OtakuBoards

Gifts and Curses

Vicky

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Charles stared at his reflection in the glass - he looked awful, dark circles under his eyes, hair mussed and falling out of its normal spikes.

[i]He looked different now; the blonde dreads cropped off, the spikes in his ears and nose and eyebrows gone, sealed over with time. His clothing was more normal, more...respectable, no holes or patches or studs. But his smile was just as sinister, and his eyes just as creepy, just as hungry as the had always been. He smiled.

[B]"Been a long time, Charles..."[/B]

And then he'd been ignored as The Ri-George and Quan had talked. He'd ben ignored - giving him more time to try and figure out why a man who had once terrified an entire city would go ... domestic.

Everything about him now screamed success, but tame, controlled, legal sucess...until he folded his hands on the table, fingers glinting with the weapons that gave him his name. Fighting claws, brass knuckes on steroids, long, sharp blades that looked like a combination of Wolverine and Bat'leth, to quote pop culture. The Ripper's trademarks. Charles shifted further away - he was fast with those things, and he knew how to kill. And - more importantly - how to keep someone alive...[/i]

He shook the memory off now, raising his hand to pound on the door.
[B]
"Anyone 'ome? I was told t'stay 'ere, so y'might as well open up!"[/B] No one answered. He reached to try the doorknob - it turned easily in his hand, the door swinging open without so much as a squeak. Charles left his stuff on the pourch, but shoved the door the rest of the way open, one hand lingering near his knife as he took a step into the house.

[B]"'ello?"[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]Moses looked up silently, then extended his own hand to clasp Bella?s as he smiled, the corners of his eyes crinkling as he nodded to her.

?I?m Moses, Bella. Was the?? He dropped her hand before rubbing his own against the soft, red corduroy of his pants; when he had taken the older girl's hand he had felt something akin to water sliding between their palms ? like there was some connection between them. What had made this odder, though, had been the fact that he should not have been able to feel water.

He glanced down at the leg of his pants where he had rubbed his hand and on seeing no water stains?no dampness whatsoever?he shrugged it off quickly with another smile at Bella as he ducked his head awkwardly.

?Um?? His hand went to hair and he began weaving his fingers through it as his eyes darted from the girl, to his suitcases, back to the girl again before finally fixing on the traffic passing rapidly in front of him.

As the awkward silence seemed to grow ? at least to him ? he decided on a random thread of conversation figuring that it would most likely not hurt anything; either she would peg him for an escapee from a juvenile prison, or she?d decide to accompany him to?

When his line of thought trailed off, Moses searched his pockets, coming up with a just remembered slip of paper from his so-called ?social worker.? He read the address off of it before glancing back up at Bella with a worried, half grin.

?Um?would you like to, just?come with me here?? He held the worn paper out towards Bella, parts of the address smudged but still readable. ?Just?? He paused. ??I don?t know really why I?m asking.?

And he didn?t; His face as he spoke those last words was almost comical as it took on an expression that pretty much resembled ?O_o.?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=1]OOC: I R sik. D: *sneezes at you all*[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]The voice outside his door made Dani freeze, he didn?t answer because of that. A familiar voice, he was sure he knew it, far too sure, and far too uncomfortable because of it. He stepped back when the person ? rude as they were ? had opened the door themselves. Dani hid the gun behind his back, grabbed onto the door and flung it out of the other?s hands.

To be fair, Dani was expecting to see someone like Charles stood at his door. That didn?t make the expression on Dani?s face any less priceless, though. It was an mixture of confusion, anger, hung-over laziness and almost mimicked Charles?.

Dani?s first thoughts were something along the lines of ?why?. Why was everything going completely out of hand? He had shot this man recently, and now here he was at his door. That was bad. Dani, of course, would not apologise, in fact he was sure he still didn?t like Charles. He was also sure Charles? intentions were bad so he held onto the gun even tighter. Not that Dani felt as though he needed the gun nowadays, anyway.

[B]?What are [I]you[/I] doin? ?ere??[/B] Charles asked, more than a hint of bitterness in his voice.

[B]?I live here!?[/B] Dani shouted, throwing his arms up in the air like Charles was an idiot. [B]?Get off my fuckin? property!?[/B] he shouted again, stepping forward and shoving Charles with his palms as hard as he could, unaware the punk was actually carrying a knife.

[B]?Hey ?HEY!?[/B]

Whilst Dani was in the middle of pushing Charles fericly out of his door ? gun still in hand ? Charles seemed to have the right idea. He swung around at Dani, catching Dani?s jaw with his knuckles and effectively throwing Dani back enough to stop him pushing. Dani tripped back into his door way and landed on his back? quite embarrassing, actually.

He groaned heavily? when exactly was he going to learn that Charles was always likely to turn around and smack him in the face for being violent? He sighed again, especially at the sight (an up-side down sight) of Juliet in his kitchen.

At least his life was mildly entertaining.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Eddie had no place to go. he had been living with his girlfriend in this town for past two years. His life was going just fine until that one faithful night. He probably should have seen it coming. He hasnt been able to hold her,let along kiss her, for a long time. Everyday he would feel more and more distant from her. Eddie knew it would end someday but he never expected it to end like that.

What was more surprising to Eddie was what he did to the waterbed. He had never been able to do something like that.He also remembered the night he almost got mugged. That was another weird night. the larger spikes, the spike wave, and finally being able to be touched.

'Why is it that im starting to have these changes to me?' Eddie thought to himself. 'I could never do that stuff before and that shit that happened to the water bed.'

Eddie could not come up with any answers just more questions. Mainly, where the hell was he going to stay? Eddie really didnt know anyone in this town. He didnt know anyone except for

"Dorian! ill see if he can hook me up with a place to stay at."

lets see if i remember where he lives. Eddie look in his cell phone to see if he had his number but couldnt find it. not even a number he thought might be his.

"Well i guess ill go to where he lives."

and with that Eddie took of to Dorian's aparment.

------

OOC: thats the best i could do cut me some slack aight.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Charles shook his hand, glowering at the man sprawled on the floor. Part of him was surprised - part of him was still scared - but the largest part of him was just [i]annoyed[/i]. This was going to be yet another in the chain of manipulations, was it then? Wonderful.

He stomped back out onto the porch, gathering his belongings and dragging them in with him. Dani had propped himself up on his elbows by that time, and was glaring back rather fiercely. [B]"I said get of my property!"[/B]

Charles just stopped and looked at him.[B] "Sorry, [i]mate[/i], but I ain't goin' out that door again, not 'til I'm told to." [/B]He dropped his things on the couch, sprawling on the other half not taken up by boxes, and lit a cigarette, puffing irritably.

Dani scrambled to his feet, lunged and snatched the cigarette away, waving it under Charles's nose.

[B]"[i]What[/i] are you [i]doing[/i] in [i]my house[/i]?!"[/B]

Charles shrugged, glaring but not bothering to try and grab the cigarette back. The taunting was helping to cover up the fear...
[B]
"Didn't our [i]dear[/i] Mistah Quan tell ya? I'm livin' 'ere now."[/B]

He just smirked and waited for the explosion.[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Brian sat down on the curb after he got off the phone with Eden. It was weird having to call someone who he'd only met about a week ago. He was staring in to his hands, trying to ignore the pain in his head, when Eden drove up in a tiny two-door car.
Brian was all the more embarrassed when she made an exasperated expression when looking at his luggage. [I]"Great. Spoiled LA kid carrying aound two suitcases. Now I know where the stereotype comes from."[/I]
In fact he didn't need half of it, but that was what Hal had packed for him and now he was stuck with it after he got kicked out of his hotel. It was so strange that his card wasn't working and that Quan drove by just shortly after. He seemed to be pulling the strings and if there's one thing that Brian hated, it was the feeling of being controlled.
But there was nothing he could do about it now; he had been thurst onto the street with nowhere to go and Eden seemed to be his only option. Now, he was trying to find room in her tiny car.
[B]"Sorry about this,"[/B] he said as he got in the passenger side. Brian hated relying on others.
[B]"It's no problem,"[/B] Eden replied. She sighed before putting the car in drive. She didn't act like it was an inconvenience to her, but it still seemed like something was bothering her. [B]"So what did you have in mind for tonight?"[/B]
It had just occured to Brian that he basically asked her for a ride without even telling her that he had no place to live. And when she showed up, he was sitting on the corner like some sad puppy for sale. She probably thought he was using her. [B]"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to put you on the spot, but I'm new to town, and something happened to my card; I guess it ran out of cash... And you're the only person I know in town so I called you."[/B] He looked down into his hands. The setting sun was shining into his eyes making his head ache even more.
[B]"Well I'm sorry Brian,"[/B] Eden sounded distant. It seemed like she didn't really care. Or maybe her mind was elsewhere. Then, [B]"It's odd because I've been thown out of my apartment as well. It looks like we're both on the streets."[/B]
[I]"that would explain all the bags of clothes,"[/I] Brian had just thought she was an extremely high-matinence person, but she was in the same boat as him. Once again, this seemed like someone was pulling strings. Both of them were homeless and had nowhere to go.
Brian was about to speak but was interrupted, [B]"It looks like we know what we're doing tonight."[/B] He was thrown off by her comment, but then she clarified, [B]"We're looking for a house."[/B]

The two had been driving around for a couple of hours, checking out houses. Their first stop was the news stand. They had to pick up a newspaper for listings. Eden called someone for advice on her money. There was arguing between both sides of the phone. It seemed that the person on the other line (Brian assumed it to ber her parents) didn't want her to leave. Eden's response was that she was being suffocated and that she would still see them, but there was no way in hell she was going to live with them.
All the houses they'd picked out were awful. They were either too small or too expensive. Nearly every home up for sell was an awful choice. The two were at the bottom of the list and their only option was a two story house in the slums. Everything seemed fine about it, but the paper said some work would need to be done.
[I]"It's probably missing a roof,"[/I] Brian thought. However, he was surprised at the building when the drove up. It had a hedge bush fence surround the house. They were growing wildly. There were about three concrete steps in ruin leading to a sidewalk about 15 feet from the door. The front yard was brown from the harsh winter and many of the windows of the house were out. Some of the wood would have to be replace and the entire house needed a paint job.
[B]"It's a wonderful old thing, isn't it?"[/B] a strange man with a british accent interrupted Brian's thought. He was sitting on the porch of the house with a briefcase. He was a business man and after all the proper introductions were made, he took Eden and Brian on a tour.
The inside was far worse than the outside. There were even spots of the house that they had to walk around for fear of falling through. It was mess and without water or heating and air, it seemed like it was an obvious decision.
[B]"I'm sorry--"[/B] Brian started to say but he was cut off by Eden
[B]"We'll take it!"[/B] Brian gave her an awkward look. [I]"Women and their homes,"[/I] he thought, thinking of his mother and how she always used to see the best in everything. Everything except him.
[B]"We could fix it up easy,"[/B] Eden continued with a smile still spread across her face.
[B]"That's the spirit."[/B] The man said. In fact, it had just hit Brian that it was late on a Saturday and no one knew the two of them were coming so why would there have been a salesperson.
[B]"How much?"[/B] Eden seemed to be taking the lead on this deal. Fine with Brian, he didn't have a working amount of cash anyway
[B]"Well--"[/B] The man stumbled for words, [B]"It's already been paid for. You are Mr. Gallows and Miss Bourne, correct?"[/B] He asked as though it was obvious. When the two nodded, the salesman continued. [B]"A Mr. Quan bought the house and said that you would love it. He told me to you two here and give you a tour to make sure that you got set up."[/B]
This was too weird. Eden and Brian exchanged bewildered looks. How could Quan have known they would go there and that Eden would like the house in the first place? How could Quan have known what time to tell the man to meet them there? Brian was sure that he didn't want the house anymore and he thought, by the expression on her face, that Eden felt the same way.
The man shook both of their hands and after opening the door, he turned back to say, [B]"Mr. Quan also asked me to tell you that the rest of your party will be arriving throughout the night."[/B]
[B]"The rest of our party?"[/B] both of them asked. The man was already too far away to hear them and they were both in shock to even think about who those other party members could be.[/SIZE]

OOC: Wow, I'm not happy with this at all. For eveyone else who comes along, feel free to put more discription into the house... I'm tired and at a loss for words. *shrugs* At least we have a place to stay now. Sorry

[SIZE=1][I]OOC: School?s a bitch, ain?t it folks? But we must keep this game alive! ?Seriously, I have nothing to live for except the knowledge that this RPG is bloody awesome thanks to you all *bows*[/I]

---------

Dani?s was staring at Charles, his jaw hanging open for so long that it was probably going to unhook itself and fall right off. Charles was in his house, sat on his couch, puffing smoke into his living room. Or at least he was beforehand. And Quan. Quan. If Dani [I]ever[/I] heard that freakish name again he was going to kill something.

[B]?Quan doesn?t own my house!?[/B] Dani shouted, throwing the cigarette back at Charles. [B]?And you?re not living here! Get outta my house!?[/B]

Charles shrugged, putting his feet up. [B]?I ain?t movin?.?[/B]

Dani?s jaw locked itself and his hands began to shake in anger. He did not appreciate Charles in his home! The punk himself seemed pretty smug, despite Dani?s overwhelming urge to grab the bastard by the neck and knock him all the way back onto the streets, he resisted the temptation and, instead, snatched up Charles? things.

[B]?Hey! That?s mine!?[/B] Charles shot up from the couch and followed Dani, but Dani had no intentions of stopping. The backdoor, located in the kitchen, was always open. Even without having to unlock it Dani struggled to open the door with Charles? belongings in his hands, which was probably quite amusing to both Juliet and Charles.

Wasn?t quite as amusing for Charles when Dani actually opened the door.

Immediately he flung Charles? things out, into the muddy grass. Dani didn?t even give one thought to the look on Charles? face, nor one thought to how Juliet was feeling about the two men who could quite possibly kill each other.

He slammed the door behind him and pushed past Charles and Juliet towards the front door. Dani wasn?t staying in the same house as Charles, if that meant it was his house, so be it.

[B]?Dani, where are you going??[/B] Juliet caught his arm just before he had walked out the door.

[B]?I ain?t stayin? near that thing!?[/B] Dani snarled, pointing at Charles viciously. [B]?I can?t believe this! I?m fine with people stayin? at my house an? all, but not animals! This ain?t a zoo! I don?t even think he?d be welcome in a zoo anyway!?[/B]

Charles rolled his eyes.

[B]?So you?d rather leave him here with your stuff??[/B]

Damn. Juliet had Dani stuck there. Dani didn?t want Charles in his house, didn?t want him alone in his house, either. It was a tough choice. The next time Dani saw Quan he was going to kill him ? eat him alive perhaps, just so long as the man suffered. Dani did [I]not[/I] enjoy being tortured.

[B]?Fine! I?ll be in my room!?[/B]

He felt good storming off up the stairs like a little kid, to be honest?[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Juliet held her hands to her temples, rubbing them and telling herself that this was just a bad nightmare. However, when she opened her eyes and lifted her head, she was still in Dani?s house, standing in the same room as Charles who stood there with hands in his pockets and a slightly smug, yet annoyed, look on his face. Juliet sighed and opened the backdoor, grabbing Charles? belongings and bringing them into the house.

She exhaled loudly and somewhat exasperatedly. If this was what Quan had in mind of?she remembered last night but she also remembered Quan?s ?request.? She shook her head, knowing she couldn?t go through with it. Not after what she?d seen in the man she supposedly hated, not after she?d seen him near his weakest.

[B]?Screw Quan.?

?What about Quan??[/B]

Charles? voice brought Juliet back from her mind. She blinked a few times before realizing Charles was standing there. With a cigarette at the side of his lips. Carefully she looked him over, noticing things that she hadn?t noticed before. He had a certain ruggedness to him but also a certain gentleness, it was difficult to comprehend but more difficult to explain; he just had something she never noticed. Even so, she was still surprised that he didn?t ask her why she was at Dani?s house in the first place. But, Charles seemed to change that.

[B]?It?s none of my business and all but?what are you doing at Dani?s??

?You?re right; it is none of your business. So let?s keep it that way?unless you?d like to lose more than just your dignity and pride.?[/B] Juliet walked past him, hearing a slight hiss from him and then a chuckle. Ignoring his hiss, she said to him, [B]?Try not break anything while I go talk to Dani. There?s probably some alc? left from last night?you?re welcome to it.?[/B]

The second floor was somewhere she hadn?t been?or at least she didn?t remember it if she had been up there. It was vast and almost empty, portraits hanging here and there but nothing more. She then came to Dani?s room and knocked. He didn?t answer and because Juliet was impatient and didn?t like to repeat herself?with anything. She opened the door and found Dani in the recesses of his room.

A smirk crawled across her face as she watched him mumble and grumble. It was quite entertaining to watch a full-grown man act like a child. In fact, anything that Charles and Dani did was entertaining- especially when they try to kill each other.

[B]?Acting this way isn?t going to make him disappear, you know.?[/B] Before Dani could answer, Juliet cut him off. [B]?Stop acting like a child and suck it up, [i]Daniel[/i]. There?s nothing you can really do if Quan brought him to you. Be a man and deal with it? or the two of you can suffer from a fate far worse than anything you?ve ever imagined.?[/B][/size][/color]

[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Hey watch it, WATCH IT!"[/b] Dorian yelled as two movers struggled to take down a large copy of Van Gogh's Starry Night. The two just shrugged off the comment, and continued like no one said anything. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Walking around what used to be his appartment the majority of was empty, a few small boxes here and there, and his bed were all that remained. A few large black trash bags were stacked by the door.[b] "Mom always used to say moving was deep cleaning on crack."[/b] A slight knock at the door jerked Dorian's attention back to the real world.[b] "Wonder who that could be?"[/b] Dorian muttered to himself walking over to the door and opening it.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Hey man what all the commotion, you moving or something?"[/b] Eddie asked standing with a small duffle back of what looked like clothes.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Yeah I guess there's like a gas leak or something so I'm being 'relocated' till they get it fixed."[/b] Dorian explained inviting his friend in. It was a little odd to think of him as a friend in such short time, but they were both thrown in something larger then themselves. So all in all it couldn't be helped. [b]"Anyways, what up? What brings you to my doorstep?"[/b][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Eddie hesitated for a moment, as if he was contemplating leaving but his voice cracked as he started talking, [b]"Yeah I was gonna see if I could crash over her for a few nights, just till I can find a new spot for me, and get my feet down."[/b] [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Wait something happen with your place too?"[/b] Dorian inquired, if Eddie had something similar happen too then it would have to be more than coincidence.[/color][/size]
[b][size=1][color=dimgray]"Nothing like this, I just caught my girl cheating on me, so I left and I didn't really know where else to go, especially with you know."[/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=1][color=dimgray]"Ah, I'm sorry man, but don't worry about the place you can crash with me for as long as you want at this new place, I was actually about to head over there now."[/color][/size][/b]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Thanks amigo, you're a lifesaver, so do you need a ride over to this new spot?"[/b] Relief showed strong on Eddie's face as he motioned to the door.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Laughing Dorian walked into his bedroom for a second returning with a black leather jacket and a black helmet with a pitch black visor, [b]"Not today, I do have a means of transport I just don't use it that much these days." [/b]Zipping up the jacket, Dorian placed the helmet on his head with a firm pull. [b]"I don't know why seeing as I can see fine out the visor, I guess it's just a mental block."[/b] Eddie laughed and muttered something in spanish as they walked out the door.[/color][/size]
[b][size=1][color=dimgray]"So just follow me, if you can keep up."[/color][/size][/b]
[size=1][color=dimgray]<><><><><><><><><><><><><>[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][b]"Are you sure this is the right place man, this spot is a dump." [/b]Eddie spoke looking up at the rickety mansion before them, though those were the words running through Dorian's own mind.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Pulling on the gate resulted in a loud screech as it opened, chipped rust falling to the ground in some places [b]"Only one way to find out." [/b][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Dorian walked cautiously up the remains of what used to be stairs. His helmet was still on, and his fists tensed inside his leather gloves. Housed like this, back in the day he used to hang in houses like this, and he was never up to anything good when he did. Best be prepared for anything.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]The paint on the house was an unnatural dripping gray, that told the house had once been white. Though the only hint of that was some chipped pieces of paint. It had a porch or what had been a porch, the railing hung askew in many places and the northern section of it sunk down as if the wood had decayed. Though the oddest thing was their was a business looking man with a breifcase waiting at the door.[/color][/size]
[b][size=1][color=dimgray]"Ah Mr. Mael and Mr.Galvez I presume, Mr. Quan has intructed me to give you a tour of your new estate, Ms. Bourne and Mr. Gallows have already arrived and been shown inside, will you allow me to take you to them."[/color][/size][/b]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Dorian's mind stopped for a second. What did this all mean,and how could one person have to power and knowledge to get us all her.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][B]?Try not break anything while I go talk to Dani. There?s probably some alc? left from last night?you?re welcome to it.?[/B] Charles watched her go, scowling as he flopped back down on the couch, lighting a fresh cig. This was clearly all some attempt to drive him madder. That was the only explanation.

He couldn't stay seated for long; he could hear Dani and Juliet talking upstairs, and it was making him antsy. He was soon back on his feet, poking through the shelves.
[B]
[i]Bet he doesn't even have anything worth stealing[/i].[/B]

A few minutes later, even that wasn't interesting. He sighed, turning to try and find the kitchen. His boot hit a bottle, sending liquid splashing over the floor, and he sighed, leaving it there as he headed down a random hallway.

[B][i]Meh. His house - he can clean it up.[/i][/B]

[B]
[i]But he's still got the gun...[/i][/B]

That train of thought best describes why Charles was almost instantly back in the other room, sponging alchohol off the carpet.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=DarkGreen]Bella hesitated at Moses' question -- did she really know this guy? -- and then she asked herself: did she really have any other choice?

"Yeah," she said with a smile, "that'd be great." She stepped to his side and picked up one of his suitcases. "Lead the way, Moses."

He seemed unsure for a second, and then looked at a piece of paper and began marching foward with a certainty that seemed almost like bravado.

[/color][/size][/font] [center][font=Arial][size=2][color=DarkGreen]__

[/color][/size][/font] [left][font=Arial][size=2][color=DarkGreen]Quite some time later, having gotten lost a couple of times, Bella and Moses were finally outside the house listed on his little piece of paper. Bella was staring at it with a look of dismay. It was large, that was true, but it also looked in dire need of repairs. She wondered if it would be much better inside, and was sorely tempted to turn around and walk away, when she once again felt that odd pull.

With a shrug, she looked at Moses and together the two walked through the gate, up the steps and knocked on the front door. They could hear voices inside, a gaggling cacophony of cheerfulness and bewilderment, and finally heard a distinctive voice yelling, "Coming!"

The woman who opened the door was a lovely looking brunette, her face still with traces of a smile hovering around it. She looked at Moses with some amusement but not much surprise, but when she turned to Bella, the smile disappeared and a frown replaced it.

"Who are you?"

Moses made the introductions, while this Eden nodded. Finally, she made a great effort to clear her expression and started questioning them instead. "Did you to get evicted too?"

Moses nodded, but Bella just shrugged and looked down. What was she going to say, that she chose to leave because she'd almost killed her mother?

"Well," said Eden, "you two had better come in and join the party, such as it is."

She gestured back the way she'd arrived from, and the two new comers stepped hesitantly over the threshold and into their temporary home.
[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[/center]

[SIZE=1][I]OOC: Bah, bad post, I have no glasses and can?t see so this is the best I can do =([/I]

---------------

Dani sighed and waved his hand at Juliet trying to think of what to say. Juliet was probably right, anyway. Dani wasn?t sulking; he just didn?t want Charles in his house. Whether Quan ordered it or not, it was still Dani?s house, Dani?s property and therefore Dani?s decision.

He was sure Quan wouldn?t be happy with that fact, though.

[B]?I think I?ll have to find Quan and sort this out??[/B] Dani muttered finally.

[B]?Sure that?s a good idea??[/B]

[B]?Well it?s the only idea I?ve got!?[/B] Dani stood up from his bed and rummaged around for a jacket. [B]?Even if I didn?t hate his guts an? want ta see him dead, he?s rude, he?s stupid, he?s just plain [I]annoying[/I]. Quan?s been blackmailin? us, why can?t we blackmail him??[/B]

Even though he had his back turned Dani was sure Juliet had rolled her eyes. Dani, on the other, felt he was onto something here. They were all getting pushed around by a man who had just suddenly appeared out of nowhere, if he knew that Dani would let anything pass there was no telling what sort of tricks Quan would pull next.

When he remembered his jacket was downstairs, Dani made his way down there, still talking to Juliet behind him.

[B]?If it?s not too much trouble, you wouldn?t mind stayin? here to keep an eye on Charlie-boy while I?ma gone tryin? to find Quan, would you??[/B] he asked over his shoulder. [B]?I won?t be that long.?[/B]

[B]?I still don?t think it?s a good idea.?[/B]

[B]?I?m dealing with the situation like a man!?[/B]

[B]?What, storming out onto the streets looking for one person out of a thousand because you can?t get your own way??[/B]

[B]?Yeah, what?s yer point??[/B]

Dani jumped down the last few stairs and stormed into the kitchen looking for his jacket, Juliet still behind him. When he couldn?t find it in the kitchen, he came into the living room, almost walking into Charles who looked like he was? [i]cleaning?[/i].

[B]?What the hell??[/B] Dani stopped, a bewildered look on his face. [B]?What?re you doin???[/B]

Charles threw the towel he had aside. [B]?Nothin?!?[/B]

Dani shook his head at the man and stepped around him to get his trench coat. As long as Charles wasn?t moving around his stuff and stealing anything, he was fine. Although if Charles was cleaning it would have been rather entertaining.

[B]?I?ll be back before you know it, please, keep an eye on him, won?t you??[/B] Dani said to Juliet, indicating to Charles who was still on the floor. Charles cast Dani a scowl, which Dani shook his head to again and walked out.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]After Dani had left, Juliet and Charles exchanged glances. It wasn?t every day that two complete strangers were in a house without the owner of the home. Sighing, Juliet walked past Charles and into the kitchen. She began to look through the cupboards and the fridge, as well as the pantry, for food.

[B]?You hungry, by any chance??[/B] A silent look was all Juliet got from Charles. She asked again, [B]?Charles, are you hungry??[/B] He still gave no response. Frustrated Juliet slammed the cupboard shut and turned to look at Charles only to find him looking at her with wondering eyes. She was startled at first but regained her posture seconds later. [B]?Either you say something or quit staring at me.?[/B]

Obviously Charles chose the former, [B]?Why?re you here??[/B] He walked towards the kitchen and leaned against the counter, searching for an answer in Juliet?s face. [B]?Why?re you here, Juliet? The only reason I?m here is ?cause of Quan. Is that your reason too? Quan??

?That?d be none of your business and if I were you, I?d leave it at that.?[/B]

Words of threat didn?t bother Charles much, especially when it came from a woman. He chuckled to himself and puffed the last bit of smoke before putting it out on the countertop. He could tell that Juliet was avoiding the question; the answer was written all over her face and all over the way she acted with Dani a few minutes ago. Before today, Juliet would?ve bitten Dani?s head off but for some odd reason, she was friendly and had a bit of a bounce to her.

[B]?For one thing, you?re not me. It really is none of my business but?in the matter of Dani, we both know you hate him with a passion. Ain?t that right??

?I don?t hate. I despise, detest, dislike; but I don?t hate.?[/B] Before the man of fire could get in a word, Juliet retorted, [B]?Don?t tell me that hate is the synonym for dislike, detest, and whatever. It?s not. It?s a completely different category the way love and like is, the way admiration and envy is, the way everything in this damn world is.?[/B]

Charles knew then that he hit a slight soft spot. [B]?But that doesn?t tell me why you?re here.?[/B] He attacked the question like a pack of hungry wolves on a deer. [B]?So?why are you here??

?Same reason you?re here: Quan. Now leave it alone or I?ll make sure I watch you writhe in pain?slowly.?[/B]

[B]OOC:[/B] Yeah. Just helping the RP move along. It?s such a terrible post, sorry. ^_^;;;[/size][/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]"Ah Mr. Mael and Mr.Galvez I presume, Mr. Quan has intructed me to give you a tour of your new estate, Ms. Bourne and Mr. Gallows have already arrived and been shown inside, will you allow me to take you to them."

'how did this guy know my last name.....' Eddie thought to himself as he stared down this unknown fellow.

Eddie and Dorian shot each other a confused glance and followed the guy in.

"Olle vos, who "Ms. Bourne and Mr. Gallows?" Eddie whispered at Dorian.

"i dont know dog...but it looks like we about to find out."

The guy in the business suit open the front door with a loud annoying squeak. The interior looked horrible. The paint was falling of the walls. The wood on the floor looked very weak and could possibly give in at any moment. At least there was funiture but Eddie questioned if it was even safe to sit on the raggedy sofa they had.

"and this is the kitchen." said there "tour guide"

Eddie wasnt paying attention to what the guy was saying. he was just so shocked that this place that Dorian was given was so ......raggedy. but it would have to do. Eddie had no place to live and from the looks of it neither did Dorian. The kitchen itself wasn't so bad. Everything looked alright....until he turned on the water faucet.

"Que cochinada!" Eddie said in disgust.

The water came out a perfect rusted brown. he let the water flow for a bit until it finally turned "clear." At least, as clear as it was gonna get. Eddie and Dorian heard footsteps from upstairs...and dust was falling from underneath that persons footsteps. Loud squeaks and squeals could be heard from someone coming down the stairs. It was Brian, shortly followed by Edden.

"Yay! its you two!" said Eden. " Now we can get this party started."

Dorian and Eddie shot Brian a glanced who looked as confused as they were.

"Well then ill be on my way." and with that the man in the business left.
=======
OOC: forgive my post. i was late and since we arrived before Moses and Bella i had to get that party started.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]
[B][COLOR=Red]ooc: Forgive me for not posting sooner, I've been having major computer malfunctions. I finally get to post, yays! Its crappy, so apologies in advance.[/COLOR][/B]

Eden saw the business man walk out of the house and she felt compelled to follow him. She called out for him and he hesitantly turned around. She told Dorian and Eddie to wait with Brian before going up, they shrugged but did as they were told.

[B]?Excuse me; you said Mr. Quan, purchased this house for us. Do you know what he said exactly?? [/B] The man shook his head apologetically.

[B]?I?m sorry Miss Bourne; I don?t know anything beyond what he told me. He said that you were all very good friends and that he purchased this property for you as a gift and because he didn?t want you all living on the streets. He said that some unfortunate things had happend to you all that he wanted to make life a little eaiser for you.? [/B] Eden nodded although she was very unconvinced.

[B]?Do you have a contact number for Mr. Quan? I lost my mobile you see and I would very much like to thank him for all he has done.? [/B] The business man shook his head again, it was worth a try.

[B]?I?m sorry but Mr. Quan never left me with a contact number, He always rang me.? [/B] Eden thought[I] ?yeah right!?[/I] but smiled anyway.

[B]?Oh, well you tell him that Miss Bourne said thank you very much.? [/B] He smiled and wrote her name down.

[B]?Ok I will.? [/B]

[B]?Thank you.? [/B] Eden said with a smile, the man smiled back and nodded as he walked away and crossed the street to get in his car.

Eden walked back into the house, she was extremely happy to see Dorian and Eddie. She smiled and hurried them up the stairs with Brian in tow before anyone could ask questions. As they reached the top everyone stopped to look who had already arrived, their conversations stopping in mid sentence to observe the new arrivals.

[B]?Dorian, Eddie, I don?t believe you have met Bella.?[/B] Both men smiled at the new face, Bella returned their gesture. Eden retook her seat next to Brian and took a sip of her drink; a few things became obvious to her. This was by no means any sort of coincidence.

[B]?Well I think we can safely assume that this isn?t any kind of strange accident.? [/B] Everyone looked up at her with questioning looks on their faces.

[B]?I agree with Eden.? [/B] Dorian interjected.

[B]?How do you know that??[/B] Mosses asked.

[B]?Because when Brian and I arrived the business man said that [I]Mr Quan[/I] purchased this house.?[/B] Eden?s put particular emphasis on[I] ?Mr. Quan?[/I]. Everyone exchanged nervous looks and started to talk amongst themselves.

[B]?Whoever this guy is, he has enough resources to get us altogether in once place. That alone makes me nervous.?[/B] Dorian spoke again; everyone seemed to more or less nod in agreement. Eden looked over towards Eddie who seemed to have taken it upon himself to explain to Bella everything that had happened before this. Moses also helped to recount the events.

Everyone more or less had their own conversations going, their sprits rose even further when the food arrived. Chinese food, pizza, roast Eden had spared no expense on the food. Whatever people wanted she had ordered for them, the bill didn?t even put a dent in her credit card.

She smiled as she watched everyone have a good time, it probably wasn?t going to stay this way forever so they had may as well enjoy it while it lasted.[/SIZE]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/8826/giftsandcurses6ct7.png[/img][/center]

[SIZE=1][I][CENTER]?So far, the authorities cannot find any clues as to the destruction of the Harlem Academy. Ruthless vandalism has been considered, though many believe there were gun shots shortly before. The Academy had recently been bought, although not made in a public announcement, by Therius Quan, who is refusing to give any statements??[/CENTER][/I]

She switched off the TV, waving her hand over the remote and not even touching the buttons. It was too dark to see her expression in the room; although the man beside her looked nervous enough to know she wasn?t happy at all. Still, she looked over at him, folded her arms, making him even more uncomfortable.

[B]?Why does he have everything everywhere??[/b] asked the nervous man, touching a hand to his sideburns and glancing around the badly lit room.

[B]?My brother is a genius. It?s not my fault your economy is easy to take advantage of, either.?[/B]

[B]?Was only askin???[/B]

She grinned, you could see that, as it was bright enough. [B]?Was only sayin?? beside, you should be with Dani. You promised him, remember??[/B]

Dave looked nervous again. [B]?You?re keeping me here, [I]remember[/i]??[/B]

Another grin. [B]?Yeah, yeah I know. Sorry.?[/B]

She stood up gracefully, still in shadow, and walked past Dave. He was far too tall, she only reached up to his chest and as she passed him she patted him on the shoulder as a friendly gesture, even though all the time she was thinking deeply.

[B]?We need to even things out. This isn?t doing any justice, letting my brother run around and corrupt the New Generation. These new Zodiacs are far different from the rest, I?ve never seen some many screwed up ones??[/B]

Dave rolled his eyes ? Dani was still his friend.

[B]?Quan?s going to have them all kill each other. We keep these dudes alive - ?[/B]

[B]?Dudes??[/B]

[B]? ? Whatever. We keep these ones alive then we can stop this entire thing. They can?t kill Quan by themselves, once Quan?s gone we won?t be walkin? round in circles anymore. We get one good, hard group of heroes, we keep them. Quan?s been killin? ?em off for years ? has to stop.?[/B]

Dave smiled, laughed a little. [B]?You?re goin? to do that, right??[/B]

[B]?Naw, just lend a hand, is all.?[/B]

Wow ? what a mess. Dani felt bad for helping burning the building down? he stood there with his hands in his trench coat pockets, frowning at the firemen still watering down the building and clearing out the crap that had collapsed with the building. It was a shame for all those artefacts, as well.

He shook his head wearily and shrugged his coat on his shoulders properly. He walked away from the mess, into the water that was flowing from the building onto the sidewalk and began his search for Quan again. That man was in so much trouble? though Dani doubted he could hurt him, he was still going to scream in his face.

He began to wonder when things would get back to normal. Normal for him, that is. He wasn?t too keen on doing jobs for Quan anymore, he wasn?t too keen on starting fights with Charles? wasn?t too keen on his powers anymore. A few years ago, when Dani gained his powers, he couldn?t care less. There were times when he was glad, times when he was devilishly arrogant about it? now he was just afraid.

What was going to happen to them all?

One of them had already died. He remembered that? he was only just beginning to feel sympathy for the girl.

[B]?Come on, Quan, I know you?re around? come out and let?s sort this thing out.?[/B] He murmured when he was behind the building. He didn?t expect a reply, of course, though he was still annoyed when he didn?t get one. [B]?Come ?ere you coward!?[/B]

He growled, frustrated, and smashed his hand into the brick wall. His knuckles weren?t strong enough to withstand rocks, they buckled and split yet he kept his hand pressed against the bricks. When he felt the blood drip between his fingers, he sighed, resting his head against the wall.

Whatever was going to happen to them all was probably already happening to him?[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][FONT=Georgia]'Kat!' Eddie thought to himself when he first saw bella.

Eddie shook his head, trying to gather his thoughts. Bella couldn't be Kat. Kat was dead and by his own hands. Even still, Eddie just couldn't shake the feeling that Kat and Bella were somehow connected. Eddies eyes started to swell up as they sat down and he started to fill her in on what had happened.

"How awful!" said Bella. "Why are all these bad things happening to you people?"

"I wish i knew but someone is out to get us, even kill us. Right now it seems like this Quan guy might be our only ally." Eddie said.

"but how come Quan knew about what happened to all of us?" asked Dorian.

"Are you trying to say that Quan had something to do with us losing our homes?" said Brian.

"Im not saying i know but he might have had something to do with it." Eddie replied.

"But if Quan did get us kicked out of our houses. Why would he give us this house?" asked Eden.

Everyone sat there silently trying to figure out why. Eddie was thinking to himself that it wasnt Quans fault he was kicked but then he started to wonder if Quan had somehow made his girlfriend cheat on him. she never seemed like the type to do it.

"Well, we should probably think about it in the morning. Were all probably to tired to think straight right now so why dont we just hit the hay." Eden said enthusiasticaly.

"You know thats a good idea....but where are we gonna sleep." Eddie said. No one said a word. " I figured as much. luckily i have air mattresses in my car from when i went camping. You girls can share one. i have a sleeping bag for myself and the guys will have to fight for the other mattress.... to the death!"

The guys just looked at each other and started laughing. "Man Eddie you crazy man" said Dorian.

"Yeah, i know." and with that Eddie went to grab his stuff.

OOC: 1 week and no posting....for shame. figured id move us along.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#0e1030]Zane had awakened after a rather?uncomfortable night sleeping on a bench. Ever since being evicted from? well what he would call a home, he had no place to live, nowhere to really go anymore. He had to have some time to think to himself. Isolation was the key that he needed, but perhaps he had been out of it just a little too long?

[B]?Urg??[/B] He groaned out sitting upright and trying to crack a couple of kinks out of his back and drain the sleep from his body. [B]?Why does it feel like I have just been run over by a heard of angry bull Elephants and then?wha??[/B] He turned his body around thinking he had seen a silhouette move just past him only to see nothing was there. [B]?Guess my subconscious isn?t the only thing that has been playing tricks on me?[/B]

Zane got up and moved off bench continuing some simple stretches trying to get the remaining kinks out of his body. [B]?I guess I should at least make myself known to the others, I?ve been playing the role of secret ninja way to long?[/B]. He finished dusting himself off and soon was on his way strolling down the sidewalk.

[B]?Now then the only question is where to turn to, since now it seems like we chosen ones are divided into two.?

?I could always go to that Goth kid?s home, it?s not to far away and I guess it?s better than living on the streets.?

??On the other hand I would be going too that Goth kid?s home, he is already a strange enough person as it is, I can only wonder just what it?s like at his house. That Quan guy isn?t any better though, although I think he is more of a ringleader than a player.?[/B]

Zane continued on this though for the next couple of minutes as he walked along the sidewalk idly kicking a can as he did so. No matter what he choose to do, it never ended up well for him. Apparently, that was the price that he had to play for doing such a role? He instead choose to just go with his former idea and go with whatever that kid?s name was. Donnie?Dan?Dani! That was it.

After about a couple of minutes of wondering around, getting lost, getting back on tract and almost getting lost once more. He had, unwillingly, arrived at his destination. He didn?t know for sure if this was the place that he was looking for. Yet it crawled with his essence. Zane lightly raised one of his hands and, swallowing his pride, lightly rapped against the door.
[I]
?Why do I suddenly feel like I just sold my soul to Satan???[/I] The man wondered to himself as he awaited the door to be answered.

----------------------
OoC: Sorry to not have been posting at all lately. Life just really seemed to go Nazi on my out of nowhere.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Juliet was about to rip Charles? head off when a knock at the door stopped her. She didn?t think Dani would have guests over so quickly nor did she think he would?ve come back as quick. Wondering who the person might be, Juliet looked to Charles who shrugged his shoulders and walked to the door.

Standing on tip-toes, Juliet looked through the peep-hole and saw none other than?[B]?Zane?!?[/B] A look of bewilderment hit her as she stood back on her feet. She didn?t know whether to open the door or keep Zane outside. Charles stood there touching a few things here and there but looked up when the knocking started up again. He gave Juliet a look as if to say, [B]?Open the damn door.?[/B] Knowing she couldn?t keep him outside, Juliet threw the door open and stood with glowing eyes and crossed arms.

[B]?Is there something you need?[i]Zane[/i]??[/B]

Now a look of shock and surprise overtook Zane as it had Juliet. He blinked a few times before peering behind Juliet. He found Charles leaning against a counter on his elbows but no Dani. He only assumed the baddies were gathered at the Dani?s house. However Juliet still stood in his way with a menacing look on her face. A cocky leer gathered at the corners of his lips as he said, [B]?Yeah. I need a place to stay. Figured this?d be a better place than Quan?s.?[/B] Zane stepped closer until he was only a foot away from Juliet. [B]?So?are you goin? to let me in??[/B]

Juliet relaxed her face and her eyes had turned to normal. She raised a brow at Zane but allowed him to come in, knowing that Quan probably had a plan for the four; however she watched the man?s move closely, anticipating what he might do. As she did, subconsciously the snakes began to weave their way throughout the house, casting its dark shadows. Soon enough, a large cobra-like apparition stood behind Juliet hissing at the two men who stood in the kitchen area.

Charles looked up and found this creature baring its fangs as did Zane. The two looked to Juliet who had no conscious knowledge of what was behind her. Charles readied himself with fire in his hands but when the snake had taken notice, it weaved closer to Juliet. The only thing that distracted them was what the snake was saying, [B]?Foolish louts. Thou believest harm can become of me? I pity what you do not know. ?Tis an absolute shame.?[/B] What puzzled them further was that the snake was laughing. It made its way closer to Juliet until it finally rested in the same position the snake statue Juliet had was in. Still Juliet stood with, what appeared to be, no conscious knowledge of the situation.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]It was actually pretty early for everyone to be going to bed. Brian liked staying up at night, but figured that since he would be living with other people now, he didn't have much of a choice. Eddie slept in a sleeping bag on the floor somewhere in the entrance area of the house. Bella and Eden took one air mattress and set it up in what Brian could only guess to be the living room. The other mattress was left for two other guys and after that, the only sleep available would be on the antique sofa which was ripped open and missing a lot of its stuffing.
Fighting to the death wasn't really necessary, but it did provide a laugh for the group; something none of them had heard in a long time. Since Brian liked to stay up late, he didn't mind giving up the mattress to Moses and Dorian. He was too restless to sleep anyway.
He went outside and set down on the steps. The chill night air was beginning to get worse, but it didn't affect his thought process. Brian couldn't help but think about everything that had happened recently: All of these people with 'abilities' just happening to meet up in a random location, then get arrested, and then one girl dies just after they see Quan for the first time.
[B]"Cat,"[/B] he sighed. Brian felt like he was the most responsible for Cat's death: He was the closest person to her guardian at the time and he couldn't even keep her alive. He wondered whether she had any family and if they had found out that they would never see their daughter agian. He couldn't imagine what Eddie must have been going through.
Despite all his rage and self pity, he kept coming back to Quan. The name alone was enough incentive for Brian not to trust him. A girl died just after meeting him and then Brian saw him agian just after he was kicked out of his hotel. One thing that he had known from the very beginning is that this Quan character was not to be trusted. However, with the way the group was talking about things earlier, Brian was trying to devise a plan to convince the others of Quan's motives.
[B]"What are you thinking about?"[/B] Dorian interrupted his train of thought. He came and sat down beside Brian. Even though the sun had completely set an hour or two ago, Dorian was still wearing those shades.
[B]"Cat,"[/B] he said. [B]"I can't shake the thought of how she died and what she died for. She was so young. Why should she have been the one to go?"[/B]
[B]"I don't know,"[/B] he replied. It was a fair enough answer. [B]"All of this is so fucked up but we can't go on assigning blame to anyone... Even ourselves. We're here together for a reason and we have to get through it together. How do you think I feel about all this? I'm the one that originally pulled Cat back into the building and that rests on my shoulders. How do you think Eddie is doing? He can't control his powers and ultimately it was his power that ended her life."[/B]
[B]"Don't you mean his curse?"[/B] Brian retorted. Nothing that they could have been given that ended lives could be considered good. Dorian looked like he was about to reply, but stopped. Brian changed the subject. [B]"That's another thing: How do we even know that we can trust Quan. Every time I see him, something bad is either about to happen or has already happened. He doesn't seem very trustworthy and I don't know about you but I don't like being a pawn."[/B]
[B]"Right now we don't really have a choice."[/B] Eden interrupted. Apparently their conversation had woken her up. [B]"I'm not saying we just accept the fact that he's helping us. Personally, I don't think he is, but what choice do we have? We're here and we can't deny the fact that Quan put us here, whether his intentions are good or not."[/B] She finished as she sat down on the steps in between Brian and Dorian
The three of them stayed up for a bit longer, remembering the few moments they had shared with Cat. They actually got so loud at one point, they woke up Moses and he joined their conversation.
Around 1:00 am, Brian finally decided to go to bed on the rickety sofa. He was surprised that a spring didn't come bursting from the coushin. He ran over everything in his head again when he realized that someone was missing. He hadn't really bothered to pay much attention before, but now that he thought about it, that Beth girl was missing.
He remembered that Moses said something about seeing her, so it was safe to say that she was alive, but it still left one question: Where's the 13? It was made clear to the group at the museum that it was very possible to have a thirteenth zodiac and with what Dorian and Eddie described about the fire, Brian guessed that Juliet was that special someone. They left only one.
Brian didn't know about the others, but he was sure that he would be out searching for them first thing in the morning.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]When the blood on his knuckles began to dry, Dani picked it off again so he was still bleeding. If anything, he would lose enough blood and die were he was sitting. He really needed to get over these depressive spells? if anything, he was turning into the emo kids he used to give wedgies to.

A bleeding hand became stupid to Dani, so he wiped the blood off on his pants, frowning at it. He really never understood how a brick wall could actually hurt anyone? it was doing a good job on Dani?s hand anyway. He just waved it again and hung his head.

What he found extremely odd was the crunching sound above him. He ignored it for awhile, until it got annoying, and until he felt something drop on his head.

[B]?Did you want something??[/B]

Dani wasn?t actually that surprised to glance up and see Quan, dressed formally as usual with sunglasses on, eating something directly above Dani and dropping crumbs on him. Dani just groaned.

[B]?I said did you want something??[/B] Quan hissed between mouthfuls of food.

[B]?I really don?t get you,?[/B] Dani snarled and stood up, poking Quan offensively. [B]?You invite Charles to stay at me fuckin? house, you buy a museum an? have us burn it down, you?re the most evil bastard I know, an? now yer eating cheese and onion crisps over me! What the [I]hell[/i] is wrong with you??[/B]

Quan?s nose wrinkled like he was frowning, though you really couldn?t tell because of the glasses and the fact his mouth was full of food. He glanced at Dani?s knuckles for a moment, shrugged, and continued eating. Dani snatched the crisps out of Quan?s hand and snarled, pointing in his face.

[B]?Look, you --?[/B]

[B]?You threw away my food. You?re going to pay for that. Although I suppose I do owe you an explanation.?[/B] Quan said, swallowing his food. Dani narrowed his eyes and waited patiently but the explanation never came.

[B]?Well?[/B] he hissed.

Quan pulled up a blue plastic bag, which continued a loaf of bread. [B]?Not here. I want to feed the ducks at the park.?[/B]

Quan had turned and walked off, leaving Dani with his hand in mid air to poke at the man who had walked off and a puzzled look across his face. [I]Quan wanted to feed the ducks.[/I] Was there poison in the bread or something? Dani shook his head in disbelief and decided to follow Quan?s trail of crumbs down the sidewalk, finding the man walking ahead quite vaguely. Odd.

They didn?t speak when they walked, Quan didn?t even turn his head to Dani. He was sure something weird was going on, now. Quan always seemed like a brick wall of well-dressed, sadistic superiority? now he wanted to feed ducks.

Dani sat at the opposite side of the bench from Quan with his arms folded under his trench coat and looking like a little child who didn?t want to be outside. Quan, on the other hand, was busy tossing pieces of bread into the water below him. Despite the kindness of his intentions, Dani noticed Quan was trying to hit the ducks, as well as feeding them.

[B]?So what?s with you??[/B] Dani muttered.

[B]?Doesn?t matter, I do have a job for you though. All of you.?[/B]

[B]?All of us??[/B]

[B]?Yes, everyone in your house. Zane, Juliet, Charles and yourself.?[/B]

Dani narrowed his eyes. Juliet and Zane were now staying, it seemed. He really, really was not in a good mood now, though he didn?t interrupt Quan.

[B]?We have a situation. Cairo, somehow, knows what we did and should be telling the police sometime soon. I suspect you have a week.?[/B] Quan finished the bread and tossed the empty bag at a duck?s head, causing it to yelp. [B]?I don?t care who does it or how you do it, shut Cairo up.?[/B]

[B]?Are you psychic or somet???[/B]

[B]?Yes, quite. And I know Cairo is going to get us in trouble with the law.?[/B] Quan replied bluntly.

[B]?The police? You?re scared of the police??[/B] Dani snorted.

[B]?Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.?[/B] Quan replied, folding his arms at Dani and giving the goth a disapproving frown.

[B]?Don?t quote Einstein. I don?t like him.?[/B]

[B]?Oh, trust me, he?s a nice guy. My sister used to date him.?[/B]

Dani blinked.

[B]?Yes. Never mind. This is about the time I start paying you properly. Do this for me, and I?ll show you how to use your powers the right way for the wrong reasons. There?s nothing to it, Daniel. Once we get rid of Cairo, we have another problem, which I don?t want you to tell you ?friends? about.?[/B]

Dani narrowed his eyes again.

[B]?As I just mentioned I have a sister. She?s in town. I?m??[/B]

[B]?You?re hiding from your sister??[/B]

Quan groaned. [B]?Yes. She?s very smart and isn?t on my side. Never has been,?[/B] he paused and sighed, adjusting his glasses. [B]?Once we get rid of Cairo we have to get rid of her. She?s the only person on this god-forsaken planet who can actually stop us.?[/B]

[B]?Stop us? wait, stop us doing what??[/B]

Quan smiled, flashing the only side of his personality Dani was familiar with. The man stood up and dusted the bread crumbs off him, glancing down at the ducks in the water? who seemed to be moving oddly slow.

[B]?You?ll see, at some point.?[/B] Quan said with a nod. [B]?I apologise for my behaviour, my sister?s presence in town makes me very nervous.?[/B]

Dani grinned inwardly. Quan was scared of his sister. Quan [I]had[/I] a weakness. He began to consider a way to control Quan, or at least have some control over him. As he considered, Quan gave Dani a disapproving, warning look. Then Dani remembered that Quan had said he was ?quite psychic? and stopped his thoughts of betrayal immediately.

[B]?So your sister makes you act nice and feed the pretty little ducks??[/B] Dani chuckled. Quan was walking off, he glanced over his shoulder and smiled sadistically.

[B]?Yes, she does. Oh, as for the ducks, that bread had poison in it.?[/B]

Dani blinked.[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]Moses sat by himself on the set of stairs that led upwards to the second floor, arms around his knees as he turned himself sideways so that he could sit easier on the narrow steps, his back against the railings. He drummed his fingers against the backs of his hands as he watched the various people around him as they either talked or stayed out of each others way.

That was what he was doing at the moment ? staying out of the others way. He smiled a half smile as he leaned his head back and looked up at the cobwebby ceiling ? everything else in the house seemed to be in quite good condition and almost spotless, even though it lacked in furniture, but the ceiling was?well, it looked like something from a horror film, to put it nicely.

Before he could take his inspection further he turned his head back down ? no use letting his imagination run wild on what the stains could possibly be, right? Quietly he continued to drum his fingers before he sighed and stood, heading back downstairs to a desk he had seen in one of the rooms off the foyer earlier when he had just arrived with Bella.

He dropped into a high-backed chair and stared at the desk, eyes covering every inch of it as he studied it ? there had to be official papers here somewhere, right? Moses reached out and pulled the first drawer open, jimmying it as it stuck after opening an inch. The drawer squeaked and squawked but finally gave so rapidly that he nearly pulled it off its track.

The inside of that drawer was boring, the space taken up by a rusty three-hole-punch, a can-opener and three or for cans of tuna. Moses frowned at them in confusion before he slid the drawer shut again with a bang and pulled open one of the two remaining drawers that were beside his leg ? the contents were equally as disappointing.

Moses reached in anyhow, creating a pile of paperclips, safety-pins and ? much to his pain as he stabbed himself when first reaching in ? thumbtacks of all colors. He thanked his lucky stars none of the thumbtacks were rusty as he completed his piles and shut the second drawer.

The third drawer showed promise he thought as he pulled out a worn folder and ? after creating a space among the piles of tacks, pins and clips ? set it on the desk. When he opened it he could feel the grin on his face grow as it proved to be full ? literally [i]stuffed[/i] full ? of papers. Moses pulled the first paper out and after a quick inspection of it his face fell ? a [i]grocery[/i] list?!

More and more papers were pulled at random from the two stacks before he sighed and jammed them all back into the folder, not paying any mind to whether or not he crumpled said papers; every single paper looked to be either a grocery list, receipt, or ? on occasion ? a math paper.

He dropped the folder back into the desk drawer and shut it before he stood, leaving the piles of clips etc. on the desktop, and with a rueful grin left the room in search of something else he could poke his nose into. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Charles spent the next few hours out on the porch, chain smoking his way through three packs of cigarettes. He watched the smoke, the white stream contrasting with the darkening sky. His knife was free of its sheath, embeded in the porch at his side, where he could grab it easily if he needed to. He was waiting for Dani.

Juliet and the new guy seemed to know each other. Neither seemed to like the other, big surprise there. [i]I don't suppose,[/i] he thought as he took another drag on his cigarette, [i]That Juliet likes much of anything...except, maybe, snakes...[/i] His fingers convusled, twitching. [i]That was just...[/i]

He stomped out his cigarrete, lit the next, puffing out a fresh cloud of smoke. His hands were still shaking. He'd made some excuse, just to get away from that shadow...snake...[i]thing[/i]. And his mind was protesting.

[i]Snakes don't just app-[/i]

[i]Yeah? Peple don't jus' set things a'fire with their blood, either, do they?[/i]

The first part of his mental voice didn't speak again. He zipped his jacket, leaned back against the wall, already feeling through his pockets for his forth pack. It was going to be a long afternoon.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=gray]Dorian barely noticed as Brian left, headed off to bed. This was starting to get too out of hand, things were really being put on the line and how long before it stopped. Quan has everyone, well most everyone boxed up, caged in like a singing canary. Whatever his intentions they aren't good, that was one thing Dorian could be sure of. Dorian couldn't help but ask himself how dark would he have to become to protect everyone and make sure there wasn't another Cat.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]A yawn from Eden brought Dorian away from his own thoughts, [b]"You should probably get to bed too, it is late you know."[/b] He spoke, the words a little rougher than he would have wished, but it couldn't be helped.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"What about you mister, it's late for you too you know." [/b]Eden replied playfully.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Dorian couldn't help but smirk, but at the same time he felt a sense of loss, [b]"I don't sleep much anymore, ever since my powers started I need to sleep less and less, I don't even know if I need to sleep anymore....but I always have said sleeping was a waste of time?"[/b] Dorian finished with a laugh trying to balance out the discord in his tone.[/color][/size]
[b][size=1][color=gray]"I'm sorry, I didn't know."[/color][/size][/b]
[size=1][color=gray][b]"Exactally so don't bother apologizing, plus I never said I couldn't sleep just that I didn't need to sleep, there's a difference ya know."[/b] Dorian smiled, getting a relieved smile back from Eden.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]Standing Dorian slowly stretched his arms above his head, [b]"Well, I think I am going on a early morning ride, you're welcome to come if you want but I wouldn't want you missing sleep either, your call?"[/b][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]OOC: You don't have to accept Eclipse, I just felt like dragging you into the story more ^_^. [/color][/size]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Eddie couldn't sleep that night. His thoughts were haunted by the events that happened in the musuem. He was surrounded by a dark shadow. All around him he could see nothing. Not even his own hands in front of him. The silence was sunddenly broken by voices that started to surround him. He couldn't tell what they were sayingand the voices grew louder and louder until finally there was silence. An eeire silence like the world had stopped moving and everything had frozen in place.
[B]"MURDERER!"[/B]
Those words threw Eddie off. The voice sounded familiar but he could not tell who it was.
[B]"YOUR A MURDERER!"
"No...I'm not.... I'm not a murderer."
"MURDERER! YOUR A MUDERER! MURDERER!"[/B]
The voice get on going repeating the same thing over and over. Eddie's pleas were going unheard. His voice drowned out by the more powerful voice. He covered his ears screaming back at the voice pleading his innocence.
[B]"It's not my fault! It's not my fault! IT'S NOT MY FAULT!"
"Don't worry. i know it wasn't your fault."[/B] Eddie was shocked to hear Cat's voice again. He had only met her that one day but the voice was forever inbedded in his mind. [B]"Accidents happen and i know it was your fault. Please don't worry about me and move on with your life. There are other things you should worry about instead of what happened the other day. Besides if you keep thinking about me. How are you gonna protect my replacement?"[/B] Everything became clear. The dark shadow had disappeared and Eddie could see Cat standing out in an open field. [B]"take good care of her ok? for me?" [/B]
Eddie didnt say a word he just nodded and heard a voice in the distance.
[B]"Hey! Wake up!"[/B]
Eddie jolted in his sleeping bag. His spikes coming out in all directions and nailing him to the floor. He heard a small shriek and feared the worse.
[B]"ARE YOU OK?"[/B] he asked as he struggled get unstuck and turn around.
[B]"Yeah. im sorry i startled you. I heard you mumbling in your sleep like you were having a nightmare or something."[/B]
Eddie manage to free himself and turned around to see Bella sucking on her finger.
[B]"Are you ok?"[/B] he asked sounding worried.
[B]"yeah its nothing just a little prick. That was so cool though. How did you make those spikes come out? have you always had that power? i got mine recently. Can i call you Iceman?"
'that really is her replacement huh.... and i'm already starting off on the wrong foot.....and now i need another sleeping bag.'[/B] he thought as bella kept talking on.

OOC: finally made my post sorry its long playing a little catch up. also i hope you dont mind that i made Bella sound like Cat. just trying to make that connection. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]