OtakuBoards

Gifts and Curses

Vicky

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Charles had been stalking through the tunnels when he slammed into a different man - one he hadn't seen before that he could remember, somewhat older looking - knocking him to the floor. He growled in frustration. [i]More[/i] people. [B]"Who the hell are you? You're not Dani." [/B]

[B]"Of course I'm not." [/B]

Charles glared down at him, still almost snarling. This was getting frustrating. [B]"Have you seen him?"[/B] And it only got more frustrating.
[B]
"I don't know, what does he look like?"[/B]

Charles rubbed his eyes, sighing.[B]"He has long black hair, wears a lot of black, looks like some stereotypical goth." [i]Steroetypical soon-to-be-dead goth freak.[/i][/B]
[B]
"I think I might have seen someone like that in town." [/B]

[B]"Then what are you doing down here?" [/B] Charles got the very distinct impression the guy was lying, but he kept asking.
[B]
"I heard a commotion came down to see what it was and when I did i saw someone run, maybe the guy you're looking for." [/B]That seemed more likely, closer to the truth...but frustration got the better of him, he didn't [i]like[/i] jumping at shadows.

[B]"Where'd he go?"[/B]

The guy pointed.[B] "That way." [/B]

[B][i]Right...uhuh. Well, we'll see what's that way.[/i][/B] He grabbed the guy, jerking him down the hall after. If he was lying, well, Dani might know him. That might be useful.

The halls were still a maze. Charles went from hallway to hallway, trying to find any sign of the goth; the floor was dusty, andthere were no footprints in the dust. He straightened up from examining the floor to glare at his sorta-kinda-prisoner. [B]"No one's been down these halls in years, who d'ya think you're fooling?"[/B]

The man shrugged. [B]"You fell for it, so I guess I'm fooling you..." [/B] Charles didn't respond to that, dragging him back to the hall where he'd found him, paying attention to the dust this time. Footprints in the dust led up a hallway in the opposite direction. He glared at the other guy.

[B]"Fool me once, shame on you..." [i]But you're not gonna fool me twice.[/i][/B] He let go and stormed down that hall; if the guy wanted to follow, whatever. Charles was pretty sure he could take him, if it came down to fighting. He took the stairs two at a time, through darkness, through a door marked no entry...it had been left open. Boxes, boxes boxes...a generator...and no more dust. But there were ladders....

Charles picked a random ladder, and started climbing. At the very [i]least[/i] he wanted to know what he was supposed to be [i]doing[/i].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]Dani walked around the balcony, following the group. He saw them meet with someone, someone he immediately recongnised as Quan. Dani narrowed his eyes at Quan, acting so normal and easily fitting in. The group didn't even question him, Quan seemed to be giving an explanation of the different artifacts. Dani followed them around as well, wanting to listen.

[B]"We have records in stone and paper from all parts of the world and dating all the way back to Ancient Egypt. Some of the most important, forgotten people in the world today shared these Zodiac signs of powers. Although the calender does not reach back that far, Ascanius, sometimes known as Iulus or Julus, who was the son of two Gods in Greek and Roman mythology is shown as a Zodiac in this engraving."[/B]

Dani heard him say. He was curious now, having been interested in Rome from a very young age. He leaned against the barristers and listened in, closely, catching a knowing gaze from Quan that made Dani back away a little.

[B]"As the legend goes, Ascanius escaped from the Trojan war and was said to have helped with the founding of Rome. Cesar was a direct decendant of him, although not a Zodiac. As you can see here, many believed Ascanius was special because he was said to be the son of Gods. Further investigation shows the myths surrounding him indicate he was a Capricorn, with a vast intelligence beyond anything at the time."[/B]

He had paused, answering a question from of the group and seemed to be keeping his voice down now. Dani figured Quan wanted him to hear, showing Dani that he was important in some way. Dani just scoffed at that. Of course he was important, he figured the others were just as important, too. The past didn't matter, only what was going on now.

[B]"Perhaps all of the Zodiac are in some way connected to Gods,"[/B] Quan continued loudly, [B]"Brutus, the last decendant of Ascanius, was also a Zodiac. This way..."[/B] Quan trailed off, leading the group to another object. Dani narrowed his eyes.

It wasn't until Quan was completely out of sight that Dani heard the door he had came through to get to the balcony open. He turned his head around quickly, clutching his gun. He sure hoped he didn't use too many bullets.[/SIZE]

[B]"This way,"[/B] Quan called to the group of five, [B]"If you'll all follow me, I'll show you our artifacts from egyptian times"[/B]
Brian was following nonchalantly, still wondering about that 13 zodiac. He was in the back of the group, but Cat was wandering around back and forth and Brian was constantly losing track of her.
[B]"The earliest recording of zodiac records,"[/B] Quan interjected, [B]"Although it's quite possible that they existed long before had, occured in anient Egypt under the rulership of Hor-Aha. This is also one of the only record of a 14 zodiac that we can find..."[/B]
Brian let Quan trail off as he led the group deeper and deeper into the museum sort of place. He was stuck on a statue of Hor-Aha. It was found in Egypt and the dipiction said that it was a statue of Hor-Aha, but the next part is what really got Brian. It said that the other figure in the statue was Hor-Aha's twin. [I]So now there's 14 zodiac, I wonder what the other is?[/I] Brian stared at the two figures for the longest time. It seemed as though that they two brothers were fighting. The both held wepons and the look on their faces didn't remind Brian of a playful attitude. [I]Something must have gone wrong,[/I] He thought. And then his mind traveled to his brother. They had never been the closest twins. Brian was far more creative and his brother was, conversely, the athletic twin. They seemed like polar opposites. Regardless, Brian thought he could never attack his own brother like Hor-Aha seemed to be doing.
[B]"Are you alright, Brian?"[/B] a woman's voice interrupted his thinking. He was starteled at first, but then he turned and saw Eden's beautiful features. She placed her hand on his shoulder. It was soothing, but Brian couldn't let his defenses down for some stranger he'd only met two days ago. At a bar fight, none the less.
[B]"Yeah... I was just-- looking at this statue. It kinda reminds me of my family."[/B] he finished aplogetically, but not because of Eden. He had just thought of the plane he was on when his power ripped it apart.
Eden saw his mood, but she didn't know what to say. There wasn't really much anyone could say. They were complete strangers, despite their strange connection, and Eden couldn't begin to fathom how Brian felt. She probably had problems of her own, anyway. So she just said, [B]"Quan and the others are almost finished with the 'tour.' We should catch up to them."[/B]
Brian complied, and they walked solemnly down the hallway looking at artifacts and statues as they passed. Eden even stopped to look at a statue of a French woman who Brian could only think to be Joan of Arc. But in the statue, Joan of Arc was not only carrying a sword, but she also had wings, much like an angel.
[I]Isn't Virgo an angel zodiac?[/I] Brian thought. [I]I guess it's possible that Joan of Arc would be in a place like this. It still all sounds like bullshit, though.[/I]
The statue happened to be in a room full of biblical artifacts. And since she was saint to the Roman Catholics, it was logical. What didn't seem right, however, (in fact, it sounded blasphemous) was a picture of Jesus walking on water. Brian didn't even want to know what the caption below the picture said. The two hurried out of the room when they heard Quan's voice calling to them.
When the tour was finally over, Quan had asked for questions and Eden and he had arrived for the conclusion to Cat's qustion. ("If this is an academy, what's taught here?") He didn't care for Quan's answer anyway, he had a question of his own.
[B]"Well I thought there were only 12 zodiac, right?"[/B] he asked as he raised his hand slightly and walked to the front of the group. [B]"But earlier you said that Egypt worshiped 14, and in the main entrance hall, there was a statue of 13 zodiacs. So my question is, how many are there really, and what's so improtant about them?[/B]
His qustion was bold and the everyone in the room stared blankly at him. He wondered if he didn't come off rude. Anyhow, Quan answered.
[B]"To be honest, there's no telling how many zodiac there are. It's quite possible that Greek and Roman mythology only recognized 12 because they only knew of 12 people who exhibited extraordinary power without being a 'god'."[/B] he paused for a bit, as if carefully planning out the rest of his words. [B]"As for the thriteenth and fourteenth, there's no telling. Perhaps they really don't exist and there are only 12. The Egyptians worshiped people as individual gods. So it's possible that what the Romans called Gemini, represented two Egyptian gods. There's really no way to tell, because many artifacts were lost and the others' explination are lost in translation. Here at the academy, we dedicate ourselves to discovering the secret behind the zodiac, but it's not always easy so we have to go off the information we have at the present."[/B] Quan finished hoping his answer was satisfactory. Before he could ask for more questions, Brian interrupted.
[B]"Okay but what about that other one in the main entrance lobby? It had something to do with snakes. What was that one about."[/B]
Once agiain, Brian wondered if he came off rude, but he didn't really care at this point. Just when Quan looked like he was about to answer and narrowed his gaze and focused only on Brian. His eyes pierced Brian's soul and he felt as if he were empty. This man was no friend to the group of zodiac. The Quan answered, but surprising he sounded friendly, [B]"Unfortunately not much is known about that zodiac, but we are aware of its name: Ophiuchus"[/B] Then he turned to walk away. It seemed that the tour was over, and the group of five were left standing in a room just outised where they had started in the entrance lobby. Brian was still shocked by Quan's eyes. Whatever he was and whoever's side he was on. There was no way he could be ever be trusted.
Brian was ready to leave, but before he could even mention anything to the rest of the group, Cat had run off down the hallway after Quan. She was holding up the little piece of paper that the old man at the corner had given them and yelling something about what it meant, and why they were supposed to come here to the Harlem Academy. Brian took off after her, not trusting Quan alone with such a small and naive little girl. Before he knew it, the other three were chasing after Brian.
~~~~~~~
OOC: ah, blah. Sorry it's a pile of crap... I was being rushed, and Ihope everyone can actually understand it.

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Juliet watched Charles jump out of her still moving car and rolled her eyes as she parked the car. It was still a ways away from the Academy but close enough to get to?in case of anything. She walked towards the entrance, reaching out to open the doors when something within her alerted her. It wasn?t the alert that told her there were others like her around her but one that told her to be cautious. Before, Juliet would?ve never listened to her feelings, her intuition- whatever people called it nowadays- but for some time, it?s what kept her alive.

Breathing in deeply, Juliet opened the heavy door and slipped in. The moment she walked in, she became mesmerized by what was around her. For some time, works like that in the Harlem Academy amazed her and put her in wonder and awe. However, this was nothing compared to what she had seen in other museums. These were works created by gods.

Listening carefully for footsteps or voices, Juliet walked around in wary but looked around wide-eyed. The Academy was filled with amazing pieces of art, things she had never seen. Finally she set her eyes on one piece that grasped at her soul. Yet, she couldn?t stand and gape for long since someone had spotted her.

[B]?Hey look! It?s that girl from the jail. The one who went up to that scary goth guy!?[/B] Juliet turned to see who had spoken and found a young girl pointing at her. Groans and mutters were heard after the little girl had exclaimed that. Juliet looked towards the group and saw Quan. Finally she had seen his face- cold, bitter, and frightening yet not without its near flawless beauty.

Quan walked up to Juliet with the group following behind. [B]?I see you?ve found our most interesting piece yet.?[/B] Juliet said nothing, yet the young girl did.

[B]?Hey! Weren?t you the girl who made that guy get all scared in the jail? Why were you there? You weren?t in the fight, were you? How?d you end up here? Do you have powers too? What kind of powers do you have? What?s your??[/B]

Fed up with this young girl?s questions, Juliet cut her off by saying, [B]?Kid, keep asking questions and I?ll rip that tongue out of your mouth.?[/B] It was harsh and awful to say to a child but she had no patience for kids of any age. At least it helped to quiet her down, even if it did scare her.

The group was now in an awkward silence, one that Juliet despised. She looked around and saw Dani walking around on the catwalk but diverted her eyes to look at the murals hanging above. She then proceeded to asking, [B]?What sorts of feats were you promising in that ad, Mr.???

?Therius Quan. I prefer if you call me Quan, though. As for the feats, that?ll be shown at the end of the tour.?[/B]

When Quan looked at Juliet with his icy eyes and spoke to her with his suave voice, she knew it was the hooded man from before. She scoffed at the thought of this but suddenly realized something was off. Why was Quan here when he had told her to keep an eye on Dani and Charles himself? He was hiding something up his sleeves and it involved her, Charles, Dani, and the others. Albeit, Juliet hated being kept in the dark even if it meant her demise?or others?. When it came to Quan, all was a mystery even his plans, therefore whatever he was planning would have to be seen at the end of the ?tour.?[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Charles shook the balcony door; despite the fact that it looked as if it had been opened recently, it was sticking. He cursed at the noise, finally getting it to bang open.

[B][i]Yeah, like that'll go unnoticed...[/i][/B] He stepped out onto the balcony, noting that the metal creaked, and stayed away from the edge, hugging the wall. Voices floated up from below; [i]he[/i] was here.

[B]"Huh...wonder why he didn't [i]say[/i] he'd be here...weird," [/B]He muttered out loud, padding around the balcony - and running almost right into Dani. Who had a gun.

Fistfights were one thing, knife fights another...but [i]guns[/i]...there was no way to dodge those. Charles pulled to a stop, tempted to take a step back. [B]"Dani. Why are we here? What's he want us to do, huh?" [i]And why do you need a gun to do it?[/i][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Dani didn?t take his eyes off Charles, didn?t take a moment to even consider it. He knew he had the real advantage here, what was flame-boy going to do against a gun? Though it seemed now Dani was at a great advantage he couldn?t think of any snide comments or insults. He didn?t want to. No powers, no side effects. He was beginning to love his gun.

[B]?Dani. Why are we here? What's he want us to do, huh?"[/B]

Dani tilted his head to the side slightly and narrowed his eyes. Why didn?t Charlie-boy give him a nasty little comment? Dani just shrugged it off. Both he and Charles knew that a gun was faster than any man.

[B]?Ain?t really your business.?[/B] Dani sneered.

[B]?You?re not goin? to kill someone with that, are you??[/B]

Dani narrowed his eyes again and felt his mouth twitch. He moved to the side, watched Charles carefully, watching him following Dani in the opposite direction like two dogs circling each other, excluding the fact Dani had a gun pointed at Charles? head.

[B]?I might kill you. I fuckin? can, you know. An? I don?t care anymore.?[/B] Dani began to chuckle. [B]?So where?s your street punk experience now? I said I?d never kill anyone. I can get as low as I want but I ain?t never gettin? that low. Maybe that?s where I went wrong, only cowards are ?fraid of death.?[/B]

Charles looked a little confused, or perhaps he was listening. Dani couldn?t tell, he felt his eyes drifting downwards to the ground and off Charles.

[B]?What?d you say if I killed you??[/B]

Charles smirked slightly at Dani?s swaying concentration. [B]?Not much, I?d be dead.?[/B]

[i]That?s right. You?d never speak to me again.[/I] Dani thought, letting his eyes drop completely from Charles. Now he was just staring at the gun. Didn?t even need powers to cause agony, that never occurred to him. He could cause people his own pain without showing them what it was like, shoot them a few times in the kneecaps? that would do it.

Charles suddenly lunged forward thinking Dani was completely lost in thinking about something else. Dani, however, could still see the floor, hence he saw Charles? legs. When he immediately noticed movement he snapped the gun and his head up, stopping Charles dead in his tracks with the gun closer than ever.

[B]?See you on the darkside.?[/B]

[I]BANG.[/I]

Dani pulled the trigger without another thought, powerful enough to send Charles back, wounded, over the balcony and cause the others down below to look up in wonderment. Charles? blood splattered out all over Dani?s already burned hand and he dropped the gun with a snarl, tempted to scream and run away before he was caught. Instead, he stood there and watched. He wanted to see if Charles was dead? or if he ws afraid of dying.[/SIZE]

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]After Zane?s moment of being a loner through the academy had finally ended, he brought it upon himself to try and mingle around with the others around him, it would be essential for him to do so eventually anyways since he had to know more about the people who had similar properties to himself. So after a little while of moving around trying to find the others, he did so and began to trail shadily behind him, taking in their comments and words and offering none of his own in an exchange.

As their ?tour? continued through the many other places through the academy, he had eventually come upon a zodiac that had managed to catch his attention. [I]Aquarius? The water carrier eh?[/I] He muttered to himself looking at the statue in front of him. Yet, he had to try and not look interested in it, if so he could have been noticed from the others, which was something he was not yet ready for. After reading the small mass of word, he continued on, watching the others in front of him closely.

Time slowly began to pass as the ringleader led his herd of sheep around. Zane was slowly becoming frustrated with one fact from the zodiac that happened to catch his greatest attention; it was almost as if it was speaking to him. Of course this must have been absurd right? Throwing his caution to the wind, he raised his hand and began to speak.

[B]?Um excuse me, I was wondering exactly wha-??[/B]

BANG

A gunshot ran through the Academy, its sound ringing in the ears of all those around. While most people?s instinct would be to duck or move from their current local. The only thing that Zane did was?well he didn?t do anything really. He just stood there in the same place as before, acting as if nothing had happened.

[B]?Oh? Seems like there was a sudden gunfire somewhere, I wonder were, and who or what was on the unlucky end of it??? [/B] Zane still had the same monotonic voice as he did before. Almost as if he didn?t even notice or care about the gunfire.

[B]?Should we dare to found out? Mistah Quan??[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Moses stared silently at the window, tracing his fingers across the fog and leaving patterns behind as he drew. He didn't know how to talk to Beth, but for come reason that thought didn't make him uncomforatble as he peered out through the lines he was leaving to watch the scenery passing by. It was a comfortable silence...

...for him, anyhow. He glanced over silently at Beth after about fifteen minutes, trying to gauge her mood; trying to gauge whether the silence that seemed to be filling the cab was bothering her.

She was sitting there calmly, quietly, seemingly occupied with her own thoughts. This was a welcome change from other people who always had to be filling the empty gaps...the silences, with conversation and words.

Huh...a lot of the time it was him filling up empty silences with words. This...this was a change. And one he liked, he thought, as he turned back to the window and cleared it off with his sweatshirt sleeve giving him an unobstructed view of a building as the cab pulled up in front of it and groaned to a halt.

It would look like they had arrived. Nice.

OOC: I'd get them in, but...my brain just went "SLEEP MONKEY-CHILD, SLEEP."

[size=1][color=gray]This 'Quan' knew too much, implied to much. He was here, there were only 2 explainations he was 'gifted', or he was entirely something else.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][/color][/size]
[b][size=1][color=gray]BANG.[/color][/size][/b]
[size=1][color=gray]At the sound of the gun shot Eden huddled up against Dorian's chest. Instinctivly he held her close lifting his head to survey the area glancing up just in time to see Charles fall and Dani scream when the blood splattered back on his hand. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"Ha he's the last person I'd thought would have a fear of blood."[/b] Dorian mumbled causing Eden to look up blush and step back.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"Sorry."[/b] She said, cheeks still flushed, as a man directed a question at Quan[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Dorain laughed on the inside, she was too cute. [b]"Don't mention it, you ok?"[/b] He asked giving a comforting smile to her, that did nothing to cease the blush.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"Ya I'm fine, thanks."[/b] Eden replied quietly, recieving a nod from Dorian before he turned to look back up at the balcony.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Dani sat there looking down at where Charles fell, holding one of his hands like it was injured. Thats when Dorain noticed the balcony, places where the punks blood had landed were melting. [i]"So you're not afraid of blood, his just burns and I thought you were the hot tempered one."[/i] Looking at the area where Charles had fallen smoke slowly began to rise, swirling in the air, climbing higher, growing darker at the base as flames began to became visable.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Eddie mumbled something again in spanish, probably cussing, before turning to thier part of the group. [b]"I say we get out of here, I don't got no desire to sit in jail again."[/b][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"Definately."[/b] Brian said turning to walk towards the door when it opened, permitting two more people, people that were also at the jail that night.[b] "We'll it's an official reunion now, but I think we've out stayed our welcome."[/b] Dorain sarcasticly spat, turning to walk towards the exit, thought he felt a tug on his arm.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"Wait, we can't leave this place burning, we have to do something, all the history that's here, we have to save it some how, we need to learn from it, there are too many answers here."[/b] Eden spoke strongly, determination in her eyes, stopping the group from leaving.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Brian turned back around[b] "I'm not going to wait to go back to jail, that's insane, my powers can't help anyways."[/b][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"I can give us a little cover of darkness to make our escape should we have to run, I'll have to guide everyone, but we should get out ok"[/b] Dorian folded his arms looking at Eden,[i] "So you do have some fire in you."[/i][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Eddie cussed in spanish again "[b]Fine, me and this one we'll go see what we can do." [/b]He said grabbing Cat's arm and heading towards Charles, the source of the flames.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]OOC: I don't know if you had anything planned as far as the set up Ozy, but I think I loaded the bases for you, so just knock it home. Or if there's something you'd like me to change let me know.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Pain. Loud, garish, bloody-awful [i]pain[/i]. It tore through his shoulder like a hundred knife-blades, propelling him backwards and for a long, heart-stopping second he was falling, too dazed and stunned to even try to reach for the balcony rail. His feet tangled, and impact hurt almost as bad as the original shot, as he landed facedown on the floor, blood leaking from his shoulder to pool on the polished linoleum. After the echo of the gunshot, all he could hear was his own heartbeat as dead silence fell in his mind. He groaned, amazed he could still move...he pushed himself up, slightly, head pounding and the room swaying in front of his eyes.

[B][i]He...shot me. That goth freak actually effin' SHOT ME.[/i] [/B]That thought wouldn't stop running through his head, dazed as he was. He hadn't thought he'd had the guts to do it. He'd apparently thought wrong. He managed to make it to his knees, shaking his head, trying to clear the haze. Every part of his body hurt...

He was now in the room beneath the balcony. One shaking, bloody hand reached to clamp on to the nearest display, trying to use it to pull himself to his feet. It hurt, and the wood began to darken where his blood touched it, scorching slightly, but he managed to stagger upright, free hand clamped over his shoulder to try and stem the blood flow. His feet skidded in the puddle, and he winced again. Even the linoleum was starting to scorch...

He managed to lift his head, blinking his eyes to clear the smoke that was rising from the puddle; just able to see the girl from the jail and that Eddie guy - also from the jail, what was this some kinda reunion...? - coming towards him. He stayed still, trying to ignore the shaking in his knees, and the sick, throbbing pain in his shoulder. He managed to look over their shoulders at Quan. Quan raised his eyebrows, ever so slightly, and nodded at the girl, subtly, slightly...barely noticeable. Charles growled, looking back at Eddie. [B]"What do [i]you[/i] want? Huh?"[/B]

Eddie gestured at his feet, and the tiny flames starting to spread. [B]"We were comin' to check on that, and maybe on you, but if that's your attitude..." [/B]The girl just tilted her head, almost quivering, like she was about to launch into a myriad of question, but Eddie held her back. Charles just growled. She was just a [i]kid[/i]. He was supposed to kill [i]her[/i]? He took a step forward, shaking his head. The pain was making him think strange, that was it...

His foot slid again; this time he hit the floor, but managed to stay on one knee.
[B]
"I don't need your help."[/B] He swore, under his breath. [B]"Just..."[/B] He blinked as he couldn't seem to stand back up. [B]"...nevermind."[/B] His hand shot out, clamped down on Eddie's arm and he levered himself to his feet - just in time to feel something drive through his hand, something sharp and cold that definately hadn't been there only moments before. Both men swore, Eddie from the blood that hit him when his ice-spike-whatevers pierced Charles' hand, Charles from the spikes themselves.
[B]
[i]...I just can't win today....[/i] [/B]He clenched his fist, chest rising and falling erratically, breathing ragged.

[B]"Y'know wha'?"[/B] Words were slurring, blurring like the corners of his vision. [B]"I don' care no more, al'ight? I'm...I'm jus' gonna go...can't..."[/B] He turned on his heel, beginning to limp towards the door. [B][i]Sick of Quan, sick of Dani, sick of all this crap...[/i] [/B]

[B]"Hey, Mister, wait!" [/B]The voice was young, and the hand that closed around his wrist was small. [B][i]That girl...[/i] "You're hurt, don't you think you should go to a hospital or something? Huh? Come on, they'll get the bullet out and take care of you and..." [/B]

Charles' shoulders tensed, hands still clenched. The girl was still talking, but he couldn't hear over the roaring in his ears. [B][i]You think it's that easy, do you, kid?[/i] [/B]The pain was edged with anger now. [B][i]You think a freak like me can just walk into some hospital and not wind up a freakin' bloody expiriment...[/i]

"...Cat, don't..." [/B]

And Charles snapped, spinning and shoving the girl back into Eddie's chest - [i]hard[/i]. Eddie's arms seemed to close, reflexively, for just a second...but that was, really, all it took.

Charles didn't wait around to see the end result, stumbling for the door, trying to figure out whether he was happy about the sounds behind him, or scared. He staggered down the nearest alley, collapsing next to a dumpster and a fire escape, and burying his face in his hands.
[B]
[i]This better be worth it...[/i][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]He had the best seats in the house, watching safely above at the scene below. The fire was most interesting but his eyes were drawn away from a brief moment when he saw Charles pushing the little girl back, right back into Eddie?s arms in which ice spikes seemed to emerge. At that point, Dani closed his eyes and turned away. Killing a child was too much.

Dani drew his eyes away from the flames and wrapped his hand, along with the gun, under his t-shirt. The balcony was seemingly melting beneath his very feet so he decided not to stay. He looked down at them all for one last time, noticing Quan, stood there like nothing was happening and walking past everyone unnoticed. The pompous fuckin? bastard.

Dani launched himself away from the balcony and back through the door. When he reached the ladder he found it hard to get down it with one hand, instantly trying to steady himself. Unfortunately, he gathered by now, his balance was shit and he lost his footing, falling from the ladder and onto the ground below with a loud thud and crack.

He rolled onto his side and swear in a whisper at the pain in his hand. It was going to be scarred for life yet all he wanted was for the pain to go away. He couldn?t keep it protected under his shirt anymore so he decided to remove his t-shirt fully and wrap it around his burnt hand, his gun submerged beneath his shirt as well. Slowly and painfully he rose, heading back for the maze below.

When he began to walk through the maze he noticed there was smoke there, which, if he was correct, there shouldn?t have been. He coughed on it and charged through with his head down, just wanting to get out as fast as he could. Fast as he ?

[B]?Put a shirt on.?[/B]

That arrogant, clean voice was really getting annoying. Dani?s head snapped up to see Quan, stood their with his hands behind his back directly below the trap door, which was broken and letting smoke down into the maze. Dani coughed heavily, unable to get his words out.

[B]?So where are you going? I said make sure she?s dead.?[/B]

[B]?Get out of my way, Quan.?[/B] Dani sneered. He unwrapped his hand and gun, clenching the weapon with an unsteady, burnt arm and aiming it at Quan?s head. [B]?Get out of my way or I swear to any Gods that exist I?ll shoot you down.?[/B]

Quan rolled his eyes. [B]?Please.?[/B] He looked up at the trap door above, smirking. [B]?There isn?t much time. They?ll find the trap door and they?ll get you, Daniel. Stop threatening me with toys and do your job.?[/B]

[B]?I did my job!?[/B] Dani sneered through clenched teeth.

[B]?Badly.?[/B] Quan walked forward, wafting one hand. The smoke acted like it obeyed Quan, moving away like it was nothing from his moving hand, creating a path for Quan to walk without choking, squinting or gaining blurry vision. Dani backed away.

[B]?Move.?[/B] He warned.

Quan smirked and moved closer.

[B]?I said move!?[/B]

Quan was laughing now, a laughing that Dani didn?t like. He really didn?t like it. He didn?t like anything, the smoke, the dying, the pain, the burning? he just wanted it to stop. Full stop. It?d stop with Quan. He pulled the trigger, unsure if his hand would be able to support his shot.

?nothing.

Nothing happened. There was a click, a echoing of a gun with no ammunition. Dani?s eyes widened in disbelief, he stared at the gun in his bloodied hand, remembering who had given it him in the first place. Bastard. Quan had only given him one shot. When Dani looked at Quan he saw a laugh on his face, daunting, a sound Dani wasn?t going to forget. The man stepped aside, still laughing, and allowed Dani to pass him.

[B]?Don?t forget this, Daniel. Don?t forget this is just the beginning.?[/B]

Dani shook his head, no words could escape his mouth as he ran down through the maze not even stopping to choke on the vicious air.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]By now the entire place was about to burn up in flames. She heard yelling, thuds, and all sorts of noise but couldn?t see a single thing through the damned smoke. Either way, Juliet wasn?t willing to stick around and find out what happened but then she had a sudden urge to go down the path and found Eddie and a very dead Cat. She took a step forward to ask Eddie what had happened but decided against it and turned the other way.

[i][B]Looks like Charles made Eddie do the dirty deed.[/B][/i] With the thought still lurking in her mind, a smile crept on her face. It was wrong to know that a child had been killed but at least Quan would be out of their hairs for a while?especially hers. She didn?t want to baby-sit either Charles or Dani?or so she thought until Quan appeared before her.

[B]?Ms. Han,?[/B] Without a single thought, Juliet?s eyes glowed a white-gold. Quan held his hand up in defense and asked, [B]?weren?t you supposed to look after Charles and Daniel? They almost killed each other and now this place is going up in flames.?[/B]

That damned slick voice of his irritated Juliet to the point where she wanted to kill someone. She held her tongue and replied with, [B]?It?s not my fault you can?t keep track of your own subordinates.?[/B] Quan straightened up at the sound of this. [B]?You put them up to this job, not me. My job was to watch them and that didn?t include baby-sitting. If those two wanted to kill each other, my job was to look over them not after, therefore I?m at no fault if they almost did.?[/B]

Quan caught her by the arm as she walked past him. [B]?You may be correct on many accounts but make no mistake, my dear, if you want freedom, you?ll need those two.?[/B]

His grip loosened on her arm and she left there with only that thought. She repeated it over and over, [i][B]If you want freedom, you?ll need those two.[/B][/i] Juliet didn?t know whether to turn around and find him or stand there dazed; albeit, instinctively, the serpents began to wrap themselves around her, creating a protective suit against the smoke and fire. It allowed her to breathe normally and not choke on the black air. She shook her head and walked on. She didn?t need another bastard giving her false hopes. The government was paying one to do that already.

Juliet walked through the labyrinth of hallways but only managed to find herself at the Capricorn exhibits. She growled and swore under her breath, knowing she was lost. If there was on thing Juliet hated most it was being lost and to add to that hatred, she was [i]lost[/i] in a burning building. Exhaling sharply, she kept walking on down towards the hallway only to meet up with a hazy figure, one that walked towards her as she stopped.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia][B]"...Cat, Don't..."[/B]

Eddie tried to stop cat from getting too close to charles cause he knew that he had no good intentions but... it was too late. Charles swung his arms around and pushed cat into Eddie. In that split second Eddie's heart stopped. The world around him had completely froze. He close his arms instinctily for what felt like centuries and he cold not stop himself. Eddie caught Cat in his arms. Her light body floating into his arms. He prayed to God hoping that his spikes would not come out. A prayer that went unanswered.

They reacted like they normally would. They impaled her petit body with ease. Blood flew out in almost every direction. Spraying the hall and Eddie like a geyser. There were no sounds, there were no screams. Her body went limp and Eddie fell to the floor still holding her. not wanting to move and make more come out. His body was ice cold but he felt her warm blood flowing down his body. Tears started to form in his eyes. His nightmare had come true. He had killed a child thanks to the power of his curse.

[B]"Why?" [/B] Eddie asked clutching Cat the ice had gone back into his body no longer piercing Cat which made more blood come out.

[SIZE=4][B]"Porque me distes este pinche poder? porque me hicistes matar a una nina? porque hijueputa. PORQUE?! "(why did you give me this power? why did you make me kill this chid. why you son of a bitch? WHY?!![/B][/SIZE] Eddie yelled at the top of lungs.

Yelling at the man who gave him this fate. Yelling at god for not stoping this and answering his prayers. The fire started to rise and set off the fire alarm. The sprinkler system was also activated by fire and water rained down on both of them. He tears blended with the water and Eddie's vision was blurred out. Eddie couldnt tell if it was blood or water landing on him. He couldn't make sense of what had happened. He looked around to see who was around. charles was long gone and he saw that same chick he saw in the bar yesterday.

The fire still raged around Eddie and Cat body. The wated did nothing to stop the flames. Eddie couldnt think, couldnt see, couldn't hear. He didn't even notice Dorian calling out his name. All he could think of was [B]Charles[/B].

--------

OOC: oh yeah i deserve an award for that one.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

When the gunshot was fired, Brian had dropped to the ground. His brain didn't even register what he had heard. It was just something he needed to duck from. While he was on the floor, out of the way, he had a chance to observe things from a different perspective. Cat and Eddie were on the floor as well and Dorian and Eden were sort of hunched over in each others arms. As Brian watched Charles fall from the balcony, almost in slow motion, he realized that these new characters weren't even scared. They showed no sign of remorse at all.
There was a young man who looked no older than Brian, that odd woman from the Jail who smacked Dani around, and the tour guide Quan. All of them were just standing up watching Charles fall to the ground. Some of them even looked amused. Brian was positive from that point, that he wouldn't trust any of them. (plus Charles, if he lived, and Dani)
[I]How can they be so calm in a situation like this,[/I] he thought. Of course, he didn't even have time to ponder his question because almost immediately, the beams that held up the balcony burst into flame. [I]Now how does that work?[/I] Brian asked himself, but once again he couldn't set around and ponder these questions. Things were moving too quickly and his brian wouldn't settle on just one thing. He kept thinking back to Charles's falling body, which was now lying motionless on the ground. [I]Is he dead?[/I] And then he switched to Quan and the other two who looked so non-chalant about the whole thing. [I]Were they in on it? Did they plan to kill Charles?[/I] But that's when he realized that one piece of the puzzle was missing.
Who was the killer? That's when Brian's eyes darted up to the balcony, to see Dani setting on the railing, looking down with half fear, half hatred to the bloody figure below. [I]Did he actually do it? Is he amused? What the hell have I gotten myself into?[/I] Brian screamed inside his head, thinking back to all the events that led up to his being here now. [I]If only I hadn't left the cafe to help that innocent looking person,[/I] he thought.
Then Dani glanced at the crowd and his piercing dark eyes landed right in Brian's. For a split second, Brian was filled with fear that he or one of his group members might die here. He got the impression that Dani was satisfied with the shooting of Charles, but that there was also something else he had to do.
But time was still speeding by, and before Brian had a chance to even think about what they were going to do next, Dorian was taking the lead.
[B]"I say we get out of here, I don't got no desire to sit in jail again."[/B] he said loudly over the alarms. The smoke from the strange outburst of fire was increasing rapidly and the smoke detectors has already gone off.
Brian agreed and helping cat to her feet, the group of five quickly walked out into the courtyard just outside.
Once outside, they all took in a deep breath of fresh air, when suddenly, Eden spoke up, [B]"Wait, we can't leave this place burning, we have to do something, all the history that's here, we have to save it some how, we need to learn from it, there are too many answers here."[/B]
Thinking back to the jail and how if he'd never ended up there in the first place that he'd never have med Charles or Dani or any of these freaks, he blurted out, almost offensively, [B]"I'm not going to wait to go back to jail, that's insane, my powers can't help anyways."[/B]
And that's when everyone decided (except it seemd that Brian and Cat was excluded from the vote) that they would head back to try and help Charles, [I]Isn't he our enemy[/I] and to try and put out the fire. And out of nowhere, Cat was pulled out of Brian's arms, although not completely against her will, and she was taken back into the flames with Dorian and Eddie.
Eden and Brian were forced to step back a little, and currently they were watching the fire from a safe distance across the street. Eden was setting on a bench with her face in her hands, not saying a word, but she was constantly massaging her temples. Brian was pacing back and forth, nervously, hoping that the three of his friends, [I]Are they my friends now?[/I] made it out okay. He tried to stay calm, but the fact that bystanders had quickly congregated outsided the adademy didn't make him feel any more at ease. What was worse, his head was killing him! He knew that if he didn't use his powers soon, he might just explode like he did on the plane. He pulled out a painkiller from his pocket and swallowed it. It wouldn't work, but the incentive was nice.
Suddenly, he saw Charles exit the building, smoke billowing out of the door frame as it opened. But there wasn't anyone behind him. What had happened? Where was Dorian, Eddie, and Cat? And more importantly, Where was Dani?
Brian continued his pacing back an forth when Eden screamed, [B]"Can't you do anything? Why are you just pacing around? There must be something you can do?[/B] She had tears in her eyes. Perhaps for seeing a man get shot. She probalby didn't notice Charles leave the Academy.
[B]"I'm pacing becaue I'm nervous, and are you sure you can't do anything?"[/B] Brian spat back in anger. He wasn't helping the problem, but he already told Eden that he couldn't help. He got irritated when he was nervous.
[B]"I'm sure,"[/B] Eden yelled, standing up to look directly into his eyes, [B]"But I've already told you my power. You're the only mysterious one. You won't tell us anything![/B]
[B]"That's because it's--"[/B] Brian stopped in mid-sentence. He was going to finish with a few choice words about freaks and how it's none of their business. But he decided to stop. It wasn't because he cared about Eden's feelings right now. It was more that he came to a realization about his power.
[B]"It's what?"[/B] Eden protested.
[B]"Wait,"[/B] Brian replied, suddnely calm, holding a finger up to signal her silence, [B]"I think I can do something."[/B]
[B]"Well what are you waiting for?"[/B] She asked as if saying it should be so easy. In fact, Brian had never even attempted to see what his powers could do. He never wanted the headaches to get worse. But now, with the weight of what felt like 1,000 pounds on his shoulder, he had no other choice.
He only said, [B]"I hope they can hold their breaths."[/B]
What occured in Brian's mind was that he could suck the air out of the building and suffocate the fire. Of course his brain and body didn't communicate very well when it came to using his powers and it proved to be a far more difficult tecnique than even what he origianally thought.
First he created an outer shell around the building out of pure air. No more oxygen could pass through it. And then he started sucking the oxygen out of the shell. But then he noticed that the building itself started to dent in.
[I]That's a new one,[/I] Brian thought, [I]I can create pressure in the prescense of fire.[/I]
Of course he had to back off from using is so much, fearing that the pressure would be too much for everyone inisde. He had to slowly release the pressure by letting small amounts of air back inside. it wsn't enought to keep a person alive or keep a fire going, but it was enought to keep from crushing everyone's frail bodies.
At first, his head ache faded completely, but it was now increasing steadily again, the pain almost unbearable.
As the smoke stopped in the air just above the academy, unable to escape Brian's shell, it became obvious to Eden what Brian was trying to do. She looked to him in exctiement and gratefullness, when she noticed he looked like he was in great pain. His nose was bleeding, and his eyes looked like they had rolled into the back of his head.
[B]"Brian, stop it! You're hurting yourself!"[/B] She screamed, but Brian couldn't stop. He didn't want to, but even if he did, he was so concentrated on he was doing at the moment that he didn't even hear Eden.
People started to notice the smoke lingering at the top of the academy, trapped in Brian's invisible lining. Not quick enough though. If they'd turned around only seconds earlier, they would have seen his outstretched arm and the way his face was contorted in pain. But that was all gone now; Brian had blacked out, and he didn't know what was going on anymore. Eden layed him down on the bench she was sitting on earlier, and she was about to try and wake him up when she was blown backward into the street.
It seemed as though he had a self-defense mechanism while he ws asleep: Anyone who got too close, got a blast of air.
The smoke continued upward now that Brian's shell was gone and only small amounts of fire still remained inside the academy. They could easily be put out by Cat's water powers or even be stomped out if needed. But Eden and Brian didn't know that Cat had already died.

[SIZE=1][I]OOC: I originally planned to have Dani run into someone, like in Reve's post, but I've decided to try and move things along. Tomorrow begins the next chapter... and after that chapter they'll be some insanely fun changes >=)[/I]

------

He had walked home with his head down and didn't take a glance back at the burning building. He forgot that he was walking the streets without a shirt on, holding a gun in his burning hand. He would cough sometimes from the smoke that had gotten into his lungs, snarling at the horrible taste he had in his mouth from it. But he still didn't stop. He just kept going until he got home.

Dani slammed his back against the front door when he was inside his house, thankful for the coldness of his home in winter. He slid down and sat in front of the door, jaw clenched shut tightly and trying not to acknowledge the pain. He dropped his shirt and gun on the floor, not really caring where he left them and got up.

He filled up the sink in his kitchen with water from the fridge since none would come out of the tap. He filled the sink with ice cubes, as well, and put his burnt hand in there as quickly as he could. He closed his eyes at the mixture of relief and pain, tilting his head back.

[B][I]Hey, you're a murderer now. That's a nice step forward.[/I][/B]

His eyes shot open and he shook his head violently, clearing the image of the burning building from his head and other burning images. Fire. He suddenly wanted his lighter right now, he needed it, but Charles had burnt his jacket.

[B][I]You shot Charles and you helped kill a child. What's next?[/I][/B]

Dani didn't know. How should he know? Didn't know anything at all. Didn't know what Quan had planned for him, didn't know if he would keep his promise. Well, Dani had done a dark deed and he couldn't reverse that.

He took his hand out of the sink and wiped it, swallowing down his disgust at the burn running up to his elbow. He didn't want to look at that. He wrapped a towel around his hand and walked into his front room, lifting up papers and clothing to find something to hide his burn. He grew tired of the mess in his house and tiped everything up. Anything he could find was instantly on the floor and he didn't care.

After a good hour of destroying almost everything in his home Dani found something he was given as a Christmas present from an old friend of his, Dave, back when he was in a band. Dani released it was almost Christmas and almost a year since he last spoke to Dave. He looked at his old present, a thick black glove that would cover most of his burn, even with thick, dangerous spikes stunned in the knuckles and around the wrist. He put it on, it covered most of his burn and he was satisifed.

Dani would spend the next hour tidying his entire house for no odd reason than to forget about what had happened, what he had done. For the first time in years Dani has sucessfully cleaned up his house, or as clean as it could be. When he sat down on a, for once, clear couch he wondered what to do with himself now. On the table before him were several items he hadn't seen for awhile, such as an old wallet, old concert tickets and even a mobile phone. When he thought about his new burnt hand and the phone, he picked it up.

[B]"Hey Dave,"[/B] he said with a chuckle after dialing the number. [B]"It's been awhile."[/B][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Charles didn't know how long he huddled there, next to the wall, but before [i]too[/i] long he was numb - except for his shoulder. His shoulder was [i]burning[/i] worse than fire ever had. And, to top it off, it was drizzling. Again. The cold mist hissed when it hit his skin. It was so cold [i]it[/i] almost burned. And Charles couldn't make himself mind.

Footsteps sounded; feet splashing through a puddle. Charles didn't look up, staring at his own boots in sullen silence, staring at the blood that had dripped clear down to his knee and was now eating its way through his pants.

[B]"Look at you."[/B] The voice was derisive. Charles lifted his head to look at Quan, standing there, suit and hair as neat and clean as ever. [b]"Bleeding all over the street like some two bit punk..."[/b] He kicked Charles' boot, Charles drew his foot back, glowering with all the ferocity he could muster.
[B]
"'s your fault..."[/B]
[B]
"My fault?" [/B]Quan looked shocked. [B]"How is this my fault? You're the one who got shot...and that was sloppy."[/B]
[B]
"...sloppy?"

"With the girl. Next time pick something less...melodramatic and messy."

[i]Next time...[/i][/B]

Charles wasn't sure there was [i]going[/i] to be a next time, but he didn't say that. He just shrugged, biting back a whimper when his shoulder moved. Quan continued talking as if nothing had happened.
[B]
"And now you're getting blood all over the place." [/B]Fingers prodded a dry spot on his shoulder. [B]"Hmm. Looks like the bullet melted..."[/B]

[B]"Tha' bad?" [/B]Strong hands latched onto his arm, hauled him upright with ease.
[B]
"No, that's good, it means we can patch you up without having to ambush a doctor or something equally silly."[/B] Quan led Charles off, deeper into the city, scolding and insulting the whole way.

Charles just followed in a daze, to some small apartment. Quan hurried to unlock the door, pulling Charles inside before he could take a look at the neighborhood; likewise, the lights in the apartment were low: he couldn't see a thing. Quan steered him to a couch, throwing a strange, metallic looking blanket over the cloth surface.
[B]
"Fire resistant. Hopefully that'll keep you from burning down my house..."[/B] Charles didn't answer, eyes drifting closed.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Brian woke up around midnight. There were red lights everywhere from the fire trucks. He guessed that they were putting out the few small fires. The blood from his nose was dried on his lip and the bench he was laying on created a terrible pain in his back.
At his feet, Eden sat silently on the bench, staring at the glowing lights from the fire trucks. He couldn't read her, but she seemed to be content. When he sat up she noticed him.
[B]"It's about time you woke up."[/B] she said, knocking his feet to the ground and scooting closer to his body. [B]"I would have moved you someplace else, but I couldn't touch you. I almost go run over by a car for trying to even wipe the blood off."[/B]
Brian realized what she was talking about and quickly rubbed off the dried blood off with his jacket. The jacket and the few small possessions inside of it were the only things he had with him since his plane blew up. He recalled all that had happened
[B]"Where's the others?"[/B] he asked and Eden turned to him with a sorrowful look on her face.
[B]"I don't know,"[/B] she replied, looking to her feet, [B]"I saw Dorian's shadow cover the Academy just after you passed out. But I don't guess they knew where we were so they must have gone in the opposite direction. There was an ambulance here earlier. I think Charles died."[/B]
[B]"Wait what? Why do you say that?"[/B] Brian asked suddenly awake with fear. [B]"Did you see a body bag?"[/B]
[B]"Yeah, but why's that so bad. I thought Charles was the enemy."[/B] She asked. Brian remembered that Eden probably hadn't seen Charles exit the building.
[B]"It wasn't Charles. He left the academy when you weren't looking. So it has to be one of the others inside the academy."[/B]
[B]"Well we know it wasn't Dorian. He wouldn't have been able to create the shadow."[/B] Eden said confidentally.
I had to have been someone else. Maybe even Eddie or Cat. Either way, Brian didn't want to stay there anymore. Too much longer, and the police might come along to ask the two of them some questions. It would seem strange if they were present at a fight one day and a fire/shooting the next. He stood up to leave, and Eden quickly did the same; she must have only stayed there because Brian was unconcious. As they began to part, Eden gave Brian her phone number and left saying Merry Christmas as she went.
The number was written on Brian's hand, but he wanted to put it in his phone anyway. His cell phone which was one of the few things he had kept from the plane, was in his jacket pocket. It was turned off and he had actually forgotten that he was carrying it on him.
When he turned it on, he noticed that he had two voice mails. The first was from his brother and neice, wishing him a Merry Christmas. [I]Was it already Christmas time? It still felt like summer during the day.[/I] and the second, was a message from Brian's agent, Hal.
[B][FONT=System]"Hey Brian, it's Hal. Listen, I know what happened to you a couple of days ago--"[/FONT][/B]
[I]Had it really only been a couple of days? He felt like he'd been in this strange city for months and the plane crash felt years away, but it seemed that since the voice mail was left earlier that day, it had to be true.[/I]
The message continued, [B][FONT=System]"was a freak of nature, and I promise I won't tell anyone what happened. Hell, I'm not even gonna ask questions. As long as you're okay, that's good enough for me. I was only calling to let you know that I took care of everything. The authorities think that your tickets and ID were stolen just before you got on the plane. And I booked another seat in your name just after that, and checked myself in for it. So as far as anyone knows, we're both headed to Oklahoma for a while. I'm in the city right now. When you get this, come to the Hilton and go to room 842. That's where I am. If anything else, we can celebrate Christmas together."[/FONT][/B]
That was all Brian needed to hear. He finished the message, and then entered Eden's number, before heading off towards the Hilton. He didn't know where it was and he'd probably get lost, but as long as he got far enough away from the Harlem Academy he didn't care.

[size=1][color=gray]Dorain stood there looking at a lifeless bloody Cat, cradled in Eddie's arms as he wept. Dorain couldn't help but feel partly responsible, it was his idea for them to put the fire out, he convinced them to stay. Though his guilt weighed on his heart and soul, he couldn't mourn, mourning came after justice or revenge, yet he couldn't fully blame Charles either, he had been shot and fell a good distance, he must have been delirious, but actions were actions, whether intentional or accidental and people have to account for what they've done.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=gray][b]"Eddie, we gotta go."[/b] Dorian spoke slowly, his voice cracking in mid-sentence. [b]"Eddie, come on! EDDIE![/b]" Dorian yelled placind a hand on Eddie but his words fell on deaf ears.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=gray][b]"Shit, fuck, Eddie I'm gonna get everyone out of here, when I get back we're going, I don't care if I have to drag you out of here."[/b] Dorian yelled before turning and walking away.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=gray]Smoke hung thick in the air, though Dorian's eyes where able to see reasonable well through the dim swirling smog, though it stung slightly to keep his eyes open. Breathing however wasn't as easy, coughing Dorian held up his sweater to cover his mouth and nose. As he wandered he spotted a female figure walking slowly toward him, though as they began to near she stopped, though parts her still seemed to be moving. As he drew closer he saw what they we're, snakes protecting the woman he had heard called[i] "Juliet".[/i][/color][/size]

[size=1][color=gray]Dorian kept advancing speaking smoothly when he got close enough for her to hear. [b]"Ah, it's you, since we haven't officially met, the name's Dorian, care to share yours? And that's interesting little gift you have there."[/b] As he became visable to her, her guard dropped slightly, but only in the slightest as if she was relieved it wasn't someone else. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"I would save those questions for later, now isn't the time, and even then I give no promise to answer."[/b] She spoke, her tongue sharp and smooth, staring at Dorian intensly with her golden eyes.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"Good point, I take it you're lost, you can follow me if you want, I know my way well enough."[/b] Dorian said turning arounds. He wasn't sure if he could trust this woman, and even more unsure if it was safe to turn his back, someone wanted them dead, but sometimes you have to do things no matter what consiquences follow. [b]"I think everyone else is out, all but you, me and..... Eddie."[/b][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Dorian started to walk slowly foward, back towards the place Eddie sat. He didn't look behind him to see if she followed but soft footfalls from behind him assured him of that, til she gave her name. "[b]Juliet, my name is Juliet and that is all I am going to tell you, be thankful you recieved that much."[/b] [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"Hmm, not much like the character you inherited the name from, though I'm not one to talk."[/b] Dorain replied back to Juliet, who didn't say anything in response, the silence was filled by the ever closer moans of Eddie.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]As the two wandered through the dense smoke, it swiftly began to rise, being sucked out of a window. Though that should have made it easier to breath, but Dorain almost seemed to be getting less air now, the fires were choking as well. Added to that,the pressure in the room seemed to be changing, definately not normal.[b] "Hurry hold you're breath, someone is sucking all the air out of this place"[/b] Juliet warned, though any type of concern was void from her voice.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Dorian nodded but before he took a gasp of air, he ran foward the rest of the distance to Eddie. [b]"Eddie, hold you're breath, someone is sucking the air out of this hell, and if you ever want justice for Cat you need to survive."[/b] The man nodded, but neither did he get up or quit cradling Cat's body, Dorian gulped down a large breath and held it.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]It seemed like hours, that each second was an eternity, as Dorian was about to choke from the lack of oxygen, a rush of air flooded back to the building. The fires were almost all extinguished, save a few that would burn themselves out or could be put out by another as sirens pierced the silence of ragged breaths. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"Definately time to go."[/b] Dorian spoke to himself at the same time covering the academy in black. Softly grabbing Eddie he managed to drag him to his feet turning he grabbed Juliets arm but she twisted free, driving a hard punch to Dorian's face.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"OW! Was that really neccesary, I'm just trying to lead you out of my world of darkness, if you don't want to trust me then trust my intentions because I mean you no harm."[/b] Grabbing her arm once more he lead them towards the exit, releasing the darkness and his grip on both people when they reached Eddie's car.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"Not so bad now was it."[/b] Dorian stated caressing the side of his face. "Eddie, give me your keys, I'll take you to my place, you can clean up there and regain you're composure." That was an intruction that Dorian wouldn't let Eddie protest, he was in no condition to drive, plus it would be less suspicious to have him lay down, after all most people would be worried if they saw a guy covering in blood and soot driving.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]***************[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]The door clicked shut as Eddie left, he hadn't said much the entire time at Dorian's place. [b]"Don't let it destroy you......."[/b] Dorian whispered turning back to his appartment. He looked his small tree up and down, nothing too spectacular for Christmas, but then again Christmas was far from his favorite holiday.The holiday itself is fine but the shopping gets horrible, the people even worse. I guess you could say Dorian has a love hate relationship with it. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Satisfied with his tree he walked back into his bedroom, turning and stepping into his closet. Reaching to the top of a shelf, Dorian pulled down an old shoe box, stopping he hesitated, that box contained part of his past, a part he though he put behind him, a part he'd rather forget, but the past always has a way of catching up to you.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Removing the lid of the box he stared down at the contents, memories flashing through his mind. Times he should have died, there were too many of those and this was the things that kept him from dying all those times. They were two things he had prayed he'd never have to use again, and hopefully he could manage without them. Placing the lid back on the box he put it back in the spot it came from. He didn't want to use those unless he had to.[/color][/size]

OOC: I hope it's ok I put myself as the hazy figure Rev, let me know if there's anything you want me to change. I left our departure open in case you wanted to add anything or say anything to Dorian, if not that's fine works either way.

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Juliet relaxed a bit when she saw that the hazy figure turned out to be the blind guy from the café. She was glad it wasn?t Dani, Quan, or even Zane. She looked at him and saw that he was coming closer as she stood still. He stated his name as Dorian, asked for her name, and commented on her power. She merely threw back a sharp reply, which he took into acknowledgement.

Soon enough the two were walking through the corridors and back to where Eddie was. During their walk she finally gave him her name and only her name; Dorian accepted it. Finally the two came to Eddie who sat on the floor with- what looked like- fear, distress, and sorrow. As Dorian tried to coax Eddie on leaving, Juliet realized the pressure had begun to change. She warned the other two with hardly any concern in her voice, but nonetheless warned them.

Eddie held his breath, as did Dorian, but he didn?t leave Cat?s body. Juliet watched warily as she felt like there was a presence lurking in the shadows, though it could?ve been her imagination or just the fact that she had always felt like that.

As the fires began to die down, Dorian created a world of darkness and lightly dragged Eddie to his feet and grabbed Juliet?s arm. By instinct, she broke free from his grasp and punched him in the face, managing to hit him on the cheek. He stumbled backward a bit, looking a bit taken aback by what she had done. He explained to her the situation and because she knew she wouldn?t be able to get out of the Academy by herself, reluctantly let him lead her via touch.

Finally, the three got out. The snakes that seemed to shape themselves around Juliet slowly disappeared and her eyes reverted to their natural brown color. She stood with crossed arms and on a bent leg watching Eddie, who was still in some sort of shock, and Dorian, who rubbed his cheek where Juliet had punched him.

[B]?You asked earlier if that was necessary??[/B] The blind man turned to her still rubbing his cheek. Juliet continued what she said, [B]?and it was. I don?t like being touched without my foreknowledge.?[/B] Twirling her car keys around her finger, Juliet began to walk away towards her car. She opened the car door and said, [B]?Oh right, thanks for getting me out,?[/B] over the roof of her car.

With that, she sped off onto the streets, leaving Dorian and Eddie to their own devices. As she drove back to her house, she couldn?t help but feel like she did something wrong. It was only instinct to hit Dorian because he touched her without her foreknowledge but for some reason, she felt awful, almost guilty about hitting him. She came up to her house and shut the door, leaning her head against it?until the beeping of her answering machine trailed into her ears.

Groaning, Juliet walked over and pressed the button as she began to take off her clothes. Several were random messages and were delete worthy but then a voice echoed throughout the apartment and made time stop for Juliet. She came out of her room and went back to the machine, replaying it so she could hear the exact words clearly. By the end of the message Juliet didn?t know whether to be angry, sad, frustrated, or happy. All she knew was this person wanted to spend a day during the week before Christmas and that this person wanted her to call him back.[/size][/color]

[size=1][center][img]http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1214/giftsandcurses4ej8.png[/img][/center]

Due to a lack of money, Dave had to phone Dani back at some point. The talked for what seemed like all night, in the end Dani felt kind of sad for not having caught up with his friend for so long. Dave seemed to be the only person who could tolerate Dani, any joke the goth made that was remotely sick Dave would laugh at, even if he didn?t find it funny. Sometime in the night, Dani told Dave about Cat, missing out the details of the Zodiac and their powers and simply saying he helped kill a girl. Dave replied with a simple, [B]?that?s sad, Dan. That?s real sad. Especially at Christmas.?[/B]

Dani laughed at that. He told Dave he had completely forgotten how close to Christmas it was, said he wouldn?t have any plans even if he knew it was coming up.

[B]?I don?t want you doing anything at Christmas. Even though you don?t like it, it?s still a holiday and you?re meant to have fun. How about I come around and we can catch up more without me burning a hole in my pocket??[/B]

[B]?Yeah, that?d be cool. But only if you want ta, that is.?[/B] Dani mumbled.

[B]?Sure thing. I still remember where you live. How about on in three or two days??[/B]

[B]?That?d be great.. sure.?[/B]

A few more words were exchanged, a laugh, and both of them said their goodbyes and hung up. Dani found himself smiling for once at something that was actually quite sweet. He and Dave went back all the way to when they were teenagers, in a band. Dani on vocals, Dave on bass guitar. Of course, the band didn?t work, even if Dani thought it was a pretty awesome project. Still, he and Dave had remained good friends for awhile. Dani didn?t know what had happened to them, to be honest.

He looked at his clock, sighing. 2 in the morning. He didn?t feel tired at all, even if he did he didn?t feel like sleeping. He laughed at the thought of Santa actually coming down the chimney, he?d probably kill the fat bastard for never giving him anything good for Christmas. Set him on fire or something like that.

He winced at the thought of fire, instantly bringing up a memory of the Academy. He actually felt sorry for Cat now that he realised just what happened. And Eddie, of course. It was only then he realised that whatever cruel God gave them their powers also decided to give them a curse, a deadly curse. Whether it be killing someone by accident, burning down buildings or having an unstable mental state? it just wasn?t fair.

There was a knock at the door that rang through the whole house, bringing Dani back to the real world with a heavy groan. He wasn?t expecting anyway at this time. He got up, completely aware he was still shirtless, and opened the door without a thought, pushing the gun out of the way as he did so.

[B]?Merry Christmas, Daniel.?[/B]

Quan stood there, grin on his face, holding out two objects to Dani. A bottle of Polonaise, a Polish alcohol Dani was familiar with and a box. Dani looked up at Quan, ready to punch him.

[B]?What the [I]fuck[/I] is this??[/B] he snarled.

Quan shrugged. [B]?Peace offering. I know you?re slightly sad about Cat, but don?t worry, it happens. Be glad she won?t be alive to experience what is next,?[/B] Dani gave him a worried, uncertain look. [B]?Oh, nevermind. You didn?t do the job properly but you did it good nevertheless. So, here?s enough alcohol to get you drunk out of your face and some bullets for that gun.?[/B]

Quan handed the bottle and box to Dani, dragging out another bag from behind his back. He handed that to Dani, as well.

[B]?I find it pathetic how you people get a thrill off this crap, but then again I find you pathetic.?[/B]

Dani narrowed his eyes at Quan, snatching the bag off him as he did so and laying it down on the floor. Quan just smiled sarcastically.

[B]?You didn?t do your job properly so that?s all you?re getting off me. Next time, do it right. For now, have a good Christmas.?[/B] Quan grinned again, waving his hand sarcastically at Dani before turning around to walk off. Just as Dani went to close the door, Quan stopped him. [B]?Oh, you might want to share some of that with a certain few other people. Namely your friend coming around and perhaps? I don?t know? one of your Zodiac friends???[/B]

Dani shut the door on Quan?s laughing face, not even wanting to know how the man knew such things about his life.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][I][B]"It's Christmas, you know."[/B][/I]

Charles sat on the edge of the couch, running a pale hand through his hair, staring at the piles of junk that surrounded him. It hadn't been there when he'd fallen asleep, he remembered that much. He thought back over the conversation that had awakened him.

[B]
[I]"Or Christmas[/I]time,[I] anyways."[/I][/B]

He'd only been half awake when Quan'd said that, the burning in his shoulder faded to a dull ache that matched the rest of his body now that he wasn't numb from the cold. Now the only part of him that was numb was his mind...and he couldn't make that go away.

[I][B]"I'd say I got you gifts, but that really isn't what they are. Consider them an alternate payment to the one originally offered."[/B][/I]

That had jolted him awake, sitting up with a glare.

[I][B]"Alternate payment?"[/B][/I]

Quan had nodded, a self-satisfied smirk on his face.
[I]
[B]"You messed up. You had to use someone else, and - as I'm sure you recall - you got yourself shot in the process."[/B][/I] Quan sighed, looking at his hands. [I][B]"But sloppy or not the job got done. I'm merely...withholding full payment. And, perhaps, changing a few things."[/B][/I] He'd set two boxes down with a clatter, gave a mock bow, and turned for the door. [I][B]"You just worry about healing. Or somesuch."[/B][/I] And then he was gone, leaving a confused, angry Charles in his wake.

Charles shook his head. That had been two hours ago; he'd fallen back into a troubled sleep, and only just woken again. But the boxes were there, as if to prove their conversation hadn't been a dream. But the boxes were accompanied by a couple larger boxes, and a beaten, battered trunk that looked awfully familiar. He reached out for the envelope on top of the boxes, tearing it open and dropping the letter inside down on the couch quickly, before it could scorch.

[I]
[B][center]~Charles: I took the liberty of informing your landlady that you will no longer require your apartment. I have made different arrangements for you in the upcoming weeks. Consider the lack of effort on your part my last form of payment, even if you do not, [/i]I [i]will. This is not negotiatable, and I am not precisely pleased. Clean up the junk all over that room now - you really should be more organized.
~Quan[/center][/B][/I]

So that's why the trunk looked familiar. He felt a flash of anger: he was being manipulated - maybe they all were - and he didn't know why. But the anger vanished, devoured by that odd numbness.

[I][B]You'd never killed a kid before...[/B][/I] He shook his head angrily, snatching up one of the two boxes and tearing it open. And stared at what was inside. Packets of white powder. Shiny sharp needles. A silver spoon, and rubber tubing...

[i][b]He's taunting me.[/b][/i]

The paraphanalia might as well be plastic and sugar, for all the good it'd do him. As soon as it hit his bloodstream, it would be gone. Dissappating before it could do its beautiful, sinister job. His fingers twitched. He'd been a junkie. The cold turkey - [i]forced[/i] cold turkey - had been torture, almost as bad as...as...there was only one thing he could compare that to, but even now, with those memories being dragged back to the surface, he didn't touch that thought. Couldn't. He threw the box at the wall, hard. Vials exploded in a shower of glass, as did the picture frame they'd hit.

[B][i]Making messes...sloppy...[/i] [/B]He couldn't help but smirk at that thought.[B][i]You're going to wish you'd never taken me in.[/i] [/B]

The second box was better; what was in it threw him off, slightly. A knife - long bladed, stationary; like a hunting knife, as opposed to his stilletos and switchblades; the handle ridged, gripped, and made of some strange material. Thirty seconds of direct contact - and it didn't melt. Didn't scourch - didn't even heat up. The blade itsself was long, viscously sharp with serated edges and it was black, flames worked in red metal along the edges. The thing looked [i]old[/i]. Old, and odd, and deadly. It would work. Charles set that aside, and began sorting through the boxes he recognized - all his belongings, sorting through...

Two piles. One to keep, one to discard. There wasn't much in either - his apartment fire had destoryed everything but what had been in the battered footlocker; and it didn't take long. The pile of stuff to get rid of was mostly magazines, discarded papers and the suchlike. He threw most of it in the dingy fireplace in the corner, lighting it. It filled the room with foul-smelling smoke, but he didn't really care. Maybe it'd mess up Quan's house.

The keep pile was mostly clothes and knives; he shoved that into the mostly empty locker, burying more papers, more important letters. And -

[I][B]wait.[/B] [/I]He dug through, back down to the bottom, unburying an old, curled photograph. Five or six guys - [B][i]man, I looked so young...[/i] [/B] - grinning and posing, jokingly threatening whomever was behind the camera. Four of the six had died that night. He'd lived. And the sixth...hadn't been there. had been somewhere else...he couldn't remember now, but there'd been a big hubbub - had he known? Or was there something else? Charles quickly slid the photo into his jacket pocket - trying to ignore the blood-crusted hole in the one shoulder, the burns and scorches - before he slammed the trunk closed.

[B][i]Yet another fun Christmas this is gonna be.[/i][/B] He had only ever had one fun Christmas...and that had been six, seven years ago now. Too long.

And this one was going to be like the rest.

He could tell.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

The city had a lot of dark secrets, it wasn't a pleasant place to be. Just recently, someone lost their life and no one knows except those who were there(and the ones they trust the most). The City was a very dark place and people had problems but there was one time to forget all those problems, Christmas.

It was the best time of year, the only time you could go on the streets and know you were safe. It was the only time of year people would come together and celebrate; it was also the one time of year those who needed help got it, the homeless were given places to stay, food, drink. It [I]seemed[/I] everyone was happy at christmas even those who didn't believe in it.

Victor woke up, for once he could relax, he knew everything would go fine, atleast for today. Victor didn't get to see his fmaily at christmas, they all lived too far away. He usually spent Christmas by himself, he didn't really have friends; Just aquantances as Dani was.

One good thing about Christmas was the events that went on in the City, every year they would have a funfare, concert, everything. Nearly everyone went but there was a few who decided to have a more disclosed Christmas.

Victor walked the streets of the city, it was better to walk, that way he could have a drink. He'd probably see someone familiar. The people from the Police station, they'd been everywhere recently. Victor walked into the bar, he sat at the bar, he looked across and as expected he saw someone he recognised, they were drinking quite alot. There was definately something on their mind.

OOC: Couldn't think of anything and that could be anyone at the bar really. lol

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]A few days passed by and Juliet hadn?t called the person back. She had an odd feeling that it wasn?t the person she thought it was, instead it was Quan luring her in. After the incidents that occurred, she was more cautious and skeptical of unexpected turns. She wasn?t going to end up in Quan?s traps the way Dani and Charles ended up in them.

Still, there was no harm in calling the person back. If it was Quan, then there must be some reason he used the disguise. Sighing she picked up the phone and searched through the caller ID until she came up to the number she presumed belonged to that particular person. Taking a deep breath, she dialed and listened to the rings. It seemed like ages until the recipient picked up.

The voice behind wasn?t the one she expected but more one she didn?t want to hear. It was Quan and at the same time he had picked up, a knock on her door interrupted her thoughts. Juliet had forgotten she was still on the phone and opened the door, only to see Quan.

[B]?What do you want, Quan? I have no business with you today.?

?On the contrary, my dear, I have business with you. It?s not that big, mind you, just a small?favor.?[/B]

Favor. The last time Juliet had done a favor for anyone resulted with her foot in someone?s face. She despised favors but if it benefited her, it usually worked out.

[B]?What sort of favor? If it involves killing anyone other than Dani, then I?m not interested.?[/B] She watched his face and he started to smile deviously. She knew where this was going. [B]?It involves Dani, doesn?t it??

?Yes, it does. Now before you decline my offer, I?m only asking you so that I can get information out of him. I want to know what makes him tick, what makes him so?frighteningly interesting. So here?s a few presents for you to do as you please. Although the three of you shouldn?t even be receiving my graceful kindness after that fiasco at the--?[/B]

Juliet had cut him off. [B]?I?ve told you before, my job was to watch the two imbeciles and nothing more. You never implied anything about making sure Charles killed the girl himself or to make sure Dani killed Charles, the girl, whoever. Next time you want me to do something, make yourself clear next time. I?m not a damn mind reader.?[/B]

The man merely chuckled and handed her the gifts. [B]?Go see Daniel. I?m sure he?ll love the company.?[/B]

The door slammed shut behind Quan as Juliet stepped back into her house. She held the neatly wrapped box in her hand and stood in the middle of the room. Whatever Quan gave was surely suspicious and unorthodox, it was his way. She didn?t want to know what was inside but through reluctant curiosity Juliet tore off the paper only to find an enveloped and a velvet box.

Disregarding the box, Juliet opened the enveloped and read the contents of the card.

?Here is the address to Daniel?s home. It?s a small favor in return for something greater. Inside the wooden box are some instruments that?ll be of some use to you?as well as an accessory you may find an affinity to. Nonetheless, get to Daniel?s and keep him company.

- Quan.?

[i][B]Bastard.[/B][/i] She looked to the box on the table as she sat on the couch. [i][B]Instruments that?ll be of some use to me and an accessory I may find an affinity to, huh?[/B][/i] Juliet bit lower lip as she contemplated on whether to open the box or not. Deciding against it, she read the letter once more and took it with her, along with the box placing the two in her bag.

Juliet decided to take her bike and rode through the streets to where Dani lived. Somehow she knew where he lived, or at least the vicinity. Parking her bike, Juliet was surprised to see that Dani lived in a place like this. The outside of his house was almost too marvelous. Looking at the address again, she walked up to the door and took a breath before she knocked on the door.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]In and out; almost as soon as he and Beth had found there way into the labyrinth-esque museum he was making his way back out with her in absentminded tow, hands shaking and eyes wide as the flames seemed to be the only thing his eyes could focus on.

The brilliant oranges, yellows and crimsons sent all thoughts of anything out of is mind as the flight instinct over; Moses didn?t even pay attention to the water from the sprinkles deflecting from him as if he had his own personal force-field around his body, its radius larger than it had ever been as he dashed from building.

And ran, leaving Beth behind.

Fast, and long, not noting direction till rational thought regained control, halting him in front of a bus station.

?home. He would go home now, yes.

[B]---------------[/B]

[i]Christmas time, is here?[/i]

The ancient television sputzed and froze, the familiar colors of the well-known Christmas special changing to black and white and back again as the sound warbled at him and continued to short out on the children?s voices raised in song.

As the sound took on an almost sickening keening, Moses dropped the little bush he was trying to set up back down on the floor and hurried to kill the power to the television, plunging the room into silence. It was nearly as bad as the keening of the television and so he flicked the radio on instead before returning to his ?trees?? side and setting it upright.

?There?I didn?t mean to drop you?? He crooned softly to the bush as the radio spewed out some pop-song by Back?n?sync or some other band like that. ?It?s al?? He was talking to the plant?that wasn?t right. Moses? voice cut out as he set the bush in a bowl and then upon his desk.

The plant was a pretty one, a small bush that looked to be from the evergreen family; the needles were soft and short. Moses looked over his shoulder at his bedroom door for a minute before he took a set of ornaments from his desk drawer and set them beside the tree.

They were small, and he?d gotten them cheap as a present for himself, but he still found the small round silver, gold and red bulbs pretty as he slid them from the carton and hung them on the short branches. It wasn?t even ten whole minutes before all the ornaments hung on the tree and Moses backed up to sit on his bed and study his handiwork.

Moses smiled, bouncing slightly on the edge of the mattress. It was a good tree?

[i]Merry Christmas?![/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]OOC: I love my little angst-munkie. 'cause he is such a cheeerful angst-munkie. ^o^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Half asleep with half a bottle of Polonaise at his side, it was a sweet night for Dani. Polonaise was one of his favourite drinks, a Polmos Łańcut vodka made in Poland. It pretty much put all other alcohol to shame, although it had been a long time since he had any. He was laying down on his couch right now, sleeping under covers and even with a pillow. All of a sudden Cat?s death didn?t seem entirely his fault.

A knocking on the door woke him up groggily. He ran his hand through his deadlocks, mumbled something incoherent and walked to the door, bottle in his hand.

He had opened the door with his eyes closed and was rubbing his nose, unaware that there was in fact someone stood at his door. It was obvious, he was just somewhat tired.

[B]?What the hell?d?you wan ? Oh, what are you doing here??[/B] his eyes snapped open halfway through the sentence to find Juliet stood there, not looking too impressed. Dani just shrugged.

[B]?I?ve been sent round here to ?keep you company?,?[/B] she said, folding her arms.

[B]?Don?t tell me, Quan??[/B] Dani rolled his eyes and stepped out of the doorway, [B]?I suppose you should come in, then. S?little cold outside, ain?t it??[/B] Dani grinned like a child, a tipsy child at that. Juliet rolled her eyes and walked past him. Dani pointed towards the living room, muttered something about how ridiculous Quan was, and ran up stairs for a moment.

Yes, it was ridiculous. Dani had just let Juliet into his house. He supposed he could use the company, and he also figured it was [I]his[/I] house ? Juliet wouldn?t be able to kill Dani in his own home, even if he was getting slightly tipsy from the alcohol. He looked at the bottle accusingly an snorted.

When he got downstairs with a t-shirt on, finally, and a trench coat in his hand because he knew it would get cold in his house he saw Juliet was simply stood up in his living room. Dani gave her a suspicious look, sliding past her and sitting onto his couch, still glancing at her. He poured himself another drink, took a sip still with his eyes on Juliet.

[B]?So why?d you say you were here??[/B]

[B]?Quan asked me to keep you company. I thought it would have been a good idea.?[/B] Juliet replied, looking around the living room. Dani was still eyeing her suspiciously.

[B]?Oh I see, kindness of your heart??[/B] he sneered sarcastically. He swallowed his drink in one, slamming it back down on the table. [B]?For god?s sake, I tidied the place up, so sit down a?ready!?[/B]

Juliet sighed heavily and sat down at the other end of the couch. Dani was still watching her, he wanted to know exactly what she was doing in his house, why Quan wanted her there, and why he had actually let her in. Well, he was still blaming the Polonaise for that. He reached into the bag he was given full of alcohol, pulling out a bottle of Wyborowa, once again a Polish beverage. He handed it to Juliet and grinned again.

[B]?You can have that. It?s Wyborowa, Polish vodka. Polish vodka is clearly the greatest thing on earth, you know,?[/B] he raised his bottle of Polonaise as if he were proving his point.

[B]?Is it now??[/B] Juliet sneered.

[B]?Yeah. Polmos Łańcut produces this crap, makes up ten percent of the Polish market, the more you drink the more you?re helping Poland.?[/B] Dani chuckled, taking a swig.

Juliet raised an eyebrow at him, clearly surprised. [B]?You live in a house like this and you?re actually smart. I?m slightly impressed.?[/B]

[B]?My dad was Polish, it was his excuse every time he bought a bottle of this. It?s the best crap in the world, first alcohol I tasted. As for the house? four bedrooms, kitchen, living room, big back garden? no heating or water. Grand parents bought it me before they tripped into their graves,?[/B]

Dani was still smiling though he wasn?t really laughing anymore. His grand parents he didn?t care about, it was just his father?s memory that brought back a few thoughts. He shrugged it off anyway, he didn?t want Juliet to find any signs that he actually had a family he liked, or rather disliked, and didn?t want any questions on the matter.

[B]?You?re Polish??[/B] Juliet asked, somewhat disbelieving.

[B]?I?m Polish.?[/B] Dani took another drink, wincing at the taste. [B]?Grew up in England though. S?why I?ve got this dodgy accent. I mean, s?perfectly English, this accent, even though a few people in my family would insist on speaking Polish.?[/B]

[B]?Does that mean [I]you[/i] can speak it??[/B]

Dani smirked. [B]?Ain?t nobody?s business if I can.?[/B]

Whether or not Juliet had some secret plan to kill him, Dani figured this was going to be a fun night. After all, he never told anyone he had a secret love for Polish alcohol, or that he was Polish at all.[/SIZE]