Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
At the moment, I'm listening to the album [B]A Sense Of Purpose[/B] by [B]In Flames[/B].

Everything that's happening in the world today gets me angry, so I help my frustrations out by listening to some heavy music. In Flames is one of several melodic death metal bands from Sweden that I enjoy. This new album is their best one yet (IMO) as it hits the perfect balance between blistering heaviness and nice melodies.
Posted
[FONT="Arial"]I'm currently listening to [B]Mother Earth[/B] by Within Temptation. Just something I ran into while browsing online. Not sure if I like it or not. It does have a nice clean sound to it. The vocals are pleasant to listen to, which is always a plus.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Nathan'][FONT="Arial"]I'm currently listening to [B]Mother Earth[/B] by Within Temptation. Just something I ran into while browsing online. Not sure if I like it or not. It does have a nice clean sound to it. The vocals are pleasant to listen to, which is always a plus.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Ah, Within Temptation, great band. I love 'em. :animesmil

At the moment I'm listening to the album [B]Enigmatic: Calling[/B] by [B]Pagan's Mind[/B], a Norwegian power/progressive metal band whose lyrics are heavily influenced by the [I]Stargate[/I] film and the theories of "ancient astronauts".
Posted
[quote name='Nathan'][FONT="Arial"]I'm currently listening to [B]Mother Earth[/B] by Within Temptation. Just something I ran into while browsing online. Not sure if I like it or not. It does have a nice clean sound to it. The vocals are pleasant to listen to, which is always a plus.[/FONT][/QUOTE]


[color=#9933ff][B]Within Temptation[/B] is my current obsession band and I highly recommend their music. I have [B]The Heart of Everything[/B] and [B]The Silent Force[/B] and I espcially love the songs [B]See Who I Am, Angels, Hand of Sorrow and The Cross[/B] great music.[/color]
Posted
I forget who, but someone recommended I check out the band Apocalyptica. So I'm checking out this song by them: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIit6bzB80g"][U]Apocalyptica-Stroke[/U][/URL] To be honest, I'm not really caring for it, however, it's the only song I've listened to so far. So we'll see.
Posted
[FONT="Arial"]I'm listening to yet another song I found while browsing around online. [B]All Systems Go[/B] by Krypteria. I'm not completely sure what I think of it. So far it seems alright, it makes me think of something you'd hear in a movie during a fight or battle scene. I think I'll forward the link to Crystia since I'm thinking she'd like this song. Or if you see this post here Crystia go and check it out. [/FONT]
Posted
[font=franklin gothic medium]I'm getting into a few things lately, especially stuff I wouldn't normally listen to. I went to put the YouTubes in but I can't get the tag to work properly. Hm...

[img]http://www.allcdcovers.com/image_system/images/2/e/2e23aa017b00105dccdd05f7e9eb5efb.jpg[/img]
[b]MGMT[/b]

Great stuff... slightly retro feel. Very 80's in places. My favourite songs so far are [b]Electric Feel[/b] and [b]Time to Pretend[/b].

[img]http://www.allcdcovers.com/image_system/images/2/6/26d6ed66a564588080ec66eae89a518a.jpg[/img]
[b]Ladyhawke[/b]

Up and coming NZ artist. [b]Magic[/b] is my current favourite. Very nice track.

[img]http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/57/m_19ceac883dee462cae1fcaf00d46cb50.jpg[/img]
[b]Empire of the Sun[/b]

Nick Littlemore of PNAU and Luke Steele of The Sleepy Jackson. Top song would be [b]Walking on a Dream[/b]. Great Aussie band and they debuted in the ARIA top 40 recently I think, so kudos to them. The actual album is all over the place in terms of quality though. It has real flashes of brilliance, but also plenty of filler.
[/font]
Posted
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Currently got [B]Memphis May Fire[/B] playing on my play list. When I first bought their album in the beginning of the year I didn't think much of them, mainly because they're 'screamo', but they grew on me over time and now I really dig them in spurts. Heavy chords, some solid drumming, and in between bouts of screaming the lead singer has good set of pipes in him.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE='.:[ Revy ]:.;787537']What music is blaring your ear drums?

Music that you're jamming to, thinking about a lover to, crying to, moshing to, getting crunk to, anything!

Music sets the mood, what song are you currently feeling?

-----

"Plot for a Little" - [B]Camu Tao[/B] (As heard in the Blood+ commercial on AdultSwim)

[I]I'm not sayin' my body is shameless and I'm not sayin' I'm layin' with Satan...[/I][/QUOTE]

Love Me Dead by Ludo. They are an indie band. ^3^
Posted
Right now I'm listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaDmTBsrMCI"][U]Schumann's Piano concerto op.54 A minor[/U][/URL] The video I linked to is part three, but the rest of it is there if you want to hear it. I just linked to that one since I like that part the best.
Posted
[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"][quote name='Nathan'][FONT="Arial"]I'm listening to yet another song I found while browsing around online. [B]All Systems Go[/B] by Krypteria. I'm not completely sure what I think of it. So far it seems alright, it makes me think of something you'd hear in a movie during a fight or battle scene. I think I'll forward the link to Crystia since I'm thinking she'd like this song. Or if you see this post here Crystia go and check it out. [/FONT][/QUOTE]I guess I've never brought it over... but I have the album that song is on. Heh. So I'd say that means I like it. =P

Anyway, right now I'm listening to [B]Beyond The Surface[/B] by [B]Kutless[/B]. It's not too bad. Not sure if I really like it or not, but it is at least catchy to listen to.
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Only just got my hands on it so I'm absolutely thrashing their music...yes I'm cruel to music.

Currently Thrashing:[B] Marina Gasolina - Bonde Do Role[/B]

They're a Brazilian band, real happy sound. Good to just have fun and party to, cannot get enough of it.
If you're Australian you might recall a certain Bonds ad on TV in which this song featured, while a whole lot of girls danced around in their knickers.
I'm sure it's on youtube.

...you're sick. You just looked it up didn't you?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
Currently I'm listening to the third and fourth movement of this: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUhsLD4Up2k"][U]Clarinet Sonata No. 2 by Brahms[/U][/URL] It's been a while since I've listened to stuff for the Clarinet.
Posted
Right now: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT86_ShMKHU&feature=related"][U]The Mundane & the Magic[/U][/URL] by Dark Tranquillity.

A slightly mellower song for this melodic death metal band, switching between coarse and clean vocals. Some nice piano in here too and some guest female vocals.
Posted
[FONT=Arial]Great song by my current FAVORITE band Porcupine Tree, echoing my sentiments about popular music.

[URL="http://www.imeem.com/people/YQhb9n/music/R_At3Wne/porcupine_tree_the_sound_of_muzak/"][COLOR="Blue"]The Sound Of Muzak[/COLOR][/URL].

For you music nerds out there who'll understand this comment, I really enjoy the intro (which is not in seven, but a two-bar three-and-a-half pattern :animesmil), especially the way the guitar is voiced; and the vocal pedal point in the second chorus.

♥[/FONT]
Posted
[font=trebuchet ms] My friend got us free tickets to a concert with [b]One Republic, The Hush Sound, The Spill Canvas,[/b] and [b]Augustana[/b], so I've been listening to their music.

My Thoughts:

I really like [b]The Hush Sound[/b], but mostly their latest album [i]Goodbye Blues[/i]. "The Boys are Too Refined" is a cool song, catchy. I also liked "Hurricane".

[b]The Spill Canvas[/b] wins the award for most annoyingly bad emo songs: "Black Dresses" and "Self-Conclusion". But I liked their song "All Over You", because it's catchy.

[b]One Republic[/b] is ok.

[b]Augustana[/b] is also ok. I guess.

I am only going to this concert because it's free. lol[/font]
Posted
[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]The Hamsterdance.

...STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT WHAT[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]:moron: Like what???

Hey I was listening to [B]3 Doors down[/B] the self titled album... the new one.

But as soon as I hit up Youtube again I'll be listening to [B]Walk Like an Egyption[/B] by [B]the Bangles[/B][/color]
Posted
At the moment I'm really into Jimmy Eat World's Always Be, I really like it I think its a great song.
Other than that for when I need to dance around my house like a lunatic I have Breaking Benjimin and the Hunchback of Notre Dame soundtrack
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Great song by my current FAVORITE band Porcupine Tree, echoing my sentiments about popular music.

[URL="http://www.imeem.com/people/YQhb9n/music/R_At3Wne/porcupine_tree_the_sound_of_muzak/"][COLOR="Blue"]The Sound Of Muzak[/COLOR][/URL].

For you music nerds out there who'll understand this comment, I really enjoy the intro (which is not in seven, but a two-bar three-and-a-half pattern :animesmil), especially the way the guitar is voiced; and the vocal pedal point in the second chorus.

♥[/FONT][/QUOTE]

If I respect you for nothing else Alla, I respect your taste in music. PT rules. :animesmil

Right now, I'm listening to [B]Numena[/B] by [B]Cosmosquad[/B]. Nice heavy jazz fusion with a bit of an Eastern vibe in this song.
Posted
Listening to OKGo...

I'm not a big fan of theirs, but I'm not feeling too well today and I thought I needed something more upbeat.

Plus, anytime I hear "Here It Goes Again," I always picture the music video and that makes me smile. :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...