OtakuBoards

Gifts and Curses

Vicky

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Obviously the man was buzzed from the Polonaise in his hand. She took a sip of the Wyborowa. It was a bit stronger than most of the alcohol Juliet had taken before but it left a strangely nice aftertaste. Putting aside the warmth of the alcohol running down her throat, Juliet was impressed. Dani lived in a particularly nice house and actually had manners behind the crudeness that he always carried.

Juliet couldn?t help but look around the room. It was clean, organized, and?beautiful. Something she didn?t think Dani knew anything about, she was mistaken. She took another sip and felt the warm tingling down her throat. She stopped looking around the room and took a final sip, downing the rest of the drink.

[B]?I?m assuming you can but either refuse to, won?t speak it, or don?t know how to speak it.?

?Like I said, ain?t nobody?s business if I can.?[/B] Dani poured her another drink and poured himself one, as well. He then leaned back into the couch and stared, not out of suspicion but out of curiosity, wonderment. He took a drink of his Polonaise and asked, [B]?What about you??[/B] Juliet tilted her head slightly and raised a brow in question. [B]?I mean, you?re not English but you?re not one of those bloody Americans. So?what about you??[/B]

A light laughter escaped Juliet, one she hadn?t used since that particular day. She looked at Dani with glowing eyes, not the kind she had when she used her powers but the kind that seemed to bring life back into them.

[B]?You?re right. I?m not English and I sure as hell ain?t American; although my birth certificate would say otherwise. Anyways, I?m Korean; born and raised in America for most of my life?until my parents sent me to live with my grandparents in Korea. And that?s my life story.?[/B]

Before coming to Dani?s, Juliet hadn?t thought about conversing with him the way she was right now. She thought they?d sit at each ends of the room, glaring at each other, wanting the other to die, but for whatever reason, it wasn?t like that. Maybe it was because he was tipsy or maybe it was something else. Either way, she thought it was going to be a good night, perhaps an entertaining one at that.[/size][/color]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][B]?Ah what surprising?twist life has been brining onto me since I obtained this power.? [/B]Zane muttered aloud as he walked down the isolated streets. From having nearly having, his body burned down in an elaborate estate, to be knocked unconscious by a femme fatal. ?What a fucking nice ride this has been?yeah?? He began to yawn in the middle of his step, right now all he had wanted to do was go home and lay down and rest. It was cold outside; he wouldn?t be surprised if a light pitter-patter of snow fell sometime soon. He just needed to rest and so he rushed home.

[B]?You feel like shit?.you should really go and lay down.? [/B]A voice said. If there were anyone near him, the voice wouldn't have been heard by him. Were these things all in his head?

[B]?Now I am hearing things, this is just fucking great isn?t it??[/B] He groaned.

?[B]You don?t need to be persuaded so easily, I know your conscious can handle more than a little pitter patter like this.? [/B]Another voice said. Was he the only one who could hear these voices? Maybe this was some kind of a relapse from lack of sleep? His walk slowly began to transform into a jog
[B]
?Come on we just want to talk??

???

?Don?t try to just go off and ignore me now, that wouldn?t be nice.?

???

?What the hell? If you want to go off on your own and be one of those freelance idiots then fine by me.? [/B]The voice, seeming already angered by Zane?s defiance slowly began to stop. Once Zane was aware that the constant voices had stopped his jog slowed down to a walk and he barged back into his house and made back for his couch and plopped down outstretched onto it. It didn?t take him too long before he was out and began to slide off into the world of dreams.

[B]?When he wakes back up, we get to play with him more right??[/B] a lone voice said in the house.

[B]?Of course, it wouldn?t be fun any other way,?[/B] said another voice and two sinister chuckles were heard through the living room of the house.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=1] Wheeee I fianlly get to post! no a very good one... but a post! yay. Scary Eden ooooO.
---
Eden reluctantly parted with Brian; she really didn?t want to leave him after he was unconscious for so long but there was really nothing she could do about that. She felt somehow safer giving him her phone numbers incase something went wrong. Eden walked to the end of the street before hitching a ride in a passing cab.

[B]?Where too love??[/B] The old cab driver questioned while looking at her through his rear view mirror. She was the prettiest person he had had in his cab all day. Eden paused for a long time before answering still looking back at the academy.

[B]?Other side of town please, The Bourne Estate.? [/B] The cab driver raised his bushy gray-white eyebrows at her before pulling out into traffic, she must be one rich little lady. The ride went without a word from either, the cab driver seemed content with staring at her reflection in his mirror the whole way. Finally they arrived at some rather large gates and the ride was over.

[B]?The fare is?$34.60 love.? [/B] The driver announced, Eden shoved a 50 in his face and mumbled something along the lines of keep the change. He smiled graciously at her and wished her a merry Christmas; she wished him the same before walking up to the gates and inserting a swipes card that opened a side door. Eden?s heart sank and all but disappeared when she saw whose car was parked at the large entrance steps of her grandfathers, and one day to be hers, estate. Her parents had shown up. [I]Typical[/I], she really should have seen it coming, it was Christmas and they would be bringing insanely expensive gifts she neither wanted nor needed.

Eden could feel her blood begin to boil as she came closer to the entrance hallway. Her fists were clenched, teeth gritted and eyes narrow. With all that had happened to her and others with her over the past few days she really was in no mood to handle her parents. [I][B]?Pompous, good for nothing, stuck up, pricks??[/B][/I] she mumbled as she walked, her words increasing in severity. Perhaps some of Danni had rubbed off on her or something. The ground beneath her began to tremble as she walked through the entrance hall and into the study where her parents? voices were emanating from.

There eyes lit up at the sight of their beloved child, she smiled at them even if it was only a fake smile. They continued to talk and talk from that point on while shoving gifts in her face. Eden ignored their pointless chat and only spoken to defend their attacks on her grandfather. Their comments began to get out of hand before Eden finally had enough and screamed at them.

[B]?Would you just shut UP?? [/B] Eden?s parents and grandfather were left dumbfounded. [B]?I can?t believe you! You just waltz into our lives whenever it fits your schedules. You yell and scream at him for things that happened along time ago and expect him and me to just sit there and take it. I don?t think so, not anymore. I?ve grown up with your incessant and pointless bickering and I?m sick of it! And so is grandpapa! Sit down, shut up or get out! Oh and Merry Christmas you inconsiderate?? [/B] Eden then mumbled something, stamped her foot and let out a scream of frustration that caused some objects in the study to convulse and shatter completely. It was something new for her; she had never [I]shattered [/I] books before. But no one seemed to notice.

Her parents and grandfather were left utterly speechless as they watched Eden storm away in the direction bedroom. They looked at each other in total astonishment. She had never, [I]ever[/I] acted in such away before. No one spoke for at least five minutes; Eden?s grandfather was the first to excuse himself. He had decided that five minutes should have been enough time for her to clam down, then perhaps she would open up to him.

Eden smiled to herself as she sat on the end of her bed, yelling at them felt good, really damn good. She felt slightly guilty but otherwise fantastic. She didn?t want to be afraid anymore, not of people like Dani, of her powers or anything. Things were going to change right then and there. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][I]OOC: S'okay Eclipse, glad to see you posted though ^_~[/I]

--------

Dani was getting a little drunk now, far past tipsy. He had been talking about various things with Juliet and still hadn?t threatened her. Now, Dani knew for sure that he was not an incredibly nice person all the time when he was drunk, in fact sometimes he was worse than normal. In this instance, though, he was being nice and enjoying the conversation.

[B]?Don?t you have any heating in this place??[/B] Juliet asked, taking another drink.

[B]??No, I don?t.?[/B] Dani mumbled. He reached for his trench coat which he brought down earlier and passed it over to Juliet. [B]?Have my coat. S?real leather an?? stuff,?[/B] he shrugged at his lack of words and took another great big gulp of his alcohol.

[B]?Well, thanks.?[/B] Juliet said, reluctantly taking the jacket.

[B]?I?ma nice guy, you know. So nice people give me presents. See that cabinet over there with all those little statue things in it? Presents.?[/B] He said with a grin on his face. [B]?I know one you?d like.?[/B]

He stood up all of a sudden, stumbling and reaching out for the coffee table as he did. He walked over to the cabinet, inspecting everything was in place and opened it. There were models of animals and figures of even more animals. At the end, next to a dragon dog statue, was a glorified looking cobra with a gold finish. He smirked, turned to Juliet.

[B]?C?mere.?[/B] He said, waving his arm for her to join him. She did so, stumbling a little but not nearly as drunk as Dani himself. [B]?S?little snake someone bought me ?while ago. Look, s?big as my hand. Not that huge. You can have it. You like snakes, righ???[/B]

He shoved the little statue into her hands and closed the cabinet.

[B]?I ain?t all that bad. You keep that.?[/B] Dani mumbled, looking down at his burnt arm. [B]?Never know when old shit comes in handy.?[/B]

Dani was suddenly feeling very light headed. He knew it was the alcohol, of course, and he wanted more. He began to walk back over to the coffee table, but if his balance was already bad enough he didn?t need alcohol to wreck it even more. He stumbled over his own feet and in an effort to stop himself he reached out for the nearest thing ? which happened to be Juliet.

[B]?Ah fuck. You alrigh???[/B] he mumbled, lying on the floor (he had unfortunately dragged Juliet with him) and tugging her arm gently.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Juliet felt a tugging on her arm and slowly, she looked up. There was the face of Dani, extremely close to hers. It hadn?t registered that she was on top of Dani when he pulled her down; however when it did register, she quickly propped herself up on her hands, managing to stand up. Juliet ran a hand through her hair and cleared her throat.

She looked down at Dani and noticed he propped himself up onto his arms and was looking up at her. She held out her hand and offered him help, which he, strangely enough, took. Juliet pulled him up and somehow the force managed to pull the two closer together. Juliet looked up once more into Dani?s face, only to pull away from him, reaching for another drink.

[B]?So,?[/B] Juliet cleared her voice again, trying to make herself less flustered. [B]?how?d you know I liked snakes??[/B] She was looking at this beautifully engraved and decorated snake that was in her hand. Dani was right when he asked if she liked snakes and he was right when he said that she?d like it. [B]?A lot of people find that hard to believe.?[/B]

Dani shrugged and mumbled out some incoherent words about her power, the Academy, and some other thing. Juliet ignored most of what he said and just stared at the statuette. While she stared at this, she couldn?t help but wonder if he knew about the 13th Zodiac, Ophiuchus. She wouldn?t know unless she asked.

[B]?Let me ask you something, Dani.?[/B] He looked at her while he took another drink of alcohol. [B]?What do you know about the Zodiac??

?Not much ?sall?[/B] He made no indication in his body language nor was there any difference in his tone of voice, but somehow Juliet figured he knew something. [B]?Why do you ask??

?The only way you?d know I had an affinity for snakes would be if you knew about the 13th Zodiac??[/B] Juliet placed the snake on the table and leaned back into the sofa. She seemed sober all of a sudden. [B]?do you??[/B]

Her eyes seemed to look straight into his soul. It had given Dani the chills, not many people did that to him. He took another swig of the Polonaise before he answered Juliet?s question.

[B]?Yeah. I know about the 13th Zodiac. But it?s not why I thought you?d like that.?[/B] She raised a questioning brow, in which Dani answered, [B]?Your power gave me a hint. The way you used snakes and all.?[/B]

Sighing, Juliet relaxed and poured herself another drink. She then put on the leather jacket Dani had offered before. It smelt like smoke and had a bit of his scent in it but somehow, Juliet found it comforting. She took another drink and went back to talking about her sign, Ophiuchus. It intrigued the both of them.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][B]"Stop moping already."[/B]

Charles glared at Quan, who stood framed in the doorway of the room he'd been in the last few days. Since Christmas. Over Christmas. Watching cheesy kids specials on a TV that didn't match the finished, expensive feel of the rest of the room.

Or, rather, the expensive feel the rest of the room had had before he'd moved in. Now parts of the walls were scourched, the picture frames were all broken, and glass littered the floor. The drugs and syringes lay where he'd thrown them, still, powder dusting the wall and carpet. Quan didn't say a word about it, though.

[B]"You'd think you'd killed your best friend, not some little pain-in-the-neck teenager..."[/B] He sighed. [B]"You're not much use to me like this."[/B]
[B]
"Who said I wanted to be of use to you?" [/B]Charles hadn't spoke in four days, his voice came out a growl. [B]"I [i]had[/i] been trying to clean up, yanno...get out of this. Stop killin' people an' breakin' things; s'why I moved..."[/B]

[B]"Do I look like I care? It's too late for you to get out of anything. It's in your blood." [/B]Quan stretched, stepped out the door. [B]"And clean this up, already, before I kick you out and see how well a guy with fire for blood does in ice and cold rain."[/B]

[B]"What are you,"[/B] Charles snarled back, ignoring the threat. [B]"My mother?"[/B]

[B]"Nah." [/B]Quan smirked, closing the door behind him.[B] "I'm not easy enough to be your mother." [/B]The door clicked shut just in time to block the blade Charles had flung; it sank almost hilt-deep with a thud and stayed there, quivering.

He sat there for a while before he finally sighed, and moved to start straightening and repacking, working carefully to not strain his shoulder. The sooner he could be out of there, the better.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen][b]OOC: [/b]Hope this is okay. It's been a looooong time since I've played in good RPG. [/color][/size][size=1][color=DarkGreen]
-[/color][/size][size=1][color=DarkGreen]

Bella was one of those people who enjoyed Christmas far, far too much. She?d be the person who?d organize the tree weeks before, who?d make sure that there were presents underneath, and who would pester the rest of the family into coming to visit.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]And she was good at it. Which was why she and the rest of the teens in the family were now sitting in her family?s spa bath, letting the bubbles massage her back and sighing with the true happiness of a girl who was fully catered to.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]Trace and Matt, her cousins, were laughing and splashing each other, while another cousin, Sandy, was continually ducking under the water, peering at something beneath.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]?Hey Bella,? he called, ?come have a look!?[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]With a little roll of her eyes, she took a breath and submerged herself beside him to see what he was so interested in. The big difference between the two of them; the crucial difference, in fact, was that Sandy had short hair, while Bella?s?was long.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]Within seconds her hair had caught in the spa. She tried to move up for air; her hands shot above water but her face couldn?t follow. She was being pounded by the same bubbles she had so enjoyed, and her lungs were screaming, screaming for air. She stared up above her, could vaguely see the shapes of her cousins ? did they even know something was wrong? Her lungs were slowly filling with water, and it was an agony so intense that she thought she was going to die.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=DarkGreen]
Oh god, that was it, wasn?t it? She[i] was [/i]going to die! She could slowly, slowly feel the life start to leave her, could feel her muscles begin to get too weak to work?[/color][/size][size=1][color=DarkGreen][i]

The fire was most interesting but his eyes were drawn away from a brief moment when he saw Charles pushing the little girl back, right back into Eddie?s arms in which ice spikes seemed to emerge.[/i][/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]Just as she was about to give up, she felt something hit her, almost as if it were invading into her. It felt powerful and alien to her ?[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]And then it happened again. And again. And finally, on the fourth hit, the water coughed out of her lungs and she took a great, heaving breath, feeling the life rush back into her. Sandy was above her, hovering over her. He?d given her CPR, had saved her life. Behind him was Matt, brandishing a knife ? and a lock of her hair. They?d had to cut her out.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]She took another deep breath, and burst into tears. Trace had run inside, and now following her out was the rest of the family. Bella?s mother screamed and raced to her side, hugged her. ?Oh, my baby, my baby. Are you okay??[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]She nodded. Her Mum started stroking her hair, wet and tangled as it was. ?Oh, and they had to chop your gorgeous hair. Well, we?ll get that fixed tomorrow, okay sweetheart? Good girl.?[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]Uncle Ian intervened. ?Why don?t we get her inside now and send her to a good night?s sleep?? Bella?s mother nodded.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]Bella?s sleep, however, was not a good one. She tossed and turned, dreaming constantly unable to truly reach that state of unconsciousness. When she woke up in the morning, she felt like she?d been mashed with a meat cleaver. Nonetheless, she?d ?slept? a full ten hours.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]She got up, walked into the kitchen, only to find the rest of her family?fighting. Not wanted to draw attention to herself, and too drained and hungry to move, she just stood there, watching them, getting angrier and angrier herself.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]Then the kettle boiled. Her mother?s attention snapped away from her father, looking confused. ?I didn?t turn that on.?[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]Bella took the opportunity to interrupt. ?Something to eat for your dear, almost drowned daughter??[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]Her mother smiled, said, ?Perhaps later. Your father and I are having a discussion, Bell. It?s very important.? Her father scoffed. The argument started all over again. Bella stood, getting angrier and angrier. She had almost drowned last night, for goodness sakes. Their only daughter had almost[i] died[/i] and they just didn?t care. How would they feel if [i]they[/i] almost drowned? She?d like to see that![/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]Her mother gasped. Choked. Coughed. Her Dad snapped into attention. ?Tallie? Tallie, what?s wrong?? Her mother was gasping for air. Bella stared, shock completely annihilating her anger. Her dad smacked her mother on the back a couple of times, and her mum finally took a deep breath.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]?What happened?? her Dad asked.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]?It was the strangest thing,? she said, a shake still in her voice. ?It felt like I was drowning.?[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]Eyes wide, Bella turned away and walked out of the house.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]?She had almost [i][b]drowned[/b][/i] her [b][i]mother[/i][/b].[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Christmas came and Christmas went, just like almost every other day of the year except for this day Moses had a tree in his room sitting upon his desk and sending its piney scent wafting through his room, but, thankfully, not up the stairs into what he had taken to calling ?the lair of the dragonkin.?

The tree was a welcome addition for Christmas day, and so were the candies from his friends that he unwrapped that morning. He grinned happily as he made short work of a large portion of the gummies, mints, taffies and chocolates, thinking with a sort of glee what the sugars in the treats would do to his energy levels and then with some feeling of doom what his parent?s reactions would be to the overabundance of energy.

As he finished up the last of a candy cane he dropped some books into a backpack and shoved a jacket and the remaining candy in after before heading up the stairs two at a time.

Quietly Moses shut the door to the basement and wrote a note on the whiteboard beside the backdoor telling the two still slumbering inhabitants of the house where he had gone so they would not go in search of him and in doing so find his tree before he tore out of the house even as he slung his backpack over his shoulder.

Today ? Christmas Day ? was going to be spent the way he wanted to; a happy way.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]Eddie had left dorians place hours ago. His mind was still flashing images of cats limp body in his arms. The blood that rained down like the sprinkler system still flashed in his eyes and he could swear he saw blood on his windshield from the rain. He parked his car a couple of blocks away from his apartment and decided to take a shortcut through the alley.

[B]"give me your wallet!"[/B] a youth said from behind him.

His face was covered by the hoodie on his jacket and he wore gloves. The knife he held up was looked like it was from a movie or something. The rain started to really pour down and Eddie couldn't tell that he was crying.

[B]"Did you hear what i said?! Give me your mother fucking wallet!!" [/B]

The youth was starting to get angry and was gonna take a step closer to Eddie. Eddie mumbled something that he couldn't hear.
"what did you say? You wanna die or something?"

[B]"I COULDNT PROTECT HER!!"[/B] Eddie yelled with all his might.

His mind was blinded with rage and he punched the wall next to him. His spikes coming out larger than ever and penetrated through the wall. Eddie didnt stop there. He pounded both of his fist on the floor and instead of it coming from his body they spikes came out from the floor in wave like form and headed to the hooded youth. The spikes stop inches short from where he stood. He fell back knowing he barely escaped death and ran off, leaving his knife behind.

Eddie was shocked himself at his new semi controlled power. Before he had a moment to think he was off again. Eddie stumbled into his apartment, dropping to his knees and putting his hands to his face.

[B]"Mi amor. Adonde estabas. i was so worried about..." [/B] His girlfriend stopped in mid sentence when she saw his shirt torn and stained with blood.

She ran to him and was going to hug him and ask him what happened. Eddie just pulled away. His fear of killing her made him freak out and stumbled on the floor. He closed his eyes and got in the fetal position and the first time in what felt like years he felt something warm touch him. He felt warm soft arms wrap around his body. His body didnt react and for the first time in his life he cried himself to sleep in someones arms on christmas eve.

----
OOC: thats the best i could think of.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Yeah, Dani figured he knew what kind of star sign Juliet was now, especially since she was explaining it. And he was interested, too. He hadn?t zoned out once in their conversations, nor had he shot her a snide insult. Dani figured maybe he truly was a nice person when he was drunk.

[B]?See, y?know, I don?t get why your powers are linked in with your Zodiac.?[/B] Dani said, pouting slightly. [B]?You use snakes. Now if I?ma not mistaken, Capricorn?s a? Earth element. My powers ain?t got nothing to do with Earth.?[/B]

Juliet frowned. [B]?Maybe it?s different for each of us.?[/B]

[B]?S?not fair, still. My powers are the worse, they hurt, they bring up bad memories, and they ain?t never done nothin? good fer anyone. I could try an? be nice, you know, but I ain?t never done anything nice with these powers. You guys can do? do anythin?. Can be good or bad. S?not like I have a choice.?[/B]

Juliet grinned at him, laughed slightly. [B]?What?s wrong with being bad??[/B] she chuckled.

[B]?Nothin?. I just don?t like it sometimes. Everyone thinks I?ma creep, which I am a bit, though if I could be a nice, good person, I would be. I truly would be.?[/B] He took a sip of his drink again and sighed. Juliet took another drink, too, and it was only then Dani realised she was wearing the trench coat he had offered her before.

[B]?You?re a telepath, right? There?s not reason you can?t be a good guy like them lot, saving puppies from burning buildings and? you know.?[/B]

[B]?Not just a telepath. I can?t do it properly. My powers, I mean. S?like? it won?t work unless I?m doing something dark, somethin? disturbing, an? it all links into what I had as a kid and still got now. But it?s not just the telepath part that makes me bad, I can do other things.?[/B]

He began to laugh, swirling a bit of the vodka around in its bottle. It [I]was[/I] funny for him. Juliet had a thing about snakes and Dani, despite his denial, had actually read the bible. He was fully aware of the snake in the Garden of Eden, what it meant and how it tempted two innocents and was cursed for it. Dani slightly twitched at the thought of his life being compared with the bible though he mentioned it, anyway.

[B]?I can make suggestions, mental suggestions, little stuff hidden in the back of your mind. I can do it to anyone, though? I don?t really like it, I guess. You know the snake, from the Garden of Eden? Like that. S?pose we?re sorta the same. I can?t do good with it, only make people fall from paradise and I?m cursed with it. Cursed by the fact I know I can?t change, cursed by the fact I know what I?ve done to people with it.?[/B]

He snarled at the end of his sentence and took another long drink. When he had realised what he had said, what he was going to do, he swiftly changed the subject.
[B]?So, see, that?s got nothin? ta do with goats or Earth elements.?[/B]

Juliet narrowed her eyes at Dani fully aware that he was trying to turn the conversation away from the nature of his powers. She grinned slightly at him, Dani saw her grinning and frowned.

[B]?I don?t think you?ve told me about this little add on power of yours.?[/B] She said, folding her arms, still grinning.

[B]?Ain?t an ?add on?, it just somethin? else I can do.?[/B] Dani said through a mouthful of alcohol.

[B]?But you can?t do it properly??[/B]

He picked up on the tone of her voice but couldn?t understand what she was trying to do. She was either trying to get to him or trying to get him to talk about it. Dani suddenly came to wonder why Juliet wanted to know about his powers, exactly, and why it was important. He had to admit he was slightly annoyed that she didn?t believe he knew how to use his powers. Okay, he couldn?t control them, but he was pretty sure he had the whole ?serpent of desire? thing down.

[B]?You?ve been drinking, I doubt you?re the icon of control right now, an? strictly speaking, I could make you do [I]anything[/I] I wanted.?[/B] Dani said, slamming his bottle on the table with a hint of bitterness in his voice. [B]?Now, I?m sure you?d be wise to believe me.?[/B]

[B]?I thought you wanted to be [I]nice[/I].?[/B] Juliet smirked, again. Dani narrowed his eyes at her, he did not appreciate the comment though he was determined to prove his point. He was a nice guy, somewhere he was.

He leaned forward to Juliet, indicating for her to come closer, as if he was going to tell her a secret. She looked sceptical, but then Dani guessed the vast amount of alcohol convinced her otherwise. Instead of pretending to whisper something, Dani went to touch the side of Juliet?s face, which caused her to draw back. Dani laughed.

[B]?I won?t hurt you. I?m a nice guy.?[/B] He said, smiling. Not a smirk, not a grin, just a smile, which was actually different for him. [B]?Let me show you. I promise I won?t hurt you.?[/B] He held up his hands defensively and smirked at Juliet. [B]?Besides, you can kill me with those snakes, can?t ya??[/B]

Juliet considered for a moment, probably trying to predict what he would do. It must have been hard, Dani had become known among the others for being a creep and a bit evil, yet now he was actually showing a different side. Dani himself was convinced it was the alcohol, he was who he was, whether it be evil or not. And whether he could only use his powers for being evil would be determined soon. He smiled again when Juliet rolled her eyes and let Dani brush his hands down the side of her face.

He stopped at the side of her eye, thumb on her jaw and his index finger on her temple. He promised himself he wasn?t going to hurt her, just prove that there was an aspect of his powers he could control, and show her what it was.

[B]?See? I can make you do anything. Serpent of desire, Juliet.?[/B][/SIZE]

[COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Zane awoke that from that sleep in a cold sweat. He looked around from the couch that he had laid himself down upon, nothing. Those voices that he had heard from earlier, were they just manifestations of some kind of inner strife from within his subconscious? He remained motionless for a couple of seconds to see if they were just playing with him and lying in wait. Was this how it felt with the people he toyed with all this time? All those people who he played mind games with, was this that same feeling?? Of course, not he was just a tad bit paranoid about it. He sat upright on the couch and began to rub at his temples trying to shake off the post waking up feeling.

He went into the bathroom and after taking care of things inside, ran his hands under some cold water and briskly began to flush his pale looking face with it. Perhaps this whole thing was just some kind of a hallucination of some kind? It shouldn?t be, maybe he was just thinking a little bit too hard. He continued the process only a little while longer trying to flush his mind clean.

[FONT=HGKyokashotai]?I hunger?? [/FONT] Said something in the back of his mind, almost as if it was a though but this one felt a little bit? different from usual. It was almost as if there was some kind of feeling reaching out for him.

[FONT=HGKyokashotai]?You?re blood, Taste it, I must know your taste.? [/FONT] The though came through his head once more as he pain no attention to it. It was coming from him, he must have been thinking about this right? Something was wrong with this picture for sure. Yet the odd thing about it was that he had no idea that this was happening.

He punched at the glass mirror as hard as he could, seeming to try to shake the horrid though out of his mind. Yet when he reeled his hand back from the shattered bloodstain glass he merely snickered as he began to run his tongue over the wound. Lapping over it like a hungry cat does to milk.

[B]?That?s a good boy??[/B] Both his voice and the thought now said in unison while tasting the metal tasting blood form his knuckles until it started to lessen and went back into the front room and sat on a stool overlooking his kitchen and signed a bit. He looked through the drawers to find some gauze to at least bandage the wound so that it could heal properly.

[B]?Something defiantly feels? different about me, one second I am tempted to drink blood like a vampire, the next I feel over worried at the cause of infection and other band things that could happen from being exposed into the air.? [/B] He grumbled and just though sleep could help since it seemed to be a life fact that sleep solves almost everything.

His demeanor changed again as he pulled the gauze tightly around his wrist until it snapped and tucked the loose end under the tighter ones [B]?This is only the beginning, be this an after effect of my power I don?t care. Power is all that?s necessary in this world and that?s exactly what I want.?[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]The images of Cat's death keep plauging Eddie in his dreams. He could swear that he can feel her warm blood on his skin again. He would wake up screaming sometimes and he would stab his couch as he jumped up from his sleep. His powers seem to have gone back to normal and he was happy he decided to sleep on the couch rather than with his girlfriend. Eddie looked at his clock and let out a big sigh. It was one in the morning. He had to get ready for work in about an hour and he had not been able to sleep at all.

Eddie decided to turn on the tv and watch whatever was on.

"In other news, there was a shooting followed by an out of control fire in an exhibit for the zodiac signs." Eddies heart skipped a beat. "The gunman has yet to have been identified but viewers said they saw some people exit the building from the side. Two of them covered with blood. The body, which was found after firefighters arrive on the scene, was taken to the hospital but she was already dead before she was discovered. Doctors say she was stabbed multiple times before she died."

Eddie's heart sank. He didnt want to go to work, he didnt want to be with his girlfriend. He simply just didnt want to live. The only that kept Eddie going were the images of charles and how he wanted to avenge Cat's death. Eddie turned off the TV and started to get ready for work.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Juliet shivered ever so slightly at the touch of Dani?s fingers against her temple and jaw. She wasn?t used to people touching her, let alone letting them touch her. In fact, this was probably the first in a long time she?s actually [i]let[/i] anyone get close to her. She breathed in slowly and exhaled to control her, what seemed like, racking nerves. Her eyes were closed but she could tell that Dani was smiling- not evilly or mischievously- but a genuine smile.

She heard him breathe in sharply, but it wasn?t a forceful breath. Juliet?s hand wrapped around the snake statuette Dani had given her earlier. Its smooth edges and rippling lines that defined its scales seemed to calm her as it reminded her of her own snakes. Her breathing was slow and paced, as was Dani?s. Never once did she open her eyes.

His fingers were soft, comforting. She couldn?t help but tense but his voice seemed to help soothe her.

[B]?Relax, Juliet. I ain?t going to hurt you. Like I said, you can kill me with those snakes, right? So relax.?[/B] Juliet did as she was told, he must?ve been waiting for her to fully let go of her anxiety and weary before he let himself into her mind.

In the recesses of her mind, all she could think of was, [i][B]I can?t let him open that door. He can?t open that door. If he does, I?ll?I?he just [/i]can?t [i]open that door. He mustn?t. I?ve kept it closed off?even to that rat bastard of a psychiatrist the damned law gave to me. Even so, that door can[/i]not [i]be opened?not even unintentionally.[/B][/i]

Juliet finally opened her eyes and looked deeply into Dani?s icy blue eyes. She felt like she was almost being hypnotized by the magnitude of beauty it possessed. She had never seen eyes so gorgeous such as his, Juliet couldn?t close her eyes again.[/size][/color]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/OzymandiusJones/giftsandcurseshome.png[/IMG]
[SIZE=1]Thanks again to Ozy for the Banner[/SIZE][/CENTER]

[SIZE=1]Dani was smiling when Juliet had looked him in the eye. Having someone not hate you was a good feeling, maybe his powers would do some good. He promised he wouldn?t hurt Juliet, and he wouldn?t, now all he needed to do was show her.

He swallowed and closed his eyes for a moment, concentrating. He was trying to think of something he could make Juliet do, something simple, something to prove.

[B]?It?s gettin? late, you know. I dun think you wanna be walking home at this time,?[/b] he whispered. [B]?You should stay here.?[/B]

It was a suggestion that acted like a command, and Juliet nodded, smiling slightly. At that moment Dani decided that, due to the conversations he had with Juliet in one night, perhaps she?d let him find more out about her. Not like the prison, not like Dani trying to force anything or trying to hurt her. It was safe this time and Dani didn?t want to hurt anyone.

He closed his eyes and the maze he saw in his eyelids reminded him of Juliet, like it was her mind. To him it was and it all made sense. It was different from the jail, not as confusing, somewhat like the Garden of Eden complete with snakes? maybe that was because the whole ?Garden? thing had been praying on Dani?s mind lately. Snakes mixed into a maze like they were protecting something? he opened his eyes at that, slightly nervous, but closed them again.

Then there was something else, something like a door that stood out from everything else. At the very sight and thought of it he got the impression that Juliet was uncomfortable; she drew in a breath and gulped. Dani opened his eyes and looked at her.

[B]?If you don?t want me to know something, just say the word.?[/B] Dani said.

[B]?Don?t.?[/B]

Dani nodded and decided to leave anything that was hidden behind a door alone unless she said otherwise. He was determined to actually be a nice person and not hurt her, as he promised. Yet he also wanted to show off, show off how good he actually was at this. He stared at her eyes, not breaking contact, and moved closer so he could look deeper.

[B]?I am all that you see, I am all that you want me to be.?[/B] He said, laughing a little bit knowing full well those were lyrics from a song. Juliet laughed, too, like she understood the joke as much as Dani did.

He raised his other hand up to the side of her face and traced his fingers down to her neck, not once breaking eye contact or mental contact. So far, so good. He took a deep breath and decided something, tilting his head slightly.

Dani stopped wide eyed. An image flashed in his mind of a woman, when he had first used his powers and made her hurt herself. He froze completely, fully aware Juliet might have actually seen that. Even when he tried to forget about it another image crept up when he had hurt his friends, by accident or not. It had been every single time ? what was to say tonight was no different?

At that thought he broke all contact with Juliet and backed away, swallowing and looking at her apologetically. He suddenly looked sorry for himself, a kid who?d just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar only so much more painful. Dani buried his head in his hands, mumbled a few words.

[B]?I?m sorry.?[/B]

------------
[I]OOC: I wanted to do more, but it?s far too late and stuff, heh. I?ll try and move on next time folks ^_~[/I][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]A trunk and three boxes and Charles shared the backseat of Quan's car. It was a nice car; silver and elegant and streamlined, though Charles hadn't had the time - or the interest - to see what make, model or brand it was. And - like everything else about the man - it was infuriatingly neat, tidy and polished.

Charles crossed his arms. He felt more like a [i]child[/i] around this Quan guy than he ever had as an [i]actual[/i] child. Who did he think he was, controlling things like this? He stared at his hand, and the asbestos-lined bandages wrapped around his palm. He'd cut himself cleaning the glass from the frames...he'd contemplated burning the house down around Quan's ears, but something had held him back. Told him just to bandage it and let things [i]go[/i] for now.

So he was going. He had no clue where. Or why. All he really knew was how: Quan, in some mutated version of a carpool. He had the knife in his jacket pocket, in its sheath. He'd managed to clean the blood off his jacket, though there was still a gaping hole in the shoulder. His pants had been cleaned in much the same way, though there were still scorch marks, testament to how hot his blood had been that day. Normally, the fabric resisted such things. it would have had [i]some[/i]thing to do with Dani. He was sure.

His lip curled in an ugly sneer when he thought about Dani, fingers twitching. He was going to pay for shooting him. Somehow. That thought made the sneer grow, until it looked like he was grinning like a shark. Something caught his eye - Quan's glare in the rear-view mirror.

"I assume you're wondering what I'm doing."

Charles returned the glower, but nodded sullenly. "Somewhat. Just maybe."

Quan shrugged one shoulder, pulling the car over to the side of the road, near a cafe that looked nothing like the one where all the trouble had started, what felt like so long ago. It was dingy, darker, the windows covered with dust and grime, though the sign on the door said open. He parked the car, climbed out, and jerked Charles' door open. "Get out."

Charles unfolded, sneering. Quan just met his sneer with a quiet smile and a nod of his head, deflecting the punk's annoyance with his calm. As usual. He turned on his heel, headed for the cafe, leaving Charles no alternative but to follow.

"What are we doing here, Quan?" Charles asked, once the waitress - a red haired woman with a tired face - had seated them in a booth, off in a corner. The seat choices were between a chair - with the back to the entire cafe - or the bench, with its back to the wall. He took the bench, making a face at the fact that it was a corner. "Huh? Why'd you drag me clear across town to come to some dumpy little cafe?"

Quan spread his hands, smiling. "No real reason. I have a meeting, and you need a place to stay. There's one on this side of town, so I'm killing two birds with one stone, as it were." He looked at his watch. "Any minute now..." Charles started to stand, growling.

"Look. I'm just leavin'. I ain't staying in no 'ouse [i]you[/i] picked out, an' I'm sick of your 'ospitality. I ain't some...some.." He just snarled, thoughts dissolving between his mind and his mouth. "Whatever you're doin', I don't want any part of it." He turned, preparing to stalk out of the cafe when he walked right into someone's chest. He shoved them away, sidestepped - and hands closed on his shoulders, shoving him back into the bench, metal clinching shut on his wrist. He jerked away instinctively, even before he was able to focus...

On [i]him[/i].

His mind just went numb as Quan snapped the other cuff around the leg of the table, staring at Quan's meeting.

[i]Him[/i].

The tall, wiry man he'd walked into was someone he'd never ever wanted to see again. He was a part of the past he'd tried [i]so hard[/i] to forget. This was, apparently, just another sign that he wasn't [i]allowed[/i] to forget.

"Ah. Charles. I see you know my aquaintence, George..."

George gave a mocking bow before sliding onto the bench, smirking when Charles scrambled further away. His ice blue eyes gleamed.

"Oh, he knows me. He knows me [i]far[/i] too well, don't ya, Charlie-boy?"

Oh yes. Charles did.

But by another name.

The one man he'd ever feared:

[i]The Ripper[/i].

Abruptly, Quan seemed like the most reasonable human on the face of the earth.

[center]***[/center]

Charles stood on the porch of the ancient looking house, boxes around his feet as he tried to shake the haze in his head. The last hour had left him dazed, confused and - for the first time in a while - [i]scared[/i]. Not the odd, off feeling from when Dani had broken his mind's wall, but actual bone-deep [i]fear[/i].

Quan's demands had been simple. [i]"You will stay where I tell you to, or I shall arrange for you to, well...disappear. This city won't miss one little punk, and I assure you George will know exactly what [/i]he[i] wants you to do.[/i]"

In terms like that...there hadn't much for Charles to decide. Other than see [i]just[/i] how fast he could agree with Quan. Quan had laughed; he and George had dumped him and his boxes off at the end of the block just a few moments before. And now he stood on the porch, trying to decide whether he wanted to knock on the door at all, or just risk camping there for a while...[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Eden could hear the footsteps of her Grandfather as the sit on the end of her bed. It wasn?t really her bed, or her room, it was just a place that was kept for her incase she ever wanted to move in. Eden had no intention of ever moving in, not now anyway. Her grandfather politely knocked on the thick wooden door before opening it slightly.

[B]?Eden? Are you ok??[/B] His voice sounded generally concerned, she blew a puff of air out her nose before nodding.

[B]?I?m fine. I hope I didn?t scare them too much.? [/B] The old man chuckled nervously before walking across the room to her; he placed a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her. Truth be told he was frightened of his granddaughter, she had completely shredded one of his books. He had known about her powers but she was never able to control them like this before.

[B]?They are all right; I had Geoffrey bring them down some tea.?[/B] Eden nodded; their exchanged went more or less like this every time her parents were involved. Eden had no idea how her Papa could possibly still love his son.

[B]?I?m sick of this Papa.? [/B] Her grandfather tilted his head to the side questioningly as if to say [I]?what?[/I]?

[B]?I?m sick of being a freak; it is what I am, is it not? How many other people do you know that can cause earthquakes or books to shatter? None I?m betting.? [/B] Eden purposefully caused the room to shake just prove her point. Her grandfather stood her up and gave her a big hug.

[B]?You are special Eden, never forget that.? [/B] With those words he exited the room. Eden walked to the large windowsill and looked out over the grand estate. She had absolutely adored growing up there, the large gardens and ponds had served for hours of imaginative entertainment. She loved nothing more than to get up early and go horse riding through the woods towards the back of the estate.

Her thoughts suddenly turned to others who didn?t have the luck she had growing up. Eden never presumed to understand what Dani or Charles or others may have gone through but maybe she might just have gotten an inkling as to why they were the way they were.

Eden suddenly turned on her heel and exited the room; she walked hastily towards the east of the large house and entered an elevator. Her finger automatically landed upon the button marked B3, which stood for basement 3. Within moments she was headed for a vehicle, luckily enough her grandfather kept a rather nice collection of cars, motorbikes and boats. She headed for a brand new blood red Ducati 109 something or other; she never paid much attention, got changed and fired up the engine.

Eden may have been frightened of other people and what they could do to her but one thing she was never frightened of was learning. Eden popped her red and black helmet on before taking off on the bike; she had to climb 3 levels via a winding ramp before she reached outside. Eden didn?t really care where she was going, maybe she would go and find Brian or Dorian or even Eddie to see how he was doing. She didn?t really care much; she just needed to get away from everything that was holding her back.

Eden automatically headed for her apartment in the city, she had not been there since Dani had arrived on her door step, she would start there and give Brian a call.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][I]"842. Here it is,"[/I] Brian said to himself has he found an elegant white door on the eighth floor of the hotel where his agent had told him to meet.
He expected Hal to be understanding of his predicament, but he didn't want her to come and meet him since he hadn't had a shower in several days and the last three places he'd slept was either in jail or on a bench somewhere in the city. But he couldn't argue; she was here, and Brian was glad to have the company.
[B]"Brian,"[/B] Hal exclaimed as she jumped up from her desk at the side of her bed. She was still working and in a business suit. Brian could see the bluetooth microphone attached to her ear. [B]"I'm so happy to see you."[/B]
[B]"You too. I have so much--"[/B] he started to say, but he stopped when Hal signaled for him to be silent. Work was calling again.
[B]"No, I told you to hold all of my appointments. And take messages on my calls unless it's an emergency. I expect to be back in L.A. by Monday."[/B] she shouted at someone. Probably that nice assistant Brian had spokent to on a few occasions. But then the thought came to him that that nice girl had probably already been fired or quit.
[B]"Brian, you should go take a warm shower, then we'll head out for dinner. You can tell me everything."[/B] She made a waving motion with her hand before returning to her assistant on the phone. [B]"Yes, I'm aware that Monday is Christmas..."[/B]
Brian went into the bathroom and locked the door behind him. He undressed and stepped into the warm shower. He always lost track of time when he was under the water, but he hadn't had any of these luxeries for several days so there was no telling how long he just stood under the shower head, massaging his sore muscles.
When he got out, he wrapped a towel around his waist and walked out of the bathroom to get some clean clothes only to find a rather gorgeous woman. It was Hal, now doubt about it, but he had never seen her look that dressed up in his entire life. Not even when the two were dating.
It wasn't a big thing; Hal was so much older than Brian, and the attraction was merely sexual. Now, Hal was just a good friend and Brian was Hal's favorite client, which is probably why she flew all this way to God knows where just to be with him.
His astonished face must have given it away and Hal picked up the conversation, [B]"What's wrong? You don't like it?"[/B]
It was obviously a rhetorical question, but he answered anyway, [B]"No-- I mean, yes. You look very, err" he stumbled for words.[/B]
[B]"Aww, thanks. You're sweet. Now lets go out for a night on the town. You can tell me everything."[/B]

Hal had originally planned to go to some fancy resturaunt she read about in the hotel brochure, but she got lost (something Brian was all too familiar with) and the two resolved to just walking around. Brian had found the park, which now seemed to be the only thing he [I]could[/I] find. He told her everything: How he started having wierd dreams back in L.A. and that when he'd wake up, he was floating. He also told her of his migranes and how his plane exploded, but he miraculously survived. Then he told her of how he got mixed up in a fight right after he contacted her the first time and he ended up in jail with a bunch of freaks that seemed to have some sort of power, just like him. And then he mentioned the last part about the fire at the Harlem Academy and how someone died. He didn't know who, but he was sure it was one of the members of his group.
[B]"I heard about something like that on the news,"[/B] Hal stated as she took a seat under the very weeping willow that he'd slept on earlier that day. [B]"They said there was at least one body and that there were several suspect that have yet to apprehended, but there are plenty of whitnesses. One of them was covered in blood, according to the news."[/B]
[B]"Charles."[/B] Brian assumed that's who she meant. After all, Charles exited from the main entrance and was covered in blood. If Brian had seen him, there was no telling how many others had spotted him.
[B]"If there are so many bad people here, why don't you just go, Brian? You can just come back to L.A. with me tomorrow, and we can get you some help."[/B]
[B]"I told you that I first got onto that plane because I needed to get home to ask my mom some questions and then I ended up here. I don't know how I survived because I blacked out, but it seems like I'm supposed to be here. It feels like something has drawn all of us here. We all have a gift-- or curse. Whatever, we all have it and it just seems like all of this is set in stone. It's like I have no choice."[/B] He finished lamely, but Hal knew what Brian was getting at, even if contradicted his entire philosophy.
[B]"You never were one for this whole 'higer power' or 'pre-destination' thing, but I had a feeling you would stay,"[/B] she said, avoiding eye contact. [B]"I just worry about you is all. Someone just died this afternoon, and if it's all for a reason--"[/B] She stopped herself, looking for words. [B]"Just stay safe kid, alright."[/B]
Then she stood up, and gave him a kiss on the cheek. The whole night was amazing for Brian just because he got to spend it walking around town with his friend. It was nice to see a fimiliar face. But then she had to leave for L.A. the next morning.
She left Brian a debit card with several thousand dollars to continue his stay at the Hilton. As the cab pulled up to take her to the airport, they exchanged one last look of remorse. It was as if they both knew that Brian wouldn't return to L.A. and he wouldn't get to play in that movie.
[I]"My big break,"[/I] he thought, [I]"Well, that dream's over, but it was nice while it lasted. At least everything about Holllywood isn't worthless."[/I]

-----

[B]"Sir,"[/B] the front desk manager called him over after he returned from dinner, [B]"I'm afraid you're card is no good."[/B]
[B]"Whaddya mean it's no good? Of course it is. Check it again!"[/B]
[B]"I'm sorry, Mr. Gallows, we've tried it several times. I'm afraid you'll have to leave at once."[/B]

And just like that, Brian was back out on the streets. As soon as he'd gotten back up to his room, he attempted to call Hal to see what was wrong. He had been charging his cell all day and he had full service, but the moment he dialed her number, everything just went dead. And no matter how many times he tried to wake it up, nothing worked. That resulted in him throwing it out of the eighth story window.
After packing and going down to the lobby Brian tried Hal again. But unfortunately, even on the land lines, the phone went dead just as he dialed her number. He had no choice but to leave the hotel in peace, and look for a place to say. At leas he had some of his luggage this time around. However, it was a far bigger hassle to lug around the city.
When Brian was about five blocks away from the hotel, he sat down on the sidewalk to rest and laid his head in his arms. This was the most helpless he'd felt in a long time.
[B]"Excuse me,"[/B] a voice interrupted his thoughts [B]"I believed you dropped this."[/B]
Brian looked up to see the old man passing out fliers from the day before that Cat had bumped into. In his hands was Brian's old cell phone that he just chunked out the window not 20 minutes ago.
[B]"Yeah, but it doesn't really work. I sorta dropped it."[/B]
[B]"It seems to be working fine now."[/B] the man said calmly, [B]"That's the problem with today's technology: You can never figure it out."[/B] he said practically thrusting the phone into Brian's hands.
[B]"Thanks,"[/B] he said, but when he looked up, the old man was gone just like before.
That's when Brian noticed a nice looking car drive by. The window's were rolled down so it wasn't hard to tell who was driving, but that didn't stop Brian's jaw from dropping, nonetheless. Quan was driving by, looking directly at Brian. He was smiling, but it wasn't an evil smile. It was more of a, [I]"You got lucky this time, kid."[/I] Of course, Brian was never really that good at reading people.
In any case, that old man seemed to be helping him for some reason. At least now he wasn't completely helpless even though he still couldn't contact Hal. When he looed through the rest of his address book, he only found one name in black letters.

[FONT=System]EDEN B.[/FONT]
Reluctantly, Brian dialed the number. One ring, two rings... The phone seemed to work on her name, but now it was just the problem of getting her to answer. Four rings, five....
Just as Brian was about to hang up, a young voice came from the reciever, [B]"Hello?"[/B]
She sounded tired. It was kind of late, but that didn't stop Brian, [B]"Hey, Eden. It's Brian. What are you up to tonight?"[/B][/SIZE]

[size=1][color=gray]Dorian woke up to loud banging against his door, his head spinning slightly as he tried to stand up recieving a sharp pain in his temple. That would be the last time he drank that much egg nog. Christmas just seemed like a blurr, nothing special really happened. The members of Dorian's family he was close to had long since passed from this life, so the holiday mainly consisted of drinking and eating, coupled with more drinking. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Back to what awoke him from his sleep, another heavy knock landed on the door, before Dorian could stumble over and answer. As he undid the dead bolt, twisting the knob, the open door reavealed no person, just a pink paper, with words he never thought he'd see again, EVICTION NOTICE.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Slamming the door, he stalked back into his appartment, the unsure steps he had replaced by the sure steps of adrenaline. "[b]What the fuck, what is this I am current on everything, and this building is in perfect condition."[/b] Grabbing his phone he walked into the bathroom and started to dial his landlords number but the phone dropped from his hand when he saw his reflection.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Dorian's body was engulfed in swirling shadow, from head to toe. The only think that wasn't covered where his eyes, the glowed a bright silver surrounded by the contrast of darkness. Slowly Dorian reached up a hand and felt along his face, he could feel his features. [b]"Still human."[/b] Dorian breathed out in releif, it was hard enough living when you couldn't see in normal light, let alone looking like death himself. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"I wonder what else I can do?"[/b] Curious at this new application of his gift, Dorain set a hand on the light switch. Squinting just in case this was less than he though he flicked on the light, it's dull glow illuminating the small bathroom. The light didn't hurt though, Dorian could see. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Reaching to the flood Dorain grabbed his phone, and finished dialing the number. Listening to the rings he tried to steady his voice. Between the anger and shock of both unexpected occurences, he didn't want to come off wrong to his landlord.[/color][/size]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=gray][/color][/size][/font]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"Hello"[/b] His landlords dull feminine voice answered on the other line of the phone.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Dorian took another deep breath to try and take the edge off his tone but his words still came out rather sharp but unsteady [b]"Hey Dorothy, I just recieved an Eviction Notice on my door, whats the deal, I haven't missed and payments, never had any problems, and now I'm being kicked out, what the hell is going on?"[/b][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"Oh it's you Dorian, I don't know but you're not the only one. There was a slick lookin official from the city, said that there was a large natural gas line underneath our building, and it's cracked or leaking something to that effect. So they are gonna try to get to it with out knockin this place down but they can't have anyone living here because it's a health hazard, plus if they do have to knock it down, then no ones in it."[/b] Dorothy explained, her voice growing raspy as she emphasized some words. Dorian sighed on the other line, taking a seat on his bed.[/color][/size]
[b][size=1][color=gray]"So where does that put us, how much time do we have?" [/color][/size][/b]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"Not long, they want out of here by tomorrow, preferably tonight since there is a health risk involved, the gas company is trying to avoid lawsuits. The good thing is they have made arrangements for a new place for everyone, including movers. You can come by and pick it up with you're money for this months rent, ok?"[/b] [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Taking another deep breath, that was a relief, still the whole thing was inconvenient but shit happens. [b]"Thanks Dorothy, hopefully they don't tear this place down, but if they do let me know if you decide to rebuild, I'd like to move back here."[/b] She was a good landlord, she took care of the building, and was coopertive with people, and that was hard to find in a land lord. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"Thank you, I'll remember that, See ya soon Dorian, bye"[/b] The other side of the line went dead and Dorian hung up his side as well. It was going to be a long day, and Dorian needed to be slightly more sober.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=#808080][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=#808080]OOC: Sorry if this post is crappy I kinda rushed it, reason one I haven't posted in awhile, and reason 2 I'm tired. But yeah the mission got accomplished, Dorian is Evicted, and the new place for him to stay is obviously the mansion.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]The fire, the boy, Charles being so angry, so full of hate. The flames were his, Beth knew, even though she had escaped the burning mansion as fast as possible. She wanted badly to see that man again, if only because she felt such a connection to him. But there were the others and she?d somehow managed to lose contact with each of them. Now more than ever she felt as though she needed an alliance and yet here she was. Alone again.

Christmas had come without much trouble, though Beth had spent as little time as possible in her apartment. She had researched anyone whose name she knew and that she suspected of being in the same situation as her, but it was hard work. Too hard, really.

Now she was back form her weekly shop, an impossible amount of bags looped over her wrists and arms as she held her keys between pursed lips. Her mother had always said she?d make the perfect housewife, though Beth didn?t really take it as a compliment. She caught the eye of the doorman as he rested in the hallway and he quickly came out to help her, carrying same of the bags up to her apartment. Though, for some reason, he looked a little disappointed. Beth decided not to ask, but when she saw her door she knew instantly what the problem was.

[B]?Evicted??[/B] she gaped, dropping her shopping softly to the hallway floor. The doorman shifted nervously and laid a gloved hand on her shoulder, squeezing a little.

[B]?I saw some guy this morning doing it. The cops say vagrants have been staying outside here and they tracked it back to you.?[/B]

Beth couldn?t believe what she was hearing. Only once had Charles camped outside on the doorstep, but how could the police pin that on her. She was going to ask but simply couldn?t find the right, or polite, words.

[B]?I?I have to move out?? [/B] she managed, that questioning tone still annoyingly present in her voice. The doorman shifted again and shrugged, obviously not pleased by the situation.

[B]?I guess so Beth. Gee, I?m really sorry?I?m sure they?ll let you back once the cops get over themselves.?[/B]

Beth only nodded dumbly and thanked the man, going into her apartment to start packing everything up.

Perhaps she wasn?t so keen on Charles now after all.

[B]OOC: Sorry to pin that on you, Ozy, but it was the most interesting(bizarre) thing I could think of that Quan could have organised. >>[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Moses had always had a home.

It hadn?t always been good, or bad, but he had always had one, as far back as he could remember; the group home, his real parents home?his foster homes.

But now he had none of the above; Nance and Kevin were glaring at him, and Nance?s arms were crossed tightly over her chest as Kevin shoved him towards the waiting taxi with a sneer.

?Go on, I?m sure we don?t want you here no more.? He heard Kevin mutter with maybe just the slightest bit of fear; truth be told, the social worker [i]had[/i] been a little on the ??what?s wrong with this man?? type of way.

As Moses slid into the cab the driver twisted in his seat to look back at the teen with a bored expression broad on his face.

?Where to?? No sooner had the words passed the cabbies lips than Moses knew something was off. His social worker had?had said the cabbie would know where to take him, hadn?t he? A sigh escaped his mouth as he sat back.

?Uhm?er?just go towards the center of town.? He tried to look grown up and like he knew what he was doing, when honestly he did not and ? much to his chagrin ? it showed clear on his face.

The cabbie, however, made no objections and simply pulled away from the curb and drove the cab down the street away from Nance and Kevin?s house and headed towards?well, whatever it was, Moses did not know.

After some time of driving, Moses grew bored with watching his shoes and raised his head so that he could watch the price meter instead; his eyes widened suddenly as he dug around in his jacket pockets, searching through until he came up with his wallet.

A quick count of the money in his wallet turned up just enough for the cab bill ? if he stopped and got out right [i]now[/i]! Moses reached out, tapping the cabbie on the shoulder as he pulled the bills out of his wallet.

?I, uh, stop here, mi- uhm?sir. I get out here.? He jerked his head towards the sidewalk as he grabbed his two suitcases and backpack from the floor by his feet, sliding out of the car.

The cabbie did nothing more than raise his eyebrow as he took the money Moses offered him and handed back change. And then Moses was left on the sidewalk with two suitcases by his feet and absolutely no clue where to go next.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkolivegreen]OOC: Anyone want to meet mai po? lost boi? Er?my poor lost boy. >>[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=Green]OOC: Hope this is okay. ^_^" Wasn't sure what else to do.
---

Bella hadn't returned to the house since she'd walked out. She didn't want to run the risk of doing something like that to her parents -- or anyone -- again.

Instead, she'd checked into a motel, had holed herself up there and spent a lonely christmas watching TV and wondering what the fuck was wrong with her. She buried herself in the clean -- albeit cheap bed clothes and tried not to wake up.

On the fifth day, she ran out of money.

She sighed and left the motel, her hands slung deep in her pockets. She was hungry (too busy sleeping to bother to eat) and cold. She didn't want to return to her parents, couldn't bear the thought that one day she'd get angry at them and then they'd die.

She was walking towards god-knows where in the city, watching the pavement pass underneath her feet, trying to ignore everyone, when she felt a sort of tingle at the back of her neck. Something felt like it was calling her, almost...tugging at her.

She looked up, wary but interested. She was somewhere near the city, definately, and there were people around, but her gaze was drawn to one person in particular; a teenaged boy standing on the cement walkway with a confused expression on his face and a suitcase on either side of his legs.

She took a step. Two. Felt that awful power in her rising quickly, as if being around him made some instincts stand up on end, like something inside her recognised him.

She tamped it down with some effort. He meant something, then.

Biting her lip, trying to make a decision whether or not to approach him, she stared at the boy.

Well, she couldn't go home, and she had no money. What worse could there be?

She approached the boy. Feeling like an idiot and completely out of place, she held out her hand. "Hi, I'm Bella."
[/color][/size][/font]

[SIZE=1]The worst part of drinking was waking up in the morning, although really Dani loved waking up, feeling ill and going back to sleep. It made him feel better about being lazy. This morning, however, he awoke slowly, wincing in pain from a headache and wondering why he so damn heavy. Overnight obesity did not sound like a good idea.

He yawned sleepily, looked down at his chest. For a moment he wasn?t entirely sure what he was looking at, then his eyes widened when he noticed it was Juliet. He looked across the couch; both of them were under his jacket, Juliet resting on his chest. He then noticed the bottles of alcohol on the coffee table, empty. Oh, this wasn?t good.

Dani bit his lip and sighed. Although he had to admit it wasn?t uncomfortable having someone asleep on him ? someone like Juliet, he supposed ? he was sure [I]she[/I] wouldn?t be too happy.

He sat up slowly, lifted her head up and winced as he did so. Almost knocking a bottle off, he managed to slip away and lay her head back down on the couch, without actually waking her. He mouthed a string of swear words and backed away, tip-toeing like he?d just disturbed a grey hound.

Dani walked into the kitchen still tiptoeing and swearing. He remembered everything last night? or maybe he was sober at that point and more stuff happened. He swore again when thinking of that. Then he decided the hang over was making me want to throw up and proceeded to run up the stairs.

He had his hand on the banister and was about to jump up the stairs until he noticed something in the window of his door. A silhouette. He narrowed his eyes, sneered.

If it was Quan, he?d fuck him up, for being so annoying and omni present. If it were anyone else, he?d just? well, he might as well fuck them up as well, he guessed. Maybe it was his friend who promised to come round?

No, wasn?t going to take that chance. Crazy stuff had been happening lately, far too crazy. Dani sneered again, concluding that Dave wouldn?t be stood on the porch like an idiot.

Just to be safe, Dani took up the gun Quan had given him and the bullets. Dani had far too many thoughts in his head to care about the risk of anything right now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B]occ: short I know I''m sorry but mission acomplished Capt'n. Hope everyhting is ok with you Darren, let me know if it isn't.[/B]

[B]"Hey, Eden. It's Brian. What are you up to tonight?" [/B] Eden shifted uncomfortably on the hard wooden bench she had sat herself on. What would she be up to tonight? Not much, her house had apparently contracted some sort of horrible bug infestation and she wasn?t allowed in untill they were all exterminated.

[B]?I don?t know, my house has some sort of infestation and they won?t let me in.? [/B] Eden sighed as she leant back into the seat.

[B]?Oh, I?m sorry.?[/B] Brian said, unsure what to say about her house. Eden shrugged as she watched men scurry about with various pieces of equipment.

[B]?Don?t be sorry, it is not your fault, where are you??[/B] Eden stood from her bench and began to walk down the street towards a large multi-story car park leaving the bike parked where it was. Brian took a fair while before he answered Eden, as if he was contemplating every possible out come to do with answering her question.

[B]?I?m about five blocks from the Hilton.?[/B] Eden put her hand over the mobiles speaker as she thanked the staff for locating her car keys before moving out.

[B]?Stay where you are, I?ll pick you up and then we can figure out some course of action. Agreed??[/B] Eden found her car and unlocked the doors manually. Getting in she immediately keyed the ignition and turned up the heat on the air-conditioning.

[B]?Sure.? [/B] Brian?s agreeing sounded somewhat reluctant. The pair discussed exactly where they would meet before Eden finally left the car park. Her car was a small, inconspicuous and compact silver Ford, relatively new and only 2 door.

[B]?OK see you soon, goodbye Brian.? [/B]

[B]?Bye.?[/B] He half mumbled. Eden hung up and made her way towards the Hilton. She had no idea whatsoever what Brian and herself were going to do after she picked him up. Her stomach growled loudly as realised that she was very hungry. [/SIZE]

Eddie came home early from work. "Another day, Another dollar."

Work was a slow day. He kept seeing that same news report all day. He kept looking over his shoulder the whole day. He park his car where he usually does and walked through the alley where he almost got mugged. The holes that were made by the spikes that came out were covered up by now. The holes in the apartment wall were also covered up.

Eddie walked away before anyone would start asking questions. He walked into his apartment, the TV was one and there was a commercial for some TV show he's never heard about. it was called "HEROES" or something. Eddie wasnt paying attention to the TV he just wanted to take a shower and get some rest. These last of couple days since Cat's death hasnt been easy on him. His nights haunted with dreams he doesnt understand.

He walked into his room to get his towel but stopped in his tracks. Clothes were scattered around. Some of which werent even his. His girlfriend giggling under the sheets and someone elses voice coming from there also.

"Que chingado es esto?(What the hell is this?)"

His girlfriend gasped and came from under the sheet along with some other guy. Eddie didnt say a word. the shock was too much. He snapped. the water bed exploded and in the middle of the air the water froze. both his girlfriend and the other guy were knocked out. Before either of them woke up Eddie had grab some clothing and left his apartment. Maybe for the last time.

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Darkness settled in and Juliet tried hard to look through it. It didn?t take long before she realized she had closed her eyes- or perhaps she covered them. When she opened them a hideous sight befell them. There, standing in front of her, was Dani and a woman. This woman had blood pooled around her. Dani merely stood there wide-eyed and shocked, Juliet?s eyes widened as well. The warm blood trailed down to where she stood and created a puddle around her feet. She couldn?t speak, Juliet just stood there watching, breathing, and wondering.

Then like a sudden scene change in a play, Juliet was standing in a club similar to the one from that very night. In fact, it was the very same club and very same night. The same music played and the same people danced; except this time something wasn?t right. Juliet?s eyes trailed around the room looking up and down, right to left; there was nothing that could?ve seemed wrong?except for Quan standing in a corner with that god-awful smile looking in Juliet?s direction. He diverted his gaze to something below, in fact everyone was staring at something below.

Juliet leaned forward on the railing and saw two small figures. Squinting her eyes, she realized the figures were her friend and the murdered man. She looked up to find Quan again but he was nowhere to be found, he was never anywhere to be found when you wanted questions. She swore under her breath and pushed her way down to the floor.

The man scoffed as she came behind her friend. His mouth moved but no sound came out, only his mocking laughter was heard. This only fueled the fire that burned within. The same anger, the same rage, it all felt too familiar, it all felt like that night. And just like that distinctive night, inky blackness grew beneath Juliet and black tentacles twisted around her. They took form into snakes and darted towards the man; it didn?t take long for Juliet?s eyes to change to its white-gold color.

He was silenced for now. The man?s laughter settled into a muffled scream. People backed away as the snakes hissed and slithered towards them. Without a moment?s hesitation, something triggered within Juliet that caused her to do what she feared doing most: kill. The black snakes thrust forward and choked, they combined to create weapons, and did all things chaotic. All the while, Juliet walked towards the man- pinned against the wall by her snakes.

Air-cutting bloodlust exuded from her being, slicing the man as she got nearer but never touching him. As she got close enough to him, she recalled the black snakes and watched them climb up this man?s body. Juliet smiled devilishly and?

She woke up with a gasp. Confused from her dream- more like nightmare- it took Juliet a few seconds to register where she was. She remembered coming to Dani?s house and having a few drinks. Sighing, she sat up and looked at the many empty bottles of alcohol; the leather jacket fell to the ground. Looking at it, it somehow reminded her of a distinct smell from last night.[/size][/color]