OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[COLOR="Olive"]Yup. I intend to buy Good Apollo Vol 2: No world for Tommorow as well. I'm going to get the Good Apollo book for English 8 too. I like the beggining to Everything Evil [Accoustic]. The Army of Darkness quote was quite awesome. "This is my BOOMSTICK!"

Welcome Home is another Co&Ca song that falls under the A-ma-zing catagory. For soem reason, the Windows Media Player put SSTB under Alternative rock. It's prog...>_>[/COLOR]

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="Olive"]Yup. I intend to buy Good Apollo Vol 2: No world for Tommorow as well. I'm going to get the Good Apollo book for English 8 too. I like the beggining to Everything Evil [Accoustic]. The Army of Darkness quote was quite awesome. "This is my BOOMSTICK!"

Welcome Home is another Co&Ca song that falls under the A-ma-zing catagory. For soem reason, the Windows Media Player put SSTB under Alternative rock. It's prog...>_>[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The quote was in the acoustic Junesong Provision, ya twit. Anywho, while Welcome Home is great, The Final Cut from the same album beats the hell outta it. Unfortuanetally, those are the only songs I'm all too fond of from the album. Besides, epic and awesome as Welcome Home is, it is nothing but epic frivolousness it's just 'let's see how much climax we can fit into one song' which guess isn't really such a bad thing anyway.

I have rather low expectations for the next album since IMO each is progressively worse, and The Running Free sounds like most of Good Apollo does. I still need to get a new Good Apollo GN sincce the stupid ****ing animal pissed on my other one >_>[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I still need to get a new Good Apollo GN sincce the stupid ****ing animal pissed on my other one >_>[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Olive"]^.^ Now that my friend, is HILARIOUS!

But I happened to love the Running Free. The vocals were pretty gnarly. I agrree with Final Cut, but I liked some of the songs. The Suffering and Apollo's I & IIwere good songs. And The Final Cut did beat the hell oughta Welcome Home. The intro to the album is my favorite of the three intros. I wish they had done a style more of the first two albums though.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Andy'][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]I'm currently listening to [B]War of Ages[/B]. Yeah, they're just this awesome metalcore band that I've just gotten into recently.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I've only heard two metalcore bands that were even remotely tolerable at all: [B]Nodes of Ranvier[/B] and [B]Between the Buried and Me[/B]. And even then... :animesigh

[COLOR="Olive"]Yeah, I completely agree with Jake. Only a few actuall tolerable Metalcore bands out there. I do agree with BTBAM, even though I've only heard them in commercials.

well, I'm listening to Delerium Trigger, whch is one of Co&Ca's best songs. I've been tinkering with WMP9, and have been fixing the info on my bands. It's made music more enjoyable.

The Mars Volta ison now. It's from De-Loused in the Comatorium, and it's pretty good. It's Televators. But it's not as good as DB siad they were. But then again, I can't judge by one song.

EDIT: Well I stand corrected, it got better towards the end. I guess they are good. Don't know if I'd make a habit of listening to them though.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="Olive"]Yeah, I completely agree with Jake. Only a few actuall tolerable Metalcore bands out there. I do agree with BTBAM, even though I've only heard them in commercials.

well, I'm listening to Delerium Trigger, whch is one of Co&Ca's best songs. I've been tinkering with WMP9, and have been fixing the info on my bands. It's made music more enjoyable.

The Mars Volta ison now. It's from De-Loused in the Comatorium, and it's pretty good. It's Televators. But it's not as good as DB siad they were. But then again, I can't judge by one song.

EDIT: Well I stand corrected, it got better towards the end. I guess they are good. Don't know if I'd make a habit of listening to them though.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Televators is their one ballad, and possibly my least favorite song on De-loused. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Like I said, it's not a very great song. Dude, you have not even heard the tip of the TMV iceburg. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Olive"]I'm well aware of that DB, beyond aware. It's good that I listened to them, cause they are good. TMV [I]could[/I] be for me.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1] two of the bands that have piqued my interest [other than [B][U] Bloc Party[/B][/U] and [B][U] Daft Punk[/B][/U]] are [B][U] The Klaxons[/B][/U] and [B][U] Justice[/B][/U] they're like the only good stuff being played on the radio nowadays, I'm actually very tired of that soulja boy and those other lame songs about lip gloss and other repetitive subjects. nu-rave, ftw. [damn the NME for coining that term cos I dont know what genre [B][U] The Klaxons[/B][/U] and [B][U] Justice[/B][/U] fall into.]

- Freeman[/SIZE]

[COLOR="HotPink"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"]I've been listening to alot...of Tarantuloco. It's this nice american hardcore punk/...etc....stuff...band from NC.

Now.. Goodbye, Face could explain them better than I can, since he's friends with the band. But anyway, their music, while very short, is filled with alot of nice riffs...nice single bass action... bass...is there... harsh vocals...gang vocals..
nice lyrics... It's just there. Tis just band you have to hear for yourself.

"Let's Get Serious
Let's Get Married on TV" - Tarantuloco, [I]Chest[/I]

And also..

"Calgary Boy (Soulja boy, Superman Cover)" - I Set My Friends on Fire

That is a sweet song, for a rap cover. It fits in with Tarantuloco's genre, if you add in a hiphop beat and weird metalcore breakdowns at the end.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Right now I'm in a movie soundtrack mood so I'm listening to stuff from the Star Wars series. At this moment it's Vader's theme no less. [URL="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8"][U]Vader[/U][/URL] I've always liked John Williams work for different movies. With the Star Wars and Indiana Jones series being among my favorites. He did a nice job with Jurassic Park as well.

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Okay please don't laugh, but in my car I'm switching between the local radio stations and The Essential Hits by Cyndi Lauper... hey it's a work day and I need something to get me through all these hours. (FIVE MORE DAYS TO FREEDOM!!! )

That doesn't sound bad right? Well I have the Wreckers playing right now in my home CD player. Country pop... who'd have guessed?[/color][/font]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Right now, I'm addicted to both songs of [B]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/B] by [B]Daft Punk[/B] and the one by [B]Kanye West[/B]. I've loved Daft Punk for a long time now, so when Kanye West remixed the song and whatnot, I absolutely love it.

Also, [B]D.A.N.C.E[/B] by [B]Justice[/B] has also caught my ears. Not only is the music video amazing, but the song is all around good in general.

Who knew I would still love the older songs more than the new ones? :rolleyes:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B]Blackest Eyes [/B]by [B]Porcupine Tree[/B]. I am not a bit progger myself but this song is absolutely amazing. Definitely the best prog song I have ever heard. They got heavy riffs in the song but the lead singer has beautiful vocals to almost balance them out. Definitely one of the better songs Ive head this year.

[font=arial][size=1]There were a bunch of people talking about the new Coheed and Cambria album and I'm listening to it now.

The album is a whole bunch of... okay... to me. There is no "Welcome Home" on it, but there aren't any terrible songs on it either. The only song I really care for on it is "The End Chapter III: The End Complete," which starts kinda calm but then it just explodes into a classic metal sound, I want to say Slayer, but I'm not totally sure. I won't even mention my feelings about the name of the song.

I just want to know how they keep Chris Pennie awake while he's playing for them.[/font][/size]

[b]Trans-Siberian Orchestra[/b]
[i]Wizards in Winter[/i]

We are all familiar with the coreographed lights set to this song that took the internet by storm during the winter of 2005 correct?

Apparently it had been spoofed to LoveHina for a christmas special, and made it's way to AMV Hell 4.

Well now having seen the spoof, it is once again stuck in my head and probably will be for some time.

[quote name='Goodbye, Face'][font=arial][size=1]There were a bunch of people talking about the new Coheed and Cambria album and I'm listening to it now.

The album is a whole bunch of... okay... to me. There is no "Welcome Home" on it, but there aren't any terrible songs on it either. The only song I really care for on it is "The End Chapter III: The End Complete," which starts kinda calm but then it just explodes into a classic metal sound, I want to say Slayer, but I'm not totally sure. I won't even mention my feelings about the name of the song.

I just want to know how they keep Chris Pennie awake while he's playing for them.[/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Olive"]wow, I can actually talk about a band without being called dumb. Yes...

Co&Ca, love them. wlcome Home is hardly their best song. Withtunes like Deliurum trigger, IKSOSL:3, the willing Well IV: final Cut, or The Light and the Glass for that matter, however it is still a good song. The Running free is a good song, and has one of my faorite videos.

Well, anyway. Now I will talk about the music form the band with the guys that I hate. A7X's Almost Easy is good, but just meh for me. So was Critical Aclaim and walk, which was hardly as good as the old Pantera song. But I will still buy Avenged Sevenfold. Why? So I can listen to something new, I feel that my music is getting stale. I've been listening only to Co&Ca for hmmm, 2 months now. Almost non-stop. Addicting.

Anyways, I'm getting Now World for Tommorow and Avenged Sevenfold. Bt damn, I need to get Serj Tnkian's Elect the Dead album as well. I will alwyas love this man's work. From SOAD to his solo act; he's one of my favorite music icons.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Olive"]Comes out the 23 where I live. Wiki said the whole kitten-kaboodle got leaked on the web. Editted and uneditted songs. ****** comp O' mine wouldn't be able to listen to it.

DB are you sure you want to buy the album? After all you've said they've gotten prograssively worse. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="Olive"]Comes out the 23 where I live. Wiki said the whole kitten-kaboodle got leaked on the web. Editted and uneditted songs. ****** comp O' mine wouldn't be able to listen to it.

DB are you sure you want to buy the album? After all you've said they've gotten prograssively worse. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Doesn't mean I don't like it. It's true that I've come to almost detest GAIBS4Vol.1 since I listened to it a bit ago and could barely tolerate it, but I'll still give the new one a shot. After all, Face didn't totally hate it. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Olive"]Good Point. GAIBS4 was a dissapointement. I only liked Welcome Home, The Suffering and Willing Well's II III & IV. However SSTB was also a dissapointment, depite the hype pver it. But the songs that were good, make up for every dissapointment that Co&Ca has. Every. Single. One. Dilirium Trigger is a masterpice, its elegent, and it's epic. I could just hug Claudio.[/COLOR]

[font=arial][size=1]I never said that "Welcome Home" was their best song. It was just the only song on Volume 1 that I actually LIKED. AT ALL. Everything on Second Stage Turbine Blade completely destroys that song.

I've only listened to the whole album once, but there wasn't any completely awkward parts in it like chanting "I hope you die right now, will you drink my chemical?" all through a song on Volume 1. They didn't sacrifice the musicality so they could tell their story like they did before. There are kind of bland songs on it, but there always is.[/font][/size]