OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[color=#4B0082]Whoo, free plugging of my videos!

And Sabrina, you can actually just use the DS power cable to charge the GBA SP as well. They're the same voltage and have the same connector.

Once you've played them, I'll be interested to hear which you prefer, Seasons or Ages. I played Ages first, thinking I'd like it more, but it turned out completely opposite. I ended up liking Seasons way more because it has more combat and some cool throwbacks to older Zelda games.

I, too, have been replaying [b]Zelda: A Link to the Past[/b] while in the process of making the previously mentioned videos. This is my 14th time through it, I believe, but it's still fun because it's the [i]best game evar.[/i] And each time I get a little better at it—as if I weren't good enough already.

As I mentioned in the game's thread, I've also been playing [b]Mario Kart Wii[/b] since I borrowed it from a friend. It's tons of fun and may just be the best in the series yet. More thoughts about it (and my friend code if anyone wants to play online) are in the MKW thread.[/color]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]And Sabrina, you can actually just use the DS power cable to charge the GBA SP as well. They're the same voltage and have the same connector.[/color][/QUOTE]Actually Des, no you can't. That's what I first thought, that I could just use the charger for my DS Lite, but the connector is too small and doesn't fit the GBA SP. I did find one that I can get online for about $8 so I'll probably just order it. [/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Actually Des, no you can't. That's what I first thought, that I could just use the charger for my DS Lite, but the connector is too small and doesn't fit the GBA SP. I did find one that I can get online for about $8 so I'll probably just order it. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Ah, the ol' "DS/Lite" switcharoo.

There's actually adapters to fix that. I have one. Of course, the average SP charge cord is only about 2 bucks nowadays.

As For Ages vs. Seasons, I love both, however I prefer Ages because it has more puzzles, which I love.[/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Actually Des, no you can't. That's what I first thought, that I could just use the charger for my DS Lite, but the connector is too small and doesn't fit the GBA SP. I did find one that I can get online for about $8 so I'll probably just order it. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]No, you can. It just needs to specifically be a fatty DS charger.[/color]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink']No, you can. It just needs to specifically be a fatty DS charger.[/color][/quote]That's my point though, I [I]don't have [/I]the other charger, just the one for DS Lite, which does not work. Des knows I have a DS Lite and not the one before that by the way. ^_~[/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]The misunderstanding came from me not being aware that the connector on the DS Lite was changed. (Which still seems utterly pointless to me, unless it's a different voltage.) I still only have an original, fatty DS myself.

I was going to offer to send her my GBA SP charger in exchange for a batch of cookies until she mentioned she found one for cheap...[/color]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I just bought my friends PS3 so I'm actually playing a lot of games right now. For cooperative games I'm playing [B]Resistance: Fall of Man[/B] with my brother and [B]Army of Two[/B] with my friend. Surprisingly, both are great. Resistance has a much more compelling story with average co-op action while Army of Two makes it fun to work together and the ability to customize weapons gives reason to push through to the end.

I've been playing a lot of [b]Uncharted: Drake's Fortune[/b] and [b]Half-Life 2[/b] for single-player games. Again, both are awe-inspiring. Half-Life 2 has clever but not too hard puzzles and a really intriguing story while Uncharted has better action and [i]almost[/i] as good a story as HL2. I only wish that the building climbing in Assassin's Creed was as clever and in-depth as Uncharted.

On the DS I'm playing [b]Professor Layton and the Curious Village[/b]. The game is basically a collection of puzzles that get harder as you progress. It's quite rewarding to figure out the puzzles and you can use hint coins you find outside of puzzles if you get really stuck.

I recommend renting [b]Army of Two[/b] and [b]Professor Layton[/b] to anyone who hasn't played them yet. To those of you that own a PS3 if you haven't checked out [B]Uncharted[/B] or [B]Resistance[/B] yet (which I doubt) then they are seriously worth looking into.

And I won't even begin to talk about how much of a deal [b]The Orange Box[/b] is.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Lrb'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I recommend [B]buying[/B]... [b]Professor Layton[/b] to anyone who hasn't played them yet.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Fix'd and seconded. Seriously, it's beautiful.

I've been playing Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django lately. Seriously, it makes me sad that something as fun, innovative and clever as the Boktai series never caught on in the US. Sure, the solar sensor could be a pain in the butt sometimes, but it's just so good. There's no reason not to like these games. If you've never played it, do so.

I've been playing it on an emulator with a solar sensor mod patch. It's so much easier without having to worry about the actual natural weather of the outside world. I also got the third one with an English patch and solar sensor mod for after that. I just wish I still had my Boktai 2 cartridge.[/FONT]

I'll blame Des and his videos he's been posting on his world at theO for what I'm playing right now. >_> I ended up going to my parents and digging out some of my older games, namely [B]The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. [/B]

After seeing some of the nifty tricks he does in those videos of that game... I decided I have to try them out. Like the one where you use a bomb to knock yourself over a hole. Or turning the anti-fairy into a fairy with magic dust. All of it is stuff I didn't realize you could do... so I had to play the game just to do it.

Right now, I'm testing out [I]Too Human[/I]. I rented it just this Monday, and so far I am happy. Not sure whether I want to buy it or not though. The game is reminiscent of Diablo II and as such is very addicting.It is the first installment of a trilogy, so the waiting game is already making me anxious. A couple things I dislike about it however, is that the multi-player on LIVE is only for two people. Another draw back is some balance issues as well as the death/rebirth event(takes about 40 seconds).

Needless to say, I would recommend this to any action genre lovers. Rent it, see how it fits you, then decide if you want to buy it.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Or turning the anti-fairy into a fairy with magic dust. All of it is stuff I didn't realize you could do... so I had to play the game just to do it.[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
I really wasn't aware anyone didn't know that, considering it's been in almost every 2d game since.

Of course, I didn't know about the Dark World cheat or the bombs, so I'm definitely not perfect.[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
Having waited for almost a week, I finally played [B]Shinki Gensou Spectral Souls II[/B] on the PS2. Yes, it's and another Japanese SRPG again though most people prefer the PSP version more. But, this was worth a try.

So I managed to re-do the game twice. I made a couple of mistakes at the start, so I had to take the procedures to the True Ending [B]slowly[/B] so I won't be in panic mode. For now, I'm powerleveling the Shinsei Shinba Teigundan on Ikai no Mon first (since Reilia is in a lower level) and try to sturggle for a while. I only have 2 Scarabe so I need to use it well in case anything happens. The Neverland Koukokugun, however, don't have a Scarabe (yeah, none!) so I [B]might[/B] go for it once [spoiler]Hiro joins the Koukokugun[/spoiler]. I'll kill time on Ikai no Mon first and try to obtain Scarabe (on both Gundans) and level up to the highest possible (let's say...20 or 25? I'll think about it, though) whilw trying to learn Charge Hold combos to the party to deal massive damage and higher combos as well.

Next week, I'll try to rant Shin Seiki Gensou Spectral Souls on the PS2 once I got the parcel somewhere this week or on the next.

[COLOR="Green"]Hey Dark, let's try to use spoiler tags so that way people who haven't played the game yet don't get anything ruined for them. ^_~

~Korey[/COLOR]

[I]darksuzakurera: Ok, my bad for not posting spoiler tags. I'll be more careful next time ;)[/I]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]As of late, I've been replaying [B]Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars[/B] on my SNES emulator. I find it much much easier to do additional hits and damage buffers on my keyboard as opposed to my SNES controller. I've already cinched down my party configuration and I'm currently leveling up in order to make the the next parts of the game simple and hassle free. If you haven't had a chance to play this awesome RPG, it's available on the Wii Virtual Console or you can download an emulation program. Don't miss out on a gem.[/FONT]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]As of late, I've been replaying [B]Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars[/B] on my SNES emulator. I find it much much easier to do additional hits and damage buffers on my keyboard as opposed to my SNES controller. I've already cinched down my party configuration and I'm currently leveling up in order to make the the next parts of the game simple and hassle free. If you haven't had a chance to play this awesome RPG, it's available on the Wii Virtual Console or you can download an emulation program. Don't miss out on a gem.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
I've been playing this in an emulator too! This game started my addiction on RPG games. The gameplay's fun, I had to spend the whole hour pressing A Button during Super Jump back then I played this in a SNES emulator which made go LOL. Currently, I'm still leveling up both Mario and Mallow in the Kero Sewers so the boss won't flush me out again...

So yesterday, I have to play Spectral Souls II again and this time, things get a bit complicated at the end.

[spoiler]So I finally levelled the Neverland Kougun to 10s (10 is the lowest and 16 is the highest) and went to Cactus Desert to test it out. Seemes that it worked somehow but Audrite got killed but managed to revive him back. And did a Charge Hold skills on everyone, brawling out a Level 13 soldier, getting extra EXP boost after defea, which make level up a cake on the lower level characters. Moving on to Marengo Ruins, 'tis simply a piece of cake for levels 11-14 the didn't do much damage but dealing damage back to them was just entertaining. After that, switched back to Shinsei Shinba Teigun and cleared Ikai no Mon as well, unlocking a first recruitable character, Himika. I didn't test her out on Feruz Forest so I had to work it on Ikai no Mon later. Medina Ruins is not a funny battle. I mean, these guys won't 'attack unless provoked' so I had to plan out. Hiro at Level 19 [B]IS NOT A FUNNY JOKE[/B] to deal with. One slap of Mashou Rengoku (plus a couple of 3-cell frontal attacks) on the 5 people would reconsider it backing-out, so pretty easy for you to think? Wrong. Will go back to Ikai no Mon and go for 16 as well. Wanna get even, guys?[/spoiler]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I've been working on [B]Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past[/B] recently and it's been fun going back and re-playing one of my favorite games. It's been interesting getting back into the game, because I've been using my keyboard as opposed to a SNES controller and it takes some getting used to. I've been watching Desbreko's videos to see general things and make sure I don't miss any cool items or treasures. That normally happens with me, I beat an RPG story wise and then I go back to it later and find all the nifty items I would have normally missed because I was too focused on beating the game. [/FONT]

[color=crimson]Romance of the Three Kingdoms 11 - Old standard for long, horrifying strategy involving cool parts of Chinese history, this is the most refined, clean release by KOEI in the series since ever. It really is a superb product if you enjoy grand strategy, the time period, or past Romance games.

I made my little clan of custom characters and we're trouncing around China as we speak.

Persona 3: FES - this is like my project, haha. I've been playing this game for a [b]long time[/b] in brief nuggets of goodness, yet I am still a long way from beating it. Persona 4 comes out in December so hopefully I am done by then.

Just Cause - picked this up used for 11 bucks and it's pretty good for a sandbox game. A bit repetitive but base jumping off of bridges is pretty nice looking.

Call of Duty 4 - this is my multiplayer game, I usually am on every night with my college buddies for an hour plugging away with my AK at anything moving. [/color]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"][B]Star Wars: The Force Unleashed[/B]

"Don't believe everything that you've heard, you'll get a parking violation and a maggot on your sleeve."

Seriously. Screw the critics who have given this game a 7.5 out of 10 and complained and complained that it's not all it's cracked up to be. Trust me, it is.

It is THE definitive game when you want to use Force powers, or use lightsaber combat. It's fast, flashy, and most of all; it's fun! The Force Powers? True to source material. Force Lightning that course and surges on things and from your fingers like a spider web of energy. It's awesome.

Mostly the reviewers have praised the story, which I love, and hated on the gameplay mechanics which in some cases I can agree with. Nevertheless a 7.5 to them must be a 9.0 to me.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

So last night I got to play Super Robot Taisen MX, Onmyou Taisenki: Byakko Enbu and Shin Seiki Gensou Spectral Souls. Among those three, I will first rant...

[spoiler]Shin Seiki Gensou Spectral Souls. The gameplay seems easy a bit but the Item Storage went pretty complicated. I managed to recruit Kyuo and Frederika (by means of convincing during the battle) while Helene, well, I didn't recruit her since I'm in a low-level situation right now. The Ikai no Mon is hugely complicated! It had many traps making my clear route turned down and difficult. But all in all, it was a great game. And the online store I ordered it went already 'Sold Out'! O_o *wipes sweat*[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]Rock.
Band.
Two.

yea sure, the start of the campaign can and will possibly make you want to gouge your eyes out afer playing That's What You Get after the 50th time, but the much harder songs that are unlocked down the road, and the slightly expanded character creator, compensate for how much MTV had influenced the sequel.

and another plus is no more ugly stand ins for campaign, yes you can build characters to fill in the vacancies, which I think is a good redeeming quality of the game.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning[/B].

OK first of all I'm going to say it was not my idea to originally buy this game when it came out about two weeks ago, but six weeks of previous harranging by my good friend and ex-OB member Jokopoko inclined me towards it. I've always liked the idea of MMOs (it started with OB's obsession with Guild Wars a few years ago which I was too late for, damn lack of broadband) and I've been a fan of the Warhammer Universe for a while now, although I prefer the WH40K setting because it's sci-fi.

Anyways this game is actually pretty awesome when you get down to it, I've not player Blizzard's WoW so I can't draw comparisons, even if WAR is supposed to be the major contender for the former's crown. While the missions themselves can be somewhat tedious, and quest characters are not particularly well laid out on the map the Public Quests are a heap of fun when involved in a party or better still a warband (especially if you happen to do the best and get a major loot bag).

The biggest feather though in WAR's cap is it's Realm vs Realm combat, it is simply awesome to charge a fellow player from the other realm and hack him down to increase you experience and standing. Even when you die, all you want to do is get up, get healed and get back into the fray to hunt down the bastard who killed you and pay him back.

Anyone into MMOs should definitely check this out, I'm not 100% sure of the monthly charge (it's supposed to be somewhere around the $12-$15 mark) but it's really a heck of a lot of fun. [/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial"]I'm currently playing [B]Tales of Symphonia[/B]. I've beaten the game on normal and hard so I'm trying to work my way through the Mania setting. I'm not very far along though since I keep getting my butt kicked. Just that tiny bit of extra difficulty is proving to be interesting to overcome. It would probably help if I actually played the game more often. I really need to level up a bit.[/FONT]

[quote name='Nathan'][FONT="Arial"]I'm currently playing [B]Tales of Symphonia[/B]. I've beaten the game on normal and hard so I'm trying to work my way through the Mania setting. I'm not very far along though since I keep getting my butt kicked. Just that tiny bit of extra difficulty is proving to be interesting to overcome. It would probably help if I actually played the game more often. I really need to level up a bit.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
I also did the same way. I level up in the world map and dungeon on Normal Mode while the bosses are on Mania or higher. I didn't have enough grades at the end but I'm trying to level up as well.

So my next rant is Onmyou Taisenki: Byakko Enbu.

[spoiler]This game uses EyeToy Camera but if you don't have one, the left analog stick will you best friend in this game. The game is pretty straightforward but there is also a Free Play mode which you can play with the other Toujinshi besides Riku but there are requirements for it though. So I finished the game twice after beating Byakko no Rangetsu and played Free Mode to level up others starting from Hiiragi no Horin, Byakko no Rangetsu and currently working on Ikazuchi no Fusanoshin. The Onmyou input commands are easy but hard to input diagonals which make the game repetitive and boring. Nevertheless, it's still a great game.[/spoiler]

I won't rant Super Robot Taisen MX anymore...