OtakuBoards

Gifts and Curses

Vicky

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Zane finally regained his conciseness roughly less than an hour after Juliet had knocked him out with a swift kick to the face. For that time, he was prone on the floor, almost as if in some kind of a trance. Yet once he had finally woke back up, the intense pain began to build in his forehead. It pulsed with his heartbeat, the pain rising and falling almost as if it was in tune with it.

[B]?That fucking bitch!?[/B] He growled out getting back onto his feet, his stance was weak and wobbly, probably some of the after effects from her attack on his head.[B] ?What kind of fucking audacity does she have to attack me in such a way?!? [/B] Although his voice was without a doubt angered in a way, it wasn?t loud enough for someone who was around the building to heat. His knuckles cracked as he tightened his free hand, its counterpart was holding onto the left side of his head. His usual cool and collected expression was full of rage and anger; this was a side of his personality that the populace was to never see.

His anger was slowly starting to boil down to almost nothing as he finally managed to get some gauze and wrapping it many times around his forehead? By this, all that he could do was take some pain medication and hope for the best. As time slowly began to go by, his rage began to slowly subside; now all he had to do was try to complete his scheme.

As Zane slowly began to collect his thoughts as he sat on the couch trying to think over the last couple of events that just took place.[B] ?Oh god? because of that woman?s? interference; I may have to rethink my plot. Everything was going so smoothly and now with this my entire scheme may be compromised?Now the only thing is to think of how I will regain my status and continue, there will be no more mistakes.? [/B]

The man grumbled to himself as he began to put on some new clothes and headed outside, he had to think just where he was going to move next, maybe just prowl around the town and see if he could run into some kind of action. [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]Beth had seen Charles walking back towards her house that night, before he seemed to have slept on her doorstep. She considered walking down to meet him or invite him in, but supposed he was too proud or stubborn for that. Besides, even though she liked him, she didn't completely trust him. She didn?t trust many people these days.

She was walking down a high street, happy shoppers laughing and smiling as they wound their way around each other. Beth checked her watch as she hurried with both hands full of shopping, surprised by how many people were out at the time. She would probably end up missing her bus, only adding to the stress already mounting up on her.

She had stayed up most of the night trying to figure out the connection everyone had between them. She had already come to the conclusion that all the people she was in jail with had powers like she did; though apart from Charles it was any guess as to what they were. She hadn't come up with many things, but something that she kept coming back to was the Zodiac. It was confusing and gave her a headache just to think about it, but Beth knew she'd have to find out more. If she ever caught that damn bus.

Just when she had caught sight of the yellow shelter, a shadow crossed her path and she was sent stumbling backwards as someone hit her shoulder. She groaned and clutched at her bags tighter, looking up into a somehow familiar face.

[B]OOC: Oh, the old 'running into someone' technique is so useful for bringing oneself back into the story =p If anyone's willing, Beth is free.[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Moses' eyes widened and he reached out to gently steady Beth as he turned back to the bus-stop.

"I'm...uh, sorry. I wasn't looking, my head was in the clouds, you know?" He could feel himself blushing at his own rudeness in bumping into the woman so he kept his head turned away and watched the passing traffic for the bus. A gentle, gloved hand patted his shoulder.

"It isn't that much of a problem, you just...startled me." Moses looked back at Beth and gave her a smile, then frowned; Beth's face was familiar somehow...his forehead furrowed as he jammed his hands in his pockets, wincing as the burn on his hand was stretched.

[i]Where is she from...oh! ...the jail?![/i] He turned to study her again, squinting; yep, that was where she was from. Moses studied her a bit more before deciding to speak again -- she seemed a nicer...but since the one he was comparing her to was Dani, that wasn't hard.

[i]Though he does seem a bit nicer when not in jail.[/i] "You were in the jail, weren't you?" The words were out of Moses' mouth before he could help it and so he cringed. [i]Oh, that was polite...good going boy, bump into her then ask rude questions, she's going to slap you for sure.[/i] Moses cringed back further and didn't look at Beth; if the kind looking woman wasn't looking so kind, he didn't want to see.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Walking out of the apartment complex with a satisfied smile on her face, Juliet found herself underneath a street sign. Looking up at it, it reminded her that she had no idea where she was. Groaning, she read the words that were held within the green sign and cursed aloud. She was on the opposite side of where she was before. She looked down the street and soon found a cab, with a snap of her fingers and a flick of her wrist, it stopped before her.

She stepped into the yellow and black car with discontent. The driver asked her where she wanted to go and then went on with routine questions when strangers sat in the back seat: How are you; nice weather we?re having, right; and other such questions. She merely answered with short answers and looked out the window, watching the world pass her by.

Finally, she came to her destination and the comforts of her home. She thought back to what had happened earlier and a smile crept on her face. She wasn?t like most girls. In fact, she wasn?t like a girl- or so people said. Juliet loved to fight, give pain, and blow things up- go figure. She loved watching people writhe in pain as she looked at them with pleasure. How she had enjoyed giving that guy pain.

[B]?You take pleasure in pain too much, my dear.?[/B] Juliet merely scoffed at the sound of this voice. [B]?But it seems to suit you well, daughter of Ophiuchus.?[/B] She sat up and found herself looking at a hooded figure with a voice so subtle and slick yet dangerous and deviant.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Dani clasped his hands around Charles and let his nails dig into the man?s skin. Dani kinda figured he was wasting time now, Quan would be annoyed. Dani frowned at Charles, pushed him backwards until Charles stopped himself with his heel with before a wall.

[B]?Look at a me.?[/B] Dani snarled. [B]?Fuckin? look at me!?[/B] Dani got angry now and forced Charles? eyes to be level with his own. When this happen, Dani smirked and immediately put his mind to work.

Charles offered both mental and physical resistances. He moved his head around to try and break free, but not only was it no use now that a link had already been made it was also becoming harder for Charles to concentrate on defending himself both physically and mentally. Dani started getting pretty annoyed, Charles? attempts were futile, he was up against someone who knew exactly what he was doing? Charlie-boy really had nothing to defend himself with.

If there were any visual image to describe barging into someone?s head then it would have been Dani charging head first into a glass window and smashing it into pieces. At least, that?s what it felt like. Whatever Charles wanted to say or do inside his own head wasn?t going to happen anymore. Dani was the starter of the mental like, he was dominate, whatever he said would happen. Charlie had no place in his own god-damn head.

Before Dani could actually figure out what he was going to do to Charles he was flooded with a variety of images, messed up and batched together. Dani couldn?t make heads of tails of any of it and it was soon becoming a bit overwhelming. So much for control. He closed his eyes, bit down on his tongue in an attempt to stop whatever was happening and regain control. As long as Dani had a say in what happened in Charles? head, and if Dani couldn?t say [I]anything[/I]? well, things were just getting out of control.

Dani?s eyes shot open suddenly when he felt a sharp, burning pain over his already scarred hand. The blood from Charles? forehead had ran down his face and onto Dani?s knuckles making Dani?s hand look far worse. Dani forgot all about what he was doing for that moment and seemingly went off guard, more concerned about the pain and the state of his knuckles after all this was done.

Charles took his chance. With whatever he had left, he rose his knee fast and hard into Dani?s chest, effectively knocking the gothic man backwards. Dani was startled quite badly and, like he did quite often, lost his footing and ended up on his back.

Holy shit. Any thoughts beforehand were completely gone and replaced by something Dani couldn?t put into order. He took one quick glance at Charles, who was knelt down against the wall his with hands over his head. Dani didn?t want to stay around. He got up, somewhat shakily, glanced at Charles knowing any damage done to the punk would be paid back double. At that thought Dani definitely picked up speed and left the alley for the punk to stir in.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Sorry about my lack of posting guys. Many thanks to Veritas and only1specialed for mentioning Eden here and there, much appreciated guys. Lame post from me but at least its something.

---

[B]?Shall we go?? [/B] Dorian proposed to Eden and Eddie. The two men began to walk off before Eden stopped them.

[B]?Before we go I have a question.? [/B] She then paused as if asking for their permission to speak.

[B]?Well?? [/B] Dorian asked.

[B]?Yesterday at the bar, you mentioned something. A commercial, what exactly did it say?? [/B] Eden cocked her head to one side in a questioning manner and fixed up her shoulder slung bag. Eddie looked at Dorian and he appeared to look back, although it was difficult to tell because of his dark glasses. Dorian chose to answer the question.

[B]?It said, among other things that ?the stars themselves have granted several chosen ones unlimited power! Come to the Harlem Academy to learn more about these secret, gifted humans! From burning objects to the touch, breathing deadly gases and enforces dark images into ones mind.? ?[/B] Dorian recited the lines from the radio advertisement as if he had just heard them. Eden contemplated what she had just heard and stood in silence.

[B]?So, no one thought that this could possibly be a trap of some sorts??[/B] Eden heard Eddie mumbles something in another language as she looked to Dorian who slowly shook his head.

[B]?Proceed with caution??[/B] Dorian questioned. Both Eden and Eddie nodded in agreement. The trio began to walk off when Eden stopped them once again.

[B]?I guess before we go?I should tell you my ?powers?.?[/B] Eden seemed to dislike using the word powers and felt reluctant in sharing them with anyone. Counting her grandfather, these two would be the only people she. She suspected that Danni and some others may have found out her powers just by observing her. Eddie and Dorian seemed quite interested when she said she would tell them her gift. Eden took them out of site before putting her bag to one side and crouching down.

[B]?Usually it?s quite difficult for me to do this on command but, if I try hard enough I think I can??[/B] Eden placed one hand down on the concrete ground and it immediately began to tremble. She concentrated harder and the near by walls and ground began to shake more violently and even crack, they would feel the ground move beneath them. Eden stoped her self before she did too much damage and retrieved her bag.

[B]?So that?s it I guess, I can cause earthquakes and not just in the ground but I guess I?ll have to save that for another time. Shall we?? [/B] Eden walked back out into plain sight with Eddie and Dorian in tow. Both were looking at one another and at the back of Eden in surprise. Eden actuallt felt some sort of strange trust bewteen herself, Eddie and Dorian, she wasn't afraid of them, a thought which actually made her smile. [/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]
[B][CENTER]Caution: Writing for Writing's Sake [aka rambling]; Unapologetic Character History, violence, mentions of very-not-nice things. >>;;[/CENTER][/B]

--

All thoughts of hurting fled ? Charles now just wanted to [i]flee. [/i] He tried to pry Dani?s hand free, but the man wasn?t budging.

[i]The city was hot. [/i]

He shook his head, blinking and twitching, Dani?s fingers hurting his skin. It was still cool, damp?not hot, so where that mental image had come from, he wasn?t sure?

[i]The alley was alive, if truly only a hellish perversion of life. The sound of fists hitting flesh filled the space between the buildings; catcalls, chants and jeers filled the empty places behind the vehicular drone of the city.

It was like those old movies they had snuck into sometimes, what seemed like a million years ago?the ones where they threw people to the lions while the city burned down around their ears?only there were neon club lights and the controlled barrel fires this night, instead of a raging inferno. Lights, flames flashed on the skin, shone out of the eyes?The 19th Street Tigers were on the prowl. [/i]

Something seemed to shatter in his head. Something seemed to shatter like a wall of glass. He tried to jerk away, tried to pull his eyes from Dani?s eyes, the dark, dark depths?

[i]The Tigers had their prey. The Razor Rats ? rival gang. Most rival gang. The Tigers? biggest problem. Headed by Carlos, Prophet of the Straight Razor. And tonight? Reduced to mice. The Razor Rats had a problem. Their leader had a weak point. Their leader had a younger brother in all but blood?

The Ripper. All the city feared his name ? head of the Tigers, the dark death to the Rat?s priest ? infamous for cruelty, even in this dog-eat-dog world. Or, as the case was tonight, tiger-eat-rat.

The Ripper ? he always had plans. Tonight, he may have originally had plans for blackmail. He may have originally had plans for kidnapping, ransom and terms. Maybe. Originally. Whatever it had originally been, it had changed, melted out of shape by the insane heat and the drug of the flames, promising anything ? any words, any thoughts, any acts - could be cleansed by the fire of that night. [/i]

Blood trickled down his forehead. Dani was still pinning him to the wall ? he?d managed to get a foot up, against the wall, so he wasn?t entirely forced back, but he was still too close to pinned, too close to trapped for his liking. And the thoughts running through his head ? he couldn?t move. Couldn?t move unless the alien [i]darkness [/i]in his mind told him to.

[i]Charles de Fontaine wasn?t going to survive the night. [/i]

He could remember that night. He didn?t want to remember that night, but it was running through his mind so very, very fast that the outside world, Dani and his dark eyes, seemed to inch?

To slow?

To crawl?

And then, finally, to stop, and freeze ? just Dani and Charles and the pictures. The memories.

[i]He sat, glowering halfheartedly. He?d been flying high until a boot from behind had slammed into his ribs. A whole line of the best stuff ? a whole lotta money ? and it was gone with one blow. His breathing was shallow, his chest aching, his back moreso?the attack had brought him crashing down ? and hard. He sat there, twitching and wired and hostile.

The alley was shadowy, the flames casting massive, looming shadows that watched like hungry beasts, the lions of the movies?thrown against skin and brick and metal alike.

And the sounds?Charles stared dully. They?d slammed him to the ground here, kicked and punched, like the others. A Tiger stood behind him, hands in his pockets, cigarette hanging from his lip, sneering down at him.

One of the others, now, Johnny or something like that, had been dragged behind the dumpster, shrieking in what sounded like pure agony. [/i]Charles, then, shuddered.

Charles, now, struggled to breath against that strange frozen feeling, trying to move enough to even just [i]glare[/i]. Dani?s eyes had gone strange, fire and shadow mixing in their depths.

[i]His cocaine fogged brain drew up memories of other encounters; encounters that ended with names and symbols carved into skin, slathered with salt?his body twitched. His guard drove a booted heel between his shoulder blades. ?You?ll get your turn soon enough.? The other Tigers in hearing range laughed.

It hadn?t been a friendly sound. He?d spat at the foot of his guard, almost got a boot to the teeth in return. But someone shouted something at his would-be attacker, and he stopped before the kick could connect?

His mind was on carving and salt, knives and pain as the reason for the screaming. ?I won?t scream, they can?t make me- So?when the tall Tiger stepping around the dumpster made a show of fastening the front of his trousers?[/i]

Charles, now, has remembered why he never wanted to remember that night. [i]Get out of my head. Get out, now. Get out before I strangle you with your own hair, break every last rib, get out?[/i]it wasn?t working. Dani had control ?

[i]Charles? mind stalled. He just stared, trying to breath, trying to move backwards, away ? he didn?t make the full, complete connection until the man leered at him, licking his lips. There was a howl of derisive laughter when he went scrambling backwards, staggering to his feet.

The laughter only grew when he bolted for the mouth of the alley ? and was intercepted halfway there, dragged back towards the dumpster by half-a-dozen men. He did not want to go behind that dumpster. Not in a million years. He managed to grab the edge, clinging with all his strength, protesting in a constant stream of gibberish.

Someone pried his fingers loose. His hands slid for a heart-stopping second, then caught ? until the boot that had attempted to slam his mouth hit his knuckles ? there was no way to catch hold again. He was dragged back, slammed down, hard, on the hot concrete. [/i]

Present. [i]Get out of my head, you?[/i]he couldn?t think of a curse strong enough for how he was feeling ? desperate and trapped. And Dani?s eyes were still shifting, maybe not really but something in them was glittering ? dangerously.

[i]The alley behind the dumpster smelled: old trash, sweat, fresh blood, cigarette smoke and plain, blatant lust. Charles choked, trying to push himself back up ? someone shoved him back down, hard enough that the concrete split his lip.

"Carlos?s gonna kill you for this,? he managed to rasp out, trying to ignore the rough hands on his ribs, his back, his neck?someone leaned down, close enough to purr in his ear.

?Won?t be enough of you left for him to know we did this, kid.? Hands moved to his clothes, fumbling with buckles and zippers and straps. Rage and fear overtook his mind and he was ? mentally ? far away when the real pain began. [/i]

Charles shuddered, still glaring into Dani?s eyes. Somehow?he?Dani didn?t seem in [i]charge[/i] anymore. Something [i]else[/i] was ? not Dani, and not him?it was terrifying.

[i]His mind was still a haze when it finally stopped. He struggled to breath against the wracking pain; the concrete ground into his ribs and the rough, burning pain in his throat. Hands jerked him upright, forcing him to stand ? someone else?s hand clamped over his chin, forcing him to stare into eyes equally soullessly dark.

?You screamed louder than the first one.? The next thing he knew, he was crashing to the floor of the dumpster. Full of newspaper, the metal strangely cool to the touch ? everything suddenly seemed cold; everything except his own body, which burned in humiliation, pain and futile rage. The only movement he could make was shoving his fingers in his ears when the screaming began again. He was dimly aware of the lid reopening, others being thrown in ? the stringent smell of gasoline joining the other scents?

?See?Carlos won?t know a thing.? A match sputtered to life. The papers soon followed?then, flames. [/i]

Charles? knee jerked up, something must have faltered in Dani, because he could move again. It slammed into the Goth?s chest, sending him tumbling backwards. Charles jerked away, hands flying to his temples, trying to slow his breathing.

[i]I?I didn?t want to remember that?[/i]and yet, he couldn?t move ? couldn?t do anything but wait for Dani to?leave? He leaned on the wall, dimly aware of Dani?s footsteps fading down the alley. He was leaving?Charles was vulnerable, and the freak was [i]leaving[/i]. That only led to the assumption that he?d been scared off ? or burned again.

He managed to get to his feet once Dani was gone, managed to make it the last few feet to his apartment. He let himself in and collapsed onto the couch, shivering uncontrollably. [i]That guy better mean what he said?[/i]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

It was strangely an ordinary day for Victor. Recently everything had been strange and nothing seemed as peaceful as it did today. Victor had been awake an hour now and was ready to go to work.

As Victor drove the streets he did notice something starnge; it was peaceful, there was no arguments or conflict as if something more important was happening, the streets were quiet for once. But Vicotr could not enjoy this fact, there was definately something [I]unreal[/I] about this.

It was as if fate didn't care for the ordinary person anymore, everything seemed to conspire around a small group of people, the people from the prison. There msut be some kind of connection between them all but Victor did not know what.

it was a very uneventful day, so uneventful Victor left work after half way through the day. Today was boring, for Victor anyway.

By Night time it was strange, everything was in the process of returning to normal. Victor was extremely freaked out, something extraordinary had happened and Victor wanted to know what.

OOC: Sorry for the extremely crappy post, I seem to be suffering from continious writer's block

[B]"Ah, my feet are tired!"[/B] Cat pretty much screamed. A few of the people who were on the sidewalk at that hour gave her odd glances. She didn't seem to notice or care.
Despite her apperance, Brian was now for certain that he was in the prescence of a child. And man was she a lot to handle. [I]I feel like I'm babysitting a two-year-old,[/I] he thought. And then added, [I]I don't think I should be taking her to a BAR then.[/I]
But it didn't really matter. Brian had no idea where he was going anyway. It turned out that the city was surprisingly larger than he thought. The buildings were tall and spread out, so it was impossible to tell what was coming up around the corner. And nearly all the cafes looked the same. Cat had actually ran into three of them so far, thinking that it was them. She didn't bother to look at the sign. This was the second time that Brian had been lost; apparently, the police station is farther from the cafe than he thought. And since he wasn't pay a lot of attention in the police car on the way down to the station, he was completely and totally lost.
[I]If only I didn't ditch that map,[/I] he thought recalling Moses and Dani, praying that the kid was alright.
His thoughts were interrupted by, [B]"DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHERE WE'RE GOING?"[/B] At this point, Cat was on the other side of the street, walking on the sidewalk opposite him. And the elderly couple that was walking by obviously didn't see Brian so they gave her a look like she was crazy. He couldn't help but laugh, but was brought back to earth by her serious glance.
[B]"Of course I know where we're going. But it was really far away from the station."[/B]
[B]"That's what you said an hour ago,"[/B] she retorted, looking down at her watch.
[B]"And it's still true right now. Have patience."[/B] he said, trying to sound calm, but failing miserably.
[B]"Ohhhh,"[/B] Cat groaned, obviously bored with Brian's response. Then, [B]"Hey, we've passed that big clock like twice now!"[/B]
[B]"Oh,"[/B] He said, embarrased that he'd taken her around the block in his frustration, [B]"It must be a different one."[/B]
[B]"YOU'RE LYING TO ME!"[/B] She screamed, louder than usual, getting even more odd looks form the passer-by, [B]"I could find this place better than you!"[/B] and she started to run around the corner.
Brian, eager to keep up with her, crossed the street and darted after her. Surprisingly things [I]actually[/I] started to look familiar. He slowed down a bit, recognizing some of the buildings. (they still looked the same as the others, but they had their own differences such as graffitti and some of them looked more ran down. [I]Okay, so it was 3 lefts, not 2. I see now,[/I] Brian thought in his head, and he stopped chasing Cat and took a right across the street. Cat, obviousyl craving attention, began wondering why he stopped following her so she slowed to a stop.
[B]"Where are you going?"[/B]
[B]"I remember where we are!"[/B] he shouted back across the intersection. Cat didnt' even question him, she just ran across the intersection to join him. (she didnt' even look for cars. It wasn't very busy yet, but still, that was dangerous)
[B]"You're going to get yourself killed you know that?"[/B] Brian said, pointint back at the pavement where she could have been hit by a car.
Cat shrugged it off, [B]"nah,"[/B] then after a brief pause, [B]"So where is it?"[/B]
[B]"Right around this corner."[/B] Brian indicated with his finger. She couldn't see the cafe because there was a tall cement wall running along the sidewalk, (littered with graffitti) but Brian knew it was there.
As they turned the corner, however, Cat bumped into an old man. He looked homeless. He had a long gray beard. and he was wearing an old fedora. But he was holding a stack of papers that dropped out of his hands and all three of them bent down to pick them up.
[B]"I'm sorry about that,"[/B] Cat exclaimed. There was a mulititude of words said by Cat and Brian, but they were both talking so fast and at the same that, the old timer didnt' catch a word of it.
He just waited unitl they stopped talking and when he finally had all his fliers in his hands he just said, [B]"That's quite alright."[/B]
Brian thought about offering buy the poor guy a drink, but then noticed that he had an open luchbox with what looked like a feast. Maybe this guy was homeless after all. When they started to cross the street to the cafe, the man spoke up, [B]"Here. Take one of these."[/B]
Brian thought about declining, but felt sorry for knocking them out of his hands in the first place. So he and Cat both took one, thanking him and walking a few feet down to read the fliers in private.

[CENTER]Zodiac: The Gifts and the Curses!

Come and see the wonder of the 21st century, a once in a life time chance to witness the power of the stars!

For centuries, mankind has fabricated legends around these birth signs and many people believed them. The stars were the key to our curiosity, they always have been. But many people believe the myths around birth signs and the zodiac to simply be fantasy, a lucky guess at our personalities. The stars had granted us scared nights in which we are at our best, qualities for our personalities beyond our imagination and now they offer us one more thing: power![/CENTER]

Brian stopped reading there. It sounded like bullshit, but Cat seemed to be reading intently. He looked back to see if the coast was clear to throw the flier on the ground, but the man was gone all together. His luchbox, stack of papers, and the long gray beard was gone all-together. [I]That's eerie,[/I] Brian thought, but tired not to pay too much attention to it. He decided to fold up the paper and put it in his pocket, just in case.
After Cat finished reading, [B]"Ooooh."[/B] She exclaimed as though she was actually interested. Whatever, now it was time to go. And just like before, Cat ran across the street to the cafe. (And once again without looking) And just like Brian had warned, at that very moment, a car came out of the cafe parking lot and nearly ran Cat over.
[B]"CAT--"[/B] He screamed at her. Hoping she would get the message. She stopped in her tracks and stared at the upcoming car. Luckily it wasn't up to full speed yet, and managed to hit the breaks in time. Brian could see all the muscles in Cat's face relax. He didn't see her, but Brian was sure that she looked like a deer in the headlights.
And then it all went in slow motion. Three of the car's door opened up almost instantly, and three figures nearly jumped out. Eddie, Dorian, and that face he couldn't forget: Eden...
Eden actaully got out of the backseat and ran to the front to confort Catherine, but she seemed completely unphased by the ordeal and only called out, [B]"Hey, I know you three! You were at the jail,"[/B] she said and waved extatically.
Dorian and Eddie turned to glare at Brian. They were dumbfounded by this girl's--bravery, if that's what you'd call it-- in the face of danger. And they were probably wondering why the two of them were there; in the place of their fight just two days prior.
All three of them looked like they wanted an answer so Brian said the only thing he could come up with: [B]"I told her she was going to get herself killed,"[/B]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOC: How's that? Eh, eh....

[SIZE=1]You have to do what you have to do, Dani always thought. He had to defend himself against Charles; using his powers seemed the only alternative. Whatever happened to Charles was his own fault, Charles had used his own powers and pretty much burnt the skin off Dani?s knuckles? it was only fair to repay the favour.

Except, Dani wasn?t too sure if his philosophy of ?he brought it upon himself? would work this time round. Dani didn?t bring anything upon himself ? at least in his opinion ? yet he was pretty much plagued by a truck load of disorganised memories that, presently, were tearing him a part as he stumbled down the street, spare hand clasped tightly around his burnt arm.

He stopped against a tree, noting he was alone, and swore at the top of his lungs. That was quickly followed by a growl of frustration and pain, he clawed at the burns on his arm, making it even worse. He swore again, repeating the word ?fuck? as many times as he could.

Logic and common sense told him to get his arm checked over and fixed, but anger and other feelings told him to brave on, do his job, get a reward. Quan could surely fix a burn.

[B]?Never touching that guys head again, never ever ever ever ever??[/B] Dani shook his head violently with his fingers on his temples. He wasn?t making sense of these images, it was hard to define Dani?s own mental disorder and their images from recent ones. Dani wasn?t going to forget his life, he sure didn?t want Charles? pushing his own memories out the window.

He slammed the palm of his hand into his forehead, then again in an attempt to clear his head. Wasn?t happening at all. Dani found himself getting even more frustrated. He reached up into his jacket for his lighter, hoping to ? shit.

Charles burnt his jacket. And his lighter. Shit shit shit.

[B]?Fuckin? great. Oh, brilliant. Brilliant. With every gift there comes a fuckin? curse, that?s so god damn cliché!?[/B] He yelled at the sky. He wasn?t talking to God, or any form of anything, he just thought he?d shout.

He turned around and looked down at the stone path, kicking the gravel with his foot and sneering at it. There was nothing interesting on the path until he came to the most preculiar sight ? paper and a black object he was familiar with.

A gun.

He pushed Charles? images to the back of his head for a moment, it was very hard to but he succeeded somewhat with a wince. He knelt down, curiously, picking up the gun first and twirling it in his fingers. Looking around suspiciously, he placed the gun under his shirt. He picked up the note.

[CENTER][I]?In case you don?t want to use your powers. Make sure she?s dead; the gun will help ? it?s painless when you shoot them in the head.

- Quan.?[/I][/CENTER]

Dani crunched the note up in his hands and closed his eyes. When he tried to comprehend everything that had happened including those muddled up memories and the prospect of killing someone with a gun he choked. He felt his eyes water somewhat and closed them? but he did not cry. He never cried, just moved on and ignored it.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]All three of them looked like they wanted an answer so Brian said the only thing he could come up with: [B]"I told her she was going to get herself killed."[/B]

[B]?Ay jueputa?? [/B] Eddie sigh as he said that looking at the girl who he almost ran over.
He looked back in his car and looked at all the ice that was on the floor. When he slammed on his breaks he put so much force on his hands trying to keep is body from slamming on the steering wheel that he pratically tore threw it with the ice. Eden also noticed the ice that was lying around his car and looked at Eddie.

[B]?See why I said it was a bad idea to shake my hand?.?[/B] Eden nodded shocked at the thought that her hand could have met the same fate as Eddies steering wheel.

Brian came over from where he was standing and started apologizing for Cat?s behavior.[B] ?Man when did I become her guardian?? [/B] Brian thought to himself.

[B]?Yup. No Mistake about it. You guys were in jail with me the other night.? [/B]

Cat said with a smiled as if she had just done something great. Eddie and Dorian looked at each other and then at Eden.

[B]?Do any of you know her??[/B] asked Eddie.

[B]?I couldn?t see anything that night.? [/B] Replied Dorian

[B]?Can?t say I recall.? [/B] Added Eden.

Cat started stomping her feet and yelling. [B]?How can you not remember someone as cute as me? Remember I came in after you guys. I was in Brian?s cell.?[/B]

The three again looked at each other and didn?t have a clue of who she was. Cat stopped talking and just stared at Eddie. Eddie didn?t know what to do. he was confused as to why she would be staring at him. Then he noticed that Dorian and Brian were also staring at Eddie.

[B] ?Que pasa??[/B] he asked. [B]?Tu camisa.?[/B] Cat responded.

Everyone looked surprised to hear that Cat knew Spanish. She didn?t look the type. Eddie was the most caught of guard since he?s used to everyone not being able to understand his Spanish. [B]"HEHE i take spanish class in high school." [/B] Cat said in response to everyones shock. Eddie then looked down at his shirt and realized that it was ripped. He then realized that he never took of his seat belt. [B]?God damn it I ripped my seat belt too?..?[/B]

Eddie went to the trunk of his car to grab one of his work shirts while the rest kinda stood around until Brian broke the ice. ?[B]Well, wasn?t there something you wanted to ask them?? [/B]

Cat looked at Brian confused. [B]?I don?t remember what it was??[/B]

Everyone sighed at the same time. [B]?This girl almost got hit by the people she was looking for and now doesn?t remember what she wanted to ask them?.she?s too much for me to handle? [/B] Brian thought to himself. Eden was gonna say something until she saw the flyer that Cat was holding.

[B]?Hey you got one of those flyers.?[/B] She said as she snagged it out of Cats hand with out her noticing. [B]?So I?m to assume you also have po-? [/B] she stopped halfway in her sentence when she notice that people were now starting to look at 5 people standing in the middle of street. [B]?Listen everyone get into the car and well talk there.?[/B] She said as she started to get back in.

[B]?But??[/B] Dorian was gonna protest the idea but Cat was already jumping into Eddies car and Brian was following her.

Eddie closed his trunk after he put his shirt on and saw that everyone was gone.

[B]?Que chingados??[/B] he looked around but didn?t see where they went.

[B]?Eddie come one lets get going.?[/B] Eden said sticking her head out of the window.

In that instant Eddie realized that his car now have two extra passengers and Cat was already picking at some of the ice that was still in the car. [B]?When did they all get in my car??.and why do we have to take those two now?.?[/B] Eddie quit complaining in his head and got in the car. As soon as he sat down he shot a look at Dorian as if saying WTF. Dorian just responded by shrugging his shoulders and holding his hands up saying I Don?t know.

[B]?Come on lets get going already I want to see this place.? [/B] Cat said jumping in his back seat.

[B]?Ay Dios Mio.? [/B] Eddie started the car and drove off trying to figure out how the hell this happened?
----
OOC: sorry if my post sucked but i wanted to get everyone going to that college. also see side note (underground)[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]She had seen this?person before in her dreams- not dreams, nightmares. They weren?t nightmares per se but they were just as horrible and twisted if not worse. She knew he sent them to her, allowing her to become provoked, opening doors which she had closed. Somehow she knew him the way he knew her.

[B]?Finally decided to show your face? or lack thereof??[/B] The hooded figure smirked verbally, a strange feat coming from even him. [B]?What do you want? I?ve had enough insolence for a day.?[/B] Juliet stood up and began to walk. [B]?Besides, I believe we?ve already discussed this before: I have nothing to offer and there?s nothing you can offer me.?[/B]

Juliet was quick to business, the man liked this. With others he loved playing mind games, taking their sanity and pushing it further and further; but with her, with Juliet, he had a sense to be upfront and swift- in speech of course.

[B]?Come now, Juliet. You and I benefit from each other in so many ways. I told you what I could offer you; all I?m asking in return is just a portion of your trust.?[/B]

Juliet looked at him skeptically but also in a laughing matter. [B]?You sent incoherent pictures and worthless images which made absolutely no sense. How could I give you my trust when I still don?t know what you could offer me??[/B] She scoffed and kept walking.

He ignored this and crept behind her, slowly and phantom-like. [B]?Juliet, the reason you don?t know yet is because you haven?t placed the pieces of the puzzle together. Once finished, you?ll understand what it is I can give you. Besides??[/B] Suddenly with one quick movement, Juliet felt as though she was paralyzed and he was standing close behind her, so close that she could feel his breath on her cheek. [B]?what have you got to lose??[/B] At this Juliet clenched her fists and turned to land a punch in his hidden face but the man was where he originally stood. [B]?Just keep a close watch on Charles and Daniel, young one. They may be of some use yet.?[/B]

Angrily, Juliet stood there with clenched hands and blood rushing through her body. She closed her eyes and asked, [B]?Just exactly [i]how[/i] am I supposed to do that? I don?t even know where they are.?[/B]

Just as quick as he had appeared, in a blink of an eye he was gone, leaving only the words: [i]Find them at the Harlem Academy.[/i] With tension building in her body, Juliet released it by punching the mini-column that connected her kitchen counter to her ceiling. She thought, [i]What have[/i] I [i]got to lose? That bastard. He knows exactly what I don?t have to lose and yet he plays with the very thought of it.[/i]

Scoffing like she always does, Juliet grabbed her jacket and walked out. [i]I?d rather die than be a dog for him.[/i] But she couldn?t stop thinking about what he had said, something about a puzzle. Could this have been a clue? What exactly was he referring to? She shook her head and grabbed herself a bottle of water and walked out. She was headed for the Harlem Academy?despite what Quan had said.[/color]

[B]OOC:[/B] As for the person in my post, Vicky gave me the A-Ok to go ahead and put him in. He's sort of a...surprise yet not. You'll have to wait and see exactly who this man is.[/size]

[SIZE=1][I]OOC: Thought I?d involve Cairo again. M.Ali, dude, you gotta post D=[/I]

---------

He went to the only place he knew for certain people would have visited again: Destiny?s Paradise, the café. It was somewhat empty with only a few people dotted around on the tables, no one was at the bar except a man Dani recognized washing glasses. Dani stood outside for a moment, eyed the inside of the café, or bar, hoping he wouldn?t get noticed hanging around on the pavement. So far, he could see none of the people he wanted. With a slight growl of frustration, he walked into the bar, pulling his shirt down over his knuckles to hide the burns and touching the gun in his deep pocket as reassurance.

Taking in his surrounds with another quick glance, Dani walked towards the bar. He felt a bit paranoid in there, just because he knew that the police had warned one of the staff members not to let him in. And the fact that surely someone would know him from the fight.

[B]?Can I get you anything??[/B] a voice asked. Dani looked up to a somewhat familiar face? what was his name? Cairo or something, the policeman had mentioned him.

[B]?Can you fuck.?[/B] Dani spat back. There were a few odd glances from those who had heard Dani?s language, but Dani didn?t care.

[B]?I know you, you?re not allowed in here.?[/B] Cairo said, crossing his arms.

[B]?And I know you too. I?m leavin?, leavin? real soon. Just want to know a few things first.?[/B] Dani tapped his hand on the bar.

[B]?Why would I tell you anything??[/B]

Ooh, confidence. Or he was just a laid back person and had control of the situation. Dani backed away a little, staring hard at Cairo, trying to think of a valide reason for him to reveal information.

[B]?I?ll get you fired.?[/B] Dani warned.

[B]?Huh?[/B]

[B]?Yeah, I can get you fired. I ain?t meant to be here, and once I make a dick of myself and your boss sees you talking to me you?ll be in shit. I can think of other ways, creative ways, not just fights. I only want to know where the others have gone.?[/B]

Cairo raised an eyebrow. [B]?You mean the others from the jail??[/B]

[B]?Good guess.?[/B]

Cairo seemed to be considering what Dani had said, he obviously wasn?t a foolish guy. He kept watching Dani for any signs at all, he then glanced back at what was probably a backroom and his boss, before turning his eyes back to Dani.

[B]?What?s it you want to know??[/B] Cairo asked sceptically.

[B]?Where they went. I know they?re headin? somewhere.?[/B]

[B]?Why do you want to know that??[/B]

Dani narrowed his eyes. [B]?One of them has something of mine and I?m very? well? possessive of my possessions.?[/B]

Cairo kept looking at Dani, gave no reply. He didn?t seem to be so gullible to tell Dani anything, if he did know anything.

[B]?I?ll cause trouble.?[/B] Dani slammed his hand down on the counter, leaning over it, not to scare Cairo, just to show him that he was being serious. Cairo just shrugged calmly, turning around and continuing to dry a glass.

[B]?I don?t know much, just overheard they were heading for the Harlem Academy. If you know where that is.?[/B] Cairo said. He then turned around all of a sudden. [B]?Don?t come in here again, I don?t want to get in trouble with anyone. And you can leave now.?[/B]

Dani smirked inwardly just kept a solid, slightly disgusted, face on the outside to show he was a little annoyed about being thrown out. Dani quickly gave Cairo a two-finger salute, a quick insult and walked out like it didn?t matter.

But it did and Dani was smirking now. He put his hands in his pockets, glanced back at the café, catching a few strange looks from the people inside. Dani didn?t care at all. He was pretty sure he had everything covered now, all he needed to do was find this Harlem place, do his job, get a reward. So simple, it was crazy. Or maybe that was Charles? memories? Dani winced at the thought of that, closing his eyes so he didn?t bring anything up.

?Where the fuck was the Harlem Academy, anyway?[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]He couldn't sleep; couldn't even doze. His mind still ran a thousand, a million, a billion times faster than normal. [i][b]Who does he think he is, pryin' into my brain like that?[/b][/i]

[B]"You attacked him first."[/B]

The voice was unexpected; but his nerves where so shot that he went scrambling backwards instead of lunging. The voice chuckled, a man with a smooth, open face stepping into his living room. [B]"What's the matter, did I startle you?"[/B] The man from last night grinned. [B]"I never introduced myself last night. I am...well, you may call me Quan."

"I can call ya dead 'less you get out of my house."

"You can [i]try[/i]. I suspect I'm more than enough to prevent you suceeding."[/B] Charles snarled, wordlessly. Quan raised his eyebrow. [B]"Your head's a mess, did you pick a fight with the wrong guy?"[/B]

The snarl found words.

"[b][i]You stay away from my head.[/i][/b]" Quan chuckled again, humorlessly.

[B]"Ah, Charles, Charles, Charles...I already [i]know[/i] what happened that night. I don't [i]need[/i] to look to see it. I already know how bad you want those memories gone."[/B]

[B]"Then y'already know just how much I want y'[i]out[/i]."[/B]

[B]"Yeah, I do." [/b]Quan flicked a sheet of paper onto the table, taking a step back.[b] "But I'm only going because I want to. Get the job done, and I shall see about ridding you of that...fun night."[/B] And just like that he was gone again. Charles looked at the paper, not touching it for fear that it would eventually burn.

[I][CENTER]I don't think I need to give you anything. You'll finish, one way or another. Make sure Dani finishes, too. Check the cafe, check Harlem. Have fun.
-Quan[/CENTER] [/I]

....Dani. He was expecting him to work with [i]Dani[/i]. Charles grabbed the paper, tore it in half, fourths, eighths before letting the heat engulf the shreds, glowering at the pile of smoldering paper before he changed, grabbed his jacket and headed out the door, buckling his gloves as he did.

[i]He better not mind when I kill the help too...[/i][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Victor decided to go to a cafe for his dinner, he left the cafe expecting a street full of people, instead it was empty. Something uncommon for the city, it's usually busy-ish.

He walked towards his car, as he opened the door, he heard from behind him a very peculiar british accent. it strangely seemed posh and common at the same time. Victor turned around to see a very gothic looking man.

"Excuse me mate." The gothic man said.
"Yes?" Victor said in the politest way possible when speaking to a stranger.
"Do you know where Harlem Academy is?"
"Umm yer I think so"
"Well could you tell me then?" The gothic man said, it was pretty obvious he wasn't used to being polite.
"I could drive you there." Victor replied.
"Okay, that would be great." The man said while giving Victor a very bewildered look.

Victor got in his car, The gothic man got in the passenger seat. Victor started the car up, as he did the radio came on. Victor had the album "A Kind of Magic" in the cd player it was on track 6, "Who Wants to Live Forever". The man just gave a weird look to Victor. He looked like he was going to say something but thoguht it was better not to. Victor turned the radio off trying not to look so weird.

"Soo, my name's Victor, what's yours?" he asked.

"Dani" The man replied, he didn't seem very comfortable at the time.

OOC: muwawa, how gullible my character is =P

[color=darkred]OOC: I'm going to do a great monster post and get us all in Harlem Academy, and try to describe some stuff in their.[/color]

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Great just great...."[/b] Dorian thought to himself as the teenager spouted out words at an unbelievable speed. Building after building seemed to pass but one thing stayed the same, the constant chatter from the girl.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Soooo what are you're guys abilitiies? I think it's obvious that if you're showing intrest in the 'Harlem College' place you must be able to do something alittle out of the ordiary, like I can spray water out, kinda like this."[/b] Dorian groaned as a stream of water hit the back of his head leaving a wet patch. It took some effort to bite his tongue, but he managed to choke down the words he would have loved to say.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Anyways so what can you guys do, and theres no need for you to answer Iceman."[/b] She continued.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Actually he prefers Frosty, and what makes you think any of the rest of us have powers, even if we did last time I checked I was out of grade school and this wasn't show and tell."[/b] Dorian murmered looking back at Cat from the corner of his eye.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Slightly taken aback, Cat crossed her arms putting her lower lip out in a pout, [b]"Gosh you don't have to be so rude about it, I just thought there were to many coincidences, I keep runnin into the people from the jail." [/b][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"No kidding"[/b] Eddie mumbled, looking across the car at Dorian.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"I don't believe in coincidence.......... but this isn't the time or the place to show you my gift, so you'll have to wait."[/b] Dorian said turning his head to the back seat as Cat's face began to beam.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Sweet, hey those are cool shades can I see them."[/b] Cat asked, though it was a choice only in phrasing, her hands were around Dorian's glasses before he could get a word out. Quickly he squoze his eyes shut as the surge of light tried to rush in.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Whoa, these things are dark, how the hell do you see out of these."[/b] She spoke, unaware of the demands to give his glasses back.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Brian gave Cat a sharp elbow to the ribs, taking off the glasses she looked at Brian with fire burning in her eyes[b] "What was that for?"[/b][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Uhh I think he wants his shades back."[/b] Brian said motioning towards an angry looking Dorian, eyes clenched shut.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Oh, here sorry didn't think it would be such a big deal, geez."[/b] She whined handing the sunglasses back to Dorain's out stretched hand.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"It normally wouldn't be,"[/b] Dorian stopped to put the glasses on, his eyes welcomed by the darkness, [b]"But I can't see without them."[/b][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Oh here I thought you were blind or something, my bad."[/b] Cat said shrugging and finally going silent.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Their was quiet for a short while before a different female voice spoke. Though this voice was smooth, quite and a bit unsure sounding, but beautiful none the less. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Dorian, if I might ask, what color are your eyes?"[/b] Eden asked.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"What color, what color the are or what color the were? The used to be dark deep brown, almost back with a unusual hint of jade green in certain lights, now I think they are silver, though I haven't let anybody close enough to look tell me."[/b] Dorian replied quietly, a hollow sound to his voice. His eyes, they had been his favorite part about himself, deep and mysterious, but now his eyes were almost always hidden by darkness.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"I think we're here."[/b] Eddie chimed in before Eden or anyone else could say anything in response.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Stepping out of the car the looked at the large building. It was reddish-brown brick, and ordinary other than the banners it had hung from the walls. Each having a different zodiac sign on them, as well as the color corresponding to the signs element.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"What do you think we'll find inside?"[/b] Brian asked aloud.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"I don't know, hopefully answers."[/b] Eddie replied.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Only one way to find out."[/b] Cat said running foward to the doors.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"She's got us there."[/b] Dorian laughed as the rest of them walked towards the doors, inside stood a awe struck Cat, head almost spinning in circled as she tried to take in everything.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]The giant exhibit was dimly lit except for the displays which made it easy for Dorain to see. There were many objects, Roman and Greek shields and swords bearing the signs of the zodiacs, as well as many pieces of jewlery doing the same. There were objects so twisted and contorted than it couldn't have been done by a man, but what really caught Dorain's eye were the tapestries and paintings. Each from a different artist in a different style, from a different place and time, but each depicting unhuman acts being performed.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Here a tapestry showing a battle, where a man seemed to be fashioning stone to himself til at last he looked like a golem. Their another battle seen, but a woman was breathing fire down apon fleeing enemies. Another where a man was shown flying above the mountains. One where a woman was walking on the bottom of a lake and a second with a woman surrounded by snakes, though they showed no threat to her, if anything they caressed her. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Though one above all the others stuck in Dorians mind, it was a man, sitting on a throne surrounded by darkness, but his eyes they shone like silver, though the rest of his image was little less than an outline. [b]"This is impossible, well I think I've learned nothing is impossible, just highly improbable."[/b] Dorian mumbled to himself, drawing a few quizzicle looks from some of the others.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Realizing the attention on himself Dorain shrugged, [b]"Lets go take a look around, see if we can find someone that works here."[/b][/color][/size]

[color=darkred]OOC: I hope that is ok Vicky as far as what is at Harlem Acadamy, any problems let me know.[/color]
[color=darkred][/color]
[color=darkred]Same goes to everyone else if I used one of you're characters wrong or if you want me to change something. Oh ya and one more thing I hope this makes sense lol, sorry if it's crappy.[/color]

[SIZE=1][I]OOC: I?m making a pretty important post in the Underground at sometime tomorrow. Too late now =p check it out[/I]

--------

Any man who listened to Queen was a bit too strange, or normal, for Dani. Queen were old. Way to old, their songs were played so often that they were just useless background radiation nowadays. He was glad Victor had turned it off, or else Dani would?ve done it himself. Strange that the bloke had given him a lift, though.

[B]?You were in the jail.?[/B] Dani said slowly, a smile creeping across his face. [B]?I don?t ?member you in a fight. In fact, I hardly remember you at all. Looks like you weren?t involved in our little group too much.?[/B]

Victor raised an eyebrow slightly. [B]?No, I wasn?t. But I was in the jail.?[/B]

[B]?Thought so. I know your face, see. I?m good at rememberin? faces.?[/B] Dani poked at the radio, not at any of the buttons, just poking it. [B]?Why the hell were you in there, anyway??[/B] he asked. Victor went to open his mouth to reply but Dani, somewhat impolitely, slapped Victor on the shoulder and pointed ahead to a large builder. Victor pulled over with a frown.

The two got out of the car, Dani slamming the door so hard it was like he was trying to break it, and looked up at the building. Dani was pretty impressed by the banners up there; if everything was connected to the Academy, then Dani was right about the Zodiac signs.

[B]?What?s this place for, anyway??[/B] Victor asked Dani who was already ahead with a fast walk.

[B]?How the hell should I know??[/B] Dani replied with a shrug. [B]?And oh, yeah?. Fanks for the lift an?? yeah.?[/B] He added with a careless mumble, ignoring Victor for the most part and more interested in finding out what this place was.

Dani peered into a glass door, taking one quick look inside. He then saw a familiar sight, five familiar sights in fact. He quickly drew his head back out of sight, dragging Victor with him so he didn?t get caught either. Well, the target was there, just not all the Zodiac. Dani wasn?t going to walk into the front door, wave a gun around and make a big show just to get arrested. He scanned the building, looking for anything that could help though not entirely sure what he was looking for.

[B]?Look, maybe I should just go now. I gave you a lift here.?[/B] Victor said.

Dani rolled his eyes, turned to face Victor. [B]?You ain?t goin? anywhere. I can use your help, plus how do I know you won?t go tell anyone what I?m gonna do??[/B]

[B]?You haven?t told me what you?re going to do.?[/B]

[B]?Yeah, ?cause you?ll probably go tell everyone. Duh.?[/B] Dani rolled his eyes again, Victor waited for Dani?s head to turn and gave the back of the goth man?s head the strangest, most confused look ever.

Dani spotted a door, a lonely looking door that didn?t look important. He narrowed his eyes at it and figured it was a back door, or a back door at the front of the building. Shrugging off its illogical position, he motioned for Victor to follow him and walked towards the door.

[B]?Ain?t goin? through the front. Let?s see what?s in here.?[/B] He smirked and pushed down the handle. The door didn?t open. Victor folded his arms, a knowing look on his face.

[B]?Did you really think it would be open??[/B]

Dani narrowed his eyes and didn?t reply to that comment. Instead he glanced around quickly and upon noticing no one was around, he nudged the door with his shoulder. Lightly at first, but after each try he gained more strength. In one final, hard push, the lock of the door gave way and the door flew open, revealing a dark room.

Dani stepped in and wafted away the dust from his eyes, checking back so Victor was following. He did. The light from outside was enough to show a light switch on the wall beside them, so Dani closed the door and flicked the switch on. The bulb dimly lit a large, empty room, only filled with boxes and crafts, all old and full of dust.

[B]?Don?t look like a backroom ta me.?[/B] Dani muttered.

He moved forward and dodged his way around the boxes, searching for a door, something that was useful to him because boxes clearly weren?t. He kept walking for awhile until he stepped on uneven ground, and he looked down curiously noticing what seemed to be a hatch. No second thoughts; Dani pulled up the hatch, revealing a small flight of stairs.

[B]?You?re going down there??[/B] Victor asked.

[B]?No, I?m having a shit.?[/B] Dani rolled his eyes. [B]?Of course I?m going down there, you fuckin? moron.?[/B]

[B]?I?m going then.?[/B] Victor waved his hand in dismissal, having enough.

[B]?Wait, wait wait,?[/B] Dani stepped back up the stairs, grabbing Victor?s shoulder, [B]?I was only joking, you know. I just come off a little harshly sometimes. Seriously, I need your help. Just give me a hand and you can go.?[/B]

[B]?Need my help for what??[/B]

[B]?You?ll see.?[/B]

Dani slapped Victor on the back and started down the stairs again. It was quite frightening walking down such thin steps with little lighting, luckily for the two of them it wasn?t a huge lot of stairs. They soon found themselves on cold ground once more, although the place was darker than the first backroom. Dani put his hand against the nearest wall, finding another light switch that barely helped. They found themselves in what seemed like tunnels, leading off in different directions. Dani simply headed straight forward.

They came to another chamber, smaller, barely visible because of another lack of light and with tunnels leading off in different directions. Dani knew which way they came. He looked around, stalking off, leaving Victor to do as he pleased whilst he studied the surroundings.

It was very strange for such a modern building to contain a maze with chambers and old walls. Dani could see from the dust and cobwebs that the tunnels must have been very old and very unused. He wondered why.

[B]?Look at this.?[/B] Victor called Dani over. Dani ran over to him, noticing the man was pushing up another hatch. Dani, at first, was curious. He peered through the tiny gap that had been made, noticing they were under the main museum hall? and noticing the five Zodiacs.

[B]?Put it down!?[/B] Dani said in a hushed voice and causing Victor to drop the hatch all of a sudden.

That was it, now. Dani knew what to do. He knew [I]exactly[/I] what to do.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Someone once told her that everything happened for a reason and that there were no coincidences in life. At that time, Juliet didn?t believe either in fate or in coincidence, she only believed in herself. Yet, as time went on something clicked within her, and she realized that perhaps that someone was right. Perhaps?everything [i]did[/i] happen for a reason.

As Juliet rode through the streets in her Subaru WRX, she couldn?t help but wonder the events that took place from the day they all met in the jail to today. She had inklings of everything that took place and about the people she met but what she couldn?t place was why or how. It didn?t matter how but she supposed it mattered why.

Before heading off to the Harlem Academy, Juliet stopped by the café to grab herself a couple of drinks or a few. As she rode up she saw a blonde haired man in a jacket and gloves, she presumed him to be Charles. Juliet pulled over and stepped out, leaning against her car. His footsteps soon came close to her cars and she called out to him.

[B]?Looking for Dani??[/B] The man stopped and looked at Juliet. He raised a brow as he looked at her, wanting to know what she wanted. [B]?Unless you?re going into Destiny?s Paradise for a drink or two, you won?t find Dani-boy here.?

?How?d you know I was looking for him??[/B] This pyrokinetic man stepped closer with skepticism in his voice.

Juliet grinned a Cheshire Cat smile. [B]?First off, never ask someone questions like that. It only makes you either look suspicious or stupid. And I think you?re neither. Anyways, get in. I know where he and the others are.?[/B]

Charles stepped into the car, asking, [B]?Let me guess, the Harlem Academy??[/B]

She merely grinned that devious grin and drove off, turning up the volume and blasting her music loud.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Charles leaned against the door, glowering out the window. He didn't want to work with Dani, at all. He had every intention of killing the other man - once the job was done - for making his memories return like that, after a year of blocking them out.

The woman - he'd seen her before, in the jail. He thought. He wasn't entirely sure. He watched her reflection in the glass - and she was watching [i]him[/i] just as warily, from the corner of her eyes. There was something...odd about her; something in her face almost as dark as Dani's, almost as dark as his companions on the streets had been. Something dangerous.

Neither spoke, both content in their personal thoughts, one watching the road, one watching the sky. Both dangerous and - silently, grudgingly - admitting that fact about the other.

Charles rubbed his gloved hand; the leather was warm to the touch, heated from the inside - specially designed to keep his own body heat from soaking through and setting his clothes ablaze. It was interesting, what former friends could make when leaned on. It had been his last act in that city, and the one that kept him from setting the car around him on fire as he had his bed. He flexed his hands, noting the way the woman seemed to notice that, the way she still seemed to be watching, warily...
[B]
[i]How far is this freakin' place, anyway?[/i][/B]

Not far. Almost as soon as he thought that, they pulled in view of an old looking building...he didn't even wait for the vehicle to come to a complete stop before he popped the door oepn, stepped out onto the concrete still rolling beneath them. If she wanted to follow, she'd be able to keep up - he had no doubt of that. And so he took off, striding down the sidewalk.

[B]"Thanks for the ride," [/B]he called over his shoulders. [B]"Guess I won't steal your 'ubcaps."[/B] His shoved his hands in his pockets again, pleased to be out of the car.

[B][i]C'mon, Dani-boy, where are ya....we need to get whatever this is over with so I can kill ya...[/i] [/B]He jerked the first door he came to open, and stepped inside, looking down the hall. A virtual maze met his eyes - this was gonna take some time.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]OoC: Ah, forgive this post, studying for finals has really made my brain do many backflips.

[COLOR=SlateGray]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/COLOR]

By this time, Zane had been walking around the city trying to clear his mind of the previous encounter with his?.acquaintance. Since staring at himself in the mirror trying to deduce some thoughts of his didn?t seem to be working, he took an alternate approach and just tried to get some fresh air and gather his thoughts. He really had nothing else to do for the rest of the day except visit that one Academy that he had heard mentioned at some time but wasn?t to sure where he was to find it. Nonetheless, with all of these things still going on it felt as if his mind was being overloaded with information and things to think about. Never before had Zane been so overwhelmed like this. Therefore, to try to calm down a bit he took a seat on a bench and just let his mind drift off into the clouds.

It didn?t take long since for the most part the only thing that Zane could even think of during his daydream were just things that he had seen on his walk. He had no car for now so all he could do was either walk or take a cab. With almost no other alternatives that were at his current disposal. Zane decided that he should check out that Academy that he had heard about, maybe there could be some more answers found there?

After hailing a cab, Zane was off, yet to try to seem in some way inconspicuous he asked the driver to drop him off just a small ways away from the main building so he could walk the rest of the way, after paying the man and dawning a pair of sunglasses to try and make his identity a mystery to those whom he had not met yet, and headed for the front doors. Once he arrived he took a peak inside of the doors and saw people, familiar people, where they some of the same ones from the time back in the jail cell? Maybe, maybe not, it was harder to see through the glass with his sunglasses on.

[I]Wait a moment?[/I] He though to himself rolling off to the side of the door so that the others couldn?t see him if they were to look in that direction. [I]If I do go in there, then that would make my identity known to them. My whole theory of trying to stay secretive as long as possible and dissect just what the fuck is going on with this entire sudden outbreak in people with special talents.[/I]

Zane had to think for a while on this; he either could enter and be seen by all the others, or try to find some alternative way inside. Yet the latter would be overdoing things, for this situation at least, and besides isn?t this why he brought the sunglasses with him?

[I]Well damnit? [/I] he murmured to himself rolling back near front door, [I]I guess I should just go in and try to stay quiet, and it seems like the better idea. The lesser of two evils I suppose.[/I]

After groaning at his decision, Zane pressed his body up against the door until it opened and slid in. He wasn?t paying any attention to see if any eyes were directed at him or not. All he did was look towards the ground covered by his sunglasses and slipped around the room quietly, taking in the new scenery as well as quietly observing the others in the room.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][B]ooc: sorry about the rather un-eventfull-ness[/B]
---
Eden stayed close to Eddie and Dorian as she walked, she didn?t completely trust them yet but she trusted them more than anyone else. The exhibits to her were utterly fascinating, probably because of her grandfather and her education. As the group of five casually walked about the place gawking at different things, Eden felt a shiver run down her spine as she was walking. Looking behind her she saw absolutely no one; Dorian tapped her on the shoulder which made her almost jump out of her skin.

[B]?Relax, what?s wrong??[/B] Eden apologetically looked at Dorian as if she had just smacked him in the face.

[B]?Nothing, nothing at all?? [/B] She waved him off and kept walking but still close to him at the same time. Dorian kept his eyes on her behind his sunglasses for a few minutes before looking back to the exhibits. Eden was smiling on the out side but on the inside she was completely freaking out. What if Dani showed up, or other people from the jail? This was an exhibit about Zodiacs; if they were all connected surely they would show up. Wouldn?t they?

Eden tried her very best to quell every bad thing that was running through her head. If she didn?t calm down then the whole building would get the good news and everyone in it. She took a deep breath as she kept walking with the others.

She really, really, really, really didn?t want to see Dani again, ever; the man completely scared the living daylights out of her. But something told her he would probably be popping up again, hopefully just not on her door step. Eden really wanted to believe that there was a hint of niceness in him but she seriously doubted it. Her train of thought was cut off by a loud and gleeful shriek.

[B]?Wow! Cool! Look at that!? [/B] Cat exclaimed as the group turned a corner, in the center of the wide walkway was a pedestal encased in glass and cordoned off by ropes. On top of the pedestal stood a large statue, the statue looked to be constructed completely out of gold or something resembling it. Cat happily read the description out from underneath the object.

[I][B]??Statue of Pisces, usually represented by two fish swimming in opposite directions, this statue was at first believed to be representational of the sign Gemini. Upon closer inspection the two females in the statue are completely identical and mirror images of one another. Please observe that the females in the statue appear to have scales carved into their skin and untamable seaweed like hair. This statue was found in seas off Greece, believed to be the site of the mythical city of Atlantis.?? [/B][/I] Brian, Eddie, Dorian and Eden all leant in closer to inspect the statue that?s was supposedly depicting the zodiac sign Pisces. Eddie spoke something in Spanish before saying something in English.

[B]?It looks like you Cat, no??[/B] Cat squealed with delight at Eddie?s comment. Eden and Dorian leant in closer, both eyeing the statue as if it had done something suspicious.

[B]?It does sort of look like her, a bit, I guess??[/B] Dorian trailed off but Cat was dancing around too much to hear. Eden looked at Dorian side on as he was studying the statue.

[B]?What??[/B] He questioned without looking away from it.

[B]?Nothing!? [/B] Eden protested abruptly turning away from him and pretending to study other objects around them. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Beth looked down at Moses, his head turned away as if he was avoiding her gaze. She smiled softly as she recognised his young features, resting a gloved hand on his shoulder lightly.

[B]"Don't worry about it."[/B] another smile, [B]"I was in the jail, you're right. I saw you there, too."[/B]

Beth waited for Moses to tilt his head up again, his mouth twitched up at the corner in a nervous smile. He offered one hand and Beth took it, her hand shake surprisingly firm for one usually so gentle.

[B]"My name is Moses."

"I'm Beth. It's nice to meet you, Moses."[/B]

The pair were quiet for a few seconds, though it seemed as if they still had something to talk about. Suddenly, Moses broke the silence with a statement, taking Beth a little off-guard.

[B]"I think we should go to Harlem Academy. The others are."[/B]

Beth blinked and rested her shopping bags on the floor, flicking a glove up to see her watch and realising she had most certainly missed her bus.

[B]"You mean that place mentioned on a leaflet, don't you?"[/B]

Moses nodded in reply and Beth considered the offer, finally shrugging and guiding Moses toward a taxi rank, leaving her shopping behind. The boy looked back but didn't question her, knowing she probably felt the need to get to the Academy as badly as he did.

[B]"If we see any trouble, though, we're leaving. I couldn't live with myself if you got hurt when you were with me."[/B]

She smiled again and rested her hand on Moses' head before she climbed into the taxi, watching as Moses paused slightly before getting in with her. She gave the driver instructions and sat in silence, hoping they wouldn't take too long to arrive.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]The two took their time looking through the corridors, one stayed behind in the chambers so they could get back. After investigating himself and receiving instructions to where the corridors led by a wandering Victor, Dani had managed to plot a mental image of the maze. He closed his eyes, pointing to individual corridors and mouthing out their path.

[B]?What are you going to do, anyway??[/B] Victor asked, standing right behind Dani and staring down the corridor.

[B]?Someone stole somethin? of mine, it was important as well. I can?t be seen but I need to get up behind them, get it back and escape through these corridors again.?[/B] Dani replied with his eyes still closed. [B]?If I?m right, this leads right to the back. You said there were steps at the very end, right??[/B]

Victor nodded.

[B]?Then that must be a balcony or somethin?. Ain?t leadin? to the first floor or they would?ve just put another trap door, I think.?[/B]

He moved back over to the first trap door they had seen, opening it slightly and fiddling with the hinges. Dani placed a thick, folded piece of paper to keep the door open a bit and began digging his nails into the screws for the hinges.

[B]?Use this.?[/B] Victor handed Dani a set of keys, receiving a nod from Dani who proceeded to unscrew the hinges with a key. When the door was loose enough, Dani stepped back, hoping no one would stand on it.

There was a sound all of a sudden, movement of some sort, just bare enough for both Dani and Victor to hear. They turned to the source of the sound, puzzled.

[B]?Someone?s comin?,?[/B] mumbled Dani, [B]?Vic?, you can?t let ?em get me, right? You stay here and tell them you ain?t seen me. Keep them away from me. I?m going to run down there and get this thing over with. Don?t let them near me.?[/B] Dani took out the gun, offering it to Victor. [B]?You can use this.?[/B]

Victor hesitated, either at the gun or the instructions Dani had given. He pushed the gun away and spoke, still looking hesitant.

[B]?I don?t need that.?[/B] Victor replied.

[B]?Well, if whoever that is catches me, I sure will. So you don?t wanna be takin? lives now, do you??[/B]

Whether Victor was going to reply or not Dani didn?t know. He had ran off down the corridor towards the back, slipping the gun back under his shirt. All he wanted to do was finish this. Whoever was to die was to die, though Dani didn?t intend on it being himself laying on the floor.

He paused when coming to the darkest, last part of the maze. He had to run has hands around the walls to find his way to the stairs, tripping up them at first when he walked onto them. He continued with his hands against the wall for both support and as a means of finding his was.

When reaching the top he was met with a door, entitled ?NO ENTRY?. Dani scoffed at the sign, opening the door anyway and surprised that it was open. Now he knew he was in the main part of the museum, or at least the restricted area. It was another room full of boxes, labelled boxes and other items, off limits to people. Dani had an overwhelming urge to break some of these items, destroy their value, but he didn?t. He noticed a generator in the corner, rather small? so he must have been somewhere important. And somewhere near the back, like he had suspected. No one kept a generator at their front door.

It took him awhile but he finally found ladders, probably used by the security staff to patrol. Dani dragged himself up them quickly, looking back every so often making sure he wasn?t being followed.

He was so far above them, staring at them through gaps in the boards made to look like the wall to hide the ladders and the actual platform. No doubt it was for security. Dani could see the group perfectly clearly, he doubted they could see him. He stalked his way around, looking at them as he did, and slipping his hand under his shirt to bring out the gun, which he kept hidden behind his back.

He always figured he?d shoot someone at some point. Now was as good as any time to do so.[/SIZE]

Victor waited for the origin of the sound to appear, it grew closer and closer. All Victor could think of was the gun, Dani seemed pretty intent on using it and he didn't the type to not do something when he said he will.
Victor waited for the person or thing to walk around the corner, suddenly the sound stopped. Victor edged around the corner, as he did he was rushed to the ground. He looked up to see a bleach blonde haired man looking down at him. It seemed safe to say he wasn't security.

"Who the hell are you?" The man asked..."You're not Dani"
Victor finally knew what dani ment, someone was after him and he didn't exactly look harmless, Victor thought it was best to do what Dani said.
"Of course I'm not." Victor dishonestly replied.
"Have you seen him?" The man asked.
"I dont know, what does he look like?" Victor questioned.
"He has long black hair, wears a lot of black, looks like some stereotypical goth." Charles insultingly explained.
"I think I might have seen someone like that in town." Victor said in a pseudo-confused manner.
"Then what are you doing down here?" Charles eagerly questioned.
"I heard a commotion came down to see what it was and when I did i saw someone run, maybe the guy you're looking for." Victor explained, it was strange that lying came easy to him, he was an honest man.
"Where'd he go?" Charles almost yelled, he seemed to feel strongly about finding Dani.
"That way" Victor answered as he pointed down a corridor.

Charles grabbed Victor and dragged him in that direction. It seemed Victor was being dragged along by another person now and was probably going to get lost in the maze. All he hoped was that Dani did what he had to in time.

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]The 5 team group walk around the museum and stopped in front of an exhibit that had 13 stones. Cat was the first to yelled [B]"look look here is my sign"[/B] The rest of the group split up to find there own stone.

[B]"this doesnt make sense."[/B] said Dorian after looking at all the stones.

[B]"whats doesnt make sense?" [/B] asked Brian.

everyone started to head over to Dorian and the item that had him confused. Eddie looked around and noticed that there really werent that many people in this part of the exhibit. He let his eyes wander around while everyone else looked at the object with confusion. he looked up to the ceiling and noticed it was pretty high and for a split second he thought he saw somebody. Eddie quickly dismissed the idea that he saw someone and looke back at this stone that everyone was staring.

[B]"bueno pues, (well then) whats so confusing about this stone?" [/B] he asked

[B]"theres only 12 zodiac signs but for some reason there are thirteen here."[/B] Dorian replied.

[B]"Oh a mysterious zodiac sign, huh. What its sign?" [/B] Cat asked with glee.

[B]"i'm not really sure. the symbol in the middle is just wavy. like.." "a snake." [/B] Eden said cutting off dorian.

[B]"remember the day of the fight. there were snakes around us when we were getting put into the vehicles."[/B] Eden said.

[B]"so then what does it mean?" [/B] asked Brian.

[B]"It means that there is one zodiac that is above all the others."[/B]

everyone heard the mysterious voice and looked around to see who was talking. Behind them stood a tall, lean man. the man wore a business suit and looked like he worked in the exhibit.

[B]"I do hope your enjoying yourself in our little exhibit. My name is Therius Quan, but you can just call me quan."[/B]

-------------

OOC: ok just so you know quan is only there to give us some back ground info on the zodiacs and a little bit of history. vicky i would be glad if you can help with that since i dont have time to think of what to say (you know being in Iraq and all.) everyone in my group can have quan explain something if you want.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]