OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Heh, I figured that you'd like the [B]Yellowstone[/B] IMAX soundtrack Rach. ^_~ As for the [B]Vltava[/B] from[B] Ma vlast[/B] by [B]Smetana[/B]... I adore that piece. It's my favorite out of the six symphonic poems by Smetana. I have to agree, the wedding march is beautifully done, and I love the basic melody to the piece, it's so beautiful.

Anyway, a short while ago I was listening to [B]What is love, Life[/B] and[B] Rock my Heart[/B] by [B]Haddaway[/B]. Its got a nice sound for eurodance/house type music. I especially like the Life (Everybody needs somebody to love) mission control mix on the album.

Now I'm currently listening to [B]Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E Minor, op. 64[/B], I played the violin when I was in orchestra during High School and though I never went anywhere with it I adored this piece and wanted to eventually learn to play it. So now I just make due with pulling it out and listening to someone else playing it. lol Though I love hearing it performed live the best. :catgirl: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][B]I will Protect You [/B]from [B]Korn's [/B]latest album. It is an amazing song with great sound, and the drums are smashing. Possibly one of the best drum preformances I've ever heard. And I'm also listening to[B] Hold On[/B], [B]Kiss[/B], and [B]love & Luxery[/B].

[B]The Diary of Jane [Acoustic][/B] by [B]Breaking Benjamin[/B]. This is the best acoustic song I've ever heard. It's just [B]The Diary of jane [/B]without the heavier stuff. It has a softer, yet darker mood than the original, and the cello in it is an amazing preformance. If you think Breaking Bejamin is generic, you better think again.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"][B]AFI; "Of Greetings and Goodbyes"[/B]
This is one of my favorite songs off Art of Drowning.

[B]Mindless Self Indulgence; "Clarissa"[/B]
Haha. I love several MSI songs, but this one in particular because one of my favorite shows is Sabrina the Teenage Witch, starring Melissa Joan Hart who was Clarissa. My favorite part of the song goes "If you're so smart, explain this Clarissa, POW! Explain this, Clarissa, Clarissa, pow pow pow." It's so much fun. :]
[B]
AFI; "Kiss and Control"[/B]
Another of my favorites. I think this one in particular really stuck out the first time I listened to Decemberunderground, and though I've taken the time to fall in love with all the other songs, I still hold this one higher than most of them. (I think Endlessly, She Said is tied with it, though).
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Have you listened to Black Audio? It's Havocs side project and it rules. Thats what i am listening to right now.

[size=1]I'm currently listening to a few songs by the band AER, on repeat. To be more precise:[list][*]Nobody To Believe In[*]To Die For[*]A Silent Tragedy[*]Let Down Everyone[*]Ending This Chapter[*]Angel[*]We're Only Human[/list]
Great stuff, really. Greatest thing, is that it's by the band I'm playing in. Ha. Didn't see that one coming, did you? I play the bass mostly, though I might have to play the keys, backing guitar and some vocals too. Most of the songs right now are written by the lead guitarist/current singer. He'll be amongst the best guitarists in no time at all, mark my words.

My favourite songs of this selection are probably A Silent Tragedy and Let Down Everyone. The former has an incredibly great guitar solo at the end that almost made a tear pop in my eye. The latter is just really solid and everything. The sort of music I'd like to bounce and everything to at festivals. :][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I'm currently listening to Immortal Technique.
These are the songs being played over and over again:

[LIST]
[*]Caught in the Hustle
[*]You Never Know
[*]Dance with the Devil
[*]The Point of No Return
[*]Harlem Streets
[/LIST]
The only rap that I actually like for some reason.
[B]Dance with the Devil[/B] is really crazy. :/ And sad.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Lately, it's been basically [B]Octavarium, Systematic Chaos[/B] and [B]Score(Live)[/B] from [B]Dream Theater[/B]. Add to that a bit of [B]Messhuggah[/B], [B]Death[/B] and [B]Control Denied[/B].

As in right now, in this very moment, [B]Smells like teen spirit[/B] by [B]Nirvana[/B]. Ohhhh the memories.

[quote name='vegeta rocker']Have you listened to Black Audio? It's Havocs side project and it rules. Thats what i am listening to right now.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"]Of course! I went through great pains to get CexCells (meaning I had my friend buy it for me so I could hide it from my parents =X).

I have absolutely no idea what I'm listening to right now. I just turned on my radio out of boredom. Apparently the local rock station is doing some kind of Labor Day Countdown (which I think they were doing yesterday).[/FONT]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I've been listening to whatever I can find. My car and my mom's office (she works from home) are dumping grounds for my CD collection.

Right now it's the new SheDaisy CD Fortune Teller's Melody because I had to run out and buy a new copy.

Earlier I was listening to the Essencial Cyndi Lauper. Yes! Yes I was! Don't laugh! I'm a child of the eighties. I remember when MTV still played music! Hells I remember when MTV2 actually played music.

And while I was at work (ie in my car) I was switching between my radio pre-sets and Floggin' Molly's Within a Mile of Home. I could have listened to Kerosene by Miranda Lambert, but I was too lazy to find it in my little cubbie between my seat and the front passenger seat.

I'd go into more detail, but I'm really tired.

Ciao tutti[/color][/font]

My mom has been playing Guitar Hero, the 80's version, all morning.

So I'm jammin' out to good old 80's music! :D And right now The Police are playing. Yuuup.

Otherwise I'd have my head phones in with my Media Player on shuffle and listening the Aiden, Blue October, MCR, Smashing Pumpkins and a crap load more. :P

...and a couple anime tracks from dnangel and naruto. :D

[quote name='banzaiinu1'] And right now The Police are playing. Yuuup.

Otherwise I'd have my head phones in with my Media Player on shuffle and listening the Aiden, Blue October, MCR, Smashing Pumpkins and a crap load more. :P
[/QUOTE]

Oi, the Police. XP

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]As for [B]Aiden [/B]and all the others, they have some good songs. But I despise [B]Smashing Pumpkins[/B]. [B]MCR [/B]isn't that big on me, but hey they do have some really good songs. If only the lead wasn't so annoying. :animesigh [B]Hate Me, by Blue October[/B], used to be one of my favorite radio songs.

Well, after lstening to [B]Three Evils (Embodied in Love and Sorrow)[/B], I have the feeling that this song was played on the radio a year or two back. Odd how I never noticed until I listened to the song 2 times in a row. Guess that means I listened to [B]Co&ca[/B], before I knew it was Co&Ca, weird how things turn out. "Pull ths trigger and the nightmare stops" those were the lyrics that made me remember.

I've listened to that Coheed and Cambria album for so long, I might have to pry my headphones off my ears with a crow-bar. But I don't want to take such drastic measures.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Revolver']Well, after lstening to [B]Three Evils (Embodied in Love and Sorrow)[/B], I have the feeling that this song was played on the radio a year or two back. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Wrong. [B]A Favor House Atlantic[/B] and [B]Blood Red Summer[/B] both had radio play and music videos. Yes, that's probably why they're the 2 shortest and most formulaic songs on the album, lol.

Currently listening to [url=http://www.myspace.com/battlestheband][B]BATTLES[/B][/url] and to be more specific, the song [B]ATLAS[/B]. The song is amazing and espite it's length, increadibly catchy with the super-hilarious... erm... 'singing'. Bloody good stuff.[/COLOR]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]I just got back into [B]Shadows Fall[/B], and, I just gotta say, I've never heard them sound so good. I especially like their song "Enlightened by the Cold", it's just really got a great sound to it.[/SIZE][/FONT]

This week, I've been completely consumed by [B][URL="http://www.myspace.com/alcestmusic"][COLOR="Blue"][U]Alcest[/U][/COLOR][/URL][/B]'s latest outing, [I]Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde[/I]. It's really, really laid back - the most relaxing metal album ever recorded, methinks - and great to just drift off to. Plus, it reminds me of my lady, so that's a plus as well.

I've also been listening to lots of [B]Burzum[/B], [B]Wolves in the Throne Room[/B], and [B]Sworn[/B].

[quote name='Jakehammaren']This week, I've been completely consumed by [B][URL="http://www.myspace.com/alcestmusic"][COLOR="Blue"][U]Alcest[/U][/COLOR][/URL][/B]'s latest outing, [I]Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde[/I]. It's really, really laid back - the most relaxing metal album ever recorded, methinks - and great to just drift off to. Plus, it reminds me of my lady, so that's a plus as well.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]That Kicks monster ***, dude. Once again, you have introduced me to a kickass band.

Was listening to [B]198D[/B] and now [B]One Armed Scissor[/B] by [B]At the Drive-In[/B]. The only album I own of theirs is the compilatio album (go figure) which I only bought cuz it's ZOMG old [B]Mars Volta[/B]. Mind you, the style is nothing alike, but it's still a great album. Closest I've ever come to liking emo (post-hardcore WTF ever), lol. Oddly enough, I'm not much a fan of their more experimental songs in favor of their more upbeat and punk style songs (of course, anything they do is still pretty expermental). OAS is a song I've actually liked since I was a little kid hearing it on the radio, and it was a total trip to find out it was ZOMG Cedric singing it, lol. [/COLOR]

Guest Divine Naginata
I've been listening to Sonata Arctica's For the Sake of Revenge a lot lately. I've always loved this band, and I just got this album. They sound really good live. I wish I could see them.

Heh, more classical styled music of course. Right now I'm listening to The Six Suites for Unaccompanied Cello by Johann Sebastian Bach. It's kind of fun to listen to others play them instead of simply doing so myself. They're among my favorite pieces by Bach. Though a number of his organ works are pretty damn good too. Like the Fugue in G-minor. Heh. [[SIZE="1"]though I'm sure it would put you to sleep DB[/SIZE]] :p

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']Heh, more classical styled music of course. Right now I'm listening to The Six Suites for Unaccompanied Cello by Johann Sebastian Bach. It's kind of fun to listen to others play them instead of simply doing so myself. [/QUOTE]I won't argue that... But then... Listening to you play was me getting to hear someone else play one of the Suites. :p That and I can't play the Cello. Heh Anyway...

*pokes Rach* I so blame this on you. Mentioning Bach and his Organ Fugue's. I just had to go and drag out my favorite one by him to listen to it after reading your post. It's pretty well known but if someone hasn't heard it before: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd_oIFy1mxM&mode=related&search="][U]Toccata & Fugue in D Minor[/U][/URL] Honestly I could listen to that on repeat for a while and not get tired of it. Heh. And hearing it played live? Now I want to go to a concert. lol [/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][B] Now:[/B] Hunting For Witches
[B] Artist:[/B] Bloc Party
[B] Album:[/B] A Weekend In The City

I like this one the most off of [B][U] Weekend[/B][/U] because it manages to sum up what kind of state of mind the people are in at the moment, and it's presented in a disco-y punk rock sound. it's also a good song to skate or dance to.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Olive"]More [B][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Coheed and Cambria[/COLOR][/B]! :twitch It's an obession.

I bought [COLOR="darkolivegreen"][B]Good Apollo I'm Burning Star Four: Vol 1[/B], [/COLOR]and it is definitly not the best it could be. But welcome home sure as hell makes up for it, and it is now my favorite song this week. I also give my hat off [COLOR="darkolivegreen"][B]the Suffering[/B].[/COLOR]

Oh and to make DB happy a bit, I almost decided to buy a [COLOR="darkolivegreen"][B]dredg [/B][/COLOR]CD. I couldn't find Co&Ca at first, but ehn I didn. I might buy a Dredg album soon though[/COLOR].