OtakuBoards

Food Addictions

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Hi, my name is CHW and I've recently over the past four years become increasingly addicted to green tea and anything remotely green tea related.

Examples of this include the giant cannister of iced green tea mix that my mom bought at Sam's Club because I asked her too (I'm drinking a big glass of it right now) The fact that the Japanese resturaunt down the street from the nursing home I work at has this absolutely divine green tea cake with whipped cream frosting and a cute design in green tea powder and I always buy 2 slices of it when I go there for my Salmon Teriyaki lunch. And my withdrawl symptoms from the green tea lattes and frappacinos at Starbucks. (I'm saving up for a passport, amusement park tickets, a trip to Toronto and stuff for my car)

So yeah, I have a green tea addiction. And I'm hoping that I'm not alone with food addictions. So please share your own so I don't feel so alienated.[/color][/font]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gummy Candies.

Gummy bears, gummy worms, gummy fish (read swedish fish), jujubees, dots, ect.

If I don't eat my 'Carnuba wax, gelatin, artificial colors and flavors' often enough I get really, [i]really[/i] irratable... Worse then when I quit smoking (or when I quit tobbacco for that matter).

[color=deeppink]Lemonade is delicious. When I start drinking a can or bottle of it, I have to exude [i]effort[/i] so that I don't drink the whole thing in one long chug.

I could easily go through a few cases a day. Luckily, I've got pretty good willpower when it comes to shopping, and so far I've stuck to about a case a week.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink]Lemonade is delicious. When I start drinking a can or bottle of it, I have to exude [i]effort[/i'] so that I don't drink the whole thing in one long chug.[/color][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Around a year and a half ago I had the most severe lemonade addiction. Whenever my family went grocery shopping I'd get like 10 of those 50 cent 2 litres and I was the only on ewho drank them - i'd carry them around with me everywhere I went (sans school) and burn through a bottle a day. (yes, my eccentricities are truly innumerable :p)

I don't do that anymore - now my brothers and I pretty much only drink Mountain Dew, simply because my parents keep buying it. we tried mixing it up a few times since MD aint cheap and we burn through it like it's nothing, but my parents always forget and just buy more MD. Between the three of us we go through 1 a day, though since summer started it's been closer to 2.

I can't remember the last time my pee had color XD[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Green][FONT=Garamond]I have a really bad sweet tooth, so I either have to have my m&ms, dark chocolate bar, or ice cream. If I don't have some kind of sweet at least once a day I get cranky.

I used to also have a McDonalds chicken nuggets addiction. I use to eat that with thr sweet and sour sauce almost every night for dinner and never get tired of it, but I lost that addiction a couple of months ago. I still love the nuggets, but I don't eat them as often.[/FONT][/COLOR]

This is a recent addiction... It might only be a craving, but I can't help that. I've wanted some Bananna Pudding with Nilla Wafers for weeks... And as many times as my mom said she was going to go out and buy the stuff for me, (and one of my co-workers even said she would make it for my birthday a week ago) I still haven't gotten it!

Swedish Fish and Nachos with Jalapeno pepper slices. Not at the same time mind you. But lately I've found those Swedish Fish tasty. And normally I don't even like Jalapeno peppers so I'm a bit confused as to why they seem to taste good on nachos.

I'm sure in a week or two that will change since I've yet to find a food addiction that was permanent. Well other than fresh strawberries with nothing on them. I like those at any time.

[FONT=Tahoma]Food, period. I love food and I love eating. Ask me in 20 years when my supernatural metabolism and ability to stay in good shape through it all is gone and I may say differently, but my taste buds will probably still be on my side...so not too much differently. lol

But in any case...specific addictions...Quiznos turkey sandwiches. Turkey ranch and swiss or smoked turkey. Love em, used to order one or two a week. I love turkey sandwiches in general, but those are the best. I used to have an addiction to vanilla coke before i tried to stop drinking soda.[/FONT]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Thank God I'm not the only one here. While I'm still confessing food addictions I'd like to add PF Chang's Orange peel shrimp (No other place can make orange peel shrimp like they can. I'm practically addicted to just the resturaunt because of that particular item and should just find a 12 step program for that and the green tea addiction.) and the Chicken Ceasar Sandwhich from Panera Bread.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go wipe the drool off the keyboard then go back to work.

[/color][/font]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]...and the Chicken Ceasar Sandwhich from Panera Bread.
[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] BEST. SANDWICH. EVER.

From Panera, at least. :] I like Atlanta Bread Company more, but the Chicken Caesar sandwich from Panera is very yummy. [/color]

[FONT=Impact]Dear god....All these delicious foods. Unfortunatly, my food addictions are much simpler than some of the foods mentioned. I'm hopelessly addicted to Pizza and Soda. It doesn't really matter what kind of either it is; if its there, it'll be in my mouth shortly. And they're good, too. I won't even pretend they're not, and neither can you.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]i just bought a large bag of bar-b-que falvored sunflower seeds, and I eat them one at a time. I will be eating these nonstop until this bag is empty, and then I will use beef jerky to calm down from the renumeration. This will be an arduous struggle.[/COLOR]

Food addcition huh?........Pie is definately that best answer for me. Why? Because one, I'll have a huge craving for pie whenever I smell it or see it. I like pies of all kinds, so it doesn't matter what kind of pie I see or smell! And it's been going on for a very, very, very long time! :-) And also because I'm the Pie Overlord!!!! Mwahahahahaha!!!!!

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Freakin' subway sandwiches, man. I don't know what it is - obviously, there's a lot of things to love about a sandwich. It's customizable, hand-held, the perfect size for biting, all kinds of good stuff; but I've had two all-meat-and-cheese subs virtually every day for the past six months. Can't get enough of them - get some blackforest ham and some Mexican smoked turkey in there with Genoan salami and some bacon and you've got yourself an awesome lunch.

Another thing I'm partial, but not addicted, too is poutine. I know that very few places in the world have this dish, but sweet turnbuckle of Christ it's good. Take fries, deep-fry em' in lard, put them in a bowl. Than take cheese curds - which are another thing that's pretty rare in most places -and put them on top of this pile of french fries... than cover the whole mess in thick gravy. Enjoy. (Seriously, if you don't have cheese curds where you live don't even try to replicate the amazingness of a poutine.)[/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]I've been obsessing over rootbeer floats for some reason lately. I think it all started with the commercials for Wendy's and Sonic's new floats and I just started craving one. I had two this weekend alone, hah.

I've also eaten vegetarian bacon sandwiches pretty much every day for the past week. It hardly counts as an addiction though, since there's not much else I can eat.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Oh wow. I'm in love with a few things.

1. Wendy's. Geez oh pete. Wendy's is the best fast food joint out there. Every time I go there (which is sadly about every other day...) I get a medium number six combo with a diet coke. That's the spicy chicken sandwich... amazing!!! Also, their fries are the best in the world!

2. Chicken & Ranch Wraps at the place where I work. Made with chicken, with wing sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, ranch, & a three cheese blend. I get mine breaded with hot sauce & no onions or tomato. Yummmmm. They're the best ever.

3. Diet coke. I'm literally addicted. I gave it up for lent this year but had to go back to it because I was getting massive headaches... oops!

4. Oreos. Gaah. Best food on the planet. I made up a song about them when I was little, but I don't remember it now. Anyway, they are basically [I]incredible[/I]. :D

I like food. I'm the skinniest fat chick I know.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Diet Mountain Dew. I love it, I could easily drink a few two litre bottles of it a day if my mom bought that much, Im drinking it right now, in fact. With every other can I wonder how long it will be until I get a brain tumor from all the nutrasweet :animedepr .

[FONT=Arial]Caribou Coffee Granola Bars. Holy crap.

I used get these all the time when school was still in, since they were sold in the gas station across the street. They are INCREDIBLE. I have a really bad craving for one right now. I could definitely eat the hell out of some vanilla latte granola.[/FONT]

I think it's safe to say I'm addicted to any sort of sour cream and onion potato chip. A couple of weeks ago I scarfed down a whole thing of Pringles sour cream and onion chips in the space of a half hour or so, and I didn't hear the end of it from my siblings, especially after I confided in my sister that I really missed those chips about an hour or so after I ate them. Last time I look to [i]her[/i] for sympathy! :(

Also, I worked as a dishwasher at a hospital restaurant a few years back, and they had the most delicious hash browns I ever tasted. I swear to God, whenever they had any leftovers whatsoever, I always cleaned them out. I really, really, [i]really[/i] wish I had some of those right now... *cue taunting*

Oh, and garlic bread. I would eat that 24/7 if I could. Alan will back me up on that.

EDIT: Cherry Starbursts, too. <3

Dry Cheerios are the one thing I will never get tired of. Everything else waxes and wanes in my affections--peanut butter, Honey Bunches of Oats, raisin bagels, Kraft macaroni, even Reese's cups--but Cheerios alone are forever.

(With the possible exception of crepes with Nutella.)

~Dagger~

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue]OMG! I'm addicted to where I work which is Schlotzsky's. We have some really good sandwhiches. I swear I've gained some weight from eating our food. Chipotle is also very addictive. I love their Fajita burritos. I'm also addicted to Oreos, much like taperson, I just can't get enough of them. Though I love Pocky and will go through an entire package of them in like a day. Its ridiculous isn't it? :animesmil [/SIZE][/COLOR]