OtakuBoards

Gifts and Curses

Vicky

[SIZE=1][B]?Bloody useless piece of...?[/B]

Dani sat back on his couch having given up with the CD player. He groaned in annoyance, holding some sort of frozen food to his neck where Charles had put his hands. Dani just hoped he didn?t come out in blisters?

He craned his neck enough to hold his ice pack with no hands and took out the pad that was beside him. The grabbed the nearest pen (the only one, in fact) and began to write. For someone with no money, little tolerance for the law or people, his handwriting was in fact very neat. It wasn?t overly fancy, either; just nice and neat. He twisted his wrist around before writing down the very important names.[/SIZE]

[FONT=monotype corsiva]Eddie, Cathrine, Beth, Dorian, Brian, Moses, Juliet, Eden, Cairo the delivery boy, that dodgy looking man in the end cell? Charles.

Note to self: Use Charles as a battering ram to beat the others?
Note the self number two: Steal his wallet first.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]He took the ice off his neck and groaned. For now his list was good enough, as long as he remembered their names. He would look for them soon, all of them, figure out who was going to stand in his way and who would leave him alone. Of course, half of them hated Dani, so he didn?t think he had to be picky. He scratched his head wearily, counting how many he?d seen so far. Twelve, including himself. Why twelve?

[B]?Zodiac??[/B] He mumbled.

He remembered the poster he had seen, a prediction almost to what had happened. That had to be it! He leapt up ignoring the pain in his neck and began to furiously rummage through the papers on his desk. Everyone had a bloody Zodiac calendar, or something to do with the star signs. He threw away pills of phonebooks and probably bills, effectively clearing off his desk. Not there. He moved onto the next pile, taking a few drawings off the top.

[B]?Ah you fuckin? genius??[/B] Dani complimented himself with the calendar in his hand. He sat back down and flicked through all the way to Capricorn. He stared at the dates for awhile, each day by turn, until he came to the 10th. That was it. That was when his powers first stared, on that night. He ran his hands down the calendar, a mark of frustration. He should have picked it up earlier.

But then he turned to the back and noticed a 13th Zodiac, not present in any of the normal myths. Ophiuchus, the snake bearer. Juliet immediately came to mind and Dani realised there was one more person. Someone he?d missed.[/SIZE]

[FONT=monotype corsiva]Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Picses, Ophiuchus?

Fire, Earth, Air, Water .ect.

Ophiuchus = Snake bearer?[/font]

[SIZE=1]He continued writing for some time, looking through his calendar, putting down dates and any loose information he could find. He felt as if he were ahead of everyone else with this information, even though he didn?t know the missing person. He thought back on their time in jail, noting everyone was there. Maybe it was one of the officers? or perhaps the coughing Dani had heard wasn?t from one of the inmates.

Dani ripped off the paper and shoved it in his pocket quickly. He rummaged through his clothing and put on a t-shirt, for once, and pulled his jacket over it, making the collar rise to hide his burns. He took up a pair of drumsticks from the vase at the side of his desk and went for a walk outside, hoping now that they were all released from jail. Dani was going to get answers, whether they were willing or not.

Nice and quiet. Nice and quiet was how Dani liked it. No people around the bother him today. There were cars passing but Dani didn?t mind that at all. The only sounds to be heard were those cars and their wheels scraping along the concrete and a tapping. Wood against stone. Wood against stone, with a beat and an almost groove to it. Rhythm. If there was one thing Dani had which he didn?t regret or backfire with it was rhythm. He missed the days when he actually had a drum kit?

He was almost running as he played his drumbeat on the wall, stopping now and then for no reason at all and continuing as if nothing had happened. He was still determined to find those losers from the prison cell ? more determined, in fact ? and get those answers. If they weren?t a threat he?d leave them alone, if they were a threat and they were threatening him? well, he?d have to take care of that as much as he could.

Slowing down his tapping Dani noticed he was getting further and further into the city. Good for finding people? bad because it [I]contained[/I] people. He decided to stop tapping the wall in fear he would draw attention to himself (More than usual), didn?t want anyone noticing him and asking questions.

Dani?s eyes fell on someone walking in front of him. No one else really around on the same side of the street. He squinted for a moment before coming to a stop. Was that Moses?

Only one way to find out.

Dani raised one of his drumsticks and aimed it at Moses. Figuring he was way too far behind to hit the boy, Dani set off on a slow jog, still with the drumstick aiming at the boy. Dani smirked, knowing how much drumsticks hurt. He was almost directly behind Moses? and?

[I]Thunk.[/I]

Moses had turned around just in time for the drumstick to hit him square in the eye. Dani, just a few steps in front of him, was smirking greatly and trying to hide a need to laugh. Moses was currently still holding his eye, Dani intended to stick around until the lad looked up. It was going to be fun.[/SIZE]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B][B][i]Breathe in the black smoke, Juliet.[/i][/B]

It was dark. It felt humid and thick. Wherever she was, she couldn?t see a thing. There was also a dense black fog, almost like?

[B]?Smoke?! What the hell??[/B] She soon started to cough. [B]?What the hell is this shit??[/B]

A ghoulish laughter disrupted her one track questions. Juliet looked around but knew she wouldn?t find anything through the thick smoke. She strained to see anything, strained to find at least a silhouette. But to no avail could she see anything. Her fists clenched as she stepped further into the smoke but stopped when she heard a voice.

[i][B]Didn?t I tell you that I?ll make you see things demons have nightmares about?[/i][/B] Anger set in as the fog began to clear. She wasn?t one for games?especially in her own dream. Yet somehow the voice sensed this. [i][B]Don?t get your knickers in a bunch, love. It?ll all be over soon.[/i][/B]

The fog had finally cleared and she could finally see, even what was in front of her. It was the man from the jail cell, the one who put his hands on her. Juliet?s eyes glow a white-gold as snakes coiled around her. He stood there with that devilish smirk on his face. She tried to use her powers but something was wrong, she couldn?t breathe and the darkness was closing in on her. Something was pulling her into the dark depths.

Fear set in as Juliet tried to pull away. She wasn?t the type to be afraid of anything yet this man was using what she hated, what she feared the most against her. He watched her writhe in torture and torment, laughing at her. At that same time, disturbing images ran through her mind. They were exactly the ones that she ran away from, hiding them in the darkest recesses of her mind.

That was what she did. She ran. She ran to hide from the things that she tried to get away from. She ran to get away from the screams, the people?the darkness. But eventually, she grew tired and it got a hold of her. The shadows grew to fingers, then hands, and soon a body. Then as it said, [B]?I won?t go away. I?ll keep coming back??[/B] his face appeared before hers and his hands grabbed the sides of her head, [B]?for you.?[/B]

Juliet woke up in cold sweat as she laid in bed with her eyes opened. She knew she was able to handle the strenuous activity the guy put on her but she didn?t know how it would affect her afterwards. Juliet sat up and ran her fingers through her hair, cursing in Korean as she looked at her alarm. She knew her power could help her calm the nightmares but what else could it do?

With a slight growl, Juliet pulled the sheets off and walked to the windows, opening the blinds to look out at the dark city below. She knew that below her, that man was lurking to find the others. She knew that he?d eventually come to her. Turning to the wall nearest her, she slammed her fist into it. Looking at her fist, she scoffed and walked into her bathroom, turning on the shower.

[center]+ + + + +[/center]

Just as she had predicted, it began to sprinkle. She pulled her hood over her head and began to walk. Where was she going? She hadn?t a clue. She merely let her feet take her wherever and wherever she ended, was where she was going to be?for the time being.

Words flowed into her empty yet full mind and cleared the thoughts from her head. Rhythm replaced stress, beat replaced wonder, and music replaced everything. A smile crept on her face as she finally reached her destination. Juliet pushed open the door and walked into the club/bar/restaurant. She pulled her hood off and set herself on one of the seats, waiting patiently for the bartender.[/size][/color]

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]After the entire ?group? of people had left their prison, Zane had left long before that, he had already obtained the information he had wanted, and had no further purpose to just stay there with them and risk being found. If what he had though was to be correct, he had to remain a mystery to all of the others for as long as he could. He had been walking down along the streets. He took an alternate turn down a different path and began to walk down a path through it, perhaps a light stroll would be enough for him to sift through all of the information that he had just acquired.

[I][B]?So then, if I assume that a few of them have powers?.what numbers could be drawn up from that? If this odd phenomenon is like any other story there must be a significant number?. Maybe five? No, too few for all of the people who were in those jail cells. Perhaps 7? It?s more logical but it gives to many of them a reason to have been in that spot so there must be one other thing. If I guessed all twelve of them including me, which will make thirteen, it makes the most sense but then there is the unorthodox nature of the number 13 to take into consideration??[/B][/I]

Zane happened to stop mid way through the park and sat down on a nearby bench after letting out a couple of coughs, his theory made sense, yet he had to find the rest of the fuse before he could light the end of it. [I][B]?If what little I know about Jungian psychology and numbers are correct. The Thirteenth one is always the one that is different from the rest; it may have something that is special only to it. If that held true to this situation, then whoever was the thirteenth person, s/he will be different from the rest?? [/B] [/I] After Zane had finally come to this conclusion, a devilish smirk came about his face as he got back up and began to exit the park.

[B]?However I must make the right choice, I need to abduct the right one first, if I fail then my existence would be known and my entire plot will be ruined.? [/B] He groaned once more before he looked down at the ground in front of him and kicked a rock unconsciously for a while thinking of the odds against him. [B]?A one out of twelve chance? The odds do not look good for me but I must improvise, I will capture this odd one? and then the real fun shall begin.?[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]When Eden stepped outside from the police station she breathed a great sigh of relief. Hopefully she would be able to get back to her house, explain everything to her grandfather and get out of town for a few days. She needed a holiday, badly; all the strange occurrences had caused her stress levels to go straight through the roof. She had stayed completely silent during her encounter with the ?others? like her self. Eden had come to the conclusion that Dani wasn?t a very nice person; he scared the living daylights out of her. She hoped that he wouldn?t come knocking on her door again.

The thought had never crossed her mind that there were others like her, with these ?gifts?. Some of them she wouldn?t even call gifts. Eden realised that she was just standing on the sidewalk; she so she began to walk back towards her house. It was a fair way but she would grab a taxi, but first she was going to put as much distance between her and these people.

[B]?Must get home, must get home.? [/B] She muttered out loud, like a mantra. Anyone paying any notice to her would have thought she was mad. Eden felt as though she would have liked to thank the Dorian person from earlier but thought it best not to go back. She walked with her head down, staring at the pavement, when she decided to look up she realised that she was already in town. Eden looked a crossed the road to see someone peg a stick at someone else which hit them in the face.

She realised that the person who threw the stick was Dani, Eden?s eyes went wide as she side stepped into a small alley. Perhaps if she went through some shops he wouldn?t see her and he wouldn?t ask anything, maybe she was just over reacting and he would leave her alone. Probably not likely.

Eden grabbed her mobile and dialled her grandfather?s numerus she walked through the various shops to try and get out the other side. He always took forever to answer the phone.

[B]?Pa? It?s me?[/B] her voice sounded apologetic.

[B]?My god Eden where have you been, I was getting worried. Are you all right?? [/B] his voice was full of concern.

[B]?I?m all right Pa, I?ll be over soon. I?ll explain everything don?t worry. Also, I need your help. Something?s up? [/B]
[CENTER]+ + +[/CENTER]
occ: ahh gosh sorry for the crap post.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Okay, ow. That hurt. Moses? hand covered his eye as he held back a pained whimper. The?whatever it was striking him in the eye ? or trying to impale him in the eye, rather ? did little to help them as they were already slightly swollen and definitely black from the blow to his nose the night before.

Raccoon eyes, his foster-dad had called them?now would he have a bloodshot eye to add to the?severely unattractive look? Moses suppressed another groan as he struggled to open his other eye. He had been walking for the sake of walking when he?d felt a pri ? okay, he hadn?t felt a prickle on the back of his neck; he?d simply heard the footsteps behind him and felt the need to turn around and find out who had followed him for the better part of a block.

No sooner had he turned then some undetermined object had jabbed into his left eye and sent a sharp pain lancing through it. Still suppressing groans he blinked open his watering left eye and looked upwards ? straight into Dani?s severely amused face.

The normally taciturn teen swore with fright as he backed away from the subject of his nightmare, eliciting an actual laugh from the other man.

?Hey, would ya look at this?if it isn?t that gullible kid from last night.? He laughed again, stepping closer and closing the space between himself and Moses. ?Don?t you wish you?d given me the key?? Moses thought about it for a minute but couldn?t help but shake his head.

?Not?really??? He moved his hand from his eye and attempted to open it but quickly put his hand back up as the eye seemed to throb in time with his heart racing. ?Maybe a little?I, uhm?I need to, like, leave now! Can I go?? He gave a hopeful smile even though it was the last thing he wanted to aim at the dark man.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][B]"Oh, hey, er...Beth?"[/B]

[B][i]....did I just stammer?![/i] [/B]Charles cursed mentally. [B][i]sheer genius[/i].[/B] He tried to swipe the uncertainty off his face, speaking a bit rougher than he'd been planning.

[B]"Why'd y'have to jump into the fight like that? You coulda gotten killed, with that freak doin' all sorts of freaky crap like he was..." [/B]He ran a hand through his hair - it was falling out of his spikes, messy and all over the place. [B][i]Not that you care, right? ....RIGHT?[/i] "I didn't need your help, I coulda got him if those cops hadn't shown up..."[/B]

Beth just stared at him, blinking. His annoyance was slowly fading; it was both a welcome and alarming feeling.

--

[COLOR=DarkOrange]ooc: Ahah, flustered punks amuse me so. He's so redundant and stuff.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Confused and slightly shaken, Cairo began down the hallway with the undelivered coffee, until he heard a voice call his name. [b]"Cairo! Boy am I glad that you finally got here!"[/b]

[b]"Oh, Officer Christianson! Heh, you kinda startled me a little-- oh, and here's the coffee you ordered.......by the way, how come it's so quiet around here today?"[/b] Cairo said with a sigh of relief.

[b]"Well, probably because we got all of the 'trouble' in the holding cells in the back. I don't know if you heard, but there was a huge fight that got out of control."[/b]

[b]"Yea, I heard about it....did anyone get hurt?"[/b]

[b]"Yeah, a few by-standers, but it's nothing major....."[/b]

[b]"Wow, that's pretty fucked up....well, let me get back to work before Tony pops a vein."[/b]

[b]"Wait, before you go, I want you to know that since we don't know who started the fight, we're letting all 9 of these deliquents out tomorrow.....so be safe."[/b]

[b]"Heh, I'm always safe Officer Christianson, see ya later."[/b]

When Cairo got back to work, he examined the nearby crime scene. Even though people in the area carried on as if nothing happened, it was evident that something big had occured just hours ago. [b]"Damn.....9 people did this? It looks like at least 50 people came through here....hmmm.....back to work."[/b]

[center]***************[/center]

As Cairo got back to his dorm room and prepared for bed, he sifted through his jean pockets a took out the peice of paper in his back pocket, before discarding them into the dirty laundry pile, [b]"Hmm....this is from that old guy I saw earlier today...."[/b]

[CENTER][i]Zodiac: The Gifts and the Curses!

Come and see the wonder of the 21st century, a once in a life time chance to witness the power of the stars!

For centuries, mankind has fabricated legends around these birth signs and many people believed them. The stars were the key to our curiosity, they always have been. But many people believe the myths around birth signs and the zodiac to simply be fantasy, a lucky guess at our personalities. The stars had granted us sacred nights in which we are at our best, qualities for our personalities beyond our imagination and now they offer us one more thing: power!

Many, of course, will not believe this. We invite you to witness evidence that the stars themselves have granted several chosen ones unlimited power! Come to the Harlem Academy to learn more about these secret, gifted humans! From burning objects to the touch, breathing deadly gases and enforces dark images into ones mind?[/i][/CENTER]

[b]"Heh, maybe that old guy [i]was[/i] crazy."[/b] Cairo said jokingly as he tossed the paper on his desk, [b]"But it'd be amazing if my abilities were connected through the Zodiac...."[/b] and with that, he turned off the light and went to sleep.

The next morning was just as groggy as the previous, there were rain clouds scattered throughout the skies and a light drizzle began to fall. Cairo pulled his hood over his head and headed for his car.

[center]+++++++++++[/center]

Later that morning after class, Cairo headed straight for work. As he approached the door to the restaurant, he curiously looked around for the old man, secretly wanting to bump into him again so that the questions buzzing about in his head could be answered. When Cairo didn't see him, he walked into the restaurant prepared to work. [b]"So, where do you want me today Tony?"[/b]

[b]"Well since the bartender called in sick today, you're gonna fill in for 'em, so don't be so butterfingery today."[/b]

[b]"Yeah, yeah I know"[/b] Cairo said sarcastically. While he put on his apron, he headed straight behind the bar and awaited customers. [b][i]"Who the hell drinks this early in the morning anyway?"[/i][/b] Cairo thought to himself. Just as he thought that, a beautiful asian girl came into the restaurant, she was smiling too, so she look even better as she got closer to the bar, [b]" [i]'Heh, looks like I spoke too soon.'[/i] Good Morning ma'am, what will you be drinking today?" [/b]

[/size][/font]

[SIZE=1]Dani raised his eyebrow at Moses? smile. He didn?t reply to his question for no odd reason other than he liked to see people squirm in such a way. When he opened his mouth to reply, he caught the sight of someone across the road. As quickly as Dani caught them they were gone, Dani frowned at this, but decided he might catch them if he went the other way round.

[B]?Right, well I?ll just, like, leave now, ?kay??[/B]

[B]?Yeah sure kid, I?ll walk you home. Which way you live? This way, right? Good.?[/B] Dani put his arm around Moses? shoulder as if he were a friend, dragging him forward.

[B]?No I don?t -- ?[/B]

[B]?Shut up.?[/B]

Moses opened his mouth to speak again but Dani, having the advantage because he had an arm wrapped around Moses? neck, simply placed his palm over the boy?s mouth and continued dragging him along. Anyone would think they were friends, anyone who didn?t know Dani, and that?s what he intended. He just hoped none of the Zodiac creeps would find him.

[B]?Listen, you got any special powers? Like voodoo shit? I don?t know. Can you do anything cool??[/B]

Moses just looked up at Dani. Dani stared at him, impatient for a reply. He was actually about to yell at Moses until he realised he still had his hand over his mouth. Dani removed his hand quickly and waited for a response.

[B]?I don?t? no, don?t think so??[/B]

Dani eyed Moses. Either he did have powers and Moses was suspicious of Dani, or he really didn?t know. Dani wasn?t sure the kid was too bright. Seemed like he had to think real hard with real simple answers.

[B]?What star sign you, then??[/B]

Moses concentrated for a moment (for awhile, in fact). [B]?I?m Canc ? wait, why do you want to --?[/B]

By the time Moses had realised he perhaps shouldn?t trust this man, Dani had all the answers he needed. Cancer. Water sign. He wasn?t going to let Moses run off home now that he was done, though; Dani still had lots more to do. He knew that Moses was somewhat afraid of him. At the same time Dani wondered if Moses was going to turn around and use his powers? wait, that was an idea. Dani was so sure that Moses had powers, so sure that the boy was either too dumb to know or hiding his knowledge that Dani was willing to force Moses' powers out.

[B]?D?you wanna go to the docks? Reckon it?s cool ?round there at this time. No people.?[/B] Dani said, fully aware that Cancer was a water sign and the docks were full of? well? water.

[B]?Uhm? no, I just want to go home.?[/B]

Dani looked side to side at the people around him, leaning in closer so no one could hear him. [B]?Moses, I?m not giving you a choice. I?m not going to kill you, but if I have to [I]break[/I] your legs and drag you to the docks? fine by me.?[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]?okay, no. Moses stared at Dani?s smiling (if you could call it that) face as he was dragged unceremoniously down the roads towards the dock district and frowned.

?You know, this isn?t, like?nice, really.? Dani snorted and his arm tightened around Moses? shoulders, pulling him closer so it looked to anyone who would possibly walk by like they were two brothers having fun.

?And this should matter to me?how? Look, the docks are nice; you?ll like ?em.?

The docks, the docks?Moses thought hard, trying to come up with a reason for why he was being dragged to the dock. You could practically hear his brain whirring as it went over what it knew of docks.

Ships?workers?crates?Well, he could rule out Dani locking him in a crate, couldn?t he? Yeah. Nothing to be gained out of being locked in a trunk other than scaring him if he was claustrophobic?which he was?but that couldn?t be the reason.

He noticed Dani watching him with a half smile on his incredulous face and his forehead wrinkled as he ducked his head and turned back to his thoughts. Why the docks? Why the?docks. Ships! Ships came in by water and?oh. Water. Not good?

?Look, I don?t like the docks and?uhm?I need to get home, ?cause my pare ? Ken and Nance get up to head to work soon an? I need to be home?? He closed his eyes briefly at the pitiful lie but then shrugged it off, pulling at Dani?s arm and trying to duck beneath it.

Dani raised his eyebrow and shifted so that his grip tightened even more and Moses stopped twisting. Moses scuffed his shoes against the sidewalk and stared straight ahead as he shoved both hands into his pockets ? nodding at anyone who passed (They weren?t many) and thinking about the docks and, subsequently, the water.

So caught up in thinking about the water was Moses that he didn?t notice when Dani guided him down a side street and then along a shaky dock at the end of a long line of docks. When they got to the end Dani pulled them to a halt and looked at the water that was beneath him.

?Gonna jump, or am I going to push you in?? Moses stared down at the chilly looking water and could feel his knees begin to lock up as he turned his gaze back to Dani. Dani shrugged nonchalantly and reached out, planting a hand in the middle of Moses? chest and pushing him off the end of the dock into the choppy waves a good three feet from the dock end.

Oh crud.

Moses went down?and so did the water that should have technically covered him. There was a two foot radius all the way around him, beneath him and above him but still he went down further until it covered the spot he?d previously been in.

The water as it was displaced started to gain pressure and soon it flew up like a pillar, spraying the dock and the surrounding water before settling back down into something that resembled calm.

But Moses didn?t come back up and there were no disturbances in the water anywhere nearby. None.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

After the long night in jail, Brian had been released with no more than a slap on the wrist. Dani had gotten out first, followed by Charles and himself. Brian waited in the station for a few minutes trying to get his things. Also, he didn't really want to meet Dani or Charles once he walked outside.

When he opened the tinted glass door to the police station, the morning sun shone brightly in his eyes. [B][I]This sucks,[/I][/B] he thought as he began walking across the street, not able to see. He was going to sit down on the bench, but one he got close enough he saw Charles already seated there. [B][I]This sucks even more![/I][/B] he cursed in his brain.

Basically, he was officially dead, he'd been to jail where he made some enemies, and he barely got a chance to talk to that Cathrine girl. Since the bench was unavailabe, Brian just ignored Charles and kept walking down the sidewalk, hoping to find a park or another cafe that he could rest at for a while. After that, he'd have to find some other way of getting a couple of dollars to call his manager back in Hollywood; he could wire some money to him and Brian could get back to Oklahoma to see his mom real quick. This whole trip was a complete disaster.

It took quite a while, but Brian eventually found a place he wanted. There was a brochure shop with several different maps, but the city map actually cost money... [B][I]That's bullshit,[/I][/B] he cursed again. With the urge to fight back his powers dwindling and the headaches coming back, Brian waited for the door to open, and just like that, he sent a gust of wind into the store, blowing all of the maps around in a small whirlwind. When the map he needed blew out of the small shop, Brian let his powers subside and the door closed with a small click, leaving the unfortunte store worker inside all alone to pick up all the maps and brochures.

Brian's headache was gone, and in fact he felt like he had enough energy to run a marathon. But it never lasted long; in about 45 minutes his head would be throbbing worse than it was before his power was used. The street wasn't too crowded, and the store had just opened so Brian didn't expect to get much attention from the use of his powers. But the sun was starting to hurt his eyes and that would only bring the migrane back quicker so Brian set off down a road that was shaded by a tall building. At the end of the street. He turned another corner only, to his most extreme displeasure, to find-- or rather nearly bump into Dani and the one called Moses.

He had to stop to keep from catching Dani's attention, but the boy saw Brian and gave him a deep look of helplessness. He wanted Brian to help him out. [B][I]What the hell am I supposed to do? This gothtard freaks the hell outta me! Sorry kid, you're on your own.[/I][/B]

Since Brian had put on his jacket, he guessed that Dani wouldn't recognize him if he didn't see his face. It would seem too obvious if Brian just stopped and then ran away. So he calmly put his head down, (so great at blending in) and walked by Dani and Moses until he was sure he was out of site.

[B][I]Let's not add gas to the fire. Whatever happens to the kid, happens. At least Dani won't kill him.[/I][/B] he told himself, trying to sound optimistic. But Brian knew that even if Moses didn't die, nothing good could come from the wierd goth man.

Brian pulled out his map that he'd stolen just earlier and saw that the park that he was looking for was just across the street. If he'd been paying more attention he could have seen it from the shop. It was time to relax, and the warmth of the sun made Brian think that a trip to the park was a good idea.

[B][I]"I sure hope the kid comes out alright though."[/I][/B]

~~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: Sorry it took me so long to fix that post. But I got it changed so as to avoid the confusion.

[SIZE=1]Dani raised his arms over his head in a futile attempt to cover the water that had splashed up from the dock. He backed away from the water, gazing at the sheer amount that had been flung into the air. Wow, some power. The wood below Dani soon became coated with wet, slippery water, causing Dani to slip whilst he walked back and hit the wood with a crack. He momentarily took notice of the map that seemed to be stuck stubbornly too his shoe, tearing it off and shoving it in his pocket with little interest.

The water fell back to its original spot (most of it) and Dani looked up cautiously. He could just imagine another lot of water bursting up from the docks, he could just imagine him walking home soaking wet. Thankfully, it didn?t happen. Dragging in a harsh breath, Dani patted the map in his pocket, which had blown in his face almost deliberately. He decided to concentrate of that part of his mini adventure later, right now he was more interested in Moses.

The gothic man crouched down at the water?s edge, squinting for any signs of shadows. Nothing. He made a face that indicated he was frustrated, wondering if perhaps one of the others had gotten involved. One of them probably had something to do with the mysterious flying paper, really.

?Why was the water so calm?

Dani narrowed his eyes suspiciously. Where the [i]hell[/i] was Moses? Dani was started to breath quite unevenly now. Worried? No, he wasn?t allowed to get worried. He patted his pockets, looking frantically for his lighter. His panic and anxiety increased when he noticed he had forgotten it.

[I][B]Shit boy. Shit. Don?t you dare die. Don?t you fuckin? die?[/B][/I]

Dani repeated it over and over in his head. He heard other voices, other parts of him telling him that he didn?t care. It was just a boy. Dani wasn?t allowed to worry. He wasn?t allowed to care.

[I][B]I?m not a cold hearted murderer?[/I][/B]

That was all he needed to convince himself. Since Moses wasn?t going to rise to the surface on his own, Dani?d have to get him. He took off his jacket, not wanting it to weigh him down and considered for a moment. When it became apparent that Moses probably couldn?t stay under the water forever Dani launched himself head first into the water.

Cold water rushed against his face, his shoulders, his legs and then his entire body. At first it was shocking, he kind of regretted pushing Moses in. Anyway, that didn?t matter. Dani wasn?t going to be a murderer. He rushed around in the cold water even though he struggled to see and hold his breath properly. When he figured Moses wasn?t going to be floating near the bloody surface, he swam deeper.

And that?s when he saw it. He came to a sudden halt, blowing out a lot of useful air through his nose by accident. It took him awhile to believe his own eyes, but he guessed being a gifted little guy it was true. There was a bubble around Moses, somewhat blurry due to the water obscuring Dani?s sight, and it seemed to be completely void of water. Dani was merely interested to see so he darted himself forward (despite his limited air)? a little too quickly. By the time he reached Moses? mysterious bubble Dani had thrown himself right into it.

Shoot a hole in a space ship, space ship gets forced a part. Enough Sci-Fi?s informed Dani of that.

When the water rushed into Moses? freaky little bubble Dani?s first instinct was to grab him, even with his eyes closed. The water?s power almost ripped Moses? from Dani?s grip but he managed to keep hold of Moses? collar. Dani suddenly became aware of how tight his chest was becoming and how much he was straining to breathe. He pulled Moses into a headlock, not a hard one, and forced himself up to the surface.

Luckily, Dani had swam to the docks and managed to grab onto the slippery wood with his spare hand. He brought himself up, coughing and choking just like Moses. Dani flung Moses onto the dock with quite some force for a man who nearly drowned. Having no desire to die himself, Dani pulled himself up shakily. His fingers couldn?t latch onto the wood and he slipped back in with an uncharacteristic frighten gasp.

[B][I]Oh God. You?re going to die.[/I][/B]

Dani wasn?t sure whether or not he was talking to Moses or talking about himself, he just felt pretty shaken up. No doubt Moses felt worse. After swallowing at least a tank full of water, Dani was concerned enough for his own life that he darted for the surface once more. This time he got a good grip, dragging himself up like he couldn?t move his legs (he doubted very much he could).

[B][I]I?ll just die here for now..[/I][/B] He thought to himself whilst crouched over and spewing out water. [B][I]Yeah? just? here?s fine?[/I][/B][/SIZE]

OOC: Sorry it's taken me soo long to post, life's a tad bit crazy at the moment.

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"So do you want me to give you a ride or not?"[/b] Eddie asked.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Yeah sure, just take some where to get some sunglasses, I'll be good from there, I don't want to make you cart me around."[/b] Dorian replied, opening his eyes a bit and looking at the dark blob that was probably Eddie.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Ok, we gotta walk back to my car, but it's not to far away."[/b] Eddie said gently placing an arm around Dorian. It was the only way to lead him really without looking like lovers holding hands, though something was off, Eddie's arm was cold, almost as if it was ice.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Thanks, I appreciate it"[/b] Dorian glanced back at the police station as they walked away, using his powers the lights in and around the police station exploded as it was engulfed in darkness for an instant. [i]"Not enough to make them crazy, serves 'em right though"[/i][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Whoa did you see that? Er, guess not, some crazy clouds blocking the sun or something."[/b] Eddie asked Dorian, but realizing his eyes were still shut tight. The men walked in an akward silence, Dorian's steps quick and graceful despite his lack of sight, his other senses had adapted rather well since his powers manifested.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][i]"Dani...."[/i] Dorian thought forming a mental image of the man in his head, remembering the feelings and thoughts that appeared when Dani slapped him. [i]"Dani hopefully I don't see him again, if he can be civil we're cool, but I don't think he'll ever be civil, so I'll just consider him a problem, why not after the hell he put me throught..... everyone though, respect begits respect, show none, get none."[/i] Dorian thought the sound of the city, and their footsteps, steadily rising and falling.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]It was Eddie that broke the silence first. [b]"So how long have you had this eye problem?"[/b][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Since I was a kid, I developed a form a retina scaring that makes my eyes extremly sensitive to light, but I can see extraordinarily well in the dark, that is unless I have sunglasses, but even then I still struggle during the day."[/b] Dorian lied taking each step gracefully, at a quick pace, his other senses had adapted well since his powers manifested.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Oh that sucks, I guess you were never 'fraid of the dark though"[/b] Eddie replied turning Dorian down a street, though he was still very light with his contact, almost like he was afraid to touch.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Wouldn't say that, so you always this cold?"[/b] Dorian asked, raising an eyebrow with his eyes still closes, a rather odd expression, A sudden breeze whirling around them, causing a slight tingle in Dorians spine.[/color][/size]

OOC: Sorry it's such a short crappy post, it's kinda hard to post in detail when you character can't see. It just all seems to be talking or thinking, but soon enough he'll be back in the world of darkness :p.

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B][B]?Good morning ma?am, what will you be drinking today??[/B]

Just as Juliet had felt a spine-chilling feeling yesterday, she had felt a prickle trail down her back. She looked up to see who had spoken to her and found a warm smile belonging to a tall?boy, as she categorized any male younger than her. She knew instantly, though, that this boy had a power like the goth- and probably like the rest of the ones in the jail.

[B]?I?ll be drinking a Kahlua Bomb.?[/B] The bartender nodded and went on to making her drink. Juliet couldn?t help but wonder what his power was yet she dared not ask. Instead, she bade him through conversation to get him to open up. [B]?So where?s the regular bartender??

?He called in sick today. I guess I?ll have to do for now.?[/B] The bartender turned and handed Juliet her drink. She took small sips at first but suddenly downed it as if it was nothing. [B]?Another??[/B] Juliet shook her glass and the bartender took it. He chuckled asking, [B]?I never knew anyone came to drink this early in the morning.?

?Well, I?m not [i]anyone[/i].?[/B] Juliet said with a raised brow and glass to her lips.

The bartender chuckled again and went on to cleaning out the glasses as Juliet drank her second glass. Just then the doors opened and from the corner of her eye, Juliet saw the figure of a man. She got the same feeling from him as she did from the bartender. No doubt this man was also one with power. She felt him sit beside her as she finished her second drink. She made no indication of acknowledging him nor did he.[/size][/color]

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Zane?s unconscious mind was still wandering about the theory he had comprised. The only question now was how was he going to figure out who was the one that he had needed to abduct and how would he go about doing so? He took out the newly purchased lighter he had bought while on his walk and began to play with it. Occasionally flicking it, causing some sparks to fly out of it. After more decisions were made on just how he was going to go about his day, Zane had eventually managed to slip his way into a bar. Perhaps a drink?.or two?.or six would be enough to clear his head of these thoughts and maybe come up with some kind of an idea.

By the time he had found his way into a seat the bartender was already dealing another woman her drink, err drinks actually. It was a fortunate thing that Zane was either too tired or just too unwilling to even move for the moment. Otherwise, he would have probably made some kind of a witty comment at this. Zane placed both of his hands down onto the countertop and rest his face on them, making it look like he had a hang over of some kind. To be honest though, it was nothing more than a simple case of sleep deprivation.

[B]?Oi??[/B] Zane seemed to mummer in almost a lifeless tone, [B]?Can I have some Vonateate?? [/B] His words seemed as if to just die off at the end of his sentence.

The bartender, now finally hearing Zane?s odd slur of words, finally managed to go over and try to attend to the man. [B]?Um?excuse me??[/B]

Now to most people who were in his current state, would probably just belch out their words in a kind of angry manor along with some very colorful words. Yet it was this that Zane had intentionly tried to avoid, he had no reason to go and create a scene, especially this early in the day[B].? Just give me some Vodka on the rocks?? [/B] He sighed again and placed his head on the table trying to just become organized.

However, it was at this moment that Zane had finally looked at the woman who he was sitting beside. Her appearance was vaguely familiar to him so he went on with his own business until he realized it. She was one of the people whom were at the jail cell, which was all he needed to confirm that she had power. Now all the pieces were slowly falling into place.

[B]?You are one of those people who posses? powers aren?t you?? [/B] Zane said to her still waiting for his drink.[B] ?I saw you there, at the jail cell with all of them.?[/b] right after he said these words he let out a breif cough.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2][FONT=Georgiasay tha]OOC: Man i was waiting forever for you to post.
[CENTER]-------[/CENTER]
[B]"Wouldn't say that, so you always this cold?" [/B] Dorian asked, raising an eyebrow with his eyes still closes, a rather odd expression, A sudden breeze whirling around them, causing a slight tingle in Dorians spine.

[B]?Crap. How should I respond to this??[/B] Eddie asked himself. He wasn?t sure if Dorian was one of the bad guys since he was involved in that fight. [B]?Well, I don?t have a jacket and its pretty cold this morning.?[/B] He said. [B]?that?s a crappy excuse?.? ? and I really wasn?t expecting to stay in jail overnight??[/B]

[B]?hehe I know what you mean.?[/B] replied Dorian. [B]?Phew I think he bought it. but I cant keep it a secret forever.?[/B]

They finally got to his car and Eddie showed him the door. They got in and Eddie started driving in no particular direction. [B]?Any particular type of music you like to listen to??[/B] Eddie asked as he was flipping the stations. [B]?not really ill listen to just about anything.?[/B] Dorian Replied. Eddie put the radio on a little known rock station. [B]?Do you have a specific place you want to buy your sunglasses?? ?Yeah, if you can take me to Skyline, that would be great.?[/B] Dorian said. [B]?Alrighty then Skyline it is.?[/B] And with that Eddie drove off. The radio was playing [B]CREEP[/B] by [B]RADIOHEAD. ?How ironic that the first song we here is this one.?[/B] Eddie thought to himself. Right after the song the station went to a commercial.

[I][CENTER]Zodiac: The Gifts and the Curses!

Come and see the wonder of the 21st century, a once in a life time chance to witness the power of the stars!

For centuries, mankind has fabricated legends around these birth signs and many people believed them. The stars were the key to our curiosity, they always have been. But many people believe the myths around birth signs and the zodiac to simply be fantasy, a lucky guess at our personalities. The stars had granted us scared nights in which we are at our best, qualities for our personalities beyond our imagination and now they offer us one more thing: power!

Many, of course, will not believe this. We invite you to witness evidence that the stars themselves have granted several chosen ones unlimited power! Come to the Harlem Academy to learn more about these secret, gifted humans! From burning objects to the touch, breathing deadly gases and enforces dark images into ones mind?[/CENTER][/I]

The radio played the same commercial advertisement that Eddie heard yesterday before he almost hit that retard that was in the road. Both Eddie and Dorian were quiet after the commercial. They both new theY each had powers but they weren?t sure what they were and the tension between both of them started to grow. Besides the radio playing music there was not a sound coming from either of them until finally. [B]?Do you think there are many more like us??[/B] Eddie asked.
[/FONT] [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Beth stared for a few seconds before recovering, colour rising in her pale cheeks as Charles practically scolded her.

[B]"I just..." [/B] she shrugged and sighed, sticking her hands deep into her pockets where she touched upon the crumbled letter again, remembering it's strange contents and why she'd made such an effort to talk to Charles in the first place. She took the letter out and unfolded it, ignoring the annoyed remark by Charles as she took her attention away from him.

[B]"Charles."[/B] she said quite suddenly, seeming to take him off guard. [B]"Did you happen to see something like this yesterday?"[/B] she held the letter up at his eye level so he could look at it before he batted her hand away.

[B]"What if I did?"[/B]

Beth sighed at his stubbornness and tucked the letter away again, moving over to the bench so she could sit down and beckoning for Charles to do the same. He sat, albeit reluctantly, and moved so he was at the opposite end of the bench. Beth politely ignored the fact he was trying to distance himself from her and shuffled up next to him, holding onto the tips of her gloves.

[B]"I think you have a power, Charles, so I want to show you mine. It's why I was so keen to talk to you in the first place."[/B]

Before he could object Beth tugged the glove off her hand, the freed raw electricity crackling and sparking in the air, causing a few strands of her hair to drift upwards due to the static.

Charles stared at her hand for a while before flicking his eyes up to the young woman's face, a small smirk in his hard features.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]As the water closed in around him and for the first time in a while Moses was not forced to concentrate to draw the water to himself his mind blanked out. Vaguelly he could feel Dani's arm holding him in a headlock but as water flooded into his mouth that, too, was pushed from his mind as his throat began to burn.

Three, four, five seconds later and he was aloft -- only to land once more on the hard, slippery wood of the dock, gasping and choking as he rolled onto his side in time to see Dani slip over the edge again.

[b][i]Oh God. You?re going to die.[/i][/b]

Moses' eyes widened at the words though he could not tell whom they were directed at and he was just about to peer over the dock for the dark man when a hand gripped the edge again and Dani pulled himself up to crouch -- coughing -- on the dock. Water dripped from Dani and spewed from his mouth as he got rid of the frigid water in his lungs.

Coughing the rest of the water from his own lungs Moses sat up, watching as the dock around him dried quickly and the amount that had been soaking through his clothing and dripping from his hair seemed to be repelled like two magnets forced too close together amd sprayed Dani.

Finally he directed his gaze to the man who was still crouched down on the docks.

"...I'm sorry you nearly drowned...really I am." He backed up slightly in case the other man should explode with anger at him -- he honestly hadn't known he wouldn't be able to get back to the surface...he honestly hadn't. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Times New Roman][B]"I think you have a power, Charles, so I want to show you mine. It's why I was so keen to talk to you in the first place."[/B]

[B][i]yeah, yeah so wha...holy...[/i] [/B]The discharge when she took the gloves off was enough to make his skin prickle; it was hard to keep the wonder off his face when her own electricity sent her hair everywhere. He hid it with a smirk.

[B][i]...great...now she's going to want to know yours...[/i][/B] He cleared his throat.

[B]"Yeah, sure, that's...cool, I guess. What is this, show and tell?" [i]hey, jerk, cool it, she's been nothing but nice[/i].[/B] He winced inside, maintaining the smirk - until she looked at him, expression unchanged.
[B]
"...that...I'm s-sorry."[/B] He had to force the word out. [B]"I'm not trying to be a jerk. It just comes naturally."[/B] He reached out and gently brushed his fingers across her arm; her skin was cool, almost cold to his touch, even though he was willing to bet she was a nice, healthy 98.6. She gasped, slightly, and he shivered, pulling his hand away long before it could burn.

[B]"There's what I do...did you see the freak's neck?" [/B]He laughed, harshly, trying to shake the images back out of his head.[B] "I give a whole new meaning to the term hot blooded."[/B] He thought about leaving again, but turned back to face Beth instead.

[B]"Can I see the paper again?"[/B] She passed it over. He took it gently, not holding it tight, not wanting to scourch the edges. He read slowly, mouthing each word. [B][i]"Many, of course, will not believe this. We invite you to witness evidence that the stars themselves have granted several chosen ones unlimited power! Come to the Harlem Academy to learn more about these secret, gifted humans! From burning objects to the touch, breathing deadly gases and enforces dark images into ones mind?"[/i][/B] He growled.

[B]"Sounds crazy. Like some...game, some comic book. This is the real world, not freakin' X-men."[/B]

[B]"Yeah...well...it looks pretty real from where I'm sitting..."[/B] Beth's quiet answer made him drop the paper back into her hand. He rose to his feet, sliding his hands into his jacket pocket.

[B]"Feel like going for a walk?"[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][I]OOC: Gah, cruddy post, sorry >_<;;[/I]

----

Dani, after admitting to actually having human emotions, didn?t know what to do with himself. If anyone knew he wasn?t as solid as they perceived then he could guarantee his life would get a lot harder; when people weren?t scared of him they?d hate him and act on it. Weakness, Dani thought. Find a chink in the armour and you exploit it, he didn?t really want [I]that[/I] to happen.

Refusing to let someone die wasn?t really that weak, anyway, right?

[B]?I? uh? thanks??[/B] Moses said between watery coughs. He had opened his mouth to speak again until Dani looked up at him, shaking his head to shut Moses up. Dani stood up, shakily, still with his eyes locked on Moses.

[B]?Don?t tell anyone.?[/B] Dani stated, sternly. [B]?I?m probably a bit of a sadist, and a scary kinda guy, but I ain?t no cold murderer. People deserve to suffer, that don?t mean they deserve to die. Not by my hands, anyway.?[/B]

Moses blinked at him for a moment, thinking. [B]?Oh... ?kay. That was weird. That was really, like? strange and??[/B] he trailed off, getting a weird look from Dani. Dani wasn?t sure if Moses was referring to the whole experience or just Dani?s excuse for being a sadistic life saver.

[B]?Yeah, sure. You?ve got some pretty cool powers, ?cept you can?t swim.?[/B] Moses narrowed his eyes at Dani. [B]?I don?t reckon I need to show off my powers. Think you might already know. Alright, enough of this, I?ll walk you home.?[/B]

Dani rolled his shoulders wearily and walked up to Moses, extending a hand. Moses wasn?t as gullible as he thought. His body either hadn?t received the message his brain had sent him yet or Moses was pondering whether of not to trust Dani.

[B]?I?m not going to push you into the dock, nor am I going to kill you anytime soon. I said I?d walk you back home and I will.?[/B] Dani rolled his eyes.

Moses frowned, looking like he was still thinking. He accepted Dani?s hand and allowed the goth-man to drag him upright, but Dani didn?t let go. Instead he pulled Moses forward and leaned towards him, whispering in his ear.

[B]?This [I]doesn?t[/i] mean I like you.?[/B]

Moses? eyes widened somewhat and Dani just laughed, coughing halfway in-between (damn water) and patting Moses hard on the back to force him forward. Dani wasn?t ever going to the docks again, he didn?t think Moses would, either. Made sense, really?

Dani didn?t say much on the way back. His head was hurting now, he felt a little jumpy as well and wasn?t in the mood for his normal antics. City was getting crowded now, Dani just hoped he didn?t run into any of the other goons with powers? and he hoped if he did, they wouldn?t decide to bring justice to Dani.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]?Do you think there are many more like us??[/b] Eddie asked. [/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"You assume too much."[/b] Dorian replied with a smirk, though it faded to a frown as he continued [b]"I don't think it would make much sense if there where a few, maybe not a lot but a decent about, and I'm positive Dani is one of 'us'."[/b] Dorian finished adding a rather cynical tone on the word us.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Geez"[/b] Eddie shook his head at the emphasis on us, muttering under his breath in spanish. [b]"So what makes you so sure about Dani, not to doubt you, I was thinking about him as well, but what makes you so sure?"[/b][/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Just a feeling that I got when he touched me, not something I'd care to feel again, but I don't think he was expecting it either"[/b] Dorian's voice came to a slow halt, his memory remembering the flash of pain and agony that swept over him, but with that flash came a name, Dani. [b]"I think it's safe to say Juliet has powers too, the way she handled Dani."[/b][/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"You might be right, anyways we're here."[/b] Eddie spoke, his tone going from serious to some what merry.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray]Dorian listened as Eddie put the car in park, he could hear the gears lock as the car sat still. Opening his door the he stepped out taking a deep breath of the fresh air, [i]"Damn it will feel good to open my eyes and actually see."[/i] Dorian thought, slightly opening one of his eyes, but shutting it quickly at the brightness of the world. Eddie's footsteps echoed around the car as he walked over putting his arm around 's[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Dorian's neck. [/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Ok lets go."[/b] The man said as he settled his arm stepping foward, Dorian following in stride.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"So what are you're powers frosty?"[/b] Dorian smirked again, almost laughing.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Frosty eh, well you gotta be able to see them first."[/b] Eddie replied smoothly as he opened the door.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray]Leading Dorian up to the counter Eddie said[b] "So do I need to pick them for you or would you rather choose at random?"[/b] [/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Eh, just pick one for me to try on, from there I can pick my own."[/b] Dorian replied, leaning on the counter.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray]He heard Eddie talking to the clerk, talking rather enthusiaticly, but Dorian could make out what they were saying over the music. He started to hum to the mellow beat, an old habit when Eddie returned placing the glasses in his hand with a brief [i]'here'[/i].[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray]Putting the shades over his eyes, Dorian looked around, not perfect but much better, at least he could see, even if stuff was still brighter than his usual shades. Turning around he looked in a mirror and almost threw the glasses off. They were pink leopard spotted shades with a deep purple lens. Turning he looked at a smiling Eddie, and a giggling female clerk. [/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"The pink's not bad but the leopard print is totally off."[/b] Dorian replied cooly walking past Eddie to a case of Spy brand classes behind him. [/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray]It didn't take Dorian long to choose a pair of Grey Spys with pitch black lenses. Walking out of the store, he turned to Eddie, [b]"Thanks for the ride, care to go out for a drink, as a thank you? And you still gotta show me those powers of yours, eh frosty."[/b] Dorian finished with a laugh.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]OOC: Frosty LOL?
[CENTER]----------------[/CENTER]

[B]"Thanks for the ride, care to go out for a drink, as a thank you? And you still gotta show me those powers of yours, eh frosty."[/B] Dorian finished with a laugh.

Eddie couldn?t help but laugh at being called frosty. [B]?I guess that?s an appropriate name? [/B] he thought to himself. [B]?Yeah ill take you up on that offer, blindy. You know I never did get to check out that bar yesterday. What with all that happened yesterday and all.? ?You want to go back to that place?? [/B] Dorian asked. [B]?Well what are the chances of what happened yesterday happening again? For all we know that pendejo (Dani) is somewhere else making someone else?s life miserable. I also doubt we run into anyone else from the jail.? ?Well I guess your right, but you still have to show me your powers, frosty.?[/B] Eddie laughed again at the name. [B]?Well I wouldn?t really call mine a power its more of a curse..? [/B] Eddie said starting to get serious.

Both Dorian and Eddie got into his car and Eddie drove off back to Destiny's Paradise which is where everything went downhill. [B]?What do we do if they are still hanging around?? [/B] Eddie asked. [B]?Now you start thinking about it? well as long its not Dani or Charles we should be fine.? [/B] Eddie pulled up and the bar/café/restaurant and park his car across the street. He looked around and didn?t see anyone suspicious. [B]?Ok were good.? [/B] Eddie said as they got out and walked in. They saw what looked like a couple sitting at the bar getting a drink. [B]?kinda early to be getting a drink?but who am I to talk.? [/B] He thought to himself. They sat down at the bar a little bit far from the two that were already sitting down. [B]?So then Frosty you gonna show me your powers now?? [/B] Dorian asked. [B]?Calmate mi amigo (calm down my friend) I?ll show it to you in just a bit.? [/B]

The Bartender came up to them. [B]?What would you gentlemen like this morning?? [/B] he asked. [B]?This kid looks a little young to be making drink but whatever.? [/B] Eddie thought to himself. ?[B]I?ll have an AMF and some hot tea. I don?t care which kind.? [/B] The bartender gave him a kinda confused looked but wrote it down and he got Dorian?s order as well. [B]?Let me guess you can make ice out of hot water.? [/B] Dorian said sarcastically [B]?You know I haven?t tried that but no I'm not sure if I can do that. While were waiting let me show you one my ?gifts.?[/B] Eddie looked around making sure no one case see them. [B]?ok give me a light slap on my wrist. If I did it to myself it wouldn?t work.? [/B] Dorian gave him an uneasy look. He wasn?t sure what to expect. [B]?Trust me, blindy, as long as you give me a light tap it won?t hurt you.? [/B] Eddie said. [B]?Yeah that makes me feel a lot safer.?[/B] Dorain responded.

Dorian tapped Eddies hand real quick and saw what looked like ice sticking out of his hand. [B]?What the hell??[/B] Dorian said looking shocked and confused. [B]?When ever there?s too much force on my skin these little icicles come out. The more force the bigger and faster they come out.? [/B] The bartender came back with their drinks and Eddie hid his hand.[B] ?Here you go Gentlemen.? [/B] As soon as he left Eddie grab the hot tea. [B]?Here?s my second ?gift?[/B] Eddie said as he poured the hot tea on his hand. Dorian looked in shock as he poured a good amount of the tea on his hand and yet Eddie was fazed by it. [B]?Now look at my hand.? [/B] Dorian saw that Eddies hand was covered with ice. [B]?Whenever I get too hot I get covered with Ice. I guess it?s a self defense.?[/B] Eddie grabbed his AMF and asked [B]?Well I showed you mine, you gonna show me yours, blindy?? [/B]
[CENTER]-----------------------[/CENTER]

OOC: sorry for the long post. Also I'm not sure on the final word about this place is it a bar, café or restaurant. ill just give it a name. well call it Destiny's Paradies that way if other people pass by or they see it on the news they know what place they are talking about.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1] OOC: Why does everyone think that Cairo is a kid? He's only 20.......lol
[center]++++++++++++[/center]

[B]" Um....excuse me?"[/b] Cairo said as he tried to understand what Vonateate was.

[b]" Just give me some Vodka on the rocks?"[/B] the man said tiredly as he placed his head on the counter. While Cairo turned around and began to make the drink, he noticed that two began to make conversation and couldn't help overhearing. [b]" You are one of those people who posses? powers aren?t you? I saw you there, at the jail cell with all of them."[/b] As the man made a slight cough, Cairo couldn't believe what he was hearing.

[i][b]" These people have abilities like me....!?"[/b][/i] he thought to himself, [b][i]" 'But this guy also said that they were recently in jail......which means that these have to be some of the people who were fighting yesterday. I better play it cool, at least until I know more about them....after all I did promise Officer Christianson that I'd be safe.'[/i] " Here you are sir, one Vodka on the Rocks, enjoy!"[/b]

Even though the man asked her a question, the woman just continued to quietly sip on her drink. At that moment two guys walked into Destiny's Paradice, one seemed to be a latino and the other, an intense looking black man with shades on. It was then that Cairo felt it......it was as if there were a connection between him and one of the men that had just walked in, getting curious and awestruck at the same time, Cairo decided that now was the time to actually do his job. As he walked towards their table, he didn't know how to react to all these strange occurances that were appearing, so he decided that he'd continue to act normal. [b]?What would you gentlemen like this morning??

?I?ll have an AMF and some hot tea. I don?t care which kind."[/b] Scribbling down the orders with a slightly confused look on his face, Cairo began to think,

[b][i]" Well, I don't feel the vibe form this guy.....so it must be the shaded one."[/b][/i] and with that, he headed towards the bar to prepare the drinks. But as he headed back, Cairo couldn't believe his eyes, a pointed piece of ice came out of the latino's hand when the shaded guy touched him. [b]" I knew it..."[/b] Cairo mumbled as he got closer to the table. As he approached them, the latino quickly tucked his hand under the table. [b]?Here you go Gentlemen.?[/b] When Cairo began to leave the table, the only thing he could think was, [b][i]" One down....three more to go."[/b][/i] [/SIZE][/font]

OOC: AAAH! I can't get on anymore cause of school and my stupid mom! I think I'm slowing down the RP, I think I need to find a way to have Cathrine help one last time then dissappear or something...

After Cathrine finally stepped out of the police station, nearly evreyone was already gone. She had taken so long to get out, trying to memorize her surroundings, just in case she wound up in the same place again. She then walked aaimlessly, wondering what next, and who freed her.

[SIZE=1][I]OOC: Uh oh. So are you dropping out Ginkaze? Ah damn. S?okay though, I know stuff can get pretty hectic at times ^_^;;

Next post of mine = new chapter. You guys in the café/bar/that place which Only named (hehe =p ) can go have some fun. I started the action last time, you can, if you want, start some this time round. Moving on to the next chapter shouldn?t effect anyone but our villains. That should explain my post? and the mysterious dude in it? Lol, no worries, anything mysterious will end up being explained at one point >_< since every character knows about each other now we can REALLY rock![/I]

[B]?It?s this way? I think??[/B]

Dani rolled his eyes behind Moses. He wondered if the kid was for real, was it possible for someone to be so forgetful that they had trouble remembering the directions to their own home? Eh, it was hard to shrug off anything after the events that had taken place in the last couple of days. He also had a pretty dark feeling in the pit of his stomach that things were going to get interesting. [I]Real[/I] interesting.

He was quite fascinated at watching Moses trying to gathering his surroundings and his ?concentrating? looks, after awhile though Dani became somewhat bored. He wanted to go home and? sleep? Yeah, sleep. Actually, he wanted to play on the drums, but he didn?t have a drum set. Maybe a few pots and pans would do?

His head snapped up when he heard voices ahead of him. Normally, people would mean either Dani could hate them or be a bit of a freak in front of them but he was instantly worried about the familiarity of those voices. When he caught sight of Charles, walking some distance in front of them with a girl he also recognized as Beth, Dani reacted as fast as he could. He snagged Moses? shirt collar and pulled him back around the corner, wheeling him backwards into a nearby alley. Dani wasn?t sure, but he got the impression that Charles may have caught a glimpse of him.

[B]?I just saw Charles. Not that he?s anything to be afraid of, I just don?t think we should disturb him and his girlfriend.?[/B]

Moses blinked at him questioningly.

[B]?Charles? The guy we saw in jail??[/B]

Moses diverted his eyes to the floor for a moment, thinking, then back up to the sky. When it seemed he finally clocked on Dani lost interest.

[B]?Never mind. I?m sure he likes you, so you?ll be fine. You can go home without me. I reckon you?re far better off if Charles doesn?t know you?ve been hangin? ?round with me. Just don?t tell him I tried to kill you or I truly will.?[/B] Dani threatened. Moses looked slightly unnerved. [B]?Christ sake, kid, I?m jokin?! I won?t kill you. Get yourself home ? if you can remember where that is ? and I?ll see you around sometime.?[/B]

Dani gave Moses and slight nod and began to back off down the alley, letting Moses walk back out onto the streets.

[B]??Kay, I?ll see you later, Dani, I guess.?[/B]

Dani stopped in his tracks with his jaw half open. For one, he forgot he told the kid his name at some point and for two he was pretty damn shocked that idiot had just yelled that out. Great. A confrontation with Charles and his girlfriend. Christmas had come early for once? Dani hated Christmas, anyway. Despite an overwhelming urge to try and beat Charles into the ground, Dani decided after nearly drowning he didn?t want to put himself in too much bother. He just turned back down the alley way shaking his head and rolling his eyes.

So now Dani?s life had taken a turn into the shadows where he couldn?t see for once. He had admitted to saving someone?s life, admitted to feeling [I]guilty[/I] about killing people (yet surprisingly he would love more than anything in the world to kill them) and he was now involved with a group of 13 people like himself. No doubt they were all pretty insane.

He turned a corner with a sigh and lent against the damp brick building, closing his eyes. Yep, life had just got a lot more interesting. He was about to take out his notepad and write down some stuff, mostly what he had learnt about Moses? powers, until he heard something. Footsteps, perhaps? He stood up probably and looked at the entrance he had turned down accusingly, squinting to see any shadows around the corner. There were none, so Dani claimed down, leaning back on the wall and taking out his notes.

There was a brief pause in Dani?s normally fast thinking when it came to writing down what he had noticed so far. He realised for a moment he didn?t need to explain Moses? powers on paper, he?d pretty much remember all of them even if he were drunk.

Dani?s head jolted to the side when he once again heard a sound that shouldn?t have been there. It wasn?t in his head nor was it a product of the dank, dirty alley around him. Screwing up the note and putting it in his pocket, Dani cocked his head at the sound, feeling somewhat annoyed when a strange looking shadow popped its head around the corner on the floor. Dani was sure it would be Charles.

Angry, Dani clenched his hands into fists and darted around the corner, expecting to come face to face (more like nose to nose) with a pretty pissed off Charles.

Dani hated being wrong.

He was met with a pair of surprisingly calm eyes, rich blue and looking down at Dani. Knowing they weren?t Charles, Dani backed off, getting a clear view of a man he had never seen before in his life. A tall, lean man, stood with hands behind his back and a pretty stone-solid face. It Dani wasn?t straight, he?d say the man stood in front of him was slightly attractive with such a clean look and the way he even kept his dark black hair proper. In fact, the man?s entire presence was clean and simple, yet somehow there was something else to him. Something Dani didn?t like.

[B]?Who the fuck?re yo--?[/B] Dani started. The man gave him a smirk, a pretty mocking smirk, before turning around slowly and starting to walk off. Now Dani, finding this highly offensive, raced off towards the man. He caught up with him fast and reached out to grab his shoulder, until Dani was suddenly tripped up by his own two feet. Slightly shocked at his own clumsiness Dani fell on the floor with a loud thud, too surprised to get up quick enough.

He rolled over onto his back with a groan, pain shooting through his jaw and chest. He caught the glimpse of the man?s upside-down image rushing off down the street, cursing under his breath.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Juliet smirked as her index finger circled the rim of her glass. She looked up and drank the last of the contents in her glass before answering this person. However, just as she was about to two men walked in and caused her to become distracted. Once they sat down, she became disinterested yet couldn?t shake the feelings she?d been feeling the moment she walked into the bar.

[i]Heh. As if things weren?t strange enough as it is; this place is like a light for the moths.[/i] Juliet clinked the ice in her glass and caught the bartender?s attention, who had already prepared the same drink for her. With a half-smile, Juliet took a drink. [B]?My being at the jail cell doesn?t mean I have powers, whatever you may think, but it doesn?t mean I don?t have them.?

?So?then you do??[/B] The man seemed a bit surprised yet excited by her answer. [B]?It?s no coincidence that we all ended up there, you know??[/B]

Again, she smirked. [B]?There?s no such thing as coincidence, only the inevitable. But?I could be asking you the same thing.?[/B] She put her glass down and looked at the man with a raised brow. She waited for a sign of body language or even an answer but received none. This man knew how to keep it under control?or so he thought. She eyed this man carefully and tried to catch something different about him?but she couldn?t.

Finishing her drink, Juliet laid her money on the counter. [B]?Keep the change.?[/B] she said and she began to walk out, leaving the man to wonder.[/size][/color]