OtakuBoards

Gifts and Curses

Vicky

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Seconds later, the sound of a person echoed in Juliet?s ears. She sound of her motorcycle engine mixed with the echoing voice, as did the sirens and shouts. Moments later, she opened her eyes but the visions before her were blurred. From what she could tell, her helmet had been removed and was raised. Her eyes moved around, trying to grasp whatever clear image they could find. They finally rested on the person above and began to clear. It was then that Juliet had realized someone was holding her head, that someone was touching her.

Without a thought, a fist was raised and met with the person?s face. Sitting up straight, Juliet looked at the person who held his nose, cursing. She shook her head once and rolled her eyes at the same time, only to realize what she had done. Yet, she scoffed and stood up, dusting herself off as she did. As she bent down to pick up her helmet, a muffled shout caught her attention.

[B]?What the hell?!?[/B] The man stood up still holding his broken nose. [B]?People usually apologize after they accidentally punched someone!?[/B]

He was furious and bleeding. Juliet raised her brow and replied, [B]?It was your fault for touching me,?[/B] and began to walk away. A hand then caught her arm and turned her around. Her eyes glow a white gold again when the man faced Juliet again. [B]?Don?t?touch me.?[/B] Frightened, he stepped away and Juliet put her helmet on. Blinking once, her glowing white gold eyes disappeared. She looked to the place where the fight took and saw that the snakes disappeared.

[i]?Time to have a talk with Christianson.?[/i] Speeding down the street, Juliet took a few shortcuts, zooming through red lights, and finally ending up at the police station. A chuckling smirk was plastered on her face as she walked in. Her only thought being, [i]?I?ll bet that bunch of wild bastards are giving him a run for his money. I sure as hell did.?[/i]

[B]?Jiminy Cricket?come out, come out wherever you are!?[/B] Everyone in the station looked towards her way and exhaled heavily. She knew they knew who she was; in fact she was unforgettable to them. Juliet kept calling out, [B]?Jiminy Cricket?[/B] until her ?favorite? officer stood before her with arms on hips.

[B]?What are you doing here, Juliet??[/B]

Still with that famous smirk on her face, she replied, [B]?Just here to see my favorite patrol officer.?[/B] Officer Christianson sighed and held the bridge of his nose with his fingers. The smirk then disappeared and in all seriousness, she said, [B]?I want to see the people from the fight earlier.?[/B]

Knowing there was no use in arguing with Juliet Officer Christianson led her to the holding cell where everyone was held. The cell officers stood to protest but were silenced by their prevailing officer. Juliet stood with arms crossed, eyes evaluating and identifying.[/size][/color]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS][color=#d2b43b]It had taken him a bit to actually find out where the ?action? was happening in this city, but when he had finally found out where the action had occurred it was already to late, everyone who was involved were already shipped off to be incarcerated. Just Zane?s luck as well, he had felt that whatever was going here had in some way, had indirectly effected him. It was as if something was just about to start? Once he had actually found out the place of which what in question. Everything had already calmed down by then. Society was back in the same kind of social order that it had before hand. Now the only thing that he even had the choice to do was to find and interrogate them.

As Zane headed off to the place where most criminals would have been held, many thoughts happened to be passing through his mind. For the things that he had wanted to go and ask them, he couldn?t have any officer monitoring them. If they had happened to over hear it, they may just put them in some kind of an asylum. Now the only thing for him to figure out was how to sneak into their without being caught. As he neared the jail, he slid into a nearby alley to approach the place from behind.

Surely, such an establishment like this one had to have some kind of a back door, and to his luck, it did, yet it was locked from the outside, he had to wait for someone to come out from the inside. Since this was more than likely not feasible, he instead created his own diversion by lightly rapping on the door. Within seconds, an officer had emerged from the building looking for the source of the noise only to find nothing. Zane took this chance to breathe a light knock out gas, covering the air around the officer in the light haze before he had quickly succumbed to the gas and fell to the ground, his head acting as a temporary doorstop.

After Zane had entered the building, his power?s after effects began to take place as he was overcome with a harsh coughing attack leaving him unable to move for a couple of moments. Hopefully there was nobody around who had heard him so all he had to do was try to recover from it and continue. After a while of sleuthing, he had made it to where they were being held, yet he couldn?t just walk up to them all and just say [i]?Hi I snuck in thought he back and I wanted to ask these people some questions.?[/i] Ha how stupid would that be, now all he had left to do was to eavesdrop on their conversation and just maybe he would be able to get the information that he had been longing for.

---------

Yeah a very unlikely way to enter but a way none the less xD Hopefully being able to overhear the conversation would be enough for him though.[/color][/font][/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]The cops took everyone and put them indifferent cells. Dani was put in a cell by himself. Eddie and Dorian were in the one next to dani. Eden and Beth were across from dani and finally Charles and Brian were placed in the last cell across from Eddie and Charles. [B]?Pinche idota? [/B] yelled Eddie as the cops left after putting everyone in their cell. [B]?Why didn?t you just fucking answer his question? Who the hell you think you are some bad ass rebel? AY mirame yo soy muy chingon. (oh, look at me I'm so cool) Pendejo.? [/B] Eddie was gonna continue yelling but he started to feel slightly cold. He realized he was getting too heated and ice was gonna start to surround him. So he stop talking. [B]?Oy piss off you nonce.? [/B] Said Dani in response to what Eddie said. [B]?fuck these pigs and fuck everyone else. Mate you?re lucky we're in different cells or else I?d ?ave?.? ?hey just shut up!? [/B] Yelled Dorian.[B] ?if you answered the questions you and your girlfriend could have gone home. And everyone else can go on with their fucking life.? ?whoa whoa whoa. He?s not my boyfriend.? [/B] replied Eden cutting off Dorian. [B]?I just met him today.? ?So then your just fucking up everyone?s day aint you.? [/B] Yelled Eddie.

Everyone started to yell and get angry [B]?ALL OF YOU SHUT UP?[/B] yelled a cop. [B]?Fuck you too? [/B] yelled dani. That?s when the cop whipped out his beater and he hit dani?s hands that were holding the bar. [B]?OOWWW shit. You fucking pig?? [/B] Dani yelled in pain while holding his hands. [B]?Serves you right? [/B] said Eddie[B]. ?That goes as a warning for the rest of you. Keep it down in here.? ?Man I wasn?t even in that fight.? [/B] Thought Eddie. He looked across the cell and he saw Charles just lying on his bed not really caring about what was going on. Eddie decided to do the same.

About an hour later another cop came in. [B]?Hey you guys got a visitor.? ?Hmm I didn?t tell anyone I was in prison?didn?t even get to make my one phone call?? [/B] Eddie thought. He got up to see who it was and saw it was somebody he didnt recognize. [B]'who is this person'] Eddie thought while looking at their visitor.
[CENTER]---------------------------------------------[/CENTER]
OOC just as a reminder if you guys touch Eddie remember that icicles will automatically come out of the part thats being touch depending on how much pressure you put on him. If you touch hiim you gotta be prepared to get hurt or make him avoid making contact. :animesigh [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Moses sat beside his mother as they waited to be given the chance to visit his dad. It was not an attractive building by a long shot and he was staring absentmindedly at the water dripping from the ceiling above him, trying to make it stop swerving whenever it got to a foot above him.

The noises from the hallways and the few offices that stemmed and opened up off of the lobby sounded random and incomprehensible as they echoed and became to distorted and didn?t really interest Moses as he let his chin drop forward onto his chest and began unraveling the hole in the knee of his jeans even more.

When his whole knee could be seen through the hole in his right jean leg, he turned to focus on enlarging the one in the left leg, the thread soon reaching over a foot like plus incredibly tiny little strands that he made into a little pile on the seat of his chair. He didn?t especially want to see da?wait, no, Ken, he?d said to call him lately, and wished he could work up the nerve to tell Nance that.

It?d be the simplest thing in the world, he believed, to just tell her that ?Hey, I need to stay home and work on studying for my test??

Even as Moses thought that, he could hear her whiny voice in his ear, answering him as she planted her fisted hands on her hips.

?No, Moses, it?s your fault he?s in jail anyhow. And besides, even if you study you?ll fail the test. You?re coming with.?

And it was his fault, too ? his shirt had ridden up his back in gym class during basketball, and a grapefruit sized bruise had become visible just above the waistline of his shorts and when his teacher had spotted it there had been a whole mess as his parents had to be called in.

As a first time offender ? Ken had been given a week in jail. Moses slid down further in his seat and stared at the clock on the wall as the minutes slid by. One, two, three minutes and a guard came from a hallway and called their name.

?Marches?? Moses stood up a second after Nance, the threads falling to the floor ? forgotten ? as they followed the guard and his jangling keys down the hallways. Back near the cells it was increasingly depressing, and finally they stopped beside Ken?s cell. The man inside glared at Moses and once the guard was out of sight told him in no uncertain terms that if he showed his face before the visiting time was over, he?d have two black eyes no matter the extra week in jail they would gain.

With a sinking heart Moses nodded his understanding and headed off down the hall towards where the ruckus was.

As he rounded the corner he came to a sudden halt ? the view was certainly unique, the cells that he now looked at had to be some of the most diverse imaginable.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][I]OOC: This might get slightly confusing now XD Only changed it but if it's okay with everyone else we're all in different cells. Most of us in pairs, I mean. Just thought it would be a better idea than the one I had. Sorry folks, lol.[/I]

--------

Dani mentally made a hit list in his head. First, he was going to kill Eddie and eat his eyes. Then he was going to beat Dorian to death. The rest? ah, he didn?t know. He?d just hurt them, maybe.

Another cop walked in awhile later, someone walking behind them. Dani grabbed the bars and looked up trying to see who it was. A girl, he?d never seen her before. She was probably related to one of the losers locked up. Luckily Dani was on his own so he couldn?t punch anyway; everyone else was either paired up or in another cell completely. He watched the girl stand there, looking at everyone in the cells, making Dani slightly angry. He wasn?t an animal.

[B]?Take a picture, it lasts longer.?[/B] Dani shouted.

The girl?s attention focused on him. [B]?I just came to ask you some questions.?[/B] She said sternly.

[B]?Good luck getting anything out of him, he landed us in here.?[/B] Dorian said, rolling his eyes. Dani moved from his place and slammed himself into the bars in the cell beside him containing Dorian, giving a low snarl and placing his forehead against the bars.

Although, Dorian was right. Dani wasn?t going to answer any questions anytime soon. He sat down at the front of his cell and tapped the bars, drum beats, any old beat he remembered. He got a glance or two off everyone else, indicating he was becoming annoying, but to be honest he didn?t care at all. Not one bit. Once he was out of his cell Dani was sure he?d hunt them down.

He turned his head away from everyone else when he heard coughing. No one had a cold, did they? He shrugged, thinking it was probably just someone in the other cell. But it [I]did[/i] sound like it was coming from behind him. He turned back to where the girl was asking questions, not interested in her at all. Dani did, however, become interested in the silhouette behind her. He stood up again, noticing it was a rather young looking lad. Dani smirked.

When the boy?s eyes met with Dani?s, Dani gave a nod and indicated for him to come over. The boy didn?t move at all. Trying to be more convincing, Dani smiled (painfully) and mouthed for the boy to come over. After awhile, the boy decided to move? quite clumsily, in fact? and Dani wasn?t sure whether his own powers had done it or the boy just wanted to come over.

[B]?Excuse me, but what?re - ?[/B]

[B]?Hey, kid, come here. I want to talk to you.?[/B] Dani cut the girl off who was asking the questions. Everyone turned to Dani and noticed the young lad walking over to Dani?s cell at the end. Smiling, Dani lent over the bars and studied the boy for a moment.

[B]?I think you should stay away from him, he?s nothing but trouble.?[/B] Brian had warned, across the cell from Dani. Apparently everyone had figured out that Dani wasn?t the nicest guy in the world. Offended, Dani looked over at Brian sternly, giving him a warning look. Brian didn?t speak after that.

[B]?So what?s your name, kid??[/B] asked Dani.

The boy looked a little suspicious as he spoke, then again he also looked a little lost. [B]?I'm Moses.?[/B]

[B]??Right. I?m Dani. You don?t want to listen to them lot, they?re the ones who landed me in here. You can do me a favour, if you want, you know. Do you know where the keys are??[/B]

Moses didn?t reply. Dani smiled and glanced at the others. Whether they knew about their powers or not, Dani certainly knew about his. He knew that he could easily input suggestions into people, others were easier to take advantage over. This young boy who had someone managed to find his way through the cells could easily obtain the keys, and Dani?s freedom. He stared at the boy for awhile, wondering whether he should take it a step further and touch his temple like he did with Charles to make [I]sure[/I] it worked.

[B]?Leave him alone.?[/B] Eddie, once again obviously trying to make an enemy of Dani, warned from the other cell. It seemed everyone was looking at Dani now, even that girl who was asking the questions. The boy was looking at him even more suspiciously, and Dani rolled his eyes.

Moses began to back away and when every stopped looking Dani lent forward and grabbed Moses, just running his fingers across the side of his face briefly.

[B]?I?ll show you the world if you let me go.?[/B] Dani whispered in his ear.

Dani backed away after that, retreating to the edge of his cell.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][i]Man[/i] that guy was annoying. Was the tongue bit supposed to disgust him? He'd seen worse - [i]caused[/i] worse. It was just....[i]annoying.[/i] Charles growled at the taunting [B]"I'll eat you alive," [/B]muttering under his breath.
[B]
"Like to see y'try, freak." [/B]He was still half hunched over, Dani's...attack had left him sore in places he'd rather not think about. Screw keeping a clean record - the freak was gonna [i]pay[/i] for that one. He glowered at his cell mate; as far as he could tell the man's name was Brian - thus far he'd kept his distance. If he had to be in a cell, couldn't he have at least been in one with that Beth chick?

The police men obviously had known [i]that[/i] would be a bad idea. But still...it was worth a [i]thought[/i]...he'd been hopeful at the beginning that this would be over relatively quick. Then came the blood-spitting - and Charles knew they wouldn't be getting out tonight. Yet another reason to despise that Dani guy.

His head still pounded from both Dani's....whatever that had been, with the images and the darkness; compounded with the officers who'd slammed him into the wall - he'd been half-hoping for a bloody nose so he'd be able to at least hurt one of 'em, that had [i]hurt[/i] - and he had the beginning of a migrane. He'd collapsed on the bed once he'd been thrown in this cell -

And then Eddie started shouting.

[B][i]Shoot me now.[/i] [/B]Charles wasn't even sure if his mental voice was being sarcastic. He glared daggers at the ceiling, pondering biting his tongue just to see if he'd be able to spit the flame at Eddie...he quashed that as a bad idea rather quickly, although it was very hard to shove away the mental image of trying it with Dani.

The door clanked open, admitting the officer and some chick. Charles ignored them. If she wanted to stare, sure, go ahead. He wasn't gonna give her the satisfaction of seeing how much it annoyed him that she was there and he was here. His head shot up, though, at the sudden tattoo of drumbeats on the bars. [B][i]Dani. It has to be that freak...[/i][/B]

Yep. But the drummer was quickly distracted by the new kid who stepped in, looking somewhat lost and somewhat confused. Charles watched with suspicion as Dani talked to the kid - the kid looked somewhat uncomfortable. Charles couldn't quite say he blamed him. Dani had backed off by the time Charles growled.

[B]"Don't say anythin' dumb to the kid, freak, you'll get us locked up longer."[/B] He watched Dani, hoping the constant 'freak' name would annoy him even a fraction as much as Dani was annoying him.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]The ?kid? froze at the touch of cold fingers, not blinking, not breathing at the images and the dark that slid through his mind. He pushed them away as fast as he could and moved, turning on his heels and heading back out the door that led to this section of cells without a backwards glance at the other people in the cells.

After pausing for the briefest moment to look at the number that was tacked above the door, Moses headed down the hall, shying away from Ken?s cell when the other man lunged at the bars. His feet picked up the pace as his left hand pushed him away from the cell he?d nearly walked into; he walked into the lobby and up to the desk which had been abandoned by the woman who had been ? formerly ? answering the phones and writing things up.

In fact, after a look around the lobby, Moses noted that [i]no one[/i] was in the room at all. Odd. He shrugged and moved into the little space behind the fortress like desk and studied the keys hanging on pegs behind bullet-proof glass.

He didn?t want more images like he?d gotten before, he didn?t want that man?s blackness in his mind any longer. Maybe if he took him the keys the man would leave him alone?or maybe he would no longer bother him now that he wasn?t in the room?

Moses didn?t want to take the chance and have the man find away to send more darkness; He slid open the various desk draws until he found a key and turned, inserting it into the lock that held the case shut.

The door to the case swung open easily and, standing on his tiptoes, one hand braced on a cabinet, Moses manage to grab the keys for the cell block and shove them in his pocket. He found paper and pen before leaving and wrote a note for the receptionist, telling her the keys would be returned and ?not to worry.? Before he carefully maneuvered around the desk and began his return journey.

?was he supposed to let out the Dark Guy only, or all of them? He really should be home studying for his test?graduating depended on the grades he got?ah well.

Maybe the guards would stop him, take the keys and send him home...[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Dani came to the bars again, glaring through the gap at Charles. He looked pretty damn full of himself. Dani wasn?t sure how smart Charles would be if they were in the same cell? then again, Charles looked like he wanted a fight. If Dani got his hands on him then, by all means, he?d give Charles a fight.

[B]?Why don?t you come a little closer and say that, Charlie-boy??[/B]

Charles, not really completely angry, got up from his place on his bed and lent on the bars too, glaring back at Dani.

[B]?What can I do fer ya, freak??[/B]

[B]?You can [I]die[/i]. Or you can let me kill you. Either way, I don?t mind. Just I don?t think you?d be so smart arse if I were sat next to you. I?d show you things that?d make street murder seem like Bear in the Big Blue House.?[/B]

Charles rolled his eyes. [B]?Seen it.?[/B] He said, referring to the street comment, not so much the Bear in the Big Blue House part. Dani, after hearing this, leaned forward quickly and tried to grab Charles. [B]?Whoa, freak on a leash.?[/B]

Dani?s eyes darkened. For one, freak on a leash was a song by Korn, which he pretty much hated. For two, he was frustrated that the bars were in his way. Angrily, he coughed up blood and saliva for the second time in the night and spat at Charles, managing to get him in the face.

There was a haunting laugh from Dani and growl of frustration and disgust from Charles. Dani stepped back in his cell, chuckling at Charles until his fun was stopped by the girl, staring at Dani sternly. Dani stopped laughing for a moment and turned to her, giving her a ?what?? look before she spoke up.

[B]?So what was [I]your[/I] place in this fight??[/b] she asked him.

Dani raised an eyebrow. [B]?What?s your name??[/b] he asked, changing the subject for no odd reason other than he could.

[B]?Juliet. That?s all you need to know.?[/B]

Dani, as an inside joke, extended his hand. [B]?Nice to meet you. Don?t worry, I only spit at shit like Charles and pigs.?[/B] Dani said as small comfort that his hands were clean. Juliet shook it with a frown.

[B]?A pleasure.?[/B] She said, somewhat sarcastically. [B]?What was your place in this??[/B]

[B]?He started it.?[/B] Dorian shouted.

[B]?She asked me!?[/B] Dani snarled back. [B]?But yeah, he?s right. I started it. Giddy little fuckers over there ran right into me and pushed me onto Eden. Thought he could get away with it, so I thought I?d prove him wrong.?[/B]

[B]?Right. You were [i]defending[/i] yourself. But there was something strange about it. Something strange about the way you talked to that lad too, you can?t do anything? extraordinary, can you??[/B]

Dani?s eyes widened a little. She was started to get weary and careful about what she was saying. Standing up, Dani paced towards the bars again and lent into them. He thought for a moment about what he should say and do, how he should answer her? if he should at all. He wasn?t sure if that Moses kid would get the keys for him, maybe he needed someone else, just to make sure.

[B]?Come over here and I?ll show you.?[/B] Dani whispered.

Juliet walked towards the bars quite confidently and stood in front of Dani for a moment. Dani smirked, he stood up straight and looked back at her. Then, like lightning he reached forward through the bars for Juliet?s head. Unfortunately, she was expecting it. She caught his arm and twisted it, bringing little pain to Dani but enough to make him lift his head and draw in a sharp breath. He looked at her, eyes wide.

[B]?I?m not stupid.?[/B] She said with a smirk.

Dani narrowed his eyes at her. Damnit, why did they always have to be so clever? Well, really, Dani wasn?t exactly expecting to get a shot all the time. She didn?t look like she?d take shit from anyway. He glanced down the corridor for a moment and saw, to his disbelief, a figure that he found familiar. All thoughts of Juliet?s lucky catch were quickly pushed to the back of his mind and he grinned broadly at the sight he was gazing at.

[B][I]?You may not be stupid but I know someone who is??[/B][/I] Dani laughed inside his head.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=dimgray]Dorian sat on the floor, his eyes shut tight, trying to keep out the unbearable light. [i]"Did the pigs take my shades, or did that fucker Dani knock them off"[/i] The thought making his heart race from the anger coarsing through his veins, anger at the cops for being such fucking pigs, though that was nothing compaired to the anger towards Dani, but all he could do was sit and listen, listen to the never ending bull shit spewing from Dani's mouth. [/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray][i]"I could make the room dark, then I could see, but fuck, I'd still just be here"[/i] Dorian mumbled to himself listening to Dani, and a guy named Charles yell. [i]"Looks like me and this Charles got a common problem"[/i] Dorian spat on the ground, almost missing Eddie, who grumbled a few word in spanish, probably curses.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray]As Dorian say his ears picked up a new voice in the mix, it was female, and very attractive sounding, like a lulling whisper, or a slight breeze, like a snake whispering in your ear.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray]Leaning foward Dorian could barely make out the woman questioning his least favorite person at the moment. Though he did hear one thing, her name was Juliet as she continued to question Dani.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"What was your place in this?"[/b][/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray]Enraged Dorian yelled,[b] "He started it,"[/b] Mumbling a few select words under his breath as he finished.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"She asked me"[/b] Dani yelled back before loundly explaining [b]?But yeah, he?s right. I started it. Giddy little fuckers over there ran right into me and pushed me onto Eden. Thought he could get away with it, so I thought I?d prove him wrong.?[/b][/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Ignorent asshole, I didn't fuckin mean to, I tried to be nice and apologize, but your a fucking pig headed dipshit with a chip on his shoulder"[/b] Dorian yelled, but he didn't think Dani heard over his own loud mouth voice.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]?Right. You were [i]defending[/i] yourself. But there was something strange about it. Something strange about the way you talked to that lad too, you can?t do anything? extraordinary, can you?? [/b]Juliet replied casually at first, but hesitating slightly towards the end. She was smart, very smart, and Dorian got the feeling he'd gotten alot lately, different.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray]Dani said something, but low enough that Dorain couldn't hear, but Juliets footsteps began to echo. "Is she leaving, or maybe she isn't as smart as I thought" Dorian thought to himself, shading his eyes, trying to catch a glimse of what was going on.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=dimgray]The foot steps stopped, and was followed by what seems the movement of a body, followed by a sharp breath, and it wasn't from the woman. [i]"Definately smart, Definately smart"[/i] Dorian stood up leaning against the wall for support, he wanted to talk to this mystery woman himself, but more footsteps began to echo down the hall, maybe he wouldn't get a chance.[/color][/size]

[size=1]OOC: Hey sorry I haven't posted much, hope that my posy makes sense to everyone. Just so every one remembers if you're posting with Dorian, he can't see unless there is low light or no light, or he has sun glasses on, which he normally does anyways.[/size]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][size=1]For Cairo Wilson, the day had began as usual. He went to his 8:00 class, then headed for work at the cafe. But as he arrived, he saw his boss pushing a rather wrinkled old man out of the door, [b]"I'm sorry pal, but if you don't have no money, then you don't get no service!!"

"My apologies sir, but I only wanted to post some of my fliers around your cafe....."[/b] The older man said.

[b]"What?! I don't want garbage like that in or around my cafe, now beat it before I call the cops back here!"[/b] And with that, the door was slamed shut in the old man's face, causing a slight gust of wind to blow and sending the fliers floating to the ground.

[b] "Let me help you with that."[/b] Cairo said as he climbed out of his car, [b]"I'm sorry, but my boss can be an ass at times...heh."[/b]

[b]"No problem young man....when you get old like me, you get used to being treated like dirt.....times sure have changed though, cause back in my day peo--oh I'm sorry for rambling like that, it's an old habit of mine, and as a token of my gratitude, take one of these fliers......it might just come in handy......"[/b]

[b]"Oh okay.....if you say so"[/b], Cairo said with a puzzled look on his face. It was only after that, did he realized that he was now officially late for work, [b]"Sorry sir, but I'm about to be late for work, but--um, thanks for the flier."[/b] While walking towards the back to put on his apron, he folded the sheet of paper and put it in his back pocket, not even stoping to glance at it.

[B]"Yo Cairo, it's about time you got here!"[/B] Cairo's boss said as he began to wash his hands.

[b]"Sorry about that Tony, but I was helping that old guy outside." [/b]

[b]"You were late because you helped [I]that[/I] bum?! Just for that, take off your apron you're doin deliveries today!"[/b]

[b]"Woopie.....the excitement is pouring out of me."[/b] Cairo said, making sure that his lackluster reponse sounded dull, and dry. As he took off the apron, and looked at the delivery charts, his boss interupted saying,

[b]"Yo, be careful out there too. About 20 min. ago I had to call the cops, there was a huge street brawl out there and I don't know if all the maniacs got arrested or not." [/b]

[b]"I'm flattered by your concern Tony but I've got nothing to worry about, after all this delivery [I]is[/I] at the Police station."[/b]

[CENTER]*****[/CENTER]

When Cairo arrived at the station, and didn't hear or see anyone, he noticed something wasn't right, [b][i]"What the hell is going on here......"[/i][/b] he thought to himself, [b][i]"this place is usually bustling with busy people....."[/b][/i] so with the undelivered coffee in his hands, he started down the hall, not knowing what to expect......

[b]OOC: I know that this post bites, but I managed to squeeze in there somehow....[/b][/FONT][/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Charles smirked softly to himself when the woman twisted Dani's arm. He'd retreated to his cot in sullen silence, swabbing blood and spit from his face with the rough wool blanket. His mind was a constant stream of curses, not all of them in english. It took him a few breaths to calm down and be able to think about something other than tearing the freak's head off.

Ok, maybe a lot more than a few breaths. What he wouldn't give for his knife and ten minutes...

No, bad. Bad train of thought. Charles leaned back against the wall, and contented himself with boring a hole in Dani with his eyes. A lot less likely to get in trouble that way...he found himself distracted every now and then by Beth in the cell across from them. She looked....in contrast with the men, she looked more scared than anything...huh.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]The keys in Moses? pocket weighed heavily and felt as if they would burn holes in the denim; he pulled them back out and held them in his cupped palms as he stood in the corridor and studied them.

?maybe he should put them back?before, like, someone noticed them missing. The metal of the keys warmed with the contact with his skin as he turned his gaze on the doorway ahead of him and tried to figure a way out of his dilemma.

Through the door he could see most of the others and finally his eyes passed over the young women; he frowned and stepped into the room, headed for Eden?s cell, keys still in his hand.

He?d give them to her ? she looked normal enough ? and she could let out those that deserved it?it was, um?a good plan?sort of.

?where were the guards to stop him? Ehn?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]A glint sparkled in his eyes and something in it gave off a strange feeling. Following his gaze, Juliet saw a boy walk towards one of the cells with keys in hand. Seeing this, Juliet groaned and shouted [B]?Hey!?[/B] as she let go of the man roughly. The boy tightened his grip on the keys as Juliet walked towards him. Everyone looked their way as Juliet finally stopped in front of him with arms crossed, right leg slightly bent.

[B]?He-he told me to get the keys.?[/B] A frightened boy stood before Juliet, who rolled her eyes slightly. [B]?I was going to let her out and??[/B]

He was cut off by Juliet who said, in a sarcastic tone, [B]?And then you?re going to tell me it wasn?t your fault, begging for forgiveness as if I was some sort of priest.?[/B] The boy?s eyes averted Juliet?s when she said this. She merely rolled her eyes and raised a brow, a ?talent? she always wore on her face. [B]?Put the keys back, you sophomoric child. There?s no use for them here.?[/B]

Turned back to the people, Juliet began to walk towards the gothic but did not hear the boy?s. She stopped and said in simple words that even a child could understand, [B]?Put them back in their place or I?ll put you in yours.?[/B] Still he did not move, only clenching the keys in his hands. He was scared and Juliet had a slight inkling as to why. [B]?If you?re scared of Mr. Boogeyman over there, don?t be. Just put them back and no one gets in trouble? including you.?[/B]

Finally the boy left and Juliet was left alone with the group of misfits. She walked back to the dark man?s cell and looked at him as if he were some sort of amusing animal. This angered him, in fact Juliet saw the words kill and destroy written on his face. A chuckle later, he stood in front of her with hands wrapped around a bar.

[B]?I?m glad you?re finding all of this amusing.?[/B] Juliet stepped towards him and smirked. He merely looked her over?slowly. [B]?Aren?t you scared that I might grab that pretty little head of yours and mess it up??

?Aren?t you scared that I might grab yours and taste that fresh blood??[/B] She murmured quietly. The man chuckled as if to say ?touché.? Juliet watched him push himself off of the bars and stretch as he walked around in his cell. She continued her ?conversation.? [B]?You didn?t answer my question. Can you or can you not do anything extraordinary? And don?t give me crap.?[/B][/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Dani smiled, a real smile for the first time in awhile. This girl had something, she wasn?t scared of him. Dani found that oddly impressive. She wasn?t scared but he was determined to make her scared, at some point. Dani felt like it was a challenge. See if he could make the hard girl quiver and shake. Yeah, he could do that. He could do it.

[B]?I can do something mighty extraordinary, alright.?[/B] Dani snarled, coming up to the bars and talking in her face. [B]?That boy ain?t exactly a little toy you feed instructions into. I can make you do things you won?t even imagine. I can make you see things that demons have nightmares about, show the kinda crap the devil wouldn?t want his kids to see on TV. I can put it in your head if I?m touching you, a direct link, or if you?re being a bit stubborn and I twist the shadows to my will. You?ll see the darkest images in front of you, and if you close your eyes it won?t make a difference? it?ll be in the back of your head, imprinted on your eyelids. It won?t go away.?[/B]

He was very, very close to her now, so close that she could feel his words on her face, smell the blood from his mouth. She was listening, she didn?t back away, she just kept her eyes locked with is and didn?t even try and to blink. Dani was so close that he felt as if he could feel her thoughts, though really, he knew that wasn?t his power.

[B]?I thought I told you, no crap.?[/B] She said back, mimicking his tone.

[B]?I?ll just have to show you then, won?t I??[/B]

Before Juliet could comprehend what he said Dani grabbed the back of her head and slammed her into the bars, his eyes directly looking into hers. There was the sound of rustling and movement from the other cells, probably a lot of the others were getting sick of Dani trying to pull something off with his powers. At least they were becoming aware of him.

[I][B]?Do you know what I dream about? Hurting people. I have all this stored in my head, it would be selfish to keep it to myself. Breathe in the black smoke? and? well, choke.?[/B][/I]

Dani knew whatever he said in his head would somehow echo into Juliet?s mind. It would stay there for awhile, hours, days even, just daunting like a bad memory. Everything was just like a dream, blurred, images and experiences just floating around ready to be ordered. Whatever Dani felt, saw, heard, said, Juliet would know. His power made him the dominate one in this link, he could blank her out and beat her down and she?d have no say in it.

Obviously these images would fade over time, they?d only keep the receiver pretty? hurt and shocked until they faded. Dani knew, oh he definitely knew, that there was a way to keep them there permanently. You had to make them a part of the person. Just like Dani. They were part of him, but he was strong. He could survive living through all those horrible, grotesque thoughts, but they couldn?t. They rarely could.

He pushed himself further into her mind where everything was; her personality, her memories, her [I]soul[/I]. Once the door was opened Dani would win. Always. He tried to break further into her mind until it was too late. She, apparently, had extraordinary gifts as well.

All Dani remembered before he fell back as a snake, an image of a large black snake launching for his face. It was enough to break his hold on Juliet and he stumbled back, wide eyed and shocked to the very edge of his cell, breathing heavily. A mental defence. No doubt a lot of the gifted guys had it?

Juliet fell back and was forced to clutch onto the bars behind her in case she fell over. In reality the process didn?t take too long, as everyone, including Moses, were still there. Dani was aware he had done some damage, he was aware he had done a lot of damage to himself by awakening old, forgotten thoughts and he was even more aware of people watching him. He backed away even further to the edge of his cell and tried to breath deeply, struggling.

He didn?t want to do this anymore. A reoccurring thought he always had; he didn?t want to do [I]this[/I]. Nothing in particular? it was just he didn?t want to do anything. He wanted to go to sleep and never wake up. He lay himself on the floor and looked at Juliet, hoping and knowing she was probably in a worse state than he was. In time, in a short time, Dani knew he?d have completely control over his powers. He knew it wouldn?t hurt him. He wondered what everyone thought of him now. Not so tough? He didn?t care. He was going to die and he was going to take everyone with him some day.

The corridor was suddenly walked down once more and a skinny, different, somewhat timid police officer came down, glancing at Moses suspiciously and giving Juliet a nod. She didn?t do anything back.

[B]?Boss says you?re all out by tomorrow morning. We might call a few of you back when we get the whole story straight and sorted. You ain?t off the hook yet, kids.?[/B] The officer came to Dani?s cell, looking in. [B]?You the guy who spat in boss?s face, righ???[/B]

[B]?Fuck off.?[/B]

[B]?Listen, you better start showing something called respect or you?ll be spendin? - ?[/B]

Dani got to his feet and turned to the police officer, running at the bars and slamming into them.

[B]?I said fuck off!?[/B] he shouted.

The police man blinked several times, taken aback by the yelling. Dani backed away then, collapsing back on the ground. The police officer turned around, looking at everyone as if they were the oddest bunch in the world. Well, they were. He turned to ask Moses something.

[B]?What?re you doing here???[/B]

Dani could hear a conversation now, someone in the cell had jumped to the defence of the lad, telling the police, perhaps, that he was here for a visit like Juliet. Maybe they noticed the keys. Whoever did it, they did it well. The police man backed off down the corridor, muttering under his breath. Dani couldn?t hear. Not even if they were all shouting down his ear.

He looked up at Juliet who was still stood, looking at Dani, probably not knowing what to do or say. Dani shouldn?t have done it. Shouldn?t have done it. Now they?d all know that it hurts him, too, that it?s not without it?s jinx. At least he was satisified with himself. Juliet wouldn?t sleep after that, he was sure of it. He smirked at her, before turning over and closing his eyes.

-----
[I]OOC: Okay, I apologise if anyone thinks I?m overusing Dani?s powers or something, once everyone?s out, go wild with your powers. My next post we?re out of prison, so make your posts quick keys. Just something short so you can keep track of where you are will do. And yeah, typos all over in my post or something. Sorry, it?s 3:40am and I?ll check it tomorrow. Bad, bad Vicky? sorry, promise quality will improve from me when I?m not ill ^_^[/I][/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Moses moved along the wall, avoiding all he could, before he reached the cell Eden was in and bent down. For the fourth or fifth time he wondered what was urging him to help any of these people out, but he shoved it from his mind ? it was usually a bit off, anyhow. ?Um?I hope I?m doing the right thing; here are the keys if you want them.? He set them on the floor and shoved them, sending the pieces of metal sliding over the floor to bump against her feet.

Still crouched down he gave a quick glance behind him. It was enough to tell him that the woman ? who like mostly everyone else he met had pegged him all wrong ? still hadn?t really recovered from Dani?s?attack.

If she had, she wasn?t showing it anyhow?he shrugged to himself and turned away again, beginning to head toward the door so that he could leave. As he set his hand on the handle, though, it slammed open into his face with a sickening crack.

Moses placed a hand to his bleeding nose and looked up into Nance and Ken?s horrified faces. The two began apologizing ? there were people around, after all ? profusely as they grabbed him by his arms and hustled him towards the lobby with murmured remarks on the subject of ice and bandages.

Maybe he?d see the lot of them again and get a chance to meet more than some rude woman and a frightening man?maybe meet the people who?d been warning him to stay away?

It?was worth thinking about, anyhow?provided it stayed in his mind, he mused, as they left the police office behind.

?it really was, like, deserted today, wasn?t it?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Beth had curled up into a ball in the corner of her cot, chin resting on her knees as she looked down at her hands.

She was stupid, so [I]damn[/I] stupid. How could she have forgotten her gloves? Now she was reduced to keeping her hands fisted on either side of her, refusing to touch a single thing lest her powers reveal themselves to everyone. Surely the police wouldn?t let her go then.

She barely noticed when Dani made his attack on the outside woman, her eyes too occupied by the deathly charge circling her digits. She did take notice when she heard Dani yelling, though, and despite his outburst she was relieved to know they?d all be getting out.

She looked up then and caught Charles? eyes, smiling sadly as he acknowledged her. Perhaps she could buy him that drink when all this was over.[/SIZE]

Cat, finally caught by the police, was roughly pushed into a strange cell, next to a man, a bit older than herself. She looked at the iron bars. If she gathered enough anger, she could use boiling water to melt the bars. But then she banished the thought, cause she would be surely seen by the guards patrolling the corridors. She looked through the iron bars to a cell identical to her own, to see a young man in it. The sight of him, gave her shivers. Prickling with curiousity, she aimed a small jet stream of water at him, enough to make a small spot on his back wet.

"Hey, what's your name? Mines Cathrine." she waited paitently for him to answer.

Victor decided to take a break and go home for a while. As he drove home, it seemed that the city was a lot quieter, as if all the noisy people had been locked away. The drive home was lot less eventful as the drive to work.

Victor finally arrived home, he pulled into the drive way, got out of the car and then locked it. As he did he notcied the door was open, the lock had been hit very hard, something hard.Victor was very paranoid, worried about being broke into.

He heard a noise from upstairs, he quickly ran up the stairs, looking for wherever the noise came from, as he opened one of the doors he notcied a Hooded figure, The figure turned around. It was a youth in a hoody.

"Ya came back at the wrong time, nobhead" The Youth Said as he drew a knife from the sleeve of his hoody.

Victor looked down at the knife. "I'll fucking throw ya out the window, ya daft cunt." Victor replied, he said to sound like he wasn't afraid at all, which he was.

Getting attacked by a youth with a knife wasn't something he did every day.

The youth lunged out with the knife, Victor quickly anticipated this and ducked down, throwing the youth over his shoulder. The youth was on the floor, he dropped the knife, Victor looked down at him. He actually conteplated kicking the youth why he was down, unusual for Victor.

The Youth sweeped Victor and grabbed the knife. He brought the knfie up and elt out an evil grin. as he brought the knfie down into victor's arm, he yelled in pain. He punched the youth with his other hand, the youth rolled over, Victor grabbed the knife, pulling it out of his arm and stabbed into the Youth's abdomen..repeatedly.

Victor quickly sprung to his feet, looking down as the youth bled out. He didn't know what to do, then it came to him, He coudl risk using his power, to cure him but if it went wrong, he'd die but he'd probably die of the bleeding anyway.

"This better work" Victor Thought to himself as he reached down. A glow came from his hand and the Youth's wounded started to close, Victor heard sirens outside and heard Police Officers enter the house. Victor had an optimsitic thought, "if it worked then it'll work again." So he tried again but this time a black glow came from his hand, he tried to keep quiet as he could feel the excruciating pain. The Youth had fainted after seeing the power.

The police came in and took the two men away, the Youth to be locked up and Victor to give a statement then get treated for his wound. Victor walked in the Police Station, he heard a commotion from one of the next rooms as he strolled down the corridor, he held his arm because it still hurt, suddenly a white glow came aroudn his arm and his arm started healing. he looked around weary as if someone had seen him. It seemed no one did, but someone would realise he spontanouesly healed.

A Police Officer enetered the room where the commotion was coming from, Victor looked in, he saw a random bunch of people, but recognised two from the events early in the morning, especially the spanish mouthy one. Victor waited a while in the corridor, eventually a nothe rperson was dragged towards the room, she didn't look very happy. Victor gave her a confused look.

OOC: I couldn't think of any other reason why Victor would be in the police station, so I made up a story :D.

The sun was high in the sky. [I][B]That's a good sign,[/B][/I] Brian thought. At least it was one second closer to getting out of there. So far he'd only spoken up twice. Both times to that Dani Character, and he was starting to see why he was in a cell by himself. What was worse, Brian was in a cell with Charles: The only other guy that acutally gave Brian an unsettling feeling. It was probably just because he'd seen Dani and him go at it.

He didn't really know what to do. He'd never met such extreme people in his home town, and he'd only been living in California for a few months. It just hadn't been going good for him so far. Currently he sat there, thinking to himself, of ways to get out of this mess without giving his name. That was the only thing Brian was greatful to Dani for. He laughed to himself, [I][B]I bet if the goth knew that I was trying to hide my name, he would have told it for me.[/B][/I] After all, the man sure did seem to want to cause a lot of trouble. If the cops found out Brian's name, it wouldn't take long before they found out that he was on the flight that crashed just 20 hours prior. He could probably lie his way out of it, but all the strangeness going on, he didn't want any unnecessary attention.

Charles took the bench in their cell, and so Brian sat down in the floor, his back against the bars and took in all of the sights at the all-so-apparent group of super powered freaks.

Dani, despite all his toughness, definately took the worst beating. [I][B]Serves him right. If wouldn't have picked a fight with every living thing, then he wouldn't have this problem.[/B][/I] But he also seemed to be the strongest. Not physically, although that wasn't lacking, but he seemed to be the farthest along with his powers. And with his display on that girl called Juliet, it definately made him a force to be reckoned with.

And Juliet, she was strong too. Brian had only met her unofficially a little while ago, but, hell, she seemed just as strange as the rest of the cell mates. If not wierder. And the way she moved and hurt that gothic fucker, brought Brian to the conclusion that she was, at least for now, on his side.

Eddie. That was the guy that Brian had seen at the fight with something sticking out of him. It looked like a blue spike, but what it was for sure, he couldn't say. [I][B]It certainly is odd though,[/B][/I] he thought because there was not one drop of blood on Eddie. It seemed as though that spike that was in him was actually part of him! It strange to think about.

Dorian seemed cool too, Almost like Juliet. He seemed to be on Brian's side for the moment in their collective animosity toward Dani, but he was one that Brian couldn't really figure out. Strength wise, he was stronger than Dani. So it definately gave Dani under-dog points for throwing a punch at a complete stranger who was obviously stronger than himself.

Then there was Charles. Brian had already figured out what his power was. With the evidence in his fingerprints that were left burned into Dani's skin. He could see the large hand shaped burn on his arm and a couple finger shaped burns in his neck. Dani acted like he didn't notice, [I][B]He's such a crazy shit, he probably like the pain,[/B][/I] but Brian saw it while they were still in the wating room. Fire: Charles had fire abilties and Dani had dark powers of some kind. [I][B]two down, five more to go.[/B][/I]

Nevermind, make that six. Someone else walked into the room. He wasn't young, but he wasn't 18 yet. Probably just a senior in high school. And once agian, there was something strange about him. Brian never caught his name, but the more all of these strange, seemingly random people found their way into the police station, the more Brian wanted to observe them and figure out what their 'gift' was. Or in Dani's and Charles' cases, their 'curse'

He looked over at the cell with the two girls. He learned their names, but he didn't know much about them. The one called Beth, who seemed to be there with Charles ([I][B]what an odd combination[/B][/I]) was very anxious. She sat in a corner on the bench with her knees pulled up to her chest. She was doing something with her hands like she was nervous. And of course, she kept sneaking glances at Charles, who Brian saw return with some sort of aknowledgement.

Lastly, this girl Eden. She was very beautiful, but she seemed the most distant and one of the few innocent ones, besides himself. Eden was the one that appeared to be with Dani, but with all the conversations and confrontation that had been going on, he quickly learned that Dani was just some sort of wierd stalker.

Just then, the police came in for the third time, to put another girl in the cell right next to Brian and Charles and directly across from Eddie an Dorian. She huffed a bit. Brian didn't remember seeing her outside the cafe and there didn't seem to be anything that was out of the ordinary except for her wild blonde hair. Uninterested and rather tired, Brian layed his hid down on his knees, preparing to wait out the night. The commotion from all of the strangers seemed to quiet down a bit, but it was still there. However, Brian's mind was in too much pain to care so he just blocked it all out. A drop of water suddenly landed on the back of Brian's neck. [I][B]This police station is a piece of shit,[/B][/I] he thought, as he reached up to wipe of the droplet. But just a few seconds later, it reappeared with quite a bit more force. Brian looked up to the cieling but there wasn't even a crack or dent to indicate water damage.

That's when he saw her: The blonde whispering to get his attention: [B]"Hey, what's your name? Mines Cathrine."[/B]

[I][B]So she IS gifted,[/B][/I] Brian thought as he gave Cathrine a friendly smile.

[B]"I'm Brian. Nice to meet you."[/B]

[SIZE=1][I]OOC: It?s getting late here and there?s no way in hell I?m writing another crappy post. So here ends our night in prison. You can go your separate ways or stay with people, but basically everyone who was present in the prison (such as Victor, Cairo and Zane) are involved. So that means after this post? go have fun again. Go make things interesting, use your powers, find the people you spent the night with in the prison, try and figure things out? anything. I?ll even get things moving by setting Dani off on a wonder around town so you can all jump him if you like, lol. Apologies for those who didn?t get to post their characters thoughts, feelings or whatever about the situation, just moving things along.

And Jesus Christ [strike]Danny[/strike] Prince Van, colourful language O_o;; (lol, kiddin?, just Goat here don?t use the ?c? word often?) Hope your character is planning on staying one night too, so I just threw him in the cell with us?[/I]

----------

Alright, so Dani was feeling better now. He was still on the floor because it felt comfortable to him, as if it would be the only sleep he?d get. He wasn?t sleeping, but it was close enough. He kept his head titled to the side to keep tabs on everyone else. No one was doing anything to show they were weird like him, still didn?t make Dani?s suspicions go away. They were all carrying powers, probably for free. Dani figured they were all a threat to him. Half of them were like the fucking Power Rangers, fighting for good and therefore stopping Dani in his tracks? bloody hell. That?s what he guessed from their attitudes (excluding? a few? perhaps).

He came to the conclusion that fate was working here, they were all in the same corridor for a reason. He concluded that everyone present, no matter how insignificant, was now pretty much a target. Dani figured if he even saw any of them again he?d have something to say, make sure they stay out of his way. Or start another fight. Dani would get all cut up and bruised but the things he could do to their head? it?d be worth it.

He saw a new girl arrive. She was on his hit list, too. He listened carefully, really carefully, catching her name. Cathrine? and she was young, too. A teenager. Dani?s attempt at hurting Juliet had really done some damage, his powers weren?t helping him control himself. He turned away quickly from the girl and grabbed his head. He was mean, he was nasty but he wasn?t going to torture any young girls, despite what his insanity had decided.

Curiosity took hold of him at the sound of the door opening again. He turned to see the corridor flood with light and a police man walk in, again. Standing up, Dani glimpsed into the corridor. A man, looking as though he wasn?t a criminal at all, was dragged along behind the copper that seemed to enjoy transversing the corridors. Dani squinted. Fate was indeed bringing them all together, though he couldn?t help but feel there was something more.

[B]?Okay folks, one more addition to your crazy circus. You?re here until morning but don?t be surprised if we call you back. You too, buddy, you?re here until morning.?[/B] The police man nodded towards the new arrival. [B]?Juliet, boss says you gotta leave now. Give these goons sometime to clear their head.?[/B]

Juliet acknowledged the officer, somewhat distantly, and gave a nod. The young officer stepped aside to let her pass and she left, but not before giving a stern glance at Dani. Dani breathed in, heavily.

[B]?I?ll see [I]you[/I] later.?[/B] She warned.

There was a somewhat uncomfortable silence present among the ?circus crew? for awhile, a chance for the young officer to survey the strange collection of people in the cells. He breathed in, ran a hand through his thick brown hair, and continued.

[B]?You girl, ?cause your young and this is your first offence, you get off with a warning. Anymore and we smack you up in here for a week, got it??[/B] The officer directed his attention to Cathrine, who was sharing a cell with Brian and Charles. Obviously the police in this station knew nothing about keeping prisoners, or the law, for that matter.

[B]?Hey Stan, delivery boys here. Been waitin? awhile.?[/B]

The young officer turned to the voice that had called from the reception. He decided it was his time to go and after giving them all a look over, he turned to leave.

[B]?Who?s the delivery boy??[/B] Dani was not going to let a chance of another extraordinary person slip from his fingers.

[B]?Cairo, works right outside where you started that fight. I think I better warn him about you, if he so much as says your face around there again, we?ll bang you up in here again.?[/B]

There was a laugh from the staff at the reception who had obviously heard the young officer?s remark. Dani, squinting and letting himself sit back, remembered to keep that officer on his hit list. He looked over at the new arrival, at least two cells away from him, giving the man a creepy smile. He wasn?t looking, though. In a short time before anyone could dawn on their situation any longer, the officer called for lights out, and they indeed went out.

Dani, once again, lay himself quietly on the floor. He closed his eyes so tightly, trying to calm himself down from his experience with Juliet. He needed to sleep, needed to be strong. He needed to win one over with all these guys, so they wouldn?t push him around. Dani would never in his life be the subject to bullying ever again. He felt his arm go limp in the arm and fall slowly on his stomach, his breathing became normally as he began to drift off into sleep. He doubted he?d ever get to sleep like this again?

[B]?Night, freak.?[/B]

Dani growled at the sound of Charles voice waking him up.

With the click, clank and sound of rusty doors being pushed aside came an excuse for Dani to open his eyes. No sleep for the wicked. He forced his body to turn over and looked at the open cell door in front of him, staring for a moment. He was free to go, apparently. Dani breathed in heavily and stood up, walking towards the cell door. Apparently, they were letting everyone out one by one, and Dani was first. He stood up, passed through the cell door and pasted the young officer once more, glancing at him only once. Dani moved to walk away but his arm was seized.

[B]?Remember, we don?t want you here again.?[/B]

Dani barely acknowledged this. He turned around with a heavy sigh and began to leave, walking down the corridor. He looked at each person as he left. Charles he gave a mocking smirk to, Brian he did the same? then he saw the girl again. Dani looked away from her suddenly, hoping that his powers would help him control his mind if he were strong enough. It worked, almost, so he focused his attention on the others, instead.

Beth looked pretty? well, strange. He noticed her hands, the way she had them, like they were the most dangerous thing in the world. Dani wondered about that. Her powers? Quite likely. Well, he didn?t doubt the fact that he would find out sooner or later.

There was nothing to say or do to the others, so instead he stopped at the newest arrival. The man looked at Dani, confused at first. Dani, looking back and noticing he was still being watched by a suspicious young officer, only leaned forward momentarily.

[B]?You are not off the hook.?[/B]

That was all Dani said to Victor before leaving for his far away home, to make a list of the people he had to watch out for.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Charles sat on the bench; he'd moved it as far from the cell with the girl - Cathrine? - as he could; she made him jittery. He latched his fingers around the bars as Dani was let out, glaring steadily at the gothic man. Dani smirked at him - Charles returned the expresson with a feral grin. [B][i]You're gonna die, freak.[/i][/B] He allowed his smirk to grow at the thought, until another, almost frightening thought occured to him.

[B][i]He can't hear me think, can he?[/i][/B] That was the one thing about the goth that set him on edge; back at the cafe, he'd shown Charles things Charles hadn't thought about in years - things, memories, acts that even [i]he[/i] was ashamed of, things even [i]he[/i] had tried to bury...he shoved the thought from his head, gloating at the fact that the burns from his hands were now visible.

That Juliet woman had said something about extrodinary. Were the others here...were they [i]all[/i] freaks like Dani? Like him? He was willing to bet Beth was ordinary - or maybe extrordinary, but in different ways...and that kid Dani had targeted...

The policeman came to his cell next, unlocking the door with an annoyed, hasseled, "I don't have time for this" expression.

[B]"Alright, you punk, time to stop wasting tax payer's money." [/B]Charles bit back his obnoxious reply, merely nodding and stepping out. [B]"We don't want to see you in here again."[/B] Charles extended his hand, smiling in what he hoped looked like apology. The cop looked wary, but shook his hand, eyes widening when Charle's gripped his hand and let go.

[B]"You won't, officer." [/B]He headed out the door, leaving the policeman frowning at his slightly-reddened hand. He paused at the outer office, peering out the door to make sure there were no signs of Dani, before he stepped fully out, heading for the bench across the street. He might as well wait for Beth...[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]Eddie couldn't sleep that night. He was scared of having another nightmare and accidentally stabbing his cell mate Dorian. The guards came in to release everyone. First, they let Dani go. [B]'Damn i hope he aint waiting outside. I really don't want to see this guy again.'[/B] Eddie thought to himself as he saw Dani walking out and makingeye contact with Charles. [B]'Thats another guy i hope i dont meet again.'[/B] he thought looking at charles. Next was was Charles and Brian since they were in the same cell. Then the guard came to Eddie's cell. Dorian still had his eyes shut but he was moving around. [B]'wonder why he has his eyes closed. It's not even that bright in here. It's actully pretty dark.'[/B] Eddie got up and left his cell. He looked around at who was left and hope he would never see them again.
[B]'Man yesterday was just a crappy day. First that numbnut that i almost hit. Then i come to find out it was my day off. Then that stupid fight i wasn't even involved with and having to go to jail just because i was in the area! Well today cant be anyworse.'[/B] Eddie and Dorian walked out and as soon as the light from the sun hit there faces, Dorian shielded his already closed eyes. [B]"Hey man you alright?" [/B] Eddie asked. [B]"No man its too freaking bright. Hey you guy still have my sunglasses?"[/B] Dorian asked the police. [B]"What sunglasses?"[/B] replied one of the officers that were wearing sunglasses that were probably his. [B]"Damn cops..." [/B] whispered Dorian. [B]"Hey why do you need sunglasses for... its not that bright."[/B] Eddie asked. [B]"ITS CAUSE.....i have some problems with my eyes....." [/B] Eddie felt like there was more to it but didnt want to get too deep. [B]'He might some weird power like Dani..'[/B] he thought.[B] "Listen i got a car. I can take you to a store to buy some new ones?"[/B] Eddie asked as he guided him outside. careful not to touch him to much for fear of stabbing him.
As they walked outside he saw Charles leaning against the wall. [B]'He's probably waiting for that one chick..'[/B] Eddie walk passed Charles and tried not to make eye contact. As he passed him he felt a cold chill go down his spine. He felt a strange aura coming from Charles. The heat that was burning inside him was coming on Eddie and with that Eddie was giving off a cold aura that Charles could feel. The two opposite aura colliding with each other. They both felt it and yet said nothing. They made eye contact for a second but it felt like an enternity to both of 'em. Eddie just kept on walking and hoping that it wasnt a bad sign for things to come. He decicded to think nothing of it and focused back on Dorian. [B]"So you want to me give you a ride or not?"[/B] Eddie asked Dorian again.
[CENTER]-----------[/CENTER]

OOC: sorry if i have some mispelled im using a public computer and dont have access to word and stuff..and i hope my story made sense with Charles and Eddies being opposites of each other.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]It was a familiar nightmare?black water you couldn?t see through rising up steadily. First it would only be at his ankles, not too bad at that stage as he could pretend it would stop right there. Next it rose to his knees, and that was a bit worse, but still livable; he tried the door a few times but it would remain locked. When it rose to his hips he felt his hands seize up by his sides, but he didn?t continue beating the door, and when the water finally rose to the level of his neck the dream would end.

Every time he dreamed it would happen the exact same way, so Moses when the dream began thought nothing of it other than how he would like to be rid of it for good. It was only when the dream began to change that he thought anything of it.

Shadows seemed to seep from the walls and slide over the still, almost glass like water like mist on a lake as it floated an inch or so about the depths. Soon, though, the shadows cleared once more and just as Moses though the dream might end, a head thrust up through the water and he fell back into the water, eyes wide and fearful as his head disappeared beneath the surface of the murky black.

A voice rang in his ears as he surfaced, choking for air desperately and shaking water out of his hair like a wet dog.

?Heh, lookie here?kid?s afraid of me even in his dreams?? Moses? eyes shut tight at the voice and he willingly plunged himself back beneath the dream water once more just to get rid of the ghoulish face before him.

The man from the jail had to torment him in his sleep, even? What would happen next, would the rude woman appear perhaps?

Moses hoped with all his heart that the man would not become a permanent fixture of this reoccurring dream ? the dream itself was bad enough without the all-consuming darkness and acerbic comments that dream-Dani seemed to bring with him.

When he was finally able to wake himself up Moses knew what he was going to do?go for a walk through the city ? hopefully a completely normal walk devoid of any?strangeness.[/COLOR]

-----------

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]OOC: After my post, if anyone wants to meet der Moses when he's on his walk it is fine. ^^ And if you don't, 'tis also fine![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Cathrine tried to pace around in her small cell, but finding it too small, she couldn't. Her anger and frusteration was building - just as she planned. If she could build up enough, she could melt the bars. But what will I do with the excess energy? She thought uneasily. She knew, with all that energy built up, she could end up hurting someone. Someone else in this pit that was like her, that understood her. She shook herself. She had to get out, sooner or later, cause she was wanted for assault on a Middleschooler, so she might not leave this prison alive if she waited. She then walked up to the bars, and focused all of her energy on her hands, as steaming hot water washed over the iron bars, making them almost glow with heat. She smiled. She was getting out of here, and she would e carefull, to not make her secape too high a price.

[SIZE=1]Beth had kept her closed fists tight by her side as she was let out of the cell, smiling at Eden and politely ignoring the outstretched hand as a goodbye. She quickly made her way over to one of the officers that had arrested her the night before, trying to catch his attention with a low whisper. Eventually he turned to her and smiled forgivingly.

[B]"Sorry we had to keep you ladies locked up with those punks, miss, but we couldn't take any chances."[/B]

[B]"I understand,"[/B] Beth breathed quickly, starting to look more than little worried, [B]"Did you by any chance pick up any gloves at the scene, yesterday? It's just that...I have OCD, and the thought of touching anything frightens me so badly."[/B]

She bit her bottom lip after the terrible lie, hating to have to fall back on that excuse when her own forgetfulness had put others in danger. She watched as the policeman seemed to search his memory before he shrugged.

[B]"I don't remember picking any up, but I could give you a pair if you like."[/B]

Beth breathed a sigh of relief and nodded, smiling weakly, [B]"That would be much appreciated."[/B]

Ten minutes later she was out of the station, flexing her fingers after keeping them tense for so long. She spotted Charles across the street on a bench and offered a parting wave as she crossed further up, thinking he wouldn't want anything to do with her after the unfortunate events that occurred yesterday. Drinking was a nasty habit, anyway.

[B]"Oh, hey, er...Beth?"[/B] she turned and smiled on auto, blushing a little as she saw Charles walking toward her, somehow managing to look both grumpy and shy at the same time. It was a strange combination, but somehow the blonde managed it, and Beth was caught between being amused and worried.[/SIZE]