OtakuBoards

The Doomsday Redemption [M - LVS]

Vicky

[quote name='Vicky][SIZE=1][B]Allamorph[/B'] - Your post made me laugh, not in a bad way, mind you. It's the speech. It half reminds me of the way my friends talk, and since we're English, then obviously it's a thumbs up. Good job with Faust, considering I had high expectations for the character I am indeed impressed.[/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Arial] Oh good. I [I]was[/I] a tad nervous....

I'm not sure how active I can be at this stage, what with Faust being so ... well, [I]Faust[/I]-like, and not really too terribly concerned with either side yet. I may simply throw in some random home-life scenes, and that reminds me: I should probably thresh out his house, if only for my own references.

And I still want to see what the insofar inactives have in mind.[/FONT]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=Tahoma]There seems to be three active members within the augustine, so when I make my next post I guess i'll include Linett and Helena along with Virgil, or did you want some NPCs involved too Vicky? Or should I bring along Monk and Nef and treat their chars as NPCs until they decide to make a post?[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]vicky, your post made it seem like the Augustine are very aware of the Nicodemus rebellion, and i figured they's probably have some people sent out to dispatch of certain groups. I figure the group I noted was cought very unexpecting, but then the vampire could've never guessed he'd run into another more powerful than himself (or at the very least, more cunning)

If I'm making my character seem to strong, please tell me. I know I made her get hurt a little, but I figure if she could bring down a baddie a room of rebels couldn't, she might be too tough. We could always assume the group was week and that the opponent underestimated her, though. i don't really know how we're guaging the vampires' power. i figured that since the wee one was easily able to tear the heads off of that one group, then there is an obvious hierchy of power among the vamps. I'd like to think that Josephine is very powerful, but wouldn't be able to slaughter a group of high-powered vamps or anything.

your the boss, i'll let you advise.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]I too, will help with the train ambush. Chester jsut realized that he does have a roll in all this. Finally he aknowledges that S.O.L.F. is bad. It's in the thread.

Sorry Vicky, I"m just not used to being in someone elses RPG's. Usually I run by mine alone because of my recent luck in RP's. But I'll try to do better.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I'd just like to say I'm almost done writing the first post for the new chapter, but lately my sleeping pattern (if you can even call it sleeping) has been a bit disturbed. Basically I had a week off school and in that week I was up all night and slept through the day. Whenever I get home from school (wherein I've been asleep most of the time), I go straight to sleep until about midnight where I have to go downstairs or I'll get my internet cut off for 'waking everyone up' ¬_¬

So you can see my problem.

And, also, the start of the Chapter is all yours without supervision what-so-ever. As some people know I'm not home on the weekends (crazy graveyard party this week) so I won't be able to see what's going on.

I'm hoping the first post will give everyone enough to run the chapter themselves for two days or so. As for which characters want to be involved in the actual ambush, I'll also leave that up to you. Those who aren't involved get the grand oppurtunity to cause havoc in the city; I'm sure I'd be pissed off if I weren't able to jump an Augustine transport for whatever reasons.

[B]BK:[/B] You can bring them in if you like, I'm sure they won't mind, but if the rest of the characters don't show their faces by the third chapter they'll be knocked out of the game. So it would be better if you did bring them in for a bit, so their deaths will actually mean something.

[B]FH:[/B] It's alright, although if you're going to be involved in the ambush you may have to wait for my character, not that I'm distrusting, just like you said you're used to running things yourself and if we have everyone leading this part then it'll get screwn up. All the other characters are free to write as they please over the weekend, but I'd levae the actual attack until I get back from the grave.

Also, I'd like to state that anyone worrying that the 'vampireness' is a bit... lacking... in this game shouldn't worry at all. We'll have a nice easy 3rd chapter with room for a lot of dark, ancient, vampiric stuff going on. Ooh yeah.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Premonition][COLOR=DarkRed']i'll just post how Chester found out about the train. If that's okay?[/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Yeah that'll be fine. This chapter or next? Should have the next one up by tomorrow.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Vicky][SIZE=1']Yeah that'll be fine. This chapter or next? Should have the next one up by tomorrow.[/SIZE][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I'm working on it now. Mentor and his whole family, well, better not tell the rest. but Menor's words will tell Chester of the train.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]i know you advised against creating side characters, but Jessica won't be important to the story at all - just something for Josephine to have to cling to, and possibly a place she can return when the story calls for it. Character development is my middle name XD.

Hope you don't mind the image being there. I would have been more subtle like with Jessica's pic (bet you didn't know it was there!) but it's too important to know what the char looks like. Ignoring the moemoe eyes, i wanted to give her a new look that was less clumsy. I felt like an idiot making a girl in a dress without so much as her hair tied back fight a vampire and win -- I'm not that much of a damn idiot anime-tard. I figure this way her fighting prowess will be more effective... (ignoring the moemoe eyes lol)[/COLOR]

*hits self hard on the head* WHY did I have internet problems over the last two weeks? WHY???

I am SO sorry for being unable to post in the last two weeks, when my computer didn't have internet access and I didn't have time to go on another one. So for now I have to squeeze in an hour or two on my laptop in my college's library to post here...

What I'm REALLY asking is, can I still be in this RPG? I signed up and was accepted, but did this RPG go far enough where I'd be unable to catch up? Even if that's not the case, I'm completely confused about what's going on in the RPG (unless I have the time to read two pages of posts...) It would be good if someone can summarize what went on in the RPG so far, so I can get back to posting in this RPG again, because there's no way I'm going to want to quit this RPG.

Oh, and another thing: I already said this in the sign-up page, but Sondra, my character, is in the Nicodemus clan, not the Augustine. And I'll probably say it a third time in the RPG...

So I will start an introduction post now, and HOPE I can catch up to this RPG...

[SIZE=1]*slaps forehead*

No one from the Nicodemus should be boarding Drigg, it's coming from Sellafield which is owned by the Augustine and therefore a highly dangerous place; they obviously get shot down. The ambush will be happening [i]after[/i] the halfway point, wherein our Augustine players (if they wish) [i]will[/i] be boarding to guard the train.

That's why I'm asking everyone to wait for my character. The ambush will not happen immediately, if we take it slowly at first we can speed up to the real action without getting confused.

I think I'm going to have to start getting harsher with the posting now. I apologise if this post starts sounding mean, but the internet sucks at projecting a normal tone of voice.

No images in the game unless they're the chapter images, FF's or anything else that's created on photoshop for the purpose of the RPG. If we need to know what a character looks like, describe them. Just anime images smack bang in the middle just don't look right.

We are indeed going to have to stop bringing so many characters in. They're not going to be that important at all. I allow one of two characters to be created, especially in the first few posts, because no one knows each other and it gives your characters a chance to show off their personality through conversation. But I'd rather focus on getting all the characters involved than getting characters introduced that will not be involved in the RPG at all. So I'm asking everyone if they're going to mention an NPC, keep them to a low of two. The NPC I created isn't going to be mentioned again because after this chapter, Deacon will have other characters to talk to.

No more characters unless you ask me first. You're going to have to refrain from mentioning them from now on because I myself am having trouble keeping up with the story. We've got over ten players - [i]we don't need anymore[/i].

Just a warning to be careful in the next chapter - don't want to get anyone lost. I would advise people to let at two players post inbetween their posts unless it's absolutely nescessary and you're [i]sure[/i] you won't lose anyone in the chaos.

And the next chapter may possible see the death of a character, I'm not sure yet. We'll see how it goes. Be careful, okay? And don't rush.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Vicky][SIZE=1]We are indeed going to have to stop bringing so many characters in. They're not going to be that important at all. I allow one of two characters to be created, especially in the first few posts, because no one knows each other and it gives your characters a chance to show off their personality through conversation. But I'd rather focus on getting all the characters involved than getting characters introduced that will not be involved in the RPG at all. So I'm asking everyone if they're going to mention an NPC, keep them to a low of two. The NPC I created isn't going to be mentioned again because after this chapter, Deacon will have other characters to talk to.

No more characters unless you ask me first. You're going to have to refrain from mentioning them from now on because I myself am having trouble keeping up with the story. We've got over ten players - [I]we don't need anymore.[/I][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]In that case, I feel I must say a word. Or several.

Madeline will not be an issue. She was mentioned as an afterthought, someone to stand in the background should Faust make a public appearance, someone who holds the sterling-silver-suitcase-of-necessary-material(s). I did not intend her to even approach the development or usage of a casual player, much less an involved one. I may use her now and again as an incidental foil to Faust's personality, as I shall be in my next post, but that is all I want her for at present.

If that is unsatisfactory, she will disappear.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Madeline isn't actually a problem. As Faust is of course a main character, his appearances are much more random than anyone else - seeing as I said he tends to appear and disappear. If you remember Quan in G&C, if anyone read that, he was somewhat like that and Quan did have several other NPCs doing his dodgy work. Or from Sands of Time, Protosis who randomly appeared had Marrick running around for him.

Whereas character who don't have Faust's somewhat omnipresence and are constantly in play in the same position they left would be a problem if they had an NPC always near them. It's another character to shove into your post when you're trying to follow along and it's very difiicult keeping in check with the actual players, so I don't want any NPC's hanging around. If they do, it's going to make character interaction difficult anyway.

Can you see where I'm coming from?

(I wish I could see, my room's too bright =/ )

[B]EDIT: Delay on the Chapter. Give it a few hours tomorrow during school.[/b][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I apologize having brought in 2 characters, but one of them got slaughtered anyway. The other was there because when a character gets beat to hell, it's unreasonable to think that they wouldn't get taken care of. I already said how she probably won't appear again, so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm sorry about the image, I'll edit it out right away.

And in any event, I think the reason for the confusion was the lack of where the hell to go. You said 'creativity' and we all went 'erm, okay'. The Augustine had it easy being an oranization and all, but since even your own posts did nothing to unite the Nicodemus, it's only natural that they stray off on their own, and no one wants to read a punch of posts about one guy walking around stalking in the shadows over and over again.

In order forr exposition to occur, there needs to be communication, and for there to be communacation there needs to be more than one person around. Now, I can see where you would be mad at some like Prem for bringing in a truckload of guys, so I'm just going to assume that the bulk of your complaint was toward him, but i think my characters were both justified, especially since one died anyway. I'd kill the other, too, but you know, it's not like everyone has to die.

I think that between your general absense and lack of directing is where the problems occured, not to outright blame you or anything, but I think that a more thorough direction should have been given beforehand. In any event, I can see that things are going to be straightened out in the near future. Prem and I had already planned ahead for our characters to meet near the beginning of chapter 2, and I'm sure your guy will be there too. I don't know what will happen with the others, but I hope that I can still participate in your fine RP for a while.

I apologize for any error in my posting, and if you point me in the correct direction I will follow. Till then...[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Having no home for a few days did make it hard to post, but I did read every post. And I said the first chapter was a test, creativity does mean control, you know. I wasn't directing any anger at all, nor am I telling anyone to discard the characters they introduced, I'm saying try not to bring in anymore and try to leave the presence of the NPCs to a minimum.

To get something clear, my own posts didn't unite the Nicodemus because I didn't want to push myself into anything. Like I said, I was looking at everyone's posts. Some characters interacted with each other perfectly without me having to tell them to do so - that's what I wanted to see. If I had thrown Deacon at a few characters, then it would be unfair on everyone else. I told no one anything at all and Ozy, who would probably have it harder than most considering her character is a human and has no involvment in any clan at all, got it right. I did not tell the Augustine anything at all, but they managed to sort out the entire idea for the organisations themselves.

I'm not having a go, I'm just justifying the lack of direction. I don't like directing absolutely everything - I'm seeing who I can trust with the ideas of the game, seeing who I can let half of the storylines fall on and seeing who can bring them out the most by themselves.

Obviously it's very hard, because you can't talk to every character and whatnot, nor is it easy to contact someone and plan things with them. But I don't want to hold anyone's hand in this game - I want people to direct it with me and be a much bigger part of it that just a character. I also want those who didn't find the first chapter interesting or easy to improve, I'd like to think I'm known for giving people chances.

And, also, note Revelation and Andrew. They had no idea. Revelation was at least five days late in getting a sign-up, I think, and even later on posting. As was Andrew, and because of that, both worked together. And I know where there characters are now.

Not a rant or anything, I'm just stating is all.[/SIZE]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']The Augustine had it easy being an oranization and all, but since even your own posts did nothing to unite the Nicodemus, it's only natural that they stray off on their own, and no one wants to read a punch of posts about one guy walking around stalking in the shadows over and over again.[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]There is also the point to remember that it is expected for the Augustine to be somewhat organized already, while the Nicodemus have to scramble to regroup. I sincerely doubt that Sebastian would have bothered to inform the Nicodemean elders of his intentions during the course of his coup-planning and forming of S.O.L.F.; you see what I mean?

I see no problems with the current scenario development. If the Nicodemus were already organized and prepared for this situation, it wouldn't make much of a story, eh?
[QUOTE]Originally spoken by [B]Dori; [I]Finding Nemo[/I][/B]

[FONT=Arial][I]"Not much fun for little Harpo."[/I][/FONT][/QUOTE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]There is also the point to remember that it is expected for the Augustine to be somewhat organized already, while the Nicodemus have to scramble to regroup. I sincerely doubt that Sebastian would have bothered to inform the Nicodemean elders of his intentions during the course of his coup-planning and forming of S.O.L.F.; you see what I mean?

I see no problems with the current scenario development. If the Nicodemus were already organized and prepared for this situation, it wouldn't make much of a story, eh?
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]That's exactly what I mean. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just saying that if our characters aren't with other characters, they have to be with someone, and that's where NPCs come in. Vicky, I'm not saying your doing a bad job, I like chapter one a lot, I'm just saying that you can't complain about NPCs if they were necessary to the plot of chapter one is all.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial][B][U]Note:[/U][/B] This was actually supposed to be post #39, but I opened another window and forgot about it. Oops.

----------------------------

[quote name='Vicky][SIZE=1']Madeline isn't actually a problem.[/SIZE][/quote]
I didn't think she would be, since I believe our thoughts on Faust's activity are aligned.

As far as the resemblance to Quan, Faust has no reservations about doing his own work; I think of it more along the lines of a self-imposed Prime Directive, without the stringencies. He doesn't involve himself immediately simply because he sees no particular reason to, though he [I]is[/I] insatiably curious by nature, to say nothing of his curious nature itself. (If that one has you flummoxed, then you begin to see what I am after.)

I thank you for the small liberty afforded me.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Chester's family was killed. Yes, his grandma is dead too. But we still have that nerd at Big Ben. Don't know what to do with him though.

If it's okay with Vicky, I'll keep him. But if he's not able to stay... Chester will kill him.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma]I figured four was a better number than three, and I don't know where Monk is, so I threw in a handy dandy little NPC on the Augustine's side from the SOLF. Lemme know if anything should be changed, if not then the Augustine are jus bout ready for some action.

[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Just to make sure everyone doesn't think I'm quitting, there'll be a post tomorrow. And if there are any inbetween mine, one on Friday and again on Sunday (providing I'm at home).

There's still room of course for everyone to post now, feel free to post something tonight if you like.[/SIZE]

Ohh, how I wish my internet was working within the past few weeks... The problem's fixed now--now I can post here whenever I like--but this RPG already progressed way too far for me to understand anything that's going on. I [i]wished[/i] I could be in this RPG, but I am sad to say that it probably won't even work out. Nobody seems to know I'm even here anyway, so... I suppose I'll have to quit the RPG, if that's all right with everyone.

Yes, and if I quit, you can all ignore that one pointless post I made in the RPG.

[SIZE=1]If anyone has a chance to post now would be good - I'm trying to get things back on track however I'm having trouble because of the IRL crap.

Nefertimon, hang on a sec, for Allamorph in fact. He's come up with a pretty brilliant idea involving your character that could work. Don't think about dropping out yet alright? ^_~

Premonition, there isn't actually anyone to kill (not important characters anyway) as of yet, and I'm not sure there will be in this chapter. Only the few on the train that will possibly die in the blast. But, if you want to wait until the next chapter (which is going to have a much darker, personal theme) then there'll be a lot of free killing if kept under control. And yes, Drigg is a group effort from the SOLF.

Apologies for the lack of direction in this chapter and lack of posting. But, if someone wants to post before tonight which I'll be posting that'll be fine.

Right now I'm going to try and get this chapter done and have a slightly free chapter until everyone's comfortable then we can take on missions like these easier.

Sound good?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Don't hold your breath or expect anything good but I'll see what I can do about whipping something up. I've been planning on it for a while now, especially with Revie having last posted to give me some direction. I'm easily distracted though, so you may get nothing.

I'll try my best though! ^-^

[B]EDIT[/B]

Nevermind, it's up now. Sorry it's a wee bit short but some post is better than no post right?[/SIZE]