviously. Wine and logic ftw!

And thinking about the game ftl!
Posted
[QUOTE=Papa Smurf]Because Desbreko is a Site Admin, obviously. Wine and logic ftw!

And thinking about the game ftl![/QUOTE]
I lose. Ummm, yeah, we know that Des is an Admin. What he meant is "Why start a thread where the idea is [B]not[/B] to post. By the way, are you following Sojiro and trying to discredit him 'cuz he thinks Ninja over Pirate? Because if you are, that's not cool :animesmil . If not, forget I said anything. I'm kidding anyway.
Posted
[color=#b0000b][size=1][quote name='Sojiro']If this thread doesn't encourage posting, what's the point?[/quote]Don't get smart.

[quote name='Aceburner']By the way, are you following Sojiro and trying to discredit him 'cuz he thinks Ninja over Pirate? Because if you are, that's not cool :animesmil . [/quote]I very much doubt that. However, the ninja/pirate dichotomy is indicative of a much larger difference in worldviews. That is to say, one who favors pirates will tend to disagree with a ninja-supporter on many things, regardless of whether the two are aware of the other's ninja/pirate choice.[/size][/color]
Posted
[COLOR=Sienna]I... will not... be.... DEFEATED!

*Roars and pounds chest*

Austin Powers... Pamela... Anderson... A peanute butter sandwhich being put through an... ocelating fan... Pamela Anderson... Ben Affleck... The Game

AW DAMMIT! I LOOOOOOOOSTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! *No's!!!!!!*[/COLOR]
Posted
AHA! I can put myself BACK in the game by distracting myself with Red 6's mispelling of "oscillating"! WOO! I'm back in as of... now.

and now I'm gonna hit the submit button to this random thread that I forgot the topic to... it's just some random OtakuBoards thread without a title... it might be the picture capture game or something... AH! GAME! I lose again.
Posted
[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4b0082]See, the great thing about this game is that, unlike other games on OB here that tend to foster short, spammy posts, this one encourages you [i]not[/i'] to post.[/color][/quote] And we can all see how marvellously [i]that[/i] worked out. :-D
Posted
When The Game destroys the world (starting with OB), and Desbreko is among the few who still possesses a working mind, I've got dibs on being his annoying lackey.

(I totally lost, btw.)
Posted
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I've decided to not take part in The Game. This means that I can safely think about the game without having to worry about losing or spammy posts. This ultimately makes me a winner in anyone's eyes.

I'd also like to mention that once my friend and I started a round of The Game and we both completely forgot about it so it kind of.. died. I hope the same thing, for OB's sake, happens to this thread.

There is no Game.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1]Won't we lose as soon as someone posts in here, thus bumping the thread back into plain sight?

That's totally cheating. Maybe I should just stop coming to the Lounge so I can win.[/size]
Posted
[size=1]Not thinking about The Game should be easy. Not thinking about Desbreko, mmm... that's a whole different story.

-Shy

[color=white]See what I did? I basically spammed, but I complimented Des in the proccess, so it's okay![/color]

[b]Edit 1:[/b] I lose!

[b]Edit 2:[/b]

[quote=Retribution]
That's totally cheating. Maybe I should just stop coming to the Lounge so I can win.[/quote]
Five OtakuDollars to the person who can come up with the snarkiest response to this. Go![/size]
Posted
[color=darkred][size=1]

I guess I lost aswell. I was probably the first person to see this thing. Hah. Oh well. Will stab self in the eye everytime I see the words.

[center]--------------------------------[/center]

[b]In response to Shy:[/b]

Okay.

[QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]
That's totally cheating. Maybe I should just stop coming to the Lounge so I can win.[/size][/QUOTE]

Quit being a little bee-atch, Alex. *raises Boss hand* Don't make me lay one on you...

Now, let me listen to my favorite rapper so I can get my mind off this silly thing... hm. [b]The Game[/b] [i]"The Documentary"[/i].... DAMN![/color][/size]
Posted
[quote name='Retribution][size=1']That's totally cheating. Maybe I should just stop coming to the Lounge so I can win.[/size][/quote]

Awesome, now [b]everyone[/b] wins!! :bdance:

([spoiler]Yeah, I went the easy route. Sue me. If it gets me five OtakuDollars, then I don't care.[/spoiler])
Posted
[QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]Won't we lose as soon as someone posts in here, thus bumping the thread back into plain sight?

That's totally cheating. Maybe I should just stop coming to the Lounge so I can win.[/size][/QUOTE]

[quote=shy][size=1]
Five OtakuDollars to the person who can come up with the snarkiest response to this. Go![/size][/quote]

[color=dimgray] I wish I were House. :/ [/color]

[color=silver]SEASON3INAMONTH[/color]
Posted
huh what are you guys talking about?
there's a game with no clear incentive or objective?
what?
wait a second....does theroizing about how it works count as a loss?

Now: Compliments [Shibuyaka Remix By Nick Zinner]
Artist: Bloc Party
Album: Silent Alarm Remixed
Posted
[quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I've decided to not take part in The Game. [/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote][color=#b0000b][size=1]Impossible. To know [i]of[/i] the Game is to [i]play[/i] the Game. Denial will get you nowhere.

[quote name='Retribution][size=1']Won't we lose as soon as someone posts in here, thus bumping the thread back into plain sight?[/size][/quote][b]Details:[/b] There is a twenty minute (in my part of town) "grace period" after the last mention of the game. During this time, you may think of the Game without losing.

But basically, yeah. You can lose the games dozens of times a day, and the only way to win [i]is not to realise that you are winning[/i].

Basically, everyone loses. In bitterness, they announce their loss: this is a sneaky tactic used in order to get [i]more people losing[/i] than you.[/size][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE=White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I've decided to not take part in The Game. This means that I can safely think about the game without having to worry about losing or spammy posts. This ultimately makes me a winner in anyone's eyes.

I'd also like to mention that once my friend and I started a round of The Game and we both completely forgot about it so it kind of.. died. I hope the same thing, for OB's sake, happens to this thread.

There is no Game.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Yes!! White, you're a genius! If we forget about the game, it goes away, right? Maybe not, but it's worth a shot.......CRAP!!! I lost again. I.... wasn't..... supposed to...go....down....like this. GAAAAA!!!!
Posted
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana][QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]Impossible. To know [i]of[/i] the Game is to [i]play[/i] the Game. Denial will get you nowhere.

[b]Details:[/b] There is a twenty minute (in my part of town) "grace period" after the last mention of the game. During this time, you may think of the Game without losing.

But basically, yeah. You can lose the games dozens of times a day, and the only way to win [i]is not to realise that you are winning[/i].

Basically, everyone loses. In bitterness, they announce their loss: this is a sneaky tactic used in order to get [i]more people losing[/i] than you.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

So what you are saying is ignorance is bliss?
Ignoring the fact that you are winning The Game (and The Game itself) is how to win.

Like the question of whether you want to know something and have it hurt you, or never know and never have to worry.

And since I am normally sort of bitter, I say now that "I lose."

No matter if you win or lose, its how you play [B]The Game[/B] .[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[font=Verdana][color=blue]Well, I guess I have no choice but to join the 215 other people who have lost (regardless of whether they said so or not) - "I lose."[/color][/font]
Posted
Maybe it's my bleached hair, but I just don't [I]get[/I] this Game. X(

This is like one of those philosophical paradoxes, and I'm not that big into philosophy. It's too elitist to my taste. :P

And so is The Game. I can envision it before my eyes: a hundred years from now, a bunch of stuck-up snobs sit in a smoky gentlemen's club repeating: "I lost".
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...