OtakuBoards

Gifts and Curses

Vicky

[center][IMG]http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/9452/giftsandcursestv5.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1]M-LVS[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][B]Contents[/B][/SIZE]
Chapter One - You're Not Alone
Chapter Two - Hide and Seek
Chapter Three - Memento Mori
Chapter Four - A Dark Christmas Story
Chapter Five - No Place Like Home
Chapter Six - Aequitas[/FONT]

[b][u][size=1]Cast
[/u][/b]
[b]ARIES - Fire[/b]
Dorian Mael [Vertias]
APRIL 01

[b]TAURUS - Earth[/b]
Victor Adams [Prince Van]
APRIL 26

[b]GEMINI - Air[/b]
Brian Gallows [Darren]
JUNE 20

[b]CANCER - Water[/b]
Moses Ole?me?hua [StarrStruck]
JULY 14

[b]LEO - Fire[/b]
Charles de Fontaine [Ozymandius Jones]
JULY 24 - AUG 23

[b]VIRGO ? Earth[/b]
Eden Bourne [Eclipse]
SEPT 10

[b]LIBRA ? Air[/b]
Elizabeth Connor [Ezekiel]
OCT 15

[b]SCORPIO ? Water[/b]
Eddie Galvez [Only1speciald]
NOV 4

[b]SAGITTARIUS - Fire[/b]
Cairo Wilson [M.Ali]
DEC 8

[b]CAPRICORN - Earth[/b]
Daniel Anderson [Vicky]
JAN 10

[b]AQUARIUS - Air[/b]
Zane Xinatiao [Ikillion]
JAN 22

[b]PISCES - Water[/b]
[STRIKE]Cathrine Kelly [Ginkaze][/STRIKE] [I]DECEASED[/I]
Isobel (Bella) Camden [Lady Asphyxia]

[b]OPHIUCHUS - Unknown[/b]
Juliet Han [Revelation]
NOV 30

[/CENTER][/SIZE]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1058/giftsandcurses1copygl3.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][I]This is a nightmare and you?re never going to wake up.[/I]

He opened his eyes like lightning, looking from side to side as if he were becoming paranoid before sighing.

[I]I am the harsh words stuck in your throat.[/I]

He turned over, dragging the covers up to his mouth and closing his eyes tightly.

[I]In memory of our freedom I shall gloat.[/I]

Dani shot up from his bed and put a hand to his forehead. He pressed down, hard, trying to push the headache out of his head. He breathed heavily until he calmed down a little. The panic and anxiety was going away, his head was blurry but it was clearing. Normally, he wouldn?t recover from being so panicky that easily? but nowadays? after that night? he was more in control.

He heard the faint repeat of the words that had made him so afraid in his sleep. A song. A bloody song was playing. He fumbled around in the dark for the torch, knocking over quite a lot of crap as he did so. When he found the torch he switched it on, pointing it around his room until he found the culprit of his disturbed sleep. The small stereo was still on, the ?4:00am? still flashing on it and the track number. Swearing under his breath, Dani lay the torch on his desk and open the stereo, taking the CD out.

[B]?Legion of Doom? What the fuck is this shit??[/B] he snarled at the CD in his hands in a stern, almost ?cliché? British accent.

Frustrated, he began to bend it with his hands until the CD cracked from the middle. Dani was only satisfied when it broke in two; he dropped on it on the floor and walked on it, the sharp edges cutting into his feet just a bit.

He took the torch with him as he wondered around his ?house?, or what was left of it. A torch was needed for light since he didn?t bother to pay his electric bills, he had next to nothing in his cupboards for food and didn?t have any water or heating, either. Dani really only used the place to store his crap and to sleep in. He would probably be kicked out of his home soon, by the neighbours complaining, his lack of effort to pay bills or some other reason. Any money Dani got he would spend on clothing, drumsticks to add to his unusual collection or any number of pointless things. They weren?t pointless to him, though.

His living room was full of boxes, most empty. He looked around using his torch for eyes and pinpointed a pile of clothing on the sofa? if a mangled piece of furniture could be a sofa, that is. Dani, quite honestly, didn?t care. He hardly ever sat on it anyway, it was like his second wardrobe.

He picked up a black pair of pants and pulled them on without any thought. He took up a black jacket, and pulled it on, not really caring much for a t-shirt. After ?getting dressed?, he sat there for a moment, the torch shining in his face, wondering what to do with himself. Rubbing his eyes, he decided a morning stroll was the thing for him. So that?s what he did.

It was wet outside from the rain just hours before. And dark, only lit up by the orange streetlights. It was terribly cold morning even for winter, the streets were, as to be expected, deserted and lonely. Only Dani was walking tonight and he was still annoyed that his sleep was interrupted. His awakening had caused his concentration to be put off, he was feeling very, very like his old self and he didn?t like it. He didn?t like it when his emotions rose to the surface.

There was a wall plastered with notices and posters beside him. Curiously, Dani began to read them. Concert advertisements, job applications, random pieces of paper?

[B]?Nobody wants to hear this.?[/B] He told the wall.

Slowly he clawed at the pieces of paper, ripping them off one by one and only glancing at them briefly. He started laughing to himself, walking along the wall and ripping the paper off as he did, only reading a few of them.

[B]?I don?t care about your stupid Thronopgrahy concert, nobody wants to work in a fuckin? café, I hope your lost dog gets run over, you can?t sing, nobody cares??[/B]

He trailed off and stopped in his tracks at what he was reading now. His ?nobody cares? comment was certainly a lie, because he did care now. He wasn?t sure if what he was reading was true or some kind of fictional advertisement? but it definitely stirred an interest in Dani.

[CENTER][I][B]Zodiac: The Gifts and the Curses![/B]

Come and see the wonder of the 21st century, a once in a life time chance to witness the power of the stars!

For centuries, mankind has fabricated legends around these birth signs and many people believed them. The stars were the key to our curiosity, they always have been. But many people believe the myths around birth signs and the zodiac to simply be fantasy, a lucky guess at our personalities. The stars had granted us scared nights in which we are at our best, qualities for our personalities beyond our imagination and now they offer us one more thing: power!

Many, of course, will not believe this. We invite you to witness evidence that the stars themselves have granted several chosen ones unlimited power! Come to the Harlem Academy to learn more about these secret, gifted humans! From burning objects to the touch, breathing deadly gases and enforces dark images into ones mind?[/I][/CENTER]

Dani stopped reading there. He felt his body tense up at the thought that other people were like him. Someone was [I]granted[/I] a gift just like him? He wasn?t granted a gift, Dani was cursed with it and he had to go through torture just to make his unique power work for him! Years of suffering, he knew that whoever these other people were, they obviously didn?t go through any of it. And it was probably a lie, too! Dani was officially jealous. People had been given, like Christmas cards, something he went through hell for and still pays the price?

[B]?Fuck ? You!?[/B]

He threw the paper on the floor in frustration and stomped on it with his foot several times. He really wasn?t happy. Leaving the paper to rot in the damp ground, he walked off, taking out his lighter.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine?

He kept counting until he calmed down, until enough was enough. He was calm but still pissed off, greatly pissed off. He would lay [I]waste[/i] to anyone who claimed to have the same gifts as him. He?d make them cut their own eyes out and eat them!

When he moved into the middle of the road it seemed the shadows followed him. Then it became unnatural. The wall with the posters on it and even the very ground he walked on became engulfed in black, creeping black, like living colour (or rather lack of colour). It wasn?t long until this dark blanket began to shift, more colours emerging. Mostly reds and pale oranges, all twisting around the make images on the black void. It was like the void became a blank wall so that images could be projected onto it, real images, like real life touching you, real death. They weren?t very nice images? but, then again, Dani?s thoughts weren?t normally very nice either.

He closed his eyes for a moment. No, he was too tired to do this right now. He didn?t want to make things worse for himself. He didn?t want to make things worse for himself?

Okay, now he really was getting tired. And he felt ill, very ill and weak. Groaning, he started to slow down, thinking about heading back ?home?. The rain began to fall again, dissolving the image behind him like it was acid taking apart fabric. Dani staggered a little like the rain was dissolving him, too, and felt a powerful urge to escape from it. He kept moving wearily until he came to a row of houses with large steps at the bottom and a large roof above the door, almost like a huge hole for the doors to sit in. Not really caring about who lived inside, Dani let himself collapse inside the opening, resting his head against the door and making sure every part of him was out of the rain.

He was never, ever going to do that again. Ever. Bringing up such mental images whilst he was still half a sleep? he pulled his jacket over him some more, mumbled something about not having a car and went to sleep on someone?s doorstep. As if he cared.

[CENTER]-------------------[/CENTER]

Oh God. The night was horrible. Dani must have gone through dreams that only demons would dare to imagine instead his head, just because he had used his powers on the brink of exhaustion. He felt strange when he was coming out of his sleep, very strange and tried. He groaned, moving his head side to side as if to shake something out of him. Obviously, it didn?t work. It never worked.

He drifted in and out of sleep, opening his eyes every now and then, concluding it was morning. Not four in the morning, either. He banged his head back against the door he was lay on, twice, a little loudly in fact. He knew he should get up before the house owner found him resting at their doorstep like a hobo, but really, he was far too tired and very, very hungry. Perhaps if he liked the person enough he?d play the ?recently abandoned, poor guy? act and get some free food. If not, he would trick them into it. He had to put his powers to good use? and really, he didn?t care if what he did was pathetic and against all good morals ?

The door suddenly opened and Dani fell backwards.

Wide-eyed and dazed, he starred up at the blurry image of a boy? or a girl? a person. They didn?t seem very nasty (not as nasty as Dani, anyway) from his blurry first impression. Letting an uncharacteristic grin spread across his face, Dani winked at them and gave a loud introduction.

[B]??Ello!?[/B]

-------------
[I]OOC: Which poor bastard is going to greet Dani? There?s an opening for anyone to meet my character, do as you please with him, haha. Also note you can have your character getting clues about other people like them, or not. First chapter is complete freedom, kids. Go wild.[/I][/SIZE]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Eddie goes to the school he volunteers for and some of the kids are getting rowdy. Eddie quickly rushes over to stop them and once the kids see him they run towards him with big smiles on their faces, forgetting what they were arguing about. They reach Eddie and welcome him back then one of the kids ask for a piggie back ride and jumps on his back. In that instant Eddie?s body goes cold and his icicles quickly stick and impale the child on his back. Blood shooting every where, everyone screaming and running away. Eddie could feel the blood oozing down his back.

[B]?NNNOOO!!?[/B]

Eddie woke up and where there would be sweat was just ice. Its been a long time since Eddie has gone to the school and its also been a long time since Eddie has had a good night sleep. He woke up on the couch where he normally sleeps. His arms stuck in the sofa from when he woke up.

[B]?Good thing I didn?t decided to sleep with a shirt tonight. Hehe[/B]? he thought to himself while he let out a small chuckle.

His girlfriend didn?t even notice he woke up, especially since she still sleeps on the water bed they bought. He look at the clock and it was 1:30 in the morning.

[B]?Pues me tengo que listar para mi trabajo.?([/B][I]guess its time to get ready for work)[/I]

Eddie got up and threw on some jeans that were lying around. He grab some socks and smelled them. ?[B]They seem ok? [/B] he thought as he was putting them on. Grab his shirt threw on his work shoes and was out the door in 20 min. stepping out of his apartment door, he looked around to see if anyone was around. The hallways were light with the cheap yellow light bulbs the manager buys which didn?t really help since the hallways still seemed dark.. He went to his car turned on the radio and drove off to work. Halfway to work his radio went silent and a strange broadcast came on.

[I][CENTER]Zodiac: The Gifts and the Curses!

Come and see the wonder of the 21st century, a once in a life time chance to witness the power of the stars!

For centuries, mankind has fabricated legends around these birth signs and many people believed them. The stars were the key to our curiosity, they always have been. But many people believe the myths around birth signs and the zodiac to simply be fantasy, a lucky guess at our personalities. The stars had granted us scared nights in which we are at our best, qualities for our personalities beyond our imagination and now they offer us one more thing: power!

Many, of course, will not believe this. We invite you to witness evidence that the stars themselves have granted several chosen ones unlimited power! Come to the Harlem Academy to learn more about these secret, gifted humans! From burning objects to the touch, breathing deadly gases and enforces dark images into ones mind?[/CENTER][/I]

[B]?De que esta hablando esta chingadera(what is this crap talking about). Gifts HA. I cant even hold my girlfriend or anyone else without having to worry about killing them. chinga tu madre cabron.?[/B] Eddie yelled at the radio in his native tongue for a little bit until he realized. [B]?Maybe these guys know how to cure me. Damn I should have paid attention to where this is taking place at.? [/B]

Sundenly someone just stepped out in front of Eddie. He quickly slammed on his brakes and put the car in first gear to slow the vehicle and not hit that person. he managed to barely miss him/her. He stopped his car and jumped out to see how the hell got in his way.
[CENTER]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER]

OOC: just so you guys know when my character talks in Spanish ill translate it. Unless hes just yelling and cursing. Ill just leave it as is. Well I guess someone has a chance to meet Eddie and get yelled at in Spanish. If you don?t know Spanish and want to get yelled at in Spanish or talk to in Spanish by Eddie send me a message of what you wanna say and ill translate it.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]He'd woke up with the bed on fire, again, the blankets charred and smoking. Fortunatly the fire hadn't spread to the floor. Charles de Fontaine sighed, sat up, and began searching for the cut he knew must be present. It was. A small, thin scrape, about the size of a papercut, on his finger...

[B]"Genius." [/B]He staggered out of the smoldering remainds of his bed, and to his dingy bathroom. He didn't bother to wash the cut - that would just send a cloud of blood-reeking steam into the air. Instead, he pulled a strange bandage out of the medicine cabinet that half-hung off the wall, fastening the asbestos lined cotton around the injury. He'd learned pretty quickly that normal bandaids just didn't cut it.

When he returned from the bathroom, his bed seemed to have gone out. He grunted and pulled on his jacket, vanishing out the door to take a quick walk while he waited for the smoke to clear.

The neighborhood was an unfamiliar one. He'd just moved there a week, maybe two, ago, after burning down his last apartment. No one had been seriously injured, but he - the one with the tattoos and the prepetually smoking cigarettes and the bad attitude - had been persona-non-grata. He'd left before they'd discovered the source of the blaze.

He played with his bandaid as he walked down the alley, finally giving in to the urge to unwrap it and trail his hand across the poster laden walls. A trail of black ash followed his touch. He grinned, lighting a fresh cigarette off of his fingertip before he rebandaged it.

He didn't pay much attention to where he wandered. The rain was lifting in clouds of steam off of him, fogging his vision. He only realized he was in a street when tires screeched and the car he'd drifted in front of screamed to a stop. He watched as the driver stepped out, looking shaken and irate...

Charles just grinned demonically, gave a little wave, spun, and disappeared back up the alley. He didn't feel like talking. Besides. The driver could have probably used a little excitement in his life. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Victor woke up, it was just a normal day. He woke up early, got dressed, got breakfast and watched the news. There was a bulletin about a robbery on the news. Victor decided to leave for work. As he approached the door he noticed a letter. It was an unusual day for mail. He picked up but didn't read it.

He left and got in his car, as he sat down he put the letter on the passeneger seat. He started the car, he drove through the streets slowly, there was soemthing funny abotu the day, nothing strange was happening it just felt strange.

Victor decided to lsiten to the radio, he turned it on and changed the frequency, it didn't work. He was confused as to why it didn't work. Victor looked at his watch, he had over an hour till he had to open up the business. He decided to go and buy a radio to replace the broken one.

He entered the shop, it was the same place he went to replace all the broken electronics he had. He knew the owner of the shop, as he approached the counter he noticed it wasn't the same man that usually works there.

"Where's John?" Victor inquired, John being the man usually there.
"He's ill." The man explained
Victor was surprised, the shopkeeper was never ill. It was very strange.
"Well, is there a car rad-" Victor stopped as he heard the screeches of car brakes

He looked out of the window to see a man stood in the middle of the road staring blankly into the eyes of a bewildered driver. The driver stepped out of the car and started yelling. Victor didn't know what he was saying.

[SIZE=1]"[COLOR=DarkRed][B]Just whom do you think you are running off like that when you nearly caused a car crash?"[/B]

The voice came from further down the alley. Charles spun, fists raised. Old habits died hard - he even though about going for the knife in his boot. The person who spoke, however, seemed harmless enough. He relaxed - but only slightly.

"[B]First o'all, it's who. [i]Who[/i] do you think you are. I think I'm Charles."[/B] He didn't move his eyes from the stranger's, patting down his jacket first, his pants next. [B]"Yeah, still Charles. And what I do ain't really a concern of yours."[/B] He leaned back on the wall, raising an eyebrow. [B]"No one got hurt. I'm ok, he's ok, so there ain't no problem with me leaving." [/B]He pushed off from the wall. [B]"Which I will now do again. Bye." [/B]He turned and continued down the alley.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia][B]?Jueputa!?[/B] Eddie got out of his car and saw the guy he missed run off into some alley. [B]?That right you better run! Pendejo. La sigiente vez no voy a parar.? (next time I wont stop.)[/B] Eddie was getting real heated and he knew that was a bad thing. He noticed little ice shards forming on his hand. He looked around and saw some guys looking at him from an electronic store. [B]?Mejor que me voy antes que vengan. ( I better leave before they come over here) I don?t want them to know?? [/B] he stopped talking as he looked in his car small shards of ice were in his car from applying to much pressure on his steering wheel.

He cleaned up his car and noticed one of the guys from the store came out.[B] ?Hey you okay?? [/B] He said. [B]?Yeah I'm good.? [/B] Eddie replied as he quickly cleaned up his car and got in it. ?[B]You sure you?re okay, man.? [/B] He asked again. ?[B]I said I'm good!? [/B] Spec got in his car and took off before they guy got too close. As he drove off he saw the guy looking at some of the pieces of ice spec had dropped outta of his car.[B] ?Damn it I should have just left them in the car and cleaned it later. That fool is lucky he got away. Next time he probably wont be so lucky.?[/B] Spec down the road and looked down the alley to see if that guy was still hiding there and he saw something. [B]?What the hell.? [/B] Spec didn?t stop cause he was already late for work. ?[B]Did I just see someone fly???[/B] He thought he was seeing things from not getting enough sleep and thought nothing of it and went to work.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Eden got up at her usual 5am. She spent almost two hours in the shower, a long time even for her. Stepping out she wrapped a towel around herself, dripping water all over the carpet she stood for ages attempting to choose an outfit. She was going to visit her grandfather at the regional museum, he was setting up a new exhibit but like always he wanted her opinion on everything first.

She wanted to look nice for her grandfather, he would always call her his ?little Egyptian princess? even though she was only a quarter Egyptian and you couldn?t even tell. Eden eventually decided on a pair of jeans, brown leather jacket with a cream t-shirt and a loosely knitted chocolate brown scarf. Tying her hair back she walked to the front door to retrieve the morning paper to read over breakfast.

When Eden opened the door she was met with the rather frightening and unexpected sight of a gothic looking man falling into her doorway.

[B]?Ello!?[/B] the man smiled at her while lying on his back. Eden jumped back as the house shook, ever so slightly.

[B]?Err, Hello? [/B] she replied rather cautiously while staring down at him.

[B]?I sleep in your doorstep, hope you don?t mind.?[/B] A grin was still firmly planted on his face, Eden thought it rather odd that a man dressed the way he was, should be smiling.

[B]?Not at all...? [/B] She was still rather lost for words. The man stood up from his position and extended his hand; Eden took it and returned the handshake. The gothic man looked around her to the left and right, trying to get a glimpse into her house. It was rather deceiving from the outside, but inside her house was beautiful. It was filled with artifacts, books, papers and antique furniture. Her house looked like a museum in its self, it practically was. Eden jumped when the man?s stomach grumbled. He looked down at it and shrugged, still oddly smiling.

[B]?You? err, hungry??[/B] She asked, looking him up and down, she thought him not too bad looking. Besides the strange dress sense he seemed to have. He nodded in response.

[B]?I?m Dani? [/B]

[B]?A pleasure, I?m Eden?[/B] She spoke with an ever so slight British accent.

[B]?So, got any food??[/B] he raised an eye brow, questioningly.

[CENTER]+ + +[/CENTER]

Eden watched as this gothic Dani person woofed down his breakfast. Eden had taken him to a café not far from the Museum. She let him order whatever he wanted, which happened to be allot of different things. She watched him in the same way one watches the running of the bulls. Everything is exciting enough and almost humorous but frightening at the same time, no one wants to be trampled or impaled by sharp horns. It was kind of the same way with this fellow. Eden would have never ever usually bought a stranger breakfast, especially one who had been sleeping on her door step all night but there seemed to be something almost intriguing about this guy.

[B]?Are you gonna eat that??[/B] Dani said, pointing at her plate with his fork, looking up at her. Momentarily breaking her trance.

[B]?Help yourself.? [/B] Eden pushed the plate towards him and took a sip of her black coffee. The pair were being met with rather strange stares by the other people in the café. Without warning a waitress in the café dropped a tray of tea cups that went crashing to the ground. Eden almost went through the roof. Luckily people gasped at the broken cups when Eden accidentally caused the table to shudder. Dani looked up at her with a tilted head and a furrowed brow.

[B]?What was that?? [/B] He questioned, Eden shook her head.

[B]?You finished?? [/B] He nodded.

[B]?Good, let?s go then.?[/B] Eden paid at the register and quickly pushed Dani outside. It was beginning to lightly rain as a lone fork of lightening arched across the sky. Eden stamping her foot on the ground in protest because of the rain caused a little bit more of a shockwave then it should have. Cursing herself because of it she looked across at the not-so-strange-anymore Dani.

[B]?What??[/B] He asked, rather forcefully.

[B]?Nothing. Hope you enjoyed breakfast? [/B] Eden began to walk away when Dani ran to catch up with her.

[B]?Thanks, you know for ...? [/B] She waved his comment away like it meant nothing and smiled, a fake one, but still a smile none the less. [B]?So what do you do?? [/B] he asked.

[B]?I, err. I?m an archeologist-in-training, specializing in New Kingdom Egypt. Why?? [/B] She said, trying to look Dani in the eyes. Her response was half true, she also worked part-time at an office as a secretary to help pay some bills.

[B]?No reason. You just seem like a nerd.? [/B] Eden blew a short puff of air out her nose in a rare smirking gesture. The hot air turned to steam as it connected with the cold air outside.

[B]?Well, Mr. Goth. What do you do?? [/B] she asked, a bit frightened by him and by what he would say in response. He probably knew she was frightened. The smirk was nothing more than an act of bravado, at least that?s what she thought afterwards, while cursing herself for her comment.

[B]?Err?[/B] he said, half mocking her while trying to find the words to described what exactly it was that he did. Eden couldn?t figure this guy out. She wasn?t sure weather he hated her or what was going on, she was pretty sure that he was merely acting nice to her, she did buy him breakfast afterall. She looked at her watch and realized she was going to be late.

[CENTER]+ + +[/CENTER]

[B]ooc: hope this is ok Vicky I was stuck for something to start off on ^ ^;; I?m rather tired lol[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Elizabeth looked at the letter clasped between her still-shaking fingers, the electricity buzzing around them making it hard for her to keep her hands still. Her hands were covered in faux leather gloves, thankfully not too obvious to anyone seeing her walk by.

This letter confused her very much, and yet she couldn't help but think it was the answer to all of her questions. Sure, it was a little creepy, but so was frying someone by shaking their hand. If what was written down here was really true, well...maybe someone could help her.

She blew some stray strands of red hair from her face, scrunching up her nose as the air tickled her. Her eyes were still downcast as she folded the letter up and slipped it into her pocket, meaning she didn't quite catch site of the blonde-haired man sprinting toward her. Only the shout of, [B]"Hey, you!" [/B] caught her attention and by then it was too late.

She was sent sprawling to the floor, the rather irate young man going down with her. She yelped with pain and shock and instinctively grabbed onto his arms, refusing to let go even as he struggled and pulled.

[B]"Hey, lady, let go of me! You should be lookin' where you're going, damnit!"[/B]

[B]"I'm sorry...[I]I[/I] should be looking where I'm going?"[/B] Beth released him and untangled herself, quickly struggling to her feet and leaning against the wall. He looked quite threatening, with that hunted look and tattoos all over him. She patted her jacket down to check for her purse, noting with dismay how he sneered at this action.

[B]"Oh, right. I have tattoos so I must be a criminal, right? Listen, lady, get over yourself."[/B]

Beth frowned as he took off again, jogging after him and grabbing at his shirt. [B]"Are you running from someone? Look, I'm sorry, I feel bad. Do you need any help at all?"[/B]

She looked up at the blonde and chewed her bottom lip nervously, finding herself clutching at the letter in her pocket as if it would comfort her. Something told her she had a connection with this man, and letting him get 'caught' wouldn't lead her to any answers. She hoped the pleading look in her eyes was enough to convince him, but if not?well, then, she just wouldn?t let go of his shirt.

[B]OOC: Hope that was okay, Ozy. I had to jump in somewhere.[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Nice. Dani managed to get a free breakfast out of his rough night, he was getting to be quite confident about this act. If he was nice enough, and if he played his cards right, maybe he could end up finding himself a place to stay for a week or two. It was amazing that he hadn?t stared this person away, maybe if she wasn?t convinced enough to let him stay he?d have to convince her himself? fear was a great companion.

Though there was something strange about her. The most of tremors and shaking, mostly whenever [I]she[/I] did something. For a moment, Dani thought maybe she was one of those people with those powers that advertisement was talking about. Nah, that seemed pretty impossible.

[B]?I?m a magician.?[/B] Dani said, somewhat out of the blue.

[B]?Hmm??[/B]

[B]?Yeah, you wanted to know my job.?[/B] He began, warming up to a lie. [B]?That?s what I do. I?m a magician. A dark magician, to be exact. I entertain those teenagers who hang around at night. They?ll pay a truckload of money if you convince them they?re seeing the Anti-Christ, or a truly dark demon? or? some other crap they believe in. You know in two years time they probably change their mind about all those chains and death metal music.?[/B]

Eden raised an eyebrow. [B]?You didn?t.?[/B]

[B]?That?s because I?m real. I told you, I?m a [I]dark[/I] magician.?[/B]

Dani gave another uncharacteristic fake smile and Eden laughed lightly. When she walked off again Dani made sure he followed. They were coming to a street were their seemed to be a few more people and already Dani felt a wave of anxiety inside him. He took out his lighter just in case, though his powers were already making his head easier to control.

[B]?I?m going to be late, I have to go soon.?[/B] Eden told him, glancing back almost as if Dani were an annoying stalker.

Damn. Dani twitched a little and ran to walk beside her, trying to think of something to say. All of a sudden he passed a lamppost and glimpsed a copy of the letter he had seen the night before. He ripped it off the lamppost and grabbed Eden?s shoulder lightly.

[B]?Hey, wait, wait a second! Look at this!?[/B]

Eden didn?t stop, she kept on walking but turned to Dani, interested in what he had to say. Dani read over the letter again for a brief moment, before running towards Eden. Unfortunately, he didn?t notice a person jogging along. If Dani had been more careful he would?ve seen, but he didn?t and he walked right into the runner.

Dazed, Dani was thrown into Eden. The runner was also knocked off track a little, into the very lamppost Dani had gotten the letter from. He looked down at Dani who was awkwardly on top of Eden, though Dani himself really wasn?t too bothered about how he was lying on the floor. He just seemed pretty pissed off.

Dani rolled to the side, his face on the concrete and looking around frantically for his lighter. He saw it in front of him and reached out for it, looking as though he was going to throw up or as if he was very, very ill. When he touched his silver lighter a small patch of ground around it became darker, shadowed. The shadows grew around his lighter until they were dark, Dani knew what he was doing. Voices around him, asking him if he was okay, the runner apologising, maybe even a slight tremor from Eden (he really wanted to know what that was all about).

Dani shot up from the ground and walked towards a sorry looking man, who didn?t mean to cause any trouble.

[B]?Why the fuck did you do that??[/B] Dani snarled, right in the runner?s face.

A crowd began to emerge around the scene, confused and slightly wondrous about the lack of the light the area suddenly gained and the look of anger on Dani?s face.

----------

[I]OOC: lol, gods man, we definitely like running into each other ^_^ yeah, I just made another opening for someone. And there?s a crowd! If anyone is struggling to find a way to get involved, why not come see what Dani has to say to the runner? Muwahaha.[/I][/SIZE]

[color=dimgray][size=1][b]"Why the fuck did you do that?"[/b] A strangely dressed man snarled, squaring face to face with Dorian. Even though this man was the one not paying attention, but then again it wasn't dark enough for Dorian to see fully, even with his dark sunglasses.[/size][/color]
[size=1][color=dimgray][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Dorian didn't reply, he just stared at the man infront of him curiously, though his anger was growing. On top of that he felt strange as the area seemed to grow darker, not by his doing either, but he could feel the shadows twist and change. One step further and he would be manipulating them himself, a slight scowl crept across his mouth at the challenge in front of him, especially with the way the shadows were acting. As his anger increased, the shadows grew darker, like two matches being held together to make a bigger flame. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Tipping down his glasses Dorian could see fairly well now, as he looked around the area at the people gathering, his eyes lingered on the beautiful woman who'm the gothic man fell on, glaring once more at the strange man, satisfied pushing the shades back up. Slowly he began letting go of his anger, an unnerving process, but he didn't wish to drive anyone insane at the moment. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]The darkness receded leaving the still lingering unnatural darkness. Swiftly Dorian shouldered past the black clad man, sometimes it was better to think things through, sometimes. Putting on a charming smile he grabbed the woman's delicate hand, taking it swiftly to his lips.[b] "Sorry to bump into you like this, must of zoned out, are you ok?"[/b] [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Blushing the woman nodded, softly pulling her hand back. [b]"Well I must be going, sorry again"[/b] As Dorian turned to begin running again, someone grasped his arm.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]OOC: Lucky me, Lucky me, the person that grasps Dorian's arm can be Dani or Eden, I just left it open for one of you.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed] [B]"Are you running from someone? Look, I'm sorry, I feel bad. Do you need any help at all?"[/b]

Charles looked down at the redhead clinging to his shirt with a mixture of admiration and pure annoyance. She hadn't run away yet, that was always promising. The street-wise punk side of him was yelling for him to just snap her wrist and run. He wrestled that urge into submission with a small shudder, visible and somewhat alarming...but she still clung. He snarled rudely, shifting his cigarette in his teeth and letting the end flare.

[B]"I ain't runnin' from anythin' but some moron who don't know how to drive." [/B]He grabbed her fingers, trying to work her grip open enough to pull his shirt free. the teeny, tiny voices that he tried to keep drugged into submission - those rare times that they could be heard over the punk side - were telling him this was no way to talk to a lady; he tried to shove them back into the mental closet, tugging at his shirt. [B]"And I don't need your help, 'less y'know where I can find the closest bar, lady. " [/B]He was rather proud that he'd control his urge to break her wrist. [B][i]No use starting big...[/i] [/B]"Now let go."[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Victor looked down at the ice, it was early in the morning but it wasn't that cold. He was confused, he ignored it, must've been nothing. He decided to leave the radio and just go to work. He approached his car, unlocking it with the remote locking system. He sat down and put his keys in the ignition.

He looked to his side. The letter, it was open and unfolded, Victor picked it up and looked at it, starnge, it read:

[I][CENTER]Zodiac: The Gifts and the Curses!

Many, of course, will not believe this. We invite you to witness evidence that the stars themselves have granted several chosen ones unlimited power! Come to the Harlem Academy to learn more about these secret, gifted humans! From burning objects to the touch, breathing deadly gases and enforces dark images into ones mind?[/CENTER][/I]

Victor thought it was some kind of hoax before, a set up. But he hadn't told anyone about his "gift" so it couldn't be. He never considered the possibility of others with similiar "gifts". he'd never heard anything of the sort. He began to wonder why people with such power wouldn't use to help people. Then he began to wonder if they too had risks or "curses" like everything was going to go bad. Victor decided to go to work, he started up the car and elft but couldnt stop wodnering whether it was a good thing or a bad thing this "gift" and if the letter was true.

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The day started rather late for Zane. Had he apparently slept in or something along those lines? Yet when he had finally dared to open his eyes to the world around him he soon found out why. Apparently, his clock had disengaged until it was nothing more but a small metallic looking puddle along with a small frayed wire emitting a number of sparks. After he had ridden himself of the clock and managed to slide some clothes on, he headed for the door of his apartment to go and seize the day.

Even as much as he had wanted to try and avoid the thoughts that had begun to run through his mind, there was no running from it. With his bad health aside, things have taken a course for the worse. I mean, normal people aren't able to breath balls of corrosive acid that can melt through the toughest things. Something about that just doesn?t seem to right, no matter who it was.

As he walked down the length of the street he could feel a cold child run down his spine. This feeling felt like there was an encompassing darkness swelling up from his feet, trying to reach his neck and snap it in one fell swoop. Yet just as fast as the feeling came it waned away and he was left alone on the lonely sidewalk?it was just some kind of a coincidence probably, there was no way that something like that could have been real. Right? Just then he heard the familiar sound of paper crunching underneath his feet and looked down noticing that he had stepped on some kind of paper, whatever it was he viewed it very quickly noticing only a couple of words.

[B]?The Zodiac?? [/B] His words seemed to drift into space as he folded the paper and slid it into his pocket and turned walking in a new direction. [B]?Just perhaps there is something more into this power that I am apparently not grasping yet, maybe this will tell me the information that I need to know.?[/B] He mumbled and began to move towards his new destination.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

OOC: aah! RP started!

Cat walked into a fancy restaurant with the few money she had. After running away for doing something she never meant to do, her money ran dangerously low. She had heard this restaurant had a good menue, and there was a good amount of food for a reasonable price. She walked by a strange man. As she accidentally brushed against his arm while passing through, an shock coursed through her body, something that has NEVER happened before. She glance carefully at the man, wondering if he felt the same shock. As her curiousity got stronger, and stronger, she realized it was too dangerous to stay around any longer. She then hurried ou the door, and down a nearby alleyway, letting loosed a thin strand of shocking cold water once she was out of sight. She couldn't keep on doing this! Hiding, cowering in an alley every time her emotions got a little too strong. But still, she was curious about that man. She walked out the alley, then strolled unsuspiciously by the restaurant window, and looked in it. Quickly locating the man, she stared through the window, for a time that could've been several seconds, or several minutes, while she pondered. Then, he turned and caught her eye. She froze, scared of what might happen next. Wanted posters were placed all over where she once lived, surely they were'nt placed here!?

Brian had been worried that he was going to get caught. He felt horrible about it, but ever since that intense rain storm, he wasn't able to get great sleep because every time he woke up, he was floating above his bed. And then with the panic that was caused, he fell with a crash back into his bed. His downstair neighbors were complaining of the terrible racket. One night, he even tied himself to the bed, but that only made things worse. When he woke, the bed was flying with him.

[B][I]"What the hell's going on?"[/I][/B] he thought.

What made matters worse. Brian had been having steady headaches throughout the week. And they seemed to get worse every time he woke up from his 'flying lesson.' The headache wasn't that bad, but when he went to the doctor for his constant migranes, the man wanted to put him in a medical journal... Needless to say, no one could really help him.

At first brian thought it only happened when he was asleep, but one day he actually did something that seemed too odd to be a coincidence. He was walking down the sidewalk and a very pretty girl walked by. Brian wanted to look up her dress and just then a breath of wind blew up her skirt. Brian felt like a pervert afterwards, but he noticed something. When he thought about doing something, it usually happened, and what was better: His headaches went away temporarily. However every time he used them, his headaches got worse.

Back whenever Brian was little and living at home, he remembered that his father used to always complain of head-splitting migranes. It wasn't really anything to worry about, but Brian couldn't even focus on his lines for the movie part he had just gotten. Since the movie was still in pre-production for a few months, Brian decided that he'd pay his dear old mom a visit to see what his father used to do about his migranes.

That was then

Brian now sat in a small cafe, thinking of some way to return to his life, but it was impossible. Brian was dead to society. He had flown on an airplane towards his mom's house when it exploded... Well rather, it was ripped apart from the inside. Somehow, Brian lost control of his power; without focus as a side-effect of his ability and he just exploded with a force so powerful it ripped the plane in two. There wasn't even a flame until the plane hit the ground. Not one person survived except Brian. He simply floated to the ground, safe and sound.

Now, since he was officially dead, he didn't know what to do. He called his manager, and asked if there was any way to make it look like he was never on the plane and currently, his manager complied trying to pull some strings. But that still didn't stop her from asking Brian questions. It was all going to hell: His career, his life, his friends. What was he to do now?

He looked around the cafe at all the strange people. Oddly enough, they didn't seem to be any better off than himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OCC: I went ahead and put myself in the cafe since that's where all the action seems to be happening. I don't care what time it happens in, (morning or night) but anyone's free to come and meet with Brian. He's actually pretty lonely and freaked out right now, so it wouldn't be too bad for someone to come and talk to him.

[SIZE=1][B]"The...closest bar?"[/B] Beth looked up into the blonde's angry face, quickly releasing his shirt and putting her hands behind her back, just in case he changed his mind about being 'nice'.

[B]"Well, now that you mention it, there is a relatively nice one a couple of streets from here. I could show you, if you like?"[/B] Beth considered offering her hand for a shake but thought better of it, instead starting to walk and see if he would follow. [B]"My name's Beth, by the way."[/B]

She wanted him to follow, if only so she could ask some more questions about what was going on. The bar, which also doubled as a restaurant, was the first thing that came to Beth's mind. She couldn't possibly imagine why, but when she thought about it going there just seemed like the obvious thing to do. Just as grabbing the man's shirt had been, she supposed.

So she started walking down the alley, not checking behind to see if the man was following her, but hoping that he was all the same. She reached into her pockets and clutched at the letter again, reciting what she remembered of it in her mind like it was a sort of calming mantra. Her hands felt damp and hot in her gloves but she tried to ignore that, instead concentrating hard on where she was putting her feet and listening intently for footsteps behind her.

[B]OOC: Just to clarify, Beth?s heading to the place where, as Darren said, all the action seems to be at.[/B][/SIZE]

After meeting the strangers' eyes, Cat ran off, hoping he wouldn't follow, her fear, made her drenched in pure water, though it was sunny. She ran down a street, and, nearly blinded by her fear, she nearly bumped into a girl that she had seen once before, though she did not see her. It was Beth. Cat looked fearfully into the girl's eyes, detecting suspiciousness in the depths. Her fear, made her drip with the water that was soaking her. She stood there, unable to move.

[SIZE=1][I]OOC: Okay, we had a lil' bit of a mix up. Kredion, we'll have to ignore your post for the time being as it has caused a bit of confusion. Ginkaze's as well as it carries on from Kredion's post. I'll PM you about it later Kredion. Sorry you two, and to make things clear this post is set directly after Zeke?s, directly as in no other post in the way. Once again, sorry Ginkaze.

Right, basically, my next post we move on (finally) to chapter two. In this post my character will cause... how shall we say... havoc. Or at least enough of a disturbance to draw any other characters around the cafe/restaurant/wherever. That can, really, be anyone. Get involved if you like, in my next post anyone who jumps in with this little confrontation will be smacked up in a prison cell for the night. You'll see soon enough. Even those who don't get involved with the 'havoc' will still obviously notice the powers being used, which means ever character will therefore know that they're not alone.

I hope I'm being clear, but you'll see soon enough. And I promise to try and not ruin anything ^_^;;[/I]

It wasn't right. He wasn't right. That stupid man who had walked into Dani wasn't normal at all, he wasn't afraid of Dani at all, wasn't afraid of the shadows. There was something, undoubtedly, wrong with that man. Perhaps not as badly as Dani, but there was something there. Dani wanted to know what it was. He slowly reached for his sleeve, pulling it up a little like he was getting ready to punch the man.

Then he turned away. The offender glanced over at Eden, he moved forward and moved past Dani, lightly brushing his shoulder. Dani was confused as to what was going on for a few moments until he noticed the man talking to Eden, words that Dani didn?t hear. He had taken her arm and helped her up, said something else that seemed like an apology. Why was he apologising to her?

The man turned and began to walk off, leaving Dani staring after him.

For the first time in awhile Dani was unsure about himself. He wasn?t sure whether he should fight in front of a woman, let alone this Eden he had met, nor was he sure why he was questioning himself. Dani snapped out of his brief moral discussion inside his head. Eden was a woman, so what? She gave him a meal, she seemed like she was somehow in the same league as Dani but no woman had ever held back Dani Anderson. He wasn?t going to start questioning himself now.

He grabbed the man?s arm and pulled him backwards viciously. Dani felt his powers pumping through his veins like lightning. Dani smacked the man in the face with his free hand, a spark of dark igniting between the two. Dani, for a moment, had a connection with the man?s mind. He found out? he was Dorian, he seemed to be connected to the dark and he?

?he was just like Dani?

Dorian had almost fell over his own feet and he was no doubt feeling incredibly sore, not just physically. Dani wondered if their momentarily connection worked two ways, after all, Dani was very, very good at implanting disturbing thoughts.

The crowd was growing thick now, panic was settling in, voice shouting, some people contemplating whether to run into the circle and detain Dani. They didn?t. Dani couldn?t hear them at all. He couldn?t even see them properly anymore, he wasn?t even sure if Eden was still there.

Shadows were becoming thicker on the ground and the crowd became aware of this. A lot of the backed away from the two but Dani wasn?t going to just let up after one hit. He ran forward to Dorian, probably not fully recovered. He proved Dani wrong, this Dorian fellow, by defending himself. Dani was met with a horrible smack to the jaw, sending him off his feet.

[B]?You cocky little fucker??[/B] Dani laughed on the floor, holding his bleeding jaw. He swung his legs around and made sure his heavy boots met with Dorian?s kneecaps. The attack made Dorian back off with a loud crack, which gave Dani the chance to stand up.

Then it happened, again, whilst the panic was getting much worse. The ground shuck and rumbled violently, Dani was even sure that his body was shaking. Painfully, in fact. He felt his balance falling a part inside of him, he was beginning to topple backwards by himself, still feeling painful inside. Noticing this, Dorian took his chance to keep Dani down on the ground by pushing him violently into a lamppost.

The entire area was pretty much chaotic now. Darkness, the shaking, the blood on the floor from Dani?s mouth and the slightly loose lamppost after Dani?s skull collided into it. The crowds were moving away, only those who dared to wonder dared to stay. Dani dared because he started it. Disorientated, he managed to pull himself upwards, catching the sight of Dorian looking around. Maybe he was looking for Eden. Maybe he was looking for the police to come and arrest Dani.

Dani closed his eyes and tried to control the thoughts in his head. The darkness grew thicker around him and only him as he stared at Dorian, not knowing his enemy was back on his feet.

Angered by the mere sight of this man, Dani charged forward and pulled himself up on Dorian, wrapping his legs around his waist and pulling Dorian?s head up with his arms. There was no way in hell this ?Dorian? was going to survive the shaking of the ground and the shaking of his own sanity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][B][i]She's trusting, alright,[/i][/B] Charles watched the girl head up the alley, turning her back on him.[B] [i]Wouldn't last two hours on the street.[/i] [/B]He watched the redhead as he followed, taking a mental step back and...'analyzing,' so to speak. [B][i]Or maybe she would...she's got the right look...[/i] [/B]And the hair was distracting.

Curiousity had got the better of him - what was a 'nice' bar like? And so he followed, staying far enough back to quash the urges some twenty-years had told him were the Way Things Were. He didn't want trouble in a new town - knives and petty theft wouldn't help him.

She finally stopped at the mouth of the alley, frowning slightly. [B][i]Maybe she's finally wising up to the fact that she shouldn't've turned her back on me...[/i][/B] He reached the end of the alley himself, and realized why she'd stopped. [B]"Ohhh...thought you said this was a nice place, lady. Looks like the type'a place I'd hang out, if that-" [/B]He jerked a thumb at the small-scale brawl - war - fight, whatever going on. "[B]-is typical, so I'm gonna assume it's not." [/B]He leaned back against the wall, laughing.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]The man jotted down notes, scribbling things on the clipboard that was laid out atop his legs. Juliet slumped into the couch as she always had and watched as he quickly wrote; knowing that it had meant her session was coming to an end. Once finished, he looked up and said, [B]?You?re progressing very well, Juliet.?[/B] With a fake smile, Juliet stood up and began to walk towards the door. [B]?I?ll see you next week?[/B] was the last thing she heard from him before exiting out to the world.

Looking to the sky, Juliet exhaled and began to walk down the street. The air was a bit chilly but she didn?t mind, in fact she found it a comfort while she walked to the garage where her Kawasaki Ninja was parked. However, she did mind how the rain had been inconsistent, changing its pattern every moment. She would rather have it pouring then changing every interval of a minute. Sighing again, Juliet straddled the seat of her bike and adjusted her helmet before riding down the street.

Turning on a corner, a sudden spine-chilling feeling came over her. It wasn?t the feeling of fear, dread, and all other negativity put together, no it was one of amusement. Still riding down the street, Juliet suddenly encountered a feat so grand to her left. Normally, she would have rode off without bothering to give a second glance at petty street fights but something about this one beckoned her to come closer, and she did. Juliet got as close as she could and slowed down, watching the movements of the two men. Within a few seconds of the watching, she noticed that both were undeniably ?special.? With a smirk on her face, Juliet?s eyes began to glow a white-gold but returned to her natural colors shortly after.

In thought, an intervention was beckoned for, albeit it was not the time to play games with people whom she had no information about. Sighing, as she always did, Juliet began to pick up speed and started to go off again when her powers had begun to go astray. [i]?Not now.?[/i] was all she could think to say as something began to coil around the things and people near her, like the girl standing behind the gothic man.

I?m late, I?m late for a very important date. Heh. Sorry, Vick. Creative muse hasn?t been here a while, you?ll have to excuse my poor creativity. ^_^;;[/size][/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3][FONT=Impact[B]]?AY AY AY ?. Tan estupido que soy. (man I'm stupid)? [/B] Eddie got to work late ?..only to realize it was his day off. [B]'Well I'm hungry I might as well hit up that café I heard about.'[/B] Eddie parked his car and was walking to the café. When he turned around the corner he saw a big group of people around the entrance of the café.

He sees two guys arguing one is a Goth [B](Dani) [/B] looking freak and behind him was some chick[B](Eden)[/B]. [B]?How can she date someone like that.?[/B] Eddie thought. Eddie couldn?t get a good look at who he was yelling at[B](Dorian)[/B]. But since they were in the way of the entrance he decided to walk up and see what's going. VVRRROOMM a Kawasaki ninja was passing by but as it did Eddie noticed the rider[B](Juliet)[/B] looking at the fight. Then the rider made quick eye contact with Eddie as the bike passed by. [B]?Man she had some cool ass contacts.?[/B] Said Eddie as she passed by him. He thought nothing of it as he continued to the fight.

[B]?You cocky little fucker.?[/B] Said the Goth as Eddie came up to the fight. Making sure not to make contact with any of them, for fear of injuring them. Suddenly the ground started shaking. [B] ?Que chingado esta pasanda? Un terremoto?(what the hell is happening? An earthquake?)? [/B] Some people started to run off. Eddie tried his best to avoid making contact but someone ran into his shoulder. one of Eddie?s natural defenses came up and stabbed a man. [B]?OOOWW. He?s got a knife?[/B] shouted the guy as he yelled in pain.

Eddie didn?t run. He kept walking to the fight because he felt something was terribly wrong with this fight. He walked up to the fight and noticed that he still had the icicle sticking out. He calmly reached over and pull out the rest of it from his arm. He then saw another blonde guy[B] (Charles)[/B] start to get involved in the fight and he was also followed by another chick who kept clinging onto his shirt [B](Beth). [/B] [B]" another guy..."[/B] Eddie thought as he saw another guy interested in the fight from inside the café [B](Brian) [/B] Some of the people still hung around even after the earthquake.[B] ?This is gonna be bad.?[/B] He thought.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: please read underground thread regarding this post :animesigh :animeswea

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]
[B]OOC: Kredion...what was happening in your post? I can barely understand it. I'll base my post just before Kredion's, seeing as I want in on the action before we get arrested.[/B]

Beth gulped as Charles lunged toward the fight, a manic glint in his eyes as if all his prayers had been answered. She reached out lamely to hold him back but only managed to stumble forward, pushed on by the slowly gathering circle of onlookers.

She let out a startled yelp as she tripped over her own feet, stumbling into Charles' back just before he reached down to flip the knife out of his boot. He shoved her away roughly and she tumbled to the floor, red hair cascading around her face, cheeks now stained pink with anger and embarrassment.

The raw energy was practically crackling in the air and Beth couldn't deny the fact that the ones fighting, and even a few onlookers, shared the same abnormal abilities as she did. Tentatively, she reached down to tug off one leather glove and then the other, watching with child like fascination as the electricity encircled her fingers.

She plunged into the fight, grabbing onto the first person she saw advancing on Charles, wanting to protect the only one she thought seemed to be on her side. The man she grabbed looked Latino and he shrieked with pain as Beth's small hands clung to his wrist. She let go quickly, shocked at herself for having done such a thing, and was quickly thrown to the ground again by a sudden tremor, the road beneath her cracking and folding in on itself in a mini, seemingly controlled, earthquake.

As she sat back on the tarmac, watching the confused tangle of legs from her current position, she heard the sirens above cussing and shouts of pain. Slowly she turned her head, managing to see through the crowd of passers by that police cars were arriving at the scene.

[B]"Oh."[/B][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B][SIZE=1]ooc: rewinding a bit; Vic' wanted to be the person to post the arrests, so...yah.[/B]

---

Charles still watched as the fight turned even uglier, boots and elbows and biting seemed to take over from the normal exchange of punches. He wandered closer, still fascinated - after a year out of the gang enviroment - with violence.

He took a step too close, apparently. The combatants broke free from each other, going seperate directions for all of a second before the gothic one - [B][i]he reminds me of that freak Schwartzwald...[/i][/B] - spun on his heel and lunged for the other fighter. Apparently the blow to the head had messed up his balance, or his eyesight, or both, for instead of the other guy he tackled Charles, slamming him back into the wall.

His fascination wasn't the only thing still kicking. He twisted free, cursing, but not wasting time trying to talk. He just backed off, jumped away a relatively safe distance, and raised his fists, sliding into a familair, ready crouch.

The Goth's eyes were dazed, but something seemed to lurk in their depth, something...almost malevolent. He raised a hand, beckoning - and Charles lunged, hands outstretched for his opponant's throat.

--
[I]OOC: Schwartzwald was a drug dealer Charles used to run with, until he turned tail duringthe gang wars. He's dead now; rumor has it he overdosed on his own stuff. Rumor is rarely right.[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Brian was still sitting in the Cafe, in the same booth he'd been in since sunrise. He kept hearing information about the plane crash that he'd caused play over the small TV, and it didn't help that the little waitress turned the volume up every 15 minutes until it was pounding inside his head. But he didn' have anywhere else to go. Normally he would have drowned his sorrows in alchohol, but in a strange city where he didn't have anywhere to sleep it off, he decided on coffee.

He was now on his third cup and considering leaving the cafe, perhaps to go to a hotel. That's when it started. The ground started shaking. At first it started small, with only a few glasses breaking and only a few squeals from people in the cafe, but then it got more wild. Brian could barely keep his balance and he was in a chair! It stopped abruptly, leaving the small waitress clinging to a bar stool and several others on the floor with their mugs shattered.

When Brian looked out of the window, he saw a large brawl out in the entrance to the cafe. Most seemed to be wrapped up in the earthquake to notice, but Brian realized just by sight, that the earthquake wasn't normal, and that those people(while all different in color and style) weren't normal either. He didn't even question their power. The only thing he was wondering was which one caused the earthquake. As he looked over each of them, he noticed something different, there was a type of shadow surrounding the two main "brawlers." and then he made eye contact with the latino standing nearby the fight. He didn't seem to notice that he had something stabbed into him... But then he realized that it wasn't going into the man, it was coming out. People began fleeing from him and out of nowhere, these bolts of something (Brian couldn't tell if it was lightning or not since it was so fast) started striking everthing, attempting to destroy everyone there. Even more people fled now.

That's when Brian noticed some guy floating in mid-air. Just like Brian can do.

[I]"How are all these freaks right here? In this one spot?"[/I] he thought, and that's when he decided to go outside.

He didn't get very far. There was some young by-stander who got hit with something. She was lying on the sidewalk, unconcious. And of course, Brian being the nice guy he was decided to help her out.
~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: I did have more, but I saw that Vicky wanted to be the one to post the arrests... So I deleted it, just know that Brian's up for defensive fighting if the brawl gets too wild...

[SIZE=1]Dazed and rather confused, Dani blinked several times and try and figure out exactly what had just gone on. When he noticed the man in front of him ? fists raised and everything ? he realised he had obviously charged into the wrong person. Dani didn?t have time to think on it, though, as his new enemy had lunged forward for Dani?s throat.

Quickly, Dani raised his hands to try and stop the man. He managed to grab his wrists but Dani was being choked, not to mention he felt like his palms and neck were burning. What the hell was this idiot on? The two struggled for a moment, Dani easily losing from being dazed, his throat and hands hurting so much from the heat that he just wanted to get away. He wasn?t going to have any of it. With no other option available, Dani raised his hand to the man?s temple and dug his fingers in.

The shadows became thicker again and Dani stared into the man?s eyes. Dani, not entirely sure what he was doing, summoned the darkest, most disturbing and off putting image he could think of ? which wasn?t hard ? and watched as the man?s eyes widened. The two released each other in shock, it seemed there was something wrong. Dani?s curse, it worked but not entirely? some sort of feedback, probably like with Dorian, had caused more than the image to be exchanged. Information, images? Dani even knew the guy?s name: Charles.

Dani turned around to Charles; the tables had been turned now. Charles was the one dazed and Dani was on the attack. Dani ran forward to Charles and raised his foot, laughing when it collided with Charles? head. Dani didn?t know Charles was a competent street fighter. He just got back up.

Charles punched Dani in the jaw sending blood onto the pavement. He punched Dani again with his other fist, knocking Dani backwards. Dani looked up, his mouth so full of blood that he was drinking it and decided he was really, really pissed off now. When Charles was heading towards him to do more damage, Dani raised his knee fast and hard, right into Charles? legs? where it hurt the most.

Now that definitely took Charles by surprise. He tumbled backwards onto the ground, giving Dani a chance to check what was going on around him. He caught the sight of a young looking man (Dani didn?t see who) falling to the floor after someone had attacked him and several others around and about. They were all freaks, Dani concluded, getting involved in a street fight. He looked around for Eden, slightly worried that she wasn?t okay (if she was dead then were was Dani meant to stay when his house got taken away?!).

Charles got back up and Dani noticed this. Taken aback, Dani prepared himself to keep the man down once and for all. Dani had never truly used his powers to such an extent but maybe today was his chance.

Suddenly the sound of sirens were heard, Dani must have missed them. He looked around frantically and noticed that there were police and riot vans everywhere, detaining people all over the street. Dani?s first instincts were to run, run fast and far. He didn?t get very far. As soon as he turned around he was met with the hard, plastic-glass shield of one of the police from the riot van. He landed on the floor with a loud crack from his already hurting jaw, opening his eyes and noticing a snake in front of him. A snake? He rolled over, rather scared, and saw the police above him, taking the snake off his mind.

[B]?I didn?t do anything!?[/B] Dani protested, getting up violently only to be shunned back down by a cop?s boot. He was kept there for a moment while another police man came and locked Dani?s hands behind his back. He snarled angrily, looking to the side only for a moment to catch Charles being arrested against a wall by a dozen police men. Now that made Dani smile.

After a few issues with crowd control with the growing curious faces the police had gathered as many people who they thought were involved ? which seemed like a lot of innocent people, too. Not to mention a few snakes... for some odd reason... had seemingly gathered and the police looked rather confused about that. They were obviously having a bad day as well.

[CENTER]
[IMG]http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/5900/giftsandcurses2ov9.png[/IMG]
[/CENTER]

They really [I]were[/I] having a bad day. Anyone who seemed to have been mildly involved in the fight had been kept at the reception by the police for hours. A punishment? Well it was fucking annoying. Dani had watched people walking in and out of the station, seemingly ignoring the group that were handcuffed to chairs (most of them, anyway). There was another girl there, she didn?t look like she had been involved, and Eden was there. She didn?t look like she was loving the situation at all. In fact, she was worrying Dani. Dani wasn?t allowed to get worried. He leaned over this one man, probably Spanish because that?s all he ever spoke, to see Eden. Dani was about to talk to her, but he frowned and left it. He wasn?t [I]allowed[/I] to be worried.

Charles was sat across on another set of chairs from Dani with Dorian. Every now and then Charles was looking over and smiling sadistically at Dani, teasing him. When Dani caught Charles? mocking smile, he stuck his bloodied tongue out at him along with a loose tongue piercing. Charles just laughed.

[B]?I?ll eat you alive??[/B] Dani said manically, licking his lips for effect put spreading blood on them.

[B]?Be quiet over there!?[/B] an angry cop shouted from the desk.

[B]?Moody fuckin? police ba ? ?[/B]

[B]?I think you should do as he says.?[/B] A guy whispered beside Dani. Dani looked at him lazily, his jaw feeling heavy and his entire body feeling weak after the fight.

[B]?Who the fuck are you??[/b] he slurred, meaning to sound like a bastard.

[B]?I?m Brian.?[/B] Replied the man with a warm smile.

[B]?Nice to meet you. Go shut up and die.?[/B] Dani spat back.

Another hour or so went by, few words exchanged between the people sat on the chairs. Dani managed to gather everyone?s name from his brief conversations. Charles, Dorian and Eddie were sat on the other set of chairs whilst Eden, Brian, some girl called Beth and Dani were on the other side. Dani didn?t know half of them but he seemed to think he knew something about them? something strange. They were all different. All like him. He knew some of them most definitely possessed a power, but if he found out any of them really did he?d kill them.

A police man, looking rather ill, annoyed and angry, walked in with a clipboard in his hand. He checked the people over, noticing a few of them with bruises, blooded faces and ripped clothing, before going back to his clipboard. He placed it in both hands and stood in the middle of them all.

[B]?I want each of you to come up to the desk when I release you and tell me your name. You?ll be interviewed later on and I want to know exactly what happened.?[/B] He said, sticking out his large stomach and frowning. He came up to Eddie first on Dani?s side, who looked slightly disorientated for some odd reason (Dani didn?t remember him in the fight). He talked at the desk for awhile, gave some information, and was sat back down without the hand cuffs. Dani was next to be untied.

[B]?Your full name, please.?[/B] The cop asked him, the grumpy, fatter policeman stood suspiciously behind Dani. Dani was looking around like a lost puppy, taking in his surroundings and just trying to annoy the police. He didn?t like them at all. He wasn?t going to make this easy.

[B]?Your [i]name[/i].?[/B] Snarled the officer behind him.

Dani looked at him in a questioning manner. He titled his head to the police officer, dying not to laugh when his bloated cheeks became red.

[B]?We?ll lock you up in prison if you don?t speak!?[/B]

[B]?Good, I?ve been looking for a place to sleep.?[/B] Dani laughed.

The police man brought the handcuffs up to Dani?s face. [B]?Look, I?m warning you, don?t play games. I?ll lock everyone here up for the night if you want and you can laugh about it all night!?[/B]

Dani?s eyes darkened.

[B]?Goths like you running around the street are nothing but trouble!?[/B]

Dani didn?t like that. He didn?t like being labelled. Angered, Dani spat the warm, loose blood in his mouth at the policeman, it spattered all over his eye and brought a satisfactory grin to Dani?s face. The police man wasn?t happy at all.

[B]?Check them for weapons and lock them all up. [I]All[/i] of you can pay for this clown!?[/B]

Dani rolled his eyes and was dragged off to the chair while they checked him for weapons.[/SIZE]

-----
[SIZE=1][I]OOC: Anyone who isn't in jail it's still completely free for you. Come visit us if you think there was something strange about our characters, go meet up with everyone who isn't in jail... yeah, just some suggestions. The game begins, people.[/I][/SIZE]