OtakuBoards

Thinking of the Future

Darren

[SIZE=1]Lately, I've felt like my world is getting progressively smaller. I'm officially a senior and will start school back up in August. And then only 10 months later, I'll be heading off to college.
It wouldn't be so bad if I could have the comfort of family or friends close by, but it's a full 24 hours drive if you go nonstop to where I want to go. and if you knew the bum little town I'm from, you'd know that hardly anyone actually leaves...
It feels so surreal to think of all those little kids that I knew way back in 2nd grade and how in one year, we'll join the ranks of those who came before us and most likely, we'll never see each other again.
I'm also worried because I'm not a very social person; I can't make friends very easily, although I have several "accuaintences." And then there's always the fear of being unsuccessful. God, I have no clue when it comes to my future and it's depressing when I think about it. I know most people don't have a clue when they're a senior in high school, but for me I think it's really worse. Everything I want to do has a high probablility of failure; probably less than 10% actually make a living out of it...
So naturally my life at home is plagued with phrases like, "find a failsafe," or "Something to fall back on." I know it's just to keep me okay when I'm all alone, but it feels like lack of encouragement.

[I]Anyway, onto the discussion:[/I]
[B]1)[/B] What grade are you going into after this year? Are you graduating? Or did you already graduate? If so, what year?

[B]2)[/B] Are you, or were you, worried? What do you plan to do with your life or are you just as confused, (and in some cases, scared) about the future as I am?

[B]3)[/B] Did everything work out in the end? Or was there some sort of hinderance that kept you from going or doing what you wanted to?

[B]4)[/B] What sort of advice can you give to someone like me? (Someone in high school who is freaked out of his mind)[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]1. I do not know what grade I'm in technically. I am finishing up my second year of community college. Probably in another year or so, I can get my AA degree and transfer to a four year.

2. I was worried. Last year was a hard transition. I didn't really start to work hard in my classes till winter quarter of this year. I am somewhat scared, yes, but at least now I have an idea of what my major will be.

3. Well, everything is somewhat working out now. I am just boggled down with work at the moment that it is not even funny. One hinderance that I have is procastination. Bad, bad, bad!

4. Keep a stiff upper lip. Remember that you are there to study and not for friends or parties. You can still have friends and things like that, but AFTER your responsabilities are done. Work hard, eat healthy, get enough sleep, and keep a positive attitude. And study, study, STUDY[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Darren][SIZE=1][B]1)[/B] What grade are you going into after this year? Are you graduating? Or did you already graduate? If so, what year?

[B]2)[/B] Are you, or were you, worried? What do you plan to do with your life or are you just as confused, (and in some cases, scared) about the future as I am?

[B]3)[/B] Did everything work out in the end? Or was there some sort of hinderance that kept you from going or doing what you wanted to?

[B]4)[/B] What sort of advice can you give to someone like me? (Someone in high school who is freaked out of his mind)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]1. I'm currently leaving 10th grade and will be a junior next year.

2. I'm worried that I'm going to fail my Geometry class, and I'm fairly certain I will. My dad told me that if I fail one class, he will take away my internet access, and all my video games for the duration of the summer. I doubt he will, but if he does, I will not hesitate to kill myself :o I am mostly worried about my future. I need to follow my dreams, but I don't know how. If I can't, I may as well me dead... I can't figure out what to do. At this rate I'm going to turn into a hikikomori >_<

3. Not far enough to decide yet. I guess you'll know if, sometime in mid-June, i suddenly stop coming XD

4. Erm... you want advice from [i]me?[/i][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Darren][SIZE=1]
[B]1)[/B] What grade are you going into after this year? Are you graduating? Or did you already graduate? If so, what year?

[B]4)[/B] What sort of advice can you give to someone like me? (Someone in high school who is freaked out of his mind)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]It's funny, you're feeling exactly as I am right now.

1) I'm in first year of college (UK college, not US. We're different here). I have two more exams next week to finish off the year. Then, on the 18th, I start second year work though technically I won't be referred to as a second year until September, when we come back from summer. After second year I'm off the Uni (US equivalent of college).

2) I know exactly what I want to do, to an extent where I've been able to budget my monthly allowances for living based on average pay for the job I'll be qualified for. Call it obsessive, but I enjoy planning so far ahead. I know the Uni I'm going to, and know I'll come out of college probably over-qualified for the course (I'm taking two more subjects than I need to).

However, saying all that, I'm scared. Scared because I won't be living in this country anymore, won't have my friends or family right there for support. But more than fear, I think I'm excited. I like big changes.

3) Well, everything seems to be going well so far. But I've been slacking on revision for these last two exams, which probably doesn't bode well, but I can't find the energy to care just yet.

4) Not much, seeing as I'm feeling exactly the same. =p I guess the only thing I can say is what I've been thinking: If what I do makes me happy, then that's all that matters. Life will run its course. (It's all about [I]ka[/I])[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]
2. I'm worried that I'm going to fail my Geometry class, and I'm fairly certain I will. My dad told me that if I fail one class, he will take away my internet access, and all my video games for the duration of the summer. I doubt he will, but if he does, I will not hesitate to kill myself :o I am mostly worried about my future. I need to follow my dreams, but I don't know how. If I can't, I may as well me dead... I can't figure out what to do. At this rate I'm going to turn into a hikikomori >_<
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I know how you feel, I've been down that road before...but in college only. I had to pay off tuition for the classes I failed as well as my books for that class. Just try to ask for extra credit, and work hard in it. Get tutoring if you have to.

If you do get your internet and video games taken, it is not the end of the world. You can go to your friend's house to play video games and go online. You can even go to the library. If this happens to you, just think of it as a learning experience and try harder not to screw up next time.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Japan_86][COLOR=DarkRed']If you do get your internet and video games taken, it is not the end of the world. You can go to your friend's house to play video games and go online. You can even go to the library. If this happens to you, just think of it as a learning experience and try harder not to screw up next time.[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Well, see, I don't [i]have[/i] those friends, lol. And I don't think they'll let me watch anime in the library :p I can't even imagine how my summer would turn out - knowing me, I'd break down and at some point, something extrmely drastic wwould happen, like me running away or killing someone. In any event, since my parents have never even [i]grounded[/i] me I don't trust my dad to make the punishment as severe as he promises. I will be deep in some **** though, but chances are I'll just ignore whatever my dad tells me and go on as I please. I honestly don't give a **** how he thinks I should live, lol.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Georgia]1) [U]What grade are you going into after this year? Are you graduating? Or did you already graduate? If so, what year?[/U]

I'm going to be a senior. I'm graduating next year, like you.

2) [U]Are you, or were you, worried? What do you plan to do with your life or are you just as confused, (and in some cases, scared) about the future as I am?[/U]

I will admit to being afraid of the future but I find it so exciting to have new challenges. I'm confused because I can't settle on one thing. I want to speak many languages, I love forensics, I love carpentry, I love drawing, 3d art, ANY KIND OF ART <3, I love history... I can keep going? So yes it's very stressful. Many students in colleges change their major at least once. You have to find something you love, and as long as you love it you will strive to be excellent and being excellent means good jobs. It's very hard to find jobs for artists so I'm thinking that's what you want to be? I only read what you've said and nothing else. Well think of the bigger picture maybe? Like computer design and stuff like that. :)

3) [U]Did everything work out in the end? Or was there some sort of hinderance that kept you from going or doing what you wanted to?[/U]

I have yet to do what I want to do. I believe that the only thing that can stop me, is myself.

4) [U]What sort of advice can you give to someone like me? (Someone in high school who is freaked out of his mind)[/U]

Take your time. Like I said, many students in college change their majors once. Go what is in your heart and if it's something that is hard to find (but worth it) make sure you have a backup plan. Don't be afraid of failure. It makes you who you are.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Darren][SIZE=1]

[font=comic sans ms]1.) I already graduated. 02. Heh, I can see my classmates shouting "02". I almost didn't graduate though because at this point I didn't care. (from the 11th grade to the 12th, I stopped caring.)

(2, 3, and 4) Because I didn't care, I decided to take a year off, (bad move) but was job searching so I could start saving up (helping out to pay for college). And that's where things went wrong because I haven't been able to get a job, or I should say that nobody would call. (To this day, I still don't have a job because of this low job thing that's going on in Michigan)

Year after that (all the way up to 2006) I was going to go to Michigan State University or University of Michigan, but I was being held back because of financial issues. Now I'm just going to go to a community college (which I should done from the get go) for computers. (Not my major but I'm undecided.)

My advice to you would be, if you're thinking about taking a year off and you have a chance to get into college. Go to college 1st then take a year off. (or just don't take that year off at all) [/font]

[QUOTE=Darren][SIZE=1]

[color=dimgray]
[b]1)[/b] I'm going to my Senior year of high school, so I'll be class of '08.

[b]2)[/b] I am very worried. I'm already worried about how I did on my SAT IIs today, and will be worried as I study for the SATs this summer. :/ And also, I'm worried if I'll get into any good colleges or not. I figure if I get into a top university the opportunities for me to explore my future are endless, so mostly I'm just worried about getting in.

[b]3)[/b] Not my Junior year grades, lol. Worked my butt off in some of my classes and I ended up getting a C in one class and a low B in another. Today sort of bit me in the butt also, as my studying for the SAT II Lit didn't pay off well and I'm incredibly disappointed. (Whereas I didn't study for the US History test and it was incredibly easy. -_- )

[b]4)[/b] I'm in the same place you are, so there's no experience to draw on, heh. But as for your future, explore your options and find out what you really like. Whatever you want to do should be things you get involved in at college, and pursue it if you really are passionate about it. [/color]

[size=1]1) I'll be a freshman in college come September. I just graduated May 25th.

2) I'm only vaguely worried about my own academic inadequacy. I'm going to a school where everyone is extremely bright, so I'm afraid I'll be destroyed. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do, but I have a pretty good idea the general direction I want to go to.

3) Well, I have yet to hit a roadblock to my progress. First it was the SAT, and I studied extremely hard for it. My efforts paid off, and I got into my dream school.

4) My advice to you: Don't shy away from things that have a low rate of success! BE that 10% who make it. BE the success story. High hopes and lofty goals are exactly what you should strive for. And if you're not 100% certain what you want to do for a living, that's totally fine. You have time to explore in college.

Oh, and for the love of god, don't take a year off. People do that and wake up one day only to realize that they're 30 and don't know where their life is going. Keep pushing even when it hurts like hell.[/size]

[quote name='Retribution][size=1']Oh, and for the love of god, don't take a year off. People do that and wake up one day only to realize that they're 30 and don't know where their life is going. Keep pushing even when it hurts like hell.[/size][/quote]

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1]WELL SAID! I've seen too many people say, "Oh I'll take a year off" and they just never go back... it's really sad and then they regret it in the future.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Indigo][B]1)[/B] What grade are you going into after this year? Are you graduating? Or did you already graduate? If so, what year?

I don't know if I'd call it a grade since I'll be working on my doctorate. I'll be starting that this fall since once I finish my two classes this summer I'll get my Bachelor's degree.

At first I was, but then I had something happen unrelated to school that got things out of whack and made it hard to get back into school. It wasn't a matter of confusion but rather one of needing to drop everything until it was taken care of. Now that I'm about to get my first degree as well as having put in quite a bit of volunteer time in my chosen field I'm no longer worried or scared about the future.

You could say that since everything is working just fine, in spite of getting off track for a while.

[B]4)[/B] What sort of advice can you give to someone like me? (Someone in high school who is freaked out of his mind)

Most of the people here have already given pretty good advice, just don't give up and if you feel you need to take time off, don't. Or rather don't completely take off. I've often made sure to take summer off or to have a semester that's less stressful by cutting back on the number of classes. It's just as effective and yet keeps you in the mindset of studying and doing your school work.[/COLOR]

[size=1]I am the least ambitious person I know. I have absolutely no plans for the future, I believe it destroys the whole "live in the moment" vibe that I enjoy so much. So when people start asking me about what I want to do with my future, I get sort of weirded out. I just don't like it.

Currently, I am going to be heading into 10th grade, a sophmore in high school. So I still have a few years. But, anyway, I honestly have no motive or desire to go to college. People tell me that is the dumbest thing I could do, especially because I'm "gifted"... or whatever. :p
But, you know, I figure... what's the point of wasting four years of my life, and all of that money? Especially when I can make the same amount of money doing something even easier than a job I'd get because of going thru college. Bartender, anyone? Haha.

I really enjoy writing, but I have no idea yet if I'd be able to make a stable career out of that. And, really, I'm not so worried about that.
I honestly cannot see myself getting a normal job, and working for the rest of my life. I am not that sort of person. If I ever get married, I just want to be a house wife. And I am totally serious.

People think there is something wrong with me because I think this way. So, apparently, I'm going nowhere really fast. Yay. :)

... Therefore.... I wouldn't say I have any advice for you. Sorry. XD[/size]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]1. Just finished my freshman year in high school. It wasn't as hard as I expected to be, but it's hard alright. Graduating seems so far away from now, but I expect it to be near soon, somewhere around the corner.

2. Worried? Hell yeah. Stuff like this is part of being a teen. We kinda ponder about the future and the present, and reminisce about the past a little bit. Don't be scared of the future or whatever it may hold in store for ya. Accept whatever that comes and make the best of it. Just remember that you always have the decision to change and shape that future into whatever you want it to be.

3. I'm a pretty lucky person though. No matter how bad I think I do, everything seems to work out in the end. Doesn't even have pertain to school. Things like losing important stuff, divorces, and dates. In the end, I just do enough to get by. I guess thats how you have to look in this world.

4. Don't just think. Think and do. I remember graduating from junior high school and missing friends. But I also met new ones at high school. Thats how life is, a interaction between people. Sometimes you lose and gain some. If your really close with some, keep in contact and talk regularly. This'll keep you're stress levels low.[/COLOR]

[color=crimson]1.) I graduated a year early.. two years ago. I took the last two years off. Got a minimum wage job, kind of lived out in the world for a little bit. Saw other peoples lives, took in a taste of what it was like. Grabbed a girl, chilled with new people, did my thing.

Now, see, minimum wage jobs suck. With enough effort and dedication in a cruddy job you can max out at a common entry- level job with a college degree. So I applied to colleges last December and got into a pretty slick, private college. They are tossing 50k at me to go too so, hey. Not too bad.

Contrary to popular belief I did not wake up when I was thirty and not know where my life was going. I don't know who you are or what your personality is. Taking a year off can put people into permanent hiatus mode. Others simply take a year or two off. If you've got a good deal with a college already then just go. If you're lost, just do your cores and get a feel for things.

Something will jump out at you eventually.

2.) I was worried maybe a couple of years ago. I didn't jump right into college because I didn't know what the **** I wanted to do. You should worry and then take action. Sitting around worrying and focusing on worry does nothing to alleviate the worry. Don't be too hasty, but don't procrastinate either.

Me, well, I'm going to get a degree in English and be a writer. I'm an alright writer. I enjoy fantasy and clockpunk kind of stuff so we'll see where that goes.

3.) No, not really. If it works out in the end is up to me. And you, and you, and you, and you. A whole lot of what goes on can and does start with you. Outside influences never cease but, hopefully, they don't screw you over either.

You can screw you over better than anything else though.

4.) There aren't many golden rules to this kind of thing. Quotables such as "You can screw you over better than anything else" only give part of the picture, one that I see. You'll get your own quotables.. and if you have a kid someday you'll probably say most of them to that kid. He'll probably hate you for it too.

Keep a clear head, it's not too much of a race. Going to college is always better than not going. If you have the means to, even if your finances blow, it's a blessing. Minimum wage jobs aren't enjoyable or worth the effort involved. The student loans, the work, the effort of getting higher education ends up, over all, paying off much more than just shrugging it off.

High school might have blown but you only got to do it once. College is a similar thing. The education is important but there is also plenty of people you can meet and befriend there. It's the kind of thing that everyone will talk about.. stories about roommates, this one time my professor said this and so on. Those moments are just going to occur in that four or six or eight year span of time you spend there and.. that's it.

If you like what you do, that's always a good thing. But if what you do makes tons of money usually you can grow to like what you do. That kind of situation is mostly up to your personal philosophy. For example, would it reward you more to teach kids and love it or be an important I.T. guy and loathe your job till you drive home in your Lexus to your HDTV with surround sound.

Fear is not really an enemy. You're not fighting Nazi Germany. It's a companion. A companion in a realm of unfamiliarity. Just get familiar with it and it'll become as low key, hazardous and annoying as high school did or your future career will and so on. Roll with the punches.

Have some fun too. Fun should never die. If it does you won't be too much of a person. More of a robot. Nobody likes a robot with a good degree. They're dicks.

It's up to you pretty much. Different views on how to approach things. Just gotta take what you want to take.[/color]

[font=tahoma]1) [b]What grade are you going into after this year? Are you graduating? Or did you already graduate? If so, what year?[/b]
-I shall be entering what would be considered my fourth year of college after the summer. Ideally I will be graduating by next summer. College has been a bit rocky for me only as it pertains to the preservation of my credits since my transfer. I received less then what I had hoped upon transferring to my first choice college, though it shouldn't be a problem considering I can take a couple of summer or winter classes to fill up my requirements.

2) [b]Are you, or were you, worried? What do you plan to do with your life or are you just as confused, (and in some cases, scared) about the future as I am?[/b]
-Confusion is something that I thought myself devoid of since my first year of college. It's always been a fork path between whether i wanted to enter into film/media to enhance my knowledge and chances of someday in the future to put my written creations on the screen in some form. Writing is my true passion and I've always wanted nothing more then to see my stories and ideas brought to life. This is my dream goal.

The other path is to my aptitude in Psychology, which I already have 16 credits in. This is more of a fullfillment of my greatest intellectual interest, I love the ideas and methodical thinking of psychology and the theories that dare to explain that which normal thinkers dare not touch. This path yields a greater reliability for financial success, yet not the lifestyle I wish to live, one that would come with my primary goal. It also does not come with the kind of recognition I want for my name, it may seem foolish to a lot of people but my ideal career has me in the spotlight and I can't ignore that. I know Dragon Warrior especially understands the way I feel when it comes to this, as his aspirations are similar.

Ultimately, I want to be known and remembered for my intellegence, imagination, and ingenuity. Otherwise known as the Three Is (no relation to Kurt Angle's, for those who know what i'm talking about). Writing and Creating are my true passions, this is how I want to make a difference in the world. Lately though, this has been seeming more and more further away from reality. So saying that I am devoid of confusion like i once thought I was would be an utter lie. It seems almost childish to me that I can't seem to make up my damn mind, especially considering that i'm already at the end of my college years. Coming out of high school and not knowing is another story and perfectly understandable. I suppose my standards for myself and my desired way of living is just exceptionally large.

3) [b]Did everything work out in the end? Or was there some sort of hinderance that kept you from going or doing what you wanted to?[/b]
-See above. All it really is, is a conflict of how I wish to live my life and what i wish to be known for. If i wanted to walk the more definite path for my financial future and for my family, then i'd most definitely choose to pursue a degree in psychology. I could make as much of a difference in people's lives this way i'm sure, but not on the scale that i truly want. The main conflict is that of listening to my brain versus listening to my heart. The ideal solution to this is to get them on the same damn page and have my brain start supporting my heart.

4) [b]What sort of advice can you give to someone like me? (Someone in high school who is freaked out of his mind)[/b]
-Stop freaking and slow the pace. That's my advice. It doesn't seem like it to you, but from someone who has gone through high school, and is almost done with college, the transitional period as well as your first couple of years of college is an extravagent amount of time to figure yourself out. Spend your time deliberating and figuring out all the sides of what you want, how you want to live (your lifestyle, where you want to live, family, etc), what's in your best interest (money, fame, recognition, making a difference, etc), how you want to be seen in the future. All of these are important. My problems stemmed from my refusal to believe there was dissonance between what wants to drive me to succeed, whatever you do, do not assume that you are immune to change. Form your resolve and let it be tested, don't decide you want to do something without knowing that you enjoy doing it unconditionally. The hardest part about a person making this kind of decision is trying to get all of his/her priorities straight and on the same page. [/font]

Well currently I'm finishing up my masters degree. If all goes well I'll get that either this fall or next spring. Then when I'm finished I'll be moving to another university to get my doctorate. So I've already graduated from High School and College once and I plan on doing so again.

Not really, I knew pretty early on what I wanted to do. I was worried briefly last year when I was in a serious car accident resulting in a broken leg. I had to take several months off since I couldn't play at all until I healed up. Now I'm back into school again and other than that brief delay things are going well.

So far things have, other than the brief delay I mentioned in the previous question.

[B]4)[/B] What sort of advice can you give to someone like me? (Someone in high school who is freaked out of his mind)

Don't freak or give up. And most of all as others have put it, don't take time off other than the standard summer before fall begins. A fair amount of degrees require the same general education classes so you can start there as well as trying a few things you think you would like. Personally I found College to be much better than High School, but then most music programs in High Schools are pretty lacking.

Anyway...another thing to consider, don't be put off if you don't completely love what you're doing. Every major is going to have it's ups and downs so if things get a little hard don't let it stop you from continuing. Too many of my friends have done that, didn't like part of their chosen field and quit. If for the most part you love what you are doing, stick with it and ride out the times when it frustrates you. It will be worth it in the end.

[QUOTE=Nonentity][CENTER]the future, eh...

[IMG]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x213/mase987/smart.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/QUOTE]
[size=1]I know, it's crazy how our perceptions of the future are so different than what they actually are. That funny picture of the car looks like something that would be described as 'futuristic' but in reality it's very impractical. I imagine that in a few years the kinds of things experts say we'll be driving in 20 years will be completely different than what we end up with.

1) I already graduated from high school a while ago (03) although I am still attending college during the Fall and Spring.

2) I'm just as confused now as I was when I graduated. I think that some people have a very clear idea of what to expect when they come out of high school, but there are those of us who take much longer. There are times when I'm worried, but I have enough confidence in myself and my abilities so that it's not a huge concern. You just have to have faith that everything will turn out, I suppose, and if helping more conrete long-term goals is helpful so be it.

3) I'll let you know how everything turns out in the end when I do, heh.

4) The best advice I have for you is to use your newfound freedom to learn more about yourself and what you want to do. Some people are kind of forced into the path they will follow for the rest of their life, and there's no reason you can't go out and explore the world while you figure these things out. Try to have some fun along the way, too.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy][size=1']I know, it's crazy how our perceptions of the future are so different than what they actually are. That funny picture of the car looks like something that would be described as 'futuristic' but in reality it's very impractical. I imagine that in a few years the kinds of things experts say we'll be driving in 20 years will be completely different than what we end up with.[/size][/quote]

[url=http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m318/khalira/?action=view¤t=MATTE-POST-APOCALYPSE-V03.jpg]Are you implying I'll never see the post-apocalypse sun rise? You have shattered the dreams of a young, innocent bystander...[/url]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkOrchid]1) I'm a Grade 9 Freedom Fighter. I will graduate when Supreme Leader Charlie Bin Laden lets me.

2) I have faith in Jenova and Sephiroth! My death in their name shall be Great and Glorious! You shall never find true meaning in life until you dedicate it to the Church of the One Winged ANGEL!

3) On the Day of the Reunion in which we all join with the Great Mother Jenova, all will be well...and very good. All others will DIE!

4) Come...join us. Negotiate with the evil Grape Ape for the release of innocent freedom fighter Engel! Only a true warrior could possibly understand the glory of fighting in the name of Sephiroth! The Grape Ape is just a lowly infidel who picks on those who have the TRUE FAITH! He doesn't understand the true sacrifice we're willing to make on behalf of Engel and all Jenova's Witnesses world wide![/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Neuvoxraiha][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkOrchid]
Only a true warrior could possibly understand the glory of fighting [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Ah, 'twas those very words that got me through high school. I was very timid as a child, and was picked on when I first entered 9th grade. My father (hardcore millitant kind of guy) told me those very words, followed by "If you don't stand up for yourself, you'll get walked on the rest of your life." I walked in one day, and just threw down with one of the bullies. I walked away much better off than he was, too.

In a way, you could look at all your problems like this, Darren. To only way to overcome them is to stand up to them; otherwise, they'll walk all over you.[/color]

[QUOTE=Nerdsy][color=deeppink]I walked in one day, and just threw down with one of the bullies. I walked away much better off than he was, too.
[/color][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]That's one usual way friends are made over here. Back in high school I made two of my best friends after we got into a big fist fight. One i saw the next day, we gave each other a pound, said our beef was dead and jus started hanging out after that. The second one, the guy I fought walked by while someone else was getting in my face. One of his friends came in and cheap shotted me and the dude i fought before came in and evened the odds for me. Hardly ever did you see grudges held if it was a one on one fair fight, almost always there was respect between people afterwards. Though I typically do what I can to avoid fights.

[/font]

[i]1)[/i] What grade are you going into after this year? Are you graduating? Or did you already graduate? If so, what year?

Hmm, I'm class of 2011.

[i]2)[/i] Are you, or were you, worried? What do you plan to do with your life or are you just as confused, (and in some cases, scared) about the future as I am?

I was very worried about being a freshman in high school and all, but after talking with some of my older friends who've been through college and all, I feel pretty confident.

[i]3)[/i] Did everything work out in the end? Or was there some sort of hinderance that kept you from going or doing what you wanted to?

Well, its not so much that I have a problem that is really stopping me besides that I have something I like to call NDS. Which would happen to stand for Not Dedicated Syndrom. I know I need to do something if I want to succeed, just not dedicated to the thing enough to care :o

[i]4)[/i] What sort of advice can you give to someone like me? (Someone in high school who is freaked out of his mind)

Well, I'm not very much in your situation, but I can only say that you should stop yourself from having NDS. If you really want to go to college, then you should dedicate yourself to it. Also, follow the known rule, business before pleasure.

[color=crimson]1 i'm becoming a senior next year. it wont be a big change for me, because most of my friends are seniors from last year. of course, that means they won't be there, but i can handle it.

2 nah, i'm not worried. my friends tell me senior year is a piece of cake. i'll just sit back and breathe easy.

3. well, i'm not at the end yet ROFL

4. have fun, dont take things too seriously. avoid drama, and just chillax.[/color]