OtakuBoards

Meteo City 2 (*HV3*)

RicoTranzrig

OOC:
Big surprise everybody! I've got Writer's Block!:D

BTW this takes place before Iris reaches Meteo City...

IC:
Pi and Arta are driving in the Zophar desert. Far away, they see a vehicle moving in their direction. Once they get close they see that it is a deer.

Pi-*After passing by it* I've seen some weird stuff in my life, but this is a on a new league!

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=darkblue]Woops...hey, Sere...I'm really, really sorry I jumped on your character...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[i]Soaring through the night sky...Selen wakes up holding the little boy while Chole comforts him and her...[/i]

Selen: Chole...

Chole: What?

Selen: Do you see what I mean...?

Chole: He's had a tough life...actually, both of you...

Night: I still dont' see them...*looks around the surface*

Selen: Keep looking...hey, are you tired...?

Night: Not at all...

Selen: Yeah, I've had a rough past...now look at me...

Chole: And now, something's happening to our species.

Selen: *Sigh*

Chole: We're gonna save Meteo City...

Selen: That's some task...assuming that there are any hybrids left there...

Night: Isn't the mayor a hybrid?

Chole: He's probably gonna get killed too, am I right?

Selen: Yeah...perhaps...

Chole: How's the boy?

Selen: Resting fine...but it's cold here...*tries to get up*

Chole: Your ankle...

Selen: It's been like that...don't worry about it...

Night: You want me to land?

Selen: Yes, please...

[i]Night finds a nearby building and makes a landing on the rooftop...[/i][/COLOR]

[color=indigo]OOC: I'm kinda lost in what our charecters are doing but I will attempt to post...just erase it if it doesn't make sense Rico--HC

[i]Night, Chole, Selen and the boy land on the roof. Selen's ankle is swolen to twice its normal size. The boy begins to wake but Night sings him back to sleep so as not to alarm him.[/i]

Night-So what do we do now Chole? I think we should find the mayor. If we can keep him safe there might be hope for us after all.

Chole-I agree with you if we can find the mayor we might be able to get clued in about what is going on.

Selen-What's the point of looking for the mayor, it will just put us in greater risk...the norms will be looking for us

Night-The Mayor is a symbol in Meteo City, he has the respect of the hybrids and the norms. I doubt the general population of Meteo City is aware of what is going on, They'll listen to the mayor and support him...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by stormwing [/i]
[B]could someone brief me? tell me where i am? but:demon: if you forgot about me... heads will roll... [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=royalblue]You are........currently in Meteo City. Mike and Iris [me] are sitting outside the city, waiting for Chole to drop by. Revelanar and Rena [my charge] are sleeping next to Iris and Mike. Chole, Night, and Selen are somewhere in the city.........Liam is somewhere in the city......lalala.........I think that's about it. :D[/COLOR]

[i]The Mayor stood at his window in the darkness of his office. Almost everyone had left City Hall; only the cleaners and some underpaid, overworked staff remained in the building.

The Mayor stood there in silence, watching the traffic swarm past on the streets below. In the distance, he could see the gigantic AH1 (Air Highway 1), the primary point of travel in and out of the city. It was an enormous stucture, which stretched its many long pathways and intersections for miles in all directions above the city. The highway itself was rarely crowded: it had eight lanes of traffic on each side, making for a total of sixteen lanes altogether. It was a marvellous sight to behold; a sight which the Mayor had fond memories of (he had cut the ribbon on its opening, some seventeen years ago).

But the city seemed to have changed since that time. The Mayor had often been credited with bringing lasting peace to Meteo City, which, throughout its long history, had seen everything from segregation of hybrids and humans to all-out civil war.

Things seemed calm now, but the Mayor didn't feel connected to his Government anymore. The weekly status reports which he recieved failed to show anything noteworthy -- despite the fact that he'd signed into law a bill which would have provided millions of dollars to city hospitals, none of the money seemed to be doing anything.

The Mayor had a feeling that this money was being wasted on beaurocracy, but nothing more. Little did he know that his own Director of Health & Human Services was funneling those millions of dollars to a city-funded project of "species-cleansing"...

The door of the Mayor's office opened slightly. The Mayor turned around to greet the visitor.

A rather short man in a black suit stepped into his office: it was the Director of Health & Human Services.
[/i]

Director: Hello, Mr. Mayor. You're still here?

Mayor (sits down at his desk): Yes, I've been busy today. What do you want to talk about?

Director (sits down in the chair opposite): Well, I'm concerned about the current spate of hybrid-related crimes, to be honest.

Mayor: Crimes? But crime isn't your area.

Director: Yes I know, but, well...I think we may have found a solution to the problem.

Mayor: Oh?

[i]The Director opened his briefcase and produced a large document with the HHSD logo on the cover. He sat it on the Mayor's desk and closed his briefcase again.[/i]

Director: This is for you. A full scientific report on the strange increases in crime.

Mayor: I don't understand -- what does your department have to do with city crime?

Director: We believe that the increasing crime rate is a direct result of the hybrid gene pool. That is to say, we feel that hybrids have an inherent gene which makes them more prone to crime and violence.

[i]The Mayor picked up the report and began looking through the pages. He opened a page which displayed a bar graph, showing the slight increases of hybrid crime month on month.[/i]

Mayor: Sure, this is hybrid crime. But what about human crime?

Director (laughs): Well, Mayor...with all due respect, the human crime rate has dropped substantially over the last six months. There is no evidence to suggest a problem there.

Mayor: Well if what you say is true, then what can we do about the problem? Are you suggesting more money be spent in the Public Safety Department?

Director (waves his hand): No, no. Not at all. We have a different solution. We propose to take hybrid prisoners -- those who have already been convicted of crimes -- and use new gene therapy techniques to draw the animal side of their genes away from their DNA.

Mayor: That is possible?

Director: Yes, very possible. We can essentially "cure" hybridism. I'm sure it would make the entire hybrid community very grateful; I know that they would want to live a normal life.

Mayor: That doesn't sound right to me. A "normal" life? Who are we to dictate how hybrid people should live? We've spent years and years forging a peaceful coexistance with the hybrid community in Meteo City; surely we can't destroy that in one single action.

Director: Mayor, please...this is important. We would be doing the hybrids a favor if we did this. I assure you, no hybrid is truly happy with the way things are going. Do you really think they're happy about being half animal, half human? Of course not! This is a solution to many of the city's problems.

Mayor: I don't agree with you, Director.

[i]The Director stood up and took the report from the Mayor's hands.[/i]

Director: Fine. You might be the city's Mayor, but you don't rule our city autocratically. We'll hold this to a vote within Council Chambers. Nobody will support your point of view.

Mayor: I sincerely hope you're wrong. Now if you'll excuse me, I have more paperwork to attend to.

[i]The Director gave a forced smile to the Mayor and exited the room.

The Mayor had always known that his Director of Health & Human Services was a little right-wing, but he didn't realize the extent of his political beliefs.

Moreover, the Mayor sensed that trouble was brewing. He had to keep his Government behind him at any cost, or he'd lose his role as Mayor of Meteo City. But what could he do?

Something had to give; and he'd soon find out how nasty politics could get...[/i]

Dammit... I was looking foward to this RPG for so long... Now that it's here, It's just been going way to fast for me. I leave for a week, it triples in size.. I guess I'm not needed anymore...
Oh well. I'll go write a fanfic or something...

OOC:
SS, don't go At least not permanently...

Flash, you've been since the begining (sp?) of HV. During all of Hybrid Vigor II, you constantly left and re-joined. I hope you do this once again.:)

BTW Raiha you forgot me in the briefing! :D

IC:
Pi and Arta are still heading towards Zophar. After a long trip, they begin to see someone riding a Sand-Cruiser far away.

Pi-Hey, let's close up on him!

They accelerated to max speed and began to close up on the rider. The first thing they noticed was that the rider was wearing a strange cloak.

Arta-:eek: It's the thief!

The thief began to hit Pi's Hover-Car with his Cruiser.

Pi-:flaming: You asked for it!

Pi took out his 'Launcher and fired rockets non-stop.

Pi-:devil: Die!

After 10 more seconds of constant rocket fire, his trigger finger hurt so much he had to stop. After the smoke cleared, the Cruiser was totally disintegrated. The only thing left in front of Pi and Arta was the Thief.

Pi-:eek: How did you survive!?

Thief-Did you think I would be defeated with a few weak rockets?

Arta-Well, one rocket usually blasts a normal person in a million pieces.

Thief-*Takes of cloak and throws it to the ground* And do I look like a normal person to you?

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?

Pi-I've seen that face before!

Pi took out his wallet and scrolled through the pictures. He stopped on the one that read: CYO FORTUNE

OOC:
:devil: Plot twist! Now all I have to do is somehow meet up with the group.

[COLOR=royalblue]*sigh* Ah well, my prediction of people dropping out was true STORMY!!!!!!! HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! :haha: Well, I'll just sit around, and wait for somebody to post something that directly ties in with me and Mike...[/COLOR] :whoops:

[COLOR=darkblue]OOC: Sorry, I've been busy too...shoot...this RPG won't take off and go really active for a while...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[i]Chole sits, huddles in his own warmth...[/i]

Chole: Point to know that the Mayor's wife...is a human...

Selen: You know...that complicates things a little...

Chole: Yeah, it sure does...but no way will she let anything happen to the Mayor without any say.

Night: I kinda see...

Chole: It looks like we've done enough resting in the rain...*Walks over to the edge of the roof* Hmm...I feel someone, familiar...nearby.

Night: Who?

Chole: *Sniffs the air and looks down* IRIS!

Iris: Wha?

Chole: *Jumps straight down* Hey...

Mike: Chole! What happened?!

Chole: I dunno...I got kidnapped...and I broke out...*looks up*

Selen: Maybe we should join him...but I think I'll tend to his boy first...

Night: I'll stay also...

Chole: Looks like they're still resting...

Rev: So how's it been?

Chole: Not bad...

Lynd: You've been in HQ...

Chole: Yeah...I guess you noticed that scene...so, you guys were looking for me?

Iris: Yeah...sorta...

Mike: We were worried...

Chole: Don't sweat it...so are we on for Zophar?

Iris: I guess so...[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]*Liam wanders around the streets, unnoticed by all, their great fear of attack keeping themselves from conversing. As he stands on a kerb he notices two people, a girl and a young boy run into a house, followed by a group of murderous thugs*

Liam: plot thickens. .*walks into the house*

*the group of thugs stand in the hallway, obviously wondering where to look first, Liam walks up in their midst, smiles and says:*

Liam: evening gentlemen :D, how may I help you on this wonderous evening:D?

Thug1: gah?

Liam: is there something you may be looking for? Killer intents maybe?

Thug2: hey its that other kid that we was supposed to look for!

Liam: amazing use of grammar there. did you learn it from your mummy?

Thug2: :mad: get 'im!! *the other thugs line up behind him, ready to 'enjoy' themselves, but from Liam's point of view, this moment was too fortuitous to miss*

Liam: *mumbles* this better work. .YA!!! *a small ball of blackness forms in the palm of his hand, then without warning erupts forth and flies through all of the thugs, killing them instantly before dissapating into nothingness* [/B][/QUOTE]

OOC: i was going to help Sere then ever1 seemed to ignore the post so now i am really confused. .

[COLOR=darkblue]OOC: I thought you might come back again after disappearing...well, It's about time I brought everyone together...well, almost everyone...
~~~~~~~~~~

Selen: Where do you think baby Chole is gonna take us next?

Night: Beats me...I'm his guardian, for some reason.

Selen: Some act of fate...

[i]The vent next to them begins to rumble...[/i]

Night: *Stands up* Who's that?

Selen: *Sheilds boy* No way are you taking him...

[i]A dark figure emerges...[/i]

Liam: Are you okay?

Selen: You're that guy...hey, how'd you get here so quickly?

Liam: It's one of the things I do best...

Selen: Well, thanks...

Night: I'm confused...

Selen: This guy helped me escape from the slums...

Night: Wasn't Chole with you?

Selen: Yes, but we lost contact for about an hour...a lot can happen in an hour.

Liam: Your being hunted...

Selen: Just what I need...

Liam: I have no idea where they're coming from or why...but they seem to be after you and someone else...

Night: Following their tracks?

Liam: Exactly...behind the shadows quietly...they're quick...we can hide, but we cannot run.

Selen: Maybe we should tell Chole of this...

Liam: Chole?

Selen: Yeah, he's down there talking to his friends...[/COLOR]

Liam: *smiles* chole? I haven't seen him and the others for a while. .*walks outside*

Chole: what the. .? Liam?

Liam: so happy to see me?:rolleyes:

Chole: but after the transmission, i thought you know. .

Liam: *blinks and looks down* Another lost their life that night to save me. .

[size=1]Umm, Smokey Joe...do your posts have anything at all to do with Meteo City v3?

Granted, this is my first MC RPG...but even when I'm doing "meanwhile" type scenarios, I'm still trying to keep to the main plot. Your posts don't seem to have a single thing to do with what the rest of us are saying. It really just seems to be Rico, Raiha, myself and Forte who are now keeping the main body going.

I mean I know yours are supposed to be in the past or somethin'...but eh...it's a bit hard to follow on.

I guess you're planning to tie your situation in with the main plot soon...but do it soon, cuz for me at least...it's getting confusing.

I hope that my "meanwhile" posts do not disjoint the story too much, I'm going to let Rico and Raiha carry forward the main story for a couple more posts...I'm doing these posts to build some background, incase someone wants to use that information in future posts.

I'll rejoin the main story again when I understand exactly what's going on lol.[/size]

[b]Meanwhile, still in the heart of Meteo City...[/b]

[i]The Director walked down the darkened corridor of the HHSD building. He had just arrived here after meeting with the Mayor to reveal his plans -- but the Mayor hadn't reacted in the way he'd hoped.

He half expected that. Afterall, the Mayor was just a bleeding heart liberal to him -- someone who spent their life with their head in the clouds. Someone who didn't understand the situation on the ground; the reality of life.

But the Director, who's name was Dr. Mulray, didn't really consider the Mayor's opinions to be of consequence to him or his plans.

Dr. Mulray approached the end of the long, white corridor. At the very end was a large metal door with a retinal scanner on the right-hand side. The Doctor stood close to it and leaned forward -- a small red beam moved over his eyes and the door clicked open.

He went through the doorway and entered a gigantic room. The room was entirely bare; it was white all over and had nothing at all inside. There were no windows, no doors (aside from the entrance door), no chairs, no tables...no anything. Just a plain, bare room.

Dr. Mulray walked to the other side of the room, which took quite some time on his fairly short legs.

As he approached the wall, the only thing visible was a very small red button. The button was equipped with a thumbprint scanner -- meaning that nobody but Dr. Mulray could press it.

Dr. Mulray reached out and pushed the button.

A faint whirring sound could be heard behind the wall opposite -- a sound which became progressively louder.

As the sound appeared to get very close, thin, black lines appeared on the wall. They were gaps -- getting wider and wider. It appeared as though the wall were being carved into large, rectangular pieces.

The rectangular pieces began to rotate. On the backs of the wall were row after row of cryogenic chambers. Most of the chambers were empty, except for one on the end.

The pieces of the wall finally came to a stop -- the wall had effectively turned itself inside out and now, at least 80 cryogenic chambers were sitting fixed to the back side of the wall, which were now facing into the room itself.

Dr. Mulray walked over to the single occupied chamber. The front of the chamber was made entirely of glass -- and the specimen inside was clearly visible.

It was, or at least resembled, the Mayor.

Dr. Mulray smiled to himself.[/i]

Mulray: You are going to help me. You're my solution...the whole city's solution. You and I are going to teach that mayor a lesson, aren't we?

[i]He tapped a finger on the glass. The frozen, blue body inside the chamber stirred a little. The large, slightly deformed eyes opened and stared forward; completely non-blinking.[/i]

Mulray: When you're finished in there...we're going to have one hell of a party. And the Mayor will be guest of honor.[i]

Dr. Mulray's mouth twisted into a nasty little grin -- he was particularly pleased with the way things were developing.

He walked over to the far wall and pressed the little red button. The wall turned itself inside-out again, and now the room was just as it had been before he entered; totally white and sterile, with no furnishings at all visible.

Dr. Mulray walked back to the entrance door and exited the room.

As he exited, the lights went out...and the room was plunged into darkness. This was a room of horrible things, a room of monsters and bloodthirsty, genetically engineered freaks. Nobody else in the Meteo City Government knew about this little side-project (apart from the easily-bribed scientists who worked there), but soon everyone would know. And everyone would be thankful that Dr. Mulray saved Meteo City from a fate worse than death: hybridism.

Little did the doctor realize that his creations weren't as mindless as he thought. They had their own desires. The doctor would soon discover the truly gruesome nature of those desires for himself...[/i]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]OOC:
SS, don't go At least not permanently...[/B][/QUOTE]

Talkin to me? I guess so. Well, I haven't posted in two pages, haven't been mentioned in two pages, so I'll explain:
---------------------------------
[size=1][color=darkblue][i]Back in the orginal scientific facility in Meteo City, several doctors in scubs worked fevorishly, carving the body up quickly. They had to hurry. The patient had been dead for a day now, and the cells were dying. After many hours, they finally started to pull the body apart, inspecting. The camera on the wall turned and focused in on the nurse carrying a small pan carefully. When the camera zoomed in inspecting, crusted bloos could be seen on the four inch raptor claw. As it swirled around, looking at the doctors, the camera focused on the young teenager, and took several photos, for the file dubbed "Extinct"...[/i][/color][/size]
-----------------------------

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]OOC: Sorry, I've been busy too...shoot...this RPG won't take off and go really active for a while...
[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

What what WHAT!? You mean it's NOT active yet!? Man, RPG's don't come like they used to... Way to speedy nowadays..

*Liam watches the others talk into the night. .his own voice somehow. .dried up with bad memories of the past flooding back to him. .He blocks them out of his mind and wanders inside for a glass of water*

Selen: whats the matter?

Liam: *weak smile* nothing. .*walks and gets a bottle of water from his bag*

OOC:
Well James, my posts have a lot to do with HV III. I was going to get Pi and Arta to meet the others back in Celes; but, due to being offline a whole weekend, that chance was lost (since everyone left for Zophar). But I just thought of a post that will help me get in the main plot.
Members of HVII may recognize what I'm doing in this post (Hint: Charlie in the hospital).

IC:
Pi-Cyo!? But he is dead!

Cyo-Do I look dead to you?

Arta-*Looking at him and thinking*

Pi-I don't care who you are! Give me the disk!

Cyo-You mean this? *Takes out the disk and shatters it* I don't need it anymore!

Pi-:flaming: You'll pay! *Runs towards Cyo*

Arta-(Now I remember!) Pi, stop! It's not Cyo! He's really...AH!

Cyo had shot a beam at Arta that dragged her towards him. When she was close to him, he fired another beam which transformed her into some sort of energy, which he absorbed. During all this time, Pi was running trying to stop him.

Pi-No! :flaming: What did you do to Arta!?

Cyo-:devil: She is now part of me. Just as you will too.

Pi avoided the beams Cyo fired and ran towards the Hover-Car. He jumped in and drove away at max speed.

Cyo-*Checks clock* I'm late! Dr. Mulray won't be pleased with my taking so long to get him the copy of the disk. The idiot...

OOC:
Now, in my next post, I'll try to make Pi meet up with the rest...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by stormwing [/i]
[B]alright... umm... *loooong silence* err... wrighters block:bawl:

bring me in somehow couldya??! please!! don't make me beg [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=royalblue]Sure thing Siren......I'll pop you in right now...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen]Rena: ....so...

[i]All of a sudden, a whiring of wings filled the air and Siren hit the ground, as a human again.[/i]

Iris: Hello Siren. Long time no see.

Siren: Yeah...I was winging over the city when I saw you and Rena...

Rena: She even remembers my name?

Chole: Hello...Siren?

Siren: And you are?

Rena: He's Chole....and he's older than me. :D

Rev: *ping* *wakes up* Everybody here is older than you Rena.

Rena: Iris....is he right?

Iris: For once...yes.[/COLOR]