OtakuBoards

How did you come up with your internet/screen name ?

corpseman

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I have a different screen name for each of my communities. All my screen names are my nicknames my friends gave me. I have over 10 nicknames. As you can see, my screen name for otakuboards is Alannie. My best friend gave me that nickname in second grade cuz she couldn't pronouce my name. So, yeh.[/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=#99121c][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]As I am sure that I have answered this question before, here be a refresher

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hmm, The only reason that I think I was ever [B]sand dragon 19[/B] was probaly because for the most part of my online life if I have used that name to sign up for things that I needed to sign up for to get things that I have wanted. I though this would be more of the same, seeing as this was the first forum that I have ever signed up for, I though it would be more of the same. I know I was some kind of a newbie, (Didn't read the rules, probaly had horrible post quality that kind of stuff.)

To be truthful, I really don't remember when I finally decided. "Alright, my noob days are over I must now do a switch!" So it was then when I decided to become [B]Ikillion[/B]. I think he was a name of one of my Role playing characters that I write with a friend of mine before it was trashed, I really liked the name though and decided to use it as my user name. The only reason that I think I did it was to try and wipe what was left of my last username off the face of OB and start anew.

The only thing that I find pretty pathetic though, is that I have no idea how to say it properly.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I think thats close enough for my reason of changing, VIVA![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Anyone who wants an explanation of my previous usernames is welcome to click [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=736744#post736744][b]this link[/b][/url] and be enlightened as I have absolutely no desire to waffle my way through six previous usernames again, just for the sake of a larger looking post.

Currently I sport the username [B]Gavin[/B] on OB, and in reality the very simple answer for why I use Gavin is because it's my Christian name and as I've spent so long here on OB, no other name taken from any quadrant of reality makes as much sense to describe me. As I recall someone, whom I cannot remember at this point, took issue with me taking the name Gavin because Dragon Warrior, who is also Gavin may have wanted it for a future username. My response was pretty direct, I'm older than DW, therefore I was Gavin first, even if he's been on OB longer.

Outside of OB, my MyO username is [B]Outcast[/B], taken from my OB username at the time when MyO was released. Elsewhere my username is either [B]Zeitgeist[/B] or [B]ZeitgeistGlee[/B] because it's my AIM handle and I prefer not to use my first name. On the few sites that I RP on outside of OB, my username is my character name, which I won't go into at this point, as they're just character names.

Feel enlightened people, or confused, I really don't mind which.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][quote name='Aaryanna_Mom]Seeing that this is the first and only online place I?ve ever joined (besides e-mail) I was clueless as to how one goes about choosing a name. So since my daughter is a member I finally settled on her user name followed up with the _Mom part as I?m her mother. I?ve been called mom for so long that the idea of having a different name just seems strange. And even if I did try to change it, I wouldn?t even know what to change it too. :animesigh[/QUOTE][QUOTE=White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]In all honesty, I think that almost all the teenagers (and some others) on OtakuBoards think of you as [i]the[/i] OB Mom. I know that whenever I see you've posted in a thread I'll be posting in, I clean up my post a little bit just because it feels right. You should definitely just change your name to [b]Mom[/b].[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Hehe, I?m not a teenager anymore and I think of you as Mom, but then you?ve known me since I was a baby, you probably even remember the day I was born. So if you change it, Mom is definitely the way to go. ^_~

Now since I have answered this before here is how I came up with my Internet/User name. [quote=SunfallE][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]My user name is based off of a Star Trek book I read a long time ago. The character is someone whose songs later save an entire race from dying. I loved the name so I made it my e-mail address a while back. Then when I started doing more stuff online I started using the name when I signed up for various things.

I prefer to use just Sunfall but if it?s taken then I use other combinations of the character?s name, like the SunfallE as the E is the first letter of the character?s last name. So far I?ve always been able to get some form of the character's name as my user name.

I?d use my nickname Beth or Bethany, but usually it?s already taken.[/COLOR][/quote]I just realized that next year I?ll have had my e-mail with that name [I]sunfallennien[/I] for ten years. o_O I guess I really am attached to the name Sunfall. :p[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana][list]
[*][b][COLOR=#996633]Pumpkin[/b][/COLOR]: It's hard to say how I came up with Pumpkin. Like many others, I just thought up something to get onto the boards. I was mostly known on many other forums as the infamous [b][COLOR=#996633]purplefire[/COLOR][/b] and for some reason I didn't sign up at first with that name here. Maybe I just wanted a change, oh well for some reason it suits me now.

[*][b][COLOR=#996633]Dee[/COLOR][/b]: I felt like I wanted to change my username but I couldn't think of one. It was then that I noticed people here use real names too (or fake ones). Ex: Gavin, James, Amelia, Annie etc. My real name is Katie, but one of the ways I spell it is "Kadee", not only is that a nickname but many people began to shorten it to "Dee" and that just sort of stuck. The people on here that I've got to know quite a bit, call me "Dee" as well. I thought why not use a nickname? Therefore, Dee was born. I've even thought about changing it back.

[*][b][COLOR=#996633]Mameha[/COLOR][/b]: If you've read or watched Memoirs of a Geisha before, then you know that this name is based on one of my favorite characters. At the time, I was really obsessed with the book and thought it was the prettiest name.
[/list]

And then I changed back to Pumpkin. I think if I ever change my name again, I'll always end up going back to Pumpkin for some reason it just seems to stick. It's taken over purplefire and I use pumpkin more often now when I'm venturing online. OB however is the only forums that I visit now.

[b][COLOR=#996633]EDIT[/COLOR][/b]:
[quote name='BKstyles][font=tahoma']Bklyn or BK is the shortened version of Brooklyn, which is where in New York i am from. [/font][/quote]Ooooh, I always wanted to know what BK stood for ;_; am I the only one who didn't get it?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Hi. my name is Chibi Horsewoman and this is how I came up with my name (I feel like I'm in one of those AA meetings)

Well the word Chibi is the Japanese word for small. I am not small in any real sense of the word, but I am shorter than my ex husband and he used to call me Chibi. That was before he thought up Cheebs which he has thankfully dropped as I have ordered him to either call me Megan or Ms. Donnelly.

Horsewoman is self explanitory right? Well maybe not since I think some people may think it's some fanfic character which is a horse woman. I used to ride a lot. Right now I can't afford it, but I hope to start up again real soon.

As you can see my screen name is rather boring. But I have no idea what I'd change it to.[/color][/font]

[size=1]My OB name is actually an original name that I just came up with one day for an RPG character. I use it here because I wanted something different here than my other boards, because OB is nothing like other boards I'm on.

My usual name is MaverickWolf, or some variation thereof. The wolf part is fairly self-explanatory. Wolves are some of the single most gorgeous creatures on the face of the planet, and I want one. Maverick has two separate meanings: One, I'm a HUGE fan of the movie Top Gun. If you've been living under a rock for your entire life and haven't seen it yet, do so. I love how Maverick flies, just flat-out crazy, whatever's got to be done, so I think he's awesome. And by technical definition, maverick means someone who doesn't do things the way people expect them to. You know, someone who does things different. I'm...unorthodox, to say the least, in many things I do, so it's appropriate. When I first started on the 'net, I was LonewolfMaverick, but I've since ditched the Lone part, as it felt cliche and boring (and I've learned to interact with people a bit more).
[/size]

Well, I didn't raelly come up with mine, honestly. It's alwayse been a borrowed gift. The "Sojiro" part was my best friend's idea. And the "47" Was a gift from my predicesor. So...I inherited part of it, and the other was given to me by a dear friend. There it is.

[SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Black] well, I only have like three scree names:

[list]
[*]martyrsdontxsist - that's my aim name, dont ask where it came from, I was stupid, young, naive and [I] into religion. [/I] *shudders* I [B] will [/B] get it changed though.
[*]whitey - It was just a random one, I was staring at the wall and said, "eh", and what do you get? whitey.
[*]Leon Fury - it's basically my first name thrown in with a random word that popped into my head.
[/list]

kthxbai.

Now: Destroy Everything You Touch [Brian Walker's Deathdealer Mix]
Artist: Ladytron
Album: Emergence Day[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]As far as usernames go, I?ve had my fair share of them both here at the OB and at other forums? sadly enough. However, why go into detail about the ones that don?t seem as important or whatever?

I was [B]Arika[/B] and like many members here, it was a play on my real name, kind of. Just replace the ?A? and the ?K? to get ?Erica.? I honestly have no idea who this name came to be. I had that one for a while, like I did my other ones, but changed it just because it was time for a change.

[B]Neuvoxetere[/B] was a name that [B]Neuvoxraiha[/B] helped pick out. It?s part of two languages: French and Italian; Neuvox means new in French and etere means Ethereal in Italian. It?s an extremely unique name and this was when I enjoyed the finer things of strange qualities. I mean, don?t get me wrong, I still do.

Now, I?m known as [B]Revelation[/B], a name derived from the last book of the Bible. I was thinking of either Genesis or Revelation and in the end, Annie helped me choose the latter. At that time, my youth group was discussing the book of Revelation and I found it intriguing- what with all of the disasters, nine-headed dragon, and all of that- and the name had a nice ring to it. It was considered the end of all ends and I think there was another reason behind choosing this name but since my memory is as good as mashed potatoes, I couldn?t tell you. As far as I?m concerned, this is the username I?ll be sticking with until the time comes to change it.

On other sites and whatnot, I?ve never really had a chosen username to stick with. I rarely sign up with the same one and perhaps it says something about me, who knows? But either way, I don?t use the same username twice. Although, I have used the name [B]Misz Supergerl[/B] as one of my AIM screen names- which didn?t stick long- and several others things. Can?t remember why I like it so much though; like I said, my memory is as good as mashed potatoes.

[QUOTE=Pumpkin][b][size=1][font=verdana][COLOR=#996633]EDIT[/COLOR][/b]:
Ooooh, I always wanted to know what BK stood for ;_; am I the only one who didn't get it?[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

You and I are in the same boat, Pumpkin.[/size][/color]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Heh I almost forgot about my AIM screen name, CrazyKaliGirl81 is a bit hard to understand unless you know me so let me break it down:

[b]Crazy[/b]: Well in some ways I am I guess. Well not certifiable mind you, but sometimes I think I'm perceived as crazy.

[b]Kali[/b]: The Hindu Goddess of Life, Death Destruction and Rebirth. Sometimes I think of her as my patron saint. She's a multi-faceted individual just like me. Please don't assume that the Kali is a mispelling of Cali which would mean I'm from California. Because I'm from New York and proud of it.

[b]Girl[/b]- Self explanitory. Woman wouldn't sound correct. At least I don't think so.

[b]81[/b]: I'm twenty-five years old, I was born on July 24th, it's 2006. Do the math.

I hope that helped anyone who has ever seen my AIM screen name and thought something seemed odd.[/color][/font]

I'll keep this answer short and sweet...just like me! :rolleyes:

[b]Panda[/b] is the nickname my hubby gave to me many, many years ago. It's my nickname so I try to use it or a form or panda everywhere online. It's really tough to get "Panda" unless I'm one of the first people to sign up for an account so I usually end up with something like Panda-chan.

Guest LilyBebeboo
mine is derived from something I say all the time: "lil bebe boo". I say it to my friends when i feel bad for them, or when i see a baby, or a cute animal. it sounds annoying, i know. but i call things "boo", so there ya go. The Lily just came cause thats my name! hehe. so i changed it up a bit.

Psh...oh man....It's been so long. I signed up here ages and ages and ages ago. It seems so long ago. And I managed to totally dissapear from here for like, four years. But anyways....

At the time, I was very much into Gundam Wing, and even more so into Duo Maxwell. I found my first choice taken, so I went for DuoMax because I wasn't a very creative child. Now, five years later, i'm bloody 18 and I want to change me name and have no idea how to do so. =p

*dusts off username*

Well, I pulled the name out of my butt when I first joined OB a long *** time ago. It as original and I rather liked it. Since then I've moved on and lately I go by Dragoon. It's a historical name for a historical type of soldier and I like it. That's about it.

[quote name='DuoMax']I want to change me name and have no idea how to do so. =p[/quote][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Send a private message to either [b]Dagger[/b] or [b]Desbreko[/b] (whichever you think is the prettiest) telling them the new name you'd like to change to.

[b]Raiyuu[/b] is my name everywhere, and comes from mispronouncing Ryu from Street Fighter. I was naming a character in one of my comics, thought Ryu was a cool name, and decided hey, I'll spell it a weird way, and the result is it's stuck being pronounced the "wrong" way ("Rai" to rhyme with "eye"). But that just means it's [b]my[/b] name and no one else's![/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Whilst attending a drivers education class this afternoon, it was brought to my attention that road signs come in two different kinds of yellow. There's the orange-looking ones, which are apparently actually yellow, and then there's Flourescent Optic Yellow.

Where I live, 'yellow' signs are a symbol of warning that the road will change in some way ahead. Flourescent Optic Yellow is used for pedestrian crossings and school zones.

The signs which adorn my avatar and signature come from Sweden, I believe.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Sojiro47']Well, I didn't raelly come up with mine, honestly. It's alwayse been a borrowed gift. The "Sojiro" part was my best friend's idea. And the "47" Was a gift from my predicesor. So...I inherited part of it, and the other was given to me by a dear friend. There it is.[/quote]
I guess I can wrap this story up for you, since it also has to do with my username. Where Sojiro and I go to church, our little circle of friends have a little "tradition" of giving each other anime-related nicknames. You may be able to recognise Sojiro's name as Seta Sojiro from Rurouni Kenshin, whereas I go by Battosai when referring to Kenshin characters. My username comes from this, except with my favorite anime, One Piece. My character nickname for One Piece is Ace, Luffy's older brother and master of fire (Hence the "burner.") Sojiro goes by Sanji when referring to this. Just a bit of trivia for y'all!

[COLOR=Red]Well It's a long story. You don't want to hear it... Okay your going to anyway.

My past goes as follows.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]GUNmanZERO7 - [/COLOR] [COLOR=Red] At the time I played megaman zero 2+4 a lot. So since he used a gun it stuck with me. And seven is my lucky number. And I've forgotten about PMing Dagger. Time flied by and I was gone a while. I decided just like a sinner to go at a fresh start. So here I am, but first another explanation.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]Ålpha-Æpsilon - [/COLOR][COLOR=Red]well as a "freshman" so to say I decided to go a different way. I was thinking "what would give my new name oomf?" So that's how I came up with the name. Plus I was tinkering with the alt button so I tried that.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]Split Keyblader -[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]I signed ujp for an RPG one day and I met[/COLOR][COLOR=Green] Acheron[/COLOR] . [COLOR=Red]I'll always remember him. Plus I met Keyblade wielder too. So seeing at how my KH fandom was ranked like the two I decided to change my name to go with my fav. RPG.[/COLOR]

And for the future!

[COLOR=Blue]The-Forgotten-Hero - [/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]This is going to be my future name. Due to the lose of KH2 from my game shelf It died down in my heart. Still a fan though. So after a snappy poem I'll have that name. After it gets requested that is.[/COLOR]
[B]And Dagger if your reading this could you fuse those accounts. Sorry for waiting forgot.[/B]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Since the other names that I had for such short periods are irrelevant in the matter, I will only explain my current screen name as it is the one I had in the beginning of joining here, and I will continue to keep it. This is how I am known. No matter what, Japan_86 is burned into my skin, forever and ever.

Basically, back in 2001, unlike others whom had screen names such as Heero yuy lover or dbzfan, I wanted to rise above that. I wanted to have something other than just the generic screen name that others chose. Since I like all about Japan, and since I was born in 1986, I made the screen name here as Japan_86.

Actually, I had this screen name for me in a much longer time. Back in 1998 when I was creating my first email account, (my first one ever!) my sister was helping me at the time. I was 12 then and just getting into the computer/internet scene. Believe it or not I was really dumb with the computers at the time. When she asked me for a desired screen name, and since I was really into PokeMon, I decided on Japan_86. And I had it ever since.[/COLOR]

I usually use different usernames on each site, but two I've really stuck with are ScarecrowDolphin1311 and Lenore. ScarecrowDolphin1311 is a play on words which expresses my love for the pairing of Kakashi (which means scarecrow) and Iruka (which means dolphin) from Naruto. As for Lenore, well, I got that from Edgar Allen Poe's classic poem.

And my screenname now? It shouldn't be too hard for Gundam fans to figure out, but if you've never seen Gundam Wing, then.... well, Quatre's my fave character, and his last name is Winner, so there you go. :catgirl: