OtakuBoards

Weapon of Choice!

Humaru

[SIZE=4][FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=DarkRed]Imagine this, you're in the midst of being jumped by a lot of people and you had to choose one weapon to fight your way out. What will that weapon be? It can be anything.

I would choose the katana to go out in style and like a warrior. Left and right I would cut my way to victory and escape. No one could stop me if I had that weapon. Honestly I couldn't see myself with anything else unless it was an AK-47. Now that would truly awesome to have a katana in one hand and an AK-47 in the other. The sound of the screams of terror and pain would calm my soul and give me a sense of great accomplishment. Of course I wouldn't kill the innocent but if they stood in my way I wouldn't hesitate to cut them down. If that sounds harsh, then oh well. I'm still gonna mow them all down.

Those are my weapons of choice. And let me say I am very pleased with myself on my decisions.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]You don't happen to be very social awkward and teased at school, thus spending your life on the internet playing violent games to be someone you can't be in 'real life', after which you start planning your revenge against everybody at school? Because this sounds like something someone would say who's about to take his father's pistol and start shooting around at his highschool.

Please, correct me or fill me in where I went wrong or missed anything. After all, it's only a theory that's only a little bit more realistic than the little scene you just sketched.[/size]

I must say that this topic of onversation is definately an odd one.... For one its in ''Music, Movies and TV''.. and another is that i agree with Boo saying it sounds like you are going to take your fathers weapon and go shoot up a school... Im just going to leave it with this.

My mistake today on putting this forum in the wrong place. I was in the otaku lounge but I lost my train of thought and I went on and put the forum up. I didnt realize what I was doing until after I put up the forum and was signing out. My bad.

Secondly, I'm not crazy or planning to shoot up my high school. I just like to think outside the box every once in a while. Sorry if I scare anyone out there. Again sorry for the mix-up in putting this forum in the wrong place. I'll make sure it wont happen any more.

[QUOTE=Humaru][SIZE=4][FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=DarkRed]
I would choose the katana to go out in style and like a warrior. Left and right I would cut my way to victory and escape. No one could stop me if I had that weapon.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Except a guy with a gun.[/color]

People are taking this thread [I]way[/I] too seriously. I mean just about everyone at one point in there live dreams of shooting someone or cutting them down with a katana . Only if you act on this is it bad or you have serious issues.

And I have no idea how you plan to fire an AK and wield a sword at the same time :p .

Atom bomb anyone......nobody? Yeah, i know that would take the fun out of a fight.

I think it would be kind of interesting if just people began fighting with the most random things around them kind of like the game Dead Rising. Seeing people throwing lawn gnomes, plowing through people with a beach umbrella, and that random neighbors we know in real-life who actually owns a broadsword, just fighting randomly would be priceless. A tragedy, but priceless.

edit: long needed typo fix

This is an awesome topic! Me and a friend were randomly talking about our W.O.C.'s just today :animesmil. I'm not sure I understand some of your choices though, the UIM and the atom bomb mainly. I may have been the only one who noticed, but they would kill you aswell as your attackers, defeating the purpose entirely.

Anywho, my weapon of choice is either a cane sword (for those who don't know a cane sword is a sword blade, consealed in a walking cane, with th head of the cane and about 5 inches as the handle) or a nice gentelmanly rapier. I like swift smooth weapons, meant for a businessman with sword fighting exp. lol.

[quote name='Infinite Balance'] I may have been the only one who noticed, but they would kill you aswell as your attackers, defeating the purpose entirely.[/quote]

I'm fully aware of consequences of my actions. But i want to be original in my self-defense. When was the last time you heard a man saved himself from muggers with a bomb? But seriously, thank god bombs are very illegal.

[quote name='Infinite Balance']Anywho, my weapon of choice is either a cane sword (for those who don't know a cane sword is a sword blade, consealed in a walking cane, with th head of the cane and about 5 inches as the handle) or a nice gentelmanly rapier. I like swift smooth weapons, meant for a businessman with sword fighting exp. lol.[/quote]

I see someone has a sense of style. :cool:

[quote name='Humaru][SIZE=4][FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=DarkRed]Now that would truly awesome to have a katana in one hand and an AK-47 in the other.[/COLOR][/FONT'][/SIZE][/quote]

[color=crimson]Equally awesome is the fact both of those weapons require two hands to use well. Granted perhaps in this situation you, for some reason, have learned a one handed katana style that inexplicably involves using an assault rifle in the other hand and have some kind of inhumanly strong right arm to hold up the AK-47, steadily aim and fire it (without worrying about recoil) with one hand.

In my next post I'll address the issues with:

*Setting off atomic bombs near yourself
*Imploding the entire known universe to win one fight
*And offer some practical advice for starting fights with lawn gnomes or other random objects.

And I guess my fantasy w.o.c. would be a bo staff. Beating people with sticks I can do already but I need to apply a bit of style to it for it to be cool.
[/color]

[QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson]Equally awesome is the fact both of those weapons require two hands to use well. Granted perhaps in this situation you, for some reason, have learned a one handed katana style that inexplicably involves using an assault rifle in the other hand and have some kind of inhumanly strong right arm to hold up the AK-47, steadily aim and fire it (without worrying about recoil) with one hand.

In my next post I'll address the issues with:

*Setting off atomic bombs near yourself
*Imploding the entire known universe to win one fight
*And offer some practical advice for starting fights with lawn gnomes or other random objects.

And I guess my fantasy w.o.c. would be a bo staff. Beating people with sticks I can do already but I need to apply a bit of style to it for it to be cool.
[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Green][SIZE=2]Yes in fact I have learn to master these two handed weapons with one hand each. It takes a strong will and a determined mind to prevail at something as complicated as the AK-47 katana wind style. And yeah I made that up on the spot. Haha![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink']Except a guy with a gun.[/color][/quote]Like in Indiana Jones where the guy is flashing his swords and he just pulls a gun out and shoots him.

As for myself, even if I picked a weapon I wouldn't know how to use it, so I'd die. So if I'm going to die I choose a bomb so I'll take them all with me. After all if it's the right type of bomb even I know how to simply push a button.

[SIZE=1]Well, if Resident Evil is anything to go by you can't go far wrong with the good ole' pump-action shotgun. Taking heads and torso's to pieces in seconds! Man I love the shotgun!

Following the trend of stupidly chosen utensils of death for a group of assailants (and in some cases one's self and the entire universe) I'd pick the rat-flail. Surely a dire-rat on the end of a stick swung in people's faces will do a hellova lot of damage me thinks! It certainly serves Leo well![/SIZE]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']... A squirtbottle full of AIDS-infected blood. If someone pisses you off, you pushe the nozzle in their mouth and watch them freak out. Sweetest revenge ever.[/COLOR][/quote][size=1]Yeah let's use that on a lot of people at once! The sweet old school crowbar would be even more effective.

Of course I, as a true professional weapon expert, would obviously take the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BFG9000]BFG9000[/url] when I would have to clear multiple people without wanting to harm myself. Either that, or I would use my interactive pocketsized inflatable Johnny Depp look-a-like. Hordes of fangirls equals mass destruction.[/size]

I know next to nothing about real-life weapons (meaning those that people actually use in battle), but if I got to realize my fantasy warrior... well, fantasy, I'd wield two enormous [b]tessen[/b] (metallic fans) which I could use to slice and dice my enemies [I]and[/I] look pretty while doing it. ;D

[COLOR=DarkRed]Same here, I know next to nothing about real weapons as well. But if we can use fantasy like you suggested Sandy, I'd whip out a Summoned Creature Desbreko and sit back and watch the fur fly. I know I would find it entertaining. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']A friend of mine thought of the best weapon ever. A squirtbottle full of AIDS-infected blood. If someone pisses you off, you pushe the nozzle in their mouth and watch them freak out. Sweetest revenge ever.[/COLOR][/quote][COLOR=maroon]Only downside to this idea is the potential *sod-dum-ee* backlash you'd most likely experience...[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']A friend of mine thought of the best weapon ever. A squirtbottle full of AIDS-infected blood. If someone pisses you off, you pushe the nozzle in their mouth and watch them freak out. Sweetest revenge ever.[/COLOR][/quote][SIZE=2]
[COLOR=Gray]
Great weapon. You give him AIDS, he blows your head of with a .346. 6 years later, BAM! Instant karma.

Me, I've always been partial to shaped plasma charges. Ok, sure, it may not have the sex appeal of a katana, or the testosterone-infused masculenity of the AK, but, god dammit, there's not a thing in the world more devestating then getting a face full of plasma. Really wakes you right the **** up. Great thing is that you don't have to be right next to the guy to use em - or accurate. Just find out what city he's living in and drop a few shaped plasma charges out, and he's pretty-well ******.

Although I must admit, I do get a massive erection holding the Peacemaker, which like tripples my Str attribute, making it a pretty slick weapon in its own right.

In any case, nothing quite beats a good ol' lightingbolt on a cold day, that's for sure.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=#9933ff]Sadly enough, I know nothing about guns (except anything I've ever read of Wikipedia), and I'm convinced that the recoil would knock me over or something. So er, a gun of any kind would not be a my weapon of choice (though owning an old fashioned revolver just for kicks would be amusing...).

I suck with all weapons, which is why I wish I could magic to get myself out of a dangerous situation (yes - wizards, witches, all that good stuff). If I lived in a world where I didn't suck with all other weapons, I would love to use a crossbow (okay, or a regular bow) to shoot people from afar. And/or hit them with poisonous/sleeping darts. I'm inspired to use those weapons by Omi Tsukiyono from the anime Weiss Kreuz, and Legolas, from LOTR, who's crazy amazing with a bow and arrow.

Katanas are cool as hell, and I wouldn't mind wielding one, but damn, they're awfully messy. *_*[/color]